Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds Roleplay

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worlds Roleplay - Page 2 Empty Worlds Roleplay

Post by EphPhoenix 29th November 2013, 1:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The swirls of destiny and fate are like a ripple that reaches out into the ages, beyond worlds, beyond dimensions, beyond time. As they coalesce, decisions are made, lives are created and ended, balance ebbs and flows, and the price is paid...

The girl cried out over the gale that surrounded them, the light from the massive doors pulling her in. Her silver locks swept around her rapidly, her silver eyes reflecting the multi-hued light from inside the doors. Her dress fluttered and flapped about her as her left hand pulled against the door while her right reached out, stretched, looking for purchase to anything that might save her. Only the man before her could hear her as he tearfully reached for her, struggling against the forces throwing the door shut.

"Elise! Elise!" he thundered. "I'm coming! I'm here! Please! Hold on!!!"

He'd fought them all, he'd not let her be taken! He reached for her as she reached for him, their hands longing for purchase of the other. The gales and swirls of power, however, pushed them apart as the multicolored energies coalescing on the other side of the door relentlessly sucked her further in as the massive doors slowly closed.

He got closer and closer, but as his fingers brushed hers, a burst of energy knocked him back and she was sucked in, the doors slamming shut with a sound of finality eternal. The gales died down and the light faded, speckles of it dancing before his eyes. He slammed his fists against the doors, raging at it like a bull gone mad. He slammed again and again, blows so powerful it could be heard and felt for miles. His fists were bleeding, but the doors showed no signs of giving, or that he had done anything. He fell to his knees in sorrow as tears streamed his face, blood pooling around his battered hands.

"My love..." he said in a hoarse whisper.

He sat there in quiet for moments that seemed to drag onto eternity before his fists slammed the ground and a roar of feral hatred for all things filled the air for miles around him. "You shall not take her from me! Do you hear me?! You shall not take her! I will destroy everything! I will end all worlds until I have her back! Do you hear me! Do you hear me!!!
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Worlds Roleplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Worlds Roleplay

Post by xenolion 7th December 2013, 5:55 pm

{Attn: Mia, Open}

Ravenna was expecting to hear some sort of explosion, but instead she is flying.  She opens her eyes and sees lights small and differing in more colors that she has ever seen at one time.  She really does not get a chance to experience anything before seeing another person in front of her.  Oh no....She is...they are...going to crash.  “Look out.”  Ravenna yells before crashing into him.

It is hard to explain, but she does feel any pain as she crashes into him.  It seems there is something protecting her on this strange journey.  Before she could say anything to man, portals appear in front of them.  She is split from her partner and crashes into the water.  Ravenna holds onto her beret.  She skips on the surface of the water.  Thankfully is slows her down.  She tries to get her bearings.

Once again her path intersects with another person.  She tries to warn this person as well, but they end up in a tumbled heap.  Her beret tumbles off her head, but she somehow keeps a grip on it.  Ravenna was unable to attempt to apologize as she feels hands on her throat.  Her body is raised off the ground and she is thrown against the brick wall.  She can feel the rough texture of the brick on her back.  

Trying to catch her breath, Ravenna's voice shakes.  “Sorry...please...I...I...”  Oh how is she going to explain this.  “I was not in control of...my actions.”  Ravenna looks into the cold eyes of the woman she crashed into.  Unknowingly she gently probes the other woman's brain.  “Please, I am not going to hurt you, and I won't interfere with your trip.”  Her eyes scan the area.  It looks nothing like home.  Her hand clutches her beret.  “I just need to get home.”

xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th December 2013, 6:22 pm

[Attn: Arien]

"It doth gladden my heart that brave souls still exist in our land," the spirit of the tree said. "Whether or not those who turned from the light were right or not is moot. They are their own judges, now, in the end of days.

"If ye be of stout heart, then step ye forward," she spoke. "I shall send thee to the one who can grant thee what thy desire--what is the desire of all who dwell here. But we must tarry not, for my power withers as surely as life dies here, and I will not be able to send thee if we do not move in this moment."

Power welled up around the tree and underneath Arien a magical circle of light opened. "The one thy seek is Yuuko, the Dimension Witch. She alone bears the power to help you on thy quest. There shall be much hardship on thy journey, but take heart to not lose thy way. Go ye forth with stout heart and resolution. Goodbye...my child..."

The energy welled up around Arien and she began to fade from her world. The last thing she'd see of the Great Tree was it withering and dying as it used the last of its power in what was its last forlorn hope against the dying of the light.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 7th December 2013, 6:39 pm

[ATTN: Man]

Trick blinked as the man spoke, and as the men suddenly appeared behind him realization hit like a brick. A setup. God that's embarrassing. And he walked straight into it.

He raised his hands slowly and his eyes darted to Thorne as they spoke, but Thorne seemed disinterested. Perhaps he didn't recognize him - he'd rarely used the name Trick around him. It had been an old nickname, one he hadn't been fond of until he used it as a business name overseas. Here he'd always been Matthew Van Attan. Trick's eyes darted away, keeping a lid on his rising anger - the only one to be angry at is yourself anyway. God he was stupid.

It didn't really matter if Thorne didn't recognize him anyway. The game was done. He watched Thorne leave from the corner of his eye, trailed out by all his guards save the one he killed and left in the corner. Trick's eyes darted back to Thorne's supplier. Ten minions with him at least, all armed with what looked like those nasty energy weapons. So as much as he wanted to pull out his own weapon and shoot, wouldn't be a great idea. Depending on what he's looking for...

"That was the point," he replied. "I'm not exactly looking for business right now. Call me up later."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 7th December 2013, 7:22 pm

"Thank you, spirit." Arien said sincerely. "I will not let you, nor will I let the people of Arboga down." With her fist clenched in determination, she nodded her head, in understanding. "Remember that until your final breath," she told her.

