Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword & Shield

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sword & Shield Empty Sword & Shield

Post by JerriLeah7 8th August 2012, 10:44 pm

There are two role-playing groups in this role-play! This is the first! When applying for this role-play, you must remember the following rules:

1. You cannot create your own character, yet. I'll be giving base class abilities and skills, first.
2. You have only two choices: A) Gender B) What member you're pairing with.
3. Follow the RP Guildelines.
4. If you join this group, you cannot join the other groups.
5. Character slots are first come, first serve.
6. Cooperation and Teamwork are required.
7. Worship me. Have fun!

Also, some good things to remember are that you will only be an Ayudar or an Arruinar. The Ayudar is a support magi class and the Arruinar is the warrior magi class. You may list your preferred class that you'd like to play, but I cannot guarantee your class to you.

More information about classes and Kurian and other such information will be posted later. =) There are seven slots open for this group! (I'll be partnering with someone, as well, making a group of eight.) If you have any questions, please post them in the discussions thread.

Thank you!

Last edited by Leah7 on 11th August 2012, 7:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Sword & Shield Empty Re: Sword & Shield

Post by Red 8th August 2012, 10:49 pm

To be completed:

Name: Commander Adrian Luthar

Class: Arruinar

Personality: Reckless and serious at the same time, he both sets high standards for himself and others on the battlefield and is more than happy to let go when the fighting is done. He is overly confident in a way that sometimes comes off as arrogance, and has a lewd, relaxed sense of humor that only gets worse while drunk. When it comes to combat, though, he takes himself very seriously, and it takes a great deal of effort to earn his respect.

Appearance: Stands at 6 feet with a lean, fit body. He has hazel eyes and short brown hair.

Spoiler:

Family/Bloodline: He comes from a family with much magical ability, but little prestige. Of his two siblings, Ariana and Nikolai, he is the only one with serious magical potential. He was the first member of his family to reach the rank of captain, let alone commander, and as such he's brought both a great deal of pride and jealousy from fellow family members.

Bond Strength: Zerrati

Soul Level: 392

Combat Skills: Highly Proficient with Longswords, Somewhat Proficient with Halberds, High Strength and Constitution, Low Dexterity and Evasion, average Agility.

Additional Skills: Strategy, Public Speaking, Minor First Aid

Magi Abilities:
Spoiler:

Character History: When Adrian first became a mage in training, he didn't have very high hopes for himself. His line was hardly known for magical ability, and so he sluggishly dragged his way through training, spending most of his time outside of training in bars, gambling and drinking.

It was while drinking in one of those bars that he met the woman that would become his partner, challenging men to best her in arm wrestling and cursing up a storm. While he spoke with her a little, winning a drink from her from an arm wrestling match, they never really hit it off or spoke again, until the two were assigned to be bond mates near the end of their training.

When it became apparent that Adrian had more magical ability than he ever thought, he became more serious in nature, straining his already tense relationship with his bondmate. Things finally came to a head when the both of them were offered captaincy - Adrian was quick to snatch the rank up, and after a massive fight with his bondmate he decided that she wasn't nearly ready for the responsibility of being a captain - so when she predictably turned down the promotion, he took it upon himself to 'whip her into shape,' so to speak, bribing the local bars to not serve her and blatantly using his new power as captain to keep her away from the fighting.

She became a model soldier eventually, but their strained friendship was at an end, for now. It was only after a year and a half when Al was offered the promotion again, this time accepting it, that the two were forced to speak outside of a professional level again. By now, the strain of command was starting to show on him, turning him into a stern and short-tempered commander. Morale in his unit was plummeting when Al pulled him aside and called him out on his behavior, much to his chagrin. It wasn't until both were confined to the infirmary for injuries that he let himself listen to her, and underneath the crude insults, he realized not only was she speaking the truth, she had also turned into a talented, capable soldier in her own right.

So when he was offered the position of Commander when he was nearly thirty, it was Al he turned to to be his Taldor. She was reluctant to take the position, but he told her he didn't trust himself to have a subordinate who would only bow his head and follow orders - he needed someone to keep him in line.

Last edited by Red on 11th December 2012, 7:36 pm; edited 10 times in total
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th August 2012, 11:03 pm

Name: Alwilda Caldwell

Class:Ayudar

Personality: Reckless, brash, blunt

Appearance: Raven hair, gray eyes, 5'10, lithe, tone
https://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=june+avatar+the+last+airbender#/d2xbef3

Family/Bloodline: Daughter of decorated war hero Bartram Grenwald Caldwell and highly acclaimed surgeon Ariadne Levine Sorella Caldwell

Bond Strength: Zerrati

Soul Level:850

Combat Skills: Highly proficient with whips and knives, and decent with a staff and hand to hand combat. Highly agile and dextrous, and surprisingly strong.

