Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarrice Kingdom

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sarrice Kingdom Empty Sarrice Kingdom

Post by JerriLeah7 4th May 2012, 3:48 pm

This southeastern Kingdom is ruled by Prince Tarren, a young lad who has only just begun with his responsibilities on the throne. He, too, lives in the country's capitol city, and is generally called upon by many women with royal bloodline in hopes for a marriage to gain a King and Queen, rather than only have a Prince.

This kingdom is far warmer than it's northern counterpart, as well as less prevalent in their naval power, due to the frequent tsunamis on its eastern border. Few live in the region due to the massive amount of repetitive damage that is taken to the area, and so is usually called the "Abandoned Waters."

The sun shines this Saturday morning, but his hidden by thick rain clouds that threaten to fall upon the Kingdom very soon.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Sarrice Kingdom Empty Re: Sarrice Kingdom

Post by EphPhoenix 13th May 2012, 2:55 pm

[Attn: Open]

The city of Essentia. He saw nothing special about it. Then again, he didn't much see anything special about anything, anymore.

His clothes were dust stained and travel worn. His face was blank and his violet eyes were empty as they looked at everything as if by some imitation of life. His pants and jacket had once been green, but looked a muddy hue of it from the dust that covered them. He looked around and sighed. Cities were exceedingly noisy places.

Colors blended as he saw the sounds that everyone was making. Already, he could tell he'd have issues seeing clearly, but he had little choice in the matter. His grumbling stomach reminded him of that.

Walking around for a couple of hours revealed to him a nice spot for foot traffic and he set up. He pulled out his flute and played, dancing as he did so with the peculiar steps that his mother had taught him. She had mesmerized audiences for years with her amazing footwork.

The people, before oblivious, turned to look at the music that now cut through the humdrum that was their life. He silently scoffed at the lot of them. How could they not hear the hollowness in his cheerful notes--but then again, few people had musical talent. Most were fools.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th May 2012, 6:14 pm

{Attn: Lark, Open}

Clementina enters Essentia in full costume. She is going to be performing at the reception later on. She slowly makes her way toward the guild hall. She takes her time going to it. She doesn’t want to hang out too much at the hall. It is bad enough she took the job for them, but she loves to dance. She hears a flute playing in the distance. It plays a beautiful song, she feels compelled to find out where the music is coming from.

She turns the corner and sees the crowd. The music sounds beautiful, cheerful with a hint of melancholy. She gets to the edge of the crowd. The people part and let her go through. She eventually gets to the front and sees a kid playing a flute and dancing. His steps are intricate and almost as beautiful as his song. She watches him dance and tries to commit some of the steps to her memory. She sees the hat set up, and knows he is not doing this out of enjoyment.

When he finishes, she approaches him “Would you mind if I dance as you play a song or two?” The crowd buzzes her name as she speaks to the young man. Poor kid, the least she can do is help. It will be a good warm up for the show too.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th May 2012, 6:21 pm

[Attn: Clementina]

Toward the end of his song, a young woman was parting the crowd. When he finished, she asked if she could dance while he played. Empty eyes met hers, then scanned the crowd. She'd probably bring more revenue.

Lark put his flute to his lips and once more chose another cheerful and intricate melody. As she began dancing, he watched, then began matching her steps with an intricate mix of his own.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th May 2012, 6:59 pm

(ATTN : Open, Lark, Clementina)

- Ruins -

''Ouhh.....'' Ryla smiled in delight as she found a shiny stone into one of the ruins she was working at and looked left and right only to see if the coast was clear. She whispered playfully ''gotta bring samples~'' as she placed it into her bag.

Then one man came to her and started to speak off, looking annoyed. ''Hey ! What are you still doing this deep into the ruins ?!''

''U-uh ?! '' Ryla exclaimed surprised and hoping the man did not see her hide what she just found. ''W-why working of course !'' She told him nervously.

''Don't you know there's a wedding today ?....'' The man said, surprised that she had forgot.

''Wedding ?...OH ! Right, that wedding !.... woups.'' Ryla said almost looking ashamed she forgot. Then she got up and walked to the man giving a nice friendly hit on his shoulder and as she did, information on him came to her mind. ''Well Steve ! I'll be sure to give you your favorite almond cookies as a gift for reminding me !!'' She said cheerfully, going toward the exit.