The last thing she saw was The Tree of life's death. It had withered and blackened. "...just as I'll remember your sacrifice." she thought before bowing her head solemnly.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

https://www.instagram.com/aforestclown/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th December 2013, 9:08 pm

[Attn: Ravenna]

I focused on the girl and as she spoke, I grimaced slightly before releasing her and helping her to her feet. The kid looked like a pathetic, lost lamb.

"Be more careful," I told her neutrally. "C'mon, if you're lost, I'll take you to the cops. They should be able to help you." And get you out of my hair. Not my problem and I got work to do.

[Attn: Trick]

Trench Coat smiled. "A brave front in the face of adversity," the man said, giving him a wink. "I like that in my men. Oh, if only I could have you the fun I'd have breaking you..." His face took on an eerie dreamy cast incongruous with his rugged features.

He came back to the present. "As it stands, this is merely business," he went on, "and it's business I much think you have much to gain from where I'm standing. Besides, I hear chaos and assassinations are your schtick."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 7th December 2013, 9:20 pm

[ATTN: Man]

Brave front? No, he was just pissed. They'd ruined everything. Thorne knew he was here now, even if he didn't recognize him, so his chances at staying undercover were shot. They could shoot him here and he wouldn't care, just so long as he got the chance to tear this smug bastard's face in two.

He smirked, raising an eyebrow as the man spoke of breaking him, but he let it slide. "Yes, and as I've said, this business is closed," he said. "Look, I have only one name on my bucket list. Don't make me add yours."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th December 2013, 9:27 pm

"What? Thorne?" Trench coat said derisively. "For a man of such talent, you're sure shortsighted. You honestly think you have the means to get to the man, now, after the power I've given him? You couldn't even figure out how to get the gun open without it exploding." His laughter was mocking. "Oh, how you lone wolf types do amuse me so. If you weren't so potentially useful, I'd leave you to your fate and laugh as you die like a dog.

"But you cooperate with me..." he paused thoughtfully, "maybe I make all my weapons and technology disappear so that you might actually have a chance against him. As it stands," he added with a smug grin, "if you tried to use one of Thorne's weapons it would backfire on you. Badly. And your peashooters are worthless against the equipment I've given him. But...the choice is yours."

Trick raised an eyebrow and suddenly laughed. "You can't be serious," he said. "All this stuff for me?" he asked, waving a hand. "I didn't know I was that popular. Surely you had more reliable options."

"Where are you even from, anyway? I don't think the European Union has quite mastered teleportation."

His grin deepened. "You're stalling," he said. "Hoping for some way to come out on top, perhaps? I assure you I'm not taking one such as you lightly. I've left nothing to chance.

"So are you in or are you out?" he inquired. "Please stop wasting my time. A shame I can't make you my pet I'd cure you of that bothersome habit."

"You're the one wasting my damn time," he said coolly. "I don't think you understand how little you and your trained dogs scare me. Make your offer or shoot me already. Your posturing is pissing me off."

He wasn't going to kill him. Not after all this trouble. And if he did, well... Dead man walking anyway.

"I believe I've made my offer," he said. "You agree to kill some people for me, and not only will I make Thorne's equipment disappear, I'll reward you in any way you wish--weaponry, money, whatever." He gave a mock gasp to a supposedly sudden thought. "Or maybe I even make that cancer that's eating you alive go away? Don't really see the point when you're obviously so eager to die..."

"Whoa, whoa now," he said. "I'm quite fond of my little cancer, thank you." He paused, looking at him oddly a moment before he smiled. "You don't play the game this hard just to get me to 'kill a few people.' Either you drop the shit and tell me the whole story, now, or this conversation is over."

Those energy weapons of theirs were delicate indeed - a few shots from a gun could easily set one of them off.

Trench coat sighed. "Oh, I assure you that it is that simple," he said. "You're the tool, you get used for the job designed. But seeing as you're so disagreeable..."

He waved a hand. "Dispose of him," he said dismissively, turning back and beginning to walk toward the portal he'd come from.

The men didn't hesitate, aiming and--suddenly, a pulse of energy shot out among them, temporarily knocking the men off of their feet. Trench coat stumbled, caught unawares.

"What the--a ripple in space-time?!" he exclaimed.

He turned as well as the man turned away, deflecting one of the rifles of a man behind him as a pulse of energy shot through them. Trick stumbled as the men around him tumbled to the ground, nearly losing his footing and recovering standing above one of them. Convenient. But I'm still taking them with me.

He stomped hard on the man's face and snatched up his rifle, aiming at one of the guns they had dropped on the ground. He stepped back and fired.

The resulting explosion sent everyone flying--including Trick, who slammed into a wall along with the rest of them. Trench coat got to his feet quickly, as did the other men.

"Stop him! Quickly!" he growled, his composure shaken as he looked deranged. "He'll ruin everything! He'll--no...!"

The man looked in horror as, nearby Trick, a hole ripped in space-time. The men stabbed knives into the ground so sharp they stabbed into it like butter and held fast to the ground. Trick wasn't so lucky and was sucked into the vortex.

The men held fast until trench coat released a pulse that restored balance to space-time. His face lingered in a rictus snarl for a moment before he came to his senses.

"I guess the Master is right," he growled. "There really is only the inevitable..."

Last edited by Venom on 7th December 2013, 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th December 2013, 9:38 pm

Ravenna catches her breath when the woman releases her. The voices invading her head is almost overwhelming. “Cops? Um, yes if you think they can help me find my way. I have to get back to Miquelon.” Ravenna replaces the beret on her head and sighs in relief as the voices go away. “I am sorry for crashing into you.” She puts a polite smile on her face and follows the woman down the alley. “My name is Ravenna, and you are?”

