Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Booke of Arcana - Group 2

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Booke of Arcana - Group 2 Empty The Booke of Arcana - Group 2

Post by Guest 7th July 2011, 10:21 pm

Pelor and Heironious, gods of the sun and of justice pace around their viewing room, glancing every once in awhile at a pool of water in the center of the room which reflects the goings on of Elthyria.

"It's getting worse..." Heironious said, "What are we going to do? At this rate, Elthyria will fall and it will no longer be a place of peace."

"We were not meant to meddle in the affairs of mortals." Pelor replied, "However, this will escalate and once Elthyria is taken by it, it will start to effect us. Bloodraven is seeking the answers on how to become a god..."

"And our enemies, the evil gods are supporting him in this..." Heironious added.

Pelor walked to the pool and looked down into it, watching the world of man, then he smiled, "We may not be able to directly help mortals...but there's nothing that says we can't give them a friendly shove in the right direction..." The pool shifted, and rippled and then a woman came into view. She was sitting in a chair....reading. Usually there is nothing peculiar about someone reading, but she had a white sash tied around her eyes, obviously blinded by it to be reading. A snowy white owl was perched on her shoulder. It too seemed to be reading the contents of the book.

"Ah yes...Navari Valance..." Heironious muttered, "Her father was a planeswalker, wasn't he?"

"Yes." Pelor replied, "One of the last...murdered by Bloodraven because he would not join the Order. Because she was so young, Bloodraven tortured her and blinded her as a warning not to go against him...but...Thomas Valance knew he was going to be killed, and he passed his knowege onto his daughter."

"Knowledge?" Heironious asked.

"The Knowledge of the Booke of Arcana...where it lies...and how to get past it's obstacles in hopes that she could claim the book and put an end to The Order's reign. He was one of the 12 that constructed the book...going from world to world gathering up every spell not yet recorded."

"Surely Bloodraven would want such a book..."

"He knows of it, but believes it to be nothing but a myth. With that, we have an advantage over him...she is going to have to set out soon to find the booke...so we can put a stop to this before it's too late. Avery!"

There was a little pop and a small little girl with tiny angel wings appeared. She wore white robes and sandals on her feet. Golden bangles jingled on her wrists and her long golden hair flowed down to the small of her back. Her eyes were pale blue. "You called?" She said in a sweet, childish voice.

"Yes. I need you to go to Navari Valance and give her a message from the gods. Tell her it is time for her to seek out the Booke and accomplish her father's wishes."

"Pelor...surely she can't do this alone?" Heironious interjected.

"Of course not." He said dismissively, "Avery, once you speak to her, I want you to seek out these people to meet up with her and help her. I have been watching these selected individuals for awhile now, and I find them capable of accomplishing the task at hand."

Avery nodded, and from out of nowhere there appeared a piece of parchment and a quill in her hands as she began to scribble down the names Pelor gave her.

"Trieste Larell, Covina Nicolet, Talon Rygnis, Iggy Dytiarte, and Jinhosa Asheye." Pelor smiled at Avery.

"Done!" She said in triumph, "I won't let ya down, sir!" She said with a salute and then she put the parchment into a pocket on her robes and jumped into the pool of water.

"Now..." Pelor said, "We wait."

Navari sat in a big comfy chair by the fire blazing in the hearth reading a big, thick, leather bound book titled "The Adventures of Sir Gwain: A Knight's Tale. She had read it multiple times, but it was one of her favorites. Luka, her snowy white owl was perched on her shoulder reading the book as well, for he was the only way Navari could see. Their telepathic link allowed her to see through his eyes so she wasn't completely blind, but saw the world from his eyes. It took her awhile to get used to at first, but now she figured if she ever did get her normal eyesight back it would be unfamiliar.

There was a sudden loud pop, and Navari jumped, the book slipped out of her hands, and with a loud hoot, Luka flew up into the rafters, Navari all the while seeing through his eyes as he flew upwards. He scanned around and saw the source of the noise - a small child with angel wings was hovering just in front of Navari's face. Seeing from Luka's point of view, she saw herself sitting in the chair with girl hovering only inches from her face.

"Who are you?" Navari asked calmly.

"My name is Avery!" The girl said happily, "I was sent to you with a message from the gods!"

Navari raised her eyebrows. She had long ago lost faith in the gods, blaming them for what happened to her...what happened to her parents...and what is happening to the world. Therefore, she did not bother wasting breath on prayer, or energy on worship.