''W-wait how do you know I like those cookies ?!.... And... I don't think we've met before ? ''

''It's a s-e-c-r-e-t~'' Then she was off to the city.

-Essentia City-

Arriving close to the city with her one piece suit covered in dirt from playing too long in the ruins, she first stopped at her home to place this suit into the dirty clothes basket. Then she moved to her lab to hid the stone she found. ''There, like this nobody will find you, remain sage oh dear sample.''

Then she moved to her room and left her bag for work there, brushed her ponytail and stayed in her normal clothes for she had no such thing as classy dress. Moving outside of her home she, went to take a look around the city bought the happy couple their favorite candies, hoping she wasn't mistaken with their least favorites.

It wasn't long before she came across a mass of people and heard some music. ''Ouuuh that look.... interesting. !!! Excuse me, coming through, short person here ! '' Ryla made it to the front and saw a wonderful lady dancing to the melody of a younger teen that looked like he had been through a lot. Then again maybe he also was playing in the ruins like her ? Who knows ! Tempted to get closer, she started to randomly dance with them, trying to match their steps, but not exactly as good. Really all she wanted is poke the boy. Maybe she could make a ruin maniac friend ?
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th May 2012, 7:08 pm

{Attn: Lark}

Clementina’s heart almost broke when she looked into the boy’s eyes. He didn’t say yes, nor did he say no. He moved back and gave her room. She smiles and waits for him to start playing. She begins to dance. The people started to put their money into his hat. She does more daring steps and moves out of the way as he starts to dance with her.

Before long another person wiggles her way through the crowd. She stands on the other side of the kid and starts to dance too. She is not as good as the boy though. Soon the song ends and Clementina starts to clap. “Come on everyone he was great! I have time for one more. How about it, kid?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th May 2012, 8:23 pm

[Clemintina, Ryla]

In the middle of the tune, another girl joined in the fray. Her dancing was laughable, but as the crowed seemed to enjoy it and were throwing more coins, he allowed it. When it was over the dancer asked for another. His empty eyes once more roved over the crowd and his hat, and once more he put the flute to his lips.

The melody started slow, though it was still intricate in its buildup. It wasn't a tune commonly played unless you knew what you were doing. "Igneel's Dance" it was called, named aptly after the boisterous and bold creature. The dancer looked at him with recognition and began to dance to it. After a moment, he threw in his own set.

Unbidden, came his memories. The Festival of Lights, the spring solstice holiday celebrated every year. His mother would always take him to the nearby village and around the bonfire, she danced and sang this tune fiercely. Then as his talent came into light, she had brought him in on it, and around the bonfire they lit up the night.

He lost himself in the melody, so much so that he missed when he began making the music into visible colors for the audience. As he had at the Festival, as well. Swirls of colorful melody as he danced and played his soul into the piece. He was back at that bonfire and his mother was lighting up the night with her soul.

Then came the climax of the piece, the bridge, the lull, and then the finisher. As he played and held the final note, he was brought back to the present. The weight returned and he was once more alone. The completely stunned audience burst into cheers, and the coins that flowed into his hat were many.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th May 2012, 8:50 pm

{Attn: Lark, Ryla}

Clementina was happy when the boy puts the flute to his mouth. This song was one she heard before. It was a very interesting selection. She nods at him and begins to dance. As the dances she starts to notice the air fill with beautiful colors. She also began to feel the song even more. Her body moves even more gracefully as the climax is reached. Her heart is racing when the song finished. At first there was silence, but then the crowd cheers.

When the applause dies down Clementina waves her hands. “Thank you everyone, but I have to get ready for a job. It was wonderful dancing for you today.” She walks up to the young boy. “That was amazing, if you ever need a dance partner again look me up. I am Clementina.” She winks at the kid and goes to pick up her bag. She does not ask for any money as she walks past him again.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th May 2012, 9:13 pm

(ATTN : Lark, Clementina)

Ryla felt so good after the first song that she just hoped he would go with another one as she completely forgot she actually wanted to poke him at the moment. Then came another one, that was a piece that seemed to be super hard. Yet she started to dance like crazy on it, her moves looking quite silly, but awesome at the same time.

At the end of the song, Ryla cheer happily ''WOOooo this was AWESOME !!! And you're awesome !!! '' And then she hug the boy tightly not even thinking about her ability which give her a flash of a smoked rib in a forest burning named Lark. ''W-wait, whaaaat ?! '' She thought trying not to laugh as she let go.

