Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City: Mittgar

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City:  Mittgar - Page 2 Empty City: Mittgar

Post by JerriLeah7 15th July 2013, 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

City:  Mittgar - Page 2 5k2fbm

City Name:  Mittgar (Mit -- garr)
Country/Territory:  ICM
Government Style:  Communistic Dictatorship
Population:  37,498 Registered Residents
Tech Level:  Advanced --  Moderate Reliance on Ether Technology
Trade:  Ether, Ether Technology

Mittgar is the "City of Skyscrapers," or also known as the "Colossus of the ICM."  It is the largest city within Aria at this time.  Only the Elven Hinterland shows anywhere close to having as much of a population or a lack of space.  The necessity of the population remaining within Mittgar is due to the volcanic activity within the region, which makes most of the available land inhospitable from the dry heat.  

Towering factories and industries fill the night sky to such heights that one cannot see the majority of the building when looking up from its base.  Regrettably, very little of the night sky can be seen from the streets of Mittgar due to light pollution.  Over half the world's Industrial Ether Technology hails from ICM.  The predominant mode of travel is by train, many hubs throughout the city's infrastructure, although there are many roads for company vehicles.  Mittgar is constantly filled with the noise and bustling activity of its factories and transportation.  

Single, private dwellings do not exist here, though there are many businesses that a single family can own the building for and incidentally live in.  The majority of the population, however, lives within apartments and motel-styled complexes for living, regardless of whether or not they own their particular room or simply rent it.  The land in Mittgar is an almost non-existent commodity and those that do own it typically set up housing to make profit.  

Every decade or so, the ICM auctions off available land and strictly regulates the maximum amount purchasable by any one individual or family.  This land generates income as well as steadily expands Mittgar as its technology improves for land reclamation.  Mittgar also houses the most extensive network of utilities and Ether pipelines that appear often throughout its city structure.  Much of the ICM's Ether shipping is done here, where its Ether is directly packaged for shipment from the constant supply of the Ether Refineries.  

Mittgar was one of the partner cities that assisted in creating Ether Meters and starting node of the Ether Registry.  Though the registry now encompasses may other countries and has registry owned facilities throughout Aria, the primary Registry database is rumored to be located here.  Not much else is known of the database of the registry, itself, nor is its exact location within the city.

Additionally, many companies and employers offer health benefits that are subsidized by the ICM to treat and maintain the health of the citizens of Mittgar.  The air of the ICM is slightly toxic due to the volcanic activity of nearby volcanoes and the factory and industry of ICM.  The air here is usually darker, thicker, and hazy--ones eyes must adjust to living here in order to see properly.  Many wear goggles or respiratory masks if dwelling on the streets for long periods to minimalism health concerns.  Any tourist will notice the lack of natural light, a difficulty in breathing and seeing, and will be warned of various health advisories when entering ICM territory.  

Last edited by Stryker on 18th October 2013, 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

City:  Mittgar - Page 2 Empty Re: City: Mittgar

Post by MethosArchaic 3rd September 2013, 7:01 pm

[Attn: Abri, Open]
[POV: Teague Flannagan - PC]

The train ride had been pretty short and sweet, unfortunately slightly crowded given the late hour. Hell, it was start of the weekend and as far as Teague was concerned - party hour.

This particular club wouldn't have much classy feel or more importantly, it didn't have those god awful lines. So he walked up to the doorman (bouncer) and handed him his credit card and ID. "Hey Henry, how's it going?"

"Wrist."

Teague sighed, "Gotcha." as he rose his arm and Henry scanned his meter quickly with a wand. Then wrapped it with one of those red plastic bands you get at hospitals. The bouncer glanced over the information on the display, of which Abri could see fairly easily. Under his general info, a bright text displays the following in crisp letters:

Wormhole (Spacial relocation force. Destructive level - low to moderate. Security Hazard - High)
Gravity (Localized manipulation. Destructive level - minimal to low.)  

The man looked at the security warnings and eyed Teague, and gave him a threatening look to make sure the kid knew not to cause trouble. Inside in another room a man was looking at the same information, and giving the other men the crucial information to deal with him if he started to cause trouble. Henry could already hear the information on his ear piece.