When she didn't say anything, Avery became somewhat uncomfortable, "So...umm...anyway...I was told to tell you that you need to start...umm...the quest that your father set before you long ago...to find the book he helped create...the book that can end The Order's tyranny."

Navari stood up and picked her book up off the floor, "And why can't they do it themselves? They're gods. Surely they can just come on down here and get the book themselves. For that matter, they're gods. Can't they just wave their hands and kill all the members of the Order? That would be much more convenient."

Avery looked offended, "They aren't allowed to meddle in the affairs of mortals! It's against their rules!"

Navari laughed, "Luka, point me to the bookcase." Navari's view of things shifted as Luka, from atop the rafters, looked over at the book case. Navari made her way over to it slowly, being careful not to bump into anything, and slid the book back into the book case, "Well then that is a problem isn't it?"

Avery screwed up her face in anger, "Ooooh! But you PROMISED YOUR FATHER!"

Navari froze. Avery had evidently struck a nerve, "That...was long ago. Before my parents were murdered...and before I was tortured and blinded. I can't keep my promise."

"You have to, Navari...that book is the only way the Order can be stopped...and only you know the way to it...don't think about this as being a mission to complete on behalf of the gods then, but think about all the innocent people who are being forced to do evil things for the Order...who are being killed by the Order...they need to be stopped, and you're the only one who can do that."

"Alone?" Navari said, contemplating things.

"No...I was given a whole list of people the gods think will be beneficial to you on this quest." She smiled, "Once I'm done here, I am supposed to go fetch them for you."

Navari thought for a moment. "What do you think, Luka?" She asked the owl. Luka ruffled his feathers before answering, I think we should do this. We've been stuck in this tower for AGES...and it is only a matter of time before The Order starts clearing out this forest for more of their cities. I think we should do it.

Navari sighed, "Fine. I will do this...but it's not for the gods. I'm doing it for us mortals. The ones the gods have seemed to forgotten."

Avery didn't argue. She was just happy she got Navari to oblige, "Tomorrow. I will have everyone here in your tower...then you can set out." With another "pop!" Avery disappeared.

Navari heaved a heavy sigh and fell back into her chair. Luka came and perched on her shoulder once more, Come on, Vari. This will be a grand adventure! We can finally avenge your parents, and yourself.

"Yeah.." Was all Navari had to say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Booke of Arcana - Group 2 Empty Re: The Booke of Arcana - Group 2

Post by Luna 9th July 2011, 8:31 pm

Covina Open

Jinhosa pulled a black hood over his head and pulled a thin piece of black fabric across his mouth and nose. He left out of the camp site he had been staying in. Since The Order had taken over he had never stayed in one place long. His father being human and all was alright. However he was half elf. The only thing welcoming about that was that he looked more human than elf. His face was that of a human but his ears were that of an elf.

When he lived with his mother who was an elf, he had worn his hair long but when his father had come to take him away to live with him to keep him safe he had made him cut it off. However to keep his ears from showing he was allowed to keep it at a certain length. He missed those days with his mother. He was five when he was taken away and he had a new born baby half sister. He never saw her after that as a free elf.

He put his gear on so that he could stealthy go to Covina’s place. She was an elf that was also a slave. Her master seemed to take good care of her and he met with her often to find information about what the Order was up to next. He quickly was able to get through the trees and watched as her master was doing target practice. Then he could hear her calling him in for breakfast. He waited a good period of time before giving a sound that sounded much like a cricket. On a normal occasion he would have used a grass and made a whistle from it but he didn’t want her master to be on the guard. He was unsure of where he stood with The Order since he was a member of them.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 10th July 2011, 11:20 am

Tal sat down on his bed and started pulling his boots on. He reached over and took a piece of string off his night table and pulled his hair into a ponytail, then stood up and grabbed his coat. He headed toward the door, picking up his bow and arrows on the way out.

He stepped outside. The sun was shining down through the trees, giving the area an ethereal glow. It wasn’t hard to believe that elves used to live here. Tal walked through the wet grass around to the back of his living quarters where there was a large tree. The tree had a target drawn on it and was full of small holes.

