Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sword & Shield

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sword & Shield  Empty Sword & Shield

Post by JerriLeah7 11th August 2012, 4:57 pm

xenolion & Leah7, HikariKurgari & MethosArchaic, Red & EphPhoenix, Artorious & Leah7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain -- Unit Maka'i
Micia Altiere
Maive Rathlea

Ensen -- Unit 271 (Maka'i) under Captains Rathlea & Altiere
Victoire Z'Tan
Shawn R. Beret

Valen Logrin
Kresimir Jehan Wymond

Captain -- Unit 391
Captain Adrian Luthar
Captain Alwilda Caldwell

Ensen -- Unit 391 under Captains Luthar & Caldwell
Kalika Ayade
Zeran Thormod

Ryan Oakshield
Adelaide D'Aramitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maive steps through the wall at the end of the unit's line, the gate closing automatically behind her. The Kurian roars with fury as it throws itself up against the wall with its weight, making the thick, stone wall almost seem to rattle, seemingly as revenge for its prey's escape. The gate clangs from the disturbance and she gestures to the top of the stairs that lead to the wall's upper ledge.

"Get up there and get on top of it!" She screams, "If you have anything ranged, I suggest you use it. Now!"

A few loose bricks tumble down on the Kurian is it rights itself. If it keeps this up, their wall won't last much longer. They need to finish the fortification work on the walls, or else there won't be any walls to fortify. Thankfully, the other two nearby Kurians are interested in other things, rather than their weakened wall.

"Logrin, I need lots of rain! Those fuckers are on a hill, make it beneficial!" Maive orders as she follows her unit up the wall, "Ayade, get up front, use your shell to protect the wall!"

Logrin snaps his fingers, calling for her attention, She looks his way impatiently, "Captain, you sure? It'll set the dirt work back behind by a few days, at least."

The two Kurians in the distance realize the weaken state of the wall, thanks to their close friend. She looks at their advance with hesitation. "Do it. We'll buy you the time you need...there are no allies out there, but they may have reinforcements by the time you're ready."

"Thormod, use your flame strike on this one!" She orders as the Kurian rears back to hit the wall again. "Everyone else, ranged weapons at the ready and fire at will!"

Last edited by Leah7 on 29th March 2013, 2:14 pm; edited 7 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Sword & Shield  Empty Re: Sword & Shield

Post by MethosArchaic 12th August 2012, 2:58 pm

[Attn: Unit 271 - Maka'i Unit and Enemy Kurian]

"God damn Kurian." Valen watched as two more Kurian managed to grab a hold of Zaethura and smash him into the ground. The destruction pulled at his soul energy, then went still as his guardian was broken into so many fragments. However it had given the unit a few precious minutes to regroup and retreat to the wall. Even now he watched as Kresimir pulled back behind him, his zwei-hander in a raised guard position as he pulled up the rear with the Captain.

Looking up, he passes under the portcullis some of the Axillary shouting down at them to "Get your asses moving!" Not that Valen had needed extra motivation honestly, he already was mounting the stairs two at a time. *CRASH!* the wall shook suddenly from the impact of one of the Kurian, Valen stumbled to his knees.

"Get up there and get on top of it!" Captain Rathlea screams, "If you have anything ranged, I suggest you use it. Now!"

"Up, Valen!" he admonishes himself as he gets back to his feet. The wall should have been able to handle an impact like that, but it was still unfinished and partly unstable. He could see the Kurian.

"Logrin, -" Valen snaps his head towards his Captain's Voice, "- I need lots of rain! Those fuckers are on a hill, make it beneficial!" He looks up at the sky and the sparse cloud cover. It was still spring and they had rain a few days ago, the ground had finally gotten dried out again. He registered an order issued to Ayade, still unsure if the Captain was being rash. He looked at the construction equipment and again at the fortification works.

The Kurian groans as it begins to stagger back to hit the wall again. Snapping his fingers and a quick call of "Captain!" he tries to grab Rathlea's attention. It worked, her face masked with irritation, ohh damn. Apprehensively he questions her command, "Captain, you sure? It'll set the dirt work back behind by a few days, at least." he wasn't exactly sure how long the storm would last afterward, and it was spring.

The Captain turns her head to the two other Kurian, that start to advance. ""Do it. We'll buy you the time you need...there are no allies out there, but they may have reinforcements by the time you're ready." That wasn't exactly what he was getting at, but she was right. He just hoped he wasn't going to have to deal with those looks again from the engineers.