Additional Skills: Knows medicine and advanced first-aid, survival skills with excellent tracking ability,

Magi Abilities:
Spoiler:

Character History: Her mother was a renowned doctor, who was determined to push Alwida in that direction, raising her to be a right and proper young lady. Alwida had a different plan, and when she was not in the trees, she was taking it to the dirt, rough and tumbling with the boys. Oh, she learned her mother's arts--all the better to break a face of some asshole who thought "she's just a girl"--but she preferred to be out in the trenches with the soldiers. Unfortunately, to her at least, she proved to be a very good healer which tended to overshadow her excellent fighting ability. When not on duty, you can find her in any number of local bars, arm-wrestling and brawling with the best of them.

Last edited by EphPhoenix on 7th November 2012, 5:04 pm; edited 7 times in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th August 2012, 11:07 pm

I claim a slot here too

Female and my victim eh partner is my lovely twin Leah.

Prefer to be Ayudar
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th August 2012, 11:13 pm

I claim a male spot pairing with Jack, who is gonna be a female
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 8th August 2012, 11:18 pm

Slakiv wrote:I claim a male spot pairing with Jack, who is gonna be a female

Jack needs to post this as well.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 8th August 2012, 11:23 pm

I claim a Male character ! Annnd will be with methos. *almost didn't roll a d20 to decide the gender*

Last edited by HikariKuragari on 9th August 2012, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 8th August 2012, 11:34 pm

Ok I call dibbs. AS for

A) Gender: Not picky, can play either. Wanting to wait and see the base layout

and!

B) I call dibbs on HK! And no it's not cause everyone else claimed other peeps. So there HK!
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 8th August 2012, 11:35 pm

I claim a male spot my partner is my girl ajwitt195 (a.k.a. Ashie :D).
Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 8th August 2012, 11:37 pm

Phirron wrote:I claim a male spot my partner is my girl ajwitt195 (a.k.a. Ashie :D).

This group is full if you wish to partner with ajwitt. I recommend that you both registering in the other group.

At this point, we have one slot remaining:

Group One:
EphPhoenix
Red

xenolion
Leah7

HikariKurgari
MethosArchaic

Slakiv
TBA
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th August 2012, 12:15 am

I claim my spot as a female, with slak as my partner
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 9th August 2012, 12:16 am

Very well--this group is now closed for registration until further notice. Further skill updates will be given via PM.

When you have received your magi class and spell abilities/stats, you may create your character and edit your current post to include your character.

(Note that skills and other base stats won't be set until a partner has been chosen or assigned.)

Thank you for applying!
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Sword & Shield Empty xx

Post by Guest 9th August 2012, 9:32 am

Name: Victoire Z'Tan

Personality: How shall I put this...? Bitchy. She's one bipolar chick and she isn't afraid to lash out at any of the people she loves. Her wit is not only sharp, but focused, and were it not for her bloodline, she'd be a perfect Ayudar in public. Perfect at masking her discontent for people, Victoire can be deadly even out of battle. In combat, however, she is as calm as a summer breeze, able to reel in her anger and think tactically instead of emotionally.

Something has to be said about her... information-seeking tendencies. Victoire does NOT like being kept out of the loop and will go to sometimes extreme ends to know what she wants to know.

Appearance: JUST as fiery as her personality, her hair can be described as a deep crimson or a seething scarlet. Sharp eyes and a stony face complete this line of thinking, giving her a dangerous feel sitting at a dinner table, let alone in full battle gear bearing down on an enemy. Her gear is unmistakably crimson along with her hair. Her pride and joy, this weapon of mass destruction is often swung and brought down with all the fury of a dangerous Earth Kurian.

Sword & Shield B5ae110a06331f09b274b26f48ef73066c04789e
Sword & Shield 39f093e8e538bc51f259a7fb3dbdb8902bc3ea4f

Family/Bloodline: She's not known for being a family kind of woman. Quickly infuriating her father and mother was key to staying sane in that household. After all, the two dropped out of school early to pursue a quiet country life, while Victoire would not go nearly as quietly. Her bloodline, however, is far more interesting, reaching back to one of the heroes defeating the Warrior Kings. This tale was never told to her, but it's part of her history.

Bond Strength: Zerr

Soul Level: 268

Combat Skills:
Poleaxe proficiency (Close to mastery)
Tactician
Excellent strength, Great Dexterity and Agility, Okay magical ability, Subpar defense and endurance.