He'd say more but Teague had visited here before, kept his drink count low, and most importantly behaved. That wouldn't stop him from throwing the boy out on his ass if he started anything. After scanning the boys credit card for the cover charge, he handed it back, ready to go to the next person.

"She's with me." Teague said looking over at Abri, "I've got this."

Henry swiped the credit card again for Abri's charge, then handed it back. The man waited for Teague to step to the side then held out his hand. "I.D. then your wrist.. Ma'am." The man's tone stayed mostly flat and lacked inflection, but towards the end it became obvious that he thought these two Forcers where just going to be causing trouble.

Waiting for Abri just outside the door, Teague dealt with the curiosity of finding about Abri's force. He chose blissful ignorance, she'd tell him if she wanted. 'Isn't important anyway.' It only took a minute for Abri to finish up, but he noticed the red band on her wrist too. It really didn't say what force she had, but it must have pinged a security or danger hazard....

"Don't worry about the bands too much. They flag just about everything. I swear if we could pull rabbits out of a hat they'd red flag us just for that." Teague said trying to ease the tension on his clubbing partner's face as he pushed open the door.

The music immediately filled the night air as they made it in. "Pick your poison or hit the floor?"

[Time: Slightly after 10 PM, Friday - Mittgar]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th September 2013, 1:39 am

{Attn: Teague, open}

Abri had been to clubs before, but not this particular one.  She usually frequented the same places so as to not go through this every time, so it made her nervous again.  She watched as Teague went through the security check and then didn't bother hiding her interest in his forces.  Interested that he had two pretty intense forces, she smiled nervously at him when he said he got her charge.  Stepping forward, she handed the bouncer her ID and then held out her wrist.  The screen lit up and displayed her force.  She noticed Teague didn't seem to pay much attention to what her force was and she found she was grateful for that.  Most people were put off by her particular force and she didn't want to lose a possible friend before he got to know her because of it.  The screen had the bright red letters of her force:

Force Persuasion (Mental Manipulation.  Destructive Level: Minimal.  Security Hazard: Moderate to High.)

The bouncer looked at her speculatively, but she just shrugged, smiling nervously, trying to get across that she hated having a force.  It wasn't true, but that was the persona she put on for the public and any authority.  It was how she'd been able to rise up the ranks at the ether factory.  The bouncer put the red arm band around her wrist and she joined Teague, trying to smile.  "Its okay, this stuff just always makes me nervous."  Entering the club, she looked to the dance floor and then to the bar.  "Drink first, if that's okay.  I feel like I need some help getting motivated to dance."  Abri realized she was nervous, not just about the security check, but about dancing or revealing too much to Teague.  Heading to an empty table, she sat and watched Teague join her.

"Look, I saw what your powers were and I've seen you use the one.  I know some people can be weird about forces, so I'm going to ask you straight out.  Do you feel you need to know what my force is?  I don't hide it, but people get nervous about it.  I'll tell you if you want to know."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 8th September 2013, 2:35 am

{POV: Teague Flannagan - PC]

"Drink first, if that's okay.  I feel like I need some help getting motivated to dance."

Teague nodded, he totally understood that after all. Security procedures kinda gave you that spot light treatment... not that Teague knew what that was like.............

So they sat down at one of the booths, which wasn't that bad. The lights changed, warped, and blinked to the music for the most part. He'd barely settled in when she popped the question.

"Look, I saw what your powers were and I've seen you use the one.  I know some people can be weird about forces, so I'm going to ask you straight out.  Do you feel you need to know what my force is?  I don't hide it, but people get nervous about it.  I'll tell you if you want to know."

"I would have waited for the drinks first Abby." Teague smiles trying to cut the tension just a bit. "But are you seriously asking me, or just being nice?" IT was uncomfortable for him too, being just forced to think about this. He wasn't stalling but just really confused as to what brought this up. Could she be that worried about it? He let out a sigh, and just went with being honest. If he stalled too much she'd think he was buying time or something. "Need? No. Curious? Sure. I mean, I'm a Forcer myself. -" Teague rose his hand and beckoned for a waitress to come over.

"- We're here to chill, drink a bit, dance a bit, and have some fun. If later, after we've done all that? Then you can if you want. If you don't? That's fine." He paused looking for that waitress, and saw her a couple tables down the row, figured. "Only got two questions.

