Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Secret Wars.

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 37 Empty The Secret Wars.

Post by EphPhoenix 5th December 2012, 11:54 am

First topic message reminder :

He sighed as he stood before his outfit and arsenal. The time had come. He had prepped for this for months, now, so there was no reason to be nervous. (Right?)

He began checking his gear: grapples, holy bombs, sleep grenades, sticky pellets, jacks, marbles, fog bombs, rope, etc. He fastened on his gloves and pulled his goggles down over his eyes, then put his hat on. Finally, he grabbed his staff and headed for the elevator. Tonight was the night.

Once on the roof, he began going over a mental list. The Cockerspaniel, Hoots for Holler, Beer Belly Bongos, Grendel's Dive, and Horust's House of Happy. These places had a certain clientele and would be the most likely to have the information he was looking for.

He ran and leapt off the roof, managing to land on a nearby one and continued running. His heart pounded in his chest and the blood rushed to his ears. He'd never felt so alive.

After ten minutes of rooftop hopping, he found the place he was looking for: The Cockerspaniel. Looking around, he slipped down into an alleyway and walked toward the place. As he neared, he kicked the door open, instantly bringing all eyes onto him.

"Look alive, assholes!" he growled. "I'm lookin' for answers and if ya don't give'em to me, you'll be eatin' pavement for dessert!"

He was met with silence, then suddenly everyone burst into laughter. Alfredo made a face as he involuntarily blushed.

"Whose idea for the entertainment?"

"You behind this, Vinny?"

"What a mook!"

"Hey, kid! Beat it before your mommy comes lookin' fer ya!"

Alfredo's face got redder with each word until finally, he walked over to the nearest table and kicked it over, toppling the men sitting there with it. Laughter stopped immediately followed by the sounds of raucous men.

Alfredo leapt back as one of the men at the table swung at him, retaliating by kicking him hard in the stomach. The man doubled over and Alfreado finished him with a roundhouse kick to the face. Another man swung at him and Alfredo side-stepped and grabbed the arm and flipped him over, stumbling and almost tumbling after. Was easier when I practiced it on the dummy...

He turned and caught a graze to the jaw that sent him stumbling into two men who grabbed him. The guy who hit him came running and Alfredo leapt and kicked out, his feet planting in the man's face and sending him flying backward. Immediately, he turned his palms toward the men and a bolt of lightning emanated from both gloves, sending the men flying with smoke rising from their chests.

"Shit! He's a mage!"

"Fuck that! He's a rookie!"

"Get'im!"

He leapt out of the way of a charge and kicked the guy in the back to help him on his way, dodged another punch and cuffed the man in the chin, causing him to crumple (Yes!), then fell to the ground as a chair struck him in the back.

Stars swam in front of his eyes and he shook them away, rolling free as the man with the chair tried to slam it on him. He leapt to his feet and struck out, getting the man in the throat. He then pulled out his staff and swung hard, cuffing the man in the chin and causing him to spin backward through the air before belly-flopping on the floor.

Staff in hand, he struck another man, down, thrust the butt into another man's gut, then went flying back as a man tackled him. He grunted as he hit the ground and brought his knee up instinctively, kneeing the man in the groin and shoving him off.

It went like this for another few minutes until, finally--blessedly--he was the last man standing. He bent over, breathing hard. This was a lot harder than the books and his practicing had led him to believe. He pushed to his feet and walked over to a man and kicked him over, pulling out a knife and pointing it at his groin.

"You're just the cocksucker I was looking for," he growled breathlessly. "Barnabas Hexam. You work, huff, for the Stoneham Gang. You and I need to have words..."

"Go fuck yourself, kid," the man spat. "I ain't tellin' you sh--okay, okay! Let's be civil about this..." Alfredo had jammed the knife a little into the man's crotch.

"That's better," he said. "Tell me about the work you do for the Dooley Foundation..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Secret Wars. - Page 37 Empty Re: The Secret Wars.

Post by Guest 2nd February 2013, 12:47 pm

Hailey's heart nearly exploded with joy as she heard Helena speaking to them from the comm. A smile appeared on her face than followed by a wicked grin. Helena really was quite talented.