They get to the end of the alley and Ravenna looks around. There are a lot of people walking everywhere. She also sees small tank like objects on the road. She freezes and her face pales as she sees technology everywhere. “You are one of them...one of the science people...I will not let you capture me.” Ravenna turns around and begins to run away. How did the woman know she was a magician. She has kept it hidden from everyone. Damn scientists are known for being sneaky.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 8th December 2013, 12:03 am

[ATTN:  Ravenna]

If the girl didn't look absolutely, adorably pathetically lost, I would have dumped her by now.  I have work to do.  Miquelon?  Where in the hell is that?  That's not even a name of any city or town I've ever heard of.  This chick is off her rocker or just really damned confused.

She apologizes and introduces herself, so I look her over with a bit of suspicion.  I mean, yeah.  She's adorable, but that doesn't mean she's really adorable.  Doctor Kennon was adorable at first, too.  Not falling for that act again.

"I'm Sandra."  I say with a forced smile.  I haven't really smiled in a long time--not genuinely, anyway.  "Sorry for uh...grabbing your neck and all that."

I'm just looking away and this bitch starts freaking out.  Like...what the hell?  Capture some dumb broad, yeah, because I have time for that.  She fucking calls me a scientist.  One of those 'science people.'   Yeah, that's just what I fucking need.  I'm shaking my head while she runs away and I have to fight the urge to punch that girl in her little, adorable face.  Like I'd ever be like Doctor Kennon!

I clench my fists.   She's nuts, that's all this is...but, what if she's had an experience like mine?  What if she's just running away like I am?  Still doesn't explain why she'd think I'm one of them.  Still considering this shit in my head and I'm already chasing the broad.  Not really trying, of course, cause then she'd think I'm a freak.

"Yo!  Woman!"  I wave my hand out.  Can't remember her name. "Listen!  I'm running from the science freaks, myself!  Look, if you go that way, they'll find you, ya hear?"

I stop running after her, waiting to see if she'll stop and listen or run and leave.  If she decides to go, I'm not gonna stop her.  Bitch wants to get killed, I'll let her.  I've already got to babysit two other civilians, I sure as hell don't need to add another.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 8th December 2013, 3:26 am

Up ahead was a soldier guarding the entrance to the audience chamber where the council of the village met.  The closer he got, the more it seemed that the surrounding noise left his ears.  He could only seem to hear his heart pounding in his chest and his feet crashing against the hard ground.  

“Just go in, say it, get out…” He muttered over and over to himself as he approached.

“Tristan?” The soldier asked. “What brings you here?  You weren’t summoned again were you?” Clearly the soldier was surprised that he was here.

“No, no.  I simply wish to speak with the council.” He smiled and nodded at the man.

“Tristan…” the soldier began to warn. “You have that look on your face. Like you are up to something you shouldn’t be.”

Tristan waved his hands while laughing. “Honestly, it’s nothing that bad. Do I look like I would be up to something that crazy?  Wait…nevermind. Don’t answer that.”   The soldier simply smirked as he beckoned Tristan to follow him.

Following the soldier, he entered into a moon-shaped room. He could see all the leaders around the crescent table.  Though he knew he was being announced and even addressed by the council, all he could focus on was his mother, Aileas, staring back at him.  Surely, she was surprised that he was here today, but she seemed to be trying to read him. It was as if he was some puzzle that she could solve.  

Tristan placed his focus back on the whole council.  “Forgive my interruption, but I have come with a suggestion...No, that’s not quite right. A favor.  A favor for our people.”  Looking out of the corner of his eye, he could start to see his mother grimace and open her mouth to object.  “Before you object, please let me finish.” He added quickly before he continued.

“We all know that the incidents of sickness and eventually deaths have been increasing lately. The supplies, whether it be medical, food, housing, military…you name it, have all been slowly dwindling ever since humans first came here.  We have tried to find ways to provide for ourselves and have managed it so far, but it’s not enough. We can’t do this alone…we need to unite.”

At this, one of the leaders interrupted him. “I know full well what you will suggest, and we have tried before. It is not worth it.  We simply cannot rely on the villages that lie across the planet.  There is not only the dangerous journey of finding and making it to another village, they will be in no place to help us.  We may all be humans, but they will only think of how they can survive.”  

Tristan began to clutch his hands into fists.  He knew he had to choose his words carefully because he was not going to let others suffer and die the way Mysie had…not today.  “So you would give up and let us die here? Because we surely are not thriving. I understand that the path to the other villages are far and dangerous, but I would gladly undertake it myself if it meant that I at least tried!”

He walked closer to the table and began to speak in quiet, solemn voice.  “Humanity was a proud culture; we let our pride destroy us.  Are you going to allow your pride do the same to your loved ones?”

As a few of the council leaders began to protest, the head leader raised his hand to silence them.  “Tristan, I understand your reason to seek change.  I admit that I too believe some sort of change must occur.  But we do not know what is the best course of action to take as of yet; however, we will consider your willingness to go out and help unite the villages. Now go, Tristan.”  

Tristan turned around and walked back out.  Letting out a sigh, “Well at least it wasn’t a straight no.”  He started walking to the gate to meet Cadi when he heard someone call out his name.  He abruptly stopped and turned around to see his mother coming.  “Mother…I.” Suddenly he felt something hit his face.  

“Tristan!  What was that in there?” Aileas angrily asked.

He rubbed his cheek where his mother smacked him. “I thought it was obvious.  I want to go seek out the other villages.”  

“I know that!  But why didn’t you address this with me first? Do you even know what you are even signing yourself up to do? Others who have tried in the past have died, Tristan!”  

She paused as she looked at her son. He wasn’t the young boy she had taken care of.  He was standing there silently letting her unleash her anger at him.  “This is about Mysie, isn’t it? That’s why you chose today of all days to do it. You couldn’t save her and that has haunted you.  Tristan…” She grasped his hand.  “Tristan there was nothing you could do. She was simply too sick.”  

