Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Booke of Arcana - Group 1

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Booke of Arcana - Group 1 Empty The Booke of Arcana - Group 1

Post by Guest 7th July 2011, 10:14 pm

Pelor and Heironious, gods of the sun and of justice pace around their viewing room, glancing every once in awhile at a pool of water in the center of the room which reflects the goings on of Elthyria.

"It's getting worse..." Heironious said, "What are we going to do? At this rate, Elthyria will fall and it will no longer be a place of peace."

"We were not meant to meddle in the affairs of mortals." Pelor replied, "However, this will escalate and once Elthyria is taken by it, it will start to effect us. Bloodraven is seeking the answers on how to become a god..."

"And our enemies, the evil gods are supporting him in this..." Heironious added.

Pelor walked to the pool and looked down into it, watching the world of man, then he smiled, "We may not be able to directly help mortals...but there's nothing that says we can't give them a friendly shove in the right direction..." The pool shifted, and rippled and then a woman came into view. She was sitting in a chair....reading. Usually there is nothing peculiar about someone reading, but she had a white sash tied around her eyes, obviously blinded by it to be reading. A snowy white owl was perched on her shoulder. It too seemed to be reading the contents of the book.

"Ah yes...Navari Valance..." Heironious muttered, "Her father was a planeswalker, wasn't he?"

"Yes." Pelor replied, "One of the last...murdered by Bloodraven because he would not join the Order. Because she was so young, Bloodraven tortured her and blinded her as a warning not to go against him...but...Thomas Valance knew he was going to be killed, and he passed his knowege onto his daughter."

"Knowledge?" Heironious asked.

"The Knowledge of the Booke of Arcana...where it lies...and how to get past it's obstacles in hopes that she could claim the book and put an end to The Order's reign. He was one of the 12 that constructed the book...going from world to world gathering up every spell not yet recorded."

"Surely Bloodraven would want such a book..."

"He knows of it, but believes it to be nothing but a myth. With that, we have an advantage over him...she is going to have to set out soon to find the booke...so we can put a stop to this before it's too late. Avery!"

There was a little pop and a small little girl with tiny angel wings appeared. She wore white robes and sandals on her feet. Golden bangles jingled on her wrists and her long golden hair flowed down to the small of her back. Her eyes were pale blue. "You called?" She said in a sweet, childish voice.

"Yes. I need you to go to Navari Valance and give her a message from the gods. Tell her it is time for her to seek out the Booke and accomplish her father's wishes."

"Pelor...surely she can't do this alone?" Heironious interjected.

"Of course not." He said dismissively, "Avery, once you speak to her, I want you to seek out these people to meet up with her and help her. I have been watching these selected individuals for awhile now, and I find them capable of accomplishing the task at hand."

Avery nodded, and from out of nowhere there appeared a piece of parchment and a quill in her hands as she began to scribble down the names Pelor gave her.

"Drios the Gargoyle (Avery jumped slightly at this name and made an accidental mark on the parchment with her quill), Jinhosa Asheye, Joshua Sage, Heiola Setilan, and Haruette Arnold." Pelor smiled at Avery.

"Done!" She said in triumph, "I won't let ya down, sir!" She said with a salute and then she put the parchment into a pocket on her robes and jumped into the pool of water.

"Now..." Pelor said, "We wait."

Navari sat in a big comfy chair by the fire blazing in the hearth reading a big, thick, leather bound book titled "The Adventures of Sir Gwain: A Knight's Tale. She had read it multiple times, but it was one of her favorites. Luka, her snowy white owl was perched on her shoulder reading the book as well, for he was the only way Navari could see. Their telepathic link allowed her to see through his eyes so she wasn't completely blind, but saw the world from his eyes. It took her awhile to get used to at first, but now she figured if she ever did get her normal eyesight back it would be unfamiliar.

There was a sudden loud pop, and Navari jumped, the book slipped out of her hands, and with a loud hoot, Luka flew up into the rafters, Navari all the while seeing through his eyes as he flew upwards. He scanned around and saw the source of the noise - a small child with angel wings was hovering just in front of Navari's face. Seeing from Luka's point of view, she saw herself sitting in the chair with girl hovering only inches from her face.

"Who are you?" Navari asked calmly.

"My name is Avery!" The girl said happily, "I was sent to you with a message from the gods!"

