Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race for the Throne

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 30 Empty Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 15th February 2014, 8:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jasmine put the last of her clothes away. She was lucky that she had her own room. Her brothers all shared the rest. She knows that her parents will want to head to the castle tomorrow to tell the Sentali's they are home. Her mom and Aunt Kali are still close as ever. Uncle Iverson is a decent guy. She holds up the coral she got for Serena. It is a pretty pink one.

Serena, or Her Royal Highness Princess Serena Grace Sentali, is one of her best friends. Although since they have been going to Moldova more, their friendship has been strained a little. Still she cannot wait to see her.

She leaves her room and is jumped on by Daniel. He is the youngest of the Lane kids. Jasmine loves her brothers, but every once in a while she wishes she had a sister. Serena is so lucky. “Come on Danny let's go outside and check on the greenhouse.”

She puts Daniel on her back and goes downstairs. Nathaniel is in the kitchen with their mom, Madeline. They are making a quick dinner. “I see that Daniel got you. Are you guys hungry? Mom and I are making something yummy.”

“Ohh what are you making?” Daniel asks.

“Something you will like.” Madeline tells him.

“I am going to take Daniel outside and get some of this energy out of him.” Jasmine tells them. She leaves with Daniel still on her back.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 30 Empty Re: Race for the Throne

Post by Luna 21st March 2014, 12:46 am

Serena kisses Vincent goodnight before going to bed herself. She was looking forward to getting back on the road. The only thing she wasn't looking forward to was camping again. She wrinkled her nose at the thought.

She finishes and goes to bed. She sighs knowing this would be her last night in a real bed for a few nights.

Morning comes and everyone is up and about. Serena dresses in her riding gear and sighs knowing that she will feel better when she gets out. She sees a guard at the door and lets them know her things are all packed that if they would just make sure that everything got to her horse. She then walks out and sees everyone else including Nadine.

"Good morning everyone, are we ready to get back on the road?" Serena asked.

Nathaniel looks like he didn't sleep to well. "Nathaniel are you alright this morning? Need a massage? I know Vincent is an excellent one." she said winking at Vincent.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st March 2014, 5:18 am

Jasmine wakes up and puts on her riding gear as well. She packs her bags setting them by the door. She meets everyone in the hall. "I hope everyone got some rest. Now lets get some food before leaving."

They all walk to the dining room and find it full. It seems everyone made it to see them off. They find their places and sit down. Robertson is at the head of the table. "I hope everyone is well rested. I instructed the guards to pack your bags on the horses. Nathaniel, I am not sure if you want yours to go on the Moldovan or Rosarion carriage. I must say I am somewhat disappointed."

Everyone barring Junaluska inhales sharply. Nadine gets a pleasant smirk on her face. One down, one more to go.

Jasmine looks at her twin. "Nathaniel, what does he mean? Are you...are you leaving us?"

Nathaniel sighs giving Robertson the stinkeye. "Jassy, yes I am..."

Jasmine sets her utensils down before Nathaniel can continue. She refuses to get emotional in front of everyone. "Please excuse me...I...need some air." She stands and rushes from the room.

Vincent looks at Serena. He does not know what to make of this. He doesn't want to go back home. He wants to stay with Serena. Hopefully he will be allowed to continue this journey to protect the girls.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 21st March 2014, 7:45 am

Serena looks at Vincent and then at Nathaniel. “I should go talk to her.” She said. She was afraid that Vincent would have to leave. She bit her lower lip.

“No I will go talk to her.” Nathaniel said. He looks at the others. “I just don’t think that being a king is right for me. I wouldn’t be happy and you can’t make a good king if you don’t want to do the job, right Junaluska?”

“That’s right. I know Jasmine is sad, but there are things she will have to do in her life without her brother. I know it might be hard for her but this will be the first step for her if she wants to be able to one day be queen.” Junaluska said. She watches as Nathaniel goes to see his sister.

Justin was sitting beside of Vincent. “If it is alright with Queen Junaluska I would like for you to continue on Vincent. The girls need someone to protect them. Prince Anton alone can’t do it.” he said.

