Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Booke of Arcana

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Booke of Arcana Empty The Booke of Arcana

Post by Guest 20th May 2011, 10:53 am

Alexandrite Bloodraven opened the windows of his bed chamber and looked out. The sun hung high in the sky, and a breeze swept past him rustling his long black hair. Alex was very thin, and somewhat pale. His eyes were cold, and dark. He smiled - a sinister smile as in the distance he saw thousands of slaves working on his newest idea - a school to teach children the ways of magic and expand the ranks of The Order. His door opened, and he turned to see who had barged in. A short, portly balding man entered the room with many scrolls locked in his arms.

"Really, Barty, can't you knock?" He said stiffly.

"My apologies, master..." The man called Barty said as he lay all the scrolls on a table on the far side of the room, "I just thought you might want to have a look at these."

Alexandrite raised his eyebrows, and Barty added, "They're the newest discovery our crusaders have found. Naturally, not having any magic flowing in their veins, they were unable to read them, so they say. I haven't opened them myself, sire, because I thought you would like to have the first look." Barty smiled triumphantly.

"I see." Alex said flatly, "I thank you, Barty. You may go." Barty bowed and quickly left the chamber, closing the door behind him.

Alex smiled once more as he stared down at the scrolls. It was all so easy. When he first founded The Order and began his mission of taking over the lands and ruling it by magic, he never expected it could be so easy. But how would it not be? With magic on his side, he could do anything...

Alex unfurled one of the scrolls and began to read its contents.

(OOC: You can start your character now...and I'm reminding all of you to please just check up on the rules so you're sure you know them if you haven't already checked them. Thanks.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Booke of Arcana Empty Re: The Booke of Arcana

Post by Fina 20th May 2011, 8:50 pm

Trieste climbed out of her bed slowly, still half-asleep. She looked around the cottage that she lived in, taking in her surroundings like she usually did when she woke up. Good. None of the Order people have come. she thought to herself. You can never be too careful.

She then stood up, still disoriented, and walked over to pick up her flute that was laying on a plain wooden table. She played a little tune on it perfectly, then set it back on the table. Now she was awake.

"Time to get dressed!" she said cheerfully, and headed towards a pile of clothes neatly folded in a corner of the cottage.

Once dressed, she grabbed her flute and a torn hat and headed outside. It was time for her to get to "work".

(I hope that is okay. Just tell me if I need to fix anything)
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 21st May 2011, 10:38 am

Tal sat down on his bed and started pulling his boots on. He reached over and took a piece of string off his night table and pulled his hair into a ponytail, then stood up and grabbed his coat. He headed toward the door, picking up his bow and arrows on the way out.

He stepped outside. The sun was shining down through the trees, giving the area an ethereal glow. It wasn’t hard to believe that elves used to live here. Tal walked through the wet grass around to the back of his living quarters where there was a large tree. The tree had a target drawn on it and was full of small holes.

Since he was off duty, Tal had decided to spend his time doing target practice. He was well-known for his prowess in archery, but he always needed to stay sharp. He slung his quiver over his shoulder and pulled an arrow out of it. He raised his bow and nocked the arrow, aimed for a moment, then let the arrow fly. It hit the target dead centre. He shot a couple more in the same fashion, all hitting right in the centre.

The sound of the arrows hitting the tree reverberated through the forest. It was so quiet here, a far cry from Olanthogar, where Tal had been born. After he had become a soldier, The Order had sent him out to Amaranth, basically the middle of nowhere. They probably didn’t trust him after his parents’ attempted rebellion. He couldn’t do much damage out here if he decided to do the same, and they could kill him off quietly without anyone ever knowing.

Thinking about his parents caused his focus to slip, and the next arrow he shot completely missed the target, hitting the tree a foot below it. He gritted his teeth and refocused, then shot more arrows into the centre of the target.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st May 2011, 11:47 am

Covina wakes up just before the sunrise. She rises out of bed and gets herself ready for another day. She hears Talon beginning to stir, so she quickly sets out his bow and arrows by the door. She then goes to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast.

Covina considers herself quite fortunate. As an elf she has no control what happens to her or who she will be going with. She does miss her mom very much, although Covina was lucky to stay with her as long as she did. She looks out the window watching Talon practice his archery. Yes quite lucky indeed...Talon treats her with respect, their relationship somewhat borders on friendship. Covina was truly afraid when she learned that she was going to be a present for a solider of the order.