One: It's not one of those sex change forces right? Cause I mean you're well." Teague grinned and didn't exactly ogle her but he did give her a quick up and down look that showed some interest. Hopefully it also didn't just make her skin crawl or give her the impression that he wanted to bend he rover the booth and take her then and there.  "I'd rather my dance partner didn't turn out to be a dude. Talk about awkward. Ohh and two:

What would you like to drink?" managing to ask as the waitress finally got to their table, completely stealing the woman's thunder he was sure. "Blithering Idiot, here." Teague smirked while looking at Abri while making a circling motion with his finger and then pointing to himself. It being both his drink order and also a bit of humor at his expense.

It did make him wonder if he should try and see what the look he just tried earlier looked like in a mirror. Maybe he'd gotten it wrong, was it something you practiced? Pfffft, ohh well.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th September 2013, 10:36 pm

Frowning at Teague as he kind of answered her question, she was torn between laughing and feeling really uncomfortable.  Relived that the waitress finally came to the table, she took the minute to figure out what to say.  "Just a Purple Tornado and a glass of water please."  The bored waitress wandered away and she looked back at Teague.  "That answers your second question.  Now, to answer your first, no I do not have a sex change force."  She hesitated for a minute and then smiled.  "How about I just tell you that I have a mental control force and leave it at that.  I don't use it on anyone I know, or really ever for that matter, so you can feel safe I won't make you do something silly on the dance floor."

The waitress returned with their drinks and she sipped gratefully at the bright and strong purple concoction.  "I'm sorry if the question made you uncomfortable.  I'm not really used to talking or spending time with others that have a force.  Most the normal people I work with or meet see my ether meter and immediately ask what my force is.  I guess that seems so normal to me that I get anxious when someone doesn't ask even though I hate sharing it.  It puts people off and I end up spending so long explaining it for them to still give me cautious looks and walk away."  She smiled wryly.  "I'm guessing you understand that too."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 10th September 2013, 11:41 pm

'Purple tornado huh? Not bad.' Teague commented mentally to her drink choice. He prefered straight drinks over mixed personally, but to each their own.

"That answers your second question.  Now, to answer your first, no I do not have a sex change force."  Well that was reassuring somewhat, wierder forces did exist. He didn't really notice the hesitation before she spoke, as he was in thought himself. "How about I just tell you that I have a mental control force and leave it at that.  I don't use it on anyone I know, or really ever for that matter, so you can feel safe I won't make you do something silly on the dance floor."

Teague was wishing he had his drink so his hands would have had something to do. 'Mind control huh?' It must be another of the blacklist abilities, that the registry kept a close eye on. His did came as he was thinking about it, occupying his hands he rolled the bottle between his palms feeling the coolness of the bottle.

She went on talking about how it made her feel and how other felt about it. Teague could understand. "Yeah, I know what you mean. Hard to explain to mundanes, who wish the answers where simply black and white." He lifted the bottle to his lips and took a drink. "Gravity control, simple to explain. The wormhole thing? Even with all the data they've collected from my training they are having hell understanding it. It's not supposed to work or something like that."

After he took another long drink on his Blithering Idiot, he paused and tapped the mouth against his bottom lip in thought. "You know, you've gotta love a drink that's honest enough to tell you what it'll do to you." Teague smiled finally relaxing, letting most of the worry just slide off.

"Now your's, I'm not sure about." He inclined his bottle towards her tornado. "See I'm not sure if it says: Don't underestimate me. I'm a' gonna wreck everything, or it says something else."

Abri smiled and shrugged.  "I guess you'll just have to keep wondering about that and maybe I'll tell you later."

Teague smirked and shrugged as he finished off his beer. "Guess so. So Mind Control, sounds.... problematic. Then again I drink too many of these, and I might just need a bit of help not making a fool of myself."  More good ol' Flannagan levity, Teague was good at that. Pop's was big on letting stuff like this just roll off his shoulders. Do what you can do, let the Maker handle the rest. No point in stressing over it, Pop's had the right idea.