But she managed to keep the joy to her self and say. "Alright let's go help this girl out and throttle some demons" she says with a darkly wicked grin while rolling the sleeves of her hoodie up. "Alfie I hope u have that contraption ready for me or I might just ask u guys to leave the room while I go nuts on their asses" she says getting darker and darker, her eye twitching as she cracks her knuckle, thinking about what she would do to them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd February 2013, 1:03 pm

"Helen?!" Kropp was immediatly at Henry's side, staring at the communicator in joy. "You're alive!" From the other end Helena grinned. "Damn straight, to both of you." She searched the room for an exit, only finding one door that she was sure was guarded. "You can't keep a girl like me down." Despite her outward confidence one could sense the edge of fear in her voice. "Henry, Kropp; how soon can you get here? Because I'm not sure I can get out of this alone. I can sense this place is crawling with them-" There was a loud pop and a shriek; the sound of wrenching metal and a large thud and clang. Then there was silence. After a moment or two a voice rang eerily from the communicator; not belonging to either of the men. "Oh, Henry- how much we have heard about you. You really should have come here yourself; instead of sending your little..friend. Oh, she was far too careless. I'm sure you would have at least posed a challange for us. But; now that we know that she knows you, and is obviously aware of our existence- things are about to go very bad for her." The com then went silent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 2nd February 2013, 1:42 pm

Henry froze as the new voice rang through, shakily turning the volume up on the communicator. He released the button on the communicator, a chill running down his spine as the comm finally went silent. He waited. Still nothing. Shit.

He set the comm down on the table, his hand barely shaking. "Okay," he said. "Does anyone have a plan?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd February 2013, 1:58 pm

Kropp's blood ran cold, and he took a step back. "I...sleeping gas. I need to get it into the vents- on the lower floors if we're skimpy. Alfredo, could you find a way to disable the security bots? If not we'll just have to twist some metal." Kropp flung open another large case, filled with small packs of sleeping gas. "One is enough to knock out a platoon. I also brought flash grenades, killing an entire military base won't look too good on my record."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd February 2013, 3:53 pm

Hailey's eyes widened and her whole body began to tremble slightly. After a moment, her expression filled up with rage, she cringed enough to make her teeth creek together and her nails were digging into her palms once more.

She manages to contain her self with inhuman amounts of effort before struggling to say "What ever were doing... We better figure it out soon before I just decide to go on a killing spree" her eyes filled with rage and bloodlust.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 2nd February 2013, 5:14 pm

"Glad to hear you feel that way, Kropp."

Alfredo walked up the stairs from the lab fully decked out and wearing a trench coat, equipment trailing behind him in a self mobile transport table. He carried the healing gun in his both hands. Lucia took one look at him and snorted.

"Overcompensating a bit, aren't we?" she said before doubling over in outright laughter.

"I have half a mind to blast you with this," he said evenly, rolling his eyes. To Kropp and Lucia, he threw a belt with a gun and weird crystals in holsters on the belt.

"These are demon nullifiers," he explained. "After analyzing Henry's method and discussing it further with Etrigan, I've devised a way to evict a demon from possessing someone. I don't recommend trying it unless they've been weakened first, otherwise it won't work. When you do it, you'll be locked into a battle of wills, trying to pull them out--like pulling fish out with a rod. I'm working on a way to just outright annihilate them from the host body without harming the host, but for the time being, this is the closest it comes. The host won't be harmed by this, but the demon will be right livid."

He tossed a pack to Henry. "An magic gun, with different nozzles for the element you'd like to attack with. You have fifteen shots before you'll need to insert a new crystal. I've given you five refills."

Lucia rolled her eyes. "I still don't believe in this 'demon' hokum--but I'll keep an open mind."

Alfredo nodded. That was more than he had expected from her in the first. He turned to Hailey and added an attachment to her belt.

"This will guard against demonic aura penetrating your body. It merges with your aura to cast a holy shield. It has a two-hour operating span and will activate upon sensing demonic power. You'll know when it comes on and it'll give warning when it's close to being out of power." He attached packs to her belt. "These are energy crystals. Insert here and it'll eject the old core."