Covina steps away from the window. Knowing that Talon is busy she uses her magic to start a fire in the fireplace. She looks at her hand. What a waste of my magic, she thinks to herself. She knows what happens to elves who use magic though, so for now at least, she will have to put up with this.

Covina finishes preparing breakfast. She quickly sets the table then opens the back door. She calls out to Talon. "Mr. Rygnis breakfast is ready sir."
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 21st May 2011, 4:42 pm

Covina Open

Jinhosa pulled a black hood over his head and pulled a thin piece of black fabric across his mouth and nose. He left out of the camp site he had been staying in. Since The Order had taken over he had never stayed in one place long. His father being human and all was alright. However he was half elf. The only thing welcoming about that was that he looked more human than elf. His face was that of a human but his ears were that of an elf.

When he lived with his mother who was an elf, he had worn his hair long but when his father had come to take him away to live with him to keep him safe he had made him cut it off. However to keep his ears from showing he was allowed to keep it at a certain length. He missed those days with his mother. He was five when he was taken away and he had a new born baby half sister. He never saw her after that as a free elf.

He put his gear on so that he could stealthy go to Covina’s place. She was an elf that was also a slave. Her master seemed to take good care of her and he met with her often to find information about what the Order was up to next. He quickly was able to get through the trees and watched as her master was doing target practice. Then he could hear her calling him in for breakfast. He waited a good period of time before giving a sound that sounded much like a cricket. On a normal occasion he would have used a grass and made a whistle from it but he didn’t want her master to be on the guard. He was unsure of where he stood with The Order since he was a member of them.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 21st May 2011, 7:10 pm

Tal heard Covina call from the back door. "Be there in a sec!" he called back, waving to her. He walked over to the tree and pulled the arrows out of it and placed them back into his quiver. He then headed into the house.

It was a small house made completely of wood by some elf who had probably long since been enslaved or killed. The kitchen was tiny but functional, and there was an eating area with a table large enough to seat four, though it was only usually the two of them. There was a fireplace with a few chairs placed in front of it over in the corner. Their beds were over in the other corner. All the furniture and stuff was already there when Tal had moved in.

Covina had set the table and had everything ready when he came in. He felt bad for her and treated her like an equal; he felt this slave business was nonsense. However, that's what elves were now and her being his slave was safer than the alternative.

"This looks great," he said, smiling at her. He sat down at the table and began chowing down.

Something furry brushed against his legs, but he didn't need to look and see what it was. His familiar, a cat named Lita, was his constant companion and he knew without a doubt that it was her. He reached down and pet her while he ate.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st May 2011, 7:39 pm

Covina holds the door open and waits for Talon to enter. She hears the cricket noise, knowing exactly what it means. She holds up her hand with her fingers spread out. Hoping that Jinhosa gets the message.

She sat across from Talon. She knows how he feels about her, having voiced his opinion many times. She is quite fortunate for the arrangement they have. She doesn't feel much like a slave at all more like hired help. Not like the first person she was with...Let's just say she's never been more thankful for her druid magic.

When she sees Lita with Talon. She quickly rises. "Oh goodness I forgot to clean out her box. Forgive me, I will be right back."

Before Talon could protest, Covina grabs the box and races outside. She goes to the edge of the property bordering the trees. She returns the cricket noise.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 22nd May 2011, 1:19 am

Haruette awoke to the sound of her mother telling her to get out of bed. Haruette grumbled as she rubbed her eyes and sat up on her bed. She was up late last night due to training, and only wanted to spend the morning in bed. She got herself dressed in casual clothes, and walked down to her mother's room, where her mother was sitting at a table, writing as an elf combed her hair. She said: "It's your turn to get the groceries, Haruette." Haruette sighed and leaned on the doorway.

"Can't you go do it? I spent all night practicing what you just taught me." Haruette complained.
"Now, Haruette, we agreed that you would help me in return for me teaching you magic instead of the instructors here." The mother replied somewhat mockingly. Haruette couldn't argue against that, so she tiredly walked back to her room, got dressed in her normal outside clothes, and made her way back to her mother's room, where she was given the money needed to buy the groceries.

"Why don't you buy a little something for yourself. Go and buy a nice breakfast meal, if you want. Just make sure there is enough to get all the groceries we need." Her mother said with a casual smile. Haruette smirked back at her, putting the money away. "Sure, sure." She said as she walked out the door and down the stairs. She then made her way out the front door and began on her leisurely walk to the market.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 22nd May 2011, 11:46 am

~Hemiola Setilan~

*Olanthigar Order's Capital*

The sun light of morning was slowly coming up and coming trought a large tree leafs. Sleeping a large and high tree branch, was a women. Before long her eyes had started to open slowly and she stretched as a reflex. She looked down at the city entrance that had guard up and thought to herself ''...mmm They sure look sharp, don't think i'll get passed them without using something to my advantage.''

