Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City: Mittgar

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City:  Mittgar - Page 3 Empty City: Mittgar

Post by JerriLeah7 15th July 2013, 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

City:  Mittgar - Page 3 5k2fbm

City Name:  Mittgar (Mit -- garr)
Country/Territory:  ICM
Government Style:  Communistic Dictatorship
Population:  37,498 Registered Residents
Tech Level:  Advanced --  Moderate Reliance on Ether Technology
Trade:  Ether, Ether Technology

Mittgar is the "City of Skyscrapers," or also known as the "Colossus of the ICM."  It is the largest city within Aria at this time.  Only the Elven Hinterland shows anywhere close to having as much of a population or a lack of space.  The necessity of the population remaining within Mittgar is due to the volcanic activity within the region, which makes most of the available land inhospitable from the dry heat.  

Towering factories and industries fill the night sky to such heights that one cannot see the majority of the building when looking up from its base.  Regrettably, very little of the night sky can be seen from the streets of Mittgar due to light pollution.  Over half the world's Industrial Ether Technology hails from ICM.  The predominant mode of travel is by train, many hubs throughout the city's infrastructure, although there are many roads for company vehicles.  Mittgar is constantly filled with the noise and bustling activity of its factories and transportation.  

Single, private dwellings do not exist here, though there are many businesses that a single family can own the building for and incidentally live in.  The majority of the population, however, lives within apartments and motel-styled complexes for living, regardless of whether or not they own their particular room or simply rent it.  The land in Mittgar is an almost non-existent commodity and those that do own it typically set up housing to make profit.  

Every decade or so, the ICM auctions off available land and strictly regulates the maximum amount purchasable by any one individual or family.  This land generates income as well as steadily expands Mittgar as its technology improves for land reclamation.  Mittgar also houses the most extensive network of utilities and Ether pipelines that appear often throughout its city structure.  Much of the ICM's Ether shipping is done here, where its Ether is directly packaged for shipment from the constant supply of the Ether Refineries.  

Mittgar was one of the partner cities that assisted in creating Ether Meters and starting node of the Ether Registry.  Though the registry now encompasses may other countries and has registry owned facilities throughout Aria, the primary Registry database is rumored to be located here.  Not much else is known of the database of the registry, itself, nor is its exact location within the city.

Additionally, many companies and employers offer health benefits that are subsidized by the ICM to treat and maintain the health of the citizens of Mittgar.  The air of the ICM is slightly toxic due to the volcanic activity of nearby volcanoes and the factory and industry of ICM.  The air here is usually darker, thicker, and hazy--ones eyes must adjust to living here in order to see properly.  Many wear goggles or respiratory masks if dwelling on the streets for long periods to minimalism health concerns.  Any tourist will notice the lack of natural light, a difficulty in breathing and seeing, and will be warned of various health advisories when entering ICM territory.  

Last edited by Stryker on 18th October 2013, 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

City:  Mittgar - Page 3 Empty Re: City: Mittgar

Post by Guest 21st October 2013, 8:07 pm

{Attn: Teague, open}

Copying her body posture, Teague too leans in. "How old did you think I was again? Just teasing." He said leaning back. "Most girls assume the same, so I only get the girls way too young to be interesting or mature. Girls don't much like the hours I pull, puts off most." Teague shrugged dismissively, "So yep, Obvious." he leaned his head back and looked up above him. "Huh, Expected the Neon if you know what I mean. Something reading: Single. Loser. Something."

"Oh, no, Teague, that's not what I meant by obvious. Dammit, I'm sorry. What I meant was that since you're flirting with me, invited me out, danced with me and I can see what kind of guy you are already, it was obvious you must not have another relationship. I didn't want to assume you were single even though I was pretty sure you weren't the kind to cheat on a girl." She looked down and picked up one of the last fries, though she didn't eat it. "I'm sorry if I made you feel like a loser, that was certainly not my intent." Embarrassed now, she pulled her lower lip between her teeth. "In fact, I think you're anything but a loser."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 21st October 2013, 8:50 pm

[ATTN: Abri, Open]
[POV: Teague Flannagan - PC]

There was one unspoken rule in the Flannagan house, and that was never to interrupt a woman when talking... No, wait, it was a spoken rule.

So that's how it went. Teague listened kinda sorry for his little bit of self pity, after all she hadn't killed the mood was his fault. 'So what to do?' Now that was a question. He absentmindedly ripped some paper with his fingers as Abri was looking at her plate. 'She might go for some more fries' That though however was tossed out when Teague remembered that she had mentioned watching what she ate.