Since he was off duty, Tal had decided to spend his time doing target practice. He was well-known for his prowess in archery, but he always needed to stay sharp. He slung his quiver over his shoulder and pulled an arrow out of it. He raised his bow and nocked the arrow, aimed for a moment, then let the arrow fly. It hit the target dead centre. He shot a couple more in the same fashion, all hitting right in the centre.

The sound of the arrows hitting the tree reverberated through the forest. It was so quiet here, a far cry from Olanthogar, where Tal had been born. After he had become a soldier, The Order had sent him out to Amaranth, basically the middle of nowhere. They probably didn’t trust him after his parents’ attempted rebellion. He couldn’t do much damage out here if he decided to do the same, and they could kill him off quietly without anyone ever knowing.

Thinking about his parents caused his focus to slip, and the next arrow he shot completely missed the target, hitting the tree a foot below it. He gritted his teeth and refocused, then shot more arrows into the centre of the target.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 10th July 2011, 11:24 am

Trieste climbed out of her bed slowly, still half-asleep. She looked around the cottage that she lived in, taking in her surroundings like she usually did when she woke up. Good. None of the Order people have come. she thought to herself. You can never be too careful.

She then stood up, still disoriented, and walked over to pick up her flute that was laying on a plain wooden table. She played a little tune on it perfectly, then set it back on the table. Now she was awake.

"Time to get dressed!" she said cheerfully, and headed towards a pile of clothes neatly folded in a corner of the cottage.

Once dressed, she grabbed her flute and a torn hat and headed outside. It was time for her to get to "work".
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th July 2011, 11:34 am

Covina wakes up just before the sunrise. She rises out of bed and gets herself ready for another day. She hears Talon beginning to stir, so she quickly sets out his bow and arrows by the door. She then goes to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast.

Covina considers herself quite fortunate. As an elf she has no control what happens to her or who she will be going with. She does miss her mom very much, although Covina was lucky to stay with her as long as she did. She looks out the window watching Talon practice his archery. Yes quite lucky indeed...Talon treats her with respect, their relationship somewhat borders on friendship. Covina was truly afraid when she learned that she was going to be a present for a solider of the order.

Covina steps away from the window. Knowing that Talon is busy she uses her magic to start a fire in the fireplace. She looks at her hand. What a waste of my magic, she thinks to herself. She knows what happens to elves who use magic though, so for now at least, she will have to put up with this.

Covina finishes preparing breakfast. She quickly sets the table then opens the back door. She calls out to Talon. "Mr. Rygnis breakfast is ready sir."
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 10th July 2011, 11:35 am

Tal heard Covina call from the back door. "Be there in a sec!" he called back, waving to her. He walked over to the tree and pulled the arrows out of it and placed them back into his quiver. He then headed into the house.

It was a small house made completely of wood by some elf who had probably long since been enslaved or killed. The kitchen was tiny but functional, and there was an eating area with a table large enough to seat four, though it was only usually the two of them. There was a fireplace with a few chairs placed in front of it over in the corner. Their beds were over in the other corner. All the furniture and stuff was already there when Tal had moved in.

Covina had set the table and had everything ready when he came in. He felt bad for her and treated her like an equal; he felt this slave business was nonsense. However, that's what elves were now and her being his slave was safer than the alternative.

"This looks great," he said, smiling at her. He sat down at the table and began chowing down.

Something furry brushed against his legs, but he didn't need to look and see what it was. His familiar, a cat named Lita, was his constant companion and he knew without a doubt that it was her. He reached down and pet her while he ate.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th July 2011, 11:42 am

Covina holds the door open and waits for Talon to enter. She hears the cricket noise, knowing exactly what it means. She holds up her hand with her fingers spread out. Hoping that Jinhosa gets the message.

She sat across from Talon. She knows how he feels about her, having voiced his opinion many times. She is quite fortunate for the arrangement they have. She doesn't feel much like a slave at all more like hired help. Not like the first person she was with...Let's just say she's never been more thankful for her druid magic.

When she sees Lita with Talon. She quickly rises. "Oh goodness I forgot to clean out her box. Forgive me, I will be right back."