She then smiled and started to eat an apple she had looking at the situation downstairs and waiting for a chance to go inside unoticed. Looking up the road it had seem that it would be far easier as she thought as a horse carriage was coming, from the look of it, it was also a cargo one. ''Lucky me'' She said low with a small grin. Covering her head with her hood and her mouth with a small scarf underneat, she slowly get off her tree making close to no noise.

Trees and bushes were close enough from the road for her to wait just the good moment to step into the road fast and get inside as the carriage was going passed her. She hid herself behind large boxes and waited.

''Halt !'' A soldier exclaimed as the horse carriage stoped moving. Hemiola waited and listened the three mans talk in case something would go wrong.

''Identity please.'' One of the soldier said looking sharp while an other one seemed to be walking around the carriage to go look the marchandise, she hoped he wouldn't look too deep into it.

The man in the carriage who seemed to be a merchant said ''Here.'' Giving his identity papers to the soldier and the merchant license.

''Merchant eh, I see you're that guy who bring supplies to the soldier like us. Still we have you check the inside a little bit.'' The soldier in front said giving a sign to the other. The merchant let them check doing nothing.

The other soldier that was now in the back started to check for anything suspicious and got inside making Hemiola a bit nervous and think ''Maybe I wasn't as lucky as I thought...'' She prepared in case keeping her cool. The soldier was getting closer and closer, although in the end he just shouted ''Clear!'' Going outside join back his partner and they opened the doors.

''Guess....My luck is still working after all, like father said ''Always trust your luck sweetie, it can get you far, however trust it while being carefull !'' Or something like that....although the more I think about it the more I think.... he was sometime just being an idiot. A cool one though !'' She thought with a smile.

The first chance she had of getting off the carriage, she took it. It was when it had stoped into a less populated alley that she took the chance to get off the lift. She then started to walk the street of the huge city keeping it low in the public and hoping she could hear anything usefull. Although even if the city looked lively at first it was more then obvious that those people were force to make atrocious hours of work only to have their money taken almost all by the taxes.

Hemiola thought it was disgusting, this whole city. As well as the world the order had made. She then decided to make her way to a tavern hoping she would get more chance there for info. It would be risky, but was worth the shot.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 22nd May 2011, 12:16 pm

Sylmeris moves about the library, moving from shelf to shelf, tome to tome, page to page as she searches endlessly for a specific passage that she wishes to use in tonight's lesson.

"Ms. Syl?" A voice calls.

She looks back and smiles cheerfully, tilting her head to the side. "Oh, hey there, Szorn, is something wrong?"

"Well, um, Ms. Syl, you've been in the library since yesterday. Normally, I don't let people in here overnight for health reasons, not even you, but you seemed so busy...but, I don't think you should stay here any longer. It is quite unhealthy. What could possibly be keeping you here for so long?"

"Oh. So sorry, Szorn, I do apologize." Sylmeris says, "I was looking for something, something important....but, I kept finding fascinating books and passages!! So, I got a little distracted....but, I'm sure that once I find what I was looking for...I'll find it and remember!"

Syl smiles delightly as she presents her plan, her head tilting again in excitement.

"Well, you should get sleep, Ms. Syl." Szorn replies, shaking his head.

"I sure will." Sylmeris states, "As soon as I find what I was looking for. It's got to be in this library somewhere!"

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 22nd May 2011, 2:17 pm

"Joshua, could you make breakfast today?" said Ann, one of the owners of the orphanage, while sitting at the bedside of a sick child.

Joshua looked up from the clothes he was washing, smiling. "It's no problem, Mrs. Lypella.”

Ann shook her head, smiling at Joshua’s unnecessary politeness. He had lived at the orphanage for all seventeen years of his life, and she considered him part of her family. He was the oldest of the children and acted as a caretaker more than anything.

Joshua walked into the small kitchen, stopping suddenly in the doorway. “Oh dear…”

Three children were standing at the counter, broken eggs covering the surface in front of them. They turned around to face Joshua, looking guilty.

“We’re sorry, Joshua,” said one of the children, a girl. “We were just trying to help. We wanted to make breakfast-”

“It’s okay,” Joshua said, smiling at the children. “Thank you so much for wanting to help. I can just go get more eggs and clean up the mess when I get back. Please tell Mrs. Lypella that I will be picking up some groceries.”