Additional Skills:
Cooking

Magi Abilities:
Absorb Attack -- You may catch, block, or deflect a physical attack as if you were as equally strong as a Kurian. Blocks one strike, but this increases as you level.
Jump -- You can jump up to thirty feet away from where you are standing. Larger horizontal range while running. Distance improves while leveling. You aren't hurt when you land, if you land correctly.
Ice Spin -- You create a spinning, ice orb that circles your body in a two foot radius until launched at a foe or used to block an attack. It's attack can miss. Number of orbs increase as you level. Orbs explode when attacked.
Gust of Wind -- You generate a current of wind up to sixty feet away that is strong enough to blow away smoke and mess with the path of arrows. The strength of the wind and the range increase as you level.
Glide -- You can glide.
Resist Electric -- You can resist an electric attack, taking less or no damage, depending on the strength behind that attack. Resistance increases as you level.
Light Ray -- You can shoot a condensed beam of light for up to two hundred feet in a straight line that is approximately two inches in diameter. It can ignite burnable objects. This beam is instant and deals moderate damage. If toned down, can be used as a flashlight. ;D

Character History: Victoire was the runt of her family. However, she was definitely the feistiest of their little group of five, including her parents. While the others were still practicing their strokes, she was putting together combinations of strikes and swings as if she were a seasoned pro... mostly to chop wood for the fire, but it was something. Feared by her peers more for her fistfighting, however, by the time she got into school, it was no doubt what kind of a magi she would be.

Her time at the school was far more difficult, however. Victoire's hot-headed style clashed with the other many hotheads at her school, which forced her to re-evaluate her entire style over the course of her school life. Of course, she would still have bouts of anger, but now there was also a calculated measure to enforce with her. The teachers of her school praised her newfound patience while keeping her fire, and graduated her in the highest honours.

Last edited by Artorius on 25th August 2012, 12:56 pm; edited 10 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 9th August 2012, 7:34 pm

As Artorius is the only other one interested, I'm placing him in this group and I'll pair with him, as well, I suppose, unless Xoia is willing to transfer groups.

Thanks for applying, everyone.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th August 2012, 11:00 pm

Name: Micia Altiere (me see a, all tee air)

Class: Ayudar preferrably

Personality: Micia is a very outgoing, cheerful woman. She flirts with everyone male or female and has a reputation for being the life of the party.

Appearance: Micia stands about 5’8 and is very lean. Her red curly hair flows to the middle of her back and her grass green eyes are friendly.

Spoiler:

Family/Bloodline: Micia is the oldest of her brothers and sisters. She waited until the family was settled before allowing herself to be presented to the Giver. They waited with baited breath to see if she would be a magi or not.

Soul Level: 700

Combat Skills: Very limited, She has excellent evading and is flexible.

Additional Skills: Micia can read people and is very charismatic. She also has a beautiful singing voice.

Magi Abilities:*Given to me by Leah* Metal Melt, Restore Iron/Steel, Dark Enchantment, Durability, Heroism, Blade Barrier, Hurl Weapon.

Character History: Micia comes from a close knit family. They were known as the friendly people of the neighborhood. Not exactly rich monetarily, but they were accepted by all. She is the eldest of 3 sibling the youngest being 10. Her father is a blacksmith by trade and who do you think was at his side for all those years, but Micia. She learned the way of the smithy from her father. When her magic skills started to develop, and after the family earned enough money, she was taken to the giver. It was bittersweet for her father who not only will miss his protege, but her skills as well. She made his job a LOT easier.

Last edited by spectral on 1st October 2012, 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 10th August 2012, 2:36 pm

Name: Maive Rathlea

Personality: Maive can be sullen or silent at her best. Due to her lack of charm and endearment, she generally relies on her bondmate to do the diplomatic issues for her. She has been described as moody, isolated, and somewhat mysterious, so Micia is usually the one to make up for her lack of presence towards others.

Appearance: 5'6; Red hair with green eyes--often mistaken by strangers to be related to her bond-mate, Micia.
Spoiler:

Family/Bloodline:The Rathlea bloodline has been dominant throughout the war, found in the names of countless generals, commanders, and other such high authority figures. Although Maive has no such dreams of these positions, nor of leadership, she was pressured to follow suit as the rest of her family and become a magi. After the Rite of Providence, Maive became a disappointment to her Ayudar family line as she became the first Rathlea to become an Arruinar, instead. Now, she is rather disclaimed and considered a dishonour to her family.

Soul Level: 371

Combat Skills: Proficient with Shortsword and Greatsword, Low Evasion, and High Strength

Additional Skills: Leadership, Minor First Aid, Intimidation

Magi Abilities:
Cacophonic Burst
Stop Bleeding
Vorpal Strike
Dark Vision
Hasten Recovery

Character History: Maive has been shunned by her family the moment she became an Arruinar. Though she has made no outward reaction to this, she is quite livid within. She has abandoned her family post, though she does continue to fulfill her responsibilities in the war effort, and generally sticks around Micia. Originally, Maive would avoid people in general, becoming a dark recluse to the world, but Micia simply would not allow this. She has become rather accustomed to being drug out to some party or another, though many have asked her bondmate why she bothers to be around Rathlea. When this occurs, she generally prefers to react with intimidation, using one of her two swords for added affect. Indeed, Rathlea is not the "life of the party."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2012, 10:27 am

Name: Kalika Ayade

Class: Ayudar

Personality: Kalika is very open and spontanious and loves to help people in there time of need, be it a hug or a deep conversation or giving advice. Shes playful but she can be very serious at the right times, making her quite mature.