Before Talon could protest, Covina grabs the box and races outside. She goes to the edge of the property bordering the trees. She returns the cricket noise.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th July 2011, 12:46 pm

"Silence is key." Iggy perched on the back of the chair the man was sitting in. "Don't speak. Your life will be cut even shorter. Don't move. Or this blade will most certainly end you."
The man breathed raggedly, the blade hovering less than an inch from his neck.
"Do you want to know who I am? Nod your answer. Do it now."
The man feverishly shook his head up and down, his eyes bright with fear.
"To you, I have no name. But I bring you a gift. The gift of death." Iggy whispered. "Someone does not care for you. Therefore, they came to me. And I have no conscience that objects my killing of you. I must apologize, however. My work here is not my cleanest."
A maid tapped on the door, and Iggy's eyes flicked to the side.
"Sir? I brought the tea you requested." she said formally.
"Repeat this statement. 'Thank you, but I have decided I do not want tea. Please leave me to my studies.' Say it now."
"Thank you.." the man stammered, beads of sweat forming on his forehead, "but I do not want.. I do not.. want.."
"Finish the statement." Iggy hissed into the man's ear.
The man cracked.
"My god.. will save me.." he whispered, then he began to yell, "Help! He's going to ki--!"
He was abruptly cut off by the blade slitting his throat.
The blood ran down his front and dripped onto the floor as he collapsed in a heap.
"Sir! I can't.. I can't get in! SIR!" the maid frantically rattled the door.
Iggy stood, wiping the blood of his knife on the back of the man's shirt.
"Where's your god now?" he whispered coldly, turning his back to the man's crumpled form.
Gliding to the window, he threw himself over the ledge, and slid down the face of the building, his fingers barely gracing the stone of the wall. As he hit the ground and broke into a run, he called "Howl!"
The lean, hawk-owl hybrid screeched in return, dropping in altitude to fly adjacent to Iggy's running body. They kept running until they were safely out of range from the building.
Iggy leaned against a tree, pushed back the hood of his close-fitting black shirt back from his face, and held out his arm. Howl came to carefully land on the middle of his forearm, and screeched. Pulling some bread out of his pocket, Iggy let the bird eat quietly out of his hand.
"Today is a good day." he said, grinning, as he looked up at the sky above.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th July 2011, 4:46 pm

Covina

Jinhosa returns the cricket noise and pops out from behind a thick brush area.

"Good morning Covina. it is a pleasure to see you. How are you this morning." he asked. He pulled the black piece from away from his mouth and removed his hood.

just like mother use to look. he thought. She even sounded like her. How he missed his mother so.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th July 2011, 6:00 pm

Covina shifted the box and nods at Jinhosa "I am surprised to see you today and at this time. Talon is off duty right now and is home." She then gets a smile on her face as she removes a scroll from a hidden part of the box. "I am doing well thank you. Talon treats me very well considering I am his slave. Here is the information I got, it is not very much. I only hope it helps."

She looks around. "I hate to cut this meeting short, but it is dangerous right now. See you later."

Covina winks and cleans out the box before returning to the house.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th July 2011, 6:03 pm

Covina

Jinhosa smiles and takes the scroll from her. "Thank you. Little information is better then none at all." he said. He pulled his hood over his head and pulled up the thin fabric over his mouth and nose again.

"I will be back when I can. I must move camp grounds again." he looking around. He blended himself with the shrubbery and spoke again.

"Until then. I hope your master treats you well as you say he does. I have seen others that have not made it out alive." he said point blank.

With that he disappeared back into the area going from tree to tree rock to anything where he could not be seen.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th July 2011, 6:05 pm

Covina re enters the kitchen, sets down the box, and washes her hands. She then sits back down at the table and begins to eat once again. "Talon, what are you up to today? Are you off duty all day?" She is a bit more casual since it is only the two of them.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 11th July 2011, 7:41 pm

Tal watched Covina dash out with Lita's box. She wasn't usually that eager to go out and clean it, but Tal had noticed she did odd things from time to time. Lita came out from under the table and sat to Tal's left; she looked up at him with big, green eyes.

She was in a bit of hurry, wasn't she? Perhaps she wanted to get it done quickly so she could come back and eat, or maybe there's something more... Lita's voice purred in Tal's mind.

Maybe we're reading too much into this, he thought back to her.

Lita looked like a regular cat; she was black and white and very fluffy. But just to look at her you could see the intelligence in her eyes. She was Tal's best friend and was very good at hashing things over.

Covina returned and sat back down at the table.