Navari raised her eyebrows. She had long ago lost faith in the gods, blaming them for what happened to her...what happened to her parents...and what is happening to the world. Therefore, she did not bother wasting breath on prayer, or energy on worship.

When she didn't say anything, Avery became somewhat uncomfortable, "So...umm...anyway...I was told to tell you that you need to start...umm...the quest that your father set before you long ago...to find the book he helped create...the book that can end The Order's tyranny."

Navari stood up and picked her book up off the floor, "And why can't they do it themselves? They're gods. Surely they can just come on down here and get the book themselves. For that matter, they're gods. Can't they just wave their hands and kill all the members of the Order? That would be much more convenient."

Avery looked offended, "They aren't allowed to meddle in the affairs of mortals! It's against their rules!"

Navari laughed, "Luka, point me to the bookcase." Navari's view of things shifted as Luka, from atop the rafters, looked over at the book case. Navari made her way over to it slowly, being careful not to bump into anything, and slid the book back into the book case, "Well then that is a problem isn't it?"

Avery screwed up her face in anger, "Ooooh! But you PROMISED YOUR FATHER!"

Navari froze. Avery had evidently struck a nerve, "That...was long ago. Before my parents were murdered...and before I was tortured and blinded. I can't keep my promise."

"You have to, Navari...that book is the only way the Order can be stopped...and only you know the way to it...don't think about this as being a mission to complete on behalf of the gods then, but think about all the innocent people who are being forced to do evil things for the Order...who are being killed by the Order...they need to be stopped, and you're the only one who can do that."

"Alone?" Navari said, contemplating things.

"No...I was given a whole list of people the gods think will be beneficial to you on this quest." She smiled, "Once I'm done here, I am supposed to go fetch them for you."

Navari thought for a moment. "What do you think, Luka?" She asked the owl. Luka ruffled his feathers before answering, I think we should do this. We've been stuck in this tower for AGES...and it is only a matter of time before The Order starts clearing out this forest for more of their cities. I think we should do it.

Navari sighed, "Fine. I will do this...but it's not for the gods. I'm doing it for us mortals. The ones the gods have seemed to forgotten."

Avery didn't argue. She was just happy she got Navari to oblige, "Tomorrow...tomorrow..." She thought about Drios the gargoyle, "Tomorrow night I will have everyone here in your tower...then you can set out." With another "pop!" Avery disappeared.

Navari heaved a heavy sigh and fell back into her chair. Luka came and perched on her shoulder once more, Come on, Vari. This will be a grand adventure! We can finally avenge your parents, and yourself.

"Yeah.." Was all Navari had to say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Booke of Arcana - Group 1 Empty Re: The Booke of Arcana - Group 1

Post by HikariKuragari 7th July 2011, 11:28 pm

~Hemiola Setilan~

*Olanthigar Order's Capital*

It was the end of the afternoon that looked rather normal;

Some alarms were ringing in a large basement where many things were being processed. Short after many security guard were running trought the city trying to find the one who had came uninvited into their building.

''hmmm... My luck sure runs well today~ Got a free ride into the city, got a trail to an important building fast enough, infiltrated without too much problem and escaped without being seen...or partially seen I guess. '' She thought out loud in a corner.

Two guards then came to her looking at her with strange glare.

''Young lady, you will have to remove this hood of yours.'' One said with rather an arrogant tone.

''Yeah show us your pretty face, to show us your not suspicious.'' The other one said with a grin.

''....Sure thing....'' She said directing her hands toward her hood, but then she quickly change that into punches under their chin. ''How do you like my pretty punches ? '' She said with a smile as she ran away.

More guard spotted her running. Whistles could be heard as well as guards shouting to close the gates where she was heading. ''I Guess my luck was a bit out in the end, but i'm not worried.... they're not fast enough.'' She thought as she charged directly trought the gates.

''SHOOOT!'' Was all that could be heard from behind her. She smirked and let out some small round smoke bombs. The smokes was pretty thick making it impossible for them to aim directly at her and just before the gate would be totally closed she barely passed out of the gates.

''That was careless....risky and dangerous ... nothing like the ways my dad ever thought me, but it sure was....exiting... She thought with a smile as she continue to run trought the forest.