Silence filled the space around them.  Both still mourned the loss of her.  Both were stumbling in the dark, trying to recover from all they had experience.  “You’re wrong, you know.” Tristan began quietly as he stepped back from his mother.  He could see sorrow fill her eyes. “I could have tried harder.”  

A small smile formed on his lips as he continued to back away from her.  “You took care of me all my life.  This time, you have to let me go so that I can be the one looking out for us.”  Quickly, Tristan ran, ran from having his mind changed.  He would leave to find help with or without the backing of the village.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th December 2013, 9:35 am

Ravenna hears the footsteps behind her. Sandra she doesn't remember any magicians named Sandra. Maybe she was a spy. She knows Correia sends spies out. She hears Sandra speak from behind. She was running from the scientists too. Ravenna stops and turns around. She studies Sandra hard, she doesn't appear to be wearing conspicious. Maybe she was trying to blend in so they won't notice her.

Ravenna takes a step closer to Sandra. Her eyes glance from side to side making sure no one else is paying attention. She remembers those communication devices the scientists had in the square. “Are you a magician too or a natural?” She asks above a whisper.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th December 2013, 12:59 pm

[Attn: Closed]

It had been a clever ambush, but luckily, she'd anticipated it and halted the others. It was just her against hordes of Issachar's minions.

Three badbhs charged for her and she stood her ground. "Hatred!"

The hulking Legion appeared and they hit them dead on. In an instant, they were sent flying through the air. She leapt after, slicing them cleanly in twine.

She leapt again in the air and brought her blade down and slammed it into the ground as a swarm of zeodagda converged on her position. An explosion of flame erupted in a shockwave and they were all launched in the air screaming and covered in flames.

She took off running as several torchikas began blasting at her, leaping and dodging out of the way as she closed in on their location, taking them out. As she sliced the last one down, she felt the ground tremor.

She turned but only had time to throw up her hands as she was dual shield slammed by two rudo garias. She hit the ground hard, but pushed off and was on her feet in seconds. They roared and charged for her again. She was ready this time.

"Flawed!" A mystical marker flew from her hands and slammed into the ground. As the giant behemoths tripped it, a surge of electricity jolted them as several of the clawed Legion came spinning up from the ground, decimating them. Danielle followed up by running at their shield leaping over it and burying her sword in the first one's face.

It fell to the ground and she leapt free, leaping for the other one and slamming her sword home at the base of its neck. It roared with furious pain as it fell forward.

She wrenched her sword out and slashed it through the air, slinging off the monster blood. Her gauntlet glowed as the soul energy of all these beasts were absorbed.

She stood there for a minute, catching her breath. It had been an unholy horde of them, but her quarry lay further ahead. She moved on.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 8th December 2013, 1:16 pm

[ATTN:  Ravenna]

Thankfully, the chick stops running when I call out and turns to me as I catch up with her.  I breathe heavily from the run as she leans forward to ask me the most nonsensical question I have ever freaking heard.  Yep.  It is official--this chick is a real nutbag.

"Look, I'm no magician."  I say as I hold my hands up at chest level, palms faced away with fingers spread wide in defense.  "I can do some parlor tricks, but I don't do magic.  Now, listen.  I don't know what the scientists have done to you and I'm not sure I want to know."

I clear my throat, lowering my hands.  "But running around like a chicken with its head cut off isn't going to help you.  You don't want to bring attention to yourself.  If you just act like part of the crowd, you are a part of the crowd, get me?"

I look around a bit, wondering where the nearest police quarters are...or maybe where the nearest loony bin is located.  I really have no idea where anything is in this place...but I can't search the place as I was going to do originally with this woman watching me, she'd blow a gasket and attract more unwanted attention.

"Okay, anyway.  I am going to get a room to stay in and uh...I can get a map of this place.  Maybe then we can figure out where we are exactly and go from there.  Deal?"  ...I cannot believe I haven't dumped this chick yet.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th December 2013, 2:19 pm

Ravenna listens to Sandra. Not a magician, and running away from the science people. She must be a spy and doing her job well. “Sorry I don't want to blow your cover. I promise I will not do anything out of the ordinary until we get back.” She follows Sandra, but looks around as they walk. She cannot believe how different the science people live. Just the mass amount of people, not to mention the technology amazes her. A part of her wants to stop and look around. Then report it all to Correia when she gets back. “Thank you Sandra for helping me.”

They enter in a fancy building with machines all around. Ravenna has so many questions what the machines are all for. If only she was given a chance to explore, but she knows if she says the wrong thing they will take her to a cell. At least they think she is a natural and not a magician.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th December 2013, 2:49 pm

"The hell did you do, Issachar?!"

"For once, my dear Danielle, this wasn't my work."

She had made it to the chamber where the final piece of Thanatos lay. But Issachar had been waiting with an unholy horde of his minions. The battling had been fierce and one-sided until the Maidens and knights had joined the fray, balancing the odds.

Of a sudden, however, everyone and everything froze. Except her, Issachar, and Robin. It was like time had stopped for everyone but them--similar to what she'd read in the ancient texts about Thanatos. Was it he? Was somehow being in his proximity helping her? She hadn't read anything about it.

"No," came a voice. "It was me..."

Issachar suddenly cried out as she heard a slashing sound and a bright light emanated from behind the demented "saint." He hit the ground hard, in obvious pain, immobilized, smoke rising from his back, but Danielle had only spared him a glance as she was more focused on the man who had landed beside him.

He was tall, with dark skin, heavily muscled, and wearing a strange mystic-looking, multi-colored garb with wraps around his hands. His eyes bore the grim countenance of one who'd tasted true battle, yet they retained kindness and humility. She kept her guard up; too early to count him as an ally, even if he had just proved an enemy of her enemy.