"I have patrol duty this afternoon," he replied to her question. "What about you?"
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th July 2011, 7:49 pm

Covina thinks for a moment "I don't think there is much I have to do this afternoon. I should be finished with the housework before you leave. Is there something you need to have done? Anything special you would like for dinner?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 11th July 2011, 7:55 pm

"Nope, guess you're free to do what you want while I'm gone," Tal smiled at Covina. "As for dinner, surprise me."

He finished eating and took his plate to the sink. There were still a few hours until he had to go on duty, but he didn't really have anything planned.

"Hmmm, you want to go for a walk or something? It's such a nice day today after all those days of rain we just had."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th July 2011, 8:22 pm

Covina returns the smile. "I guess I can always put off the housework until after you are gone. I would like to take a walk. Are you sure it is okay though? I am technically your slave after all. I don't want to get you in any trouble."

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 11th July 2011, 8:25 pm

"It'll be fine, don't worry," Tal assured Covina. He didn't really have a plan in mind, but he was sure he could come up with something if someone confronted them.

Lita's laugh pervaded his mind. You think you could come up with something on the spot?

Tal shot her a look. He then went to the door and opened it, gesturing for Covina to go out first. Before she could, however, Lita went running out playfully.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th July 2011, 8:49 pm

Covina follows Lita out the door. She laughs lightly at the cat. She takes a few steps beyond the door before turning around and waiting for Talon. She doesn't want to get too far ahead knowing that slaves don't lead the way "So is there anywhere in particular you want to go?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 11th July 2011, 8:54 pm

Tal walked out behind Covina and closed the door.

"Eehh, not really," he replied. "I hadn't really thought that far ahead."

Lita looked around a moment, then thought to Tal, Follow me, then. She trotted out in front of the human and elf, then looked back at them expectantly.

"Guess she's leading the way," Tal chuckled.

Lita started walking again, so he followed her. The cat headed out toward the more tree-filled part of the forest.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th July 2011, 9:18 pm

Covina follows Lita as if it was the most natural thing. "Lita is a very beautiful cat, have you had her long?" Covina was relieved that they were headed toward the forest instead of the city.

She puts her hands behind her back walking next to Talon. "I thank you for treating me so well. You are one of the nicer humans I met."

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 11th July 2011, 9:19 pm

Tal continued to follow Lita through the trees as he walked next to Covina. Amaranth was such a nice place, and truth be told he did like it more than Olanthogar, but at the same time he had more of an attachment to Olanthogar since that was where he had lived up until five years ago.

"Lita's been with me for a long time," he replied to Covina's question. "Let's see, it must be at least ten years now."

"The way I see it, we're all people, no matter what our race is. I treat you just like I would treat a human; you're not my slave, you're my friend. I don't understand how other people can feel differently."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th July 2011, 9:42 pm

"Wow she is an older cat then. Funny she looks younger than that." Covina looks from Lita to Talon. "Thank you Talon. I wish everyone believed the same way." She wanted to keep the mood light, and decides to change the subject. "So tell me about Olanthogar. I have never been there before."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 12th July 2011, 5:00 pm

"Olanthogar..." Tal trailed off, thinking back to his days before he was in The Order. "It's very lively there. There are way more people there than there are here and there was always something going on. Unfortunately, The Order rules with an iron fist there, so there's less freedom."

He stopped talking after that and just looked ahead. Talking about that place was harder than he thought it would be.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 12th July 2011, 6:48 pm

{Attn: Talon}

Covina heard him stop the conversation. A scowl shows up on her face while she grumbles under her breath. "The Order destroys everyone's lives and for what...their own well-being." She covers her mouth, she hopes that Talon didn't catch that. She knows that Talon doesn't agree with the everything the Order does, but he is still part of the organization.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 15th July 2011, 6:12 pm

Open.

Jinhosa made it back to his camp site. He checked around to make sure no one had been there. He then preceded to take his things and get them ready for a move on. He has hardly anything to move. Just a few cook items and some sleeping gear. Thats just about it for him. Since he is always on the move he keeps few items other then his ninja gear. He packs them up and looks around. For some reason he felt as though he was being followed. He narrowed his eyes and put down his one bag. He then took the only thin line of rope and tossed one end around a tree limb. Then tying the other end to the base of the tree he hooks his things to it and pulls it up out of the way to where no one can see it.

He makes sure the scroll that Covina gave him earlier is tucked into a pocked of the inside of his shirt. He then went back into the woodlands making sure to cover his tracks so that no one know where to find his things.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top