Sending a questing eye over toward Abri's drink, which she was drinking slower then he'd drank his. "We've gotten all the annoying stuff out of the way, all that's left is to have a good time." A sudden thought popped up as he remembered his earlier statement back at the door. 'I totally could pull a rabbit out of a hat.' The revelation made him chuckle a bit. "Well, shall we see just how the other can make a fool of themselves? Ohh! I mean dance."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th September 2013, 7:55 pm

This was by far the most interesting night she'd had in awhile.  Abri couldn't tell whether it was going good or not, but it was still early and she expected the uncomfortable phase to ease after a couple drinks and some dancing.  Folding her hands around her glass, she smiled at him and lifted the glass, finishing off her drink.  

"Okay, now that I have some liquid courage, I can do this."

She stood and looked to the dance floor, noticing some others had gone out to move to the music, perhaps needing a bit of lapse in their inhibitions as well.  Hesitating only a moment, she reached out her hand to Teague.  "Come on, let's do this before I change my mind."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 16th September 2013, 9:04 pm

Teague got to see Abri, polish off her drink in one shot. "Okay, now that I have some liquid courage, I can do this." Abri said while she plunked down her glass. Yes, it literally plunked, weird huh?

Then true to her word she stood up and Teague took this as his clue to do the same. She looked out towards the dance floor, then looked back at him as she reached for his hand.

"Come on, let's do this before I change my mind."

Teague didn't even think about it, he took her hand. She lead the way since she seemed to be maybe forcing herself to get out there. He had the faintest thought that to outsiders it probably looked like an elder sister dragging her brother out on the floor.

Gladly enough he didn't have to dwell or think to hard. There was music thrumming in the air. So Teague picked out some of the notes till he was pretty sure he recognized the song, and danced.

Now Abri? Well she certainly didn't have two right or left feet. All in all she had one of each and danced pretty good. This wasn't a rave, nope this was a casual club so neither of them did anything, what might be called raunchy or dirty. They maintained a healthy close distance, very little contact and just had a good time. There was some joking, and little snippets of talking, the usual. No scary warning flags for Teague to worry about, and they seemed to be getting along pretty well.  

As several songs wound down and the DJ broke the silence with telling them he was be taking five and then he'd take requests. Then he put on a ready sound selection and wandered down the hall. Dude was probably gonna go deposit some liquid gold to the urinal or something.

Teague motioned towards their booth and went back over to sit down. When Abri followed, which was totally a good sign, Teague signaled the waitress. "You're still holding up pretty good. Care for another drink?" He left it unsaid that he was gonna get another beer, he signaled for the waitress. "Or something to eat?"

She really did seem to work out or do some cardiovascular work. Abri had a healthy layer of light sweat, but wasn't out of breath or breaking down. Then again he'd found her out walking, so it made sense.

[Time: 11:30 - Midnight, Mittgar]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd September 2013, 4:52 pm

Abri liked to dance and figured she was decent enough at it. When her mother had been well, she'd loved to dance and would often dance around the house with Abri and her sister. Warm, she was glad the DJ was taking a break, it gave her a chance to cool off. Once she returned to the booth with Teague and he mentioned food, she realized that she was hungry. As usual she hadn't eaten when she'd gotten home from work, expecting to sleep, but now that she'd been awake for awhile, she was hungry.

Smiling at Teague, she nodded as he called over the waitress. "Sounds great actually, I'm starving." Grabbing the small menu from the edge of the table, she glanced at it while the waitress made her way over. "I'll take another Tornado and an order of fries, please." She waited while Teague ordered and then leaned back in her booth. "You know, you're a pretty good dancer. Do you go out to clubs or raves a lot?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 23rd September 2013, 6:16 pm

[POV: Teague Flannagan]

"Club sandwich with everything and a bastard to wash it down." Teague said without looking at the menu after he let Abri finish ordering.

And speaking of Abri, she was leaning back and casually stretching as she relaxed. Glistening beads of sweat shimmered on her skin from the lazy schizophrenic lights of the club. "You know, you're a pretty good dancer. Do you go out to clubs or raves a lot?"