Crouching down he closes his eyes for a second to better feel what he was about to do. "Thormod, use your flame strike on this one!" he heard as he shut it out and started to create pull over head in the sky.

Opening his eyes he catches his Bond-mate's eyes. "Kres, your running Soul solo!" he makes sure Kresimir understands pointing up as the clouds start darkening. "Calling the storm!" He can feel the energy splitting his face in his telltale signs of magic usage. Watching the sky he tried to watch the clouds darken and place a time to it. The Kurian below struck Ayade's barrier, the sound hollow and distinctly different then the wall.

All he could do was focus on pulling in the winds and clouds into the gathering storm. His whole body hadn't taken on the tingling unpleasant feeling just before he had a true storm. It did however still feel drawn and tight, like his muscles where straining to tighten up and condense like the clouds above. Already visualized in his mind was the storm, and soon the booming thunder in his head would echo from the sky above. -13 minutes remain-
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 12th August 2012, 3:42 pm

Micia lets Maive to issue the orders, she is better versed in combat situations such as this. Micia watches the wall carefully. She rushes forward, careful to keep Maive in sight. She touches the wall her hands spread out. She looks straight at it and says ‘durability’. She can feel the wall getting stronger. She allows her magic to work. Then she moves to the next weak spot and does the same. She knows she cannot do the whole wall, but she can help where they need it the most.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th August 2012, 4:05 pm

Victoire rushed up the battlements, not batting an eye as small bits of mortar and stone fell from the wall. Finally up there, she began to charge up one of her specialty ice orbs, which was more of an ice drop than an orb, with a more aerodynamic feel than a regular ball. "APOLOGIES, COMMANDER! I couldn't find my son-of-a-bitch lazy partner..." Charging a ray of light out of the top of her poleaxe, she attempted to locate the one weak spot of any Kurian...

The Earth Kurian slammed into the wall again, and a seemingly stout wall continued to fail against the might of this... alien. It also revealed the neck to her, and almost on will, she fired the light beam at the exposed, weak plating, and then followed it up with a mighty swing of her poleaxe, sending the ice orb straight into the neck, hopefully.

"God damn it..." Even though it was weak there, Victoire realized that she would need more than one of these "combos" to get the Kurian to fall. Oh, how she wanted to just jump down there and hack at it blindly, but she couldn't do that. Looking around, her partner was still nowhere to be seen. He had better get here soon...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th August 2012, 5:52 pm

The wall was about to fall. All the soldiers on the wall are trying to piush back the big Kurian pounding it. Maive yelled orders here and there to try to find a way to stop those beast. Victoire sent ice orb at one, Logan, following Maive’s order, started a storm and everyone else was firing all they had. The wall couldn’t fall. Maive yelled at him to cast pillar of flame on a Kurian. Zeran raised his sword in the air and said loudly

‘’Oh great Oranos, Mighty God of Justice, I call upon you to help me. May your Almighty Pillar of flame burn their souls!’’

He made an arc with his sword, pointing the Kurian he wanted to target. The skies over the Kurian opened and divine lights came down, intensifying with second up to a point were the light was fire. The flame dissapeared, leaving a roasted Kurian
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 12th August 2012, 8:12 pm

(ATTN : All in fort ?)

Running in retreat with his team, they were pursued by one kurian. Hopefully the doors opened for them to get in the fort. He was glad they did that, he wouldn't want the scene of his old partner to repeat itself. The moment they got inside, the gates closed back just in time as the alien was close on their trail.

''Ah ! I guess you're not so happy now are you ! '' Kresimir yelled out as the Kurian let out a scream itself. The wall shook greatly, of course it had to smash exactly where it was weak. The captain gave her orders about getting on the upper part of the wall. ''I swear that wall is annoying. '' Some of the workers glared at him.

''What ? It was suposed to be finished two weeks ago ! Tch..'' Kresimir started to get up the stairs behind the captain feeling some of the workers hatred. They needed solid wall, not ones made of foam. Finally up he could see the positions of the Kurians as well as the one smashing the wall. The captain mentionned using ranged attacks and asked his partner to use his thunder.

''Cap't I don't think I can do much till they get a little bit closer and the one on the wall... I won't have a good angle. '' His head turned to his partner who mentionned him being alone soul wise. ''Getting all the fun now are we ?...'' Kresimir replied with a grin. ''We need to stop the one that is smashing the wall though mmm..'' He thought looking in the fort for something anything.

