Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stars Align

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stars Align - Page 14 Empty Stars Align

Post by Red 9th November 2014, 4:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Hey, time to wake up over there."

Rivkah looked up from the hand mirror at the man standing across the room from her at an easel. The man nodded at her, pushing up his glasses with paint-covered hands, leaving a drop of red on the bridge of his glasses. "How you feeling?"

Rivkah dropped the mirror on the bed next to her, leaning forward and resting her elbows on her knees. "...Tired," she said, for lack of a better word. A better word might be... distant? Like the feeling you got after a long time spent daydreaming. "What time is it?"

"Nine," Dylan said, his light brown curls falling down between his glasses and his eyes as he turned back to his painting. He blew up at the hair, trying to get it out without using his hands. "See anything?"

Rivkah shook her head. "Jack shit," she said, blinking hard. "Maybe something, but I don't remember it."

"Don't let it discourage you. Probably we haven't found the right medium for you yet," he said, studying his painting. "It's easy to get lost looking, too."

"I know," she muttered, standing up and stumbling as her legs nearly gave way. She felt way too weak after that.

"I was gonna order pizza soon if you want any," Dylan said, putting down his palette on a table near the easel. "You probably shouldn't go out yet like that,"

"Pizza is awesome," Rivkah said, wandering over towards the window and pulling open the blinds. She stared down from Dylan's window on the fifth floor of his apartment complex to the city below. Clubs were starting to light up already, filling up with college kids drinking and dancing away the weekend. Dylan lived in the heart of the 'college' district of the city, near the university campus - the guys who lived there called it Dinkytown.

She heard the sound of running water as Dylan turned the sink on. "You gonna go out and join them?" he asked.

Rivkah shrugged. "Maybe. Why the hell not."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Stars Align - Page 14 Empty Re: Stars Align

Post by EphPhoenix 5th August 2015, 11:20 pm

He had covered the area twice, now. Nothing. He sighed, he was missing something. Either that, or they were covering their tracks better now that he had hit them at the wharf. Probably a little of both.

He hadn't spent the time idle, of course, setting more circles of power in case this turned into another unholy battle. You always used up your own resources last if you could help it.

He stood in front of the beginnings of the construction. This suburb was relatively new and being expanded upon. There were several blocks of road that had been set in and houses being constructed as far as the eye could see. He stared, not seeing, as his mind tried to process. Three places, three magical disturbances. There was a power in numbers, and they were obviously using a trinity. But the first place he had searched had been the last of the production. What was this area? What part did it play? Was it another demesne?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th August 2015, 1:07 am

She felt so out of place in these suburbs, and she squared her shoulders against her discomfort and moved all the more confidently to hide it. Rivkah picked up her pace, running past rows and rows of cookie cutter houses.

Up ahead the houses thinned out, replaced by the beginnings of construction along empty roads. The Silver Surfer was standing there, staring out at the rows of wooden skeletons. Rivkah slowed her pace.

"Hey," she said. "Hold up, jackass." Her voice lacked her usual venom - suppressed just this once.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th August 2015, 10:38 pm

"Why are you following me?" he said without missing a stride, not even bothering to look in her direction. Was he surprised she was here? Definitely. But it was a moot point.

He rubbed his chin. He'd already tried to detect demesnes and that had failed. He'd try to see if there was a portal, an invisibility spell--nothing. This nut wasn't cracking. Which sucked. He was on a deadline, dammit.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 21st August 2015, 5:37 pm

"Because I miss your charming company," she said sarcastically, shoving her hands in her pockets. In her pockets, her hands curled into fists. "I also don't wanna die," she continued. "And that immortal asshole seemed pretty invested in keeping me alive before, so I think I can trust him to tell me what's gonna keep me alive now. Sucks that its you, but what can you do."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 22nd August 2015, 12:00 am

His smile widened as he spread out his senses. "Afraid he steered you wrong this time..." he said offhanded. "I'm only going into the lion's den slathered in fucking steaks!" He chuckled darkly. "Now, beat it, I'm working here..."

He pulled out magnetic chalk and began writing in the air. Complex, script flowed in the air as he wrote, magical energies filling the air.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 22nd August 2015, 1:28 am

Rivkah crossed her arms. "Oh wow, that sounds so much worse than where I am now," she said sarcastically. "I mean, if you insist, I guess I'll just go home and wait for that headhunter to find me back there, asshole."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 22nd August 2015, 4:54 pm

Teuto's hand slipped and his whole body stiffened as white hot wrath flooded through him. He kept his smile on, though. "If they're gonna hit someone's home, they'd hit it in force, and your place is currently under Coven protection--it'd be tantamount to an open declaration of war. They're not gonna risk that. Yet. Your fine.