After a couple of hours she stop at a river to refresh and look at the sun that had started it's descending course. ''Hmm... Looks like i'll have to call it a day soon...and lucky me...there seem to be a cavern nearby. Hmm though hopefully I didn't go outside empty handed...I 'borrowed' some.... maps of what look to be the last dwarves hideout... Guess they won't be using it now. '' She said with a smile as she put them into her small backpack under her cloak.

She then started to go inside the cavern that wasn't far at all from there and went a bit deeper in so that she wouldn't be seen from the outside. Settling down she went back outside to get some wood and made a small fire. Then she lay down near the wall and close her eyes.

In matters of minutes she was asleep tired of her long day.

HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 8th July 2011, 11:39 am

Haruette awoke to the sound of her mother telling her to get out of bed. Haruette grumbled as she rubbed her eyes and sat up on her bed. She resting due to training all day, and only wanted to spend the night in bed. She got herself dressed in casual clothes, and walked down to her mother's room, where her mother was sitting at a table, writing as an elf combed her hair. She said: "It's your turn to get the firewood, Haruette." Haruette sighed and leaned on the doorway.

"Can't you go do it? I spent all day practicing what you just taught me. Also, isn't a little late to go now?" Haruette complained.
"Now, Haruette, we agreed that you would help me in return for me teaching you magic instead of the instructors here. And besides, we're running dangerously low on firewood at the moment. I trust that you can take care of the task even though it's dark outside. You only have to get enough wood to last for the night." The mother replied somewhat mockingly. Haruette couldn't argue against that, so she tiredly walked back to her room, got dressed in her normal outside clothes, and made her way to the back of the house.

Haruette took out a lantern sitting next to the wall and lighted it with the pieces of flint found next to the lantern. She then searched for the wheel barrow and took it with her as she walked into trees behind the house. "Can't believe my mother sent me into the woods at night just to get some firewood. What if there's a burglar waiting in these very trees? I didn't even bring my bow and arrows." Haruette then felt tempted to take off her eye patch in hoping she would be able to see better, but she decided not to. Haruette carefully walked throughout the trees, picking up any fallen branches or large pieces of wood and placing them in the wheel barrow.

Haruette continued walking until she came to a point where it was impossible to push the wheel barrow any farther. "I suppose this should be enough..." Haruette quietly said to herself. She turned the wheel barrow around and walked back on the path she took. Haruette felt relieved to be going back to her home, but she still hardly felt safe. When Haruette reached her house, she rolled the wheel barrow into the basement and left it there with the firewood. She then put out the lantern and left it in the basement as well. Haruette went back upstairs and announced to her mother that the firewood was down in the basement. "Good job, dear. See, I knew you would be fine out there." Her mother chimed. Haruette sighed and dragged her feet back to her bed.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th July 2011, 1:58 pm

[Attn: Hemiola]

The day was drawing to a close, and while day lives were ending, life for those of the night was about to begin. In a cave to the northwest of Olanthigar, in a nook impossible for anyone to access unless they knew the trick, lay a stone statue. And as the sun disappeared behind the horizon, stone came to life.

The surface of the statue crackled and broke apart, and in a feral roar, shattered and the shards flew outward. But where stone had been, flesh and blood now stood with glowing white eyes. Drios the gargoyle had awaken.

He stretched and flexed his powerful muscles and hiis eyes stopped glowing, revealing sparkling golden eyes. He looked around in the pitch darkness and sighed.

"Ahh," he lamented, "it was a dream. I wish I could've flown with Gisella a little while longer..."

He felt pangs of longing as he thought of his rookery sister. She had died some time before, broken during the day. His eyes glowed again with anger as he remembered; he and his clan had chased the murderers down and made them pay for their crime. He'd never know, now, what might have been...

He shook himself; this was not time for that kind of thinking, he reached in his left pouch and pulled out the heartstone. He felt for the cave wall and held the stone in front of it. Nothing happened.

For an instant he panicked. He was sure he had found a stable ley line channel. But he'd be trapped here in this rock if it had proved to be nothing more than a small channel that had flickered and run its course. He fought down his panic and lowered the fists with which he was about to tear into the wall.

He moved around the small area, and suddenly, the heartstone sprang to life. He breathed a sigh of relief. It seems the channel must not have been flowing as strongly. Reassured, he focused his will and the rock face opened, granting him access to the actual tunnels of the cave. Immediately, the rock behind him sealed up and the heartstone went quiet. He sighed relief.