''Ha-ah ! '' He exclaimed randomly running back down the stairs and stopping right in front of a normal soldier. ''May I borrow or more like take the weapon you're holding good sir ? I would like to give it as a present to my friend Kurian.''

''It would be my pleasure.'' The soldier replied giving his spear to Kresimir.

This one runned back up and placed his sword on the floor of the wall and took the spear calculating his blow. Then he trew it to the Kurian that was right down still smashing the wall, the gravity made the spear go faster and it succeeded to get into the armor. The Kurian screamed a bit and backed up the wall, but was about to charge back at it.

The captain gave him a glare. ''What ?! You told us to use range and my magic would be useless so I trew that ! Sorry if it made it more angry.'' Victoire trew her deal of attacks herself slowing it down from coming back to the wall again. Kresimir took back his sword and it's then that Thormod finally did his attack. ''Kurian BBQ stinks !'' He thought, keeping down the urge of covering his nose.

In the meanwhile all these actions occured, the other two were getting closer. Close enough for him to finally do something interesting. He charged magic on his own since his partner would probably be almost dry after what he finished casting what he was. Especially his skeleton thing always took a lot of him.

''Here goes ! Water jet !!! '' Kresimir placed his hand forward into the direction of the other two Kurian which seemed to be barely affected by it. ''Mmmm...'' his head once again turned toward Valen and he said ''Well they're soaking wet now, it should do the job.''

Kresimir would probably have enough to give another water jet shot on his own yet he wasn't sure if he wanted to. Who knows if reinforcement would come ?
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 12th August 2012, 8:59 pm

[Attn: Unit 271, Allied Forces, and Kurian]

''Getting all the fun now are we ?...'' Kresimir replied with a grin, Valen replied with a grin and chuckle of his own. 'We need to stop the one that is smashing the wall though mmm..'' He was about to respond when Kresimir suddenly shouted "Ha-ah ! '' and darted down the wall towards the Auxiliaries.

Valen had resumed looking up at the skies watching the clouds thicken and gather. He could feel the tension building inside him, not yet to the point of agony. The storm above still wasn't strong enough. "APOLOGIES, COMMANDER! I couldn't find my son-of-a-bitch lazy partner..." Victorie apologized to the Captain, Valen turned his attention to the unit again.

Already her IceSpin orb was forming, unusually small... Ohh yes her partner was missing that's right. The tension increased and slowly the glowing lines spread along his body, as more of his energy resonated with the storm above.

Meanwhile Thormod raised his sword up above his head, the blade glowing strangely orange and red as he gathered up his soul. It was then that he saw Kresimir on the wall balancing a spear. Glancing between his partner and Thormod he hoped Kres had timed this right. Kresimir threw the spear into the Kurian, and it stepped back from the attack as the spear penetrated. Just as Victorie's orb finished forming her right hand lit up and she shot the Kurian in the neck. Even following it up with her orb in a good combo wasn't enough to fell the Kurian. It had been a good bit of teamwork though.

What ever Kresimir had said was lost when Thormod's voice spoke out, clear and beseeching to his god. ‘’Oh great Oranos, Mighty God of Justice, I call upon you to help me. May your Almighty Pillar of flame burn their souls!’’ As Thormod lowered his sword, Valen felt a shift in his storm above him. It felt oddly like indigestion to be honest.

Then suddenly the clouds parted and down came the pillar of fire. Valen suddenly had much more to deal with that the heat from the pillar of godly fire. Instead he was hunched over on the ground holding his side, the pain horrible. His concentration teetered but stabilized from the unexpected disturbance to his magic. 'You god be damned Thormod, next time have him not try blowing a hole through my magic.' he cursed mentally, instead he shouted. "Thanks for the hot updraft Thormod! Just what I needed." that and a stiff drink.

He had regained himself by the time he felt his partner draw on his own power for a spell. Kresimir carefully avoided drawing from him, good he must have felt that disturbance earlier. Already the wind started to pick up, leaves rustling in response. "''Here goes ! Water jet !!! '' his hand launching it out at the two nearing Kurian. Kresimir frowned with a displeased groan, Valen chuckled at the rather funny sight. If you couldn't laugh at times like this, then when could you.