Junaluska smiled and nodded her head. “Absolutely, if it weren’t for the two of you gentlemen traveling with them we would have guards with them instead. Please Vincent, go with them and learn from this experience as well. If you one day want to be with Serena for the rest of her life then you need to learn from this as well.”

Robertson looks at Junaluska. “You approve of their relationship?”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st March 2014, 8:04 am

Nathaniel leaves and goes to Jasmine. He finds her in the halls. “Jassy, I know you are upset.”

“Why didn't you tell me at least? I am your sister.” Jasmine stares at him.

“I wasn't going to tell anyone until I had to.” Nathaniel counters. “Jasmine, I would never be happy as King. I didn't realize it fully until coming here. I didn't tell you this, but Grandma and Grandpa offered me Mallory's.”

Jasmine wipes her tears. “I should have known. Nathaniel, I am not mad or upset at you. I am just...well scared maybe. My whole life I can count on you to be my wingman. Now you are leaving me.”

Nathaniel pulls her into a hug. “I know you will be just fine. Do me a favor though, kick Nadine's ass. Seriously don't let her walk all over you.”

“Has anyone ever walked all over me?” Jasmine chokes through tears.

~~~~~~~

Junaluska nods. “Of course I approve of this relationship. I have been around both of them since they were babies. Vincent is a fine young man, and if there is anything I have learned is that royal blood is not different than common blood.”

Vincent looks over at Justin and Junaluska. “I would be happy to continue with the journey. That is if the others will have me.”

Anton nods. “I would rather have a skilled man who I am friendly with than faceless guards.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 21st March 2014, 8:38 am

Serena takes Vincent’s hand under the table and smiles. “Thank you so much. I would feel safer knowing that Vincent was with us.” She squeezed his hand under the table.

Robertson looked like he was going to say something when Albertson looked at his son. “My sister’s words ring true son. If you want a happy nation then you should think of all the people as your equals. If you begin to treat then wrong and continue on the path that you are on then nations will not respect you, especially those with female rulers.”

Robertson looks at his father. “I hope have much more to learn. Apparently you never get to old to learn. I am sorry Serena, and to you as well Vincent. I pray your journey is safe.”

Nathaniel holds Jasmine for a little while longer. “No one has ever walked all over you before and they never will. Jasmine I love you and I know that you can do this. Come on; let’s get something to eat before we have to leave.” He holds her till she calms down before they walk back into the dining room. Breakfast was just beginning to wrap up.

Robertson was just giving the guard’s some instructions on where to put Vincent’s things when they walked back in. “Jasmine, I want to apologize to you. I am sorry for the way I have treated you while you were in my country. I have much to learn and I hope my father can help me learn. I pray your journeys are safe in whatever you choose to do with your life.” He said. They begin to walk towards the carriage house.

“I had my staff provide enough food for you for two days. I hope it will do. Jasmine, I had them pack you a to go breakfast as well. The horses have been rubbed down and well taken care of. There are some oats in your packs as well for them.” Robertson said.

Serena walks over to Robertson and hugs him. “Thank you for letting us stay here Robertson. I know our paths are intertwined and we will see each other once again.” She walks over to Albertson and hugs him gently. “If I don’t get to see you again I love you Uncle Albertson. You are a great man and will always be in my memories.”

Albertson smiles and hugs her in return from his wheelchair. “You are a bright young woman. I know you will lead your nation to greatness someday. Jasmine, Nadine may the goddess bless each of you on this journey. I pray that she chooses the best leader for Moldova and that you both have success in your lives. You each have the makings for a great leader within you and you have everything around you to make that so. It is only if you reach and take what the goddess has given you that you will succeed in life.” He said. He shakes their hands each in turn.