"Besides," he added with that forced smile. "They don't need to be out in force while you're out in the open like this." He scribbled through the air through his writings, now ruined. He jerked his head as it sparkled, fluctuated, and wavered.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 22nd August 2015, 7:15 pm

She watched him twitch, screwing up his writing and erasing it with a hand as he kept his voice calm. I saw that, loser. That seemed to get to him for some reason or another.

"Yeah, yet," Rivkah said, looking at her nails. "I mean, I guess if you win now I'll be safe, but I mean, what are the chances of that?" She smiled at him condescendingly. "I'll die on my own terms, thanks. I'm coming with you."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 22nd August 2015, 8:27 pm

Teuto shrugged. "Your safety is not my responsibility," he said, analyzing what just happened. "And I don't recall giving you the option of me babysitting." He felt a growing sense of dread as his mind was contemplating. "Choose how you want to die somewhere away from me. I don't need a half-cocked greenhorn trying to get her--and me, more importantly--killed."

Shit. Shit. Shit...he needed to confirm. He started scribbling on the ground.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 25th August 2015, 12:23 am

"I never said - " she started - but stopped when it became clear he wasn't paying attention. Something seemed to have grabbed his attention, or he had some idea, or something, because he immediately knelt to scribble on the ground.

Rivkah shut up. She circled around to the side of him, trying to get a glimpse of what he was writing and keeping an eye on the suburbs around them at the same time.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 25th August 2015, 12:42 am

The script started sparking and fading as he wrote it. He leapt to his feet and looked around as silver light shot up from the fading words in a continuous line of light. His smile remained, but his face had gone several shades paler as the light reached high into the sky and shot out in the four cardinal directions--over the entire suburbs area!

He looked at his hands but they remained normal. He reached into his inside jacket pocket and pulled out a small can of silver ink, dipped a finger in it and drew an eye on his forehead while chanting. "Ohhhhhh, fuck me!" he said with a nervous laugh. "Very well played!" He reached into his coat and pulled out a small brass letter opener in the shape of an intricate sword. "You really shouldn't have followed me!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 25th August 2015, 12:55 am

She watched as he set off what looked like a locator spell, watching as it shot up... and spread out, expanding over the suburbs they were standing in. Whatever he was looking for was... all around them?

"Well it's too damn late now," she said, reaching in her bag for her knife.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 25th August 2015, 12:59 am

"Ain't that the truth!" he cackled madly, the letter opener growing to the size of a light sword. "And look, the natives are coming out! I knew the suburbs were hell!"

All down the street before them, people were coming out. They looked like everyday, run of the mill people. Men in suits, women in house dresses, little boys and girls. Except they had weapons in their hands and some hand weird hues of energy crackling in their hands. The children dropped to the ground on all fours like quadrupeds, moving quickly for the two.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 25th August 2015, 1:21 am

"Oh my fucking god," Rivkah said, watching a kid who looked about five years old crawling along the sidewalk towards them like a cockroach. "I... am so fucking tired of this shit!"

She took her knife and drew a cut deep along her palm - if she wasn't so angry, it might have hurt. "Fucking mobsters with their bullshit traps," she said, before putting her knife between her teeth to free her hand, "anf all fis fuckin SHIF!"

Rivkah reached into her bag, pulling out her spell book and flipping to a page in the middle. She spat her knife out and caught it in the pages of the book and started chanting. She shook out her bloody hand to get some of her blood on her fingers and smeared it in a line across her forehead.

The ground rumbled as she intoned in some language - Arabic, maybe? - and as she neared the end of her spell she glanced over at Teuto. Shit.. Right, him -

Rivkah darted next to him and smeared her bloody palm across his forehead as a crack opened in the sidewalk behind her. Thousands and thousands of scarabs crawled out of the crack, swarming around their feet. The scarabs ignored her and Teuto, rushing out to meet the swarm of suburbanites and crawling all over them, crawling inside them down their throats and up... other orifices.

Rivkah slammed her book shut, a satisfied smile on her face. Nailed it, she thought, looking down at her palm dripping blood. Maybe she shouldn't have cut into it so hard... "Fuckers."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 26th August 2015, 1:04 am

He would've griped about the blood--if the scarabs hadn't shot out and overrun everything. He flashed a bittersweet smile. Lauren would've been amused. "Ahhhh, that brings back memories..." He considered letting her gander at the improved version of that spell she had cooked up, but that sounded like a bad idea. "Good old escalation..."

More started coming out of the houses in droves, and off in the distance, houses uprooted themselves with people in them. He grabbed her and took off running as bolts of energy started decimating the spot where they'd been and began aiming for them. "I don't like our chances!" he said gleefully as he ran for the construction area and the cover of the fences.

Last edited by Venom on 7th January 2016, 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 26th August 2015, 9:33 am

Rivkah watched the houses floating up off the ground, her mouth agape, before Teuto grabbed her hand and pulled her off. A demesne made just for killing them. Son of a bitch.