"C'mon, Drios," he said suddenly, "you have lessons to get to! But first...breakfast!"

He had set some traps the night before, he would check them. But he found himself hoping they hadn't bore any fruit. He'd be able to go on a hunt, then, maybe even spread his wings. It would feel good to have the wind under his wings again, even if only for a short time. It wasn't wise to do it often this close to the heart of The Order. But some of his hunting grounds were far away from human habitation.

As he neared the cave mouth, he suddenly smelled something, then heard it. Someone was in the cave! There was a campfire and he backed back into the darkness. Crap! he thought. I can't have this cave being used!

He thought about scaring the person away, but didn't want to take the risk of someone believing that the raving lunatic actually taking the time to investigate. Maybe he could get rid of them without resorting to violence.

He took his disguise ring out of his left pouch with the heartstone and put it on. Immediately, he felt the guise come onto him.

He walked into the campfire to see a sleeping woman, her cloak covering her face.

"Excuse me?" he said. "I believe you're trespassing in my cave. Who are you and why are you here?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 8th July 2011, 6:42 pm

~Hemiola Setilan~

(ATTN : Drios)

Hearing someone coming and then asking her question she opened her eyes slowly and sit down to look at the person in front of her. He seemed human and she was wondering why someone would live in a cave like this.

''Oh, really I didn't knew someone was already using that cave. And as for what I am doing...'' She said getting up. ''I was simply resting from my hard day.'' She said as she didn't want to let any detail that would make her suspicious of being agaisnt the order. We're never too carefull, on these dark days, you couldn't trust anyone.

''What about you ? It musn't be entirely confortable into a cave for a living. Unless it's more cause you prefer the wild side. '' She said looking at him and wondering on wich side he was. Was it on the order side ? Against it ? Or simply neutral and hiding from it? Many questions like this were crossing her mind. However she was playing it carefull not to let him know too much. Looking more like an elf was making it harder to hide. If anyone would see her face uncovered they would know.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th July 2011, 7:02 pm

"It's not that bad," he said flippantly. "The decor, the scenery," he added, waving at the cave walls, "quite lovely."

"Suffice it to say," he said, "I like my privacy and let's leave it there. I wouldn't deprive a person of their rest and you look a weary traveler. So by all means, rest, just be gone before sunrise tomorrow."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 8th July 2011, 8:41 pm

''I see, well I enjoy natural scenery over cities myself. '' She said looking at the teenage boy. She then smile and reply to him ''Thank you for letting me rest here for the night, I'll leave at sunrise don't worry.''

''Although I would mind a midnight snack.... I didn't eat that much in the day. I'll go try to get fish maybe want any ?'' She said trying to be nice with the boy.

HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th July 2011, 8:45 pm

Drios fought the urge to raise an eyebrow. In his experience, humans seldom did anything that didn't benefit them. There was his teacher, but he was keeping an eye on her to see if she had some hidden agenda.

"I have some traps of my own to check, actually," he answered finally. "However, if you share yours, I'll share mine, but then I must be on my way."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 8th July 2011, 9:34 pm

~Hemiola Setilan~

''Sure thing, I don't mind sharing with someone who apreciate nature.'' She said smiling. Looking around she points a river that was close and ask ''Want to meet there ? Since I imagine you're going in the forest anyway ?...''

In fact she thought the guy was pretty nice and was trying to make their meeting longer, because she wanted to know where he was standing. Of course that didn't mean she would find out and if he turned to be an order it would be trouble. Yet playing with fire carefully was always something fun to do. In her ways of thinking at the least.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th July 2011, 6:39 am

Drios nodded agreement. He pushed back the urge to enjoy this moment--friendly interaction was so rare these days--but it was difficult. He headed off toward the forest, resisting the urge to spring and run on all fours. He was hungry, and the thought of the hunt got his blood flowing.

Immediately, he lamented inwardly as he looked back at the woman by the river. This meant he couldn't go for a night flight. He sighed, a little of the wind taken out of his sails. However, once he was sure he was out of sight, he went quadripedal and ran to check his traps across the forest. The majority of his traps were empty, but three held plump rabbits.

It would be enough to tide him a little, but even with her fish he'd feel a little hungry, still. Suddenly, he caught a whiff of something in the air and smiled. His eyes glowed, though the illusion spell blocked it. Immediately, he climbed up a tree and stalked his prey. A few yards off, he saw it: a young deer.