Appearance: 5 foot 5 Sword & Shield Erdahaes_by_enferdehell-d4s33tn

Family/Bloodline: The Ayade bloodline is mostly settled, not to implicated in the war in fact most of them arent even magi users, they prefer to be normal citizens, although there were a few of them that were quite remown diplomats, it appeared to be a skill running through the family and Kalika got that proficiency as well.

Bond Strength: Zerra

Soul Level: 777

Combat Skills: Kalika uses a double headed spear as well as a shuriken, thus she is versatile and flexible in combat, although he strength and resistance to damage is very limited she has high evasion and high agility, decent speed and uses her spear to keep her opponents at bay, not letting them get to close.

Additional Skills: Motivation, Diplomatic capacities, can read how any one is feeling just by looking into their eyes.

Magi Abilities:

Antilife Shell (2) -- You may place mobile, hemispherical barrier around yourself that prevents the Kurian from crossing through in any situation for up to ten minutes. Duration increases as you level.

Crushing Despair - You make a target fall into utter despair to almost suicidal tendencies, hindering them in combat and rendering them weakened in battle for about twenty seconds. Number of targets increase as you level.

Death Watch -- Allows you to determine if anyone is near death or dead within your sight range for up to thirty minutes. Range increases as you level.

Displacement -- You make yourself appear to be near where you actually are within a five foot radius until it is struck. When that illusion is struck, it disappears and your foe knows your real location. Duration: 20 minutes; this will increase as you level.

Hideous Laughter -- The target of your choice doubles over in side-splitting laughter, rendering them helpless. They are unable to fight and cannot halt the laughter for a full minute. Duration increases as you level. This does not affect Kurians.

Inflict Pain -- You inflict illusionary pain on a target for as long as you are concentrated on them. Severity of pain increases as you level.

[b]Character History: Kalika was the second oldest child in a family of 4 children, she has two other sisters and one brother. They were pretty poor considering the amount of mouthes there were to feed so they never had it easy but they all knew that their parents loved them and would give them food before taking skme for themselves. So they were a happy family that were all normal, none of them dreamed of adventure nor being a magi and part of the army, except for Kalika, she would fantasise nearly every day, she even started staff training with some mentor they had happen to come a cross. She staff training led later on to her signature weapon, the twin headed spear, she also learned how to use a shuriken along the way. Her sisters and brothers would always go to her for advice, hell, even her parents would, she is a very intelligent girl that loves to help people, and she did, a lot. One day, when her Older sister decided to leave, Kalika saw it as a great opportunity to leave her home and finally go out on her long wished adventure. She gave the excuse to her parents that she wanted them to have more money and she was going to be okay since she was with her older sister, so they agreed. But it didint take very long until Kalika went on her own path and her sister let her, if anything Kalika was even better off alone than she was. So she went to a giver and started her training as an Ayudar Magi!

Weapons appearence: Shuriken: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57887/finalfantasy/images/c/cb/Yuffie_AC.jpg

Twin headed spear: http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/104/a20c478e40524e14a2dbe203584f0f99/l.jpg this but with two heads.

Last edited by Jack-o-Panda on 12th August 2012, 9:28 am; edited 6 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 11th August 2012, 10:59 am

Jack, age is too young. Must be 22 or higher for a Zerra bond level.

True Chakram do not stick into their targets. They generally cut and then fall to the ground. They do not bounce very well, either. You could put spikes on a chakram in order to deal piercing damge, but they still would not stick. It also makes them more difficult to throw when holding them. When CHakram are thrown, they do not come back to you. They are not designed for this and therefore are only no different from a frisbee when thrown, but heavier and with far less range.

The lighter brass chakrams can be thrown up to like three hundred feet if properly constructed and thrown with the appropriate technique. The heavier steel chakrams can only be thrown forty to sixty meters with appropriate technique. Those are circular ones without spikes. Spiked chakrams fly much less.