Teague felt a spike in his blood and libido as he uncontrollably enjoyed the sight of Abri sitting across from him. "And rain is wet." his mind not entirely off that she looked good. So he took a calming breath, then chose to be a bit more honest. "Boxing helped with foot work, but my parents saddled me with a dance class hoping to straighten me out. Not sure how that turned out. How 'bout you? Where did you get the moves to go along with the rest?" Teague said waving his hand in Abri's direction "You know Looks, Brain, Wit, all the good stuff."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th September 2013, 5:04 pm

"How 'bout you? Where did you get the moves to go along with the rest?" Teague said waving his hand in Abri's direction "You know Looks, Brain, Wit, all the good stuff."

Abri smiled at him and played with a frayed edge on the back of the bench seat. She thought she saw interest in his eyes, attraction, but she wasn't sure. This was all kind of new to her and she wasn't even sure what to classify this as. Was it a date or just two people getting to know each other? Wasn't that what a date was in the first place? Confused and deciding to just play it all by ear, she focused back on his questions.

"I don't know about all of that, but thanks for the compliment anyway. As for dancing, my mother taught me." Her smile faded a bit and she dropped her hands to the table, spinning her empty glass around in circles, her eyes watching it. Talking about her mother still made her sad and guilty. She'd always felt like there was something she should have done to prevent her death.

"She loved to dance. My sister had never been interested in it, so it was our special thing. When it was just the two of us at home, she would put music on loud and we'd just dance around the house. She had some pretty good moves, nothing that I could pull off now, but she made it look so easy and graceful." Abri looked up at Teague and smiled, a little embarrassed. "Sorry, I went on a little trip down memory lane."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 30th September 2013, 6:36 pm

[POV: Teague Flannagan]

Abri finished apologizing trying to give one of those little fake smiles. You know, that kind that people give when their heart gives out but they want to reassure themselves more than the one they are smiling at. It was one of those kind of smiles, that Abri was giving Teague right this moment.

Teague had thought maybe about cutting her off and side-swiping her from that path best not traveled, but she had walked there and well, who was Teague to stop her?

He wished they had drinks and food but they would be a few minutes, so he found his hands without something to occupy them. His face scrunched up on one side as he shook his head and spoke, "Not a problem."

He leaned forward, his hands coming together and his pointer fingers steepled at his lips. "You know - " Teague's chin rested on his balled hands as he pointed to her drink.  "- that tornado has about sputtered out." His fingers pointed up over her head. "Miserable cloudy sky all over head, but you know what?"

Teague probably wasn't the best most fun guy ever. "If this had been a rave? Well the atmosphere would've tore threw all that." It was a little try at humor, and Teague had leaned back and put his arms on the top of the booth seats as he delivered it. "Sadly this is a club." With his hand he lazily waves a circle without raising it from the back of the booth's seat.

"I'll just have to put up a good front, press in close and drive the storms away." Luckily Teague's increasing blush at how much he was being sappy was hopefully covered by the lights. He was thoroughly embarrassed. There was a couple seconds of silence as he realized just how.... perverted that sounded, so he rushed forward. "You know with like, dance and stuff."

"Maker. I've drank one and I've already turned into blithering idiot myself." Teague laughed at himself, trying to put himself at ease. It was just like Abri and that smile, they did about the same thing: Not much.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th September 2013, 9:13 pm

The more he talked, the better she felt and the more real her smile became.  Abri could see that he was uncomfortable, but his words were so sweet she couldn't help it.  The DJ had yet to return, but a slower song came on the recorded music.  "You had better get started on clearing those clouds."  Sliding out of the booth, she took Teague's hand again and led him out to the dance floor.  Looping her arms over his shoulders, she moved in close as his arms wrapped around her waist and they started moving to the music.  For a brief moment she worried that she'd moved too quickly, but figured it didn't really matter.  

"I'll tell you a little secret, something I bet you'd never guess about me.  This is the first time I've slow danced with a guy."  That was mildly embarrassing to admit, but it put them on even footing now.  He'd been embarrassed by what he'd been saying and now they could be embarrassed together.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 30th September 2013, 9:32 pm

"You had better get started on clearing those clouds." And like that Abri was up and dragging him out on the dance floor, Teague mumbling a little joke about her cracking a whip.

It was on of those slower numbers, and she pretty much made sure she held her how she wanted. I wasn't like a tango or waltz or anything like that, just a nice and close slow dance. Kinda embarrassing but well, it was nice, so Teague just enjoyed.