Junaluska smiles and looks at Nathaniel. “Your parents are in Rosario right now, but they are due in Moldova for an event next week. If you would rather come with me I think it would be a surprise to them to see you, in Moldova.”

Justin hugs his son. “You take care of yourself and help the ladies. Each of them will need you and Anton’s help. You are a good man and have much to learn. I am glad that I could see you before we each had to leave. Serena, I will tell your parents that you are well. Good luck on your way to Altier. Prince Anton, Princess Nadine, it was good to see each of you. I pray your journeys are filled with great adventure.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st March 2014, 10:40 am

Jasmine releases her brother and they return to the dining hall. Breakfast was getting cleaned up and everyone was leaving. Robertson approaches her and once again apologizes. She bows politely. “Majesty, I thought we have been over this. I learned a lot from my visit and I look forward to returning in the future.” She wanted to add 'as the Moldovan Queen', but considering Nadine was with her she declined.

They walk down to the stable house where their horses were packed and ready to go. King Robertson says his good byes. One of the servants hands Jasmine a small bag. Serena says her good byes to Albertson and Robertson. The others follow at first Jasmine was surprised that Vincent was going with them. After brief consideration, she figures it makes sense. Jasmine goes over to Nathaniel one more time and gives him a hug. “Take care of Mom and Dad. I will see you shortly.” Her eyes fill with water again.

Vincent hugs Justin. “Don't worry Dad, I will watch over them.” He goes over to Nathaniel and shakes his hand. “I will see you later. Don't worry I will keep my eye on Jasmine too. And next time we are in Moldova, dinner is on you.” He winks. He goes over to help Serena on her horse.

Nadine is the first on to her horse. She waits for the other blabber on. One Lane brat is gone, now to work on the other one. Grandfather cannot say anything if they both quit this race.

Jasmine gets on her horse and wipes her eyes. Anton brings his horse next to hers. “Are you alright Jasmine. I know this must be hard for you.”

Jasmine flashes a crooked smile. “I will be Anton thank you.”

Finally all five are on the horses and the speed off. Nathaniel stays there waving until the horses are out of sight. “I will go with you Lady Junaluska. I don't want to meet up with my parents right away.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 21st March 2014, 7:31 pm

Vincent helps Serena onto her horse. She looks at everyone as they say their goodbyes. She smiles and they get on their way. They make it out of the city limits and Nadine is out ahead of them. Serena sighs and looks at Vincent. “I am really glad you are coming with us Vincent. I was afraid they would tell you that you couldn’t come.”

Nadine can hear them talk behind her and rolls her eyes. Even Anton is playing suck up to Jasmine and it really nauseates her. She cannot stand them.

Anton looks at Jasmine and smiles at her. “I will be here for you if you need me Jasmine. That is what friends are for.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st March 2014, 7:46 pm

“Thank you Anton.” Jasmine tells him. They continue on their way with Nadine in the lead. This time she want to get to Altiere as soon as possible. Everyone is lost in their own worlds barring Vincent and Serena. Jasmine is trying to be strong, but each clip clop leads her away from Nathaniel.

They stop for lunch and a quick break. The guys each help the ladies off their horses. Jasmine goes over to the stream and refills her canteen. Nadine quickly joins her. “Poor Jasmine, your brother left you to fend for yourself. Well may the best woman win.” She hold out her hand.

Jasmine looks at her oddly and takes her hand. It is a back handed remark. “Sometimes it is stronger to follow your dreams rather than the path others laid in front of you.”

Vincent brushed his horse looking over at Nadine and Jasmine. “Why is she even here, we both know that Jasmine will be the better ruler.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 21st March 2014, 7:55 pm

Serena drinks some water from her canteen as she looked towards Jasmine and Nadine. “Because she is a bitch Vincent. All Nadine cares about anymore is getting things her way, and not only that but seeking revenge. She will do anything if it means pissing you off. Anton why you decided to become her adviser I will never know.” She said.

