Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds Roleplay

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worlds Roleplay - Page 12 Empty Worlds Roleplay

Post by EphPhoenix 29th November 2013, 1:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The swirls of destiny and fate are like a ripple that reaches out into the ages, beyond worlds, beyond dimensions, beyond time. As they coalesce, decisions are made, lives are created and ended, balance ebbs and flows, and the price is paid...

The girl cried out over the gale that surrounded them, the light from the massive doors pulling her in. Her silver locks swept around her rapidly, her silver eyes reflecting the multi-hued light from inside the doors. Her dress fluttered and flapped about her as her left hand pulled against the door while her right reached out, stretched, looking for purchase to anything that might save her. Only the man before her could hear her as he tearfully reached for her, struggling against the forces throwing the door shut.

"Elise! Elise!" he thundered. "I'm coming! I'm here! Please! Hold on!!!"

He'd fought them all, he'd not let her be taken! He reached for her as she reached for him, their hands longing for purchase of the other. The gales and swirls of power, however, pushed them apart as the multicolored energies coalescing on the other side of the door relentlessly sucked her further in as the massive doors slowly closed.

He got closer and closer, but as his fingers brushed hers, a burst of energy knocked him back and she was sucked in, the doors slamming shut with a sound of finality eternal. The gales died down and the light faded, speckles of it dancing before his eyes. He slammed his fists against the doors, raging at it like a bull gone mad. He slammed again and again, blows so powerful it could be heard and felt for miles. His fists were bleeding, but the doors showed no signs of giving, or that he had done anything. He fell to his knees in sorrow as tears streamed his face, blood pooling around his battered hands.

"My love..." he said in a hoarse whisper.

He sat there in quiet for moments that seemed to drag onto eternity before his fists slammed the ground and a roar of feral hatred for all things filled the air for miles around him. "You shall not take her from me! Do you hear me?! You shall not take her! I will destroy everything! I will end all worlds until I have her back! Do you hear me! Do you hear me!!!
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Worlds Roleplay - Page 12 Empty Re: Worlds Roleplay

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd January 2014, 11:33 am

[Attn: Trick]

Lord Kain smiled and bowed in return as his Ainmithe looked up and stared at Trick. "Good evening, sir," he said. "What can I do for you?"

Dani stood on the outside of the window, looking for the pattern in it. She found it. She touched it and the window glass seemed to fold away. Instantly a breeze entered the room. Dani watched. A most curious sight happened.

Mia was up in an instant and her silver hair seemed to fade into another color from the roots to the tips: black. Her eyes changed to a reddish black, her nails lengthened, and fangs grew from her mouth. The cape the girl had been wearing--she slept with her cape?--lengthened and turned black. She assumed a fighting stance and looked in the direction of the window. "Who is it?"

Dani cocked an eyebrow. She wasn't an abomination, she'd already seen her soul. The transformation was...unexpected. Her Ainmithe seemed to share her change, now becoming a white panther. It was on its feet and baring its fangs.

"As I thought," Dani said. "There's more to you than meets the eye. Want to stop an assassin?"

"Elaborate," the woman replied, relaxing slightly and going to turn on the lights.

"A man who kills Ainmithe is on the loose. He's very good at it. Killing a person's Ainmithe causes them to die a slow and agonizing death."

"Sounds like a real bitch."

"Apparently, he's extremely quiet, hard to locate, and adept at sneaking up on and finding an Ainmithe's weak point."

"Aight. We gonna kill him?"

"Live capture. They torture such offenders...for the rest of their lives."

"Fantastic."

"We need live bait. That'll be me."

"M'kay. I'm your freak. Tell me when to go."

"As soon as you can get back to the patio. Talia can provide provisions."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 23rd January 2014, 10:06 pm

Trick crossed his hands behind his back as Jest dug his claws into his scalp. Minor punishment. "I just wanted to talk," he said. "You did make that request."