He looked down at Issachar. "Another time and I'd end you, despot," he said with disgust. "But you are not my world or my place." He looked to Danielle, then, and sadness countenanced his features, mixed with what she recognized all too well: an urge to fight.

"You are the one who claims to be legion," he said. "Another time, and I would test such a bold claim with much joy. But now is not that time. Hand over the pieces of Thanatos that you have collected and I shall spare you."

"In a pig's eye." That was Robin. She spit at the man. She missed the woman's heart, but loved her fire. She pulled out her guns and charged the man.

"Dani! Go! The piece of Thanatos!" Robin called. "I'll put this bastard down!"

Danielle nodded and charged for the piece. If she could get it and summon him, things could be set to right.

We'd stepped into a mall. My God these people were weird. Don't get me wrong, there were glaring similarities to malls back home--except, y'know, the fact that I was lucky if I saw a non-Japanese person every other thousandth person--but then there were the things that just made it glaringly obvious I wasn't in Kansas anymore. Or New York for that matter. Like the child's toy being peddled that had what was obviously a penis. Yeah, the censors back home would've shut that shit down quick, fast, and in a hurry.

I walked into the nearest shop that looked like it had a map and after a drawn out dance, the bitch inside finally figured out what I wanted. I call her a bitch because the whole time she feigned to not know a lick of English, but when I left told me to "Have a nice day" without it being butchered at all. I looked back and she had the smuggest smile I'd seen. Fucking bitch.

Asking around led me to some clues for what I was looking for. Apparently, these people didn't have a "police office" but a police "box." Smaller little places one to two person manned. A helpful Jap gave me the tip to the nearest one and off me and the girl went. God, she was adorable the way she looked at everything with wide-eyed innocence. Yeah, cleanest cut, soonest mended.

We got to the police box and I addressed the officer--who of course didn't speak English. His partner did, however.

Shit. Forgot the girl's name. "This girl is lost and needs help," I told him. "Think you can help her find her way home?" I turned to walk away, but the officer had questions.

How'd I meet her? Kinda bumped into me. What was my business in Japan? Personal, a little shopping. He, surprisingly, handed me a list of some good hotels that had an affordable price and had English speakers. American police could learn a thing or two. After a few more questions, he let me go and turned his attention to the girl. I had little interest in remaining, so I turned and began leaving.

[Attn: Tristan]

That day, Tristan and other inhabitants of the planet would suddenly feel a planet-wide lurch. Some panicked, fearing a massive earthquake, but soon, they'd notice something more sinister, their planet was getting warmer by degrees by the hour. It didn't take long for their scientists to discover that the planet was leaving its normal orbit.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th December 2013, 5:31 pm

These people look different than other she has seen.  She never realized how small her world really was until now.  This cannot be St. Pierre, but then where is she.  Sandra once again took control and spoke with a man.  He is wearing a uniform.  Sandra told him that she was lost.  Ravenna shook her head.  The woman is turning her to the scientists.  

The officer looked at Ravenna with concern.  She put up her finger and walks over to Sandra.  “Some spy you are, how dare you turn me over to the Scientist?  Correia will hear of this and you will be punished.”  Ravenna clenches her fist wanting to punch this so called helper.

She gets an idea, but does she dare do it.  There are plenty of people around, and it is not like they are looking for a magic person.  She takes off her beret.  Just like we practiced with Correia.  She walks in front of Sandra and looks her in the eye.  “I am sorry about that.  I am just scared about being in a new city.  You really don't want to leave me behind, do you?  Only a person with no heart will leave an innocent woman in a strange place on her own.  You don't know what these foreign people will do, even the officers.”  Ravenna blinks as she places the idea inside of Sandra's head.  She slowly replaces her beret.  “Thank you for your help.  I guess this is goodbye.”  Ravenna holds out her hand to shake it with Sandra.  She knows it is a big risk, exposing her magic, but the alternative is just as bad.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 8th December 2013, 5:41 pm

Tristan began walking up the gate where he saw Cadi waiting for him. She looked up and waved at him. “Hey, you’re late! How long were you going to keep me waiting?” She said triumphantly.

“Well I was planning a few more hours but I thought ‘how cruel.’” He flashed a smile as he found a spot next to Cadi, who looked like she was about to slug him.

All of a sudden the ground began to shake. Tristan grabbed Cadi as they stumbled forward. Walls crumbled while pots and items fell, crashing all around them. People began to cry out and seek shelter. Many had never experienced an earthquake but Tristan knew what it was.

“Come on! We need to find a safe place.” He dragged Cadi along as they went towards the council. But the sooner they got closer to the council, the warmer it was getting.

Cadi stumbled along behind. “Tristan, what’s going on?!” Tristan shook his head. He had no idea what was going on. Their planet had never been this warm. He looked briefly behind him to see the chaos about. Shouting, crying, the world was filled with noise.

“Get moving!” He shouted towards a group of people huddled over some rubble, but they wouldn’t move; they seemed preoccupied. Tristan realized someone was stuck and a few were trying to get the young lad out.

Grabbing Cadi, he looked at her sternly. “Cadi, you need to get to the council. Find my mother. Find out what is happening. I..I don’t know what’s going on, but we need to get out of here.”

“What about you? You need to come too!” As much as she tried, she couldn’t hide her fear in her voice.

“I need to help get as many people as I can. I'll meet you and my mother at the council chamber. It's the safest place. Now go!” He shoved Cadi forward as he went over and helped the young boy out of the rubble.

After motioning for the people to make their way to the council, he wiped his forehead of the sweat and dirt that had taken residence there. He briefly looked around, making sure that everyone was moving. He could only speculate as to what was causing their world to burn; all that was certain was that Toivoa was doomed.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th December 2013, 6:38 pm

I gave her a flat look as she suddenly tried to appeal to my "better nature." "Quit being paranoid," I told her flatly. "They'll help you, and..."