He moved quietly, not rustling a single limb and moving with deft sureness. His became stock still when the animal inclined its head up. He cursed under his breath as the young deer suddenly bolted and was about to leap down when a large noise disturbed the ground. In an instant, a boar charged into the clearing after the deer.

Drios' eyes were twin moons for the fierce glow coming from them and he bellowed a feral roar that rent the air as he leapt down upon the boar. The boar, hearing the noise, froze for an instant in the terror that only a species that has ever been prey could feel. Drios plowed into him hard and they rolled. The boar, however, wasn't going to give its life cheaply.

It fought hard, rolling away, rearing and headbutting Drios, its tusks managing to tear into his left side. Drios roared with pain and then had the breath knocked out of him as the boar rammed him into a tree. Drios shook his head clear, growled, then grabbed the beast by the tusks and threw him. The boar hit a tree hard and stumbled, he roared and turned to charge again, but Drios was on him. He socked it in the jaw with his left, rammed its skull with his right, then finished with an upward uppercut that sent the beast flying.

The boar rolled on the ground, shakily got to its feet, then turned and fled, squealing. Drios, completely lost to instinct, unfurled his wings, dispelling the disguise charm (it can only conceal so much), and roared in triumph.

Immediately, he charged forward on all fours, leapt up onto a tree and took to the air after the beast. The boar was fast, but Drios was faster in the air. Immediately, he furled his wings and banked toward the ground hard, tackling the boar. With a primal roar, he grabbed the boar's head and in a quick, clean jerk, broke the beast's neck.

He breathed hard, a smile touching his lips at his victory. And then, the nature of his actions hit him like a ton of bricks and he lamented as he quickly looked around to see if anyone noticed. He looked back to the direction of the river where the woman was. There was no way she hadn't heard some of that. He figured he could play it off, though.

Minutes later, after he had collected the rabbits, he emerged from the forest, his disguise ring reactivated. However, it chose to show the rumpling of its clothes and the bruises and scrapes he'd gotten in his fight. That was probably to the good.

He dropped the boar and the rabbits at the meeting spot. "Looks like we feast tonight!" he said cheerfully with pride.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 9th July 2011, 10:15 am

~Hemiola Setilan~

At the same time as the young man she goes out of the cave and went by the river. She removed her boots and raised her leggings enough so they wouldn't get wet. Taking a couple of small knifes in her hands, she was there, not moving and waiting for the fish to come closer.

A couple of good fish were coming closer, as soon as the opportunity came she trew her small knifes so fast that they were pinned to the rocky bottom. She took them out and was wondering if it would be enough. She didn't want to take too much from the river after all.

She prepared slowly the fish to be eaten as well as a new campfire. However at some time in the preparations, she heard huge noises and growl. The birds were flying away from the source scared of the fierce battle that may be hapening.

''...Sound like either two beast or it's the young man who caught a nice prey, hum I wonder if he's okay.... but I guess as long that he's not the one screaming he's fine. She thought as she continue the preparations like nothing was hapening.

When he came back she noticed the few bruises and scrapes he had. ''Wow...looked like you had a pretty interesting fight.'' She said with a smile that then went to a big smile when she saw his share. ''Ouuh nice you're pretty skilled at hunting big. And indeed it shall be a nice feast tonight ! The campfire is ready to cook anything we want.'' She finished with a small smile.

She hoped she could show her face better to the man, but it was still too risky to do so. However she was happy she could eat with someone after such a long time. Even if he was still a complete stranger.

''Oh... and I don't think I asked you your name yet. But let me introduce myself first, my name is Hemiola.''

HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th July 2011, 10:29 am

Drios had begun preparing the boar for feasting, pulling the spit he had made from the cave. As he began rotating the boar, the woman began speaking and gave her name.

"Hemiola?" Drios said interestedly. "That's not a common name and, if memory serves, is related to music. Do you come from a musical family?"

She seemed an interesting sort, if guarded, as evidenced by the fact that not once had she taken off her hood. We've all got something to hide... he thought cynically. It would be a nice change if he found good conversation from someone other than his teacher.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 9th July 2011, 10:31 am

~Hemiola Setilan~

(ATTN : Drios )

She looked at the young man and said ''Hum... my mom was offen playing music and she's the one who chose the name. I play from time to time myself, when I can that is.'' At the end of her sentence there was a short time where her head was a bit higher and her eyes could have be seen. They were crystal blue almost looking like the sea itself was in her eyes.