Kresimir turned his head and looked over his shoulder, "Well they're soaking wet now, it should do the job.'' he said with a slight shrug of the shoulder. The footsteps of the Auxiliaries running up the steps was a pleasant sound. Hell right now Valen was glad to see them. They crouched down and taking shots started to open fire on the two remaining Kurian. Someone had the decency to finish off the one moaning nearly dead against the wall. " Bout time." he heard his partner mutter, though in a most pleased tone.

Throwing back his hood he gave Kresimir a mental tap on the shoulder with the bond. Showing obvious delight he opens his arms and looks up at the sky. "Tell me Kresimir: Does a Torrent beat a storm?" The first peal of thunder flashes amongst the clouds, heralding the arrival of rain. The rain starts to fall in a rush, all thanks to Thormod and his Fire. Finally the echoing inside his head has been answered from the sky.

The light lines along Valen's body flash and roll in time with the storm above as they intensify. Soon it would be strong enough for him to use. - 5 Minutes remain - (Thanks for the assist Slakiv)
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 12th August 2012, 9:43 pm

(ATTN : Valen, All in fort ?)

Kresimir get surprised by the tap in his back and pouts to Valen's statement. ''Of course it doesn't. Well I think from this point all I can do is do a barrier if they try something funny. If you need a bit more mana you can take some of mine too, it's not like I can do much from this distance.'' Flash of thunder could be seen in the clouds and soon after rain started to drip violently.

''Greaat... now we're the ones who are soaked.'' Kresimir said looking a bit unhappy about this, using his sword as a support to relax considering he was bored. ''This is a not so fun fight...'' He thought to himself.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 12th August 2012, 10:07 pm

[ATTN: Unit 271]

Commander Luthar was in the middle of yet more paperwork – damn the paperwork, no one told him being Commander meant signing so many damn orders off – when he could faintly hear the sound of a warhorn, echoing over the fort.

He cast his pen aside and stood up. He was alone in his office right now – his bondmate was off somewhere on business, though more likely she was just trying to avoid him while he was in the middle of paperwork. Paperwork could go fuck itself. But a warhorn meant a call to arms, meant combat. Probably nothing he was going to get involved in.

Still, he set about getting his armor on, just in case. It was fifteen minutes later when there was a knock on his door, and he turned, kicking it open as he set about strapping on his armguards.

The messenger jumped back out of the way, narrowly avoiding the door as it burst open. “Uh – Commander.”

“Yes?”

“Ensen Unit 271 is under attack near the Taswa gate. They’re under heavy fire, requesting assistance. The wall is starting to give, sir. Enemy reinforcements have been spotted incoming.”

Luthar nodded as he struggled to strap his breastplate on himself. 271 was under Rathlea and Altiere, if he recalled correctly. “Send out Auxillary Engineering 36 to patch the breach, Ensen Unit 145 to assist. Get my back for me real quick, will you?”

The messenger didn’t say a word as he tightened one strap on the commander’s armor – it was a common enough occurrence by now, and it was well known that Luthar would rather take on a dozen Kurians than an hour of fucking paperwork. Luthar snatched a paper off his desk and scribbled his orders down, signed it, and passed it off to the messenger, who took off like an arrow to deliver them.

Luthar himself snatched up his longsword, slinging it across his back before snatching his halberd and racing towards the breach.

----------

Thunder boomed above him, and rain started to fall as he approached the breach. He stopped running to catch his breath as he gazed down the wall towards the unit. Three Basic Kurians against one Ensen unit and a badly caving wall. Well shit.

Number one – getting them away from that wall so the Engineering unit could do their work, when those lazy bastards showed up, that is. Luthar stopped, slamming his halberd down and whistling loud and long. A magical aura rose up around him, an ugly, bleeding red, drawing the attention of the three Kurians to him.

“Come to daddy, you ugly bastards!” he yelled confidently, as he tapped into his magic, and the three turned away from the crumbling wall, starting to move down towards him. “Captains,” he yelled, “half your unit to me, the other half guard that wall until the engineers arrive!”
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 12th August 2012, 10:31 pm

Maive rushes off, leaving Altiere to lead as she signals to the war horn only a short distance away. She hastily returns as Z'tan arrives apologetically without her partner. She watches as Kresimir darts by, taking a soldier's spear and running back, chucking it at the enemy from above.

Z'tan's magic shoots down at the now very pissed Kurian, though it was already pissed off before, as she glares at Kresimir for his recklessness. She's about to reply when Thormod's voice calls out a massive spell that makes it difficult to speak, much less be heard.