But suddenly, it felt like she was right. Then I felt like shit. The girl obviously had something against the cops. Can't say that I blamed her. Of course, these cops weren't dicks, so then again maybe I could. Screw it.

"No worries," I told her, then looked at the cops. "Never mind. I'll help her find her way home."

The cop protested, of course, said that it was his duty. Then came the crash. I don't know what the hell it was, but something had slammed into a nearby skyscraper. In my head, the weird shit-o-meter jumped up to 25. The convenience meter just landed on a perfect ten.

He told us to stay here, then his partner and he booked it toward the building in question. I grabbed the girl's arm.

"C'mon, let's go," I told her. "You can stay the night with me, but after that, you're on your own." The movies about this place really did have the right of it...

[Attn: Tristan]

The council convened for days as it became apparent what was going on: their planet was on a collision course with the system's star. Geographical data suggested three hotspots that hadn't been on the map before that might be responsible. However, their choices were limited: either try and investigate and burn resources and manpower to that, or prep for immediate evacuation. Considering they had days, maybe a week or two at the most, before it happened, caution seemed the wiser choice.

But then came the harder choice: who got to go. They only had so much room on the shuttles. They needed to be gone and soon. The older generation was automatically ruled out, save essential personnel that were currently irreplaceable. All of the council, save two of its youngest members, were not going. Tristan's mother, however, declined.

Everyone was packing, while others were protesting that their parents or grandparents weren't going to make the trip. They had days left.

Robin fell to the ground, beaten, but not dead. The man stood over her and put his fists together, giving her a respectful bow. "You were a worthy opponent," he said respectfully, "but you've lost to the anger within. It makes you weak."

Danielle had cleared through the people and was upon the final shard of the crest of Thanatos. She gave a grim smile as she picked it up. It was short lived.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw something hurtling at her. Before she could turn, a strange bolt of energy had struck her hands and a follow-up blast had launched her across the room. She hit the ground rolling and was to her feet in an instant, smoke rising off of her shoulder and rage that burned with cold fury in her eyes.

"Better," he said, "your anger gives you power, but it doesn't consume you like your friend."

He stood where she'd been, the final shard and--"No!"

"It is nothing personal, girl," he said, "but it is something that I must do."

He held the rest of the Thanatos crest. With a squeeze of the man's mighty fist, he broke the crest into pieces again. She charged for him, but too late, as the air behind him rippled and he threw the pieces into the swirling vortex of energy beyond.

"It is done," he intoned. "Goodbye, girl, I am sorry--urgh!"

"No...!" Danielle thundered, having hit him with a bolt of lightning. "It is not done!"

The man groaned and struggled, but it was useless against her power. The same lightning that was shocking him, immobilizing him, crackled in her closed right fist. With a roar and a jerk back of said hand, the man was sent irresistibly forward, a burst of power launching him forward and into the air.

Danielle was already closing the distance. She leapt in the air, but to her surprise, found he had enough of his senses to block her attack. It still sent him flying away. He wasn't her quarry.

"No, you foolish girl!" he cried out in alarm. "What are you doing?! It'll kill you!"

"Doesn't matter!" she growled as she leapt for the portal that was slowly closing. "My world and I are dead without it, anyway!"

She dove through as it closed, nearly slicing off her feet. Energy hit her like a ton of bricks as she shot through time and space. She gritted her teeth and focused her will. Using the power Flawed gave her and propelling herself as she saw the shards all flying away.

She grabbed one and shot for another. Then another! And another! Four pieces left! A ripple slammed into her and the remaining shards. The energy shockwave sent them all flying in opposite directions.

"Nooooooooooooooo!" she thundered as she reached an outstretched hand toward the lost shards.

The power stream was too much. It was like being hit by a large wave of water. An attempt to propel herself sent her tumbling out of control. She howled in frustration as she was lost to time and space, multicolored beauty spelling the doom of her world.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th December 2013, 8:07 pm

Ravenna sighs in relief knowing that her magic worked She is surprised that Sandra didn't feel any affects. Magic people usually can tell. The officers wanted to protest. Did they figure out that she is a magician? Ravenna is ready to refuse their help, but then felt the ground shake. Something just hits one of the tallest buildings she has ever seen. The officers tell them to stay put, but Sandra grabs Ravenna's arm. “You don't have to tell me twice.”

Ravenna runs with Sandra. They eventually stop. Ravenna pants for a few moments. “Call me crazy, but I don't think we are on my earth anymore. This is way too weird for me.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th December 2013, 3:26 am

Tristan remained silent as he watched the village prep for evacuation.  There were only days remaining if that. So they save what they can and let the rest to die.  He understood the theory but it didn’t sit well with him. He wasn’t going to go down without a fight.  He quickly packed what he needed. There is was so much commotion that he was able to get what he needed with little fuss.  He would make it to the hotspots, no matter what.

Walking around, he spotted his mother comforting another woman in tears.  Aileas had her arm around the woman as she cried.  He wanted to speak to his mother and tell her that he was heading to the hotspots. He wanted to say goodbye, but as she looked up and spotted him, he could see that she already knew somehow.  

Neither said a word as they looked at each other. He nodded to her as began to step back; if he did, he knew it would only be harder on both of them. “Goodbye, Mother.” He whispered before he took one last look of the village and headed out into the wilderness.

An hour out into the wilderness, he spotted it. Its make wasn't of any design he would recognize. In fact, it seemed more advanced than anything any of the other colonies would be able to make. However, it's meaning was clear: it looked like a giant jetpack, and a large energy beam was shooting from it. This was why their planet was out of orbit. This was why people were going to die.

Tristan stood there clueless. "What the hell...?" He muttered to himself as he cautiously moved closer.  How did it get here and why.  He had no answers. No ideas. Nothing like this existed on Toivoa before.  "Jetpack and energy beam thing scooting the planet out of orbit.  So it's me against the big device...right, well I've got nothing."  It was true. He had no idea what he was going to do, but he entered inside, hoping to find some interface that would allow him to deactivate the device.