After putting on his white cloak and taking some money, Joshua stepped outside into the sunlight and started walking to the market.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd May 2011, 3:24 pm

Covina

Jinhosa returns the cricket noise and pops out from behind a thick brush area.

"Good morning Covina. it is a pleasure to see you. How are you this morning." he asked. He pulled the black piece from away from his mouth and removed his hood.

just like mother use to look. he thought. She even sounded like her. How he missed his mother so.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd May 2011, 3:36 pm

Covina shifted the box and nods at Jinhosa "I am surprised to see you today and at this time. Talon is off duty right now and is home." She then gets a smile on her face as she removes a scroll from a hidden part of the box. "I am doing well thank you. Talon treats me very well considering I am his slave. Here is the information I got, it is not very much. I only hope it helps."

She looks around. "I hate to cut this meeting short, but it is dangerous right now. See you later."

Covina winks and cleans out the box before returning to the house.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd May 2011, 3:51 pm

Covina

Jinhosa smiles and takes the scroll from her. "Thank you. Little information is better then none at all." he said. He pulled his hood over his head and pulled up the thin fabric over his mouth and nose again.

"I will be back when I can. I must move camp grounds again." he looking around. He blended himself with the shrubbery and spoke again.

"Until then. I hope your master treats you well as you say he does. I have seen others that have not made it out alive." he said point blank.

With that he disappeared back into the area going from tree to tree rock to anything where he could not be seen.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 22nd May 2011, 5:21 pm

~Hemiola Setilan~

Standing in front of a large building that was a well known tavern of the city, she looked at it impressed by the size it had. ''Quite a huge place, then again must cost a lot in taxes. Sure hope they have enough people in everyday to pay that. Hemiola thought as she slowly entered the place.

The tavern was made on three floor, the first and the second being for the tavern and restaurant parts. The third one however was a small inn. She then go get herself a drink asking ''Gimme the best ya got.''

A large man behind the counter looked at her and smiled ''eeeh quite a shady character we have here. There you go.'' He said giving her a drink. Saying nothing more, she paid and went into a corner where she wouldn't be easily spoted by any order people that could get inside.

Before long a couple of soldier had entered and placed themself at a table near enough of her. ''No good, they could spot me.'' She tried her best not to make them look at her and was drinking little by little her drink listening to them.

''So yeah....It was so easy to take that village on ! And even if they didn't stand a chance they still tried to fight back ! So stupid those people.'' One of them said almost laughing while the other were.

''Yeah they should learn it's no good fighting agaisnt the Order, they'll just die in the process hahaha !'' An other one said.

''Although we got a bit more of 'Workers' as well. Suposed to bring them into the city place where they have to decide what they will be doing.''

''Ooooh~ I wonder what lovely job they will get!'' The other one said exited.

As the conversation went on more, Hemiola's temper was getting hot. She couldn't stand hearing more of those order soldier that didn't care about anyone but themselves. She finished her drink and put the glass on the table. However without wanting to, it had done a noise a bit too loud, making them turn into her direction.

''Idiot ! They'll notice you now, for sure.'' She thought trying to get out of there normaly as one of the soldier said. ''Hey you ! Women !'' She stoped to advance and turned herself a bit. ''Yeah?...''

''Got a problem with our little chat, cause if you do, we would have a little problem here.'' He said with an amused tone.

''A problem...? My my I don't see any, I was just simply leaving.'' She said keeping her cool.

''Uuuh~ You better be careful next time lady, cause you could have some problems.'' He said with a grin.

''I will.'' She said as she started to walk out doing her best to keep her cool. If the time would have been better she probably would have tried to make the guy talk more by sneaking on him and scaring him. After all the ones that bark the most are offen the most chicken ones when threaten. It was now the beginning of the afternoon and she felt hungry.

Wondering where she could eat, she looked around to try and find a good place. After all she would need energy to go find that place where they asign job to 'workers' that are in fact slaves. ''I wonder where that place he talked about is?.... Then again what could I do when I find it. Playing too much with the fire can't be good. Although.... It's a little exiting at the same time. Well we shall see.'' She thought to herself as she went to a small stand take some food.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 23rd May 2011, 11:22 am

Covina re enters the kitchen, sets down the box, and washes her hands. She then sits back down at the table and begins to eat once again. "Talon, what are you up to today? Are you off duty all day?" She is a bit more casual since it is only the two of them.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 23rd May 2011, 12:36 pm

Tal watched Covina dash out with Lita's box. She wasn't usually that eager to go out and clean it, but Tal had noticed she did odd things from time to time. Lita came out from under the table and sat to Tal's left; she looked up at him with big, green eyes.

