Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making an Intro Post

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Making an Intro Post Empty Making an Intro Post

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd June 2012, 2:47 pm

"Just go with the flow and don't be self conscious. If you feel like writing something, just write it."
--sagiri

"If I could give a tip to any new rper it would be again to post what's on your mind, if you don't you'll end up regretting what you didn't post."
--Rensaku

"Uh, don't worry about it as much as I do. XD It makes life so much easier when you just let go and stop worrying about it. Write what you want to write!"
--LadyTwi

"Mr. Bumpy?
Mr. Bumpy: H2OOOOO! Let the water floooooow!
*Ahem* Yeah, just let it flow--your post, not water. XD Don't overthink it and don't fret over it, just clear your mind and let your character come out."
--EphPhoenix

"Don't just slap a character into the RP. There are two elements to a character that you should define within the earlier posts.
1) Establish the character's voice; the manner in which they talk, think, act, etc.
2) Establish a problem for the character; a character's 'problem' is their future story arc. Something that is personal and will have an impact on them later, hopefully to teach them something. You don't outright say what it is in the introductions but you do want to leave small hints of a character's issue."
--Silver

"Don't be shy about it. I sometimes worry a lot about whether or not it's good enough or it fits, but what matters is getting it out there so you can fully jump in."
--Red

"Your character intro post does not have to be solely about your character alone. Don’t be afraid to involve other characters."
--xenolion

"NERF says it best! ITS NERF OR NOTHING!"
--MethosArchaic

"Have fun and just jump in! Don't be afraid to just do what's in character. If all else fails, ask your RPM. I'm sure they can give you plenty of ideas!"
--Leah7

"In an introduction, give enough detail to establish how your character carries his/her self. Don't fret over the little tidbits, as there will be PLENTY of time for development, just give enough to where someone from an outside point of view could get an impression of the character."
--Lythian

"This is your stage! Make your entrance from the left, the right, mid-stage, behind that bush! Oh my, you are hidden in the very crowd! You might play your part but the audience can only peg you for lackluster if you don't keep them interested in who you are. Love, hate, fear, admiration, it does not matter what they feel for you so long as it's not boredom!"
--treomatos
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top