He stepped back and looked between them. "Any questions?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 2nd February 2013, 5:30 pm

Henry still stared down at the comm on the table, praying it might come back on. Still silence. He straightened as Alfredo suddenly came up the stairs, his eyebrows shooting up at the equipment he brought with him. That was a lot of work done in only a few hours.

His jaw nearly dropped, though, when Alfredo started explaining the guns he gave to Kropp and Lucia. Holy hell, that's useful. If this thing worked, he wouldn't have to clear out the whole damn base by himself. He caught the weapon thrown to him, scowling down at the gun. My gun is fine...

He strapped it next to the gun already at his belt, and looked up. "Yes. So I assume this means we're no longer going for a stealthy entry?" he asked. "And besides that, it might be best to test those guns" - he pointed at Kropp and Lucia - "before we get out there. Or at least, I might demonstrate the sort of effect it would have. All it does is connect them, right? So they'll still have to fight with the demon. Be best if they had some idea what to expect."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd February 2013, 5:42 pm

Kropp wrapped the belt about himself and raised his hand. "Like I said; sleeping gas in the vents. Unless you want to take on the entire city's military and get branded as terrorists- which is probably a lot less fun and a lot more 'man hunt-y' than what some of us have been experiencing. SO maybe sit on that thought for a couple seconds."He glanced at Henry, then at Lucia. "And as much as I appreciate the view maybe something that doesn't scream 'I am not here to make nice'?" From the communicators came a slow, eerie sobbing, moan; and if one listened closely they could make out a pained chorus of qI'm sorry'. The voice repeated this like aritualistic chant. It wasn't recognizable, or barely, without its usual confident demeanor; but it was Helena. She yelped, groaning; her voice choked- as if an invisible force was strangling her. She grunted and moaned, small yelps coming from the com.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 2nd February 2013, 6:52 pm

"The gas is only gonna last so long, though," he pointed out. "Especially in such a huge building. We might end up stranded in there as they wake up..."

He trailed off as he suddenly noticed the sounds coming from the comm... sobbing. "I'm sorry," she sobbed, over and over, and yelped in pain, and his jaw clenched. Damn him...

He snatched up his comm, turning away and scowling. Well, there was no harm in him talking. He already knew he was there. He hit the button. "You've made your point," he said into the intercom, his voice flat.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd February 2013, 7:00 pm

"Yes, but it'll at least give us a head start charging in there..... And it'd only be the lower levels. The fans will keep it circulating in the air." Kropp's voice tensed. The voice on the other end picked up, amusement playing in his word. "Oh? And what point would that be, Henry?" He chuckled and in the background Helena let out a scream and a choked gasp; a tensed yelp coming from her. "Quite strange you know; she really is rather fond of the lot of you. She's putting up quite an amiable fight; still losing, of course. She seems to care quite a considerable amount about you specifically, as well. Oh, how ashamed she is that she let you down. Tsk, tsk- the poor dear." The voice taunted him, taking a great deal of joy in doing so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 2nd February 2013, 7:45 pm

Henry took his finger off the button for a moment, collecting himself. He took in a breath and pressed it down again. "Let her go," he said, his voice dangerously soft. "She can tell you nothing you don't already know."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd February 2013, 8:10 pm

The voice laughed from the other end. "Oh, we know that. But; she's useful to us for a different reason entirely. " There was a moment or two of silence before the voice spoke in a lower tone. "We can use her to get to you. You see; people work in strange ways, they care for others to the point that their lives come to have more effect on them than their own. While this little girl doesn't mean so extremely much to you; her agony angers you, doesn't it? You want to kill me, don't you? You're angry at us for causing her to suffer? Ah, Henry; she is far too useful to be let go. She's a mental weapon- a war of the mind that we're using to bait you here; and despite the fact that we just told you that- you'll still come. Why? Because the thought of freeing her and destroying us is too much for you to resist."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 2nd February 2013, 10:06 pm

Henry was silent. "You realize," he said, "I would have come to storm your little hole whether you had her or not." I, he said, not we. The less he implied about them, the better. And the longer he got him to talk, he realized, the more likely he would let something important slip. "So none of this is necessary."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd February 2013, 10:13 pm