On one side of the massive device he found what he was looking for: a door to the inside. Blessedly, the button on the right of it opened it when he pressed it. Inside, it looked much like a warehouse. There were supplies and corridors. Though active, the place had an empty feel, like no one had been there for a while.

Moving on, he'd find a control room. The entire process was automated, it seemed.

Tristan whistled as he looked at the place. "Not bad." The technology was advance that was for sure. He had to be impressed by it.  At one point, humanity may have had something like this. As he walked into the control room, he noted that there were no people running the place.  He could only speculate as to the type of person who wanted to destroy the planet. He walked to a panel, hoping that he would be able to find a way to break the planet off of its current trajectory.  "Pushing buttons always works right?" He cracked his neck as he began to type away.  "Here goes nothing."

The screen blinked on, and suddenly, the sound of moaning could be heard. On the screen was the video of two colonists from a nearby colony going at it. Apparently, when whoever had been here had been here, voyeurism was one of his hobbies.

Tristan eyes widened as the screen changed.  "Oh God. What the bloody hell, you perverted machine?!" He began to rapidly hit buttons, hoping that it would switch to something else...anything else. Despite begining to wonder about the sanity of whoever was last here, Tristan stifled a laugh.  Leave it to him to try to save the planet with a messed-up machine.

The monitor switched off and changed to a layout. This terminal was apparently connected to the other two devices on the planet. Buttons flashed on the panel in a language he could read. There was a way he could shut all of them down remotely from here. Even a self-destruct mechanism.

Scanning the monitor, he quickly read what the information was telling him.  He could do it. He really could shut down all three locations at once.  "Excellent."  Without a second thought, he allowed his fingers to fly across the panel as he instructed the device to shut down and destroy all three mechanisms.  To be honest, he wasn't sure how the planet would respond after suddenly losing the added momentum, but at least it would give them more time. He activated the self-destruct mechanism.

A man appeared on the screen. "What the hell is going on over there?! Who the hell are you?! How did you activate the self-destruct?! Computer, deactivate self-destruct!"

The computer spoke with a neutral female voice. "Deactivating emergency self-destruct." Tristan would have the sudden knowledge that there was a master key that, if he took it, these machines would not be able to be reactivated to destroy the planet.

Suprised that a man appeared on the screen, Tristan assumed that this was the culprit.  The man behind all of this. "Computer belay that order!" He frantically looked around until he realized the master key.  He looked up at the man on the screen and smirked. "Nice try, asshole!"  Tristan grasped the master key and pulled it out.  He stumbled back from the monitor and ran a hand through his hair.  Finally.  Finally it would stop.

"You dumb boy!" he growled. "Bring that back! You think you'll be able to hide from me there?! I'll scour that planet and kill off everyone! E v e r y o n e. . ."

He quickly looked around for an exit as the man began to threaten him.  "Great job, Tristan, you managed to the save the planet from one disaster and caused another." He mumbled to himself.  As much as he wanted to know why this man wanted to destroy the planet, he couldn't dwell on it.  All he knew was that he had to get out.  And if on cue, he realized that he could escape and leave the planet in this place.  How he knew it? He didn't know; he just did. Another question with no answer. "Focus...focus." He muttered to himself before looking at the man on the screen.  "Hey! If you are seriously going to try looking for this?" He held up the master key.  "You might want to try another planet because you won't find it here.  I am leaving this place and I dare you to try and catch me." He dashed to the room in his mind, recognizing that this was in fact how he could leave the planet.

"You think I won't scour those escape shuttle for--wait...you're not. No! But how could you...? Get back here, boy! I will find you! Bet on it!"

Tristan would find a medium-sized circular room. Following whatever weird designs were in his head, he input the buttons and activated the device. The symbols on the floor began circling and lighting up in multi-hued colors. The lights grew brighter and brighter and in a flash, he was gone.

[Attn: Ravena]

I said nothing to the girl's outbursts. I was beginning to wonder from the way she was talking if the girl had escaped from a padded room. It would corroborate some of the insanity escaping her mouth. As if there was any Earth but this one.

Following the policeman's suggestions, I checked out the hotels he'd listed to me. I finally found one that suited me--fair price and had easy access to back alleys and escape routes. Of course I used a name different from the one I gave the police officer. Also, different clothes and a wig didn't hurt, either. I made the girl do the same.

From there, I got us a room. Second story up, smallish room, two beds. The style was Western--I guess they wanted their guests to feel at home. I'd have given them a pass if it weren't for the fact that I don't think they understood their guests. At all. What self-respecting person had pink curtains? And neon pink at that.

I turned to the girl and handed her the map. "Do what you want, girl," I said, laying on one of the two beds and closing my eyes. "If you wanna watch tv, that's fine, just don't be too loud. I'm tired, long trip." Only one of those was a lie.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th December 2013, 3:34 pm

Ravenna sees Sandra's expression. It is obvious she thinks Ravenna is insane. Maybe she is, but she knows what she experienced. Regardless she must get as much information at possible about this city. She does not recognize any of the writing on the buildings as they walk to the inn. She is not stupid she knows there are other languages in her world, but there is one primary one.

Sandra gives her a wig and tells her to use a different name. She gives the person behind the desk a pseudonym as well. Ravenna stays quiet looking around as Sandra checks them in. Sandra gives her a card and walks away. Ravenna follows her and she walks to a small closet. She jumps as the doors close. She is about to pound on the doors when the floor shakes. Ravenna feels a sensation of being lifted. Technology, it must be, not that they don't have lifts, but they really don't have a need for them. Theirs is run by magic though.