He toyed sliding the paper back and forth with his fingers as the girl even apologized. Part of him wished that the straw he brought to his lips was a cigarette or something.

"Well the night is young." Teague said drawing in a breath and giving his 'cig' a puff.

Abri got out a whole sentence, and it went something like: "In fact, I think you're anything but a loser."  However something climatic occurred.

Just as she finished the sentence a paper straw wrapper pegged her right in the forehead, shot of course by Mister self-pity himself.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st October 2013, 9:06 pm

Gasping, she brought her hand to her forehead.  The shot of paper hadn't hurt, obviously, but it had surprised her.  A lot.  Her mouth open in shock, she just stared at Teague, not entirely sure what to say or how to feel.  "I cannot believe you just did that."  Folding her arms on the table, she laid her head down, her shoulders shaking.  Shaking her head on her arms, she laughed, feeling stupid and amused both at the same time.  Looking up at him, her eyes wet with tears of laughter, she gave him a rueful smile.  "There I am, trying to be serious and apologize and flirt back.  What do I get?  Shot right between the eyes."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 21st October 2013, 9:24 pm

[Attn: Abri, Open]

Ohhh the face was just PRICELESS!

"Well seems the Happiness fairy not only is out of ammo but seems to have fired a bit prematurely." Teague chuckles. "Now to be fair I can foot the bill, and give you a chance to get back at me."

Leaning forward he raises a finger and quirks an eyebrow. "That is, if you're game enough." His blowgun flicking up and down as he chewed it a bit.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st October 2013, 10:35 pm

Her lips quirked and she raised an eyebrow in return, considering her next move.  "Oh, I'm game.  But what I have in mind shouldn't...can't be done here.  Why don't you take care of our bill and we'll get out of here."  Daring him with her eyes, she tilted her head as she watched him.  "Unless you're chicken?"  Oh, she was going to get him back for the paper to the forehead during an already embarrassing moment for her.  And, well, maybe she would have a little fun on the way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 22nd October 2013, 8:20 pm

"Oh, I'm game.  But what I have in mind shouldn't...can't be done here.  Why don't you take care of our bill and we'll get out of here." She countered without hesitation, and though Teague's blood had cooled down from earlier; well let's just say if a girl delivers that kind of speech it doesn't just fall on deaf ears.

"Unless you're chicken?"

She didn't just say what he thought she said, did she? Teague looked at her momentarily stunned trying to regain his mental balance. He rose from the booth, pushing up from the counter with both hands in a controlled rise. "Don't run off while I pay the bill." Teague said as he grinned a little to himself and a bit to her while making his way to the bar.

He'd gotten his head back out of the clouds and his feet settled back on firm mother earth as he got to the register. Reaching behind him to his butt he undid the button the kept his pocket closed, and his wallet secure. "A pair of Tornadoes, A Bastard, an Idiot, Club with a side of fries." He mumbled out what almost sounded like the start of a horrible joke as he thumbed open his wallet and paid for the meal.

Teague received his change and put cash-creds into the tip jar before making it back to the booth, tucked his wallet away and retrieved his coat. "After you Abri." He said on their way out and he hip bumped the door open and held it with a foot.

Outside it ash was drifting down like grey snow, wasn't unusual. Teague followed her out into the night, noticing her white blouse. The ash made it hard to wear bright colors or clean whites without it getting ruined. The night air was crisp by Mittgar standards anyway. Putting both hands into his coat pockets he contemplated the night.

"So what's the plan? I think I'd rather wait for the second date to let you shoot me with baseballs." Then as an after thought he added, "You cold? I can let you borrow my jacket." His hands opening the jacket to the sides as an offer.

[Current Time: Sometime after 1:00 AM, Saturday - Mittgar]
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd October 2013, 9:42 pm

It was cooler than it had been and since she hadn't planned on being out this late, she hadn't brought a jacket. She started to refuse, able to handle the chill, but then decided against it. Smiling, she stepped closer to him and slipped her arm under his and around his waist, leaning in close. Now his arm was over her shoulders and the jacket around both of them. "There, now neither of us have to be cold." Hiding her laughter by not looking at him, she started walking toward her home, amused by this whole night. "I'm not telling what the plan is. You caught me by surprise and I'm determined to surprise you back." Abri couldn't wait to see his face when he saw what she had in store for him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 28th October 2013, 7:09 pm

They had walked the streets to the nearest rail station. Teague had offered to buy her ticket but Abri had politely refused even going so far as to buy his ticket to keep him further off guard on where they were headed. It did make him a bit nervous over the whole thing.