Also, chakrams have different sizes. Smaller ones can be thrown farther, but larger ones are generally only better for melee. Sizes really affect how they are used. THey also make something called "fire and wind wheels," which resemble chakrams, but have spikes and are used solely for melee combat and have a handle for that. Other chakrams rarely have a handle to be used for melee, because the blade is generally in your hand when used for throwing. In group combat, they are thrown up, not sideways, which is the only way to easily avoid harming allies.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th August 2012, 7:30 pm

Name: Zeran Thormod

Personality: Zeran is a very devoted man, always there to help the impoverished. He’s also not afraid of saying what he has to say

Appearance: Here is Zeran without any armor
Sword & Shield Sirius_by_azmin

without the weapons, this image is for the armor only Sword & Shield Knight

This is his weapon, a two-handed sword
Sword & Shield 349fa54588219a59064d175cb474f4e5-d16i7qo
Family/Bloodline: Zeran is the only child of the Thormod’s family, a very prosperous merchant family. One of Zeran far ancestor was a magi. Zeran’s parents wanted to honor this glorious ancestor who was the only magi in the family by letting their son become a magi

Bond Strength:Zerra

Soul Level:300

Combat Skills: Strength, two-handed sword fighting, fist fighting

Additional Skills:Tactical mind, leadership, eagle eyes.

Magi Abilities: Divine Favor -- Calling on the power of your Deity, you increase the accuracy of your attacks.
Holy Smite -- For one strike you deal double your usual damage using the name of your Deity during your attack. The damage increases as you level.
Prayer -- You bolster the morale of your allies in the name of your Deity, so long as they are in hearing range. This works for up to ten targets.
Spiritual Weapon -- You summon a ghostly copy of your weapon that attacks on its own when you've designated a target for it. Damage done by weapon increases as you level.
Flame Strike -- You call down a column of divine fire in the name of your Deity that damages the target and anyone within fifteen feet with heavy damage. Part of this damage cannot be negated by fire resistances. Comes from the sky and hits the ground, but does not burn the Earth. Width of column increases as you level.
Commune (2) -- You may ask your Deity a yes or no question. You may or may not receive an answer.

Character History: Zeran is the only child in his family , thus he had all of his parents attention and love. He became a righteous and disciplined man. He also took some fist fighting and some sword classes to become a fearless warrior. The last training that he received was advanced tactics, how to control soldiers on the battlefield. He’s also very religions, believing in the God of Justice, Oranos

Last edited by Slakiv on 27th August 2012, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sword & Shield Empty Sword&Shield Character - Valen Logrin

Post by MethosArchaic 12th August 2012, 9:11 am

Name: Valen Logrin (Val en Low grin)

Post Color: FF6600

Class: Ayudar - Beast Master/Storm Lord

Personality: Valen views himself as something of a champion of the downtrodden and oppressed. He despises those that pick on others, and typically tries to confront such people. Despite his view of himself, he is actually quite cowardly, and often gets into more than he can chew, which seems odd given his large build and strength. He is apprehensive around new people and things, and much rather would remain quite and safe then get involved and take a risk. He can typically pull through but often will brood or worry for days later.

Appearance: Logrin stands at 5ft 10 Inches, has a stocky build, and keeps himself clean shaven, even his head. He often will be seen sporting his armor even off duty or during breaks, but when not wearing armor he will wear heavy pants and plain long-sleeved shirts. He has dark brown eyes and dark hair when it comes in. He also has a new cloak due to losing the first in a battle. Included in images.

Spoiler:

Family/Bloodline: Non-magic heritage, the only exception is his cousin Asahina whom has become a Giver.

Soul Level: 850 (I rolled for this ^_^ )

Combat Skills: Single sword styles: Offensive - Moderate, Defensive - Strong. Weapon of choice: Long swords (3-4ft), can use Larger Blades but strongly dislikes them. Strong and Hardy with fair Dexterity. Poor in Evasion and Agility. His sight and hearing are normal and untrained. Also proficient in fighting from horseback. Fair with Spears while mounted

Additional Skills: Moderate Veterinary & Weather knowledge. No survival or stealth skills, he's a city kid. He maintains a fairly good working knowledge of making alcohol and what grain is used for it. If he's got the time where ever he is stationed, odds are he'll find a way to make a batch.

Magi Abilities:
Spoiler:

Backstory:
Spoiler:

Updated Weapons:

Longsword from appearance picture, was lost in an Earth Kurian battle.

Falchion: It's Blade measures to 30 inches from the cross-guard to point. Has a two handed grip.
Spoiler:

Scimitar: From pommel to Tip it measure 44.5 inches. Employed off horseback.
Spoiler:

Lances/Spears: The first is more for slashing and the second is for throwing or lancing and letting it go after impaling the target. Valen has the first and two of the second, all three of them are currently in Kresimir's possession and within his "Equip" spell. This proves better for transporting them as Valen doesn't typically get to do much combat from atop horses.
Spoiler:

Last edited by MethosArchaic on 30th January 2013, 8:19 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Magic abilities with Phrases, Hand Gestures, Ques etc. Also Fixed spelling errors... again)
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 12th August 2012, 5:22 pm

Name: Kresimir Jehan Wymond

Class: Arruinar (Partner with Valen Logrin)

Personality: Is the kind to think that everyone should be equal reguardless of their status. He may have been born from a noble mage family, but he was rarely there. Kresimir prefer adventures and fights over some classy events.He's often described as arrogant, but also sweet.