She was in a bit of hurry, wasn't she? Perhaps she wanted to get it done quickly so she could come back and eat, or maybe there's something more... Lita's voice purred in Tal's mind.

Maybe we're reading too much into this, he thought back to her.

Lita looked like a regular cat; she was black and white and very fluffy. But just to look at her you could see the intelligence in her eyes. She was Tal's best friend and was very good at hashing things over.

Covina returned and sat back down at the table.

"I have patrol duty this afternoon," he replied to her question. "What about you?"
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd May 2011, 4:41 pm

"Silence is key." Iggy perched on the back of the chair the man was sitting in. "Don't speak. Your life will be cut even shorter. Don't move. Or this blade will most certainly end you."
The man breathed raggedly, the blade hovering less than an inch from his neck.
"Do you want to know who I am? Nod your answer. Do it now."
The man feverishly shook his head up and down, his eyes bright with fear.
"To you, I have no name. But I bring you a gift. The gift of death." Iggy whispered. "Someone does not care for you. Therefore, they came to me. And I have no conscience that objects my killing of you. I must apologize, however. My work here is not my cleanest."
A maid tapped on the door, and Iggy's eyes flicked to the side.
"Sir? I brought the tea you requested." she said formally.
"Repeat this statement. 'Thank you, but I have decided I do not want tea. Please leave me to my studies.' Say it now."
"Thank you.." the man stammered, beads of sweat forming on his forehead, "but I do not want.. I do not.. want.."
"Finish the statement." Iggy hissed into the man's ear.
The man cracked.
"My god.. will save me.." he whispered, then he began to yell, "Help! He's going to ki--!"
He was abruptly cut off by the blade slitting his throat.
The blood ran down his front and dripped onto the floor as he collapsed in a heap.
"Sir! I can't.. I can't get in! SIR!" the maid frantically rattled the door.
Iggy stood, wiping the blood of his knife on the back of the man's shirt.
"Where's your god now?" he whispered coldly, turning his back to the man's crumpled form.
Gliding to the window, he threw himself over the ledge, and slid down the face of the building with his fingers barely touching the stone of the wall. Hitting the ground running, he called "Howl!"
The lean, hawk-owl hybrid screeched in return, dropping in altitude to fly adjacent to Iggy's running body.
They kept running, until they were safely out of range from the building.
Iggy leaned against a tree, pushing the hood of his black shirt down, and held out his arm. Howl came to carefully land on the middle of his forearm, and screeched. Pulling some bread out of his pocket, Iggy let the bird eat quietly out of his hand.
"Today is a good day." he said, grinning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 23rd May 2011, 4:49 pm

Haruette thought about what to buy as she walked to the market. She spoke quietly to herself, listing all the items she would need, and how much it would cost. As Haruette walked, she saw several slaves working in a field off in the distance. They didn't appear to be very happy, although Haruette saw something like determination in them. Perhaps Haruette was mistaking the hard work the slaves were doing for some kind of determination. She shook her head solemnly and continued walking. "Such wasted potential..." She said to herself. Maybe when she brings the groceries back, she could help those slaves. The master didn't appear to be anywhere in sight.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 23rd May 2011, 5:10 pm

Trieste sat down on a bench wearily. It was already the afternoon, and she had been playing her heart out nonstop. A glass of cold water would do nicely... she thought to herself as she stared into a nearby restaurant.

A muffled sigh escaped her mouth as she simultaneously stood up. "Well, I shouldn't stop now! I've earned a bit of money, but a little more would do just nicely!" she encouraged herself aloud.

She then threw her torn hat out in front of some random passerby who jumped back and glared at her. She began to play her song of Calming. She could tell the man had been stressed and thought he needed something to calm his nerves.
As her playing progressed, the mans glare turned into a soft smile, and many other people crowded around her to listen to her playing. Once she had finished the song, the crowd clapped cheerfully and placed a few coins each into her hat. Finally, after everyone dispersed, she lifted up her hat and emptied the contents into her free hand. A smile crept onto her face, obviously displaying her pleasure with the amount that she got.

