Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holstein Kingdom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Holstein Kingdom Empty Holstein Kingdom

Post by JerriLeah7 4th May 2012, 3:42 pm

This northwestern Kingdom is ruled by King and Queen Arshield, whom live in the capitol city, where it is most calm in weather and atmosphere. This Kingdom has a longer winter than not, and is generally colder than any other country on the continent. It also rarely suffers from tsunamis on its ocean border.

Welcome to the beautiful lands of Holdstein--it is now a Saturday morning, the sun is shining brightly, but is hidden by dark clouds that threaten to bring more snow to the already snow-covered ground.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Holstein Kingdom Empty Re: Holstein Kingdom

Post by Guest 7th June 2012, 2:11 am

[Entering from Blazing Swords Guild Thread]

[Attn: Ashu, Open]

Garm kept walking down the path determinedly, his pace was quick, he knew where he was going, and he did not want to slow down for anything. Eventually, they could see the village down in the valley, as Garm trudged down he coughed a little. The cold was bothering his throat. He was not wearing a coat though, he was thick enough that cold did not bother his skin. Garm got out a thick scarf from his pockets and wrapped it around his nose, mouth, and neck to alleviate the dull burn in his throat.

Odayum was a large town, it had nice buildings made of stone as well as wood and had a productive set of vineyards, as well as a few other crop fields. Garm would walk around it if not for it being directly through the quickest route.

He walked up to the village entrance, but thankfully since it was still midday the gates were not closed. The guards called down to him.
"What is your business through Odayum stranger?"

Garm looked up with a grin, but made sure not to show off his metal teeth.
"Jus' passin' through. Headed up ta tha town Varfeld on tha edge of tha mountains. My... associ'at and I were hired ta protect tha merchant carriers and we gotta get there bafore they head out."
He lied, but he lied well. He had been a merchant's guard and knew there were many caravans coming out of Varfeld.

The guard nodded, "You may pass through."
"Much obliged sir!" Garm yelled up but rolled his eyes when he looked back to the road.
Ijits wouldn't make it in Blazing Swords. Even I'd come down and check 'em out up close. He thought.
He walked through the gates and finally looked back to see if Ashu was there.
"Follow close kid. Don't want you gettin' nabbed by the unseemlies here. Might pray on yer weak appeer'nce."
He said and gave a rude chuckle, but he was not trying to insult the kid. He did look weak. He turns back to the village and trudges on in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rensaku 7th June 2012, 4:14 pm

Ashu walked after garm, trying to stand upright, he was so use to moving around low to the ground that it almost hurt him to walk the way he was. If that wasn't enough he walked like a almost like a zombie, the sun was hurting him. He couldnt keep his distance from the man due to the blinding lights.

As they came to a village entrence a guard stopped them, the old man made up a story about going through to get to a merchants. He couldn't believe it when the guard let them through, how well a liar the old man was. He kept note to watch out for his lies, that he would have to validate some of what he said.

While they were walking through he saw him look back to see if he was still with him. He listend as he told him to stay close to avoid being snatched up. He was close enough, he thought to himself as he walked beside him. He felt nothing from the mans rude chuckle, he just brushed it off and kept walking.
Rensaku
Rensaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th June 2012, 10:56 pm

Garm quickened his pace from the stroll he started with going through the gate, but he did not try to run through the village, that would raise suspicions. Still, he hated this place. He had only passed through once or twice before and it always left a bad taste in his mouth. And not just because he had to kick in a face or two when some took too much interest in him.

Eyes were already on him because he kept his scarf over part of his face, but he knew that his lips and teeth attracted way more looks if people saw those so he kept the scarf tightly wound. He motioned for Ashu to speed up with a click of his fingers. The market district was packed with people, and so he took a weaving pattern. He sure hoped Ashu did not lose track of him.

Some rough-looking types eyed Garm and Ashu from an alley as they passed. They grinned at one another and started to tail the two. Garm weaved more through the traffic and even rolled under a cart. Eventually he took an alley he knew. He purposely let Ashu pass him and grabbed on of the vagrants.