Anger flared up in her again, and she gripped her spell book tight as she ran behind Teuto. "No shit!" she replied. "I swear to god, if you don't have some genius idea to get out of here I'm going to burn this whole fucking place to the ground with us."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 27th August 2015, 11:49 am

"While fun, bad plan," he said with mirth. "Firstly, because fire isn't gonna hurt most of what's out there." He dipped in his tin of silver ink and quickly drew the eye and symbols on her forehead and began chanting. "Secondly, because the amount of raw power for that would be immense. You'd likely kill yourself in the attempt! So...a blaze of glory?" He cackled at his own joke.

The silver ink glowed and Rivkah's eyes were opened to the truth. The suburbs were an illusion. They were in a hellscape. The houses were living abominations--malformed constructs of magical energies. The "humans" that had been accosting them beastly creatures and hellspawn. The sky above them a burnt amber with rolling clouds moving unceasingly in a fierce wind, casting everything in a reddish light.

"They should fire their decorator!" he said beaming.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 27th August 2015, 5:34 pm

Rivkah blinked as he finished the spell, looking around her at the hellscape they were standing in. "Oh," she said. "This is much better." She looked at the child she'd seen earlier who'd been crawling around on all fours, seeing it was really some sort of hellhound with too many eyes. "Much better," she repeated, backing up and flipping through her spellbook to try and find something useful. Her scarabs were almost all scattered by now.

"I'm not seeing many options besides that blaze of glory," she said shortly, eyeing some of her spells. The spellbook was her own making, written copies of curses she found elsewhere that she found fascinating. The only ones that could save them would likely kill her.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 27th August 2015, 7:12 pm

"Direct confrontation, while fun, would be suicide..." What were the options? They'd need a distraction, for one, and a lot of luck. Or an army; that would cover most of those needs. Where was he gonna find an army, though? That army of scarabs was nice, but had its...

He snapped his fingers. "Hello!" He looked at her and his grin turned sinister. "Would you like to see something else you can do with that scarab spell...?"

Last edited by Venom on 29th August 2015, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 27th August 2015, 8:38 pm

His smile was purely demonic. "I'm all fucking ears," she said, flipping back to her page with the scarab curse. "Just fucking tell me what to do," she said, eyeing one of the 'houses' closing in.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 27th August 2015, 9:27 pm

He pulled out a monocle lens and put it to his eye and began chanting. Immediately, a light emitted from the monocle, shining down on the page below the original spell and new writing began appearing in a neat, feminine scrawl. When it finished, he immediately leapt to his feet and cast an illusion spell and took off running, appearing to be running with Rivkah as energy blasts sailed past "them."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 28th August 2015, 3:56 pm

Rivkah peered down at the writing as it appeared, scanning it as quickly as she could. Her eyes grew wide. The curse - and a curse it definitely was - looked incredibly advanced. It was a good he was giving her time with his illusion, because she'd need it just to figure out how to cast this spell without killing herself.

She looked over at him dodging around fire blasts and started the incantation. No blood sacrifice - which was weird - and felt a drag on her magic pool. It was strong enough that she flinched - the whole point of the sacrifice was to reduce the cost there, after all, she wasn't used to it - and she looked up from her spellbook, curious.

She watched as her scarabs transformed, turning into ugly, blue-black bugs, and the creatures they had killed twitched, and rose to their feet. Holy shit. She just fucking raised the dead. How the hell did she do that without a sacrifice, and without killing herself?

They looked like they were waiting for... something. They stared at her. Right. My ghouls. "Minions!" she yelled. "Destroy them!" She pointed.

The zombies turned and pounced on their former comrades, and everything descended into chaos.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 29th August 2015, 11:45 pm

"She's a natural!" he said cackling with laughter. As all hell broke loose, he dispelled the illusion as the heat died off of him.

He kept running forward in a semicircle around the carnage, putting distance and cover between him and them. His magnetic chalk was out in an instant as he came to an abrupt halt. He knelt down and drew a quick circle, putting his will into it, and the silver line glowing and raisin a field, canceling out the magic acting on the area.

He reached into his coat jacket and pulled out his little notebook of spells, flipping through it and finding the one he needed. He looked over and began chanting, holding the book in one hand, the magnetic chalk in the other writing as he chanted.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 30th August 2015, 6:12 pm

Most of the hellbeasts were preoccupied with fighting their former companions - though some of them got the idea to try and cut off the head of this zombie army. While the heat died off Teuto, Rivkah found herself fending off the few beasts that made it past the chaos. She had to call back a small cohort of zombies to act as her guard to keep from getting eaten.

She glanced over at Teuto to see him drawing a circle to begin a spell. Better be something to get us out of here...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 24th February 2016, 2:41 pm

Moved due to inactivity. Please contact a Mod if you would like this to be moved back so you can continue roleplaying. Thank you!
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Back to top