Then she randomly say ''So L-Boy ! ! How about I pay you a nice meal in return for this AWESOME thing. I have a wedding to see, but I'm sure they won't hate me if I show up a bit late ! If you need a place to stay as well I can offer it too. Oh and my name is Ryla, what is yours ?!'' She asked him trying to hide the fact that she already knew his name. Although her energy was truly warm and she wanted to help the boy out somehow. He seemed a bit... off ?
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th May 2012, 9:21 pm

[Attn: Clementina, Ryla]

He had to give the dancer credit, she was good. Not as good as his mother, but then, no one was. The other one...just had too much energy. What she lacked in talent she seemed determined to make up for in energy.

The dancer introduced herself as Clementina before walking off. She didn't ask for a cut of the hat so that was her loss. The other girl randomly hugged him and introduced herself as Ryla. He didn't know why as he'd never asked for her name.

When she released him, he merely let her words flow over him as he went to the hat, scooping up the coins around the hat. With a special twist on the hat, it suddenly became a coin purse, and he tied it around his waist.

At the girl, he merely nodded then turned and left as the crowd applauded him as they dispersed.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th May 2012, 9:37 pm

(ATTN : Lark)

''Hey wait boy !... '' She said as he started to walk away, she went in front of him and said ''C'mon come with me I'll pay you a meal and it won't cost you a coin. Just as thanks for having a good time alright ?...'' Ryla insisted, unsure if he would let her.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th May 2012, 9:40 pm

[Attn: Ryla]

Before he could make it very far, the girl Ryla had jumped in front of him. He wondered fleetingly why she was so determined. He began to try and walk around her when his stomach growled rather loudly. He needed food.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th May 2012, 9:42 pm

Seeing how he tried to go around her she just heard a stomach noise and said ''See ? Even your stomach agree it's a good idea ! A big boy like you need proteins !!!'' Ryla exclaimed to him with a smile.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th May 2012, 9:48 pm

Lark sighed. Maybe if he took the damned meal she'd go away? His empty eyes looked upon her and he nodded consent.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th May 2012, 10:00 pm

''Alright then follow me ! I know a nice place !'' Ryla told him as she started to guide him toward the best meat restaurant there was. She took a table outside with him and people were staring a bit, but she showed her tongue to them. ''Bleeeh ! What are you looking at ?! '' They all turned they head elsewhere and a waitress came to them.

The waitress didn't even say a word that Ryla started to speak ''I'd like two huge meals of smoked ribbs please ! These are the best !''

''Alright, I will be back with your order.'' The Waitress said leaving them alone for a short period of time which turned out to be some ankward silence. ''Okay, look I'll be nice and call you by your name if you tell me. Calling you boy all the time doesn't seem really respectfull y'know... ''
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th May 2012, 10:11 pm

He followed her to they got to a meat shack. She took the liberty of ordering for him. Ribs.

How long had it been now since he'd enjoyed the ribs his father used to make? There were none better. His mother always used to joke that she'd married him for his ribs. To which he'd reply he thought it was to save herself from that jumped up noble that was infatuated with her. To which he'd receive a jab to his ribs. It was a sort of routine.

His mind snapped back when she began speaking. He shrugged. He didn't care if she respected him or not. There was no point to introducing himself when they'd be going their separate ways soon enough.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th May 2012, 10:27 pm

''Ah c'mon don't be shy ! If you don't want me to tell it to anybody else I won't !'' Ryla said cheerfully. It was then that the waitress came with the smoked ribbs and gave them both their plates. ''Thanks ! That look delicious !!''

She then started to dig in, showing no real manner and eating like a man even though she would be the one to strike as an elegant young lady. But no she wasn't all this gracious or anything. When she was done, she let out a huge burp that made all the heads turn again. ''What? It needed to come out okay ?! '' Ryla exclaimed annoyed of them all.

''So do you like the meal ?'' She asked him with a smile.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th May 2012, 10:40 pm

The ribs were delicious, the meat practically falling from the bone. He ate with abandon, though was surprised by her atrocious table manners. When she spoke to him as he was wiping his face, he blinked, nodded, and said, "Lark. Thank you for the meal."