The man gave a gruff gasp of surprise.
"Lemme go big fella!" The blonde-haired man with green eyes told him. His clothes were muted and worn. He was obviously a poor man scraping by through mugging people not native to the town. The other thugs filed in to take care of their own.
Garm growled at all of them, "Best not follow n'ee more. We aren't the merciful types and anythin' ya dish out is parsley compared to the beatin' I can give you... get'et?"
He stated and lifted, he pulled the bright-eyed man off his feet and tossed him into the others. Garm stormed off very fast. He picked up to a run. These alleys lead to the end of the town so they would be fine from here on out if the thugs did not follow. He assumed Ashu would match his pace.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rensaku 7th June 2012, 11:31 pm

[Attn: Garm]

Ashu felt something was up when Garm picked up his pace, that either ment the quest was that important to hi, or they were being followed. He tried his best to keep up with the man as he weaved through the crowed. Being the short person that he was he was able to duck under people, to get through them easily. He still had trouble seeing the man, but before he lost sight of him he reached out and grabbed the back of his shirt.

Unable to keep his eyes open any more he shut them, using Garm as his guide. Finally, when they reached a shadowy area he was able to slightly open his eyes again, so he let go and moved ahead of him, suddenly he heard comotion. He turned around and saw the man holding someone, he slowly reached near his waist for the bottle of dust. After Garm threw the man in to the group he ran up to them and swung the bottle, spewing the dust every, trying to hit as many people as possible before running after his fleeing teamate.
Rensaku
Rensaku

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th June 2012, 12:34 am

Garm looked back to see Ashu launching a... container-full of dust at them? He waited just long enough to let Ashu catch up to him and could not help but give a gravely chuckle.
"Nice move, Ashu, good work not botherin' with powers either."
He complimented and actually used the kid's name.

They ran through the twisting alleyways till they came to the southern gate. Garm put an arm up to slow Ashu and looked around. It seemed they were not followed, or the guys were far behind, and the gate itself was open. They should be able to just walk out.
"A'ight, this was WAY bett'r'an last time." He said with a grin that moved the scarf.

They were able to walk out no trouble. Garm was glad for once to not have any other confrontation. It would distract from his quest. He walked further through the valley and towards the mountains. The sun was almost finished setting to their right in the west.
We'll be in Dark Ashenshun ter'tory soon. Brock better not'ave screwed things up. I'll be shittin' a brick if they didn't do as Rook wanted.

On into the night, they kept putting one foot in front of another. Garm was pacing himself well enough, he was not sure about Ashu's condition, but the boy was still behind him. He looked out across the rocky terrain.
Finally, on the last stretch. We should be seeing the camp in the distance within the next ten minutes or so.
As he thought that he saw a figure in the distance, not a person though... it was something in the air.
Garm peered at the thing veering about in the sky, he could not tell what it was yet but the darting movement had caught his eye. Eventually he could make out a small bird, maybe a finch. Its flying was so erratic and yet it was obvious it was going towards them. As the bird got close to them it collapsed on the ground. In a moment that seemed to take forever it transformed into a person. That person was Brock.

[Attn: Ashu, Brock]

Garm was startled to say the least. He blinked a few times to make sure he was not seeing things, and ran over to his comrade. Brock was injured badly and was covered in his own blood.
"Hell-shat-damn, Brock! Wut fucked yoo over'nd pissed on yer grave?"
Garm asked the man as he grabbed his hand and tried to pull him up onto his feet, but Brock just let out a yelp and collapsed back to the ground. Garm could not tell if the wounds would prove lethal, but whatever news was to come from the man's mouth it was obviously going to be nothing good. Garm wore a mask of apprehension, anger, and concern.

Last edited by treomatos on 13th June 2012, 1:52 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the scene)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 12th June 2012, 7:52 pm

Brock breathes heavily, exhausted from the flight. He had stretched out his limits to reach someone--anyone. The other few survivors were sure to be behind, but he doubted they'd continue to travel into the night.

"I did as I was ordered, Garm," Brock starts off defensively, "I made a camp, made statements of remaining, but not harming a damned one of the little shadow fuckers. We didn't do shit, and the next thing I know, I'm wakin' up with our camp and shit on fire and then there was a member in our camp trying to kill us and let us not forget the giant Dark Ascension symbol that was glowing in the fucking air that eventually shat out a fucking giant demon of hell! It nearly sawed off my head!"