Anton looks up at Serena as he finished up his lunch. “I’m starting to wonder myself.” He said looking towards Jasmine and Nadine.

Serena gets up and begins to brush her horse down. “I hope we get back on the road in a moment. I wonder where we are camping this time.”

A few minutes later and everyone is back on their horses again. They are on their way to Altier. Serena looks at Nadine. “So where are we camping tonight and how far is it to the royal city in Altier?” she asked.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st March 2014, 8:04 pm

Nadine looks back at her. “I would show you if you could read a map. You better send up your boyfriend so I can show him.”

Vincent rolls his eyes. “Don't say anything, I will check it out.” He takes his horse over to Nadine. She takes out the map. “This is where we are now. This is where I want to camp tonight.” She points at the map. “I want to make it into Altiere tomorrow, but we have to travel across the country before we make it to the castle. Now depending how Lady Serena can ride that means it may take another two days.”

Vincent nods. “I am glad you are taking the more direct route this time.” He motions to go back to Serena.

Nadine stops him. “You can do better than her.”

Anton travels next to Jasmine, but she is not saying anything. It is very unusual because she is a talkative person. He tries to bring her into conversations, but it does not work. Maybe she will be better when they set up camp.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 21st March 2014, 8:11 pm

Serena sighs and looks around. The sun at least is high in the sky and it’s not too hot. She watches Vincent with Nadine for a moment before looking away. She wonders what Nadine is telling him. She wants to get closer so she can hear but at the same time she doesn’t want to be with Nadine. All she ever has to say is negative things.

Anton sighs. He rides up closer to Serena. “Does Jasmine always get like this when she is sad?”

“She is shocked Anton. She has spent her whole life with Nathaniel and they have always done things together. They are twins. You would feel lost too if your twin suddenly wasn’t there.” Serena replied. They ride back towards Jasmine together.

“Jasmine, Vincent is currently finding out where we are camping tonight. Are you going to go hunting with him?” She asked trying to get her to talk. She didn’t think it would be much help though.

Anton shook his head and looked at Serena as Jasmine didn’t really reply as if she was in her own little world.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st March 2014, 8:43 pm

Vincent narrows his eyes at Nadine. "I don't understand what you have against her, but I cannot." He goes back to Serena and Anton who are trying to get Jasmine to talk. "The area we are camping is by a lake. Jasmine I bet it is pretty."

"I don't mind hunting as long as I don't have to clean." Jasmine finally answers flatly. "I don't have my paints. Black and white will not do a sunset justice. Guys I am alright really, I am just not talkative."

"Don't worry I will clean whatever we hunt." Vincent volunteers.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 21st March 2014, 8:51 pm

A few hours pass and they finally reach the area where Nadine wants to camp. Serena sighs as Vincent helps her off her horse. Anton helps both Nadine and Jasmine off of theirs. “I am so stiff, ugh I feel like I am good for nothing.” Serena said.

“That’s probably because you are good for nothing.” Nadine said sticking her nose up. She walks over and gets her horse ready for the night. She then begins to get the camping gear down.

“Thanks Nadine…You only know how to make things worse don’t you.” Serena said. She sighed and began to help get things read. She was dragging herself around however as she helped Nadine to put up the tent.

Both Jasmine and Vincent get their gear and go hunting leaving everyone else back at camp. Serena was a little worried about her but didn’t want to make it too noticeable. She watched as they left the camp.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st March 2014, 9:30 pm

Anton goes to collect some firewood for the night. The watches are going to be odd. One of them will have to be alone or one will have to do a double watch. When he gets back to camp, it is quiet. Nadine and Serena are glaring at one another. They have the tent set up. Anton removes his items from the horse. “You guys did a good job setting up camp. I will get the fire started.