Kresimir then douses them in water...what is this?? The Auxillary units begin to show up, as well, as they begin to shoot at their enemies. She races up the wall yet again, pulling out her greatsword, also known as Gerda, and positions herself just above the thing on the edge of the wall. She nudges everyone out of the way, raising her sword back behind her and over her head.

"Cacophonic Burst" is whispered, but probably not heard as her eyes close for just a moment and her entire body lights up in a bright yellow. The sword swings down, the yellow light extending out farther than her blade and striking her enemy as its tip tilts to the ground. Though her physical blade does not reach a target, the light does as a loud, thundering boom can be hard and the Kurian howls out in pain as it dies.

One of the two Kurian behind it quickly grabs the creature's dead body and begins to haul it off as the third approaches with three newcomers...two more basic Kurian and a dreaded Water Kurian. Great.

She's about to give out more orders when she hears the Commander's voice--way out here??--threatening with a spell. It seems that it's effective, whatever it is exactly, as the creatures begin to lose focus on the wall as they look to the Commander, who is still in the safe zone and unreachable by the beasts.

“Captains,” he yelled, “half your unit to me, the other half guard that wall until the engineers arrive!”

"You heard him, people!" Rathlea calls out, "Logrin, T'zan--you and your partners are here. The rest of you follow me. Kresimir, make sure that Logrin aims for the Water Kurian. Call out just before strike and we'll clear out!"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 12th August 2012, 10:57 pm

[Attn: Allied Forces and Enemy Kurian]

The tingling sensation had already crept past his elbows and knees. It wasn't numbing as one would expect, but painful. His whole body danced with shimmering and magical lines of lightning like light. The energy hadn't gathered enough yet, but almost. -Three Minutes remain-

Even with the world so hard to focus on, he could still feel Kresimir's discomfort. "Here Partner." Valen says as he unlatches and extends his hand out giving Kresimir the cloak from his back.

Kresimir was staring at the kurians getting even more soaked and lost in his thoughts. He is surprised however when his partner drops his cloak on his back, the hood falling in his face. Being careful not to drop it while getting back to a full standing position, he ties the cloak and adjusts the hood. ''Thanks Valen. I kinda needed that.'' Kresimir quickly placed himself back in the same pose he was before receiving the cloak.

He suddenly heard a loud piercing whistle which drew his attention to a figure down the wall. “Come to daddy, you ugly bastards!” he yelled confidently, ohh God's was that the Commander? Valen couldn't really tell with the rain. That didn't stop the three Kurian from turning to look at the man and started to answer his challenge...

"What the Hell is a Water Kurian doing inland?!" Valen asked hoping to god he was hallucinating.

"You heard him, people!" Rathlea calls out, "Logrin, T'zan--you and your partners are here. The rest of you follow me. Kresimir, make sure that Logrin aims for the Water Kurian. Call out just before stirke and we'll clear out!"

Valen nodded, more and more lost in the storm. It was so difficult to separate himself at this stage. The lightning just begged to be set free as it grew ever stronger inside his cage. His head hurt, his body was burning inside with power... almost there. -Two minutes remain-
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Baal Xoia 13th August 2012, 3:31 am

Stephan put his hand on Victorie's shoulder, and nodded as she turned around, opening his mana to the shared mana pool.

"Sorry i was late getting here, i had something to take care of something."

He stood, surveying the battle going on, at the storm pelting the area, and the Kurian attacking the area. A group of mages was off fighting some Kurian, including a water Kurian.

"So i see things have happened since i left. So i assume we're supposed to be just standing here watching the others fight?" He said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Last edited by Baal Xoia on 13th August 2012, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baal Xoia
Baal Xoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th August 2012, 9:45 am

"SHIT, YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT SOME JUMPITY JUMP BASTARD IS HERE?" Victoire's attention was snatched away by the behemoth approaching... still slowly, but the water Kurian looked far more dangerous, what with two large claws instead of some creepy little leg-things. Suddenly, a hand reached out to her, and she spun around, poleaxe in hand. "FUCKING HELL, MAN. You couldn't have been here any sooner?" Her plated hand smacked her new partner upside the head, with her own head steaming in rage. The rain was pouring down hard, though Victoire kept her and her partner dry by pushing all the droplets of water away, so she wasn't really being affected.

Damn it... how did they know that this battlement was just being raised? There's no way they would have known that unless... She looked at Stephan and shook her head. "So, what kept you from getting here for so damn long?" Victoire glared at him with her sharp green eyes, one of her death glares.