Brock is rambling off, talking quickly and angrily, yet also sadly. He seems a little depressed as he continues: "...we lost so many damned good people! And for what?!?! FUCK! I tried to save as many people as I could be distracting it, I really did, Garm, but fuck I couldn't do anything else! I am so fucking pissed!
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th June 2012, 3:44 am

[Attn: Brock, Ashu]

Garm tried not to have expectations. He tried not to think of anything that could have possibly happened. Yet what Brock told him still shattered the inkling he had formed of a bad scenario. This was far worse than anything he could have dreamed up. He shook with rage as Brock explained. Garm dropped his scarf from his face.
"THOSE DUMB-ASSES DID WHUT!?" Garm growled in a near yell.
"Ss-So lemme jus' get this down. Aftur ya settle in, THEY set a fire? A D-A ass-aSSIN is jus' trampsin' thru tha muther-fukin' camp? FUKIN floatin' DA symbol shats a DEMON? An' WORS' yet, we lose MEN ta all this!?"
Garm recounts quickly, barely controlling his voice in the process.

"THA FUK!? THA FUUUUUUuuuK!?"
He points his face to the sky and screams at the rain still pouring down. The heat of his rage keeps the cold of the winds from bothering his throat. He suddenly breathes in the rain in a rapid vacuum. The water spout he collects pressurizes in his body after a moment and he carefully blasts away the blood off of Brock at low pressure. He avidly, rapidly ripped strips of his own pants to tie up Brock's wounds, especially the laceration across his neck. Despite his anger and speed, he is able to sufficiently staunch the wounds, albeit Brock experienced the roughest first-aid one could receive. Brock barked out in pain as Garm worked and glared at the man despite being thankful for his help. Not that the way he had cleaned his wounds was nasty either. Garm's pants were in tatters up to his knees, but they still covered him as well as shorts would.

"I'LL make 'EM PAY fer this DISRES'PCTtt! I'LL MAKE--"
Garm began, but just stomped back and forth screaming, ranting, flailing in no known language. Soon he stilled himself yet his body shook with the effort. He looked down at Brock in hard thought.
How could't 'ave gone thes bad!? Wat 'append ta deplomacey!?

"Whar's'r deplomats this 'ole tiem? We 'ere suppos'd tah'ave TALKSss!"
He voiced his train-of-thought with much better control, but his voice was harsh and he had to stress the last word in a shout, spitting with anger. There was not supposed to be bloodshed. Neither side was supposed to have been in battle, let alone DA slaughtering the BS encampment.

His thoughts focused on why he was this angry.
Rook'll 'ave a conipt-ian at this cat-astraf-ee!
It was not even all that had happened, or the lives lost, but how Rook would take the news. Brock might have done what was necessary in the situation, but that the Blazing F-in Swords camp had been so caught off-guard to have LET such an onslaught occur... was a failure in Garm's mind. And he felt as if blood was on his hands despite not even being there. Because Rook would look a fool by this mess no matter what the report. The rumors of who started the bloodshed would hurt both Guilds, and Rook's reputation. This event might even escalate into a Guild War, which was the last thing Rook, or Garm, wanted.
FUK I gotta right this somehaw! Son-v-a-BITCH this's tha worst shat I could've walked thru!
Garm railed in his mind as he waited for the answer from Brock. The silence broken only by the steady rain and long gusts of wind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 13th June 2012, 10:54 am

Brock shakes his head, looking depressed after his wounds have been taken care of. He breathes heavily, wishing that the pain would go away-wishing that he could have started the whole night all over again and fix things.

"The diplomats? They're sending diplomats? Why couldn't they have sent those first? Shit! I can't believe they started this shit....I've gotta talk to Rook. Failure or not, I have to report. There's no way we make a decision without knowing what he wants."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th June 2012, 3:16 am

Garm stopped a moment and was surprised at Brock's response. Either he was more of an idiot than Garm had already tagged him for, or Rook had some sort of plan that he had not fully told his Guild mates. Both seemed equally likely.
"I know wat'e wants. I 'aven't failed."
Garm told the man sternly, but not in too cruel a way, Brock had been through hell. He would give him a small break.

"I'm gonna go try an' stitch up this split op'n bleedin' whore-goat fuk fest, an' I'm gonna rally tha remn'nts back ta camp. We're gonna wait fer tha deplomats, an' if D-A wants ta still start shet, then I ain't strikin' back unless there's a direc' call fer a Guil'WAR. Rook wan's his reely fukin' important key back. That's why I'm 'ere. I'm gonna make et 'appen one way'r another!"
He stated his determination.