~~~~~~~~

Vincent and Jasmine are setting up at the stream. “Jassy we are worried about you.”

“Vincent I am fine. I just need to adapt without Nathaniel. You guys don't understand. He's been a part of my life forever. Through everything I did, he's helped me. I am alone now facing the biggest challenge of my life.”

“You are not alone, we are here for you. Serena, Anton, and I are here to help.” Vincent places his hand on her shoulder.

“I know you are, but it is not the same.” Jasmine sighs and pulls in another fish. “I don't expect you to.”

Soon they have enough fish for everyone. Vincent cleans them as best he can. They head back to camp.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd March 2014, 4:17 pm

Nadine’s eyes never leave from Serena’s. “We would have been finished sooner had someone not dragged their feet the whole time.”

“Why not just call me lazy or anything but beat around the bush Nadine. Just admit you hate me and get it over with.” Serena said angrily.

Anton looks at the girls. “I don’t think that arguing is going to help the situation any.” He explained. He began to set up the fire. He had it lit in no time.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd March 2014, 4:33 pm

Jasmine walks in and hears them arguing. "I can't put up with that right now." She goes over to the tent and digs in her bag. Inside she sees a small box. She opens it and it has spices in it with instructions from Nathaniel. She takes the box and brings it out to Vincent. "He left behind his spices. She bites her bottom lip.

Vincent glares in between the ladies. "Wow Jasmine that is great. Hey Serena why don't you come over here and help me spice up the fish."

Nadine snorts. "Well if she screws it up we have the rations that Albertson gave us."

Jasmine goes over to Nadine. "Why don't you just shut up. This journey is hard enough without your negativity. Serena is not perfect, but she is trying hard."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd March 2014, 4:48 pm

Serena’s lower lip quivers. “What have I even done to you Nadine?” She gets up and walks over to Vincent. “I better not touch the fish; apparently I am going to kill everyone if I do.” She said.

Anton looks up and sighs. “Come on everyone. I don’t see why everyone is in such a glum mood. We should be in great spirits. We are camping in a great area and are on our way to Altier.” He explained. “Tonight during watches I don’t think that Serena and Nadine to share the watch though.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd March 2014, 4:56 pm

Vincent shows her the instructions that Nathaniel left. "I think even your mom can follow these." He brushes her hair with her fingertips. "Don't let her intimidate you. It is exactly what she is trying to do. Sure you are not doing things as quickly as the rest of us, but you are doing better than anyone expected."

Jasmine nods. "I think you are right Anton. Maybe we should let her have a watch by herself since she is proving to be the difficult one. You can set up the rest of the watches. I am going to sit by the fire."

"I don't mind being by myself. Unlike some, I don't need my big brother to hold my hand." Nadine grumbles as Jasmine walks away. She pulls Anton to him. "Why don't you have a watch with Vincent and let the two girls have watch together?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd March 2014, 5:09 pm

Serena sighed and helped Vincent with the fish. She put them on the grill and then looked up at him. “Thanks Vincent, but that doesn’t really make me feel any better.”

Anton looks at Nadine and shrugs his shoulders. “I will ask then and see, but I thought I would talk with Jasmine and make sure she is alright. She is upset.” He said.

Nadine rolls her eyes. “Just take the watch with her. I’m certain that big boy over there will want to take the watch with his little girl friend.”

Anton rolls his eyes and walks over to them. “Nadine will take the first watch by herself. Jasmine, you and I will take the second watch and the last watch can be Vincent and Serena.” He said. “How does that sound?”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd March 2014, 5:24 pm

Vincent smiles at Serena. “What can I do to make you forget about what she says about you?” It is then Anton comes over with the watch schedule. “That sounds perfect. So are you up for a watch duty with me?”

“Just make sure you do more watching than cuddling.” Nadine chides. “Then again what do I care, go ahead and get her knocked up. It would be fun to see what Iverson does with that crisis.”

Jasmine stands up. “I am going to the tent. I need to clear my head.”

Anton's eyes follow her. “I will let her know when the food is ready.

“It will only be a few more minutes. It doesn't take long for fish to cook.” Vincent tells him.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd March 2014, 5:34 pm

Serena smiles. “I would like that.” She said to Vincent. She rolls her eyes as she hears Nadine talk. “Nadine you are such an asshole. Why don’t you just keep your mouth shut? I am smarter then I look you know.”

She looks at Anton. “I hope you are able to help her tonight. She is lost without her brother. I don’t really understand her but at the same time I do.”