''The boar smell so delicious, been a while I didn't eat something like this. '' She said as she turned to the beast. She then look back at him ''So what about you ? '' she asked wondering what his name would be.

HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th July 2011, 10:41 am

"Me?" he said amused. "Nothing so glamorous. I'm simply Drios."

Light reflected off of her eyes and he was taken aback by how startlingly blue they were. "You have pretty eyes," he told her without thinking, "a shame you hide them behind that cloak."

As he twisted to reach for herbs to put over the boar, he suddenly felt a stinging pain. He looked down to see a gash in his clothing and subsequently, the flesh beneath on his left side, a memento from the now slain boar. Though nothing life threatening, it certainly bore attention.

"If you'll excuse me a moment," he told her, "I need to get something from the cave."

Immediately he hurried off. He went toward the back where he kept them, pouring water over the wound to clean it, then rubbing some of the herbs in. They stung and he winced, but it was over in an instant. He grabbed bandages and wrapped them around the wound. Satisfied with his work, he headed back out to the fire to once more tend to the boar.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 9th July 2011, 10:42 am

~Hemiola Setilan~

''I see, nice to meet you Drios.'' She said smiling. When he commented on her eyes she replied ''Thanks...and I know it's sad that i'm hiding them....but I have good reasons to hide my head. '' She finished her sentence by letting go of a small sigh. If it was up to her she would show her face to him, but she didn't know yet if it was safe enough to show her face. After all, she had been walking into the shadows for years, alone.

He then was excusing himself going back to the cavern. ''Is he okay ?....Looked like one of his wound got to him.... I would offer some elf medecine, but I dunno if it would be wise to bring it out.... Hum I'll see if he's okay first. She thought to helself watching on their diner and then looked out to the cavern to see him come back.

''Are you alright Drios ?'' She said with a caring tone.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th July 2011, 10:42 am

At her words, and the underlying compassion, Drios couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. He had received very few acts of kindness.

"I'm fine," he replied in a neutral tone. "Thank you for your concern."

Suddenly, her words hit him and before his brain could tell his mouth to shut up, he blurted out, "You're an elf. Or a more elvish looking half-elf."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 9th July 2011, 10:43 am

~Hemiola Setilan~

''Good'' She said relieved that he was okay. However his next word brought a face in shock as he brought up that she would be an elf or an half elf. Questions was crossing her mind and she became quite defensive. ''If he knows and that he's in the order. I could be in danger. However.... I don't know yet where he stand....'' She thought not knowing what to say or do about the situation.

However one question crossed her mind ''How do you know ? '' She said trying to stay calm.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th July 2011, 10:45 am

Immediately, he saw her guard go up and he raised his hands placatingly. "Whoa, there. Your secret's safe. I have no inclination to add to the Order's slave roster."

At her question, he shrugged. "Just an educated guess," he answered, returning his attention to the boar, "you're guarded and have been careful not to let your hood fall back. Though it seems that you're wanting to the way your hands hover around it when you're not thinking about it. Or maybe you are," he said, giving her a searching look.

"Anyway," he continued on, "why would someone need to hide their face, I wondered. You don't walk with shame in your step, so it's not because you're ugly. So obviously, it must be because you're an elf or half-elf." He looked back at her. "How am I doing?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 9th July 2011, 10:45 am

~Hemiola Setilan~

At the mention that he wasn't with the order, she was relieved. And listening to his explaination she replied ''I see, you're pretty good... in fact i'm an half-elf, but I look a lot more elf then human. Wich is why i've been covering my identity well... You know, you're the first in years of lonely travels I would feel to be able to trust. Maybe one would call it weird.'' She finished with a small chuckle.

''Anyway i'm glad you're not with the order... I'll keep your secret lair a secret as well.'' She said smiling. I guess .... I could show him in the end. She thought letting go of a small sigh.

She slowly removed her hood from her her and under it was a beautifull and sweet looking face. Her skin was almost as pale as elf but less then most of them. Her hairs were platine blonde and a bit curly, they were tied in a ponytail on the left of her head. She also had small elven ears, smaller then regular elf. Those blue eyes of her were the trait that came out the most outstanding of all.