Eventually she spoke though, "I'll tell you a little secret, something I bet you'd never guess about me.  This is the first time I've slow danced with a guy."

"Now you've made me all self-conscious. Makes me wish I had some mints to crunch on." Teague said as he maintained a proper placement of his hands. It helped she was in normal clothes and not a dress, that would make it harder. "Now I'll be that unlucky dope who doesn't get kissed cause his breath smells." he said feigning a hopeless depressed tone.  Teague gave Abri a small smile and a little silent chuckle letting her know he was just teasing. "I'm doing alright? At least I haven't stepped on your feet yet."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th September 2013, 10:30 pm

Abri laughed and dropped her forehead onto Teague's shoulder. They were about the same height, so it was a comfortable position while they swayed with the song. "We'll have to see about any kissing. I can tell you that if you don't get one it won't be because of your breath." Smiling she lifted her head. "You are doing good, no toes squished yet. Keep it up and we can keep going for another song." Humming along to the familiar song, she let herself feel calm. That was something she didn't have a lot of, calmness and even if she never saw Teague again, she would be grateful to him for giving it to her. She didn't have to worry about her job, her home, her smuggling. There was nothing but feeling him against her as they moved to the music.

Blushing slightly at the direction her thoughts were going, she tuned back into Teague. "So, do you have to work tomorrow? I hope not early, I don't want to keep you up."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 30th September 2013, 10:53 pm

[POV: Teague Flannagan -PC]

She teased him back, but continued the song. Thank goodness the DJ hadn't changed it yet, maybe it was just getting to the wind-down hours so they where making it more slow and casual than heated.

Teague was pretty aware of Abri nestled against him, just relaxed. It paid to have those dance classes, it kept him from being all tense. His eyes paying attention to the area around them, occasionally seeing the booth they had as they made their slow lazy circle on the floor.

Abri broke the comfortable silence with a question. "So, do you have to work tomorrow? I hope not early, I don't want to keep you up."  She seemed worried, actually wondering about him and if he had work.

Teague responded with a little shake of his head. "I've got a few more hours to spare." They finished another little circle, seems the food had arrived. "Take it you don't work weekends?" Thank the Maker he didn't promise McCorbin those extra hours.

Abri shook her head, before settling it back on Teague's shoulder. "Food's arrived if you want to eat, no rush though. This is nice too." He hugged her gently just once. The waitress was eying him though, girl was out for his money - greedy pants.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st October 2013, 10:40 pm

Lifting her head, she nodded and smiled. "Okay, let's eat, I'm pretty hungry." She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and pulled out of his arms. On the short walk back to the table, Abri glanced at Teague. "Thanks for the dance. I think you did a pretty good job of clearing some of those clouds." At first the metaphor had amused her, but now she realized how fitting it was.

Sliding into her seat, she glanced down at her plate and smiled, breathing in the smell of french fries. "I swear this is my favorite food, but I don't let myself eat them very often." She dipped a fry in ketchup and bit it in half. "Actually, these are some pretty good fries. Its hard to find good ones in some of the bars." She dug into her food and paused after a few minutes to take a drink of her tornado.

Looking at Teague while he ate, she smiled and set her glass down. "How's yours?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 2nd October 2013, 5:14 pm

"Okay, let's eat, I'm pretty hungry." And then boom, he was getting a kiss. It was only a peck on the check, but still it was surprising. So Teague was disarmed for a second as the little hamster inside his head tried to get the wheel going again.

It managed to get his feet going in the right direction after her. Sliding into his side of the booth he had the fleeting thought that she had just given him his kiss for the night, totally sneaky how she'd done it. Teague almost voiced a thought about it but decided not to, silence being a good idea probably.

Then the disarming master fencer Abri started talking about her fries. Lifting his sandwich to his mouth he took a bite, nothing special. So it turned out that she watched what she ate, not unusual for people who worked out or did sports. "I totally agree, they do have good fries here." He finished off his sandwich and slowly nursed his beer drinking it slow.

"How's yours?"

"The judges agree! Average marks across the board." Teague said sweeping his hand in the air sideways with his beer firmly in it. "About to be expected." He'd probably stop and pick something up on the way home, the food here wasn't all that great or all that cheap either.