She had sat right next to him on the train, and had refused to answer his attempt to find out where she was taking him. All he had gotten for his effort was a mischievous smile and a smug "You'll see."

Abri walked at his side with his arm through his, which was all and all a pleasant occurrence. She all but was leading him through what he was pretty sure was the same neighborhood he had met her earlier.

By the time Abri turned Teague onto her home's street the ash had stopped falling. Though it was not unusual to be caught in these ash storms, Abri's hair looked like pepper sprinkled with salt. The sight made Teague smirk, heck his hair probably looked like a ton of salt with a dashing of pepper. 'We're a pair of dinner table accessories' he thought chagrined.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th October 2013, 7:40 pm

After the train ride, it didn't take them long to reach her house and she was surprisingly warm even with the chill. There wasn't much speaking with their respirators on, but they didn't really need much conversation. Leading Teague up the stairs of her home, she used her key to go in the back door which led straight into the kitchen. Abri closed the door behind them and pulled off her respirator, shaking the ash loose from her hair.

"Well, this is my place. Make yourself at home." Setting her respirator on the counter, she looked around her small kitchen and smiled. This was the house she'd grown up in and she still loved the light yellow walls, the faded blue tile on the counters which matched the blue curtains over the small window. She and her mother had spent the most time in this room together, when she hadn't been with her father in the basement, or what he liked to call his training room. "Okay, stay here, I'm going to go get ready." She smiled and motioned to the small table and two chairs set next to it.

Leaving the room, she laughed, already anticipating his face when he saw what she had planned. Running upstairs to her room, she went to the closet and got out what she needed. Back on the main level of the house, she went to the living room, pushing aside the couch and chairs, clearing enough room in the middle of the tile floor. Setting everything out, she took a breath and then went to the kitchen.

"Ready." Taking Teague's hand, she pulled him from the kitchen and into the living room, covering his eyes with her other hand as they went through the door. Stopping at the edge of the open area she'd set up, she turned out of Teague's way so he could see.

On the floor in the center of the room was her old game of Twister.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 28th October 2013, 8:54 pm

[POV: Teague Flannagan -PC]

They came up through the back door into her kitchen. First thing Teague noticed was the quiet. No not the yellow walls or Blue counters, he noticed how quiet her purifier over the door was.

"Well, this is my place. Make yourself at home." she said after shaking her hair out and before tossing her respirator on the counter.

"Alright, will do." Teague said as he pulled his respirator up and off his face. Once free he ran his hand through his hair and frazzled his hair to get some of the ash out.

Abri told him to hold tight and pointed for him to sit down as she dashed off to get what ever it was ready. Teague walked towards the chair taking in the room. The place spoke of being old, but by far it was all the space that spoke how expensive this place was.

He lifted his hand up and looked at the cartridges on his respirator so he wouldn't look around too much. 'Pink' he noted and made a mental note to change them once he got home. There was some noise coming from what was probably the bedroom. That got some of that good old blood going south, and his mind wondering just what exactly was up to.

"Ready." Abri said suddenly appearing in the kitchen just before pulling him after her. He got to notice she wasn't wearing anything different before she covered his eyes and dragged him into the living room.

Then she circled out of the way, waving with her hand with a "ta-da" kind of gesture.

Teague looked at the living room.... this place, this house was huge. Then he noticed all the pushed aside furniture and then lastly the mat on the floor. It was covered with different colored circles, and had the big red letters "TWISTER" all over it.

"So um.." Teague said looking around and spotting the spinner. So it was a game. "So how do we play?" His lack of recognition evident by the awkward expression plastered on his face that he was trying to cover over with a smile.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 4th December 2013, 7:29 pm

This role-play is now closed due to the following reasons:

1. MethosArchaic no longer has time to assist as RPM.
2. Several members have voiced an opinion of keeping it private within a smaller group, defeating the purpose of this RP.
3. Inactivity; inability to get a response from inactive members.
4. Christmas Holidays require the use of the RPG stylesheet, which is currently being used by this role-play.
5. Several inactive members have implied or stated that they will not return in the near future.

This role-play may come back as a smaller role-play. No further massive role-plays will be run by Leah7 on this forum ever again. There is not enough people that are willing to work together outside of their normal, small cliques to make this kind of role-play work--especially for one of this scale. As such, never expect to see this style of role-play again, but you may see this setting again, if you are invited.

==> Moved to Role-Play Archives
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3