''There, this is.....how I look'' she said with a smile. ''Oh, and in case you would have some trouble with those wounds of yours....here'' She add taking out a small pot. ''It's elven medecine. I know how to make it so you can take it. I have one more anyway.'' She says with a caring smile again.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th July 2011, 10:46 am

Drios' eyes widened and he stepped back involuntarily. "You're breathtaking...!" he said in a voice barely above a whisper. He shook himself. "I mean," he added in a flippant voice, "not bad. The world's missing out. And I like that you have more complexion than your average elf." He laughed as he continued rotating the boar. "Everyone always covets their fair skin, but there's nothing wrong with a little color."

"With the Order?" he said with a trace bitterness that he failed to hide. "Not likely, but it's a matter for the rest of the world. I have my own quest."

He waved a hand away at her offer of elven medicine. "The offer's appreciated, but don't worry about me. I'll be fine after some rest. Now," he said sniffing the boar, "it's almost done."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 9th July 2011, 10:46 am

~Hemiola Setilan~

She couldn't help but chuckle at his reaction on her look. ''You're funny. '' She said as she started to laugh with him. She then reply about the skin ''Yeah I know.''

When he declined the elven medecine offer she said ''Alright, feel free to ask if you need any though. '' She put the medecine back in her pocket and snif the air. ''Look like it's ready soon indeed. Smell good''

''And... you mentioned quest ? Must be hard to fufill a quest alone. These past year i've been playing with the fire a lot, trying to snatch info on the order. I didn't get that much though.... I wish I could help all these peoples suffering.... however alone it's just not possible.'' She said looking sad a bit. ''Sorry for this little moment. Haha'' She said with a small chuckle again.

HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th July 2011, 10:47 am

He shrugged at her innocent query. "We all have our quests," he said offhandedly. At her self-deprecating laugh he felt sympathy for her. "Nothing's been easy since The Order came along. However, hu--people brought it on themselves letting this Order take control in the first place.

"I've no interest in the Order's affairs," he went on, "though I owe them for the trouble they caused..."

An inhuman growl started to rise in his throat and he silenced it immediately. Instead, he tore off a leg from the boar and began eating voraciously. He was hungry, after all, and if it stifled this conversation, all the better. His lips were being too loose by his account. Far too loose for his liking.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 9th July 2011, 10:47 am

~Hemiola Setilan~

''Hm, I think everyone own them for what they did, only not anyone is a fighter.... As for the brought it on ourselves, maybe you're right on some point. But still they were attacking with such power.... '' She let a sigh down and add ''If i'm here today it's because my parents protected me, otherwise I would probably be dead. ''

''But the past is the past... '' She says with a small smile that turned into a laugh when she saw Drios eat. ''Wow you sure are hungry ! Guess i'll dig in as well.'' She cut a leg as well and start eating.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th July 2011, 7:16 pm

[Attn: Drios, Hemiola]

There was a loud pop as the tiny little angel appeared in the cave. She fluttered in the air before the two she sought, and a mischievous grin spread across her face as she saw their surprise.

"Hello!" She said cheerfully, "Sorry if I've interrupted anything..." She circled around them, "I'm Avery, messenger of the gods! I've come here because you both have been chosen to help in a quest that can rid the world of The Order and it's tyranny." She grinned at Drios, anticipating the answer of which he would give, and waiting to give the retort she had prepared.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th July 2011, 8:13 pm

[Attn: Avery]

At a sudden pop, Drios leapt forward, rolled, and turned to the sound prepared to unleash h*ll, an inhuman growl in his throat. Had the Order discovered him somehow. However, the intruder was nothing more than a small girl with angel wings that introduced herself as Avery. At her explanation, he failed to suppress another inhuman growl and if the disguise charm hadn't been on, his eyes would've been twin suns for the brightness of them. Anger and wrath infused his very being and poured out of his words.

"Your gods have chosen me, eh?" he snarled in contempt, the growl accenting his words. "Where were your gods when my people were being slaughtered? And now they suddenly decide to help out of the goodness of their hearts? What's in it for them? No," he added after a second's thought, "I don't care. Tell them they can get stuffed! I have my own quest and I'll not be sidetracked from it by your gods."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top