"Now, they have amazing fish here." Teague had wished he had ordered it, but there would be other nights. "Totally worth shelling out a few extra creds for fries." They always severed fish with chips, which kids loved but the fries where a lot better.

"We've got some time to kill till our food settles, right? Right." Teague said sliding his half-full bottle across the table to his other hand. With a devilish grin and a jovial voice he gladly uttered the next most dreaded line ever: "Interrogation time."

Pointing the top of his Bastard to Abri, he signaled to her. "I'm starting this round, and I've got a stunning first round question." Teague nodded as he rose his bottle to his lips like it was a microphone. "First question Ms. Jamison, and yes I totally remembered your last name Abby." There had been a little bit of mind wracking to pull it up from the presses in his head, but he'd hopefully scored it right.

"Can I have your phone number?" He swung the bottle over to her lips, just like one of those newscasters, with a little grin.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd October 2013, 6:04 pm

"The judges agree! Average marks across the board." Abri kind of felt bad that she was enjoying her fries more than he'd enjoyed his sandwich, especially since the food here was so overpriced. Then Teague started talking about the fish here and he made it sound good. She was always cautious ordering fish anywhere and usually didn't. She preferred to make it herself, then she knew it was fresh and cooked properly. Some of these dives could get iffy with the fish.

Teague changed the subject and she tensed when he said interrogation time. That word made her nervous and it was a learned reaction to be wary of questions. Even though he was funny with the delivery, she took a breath and waited for something she couldn't answer.

"First question Ms. Jamison, and yes I totally remembered your last name Abby." She smiled warily, amused at him getting her last name right, but confused if he had meant to call her Abby or if he'd really forgotten. Abri leaned toward him doing it on purpose. If he was going to remember her last name from the one brief time he'd heard it tonight, then he obviously wouldn't mess up her first name.

"Can I have your phone number?" For a second she just looked at him, surprised by the question. Then she relaxed, the question disarming her. Raising an eyebrow, she leaned forward to talk into his beer "mic."

"Well, I have a condition on giving my phone number out. The person must know my first name."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 2nd October 2013, 6:16 pm

{POV: Teague Flannagan - PC]

"Well, I have a condition on giving my phone number out. The person must know my first name."

Teague puts a hand to his chest, faking mortification. "You wound me! Madam, how could I forget a name like yours? To even suggest a thing li-" His hand suddenly turning the 'Mic' towards himself. Teague looks down at his mic, his every expression showing surprise at this interloper's audacity. "How do you know you can trust me with such sensitive information, Ms Abri?" Teague said turning the tables and pointing the 'Mic' back to her. "For all you know I could be reading it off a teleprompter right this moment, or a cute floating neon sign. I wouldn't put it past me." Teague teased with a grin.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd October 2013, 7:59 pm

Abri laughed at Teague's teasing and took a sip of her drink, watching him closely. Setting her drink down, she took a fry and then slid the basket to the center of the table. "I feel like I need to look around behind me for a flashing neon sign." Chewing thoughtfully on her fry, she made a decision. "Okay, I'll give you my number. Now its my turn to ask a question, but first help me eat some of these fries. Given the chance I'd eat the whole thing and you'll think I'm a huge heifer."

Teague picked up a fry and satisfied, she quickly ate another. "Okay, my turn for a question. What do you do for a living? You mentioned having two jobs and that one was at a foundry, but can you elaborate on that for me? I guess I want to make sure my new friend isn't a pimp or something." Though technically she was a drug dealer, so who was she to judge other people's chosen profession.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 2nd October 2013, 8:33 pm

Teague chuckled as she twitched and had to stop herself from turning to look, it was adorable.

"Okay, I'll give you my number. Now its my turn to ask a question, but first help me eat some of these fries. Given the chance I'd eat the whole thing and you'll think I'm a huge heifer."

Teague looked at her dubiously, "Abri, I don't know who you where dancing with but my partner was a total fit hottie, so you can eat all the fries you want, on me." Girls totally always thought they were fat, Teague thought Abri needed her eyes checked maybe.  Still though he totally had to get some fries before she reneged on it. Score.

Next Abri took her turn, only fair. She chose to ask him about his work, well that was kinda boring but normal he guessed. "Wait a pimp? seriously? Well I don't have one of those cool hats if that's what you're asking." Teague said popping a few fries in his mouth. He chewed it over for a second.