Last edited by Artorius on 13th August 2012, 10:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th August 2012, 10:13 am

[ATTN: All in fort]

Kalika had followed orders blocking off the Kurian and protecting the wall with her shell, she just stayed in silence looking at the Kurian hitting her shell fiercely. Even though she knew that she was safe and that there was no way the Kurian could pass other than if she lost her focus, which did not happen to her, never, but it is still very unsettling to have one of those big aliens right in front of her, poundig towards her.

*I dunno if i'll ever be able to get over that* she thought to her self. A few minutes after, gladly, they finally killed the one who she was blocking off. Any later could have turned out differently, her magic shell didint have that much time left on it. She disables it and listens to the new order of her captain, and she follows her still in silence, but she looks back at her partner and as their eyes cross, she winks and puts her thumb up with a smile.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th August 2012, 6:39 pm

(ATTN : All in fort)

Kresimir almost jump when the commander get to the top of the wall and start yelling at the creatures who suddenly follow him toward more solid parts of the wall. That was one thing that would make him less worried. However the sight of a new one in the reinforcement was quite odd.

His partner thought exactly what Kresimir had in mind right now and he replied ''My thoughts exactly, what is this thing doing here ?! ''

The captain order them around and or course he had to stay on the spot, he just couldn't wait for some action. If only the cast of this attack was much faster ! Well he still replied to the captain ''Right Cap't !''

''Looks like I have to guide your sight oh great caster ! '' Kresimir told his partner and it was obvious that he was teasing him.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th August 2012, 7:14 pm

Her durability is not keeping up with the damage being done to the wall. She has to find another way to do damage. She goes to the nearest supply shed and finds some spears, pole axes. She grabs a pole ax. She races to the ladder and climbs up. “Did you guys think you will have all the fun?”

It was then Micia hears the war horn. Micia start to command everyone. “Listen up I need you guys to fire at the enemy. If there is any friendly fire you will have to answer to Rathlea.”

She pulls on Kresimir. “You need to let us know when your buddy there is charged up. I do not want to be crispy in the battle field. I will be sure to keep an eye on you for that signal.” She looks down and sees Maive getting further away. She goes to the ladder. “We are depending on you guys as our last line of defense. Please cover our asses, so we can have fun later.” Micia winks and goes down the ladder.

She rushes to the others before they get too far.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 13th August 2012, 7:39 pm

[Attn: Unit 271 and Allied Forces.... and those Bastard Kurian]

-Two Minutes remain-

The feeling was intensifying, it was getting difficult to stand. He swayed slightly, feeling weak but he held on. His vision was starting go haze but he wasn't there yet. The pain was there, he was having difficulty hearing and seeing, the pain hazing everything out slightly. 'I hate this, I hate this -' he muttered in his head, to try and focus on something else.

''Looks like I have to guide your sight oh great caster ! '' Kresimir teased at him, who was that with him? Was that Captain Altiere? Maybe... he wasn't sure, meanwhile his chanting in his head hadn't stopped. He missed what ever Kres and Altiere where talking about, he barely felt her leave.

"- I hate this, hate this, hate this..." he continued his hands grabbing his head trying to vainly hold in the pain that was almost at its peak. His body was shining, and dancing brightly with light, he only had to hold out for a little longer. His eyes sought the sky, watching it further as it started to thunder rapidly and the wind started to gust fitfully.

- 1 Minute 40 Seconds Remain -
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th August 2012, 7:48 pm

"Hey, motherfucker," Victoire glared at him before punching him in the arm, "We're here 'cause this wall's about to go down. Don't mess with me or I could suddenly leave you in the rain." Micia suddenly appears, so she pops up and stands at attention. "Captain Micia! At your service!" Receiving her orders and nodding every once in a while, she replied with a hearty "WILL DO, COMMANDER!" Pulling up Stephan, Victoire pointed at the Kurians charging towards the commander.

"Aim. And. Fire." Charging her light beam out of the top of her poleaxe, she began to hail a shower of rays fell on the Kurians, most of them missing. Combined with the distance, she didn't really do much to help the defeating of the Kurians, but orders were orders. Glaring at Kresimir as if he were Stephan, she told him to get a grip and focus as she continued to fire her light beams, with a large ice orb at command.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 13th August 2012, 8:12 pm

"Move your ass, shit for brains!"