He immediately got up and left.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th May 2012, 10:49 pm

Ryla was surprised when he finally told his name and she smiled. ''Lark ? That's a nice name ! And you're welcome ! '' As he got up she asked him to wait up again and wrote some scribbles. ''You look like you could use a nice bed and all, this is my adress, my uncle live there as well. I'll be back late tonight probably, but if you need a place to stay you're welcomed to !'' She told him with a warm smile.

''Well have a good day Lark !'' Ryla said as she went to pay the bill and then sped off to the guild.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th May 2012, 11:35 pm

[Attn: Open]

She stopped him again as he began to leave, scribbling something down. A place to stay? He'd be fine in the woods. Just when he thought he'd never be rid of this annoying girl, she went to pay the tab and took off like a shot. Good riddance, as far as he was concerned.

He walked down the city, figuring out what his next move should be. He was good in the money department--better than he'd ever been, in fact. He walked around the city, looking but not really seeing. There was a time when his eyes would have popped out of his head and he'd have been at risk for twisting his head off trying to see in every direction at once. That seemed a lifetime ago.

Now, all there was was the long march till he could rejoin his family. The bustle of the city was creating too many different swirls of colored light and a headache was starting to form behind his eyes. He ducked off into an alley to clear his head.

Suddenly, a beat entered his head and he started hearing a melody to its rhythm. He immediately grabbed a nearby rock as if in a trance and began writing the score for the piece.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 16th May 2012, 7:47 pm

(ATTN : Open, Clementina, Lark)

''Waaaaaait !!'' Ryla screamed out to the lady running in front of her, this one however took a turn and when Ryla followed, she wasn't there anymore. Trying to see in each pathway to try and find where she went. Not really knowing which way she went, Ryla started to do a song pointing one after the other and then chose the one on which the song had stopped.

Running in that direction, she looked into every backalley she could fine or randomly walked into shops or other places that were opened asking if they saw a woman with short purple hairs passing by. Eventually she got to one back alley where there was a familiar face. It was Lark again, however what was he doing? Ryla wondered while getting closer to him. ''Ouuh that's some nice skills, but it may be better to just write it on paper y'know.'' Ryla said now being too interested in this to remember what she was going after.

''Y'know what ? Why don't you come to my place, I'll give you all the paper you need to write this thing ! I live with my uncle, but I don't think he'll mind you. He might have some old clothes of his that could fit you as well, who knows ! And you could use the bath, I mean like aren't baths totally awesome ?!'' She was going on in her talking always in her very cheerful manner.

Last edited by HikariKuragari on 16th May 2012, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 16th May 2012, 7:49 pm

{Attn: Open}

Clementina races through the streets into an alleyway she knows is hardly used. She leans back against the wall and opens up her bag. She takes out a cloak that covers her body and puts it on. She takes off her wig and releases her long black hair. He reaches in again, her hands trembling the whole time. She takes out a rag and wets it down with her canteen. She fiercely wipes her face, removing the makeup that was on it. She then packs everything in the bag and leans her back against the wall. She takes a moment to catch her breath before walking back out.

She pulls up the hood and walks the streets of Essentia as Kaimele. All she has to do is make it out of the city. No one should stop her like this, she is just another ordinary girl. All she needs is to act cool.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th May 2012, 8:26 pm

[Attn: Ryla, Open]

"Inverted V to a IV 6/4," Lark mused quietly to himself. "Now where to put the alto in this chord...?"

Lark continued writing, oblivious to Ryla's cheerful talking. He had filled the entire wall with a compositional score in d minor. If played, the melody would've been heartbreakingly sad, though he was oblivious to that.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 16th May 2012, 9:28 pm

Ryla didn't quite made herself heard, but at the same time did want him to finish his melody thing. Oh well ! She would still try to get his attention. ''Lark! I'm talking to you !'' She said loudly glomping him, which again the forest in fire and... blood ?

Last edited by HikariKuragari on 16th May 2012, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th May 2012, 9:42 pm

He nodded. He had resolved the voice jump and...

"What the hell?!"

Suddenly, he was being attacked! He let out a deep bellow, turning the noise into a kinetic blast that helped him leap a goodly distance away. He looked to see...

His face went flat. It was her. The idiot from before. He had just escaped from her, what on Earth...

It was then he noticed the composition he had written on the wall and looked up. The sun had moved a couple of hour's worth. He'd lost himself in a composition. Again.

He looked at her and raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to say whatever it was she wanted.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top