Anton looks at the tent and sighs. “I hope so. I hate seeing her like this.”

Serena looks at Vincent and smiles. “How about just talking with me and spending some time with me. Maybe even rub my shoulders.” She winks at him as she checks on the fish. “Anton, the fish is done. Let me go get her and you can help serve.”

Anton nodded his head as Serena went to check on Jasmine. “Jasmine, dinner is done. Would you like something to eat?” She asked as she looked into the tent.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd March 2014, 6:00 pm

Jasmine looks up. She wasn't really hungry, but she knows if she doesn't come out they will make it an issue. “Thank you Serena, I will be right there.”

Anton made a plate for Jasmine and Vincent for Serena. When the girls came out they were handed the plates. Every one sat around the campfire to eat. Jasmine takes a few bites and pokes at her plate. “This is really good guys. Nathaniel would be proud.”

“Thank goodness he left instructions.” Nadine concurs. She didn't want to admit that it was good.

“Thank you guys. See Serena, you learned how to cook over a fire.” Vincent tells her encouragingly.

“One measly meal does not make her a chef.” Nadine retorts. “Besides she had help. Even Jasmine can fish and hunt.”

“But even I need help cleaning.” Jasmine points out. “Each of us has strengths and weaknesses.” Yours is being a bitch. She mumbles softly not knowing if anyone cared.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd March 2014, 6:11 pm

Serena yawns. She thought she heard Jasmine say something but wasn’t sure. She shrugs it off and looks at the others. “I think I am going on to bed. I am tired and I’m tired of being bitched at. Good night everyone.”

Anton watches as Serena goes into the tent. “I thought the fish was really good. I think I will take a nap until my watch. Nadine if you could wake me please.” He gets himself a blanket and sits down next to the fire. Night was beginning to sit in and he was tired but was more worried about Jasmine. He falls asleep until his watch.

Jasmine soon goes to bed as well. She has a hard time falling asleep but finally does. Nadine takes her watch with no problems. She goes and wakes Anton before going to sleep herself. Anton walks over and wakes Jasmine for their watch. “It’s time for our watch Jasmine.” He said gently as he shook her shoulder gently.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd March 2014, 6:44 pm

Jasmine wakes up. She grabs her bow and goes over to the campfire. “It is just a precaution.” Jasmine puts some more wood on the fire. She huddle up. “Ugh I should have brought a blanket.”

Anton has his blanket and looks at Jasmine. Maybe they could share it together. "Would you like to use my blanket Jasmine?" he asked. He walked over to her and sat down.

“That is really nice of you.” Jasmine half smiles as Anton wraps the blanket around her. “I must look like a wuss, but Moldova doesn't get this cold.” She lays her head on his shoulder. “We are lucky that it is not raining.”

Anton smiles as Jasmine lies her head on his shoulder. "If it was raining this watch wouldn't be as fun, now would it?" He asked. He put his arm around her and rubbed her back. "I am used to the cool nights. Langora has weather similar to Rosario's." he explained. He could feel his heart beating faster.

Jasmine sighs. “I spent some winters in Moldova. Primarily when I was younger. I broke my leg ice skating once.” She closes her eyes. “I have to stop thinking of home. It makes me miss my family more.”

Anton found himself holding Jasmine with his arm. He could not stop himself from falling for her more and more. He leaned his head against hers gently as he continued to rub her back. "I know it must be hard Jasmine, but I am here for you, and so are the others. I know it's not the same. I wish I could make you feel better." he said. I wish I could make you mine. he thought.

“You are helping.” Jasmine picks up her head and looks into his eyes. “Thank you for being there. I know no one understands what I am feeling, or possibly think it is creepy. However you don't question it.”

"There is nothing to question, sometimes it is better just to listen." Anton said. He smiled at her and found his hand running through her hair. She was gorgeous with the glow from the fire around her. He found himself slowly moving towards her and gently kissed her lips.

Jasmine freezes when his lips touch hers. She knows she should pull away, but she doesn't. It is like her brain disconnects for a moment. Finally the kiss ends. “I...I think our watch is over.” Jasmine stands and scurries to the tent.