Appearance: Is often seen in clothes like the ones this character here have(the gold coat and all) ;
Spoiler:

But his face/hairs/eyes and his armor as well as the great sword looks like this(Please Enlarge) :
Spoiler:

Family/Bloodline: Comes from a Noble mages family that is well known.

Soul Level: 365 (Rolled d4 + d6 +d6 XD)

Combat Skills: Have a great sword and a katana in his pocession and is very good with both of those. He use the great sword when he need to strike with more power and use his katana when he needs to strike faster. He's normally quite agile and strong, however his agility suffer when wielding the great sword. Kresimir is capable of fighting without his weapons as well, but he's not as good at it and would normally try to find a wiser way to his weapons or some temporary replacement.

Additional Skills: Studied in great academies and have some knowledge of abilities, or at least those that he can remember the details. He often mix or forget some details in those. Kresimir also know first aid, is pretty good in acrobatics when not too heavily armed. He's charming toward the lady without doing a thing. Know how to swim, yet isn't the best swimmer out there, as weird as it may seem.

Oh and he's not stealthy at ALL !!

Magi Abilities: Here's the magic ;
Spoiler:

Character History: At early age, Kresimir lived with his parents into a house that only nobles would be able to afford. Although he never really felt like a noble and kept going away from home whenever he could. He wasn’t the most stealthy person there was and it was either he got caught before getting out or his parents would send some of their personal guards after him. Kresimir always had been known to search for trouble and would often get into fight with some idiots who couldn’t even fight people of their levels. There was one encounter however that could have been quite dangerous. He met with someone named Valen who was in quite a fix after defending someone. Without hesitation he jumped in and fought all he had against the bad guys even though they were much bigger than him. They still had won however, but took quite a beating. Valen seemed also a bit surprised to see how Kresimir was a noble yet not quite like one. After this day, they didn’t exactly see each other much, but whenever they could, they would.

When he was finally 15 years old, Kresimir tried to speak to his parents about getting more freedom and acting the way he felt like. His parents took it quite on the wrong side and both parts were arguing fiercely. Which resulted into Kresimir taking a decision ; leaving his home. He had his own fund on the side and decided to use that to get himself a place he could really call home and settle his things there. Knowing that he have to attend to a mage school soon however, he wondered if he would be this much home. After all the academy he needed to attend to was pretty far.

At the age of 16 he entered the academy for Arruinar and was seen as very talented and learned fast too. Early on he used a Katana as a weapon since it was more light and easy to work with. Although when he was like 19 years old, another Arruinar said he wouldn’t even be able to pick up the great sword who once was wielded by a skilled and old Arruinar. Exited, Kresimir smirked and took on the challenge, picking it up. Yes it was heavy, but not as bad he would have thought, training given he knew he would be able to wield it. One of the teacher saw this and jaw-dropped just like the others. At first he wanted to scold him for picking it up without permission, but instead told him that if he could use it, he could keep it. The teacher thought that the whole mage would be pleased to let such a skilled student use it if he was still there. Kresimir did succeed to wield the blade quite well and so it had even become his main weapon.

Soon enough the first time where they would work with a partner came. Both classes from both sides moved to another location for their meeting and training. He was assigned with a lady, but before the training actually started he noticed an old friend. Approaching Valen he wished him the best of luck and hoped he would graduate and succeed. The Lady Kresimir was with was named Reesha. Their training had proven quite successful and he was the kind to want to protect and respect the ladies, so maybe it gave extra motivations ? His friend however failed the bond test and had to go back to his academy for some time. Kresimir felt bad for him, yet he went to him before he left telling him to not give up. In the year of his 21 he graduated with his partner Reesha and they would soon be able to join the war and would have fought great battles together. However one day, they tried to retreat from a battle and barely made it with a heavy price ; his partner died. He was precisely 22 and 6months years old.

(Here’s the detailed scene, co-up with leah =)) :

Spoiler:

After the talk with the giver who saved him, he took some more rest and was then sent back to the union to recover emotionally, however after a week or two he decided to go back to his town for a while. Being back into the home he bought before sure was a good feeling. He needed some time alone… or at least would try. Seemed like he had some fan girls. A few months passed and he finally decided to go back to the union. This is where he met with many students that were almost to their graduation and were all exited to speak with a war veteran. Kresimir looked a bit nervous, but tried to speak about battles previous to the fatal one. He didn’t however speak of it seriously as he didn’t want to get in the details and think too much of Reesha. It was so easy to have this last image he had of her.