"Well I work weekday mornings for the city. I drive around and do maintenence work on the utilities, usually ether. Sometimes we get slow, do some landscaping but it often is just trash clean up on the roads. Totally boring." Teague explained vaguely.

"Now McCorbin, he'd my other boss. I got back from my shift over there. He makes I beams and makes lots of the metal framework to spec for lots of the bridges and roads around town. I work for him in the evenings later in the week. Thursdays to Sunday. I decided to not take an extra shift tomorrow, so I could enjoy the company." Teague finished with a smile, "Can't complain anyway."
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd October 2013, 11:54 pm

Abri blushed at his compliment. She didn't know about being a hottie, but she appreciated it nonetheless. She was liking Teague more and more and was having no second thoughts about giving him her number. He was sweet and honest, it was refreshing to meet someone not trying to hide.

A twinge of guilt went through her as she was hiding something. But giving this up would mean her life and it would be only someone she trusted with that life she told her secret to. It was much too early to tell if Teague would be that person. She hoped that he, or anyone, would become close enough to her to tell. Abri wanted to tell someone, to ease her burden and share it with someone else. Focusing back on Teague, she listened as he talked about his jobs.

Smiling, she snagged one of the last few fries. "Sounds like you're busy. It also sounds like you aren't really very excited about your jobs. Are either of them what you want to be doing?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 3rd October 2013, 12:25 pm

"Sounds like you're busy. It also sounds like you aren't really very excited about your jobs. Are either of them what you want to be doing?"

Teague shrugged as he ate another pinch of fries. Always evenually got down to the little ones on the bottom. "Can't really say, both are good jobs. Both pay for my force usage, so what can I complain?" That was the truth, Forcers had a hard enough time finding jobs that could use their powers. Often they just fell out of use, many stopped even keeping practice once they could control it.

A little light-bulb clicked in his head and he realized she totally was asking all the questions. "So Abri, what do you do?" Teague didn't level the 'Mic' in her direction instead deciding to finish off the drink and set the bottle down. "You're not like some secret service spy or something right? That is if you can even tell me." Teague said with a wink.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th October 2013, 4:52 pm

Smiling slyly, Abri took a sip of her drink. "Well, if I tell you, I'll have to kill you. Is that a choice you're willing to make?" She tried to keep her serious expression, but couldn't and started laughing. "Nothing as dramatic as that. I'm not a spy or anything. I work in a lab in an ether refinery, testing." She shrugged and took a fry. "See, not really all that interesting. A boring desk job that requires none of my force, so it doesn't really pay for it."

Smiling, she crossed her arms and leaned on the table. "Okay, my question now. I'm hoping that the obvious conclusion is the truth, but I'm going to ask anyway. Do you have a girlfriend?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 7th October 2013, 5:05 pm

Abri smiled and it totally came off as a sly smirk as she sipped her second tornado.  "Well, if I tell you, I'll have to kill you. Is that a choice you're willing to make?"

"No! I can't handle the truth!" Teague blurted out and covered his ears. He wasn't sure if that was what made her burst into laughter or just having to hold sure a serious expression.

She did however go into explaining about what she did, and Teague listened instead of trying to keep up the joke. A person had to know when not to drag things out, just like in boxing.

"Okay, my question now. I'm hoping that the obvious conclusion is the truth, but I'm going to ask anyway. Do you have a girlfriend?" Teague immediately got clued in on Abri's interest. The girl was leaning in, and staring him down for an answer.... still with that devilish smile.

Drawing his eyes away from certain features of Abri that she had practically put just a touch of attention to he smiled back. "First, that sucks. About the job I mean." Teague pointed at the guys keeping the place safe. "You could always take their job, ya know." It held some merit, and Teague might have elaborated if he wasn't trying to guess her bust size.

Copying her body posture, Teague too leans in. "How old did you think I was again? Just teasing." He said leaning back. "Most girls assume the same, so I only get the girls way too young to be interesting or mature. Girls don't much like the hours I pull, puts off most." Teague shrugged dismissively, "So yep, Obvious." he leaned his head back and looked up above him. "Huh, Expected the Neon if you know what I mean. Something reading: Single. Loser. Something."  
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top