She squeezes her eyes shut. Her brain is screaming Stupid, stupid, stupid...how dare you let him kiss you. You are just friends. But it felt so good. You cannot let him distract you. You will only have your heart broken when you become Queen of Moldova. You cannot let Nadine win..
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd March 2014, 7:38 pm

Serena had woken up during the night. She was thirsty and started to get up to get her canteen. She had left it near the fire. She looks out of the tent and watches Jasmine and Anton. Their lips meet and Serena could have screamed. How could he take advantage of her at this time? Maybe he wasn’t the man she thought he was. She scurries back to her pack when Jasmine begins to walk towards the tent.

Anton watches as Jasmine walks back to the tent. He couldn’t stop himself from kissing her. He had feelings in his heart for her and wanted to express them so much to her. Was she falling for him though? She hadn’t pulled away from the kiss. He sighs and gets up. He walks into the tent and gently wakes Serena and Vincent for their watch. He watches Jasmine for a moment as she sits on her pallet. He wanted to go to her but knew it would be better if he didn’t. He lay down and then went to sleep.

Serena walks out into the night air. It was cool. She shivers as Vincent walks out with a blanket for them. “Good morning Vincent. Should we cook this morning or eat from the packs she asked. She was a little upset about what she saw and was trying not to show it.

Vincent was happy at first, but when Jasmine scurries away he is concerned. He knows Serena saw it too. "What just happened there? Does Jasmine not like Anton?"

Serena sighs. “I cannot lie to you. I know Anton has feelings for Jasmine. He asked her to court him but she turned him down because he is the next in line for the Langorian thrown. If she wins this race then she will be the next Moldovan queen. They cannot be if that happens.” Serena explained. They sit down and she leans against him as she talks to him. “I saw him kiss her just a moment ago.”

He wraps the blanket around her and rubs her back. "Do you think that is why Nadine chose him? To distract Jasmine so she doesn't win the race? Honestly, I fear for Moldova if Nadine does become Queen."

“I am beginning to think so. At first I thought he was a good man, but I am beginning to doubt him Vincent. I do not trust him anymore.” Serena explained. “Moldova isn’t the only country I fear for Vincent. I fear for Rosario as well. She absolutely hates Rosario. She holds a grudge against me and my family. For what reason I am not fully certain but I know that she would bring war back between our nations.”

"What do we do? I know we have to combine forces to help Jasmine win this. Do we try to keep them separated? I think I will have a talk with him in the morning." Vincent shakes his head. "We will use the packs. I will take the lead. I know you and Nadine don't get along, but I want to get to Altiere as soon as possible."

“We can’t cheat Vincent, and I know in reality Nadine is trying to cheat but we can’t allow her to do that. As far as I am concerned keeping them separated for the time being is the best. I know this is going to be a long journey. I am not used to riding hard but I will do what it takes to get to Altier, Vincent.” Serena said. “If it is possible, you should make the watches tomorrow. I will take the one with Anton. I think I would like to talk to him.”

"How is giving Jasmine advice cheating? If it was they would not have me here." Vincent points out. "I will set up the watches. I will take the solitary one. I know that Jasmine can put up with Nadine." He hugs Serena. "Don't be too harsh, however let him know if he is caught cheating for Nadine, we will tell Jasmine. You know how she feels about cheaters."

“Giving advice is not cheating. Sounds like a plan.” Serena said. She gave him a kiss and looked up as the sun was rising. “The sun is starting to rise. I think it is time to start getting a move on. If you want to go wake them up I will get the ration packs out.”

Vincent went to wake the others as Serena got the ration packs. She had the fire out in no time and soon enough camp was broke. They started on their way, eating breakfast on the go.

Anton wasn’t really hungry. He looked over at Jasmine as they broke camp. She wasn’t really talking to anyone. He wanted to ask her how she was, to hold her and tell her everything would be alright but somehow knew it wasn’t the time for that.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top