She'd caught an Ensen who'd thought himself above doing his work. Far be it from her to let that shit fly. However, before she could appropriately rip him a new asshole, the warhorn went off. She felt the connection to her partner.

She'd kicked the guy in the ass as she saw him on his way, then made her way out to find out what was going on. She grabbed an Ensen.

"The commander," she said. "Where is he?"

"The wall, ma'am!" he answered. "We're under attack!"

She smiled. "Sweet."

She made her way to the wall.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 13th August 2012, 8:18 pm

(ATTN : Micia, Valen, All in fort)

(Collab with methos)

Kresimir looked over his partner a bit worried since he didn't answer. He always had a bit of trouble dealing with the end of the spell. Micia came to talk to him and to which he replied ''Don't worry you won't be crispy ! As for the signal, you can count on me and I do hope there'll be some left for me out there after. '' He said as a joke.

Thinking it was about time to get back to being a bit more serious and hearing seeing the glare from one of the crew... He got completly up and tried to speak to his partner poking him slightly with the bond, but without making him lose the spell either. ''Valen, focus ! And take some of my mana if you need it to feel more comfortable.''

The pain reaches a crecendo and then turns over towards euphoria. Straightening, feeling his adreniline rushing in his viens with the magic he starts grinning and laughing unable to control himself. "I can feel it Kres. I feel amazing, let them stop me now!" he laughs almost maniacally, stepping to his partner drunk on magic.

''Yeah right right. Just don't blow it yet and like couldn't you be a little less... freaky when doing that spell friend ? '' Kresimir replied to Valen with a small frown.

Alittle sanity returns for a moment, "Kres... I hate this." the corner of his mouth twitching back up into a grin. Even knowing he was going to crash and hurt didn't really matter at the moment. It all was quickly washed away again by the pleasure of so much Magic in his system. The world around him didn't matter. All he wanted was to let it out, to feel the sweet release of so much power.

''Yeah I know, just hold on... just some more.'' Kresimir said watching as the others went to the warzone and started to fight the kurians. ''I'll give them the signal when it's completely ready.''

Looking out over the battlefield he wraps an arm around his partners shoulder.... for balance. "Can't you feel it?" Valen squeezes his friend as the air becomes charged slightly with the storms power. "Warning? Pha! The air is alive Kres!" His whole body tingles with magic, and even those near him will feel their skin prickle as their hair begins to raise in call to the electricity in the air. "Do you think the Captain's have made it yet?"

(To continue after the others got down in the war zone to do a few moves)
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 13th August 2012, 9:27 pm

[ATTN: Unit 271]

Luthar stepped back as the situation started to come back under control. He kept his Taunt magic up, though, keeping the Kurians focused on the stronger section of the wall while the engineers started to approach the weakened section.

He frowned as their own reinforcements started to arrive at the wall, Auxiliaries and the Ensen unit he called for, but his focus, for now, was on the man and his bondmate still near the crumbling wall, the one practically bursting at the seams with magical power. Something was happening - was he the one who had called this storm? The day had been bright earlier, and the storm nearly reeked of magic.

Either way... he glanced down below, inside the fort. The engineering unit was arriving. He glanced back at the two men, and raised a hand, striding forward quickly and raising his voice over the howling wind.

"Engineering 36, stay back!" His words were nearly lost in the howling wind, and he walked faster, getting almost dangerously close to the pair on the wall. He watched them warily out of the corner of his eye. "UNIT 36, DO NOT APPROACH THE WALL! I REPEAT, ENGINEERING, STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THAT WALL!"

They seemed to hear him this time, and started to pull back, but too slowly. "DOUBLE TIME IT, IDIOTS!" he yelled, stepping back quickly, eyeing the pair quickly. The Kurians had moved with him, starting back towards the crumbling wall, and he cursed under his breath, turning and racing back towards the other unit, trying to keep the Kurians away from the wall while he magic was still active. The spell itself wasn't hard, but maintaining it without his partner was a strain. He could only hope they could get the wall prepared before he ran dry...

That, or his bloodthirsty partner would show up before his spell failed.

Last edited by Red on 13th August 2012, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th August 2012, 10:23 pm

Collab with Jack

Zeran was happy that everyone was doing their best to keep the Kurian away from the walls. Saddly enough it didn’t seemed to be enough… until the Commander himself drawn their attention away from the weakened wall. Good thing the wall is still standing. He sees Kalika smiling at him and making a thumb up. He smiled back at her. She’s really always in a happy mood. He then heard Maive’s order to go down of the wall. Alright, I’m right behind you. Zeran followed the captain. They took the ladder to get to the ground where the kurians were pounding the wall.