After pocketing the cash, she began to walk again, heading towards a seemingly deserted alleyway.
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 23rd May 2011, 6:59 pm

~Hemiola Setilan~

After finishing her meal, she started to scout for info again around the market place. People had started to gather at some action she clealy wanted to watch out for. She went in the crowd keeping a low profile and saw what looked to be a soldier hitting on someone that didn't want to follow and tried to disobey. There was also a more 'to become slaves' in the group.

''Pfff ! For a rebel you sure drop fast, y'know this isn't very wise, I could kill you on the spot !'' The soldier said with a grin, taking his sword out.

''Ghhh... I'd rather...die then stay with the likes of you !.....'' The young man said with a glare.

''Then your fate is settle !!!!!!'' He said lifting the sword up. The other prisonner were hidding their eyes, scared to see anymore bloodshed then they had already seen. The public was taken in panic. The young man closed his eyes as the blade came down to stop just before and the guard said ''Eheh, lucky you, i'm nicer then that. You better stop dreaming to rebel and start working'' He said as he spit on the man. The young man got up and followed clenching his teeth of rage.

They soon after started to move and Hemiola was following them from the shadows. ''Now now....show me where exactly it is that you're going....'' She thought with a grin. After maybe half an hour of walk the group had entered a large building that was full of soldiers. ''Hmmm... I won't be as lucky on this one thought.... too risky to get inside, although I can watch from the rooftop of an other structure....'' She thought jumping up.

On the top of a roof she looked at the other building checking movement of guards and such. Maybe she would have a chance to get inside and try to find more knowledge on them.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 23rd May 2011, 7:28 pm

Covina thinks for a moment "I don't think there is much I have to do this afternoon. I should be finished with the housework before you leave. Is there something you need to have done? Anything special you would like for dinner?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 23rd May 2011, 9:04 pm

Trieste looked over her shoulder as she entered the alleyway. Nobody around seemed to notice her, and were walking around busily, obviously having better things to do that monitor some bard. She walked a little ways in and whispered very softly, "Then bard plays at midnight."

Suddenly there was a flood of children coming out from behind dumpsters and other objects lining the alleyway. All the kids wore the same cheerful expression, and all but one had the same type of pointy ears, marking their elven heritage. "Trieste!" one of the female kids, the only one that did not have elven ears, cried softly, "How are you today? How has your work been going today?"
Trieste smiled sweetly at the girl, messing with her hair playfully. "My work has been going well, and I am fine." she recited, "You always ask me that, even though I come see you everyday."
The little girl smiled sadly, "Yeah, but I don't know when it will be my last time to a---" she started to say, but stopped, not wanting to upset the other kids. She was the oldest of them all at the age of 10. There were three 5-year olds, two 4- and 6-year olds, and one 9- and 3-year old.
Trieste, catching on to what the girl, who's name was Elizabeth, was saying and dropped the conversation, not wanting to talk about it in front of the other kids. "Well," she said, moving the conversation along, "I have a surprise that I'm going to get you all, but I don't have it with me just yet. But, I will have it for you later on today, so there's something for you to look forward to."
All the kids cheered quietly, trying not to draw any attention to them. Trieste glanced behind her and nodded to the kids, which was the sign for them to know she needed to go. After hugging them all, she casually walked out of the alleyway and walked in the direction of a park that was less populated.

~Iggy~

As she walked, she passed by a man with a bird perched on his arm. Hmm... Birds usually love to listen to me play... she thought happily as she threw her hat in front of the man. She began to play a random cheerful tune, dancing around the tree the man was leaning against.
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd May 2011, 9:24 pm

The girl came out of nowhere, threw a hat towards him, and started playing music and dancing.
Iggy stood silent, not sure whether it was best to speak to the girl, or remain silent.
Howl, on the other hand, wanted to speak. Screeching, he jumped from Iggy's arm, flying up into the tree.
Shaking his head, Iggy faced the girl.
"Please excuse Howl, he's not a very musical creature, I'm afraid." he said, a kind half-smile on his face. "Your playing is beautiful, though. My compliments." he gingerly placed a few coins in the hat.
Howl remained up in the tree, screeching occassionally throughout the girl's playing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 23rd May 2011, 9:29 pm

~Iggy~

Finally finishing the tune, Trieste let her arms rest at her sides, her flute in her right hand.
She smiled sweetly at Iggy and nodded her head in acknowledgment of compliment. "Thank you, and I'm sorry about your bird." she said, looking up at it with an innocent expression. "I didn't mean to upset him--- oh! Wow! What is that bird a mix of? It looks so unique!"

A curious expression, along with a look a childish excitement, lit up her face as she smiled widely at the bird.
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top