"Ah, this is true." The voice chuckled. "But it makes it so much more interesting when we have something you want." In the background Helena gave a choked scream of agony, slurring out sobbed apologies and pleas. "Her mind really is an interesting place; you should try it sometime. Then again, the mind of a teenage girl is rather complex. Oh, and tell 'Hailey', 'Alfredo', and 'Albert' I said hello." He laughed, Helena now sobbing in the background. "I'm sorry- I'm so sorry, Henry." She cried. "Did I tell you you could speak, pet?" The voice sighed; Helena shrieked, her voice once again becoming intangible noises of pain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 2nd February 2013, 11:11 pm

His knuckles were white from his grip on the comm. He didn't say a word. He released his hold on the button, helpless fear flashing across his face for a moment. He knew well what that felt like. It wasn't a torment he'd wish on anyone...

"It's alright, Helena," he said into the comm, trying to keep his voice from shaking. "Don't worry about it, okay? The less you fight the less it hurts, There's no shame in it." He ignored the damned demon. There was no point in bantering with him.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd February 2013, 11:59 pm

Helena managed to find her voice, forcing out pained words. "I...can't- won't...let him." She cringed. "Into my mind.." The demon mocked her. "Oh, dear, but you already have. Your thoughts, memories, knowledge, all belong to me now. You must feel powerless? A horrid feeling, isn't it? Ah, Henry, I do recommend you hurry up- before I become bored and do something rash like-" He paused. "Maybe throw her in the generator? I have no idea what it would do; but I can only imagine it'd be horribly painful and; not to mention, lethal." Helena gave a small shriek of fear and he laughed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd February 2013, 12:06 am

Henry was shaking - not from fear, more from suppressed rage. He released the button on the comm and set the comm back on the table, letting his taunts fall without response. "He won't say anything useful," he said. "And he won't kill her." That he was certain of, in spite of his taunts. He'd already just called her too useful to let go. "So what's the plan."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd February 2013, 9:08 am

The whole exchange had left Alfredo a bit weak in the knees. He felt a hand squeeze his and looked up to see Lucia offering him a consoling smile and an encouraging nod.

"You're handling this well," she said in a voice meant for him alone.

He squeezed her hand briefly and smiled his thanks before straightening himself. "The plan is simple: infiltration. There are more ways than just the front entrance to get into that place. There's an underground channel into the base through the sewers that leads into their pressure station and ventilation systems."

Lucia grinned and folded her arms. "But you hate the sewers," she said teasingly. "All those lovely germs and--"

"Be that as it may," he continued sharply, giving her a quick look, "it's the best point of entry and the best chance we have of getting in undetected. From there, we can go with Kropp's plan of incapacitating them." He looked at Kropp. "Be warned, though, that those possessed by more powerful demons aren't going to be affected, and we will have to fight them. Any questions?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd February 2013, 10:17 am

Hailey's mind was about to blow up after that exchange. Hearing Helena so broken made her feel it herself, she was trying to bring the pieces back together in vain. She looks at Alfredo for a second and says "No none, let's do this" she said cringing trying to contain her rage and sadness.

Hailey told them she would be right back and went upstairs quickly looking through her clothes pile for something specific. A hoodie and sweatpants wouldn't be very efficient on a mission like this. She finally finds what she's looking for, black leather pants that had somewhat of a padding and a long sleeved leather shirt with a hood once again, made the same way as the pants. She finally ties her hair up In a simple pony tail and goes back down about five minutes after she had left the group.