There was one person that met with him however and started to try to know more serious and detailed info. Finding back his old friend Valen, Kresimir was surprised to learn that he was still here, no bond and no graduation. He didn’t speak much of the details of some battles, because it was too painful. He did however helped Valen out giving some tips and such. A giver came to Kresimir asking if he wished to try to bond with the other man. Yet horrible images filled his head and he backed away shaking his head. Giving it some thought over time though, he came to a change of mind. He was a bit passed 23 and it was then that a new bond was created. From that day he trained a lot with the guy till he was finally judged able to graduate and did. Kresimir was now 24 years old and from there they pursued some bond training and ended up going back to fighting in war. It was something Kresimir feared a bit, but he tossed it to the side thinking it would be better if he fought without thinking too much about what could happen. Old teammates were telling him ‘’Welcome back.’’ They were all happy to see he was back with a new bond and well. His heart still had some trouble to accept a her loss, but he tried to remember the best of her.

In the present he is now 26 and so far they both survived and their bond improved greatly and so did Valen.

HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Baal Xoia 12th August 2012, 8:52 pm

Name: Stephan Alexandre

Personality: Bitter and Jaded beyond his years, with a very cynical outlook on life, and has a very hard time trusting anyone, or letting anyone get close to him

Appearance: Straight, sandy blond hair, bright expressive blue eyes, slightly soft features. Perpetually wearing a scowl, and always looking around, not willing to be caught unaware again.

Family/Bloodline: The oldest of six brothers and sisters, Both parents were Naturals, and his father was a soldier in the army.

Soul Level: 700

Combat Skills: An all around fighter, fairly skilled unarmed, but prefers to fight with a hand and a half sword and a shield. Evasive and durable, with a talent for using the shield as a weapon and a guard, though a very cautious fighter, who is leery of making the first move.

Additional Skills: Can sew, either a torn shirt or flesh fairly well, and was good at maintaining his equipment.

Character history : The oldest of six children, his mother was usually working to support them all, and he spent much of his time caring for them and looking after them. Growing up in one of the seedier parts of town, this meant fighting off thugs, or talking bullies away. Seen as a wonderkid, he applied to be a mage at 15, thinking it the best way to take care of his family, and was accepted and put immediately into training for the army. After a few years, he soared through the training and was bonded very early. Just a month later, after the two had become fast friends, they were both selected to go on a routine scouting mission, as early experience. The partol was ambushed, and his partner was killed, though their bond was not yet far enough along to cause him to die from it, he was still emotionally twisted, blaming himself for all of their deaths, he doesn't let anyone close and cut all ties he had, only still sending money to his family each month.

Magi Abilities: Shrink Self-- You can make yourself the size of a five-year-old child. This does not change your appearance other than your general size. Any gear is shrunk, as well. If you drop an object, it returns to its original size. Duration: One Hour Time will increase as you level.
Merchant's Eye -- You may instantly appraise an objects' value, as well as gain knowledge of any non-magical item, such as its characteristics, manufacture, what condition it is in, etc. You must observe the object for a few seconds before all knowledge is gained. Several minutes, if observing from afar.
Remove Disease/Poison -- Removes the disease or poison within a single target that is touched. You cannot contract this illness while curing them. The number of targets will increase as you level. Magical illnesses will be affected as you level.
Stoneskin -- You skin hardens to the equivalent of stone with a gritty texture for up to 10 minutes. Duration increases as you level. While in this state, you shrug off lesser blows.
Detect Metal/Minerals -- You may designate a specific metal or mineral to detect up to a distance of a mile around you in any direction, including down, but you must pick a direction. If you choose not to detect a specific mineral, it does not work. Lasts for as long as you're concentrated in your search. You know the general distance and depth of the desired material, as well as it's approximate volume, but not purity. Accuracy increases as you level.
Moderate Healing -- Healing moderate wounds on one target that is up to thirty feet away. Range and number of targets increase as you level.
Baal Xoia
Baal Xoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th November 2012, 6:55 pm

Name: Ristel Attheaeldre

Personality: Outside of the field she is one of the kindest people you could ever meet. She loves her friends and family, and would do anything to protect them. She has a very optimistic personality, and it is hard to get her down. However, she is one of those people who can get really scary when angry. On the field she becomes more serious, Her demeanor changing from carefree and optimistic to calculating and determined.

Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20warrior%20girl/Alexes789/Anime%2520Girls/Warrior.jpg

Family/Bloodline: Her family doesn’t have many magi, and so every magi born is celebrated and pampered. Her family has been known to be quiet, and mainly they keep to themselves.

Soul Level: 800

Combat Skills: Proficient with a Swallow Blade, which she can split in the middle of the hilt to form two separate short swords. Quick and agile, with average strength.