"Now, Brock, ya jus' lay 'ere an' I'll send some survivars yer way and ya high-tail yer shat-n-blood-stain' ass's back ta Blazin' Swards. The res'v us'll regroup and get 's close ta D-A as we dare ta be. I'll do sum mediatin' myself if I need ta."
Garm informed him, and gave a metal-filled, bestial grin as he stuck his thumb towards himself.
"Ashu. Yer comin' wit' me. Unless, yer thinkin' of backin' out now?"
He asked, wondering how "lil'Ashu" would take in everything that had been said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 18th June 2012, 12:46 pm

"Fine," Brock says with a shake of his head as he is still breathing arduously. His neck is still pretty bad, so he refrains from moving his head after that. "You go do what you gotta do. I'm heading to the Guild to report. If you fuck anything up further, I won't take responsibility, so it's no big deal to me."

And if you fix this shit up, I many not have my head delivered to Rook on a platter. Win, win.

I'll stay here, rest, wait for the others to catch up. After that, we'll head to the damn Guild together. Sila is dead, by the way. She was one of our best buff magic users, I know. She and Zan went down and Rook....he's gonna be pissed."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 21st June 2012, 3:01 pm

The others soon arrive as morning finally arrives. Brock awakes to realize that he feel asleep. There are others now, around him, sleeping. Several have injuries from arrows. He helps where he can, though it is difficult for him to do much moving.

He looks up to see the supply caravan--the one that was meant for his camp. Someone must have run across it and warned them to come back. He sees several survivors already sleeping inside of it.

"Yes," Brock says happily, "Wake up, guys. Get in the caravan. We're heading to Blazing Swords. Now."

A few people groan and all are eventually packed up and ready to go--though it's going to be a painful, miserable trip.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th June 2012, 1:26 pm

Garm was distracted from looking at Ashu when Brock spoke up. The man gave his approval, not that Garm thought he needed it, and then had the nerve state he was not responsible if Garm made it worse. Garm kept from flashing his metal teeth at the injured man. He let the comment slide and said nothing in response.

Brock then mentioned two of the casualties.
"Sila and Zan both? Shiiit. They cu'd make battals a breeze. Good peepl at that."
He stated with a downcast expression. He would miss them both.

"Frick, can't stan' around pissin' in tha wind. C-ya Brock. Make it back ta Blazin' Swords alive will ya?"
He turned to Ashu.
"Sitiatin's 'ave changed. You wanna still see this thru Ashu? Fine by me. Wanna run back to Blazin' Swords? Still fine by me. Me? I'm goin'."
He said and walked off.

The sun was just about to rise, and Garm saw the other survivors making their way up the hill in the distance. He ran out to meet them.
"'AY! Anyun' not about ta keel ovar dead bett'r be headed back ta Dork Ass'itchin wit' me!"
Some people groaning from their wounds groan even louder when they see Garm. Those not heavily injured pale at his order.

"You're not even S Rank yet!" Someone shouted.
He tried to stare down the challenger through the murk and rain, but could not find the one who said that.
"I'm 'ere by Rook's direct ordors! Any of yoo piss-ant cowards wanna talk back ta me!?"

Everyone cowered at his expression. They were too miserable to contest.
"S'wut I thought." He said while giving them the evil eye.
"Now, as I said, fall inta line." He ordered.
Slowly, grudgingly, about 25 people gathered behind him and after checking the supply caravan and he had people carry some necessities on the litters. Litters that had been carrying the wounded before the caravan had met up with them. Once ready, they started off on toward Dark Ascension.

Only about 8 of the people were ready, willing, AND able to go.
I'll 'ave ta boost morale when we get there. We've been through worse, yet everyun's so grim. This es why Guild versus Guild shet shouldn't 'appen.

[Left to Dark Ascension Thread]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 8th July 2012, 12:15 am

[ATTN: Rook, Grey]

Lysis stepped outside of the Blazing Swords guild and took in his surroundings. It was hard to believe he was in Holstein Kingdom after no traveling at all, but that was the point of Gren's magic, he supposed. Despite having his childhood home there, Lysis never visited the kingdom unless he had a job that took him there. Sometimes he considered visiting his parents, but he knew no good would come from that.