They get to their room and Sandra slides the card into a slot on the door. Ravenna watches a green light illuminate on the door and hears the click. Sandra pushed the door open. At least that is something that has not changed. She follows Sandra into the room and looks around. Sandra immediately sits on one of the beds. Ravenna looks at her oddly. “TV what is that? Perhaps you can assist me with the whereabouts of a local library. Somewhere that has information about the city. I would like to get orientated.” Ravenna sits one the bed. It has been a long day for her as well. “I know I sound crazy, but I must know for sure what is going on. I do thank you so much for your help so far Sandra.” She looks over at Sandra with a soft smile. Inside she wants to scream, but knows that does no good.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th December 2013, 6:40 pm

"I never said you are crazy, but a chill pill would help," I told her, opening an eye to regard her.

I looked to the nightstand and found the remote, turned the tv on, and tossed it to her. Some Japanese game show was on screen. These people seriously had too much time on their hands if they found that shit entertaining. "Use that," I told her, closing my eyes and laying back down.

"As for a library, you'll have to look on that map, cause I haven't a clue. Good luck, though, as I doubt you can read Japanese."

I turned over and went to sleep. Girl wasn't my problem, anymore, and I'd have things to do soon enough.

The man known as Trick hurtled through the ages, a journey that took forever and at the same time only a fraction of an instant. Worlds that spun out into infinity opened up and he caught glimpses of worlds that could've been, of what he could've been.

Finally, a portal opened up and he shot through it, an energy buildup around him that cushioned the blow when he slammed into a building, saving him from having his bones shattered and his internal organs turned to paste.

He slammed into a vat of strawberry ice cream, being completely soaked in it and slammed through the side of the vat into another full of rice cake, covering him from head to toe. He survived the traverse through worlds and came out at the end of it a delicious mochi.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th December 2013, 7:46 pm

Sandra pushes buttons on a black brick then throws it to her.  The black frame comes to life with colors and people in strange clothing.  “What the...”  Ravenna takes the device and walks over to the frame.  She examines it closely.  It seems like nothing from the outside, just a thin black frame.  How are the images coming through.  Ravenna pushes the buttons and the picture changes.  She throws the remote on the floor.  “Did I just use technology?  Oh magics forgive me.”

Sandra lies down on the bed.  She doesn't say much, but what she does say speaks volumes.  Ravenna now knows they are in a place that speaks Japanese.  According to the books Japan under science persuasion.  Ravenna closes her eyes and tries to calm down.  “How did I get all the way here?”  She asks herself.  If they discover she is a magician she will be captured for sure.  She looks over at Sandra what will happen to her?

Ravenna cannot let anything happen, she has to find a way to get back to Miquelon and back to Correia.  She removes the wig that Sandra gave to her and sets it on her bed.  She holds the card in her hand.  She paces the room a little before leaving the room.  She needs some air and some time to think.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 9th December 2013, 8:35 pm

[ATTN: Open]

When Trick was first thrown back into the wall by the blast, the energy rifle flew from his hands. He threw himself after it, snatching it up and raising it to fire when suddenly he felt himself sucked backwards irresistibly into the portal.

He hurtled through empty space for what seemed like forever - until suddenly he wasn't. He was in the air, flying towards the wall of a building.

He curled up into a ball, wrapping his arms around the rifle as he slammed through the wall and into the vat of ice cream. He went straight through, finally landing hard in a substance that swallowed him like sand.

Trick struggled in the substance, finally breaking through and gasping for air. Not dead. Holy shit not dead?

He ran a hand through his hair, feeling rice and jam stick in it and let out a laugh that dissolved into coughing. Somehow he was alive. He couldn't even be angry anymore - he felt the oddest elation, relieved to still be breathing. Apparently he wasn't as comfortable with his own mortality as he'd thought.

He was moving however, and he looked around him to see he appeared to be in some factory. The vat of rice cakes he was in was headed down a conveyor belt to be processed, a large contraption not far down the line pressing them flat. Trick threw himself out, hitting the floor and rolling to break his fall before he could be crushed as well. How humiliating would that be, to somehow survive falling through a building only to be crushed into rice cake. Trick, bane of gangsters and despots, crushed to death in a factory. How pathetic was that?

He looked down at himself, realizing he'd lost the rifle he'd stolen sometime in the fall. That fall. He should have broken something at least, he should have broken every bone in his body but he was fine. Sore but fine. How did that work? More importantly, where even was he?

He patted at his jacket, checking that all his equipment was still there before he stood up shakily.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th December 2013, 9:19 pm

Men and women yelled and screamed at the walking mochi's entrance, fleeing. This was further compounded when the rifle he'd dropped in the vat suddenly exploded, the shockwave throwing the mochi for a loop and decimating the vat completely, sending a wave of strawberry ice cream in every which direction. Alarms went off and the sprinklers kicked on, giving the human mochi an impromptu shower and trying to placate the fire he'd started.

[Attn: Ravenna, Open]

I opened my eyes. It was evening. I looked around to find the girl had vacated the room, leaving the tv on and the remote on the floor. I was pretty sure it was news by the looks of it, though I couldn't read a lick of Japanese. It looked like a building had a fire going on inside it. Wasn't the one that had been hit this afternoon. Apparently it was a bad day for Japan.

I shook my head and got up, turning off the tv and setting the remote by it.

I didn't know if she'd be back or not, but I wanted to be gone before that happened if it did. I didn't need some half-baked girl cramping my style. I opened the door and peered out cautiously. No sign of her. Sweet.

I immediately made for the stairs, cautiously peering around corners as I made sure I wasn't going to have a close encounter of the annoying kind. The hallways were deserted--tourists were probably too busy "seeing the sights."

Once down the stairs, I peered out the exit. Still no sign of the girl. I turned up my jacket and began walking down the street. I wasn't going to blend in with this crowd--I was inches taller than most of them and my pale skin stood in stark contrast. Didn't matter, I was on my way. Whoever this Yuuko was, I intended to get answers.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top