"Ready" she says simply in cold tone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd February 2013, 8:56 pm

Kropp gritted his teeth at the exchange; but realized it would be best to let Henry handle it. In the meanwhile he armed himself; his axe, an extre short-sword, flash grenades, explosives, push knives *which he hardly knew how to use but they could come in handy*, a length of rope and a gas mask; which he handed out one to all of them. "Alright when I give the signal, you need to get these on asap, unless you want the rest of us to drag your unconcious, sorry hind home." He showed them how to properly put it on and explained how to breathe through it. He looked at them all; dragging the trunk filled with sleeping gas behind him, now garbed in his military issue trenchcoat to hide the weaponry. "So you lot ready to move out?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd February 2013, 9:18 pm

Henry hesitated, then nodded. He'd prefer to play around with the kids guns a little further, but they had no time. If worse came to worse he could always assist Kropp and Lucia there. He accepted the equipment Kropp passed him without argument, hanging the gas mask around his neck and crossing his arms. He hesitated, then undid his tie and left it on the table. It'd only be easy to grab in a fight. "Let's hurry up," he said, snatching the comm up and lowering the volume before pocketing it.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 4th February 2013, 8:36 am

Alfredo declined the mask. "Already ahead of you, chap," he said, holding up his own. He tossed Lucia one.

"I'm sure Kropp's is perfectly fine," she said with a cocked eyebrow.

"Yes, but mine also neutralizes odors."

"What's that got to--oh. Yes, I think I would like to use yours, after all..."

"Thought you might."

Alfredo headed out the door. "Let's do this people," he said. "I want to be dissecting demons by morning..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th February 2013, 8:45 am

Hailey puts the mask around her neck and immediately follows after Alfie chuckling grimly.

"Sorry kid don't think there will be much left to dissect after I'm done with them." she says, a cruel look on her face, cracking her knuckles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 4th February 2013, 9:28 pm

The secret tunnel had them in the city, and two blocks down had Alfredo prizing up a sewer lid. He put on his mask and leapt down. He held his arm up and a light shone from it, giving an image of a map. He studied it for a moment and began moving forward walking on in silence.

It was mostly quiet, with the silent bubbling of the water and the occasional squeak of a rat. Alfredo countenance was grim and determined as he plodded through the sewer, his mind calculating the best plan of attack once they'd incapacitated the guards. And speaking of guards.

Alfredo came to a halt. They'd reached their destination, but up ahead in lights were two guards blocking the entrance. Moreover, their auras...were of possession. Time to test it out.

He turned to Lucia and handed her the healing ray, then pulled out the two pieces of his staff and connected them. The noise stirred the two men.

"Halt! Who goes--"

Zap! The man flew up and hit the wall crumpling. The other quickly pulled out his weapon and opened fire, his aim remarkably good despite the darkness. Alfredo had already moved and returned fire. The man hit the wall, as well. But instead of crumpling, he groaned and started trying to get back up.

"Smart that they should leave a stronger one instead of two minions," Alfredo remarked.

He held up his staff and an energy line connected to the man. The demon groaned in shock as he manifested halfway out of the host body.

"What is this?!" he roared incredulously. "Let go!"

He pulled and Alfredo lurched forward slightly, digging his heels and holding his staff for all he was worth. A beam of light shot through the connecting line and the demon groaned again. This time, Alfredo lurched to the right, seemingly slamming the demon against the wall. Finally, with a mighty pull, the demon was pulled bodily out as the man gave a gasp and fell unconscious to the ground.

"Begone," Alfredo said coldly.

The demon roared in fury, evaporating into nothingness. Alfredo leaned against the wall, panting. "That one...was stronger than your average demon. Lesser demons shouldn't be such a bother..."

"What just happened?" Lucia asked bemusedly. "The man was just lurching in midair like he was held on strings."

"That was an exorcism, technology style," Alfredo said triumphantly.

A groan alerted them to the other soldier, who was stirring. "Henry, would you?" he asked.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th February 2013, 9:44 pm

Kropp dragged the luggage box behind him in the sewers; thanking himself for choosing a container with wheels. When they were spotted he flung himself to the side, observing Alfredo's method. He looked as the other staggered to his feet, springing up himself. "I've got it-" He pulled out what Alfredo had given him; fumbling with it for a second, unused to the technology- before pointing and pulling the trigger. Kropp, in his youth, had played the game tug of war many times; this was no different. Well, except for the fact that the demon was thrashing like a rabid animal pulling at the strings of Kropps mind. He gritted his teeth; not accustomed to the process, wrestling with the demon. He slowly, but surely managed to pull it out, blinking in confusion after it was done. "Well- that was, interesting." He inspected the gun in confusion for a moment before replacing it in his holster.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top