Additional Skills: Ambidextrous, good with animals, riding

Magi Abilities:
Stunning Blow -- You strike your opponent with magic as well as a physical attack, which temporarily stuns them for ten seconds. Duration increases as you level. Depending on hit location, secondary affects may vary.
Flame Wave -- After choosing a direction, you summon a fifteen foot wave of fire that is three feet high from the ground that fires from you in that direction for up to twenty feet in range. Wave expands as it moves farther from you. You can decrease the arch, but can encompass up to 45 degrees in width.
Increase Gravity -- You may increase the gravity of any area within twenty feet of you. The gravity may increase no more than three times the normal gravity level.
Summon Shelter -- Using naturally occurring materials found around you, you may create a shelter that is large enough to shelter up to ten people. This lasts for up to eight hours.
Regeneration (3) -- This spell cannot be turned off. Any wounds suffered will heal to your natural state. Lost limbs regrow, wounds heal, etc. but a head-shot or decapitation will kill you. (Maybe. ;D Don't think you've tested it.) This drains significant amounts of mana any time you are wounded; losing a limb will exhaust your entire mana pool. Simple wounds will heal instantly, regrowing limbs will probably take around six to eight hours and is painful. You will never worry about blood loss. New limbs regrown have no scars, tattoos, or other embellishments and are subject to sunburn easily. Recovering delicate parts or internal organs will vary in duration and pain, as well as chances of survival before the process is complete. This process is very visual and obvious to viewers, regardless of what stage you are in. Beware of poisons, diseases, and curses, as this could continuously siphon your mana from you as your body attempts to heal it constantly. You can die from this!

Character History: Ristel grew up in her household pampered, as she was the first since her great great grandmother to be born a magi. She was trained in combat arts from the time she could hold a blade. She got fed up with her life and ran away, joining the army when she was old enough. She still has bad relations with her family to this day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 26th November 2012, 7:01 pm

Awesome sauce!! Feel free to post when you're ready! :D
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 21st February 2013, 3:16 pm

I'll finish this sheet when I have time. The new chara will by Sammy23's partner.

Name: Adelaide D’Aramitz

Personality: More than a little bit eccentric, she has a penchant for sharp things and armor more than dresses. She is usually quiet and reserved, but talks aloud to herself a great deal. She does not like drawing attention to herself. She angers slowly and easily forgives the few people she trusts and cares about.

Appearance:
She also has a very noticeable brown birthmark on the right side of her neck where it meets her shoulder, about the size of her palm, not pictured. It can be seen while wearing her armor, between her helmet and her breastplate. Her hair is thin and just past her shoulders when outside her armor. She wears shirts with high collars outside combat.
Spoiler:

Family/Bloodline: The D'Aramitz family has been notable throughout the war for their nonmagical fighters, and magic is somewhat of a rarity in her family, though it isn't valued as highly as in some other families. Where her bloodline lacks in magic they try to make up for in combat arts, and the vast majority of her relatives have died bloodily. She has two living older brothers.

Soul Level: 220

Combat Skills: Proficient with a saber and round shield, somewhat proficient with a short axe. She collects weapons, so she also has a warhammer, several daggers, and a pike that she has been trying to learn how to use. Low speed and high defenses, making her a great ‘meatshield.’ Horrible at riding or with animals. She's a good brawler and grappler.

Additional Skills: Due to her upbringing in a soldiering family, she has few skills that aren't combat related. She's an avid, if slow, reader but a poor writer, and is an exceptional artist and cartographer.

Magi Abilities:
Spoiler:

Character History:
Ever since Adelaide was a little girl, she was acquainted with death. When she was born, her family consisted of her father, mother, and four siblings; by the time she was seven, she had lost her mother and one sister to the war, leaving her the sole girl in the family.

Her mother had been a medic and her sister a ranger, but it seemed Adelaide wasn't to follow their path. Days spent playing and wrestling with her older brothers made her a vicious brawler, and so her father took to training her to fight on the front lines. Her family was obsessed with the war and with valor, and to them, a bloodless death was a shameful one, even for the gentler sex.

Adelaide didn't have the same passion for blood as they did, and even with the training she got she lagged behind her brothers. They took to publicly demeaning her, taunting her not only for her failures but for her appearance - most notably the birth mark on her neck. They told her when she was young it was the perfect target for a man who wanted to stick a knife in her neck, and she grew ashamed of the mark, hiding it when she could.

She went to the Giver on a whim when she was seventeen, after her family had been reduced to two brothers and her father. Her family initially rejected her when she came back an Arruinar, finding her magic a shameful, lousy cheat, but her father eventually warmed up to the idea of having a battle mage in the family. She was sent off to training and has only recently completed basic, and is awaiting her first assignment.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top