He looked at Kalika a second and they immediatly understood what they would do. They didn’t even talked together.

Kalika rans to the closest Kurian, concentrates for a moment, spreads her legs open wide to keep her balance, throws both her arms up, connecting her hands together palms facing the Kurian and wispers ’’ Inflict Pain’’. The monster immediatly started agonizing. Kalika continues to concentrate, not letting anything break her focus.

Zeran looked at that, unclipped his sword from his back, wispered’’ Perfect, good job Kalika’’ and charged. While he was running toward the beast, he yelled ‘’ Oranos, Give me Strenght, HOLY SMITE’’ His sword lighted up. When he was close enough, he swinged his godly lighted sword and slashed downward in the collarbone area, down to the chest. He then pushed himself backward to avoid any attack coming from the Kurian. He got back to where Kalika was standing

At the same time that Zeran was coming back, Kalika stops her spell and, after a 360 spin to gain some speed, trows her shuriken right on the weak spot of the Kurian, in his neck. After that, They both went back to the base of the wall

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 13th August 2012, 11:39 pm

The Kurians approach the man with the taunt, fury in their yes as they try their hardest to get at him. Unfortunately, this side of the wall is well fortified and doesn't budge. Captain Rathlea watches as she moves towards the Commander, wondering how to take the stress of using his magic without his bondmate from him. She's still calculating when she realizes that Ayade and Thormod are out there! Not on the wall, but out there in the war zone! Alone!

It isn't long before one of the Kurians roar in pain. This breaks the concentration off of the Comander as they all turn towards their new attackers, clearly irritated by the pests.

"What are you doing?!" Rathlea calls down, but her voice is not heard through the storm. IF they don't get out of there....

Thormod brings his weapon down on the one that is in pain yelling something that she cannot hear. Why did they go down there?! Just as he finishes with the blow, the Water Kurian leaps into the air, suddenly on top of Thormod as Ayade slices at their other target with her weapon, hitting it home in its neck.

As their original target falls dead, one of the Kurians quickly snag its body and drags it away as the Water Kurian's limbs wrap around Thormod with such a force that Rathlea knows no human can ever escape. No human ever has...

"Commander!" She calls out in fear, "What do you--"

Three more Kurians exit the forest's edge as they roar together, drowning out the sound of her voice, what little could be heard. The wind rushes fiercely enough to make her feel as though she'll fall off of the wall as she hears thunder in the distance.

The Kurians roar again, and the Water Kurian has bitten Thormod's neck as the last, free KUrian that is nearby is already swinging a limb at Ayade.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 14th August 2012, 8:51 am

She broke into a sprint when she felt him tap into his magic. That reckless idiot! She grinned as she realized she truly had no room to talk.

As she made it to the wall, she assessed the situation and quickly saw what was going on. The Commander was obviously keeping Kurians from the weakened wall--the slams against the wall he was on made that abundantly clear.

As soon as she came within sight of him, she felt their mana link and the strain she'd been feeling from him lessen. Never get used to that, she thought ruefully, I feel like I'm fucking breeding stock, only with mana.

She scaled that wall with ease. "Commander!" she called as she approached him. "What's the situation? Your orders?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th August 2012, 9:10 am

Victoire gasped. These two were going to ruin absolutely everything! "What the hell are you doing down there, get..." She tried to yell before the idiots enraged the remaining Kurian, where the worst possible situation occurred. Watching in horror as the Water Kurian grasped at Zeran and succeeded in putting him in a chokehold, beginning to chew him whole. Just then, three MORE Kurians spawned from the forest, and she had to leap into action somehow. Looking at Stephan, she attempted to find a possible way to get the Kurians dead while still keeping everyone safe... Valen looked so uncomfortable; she could feel the electricity coursing through the air. "Look, Valen..." A slight rose spread onto her cheeks. "Throw the lightning bolts on me if they don't call within... the next ninety seconds. I can take it."

A plan suddenly formed in her mind. Grabbing Stephan, she deadeyed him and asked him one simple question.

"How long do I have before those three Kurians get here?" Tying her hair into a bun, she glared at him, ready to pick him up and glide straight to the Water Kurian. "I have a plan to get Ayade and Thormod out of there alive, and still return to keep the wall safe, but I need to know, HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top