Lysis turned to the two guild masters. "Would you prefer to use horses or walk? It doesn't matter to me either way."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 9th July 2012, 9:52 am

Rook smirks and Grey frowns.

"Horses."
"We walk."

They speak together, and then look at each other sternly. Then, Grey says: "You know? We'll let Lysis decide. And I'll bet he wants to walk, as I know him very well. Don't you, Lysis?"

"We're gettin' horses, ya damned fool." Rook says, "The meeting'll be over by the time you get us there. I'd like to get there by tomorrow, thanks."

"Ass."

"Peasant."

"Waif."

The two glower at each other as the move to the stables and Rook goes into collect the payment for the horse rentals. As Rook is gone, Grey looks to Lysis with a shake of his head:

"What a child, no? And he's a Guild Master!" He scoffs.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 12th July 2012, 9:10 pm

[ATTN: Rook, Grey]

Lysis grinned as he watched the interaction between the two guild masters. He was fine with either walking or taking horses, but he had to agree that the horses would be much quicker.

"Hahaha, indeed." Though he agreed with Grey, Lysis could see that both men seemed to become a bit childish when forced together. The two bickered like brothers. "Don't worry, I'm sure we can keep him under control. We already got him to agree to come to the meeting, after all."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by Rensaku 18th July 2012, 11:03 am

[Attn: Garm]

Ashu was idol for a while as he followed behind Garm, he wasn't listening until he heard. He decided to go, he couldn't go back yet, not until he knew he was done. He stayed to keep going, he didn't want to leave him behind to die although he knew he could handle himself. He stepped to the Dark A's guild location.

[left thread to DA]
Rensaku
Rensaku

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 29th July 2012, 10:46 pm

"Alright, horses it is," Grey says and Rook glares at him from the side with challenge. Nonetheless, horses are obtained and readied and one is then offered to Lysis before the two finally mount.

"Keep up, man." Rook says casually as he rushes on, galloping off towards the UMS. Grey shrugs, shaking his head as he takes up the reins, moving his own horse off, first at a slower trot and then into a full run.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th July 2012, 3:08 pm

ATTN: Open

Nyomie shivers and watches her breath turn visible in the cold air and suddenly sneezes. "Fuck... This weather totally does not suit me... No wonder i left this place for the longest time..." she sniffles and continues shivering after whispering that to herself.

She was only wearing her usual clothes... Her long black leather coat, that she usually leaves open but was at this moment, closed to preserve any bit of heat it could. Underneath her coat, she was wearing her bra and her short shorts. She had her hood up and was using her long hair as a scarf, she also was wearing little black gloves.

Nyomie was sitting on a bench watching people go buy mearly hating that she was there, hopping that something interesting might happen. "Why am I here..." she whispers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd August 2012, 3:17 pm

"Nyomie." The voice says, turning from around the bench in a warm trenchcoat, a man stares at her with cold eyes. He quickly pulls the coat off and places it around her shoulders, a familiar thing that he normally does during their chats.

"A pleasure to see you again." He says, though his tone isn't warm at all. "I do believe I have found what you've been looking for. As all good things, it comes with a price."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th August 2012, 11:03 pm

ATTN: Man

Nyomie wraps the trench coat around her self and shivers with satisfaction as her body tingles back towards a normal temperature. Once her body all covered she finally realizes what the man just told her.

''Really? you found something that could make my power last for a longer duration?'' she briefly pauses as she grins. ''If so than tell me the cost and I will get right on it. Although would you happen to have more information about this device?'' She asks bluntly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 7th August 2012, 5:49 pm

"I don't know shit." He says shortly, "All I know is that you can get it...for a price. You do for him and he does for you. That's how it works. I told him you'd probably do just about anything for it, so yeah."

He hands her a piece of paper with a name, location, and date written cooly onto it. He leans back over the bench, his arms raising up onto the back as his leg crosses over the other in a relaxed posture. He pulls out a cigarette and places it in his mouth. He lights it, takes a few puffs, and then speaks again.

"And all you gotta do is meet hm there and get debriefed. Once you do what he wants, whatever it is, you get your payment. Simple and clean. I don't know who he is or what he does, Nyomie. So it's up to you if you think this stuff is worth it."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top