"Ah!" Lord Kain says with a widening smile and a tone of approval, "Most Excellent! Would you like to sit, or would you prefer to walk? I could show you some interesting things, perhaps."

"Lets walk," he said. "I don't like sitting still." Already Jest had leaped back down to his shoulders, circling

Nodding his head with confirmation, Lord Kain's Ainhimthe stands tall, the black, Ibizan Hound seeming somewhat regal. The Lord begins to walk slowly, looking down at Trick as the shrubbery opens up on one side to reveal a new exit from the patio out into a grassy plain that has minor hills that reach out around the estate and eventually into a forest.

"The lovely girl I was just with said that her world only has a single moon." Lord Kain begins, "I must say, I have a hard time imagining that. I am quite fond of our two--the night sky is one of my many loves."

"One moon in mine as well," Trick said, following, his hands deep in his jacket pockets. "There's little time to look at it, though." Jest had perked up as Kain mentioned the 'lovely girl,' but as far as Trick could tell Kain was pleasant as ever towards him. But then there was no certainty in anything.

"Indeed, so much distraction in life can take our attention away from the more beautiful glamors in life." Lord Kain says regret, leading Trick away towards the back of the estate, where a small, graveled pathway leads them. There appears to be a lake or body of water of some kind in the distance. "Have you found all that you need at my estate?"

He nodded. "Everything I could need," he said. Jest appeared to relax around his neck, but he, like Trick, was quietly tense; the back of the estate was quiet and far from any possible... witnesses. He kept up his relaxed appearance. "And more even than that."

"Oh, good. I am glad to hear it." Lord Kain says happily. They eventually end up near the water's edge, looking out over a large lake. The waters are still, reflecting the night sky brilliantly. Lord Kain halt's as he gazes at the water's surface, his hands moving behind his back as his Ainhimthe slowly follows and lays about lazily upon the ground. "The Eclipsis shall happen in a few days. That is where darkness covers the moon and pitch darkness engulfs the world for thirty-eight hours."

Trick frowned as they stopped at the waters edge. "Thirty-eight hours is a bit excessive, isn't it?" he said.

"Well, if we could choose to shorten the time, we would." Lord Kain says with a chuckle. "Not afraid of the dark, are you?"

He gave a small smile. "Not in the least," he said. "But its curious. Where I'm from, an eclipse might last only a few hours. What the hell is blocking all your light?"

"That...is a good question." Lord Kain says gravely. "We do not know...and that is why I am terrified. Demons and other sorts of creatures always come out during the Eclipsis. It is difficult to protect my people from them. Especially in the dark."

At this last, Lord Kain's Ainhimthe flicks its long ears with unease for a few moments before laying its head back down upon its paws.

He drummed his fingers against his chin, and shrugged. "I'm no ...Trodai? If that's the word. Fighting hordes of monsters, I believe, would be 'Anya's' area of expertise." He smirked. With any luck they'd be gone by then. He was interested in these demons, however...

"Well, I would never ask you to put your life in danger, not unless it was within the hour of desperation and I had no other option." Lord Kain replies, adding hastily: "Not that I do not trust any skills you may have--I simply know that it is a high price to pay to ask for such a thing. I would never be so inconsiderate to one of my guests."

Trick shrugged. "I'm sure every last one of us went into this expecting a fight. Well... most of us," he said, thinking of some of their more naive tagalongs. "So far I've been pleasantly surprised by the lack of that." For now. The place was more lush than any mobsters estate he'd seen, and no one had tried to kill him! Yet. "Most of them I'd believe are the sort to jump in whether you ask or not."

"I see." Said Lord Kain, "Well, I do hope no harm comes to any of you, wherever your travels may take you. Demons roam this world on certain days, but are worst in the Eclipsis. Should any of you leave my estate--of which you can all do at any time and will always be welcome to return--you will find demons. The smaller ones aren't too awful. Only the Eclipsis demons pose a critical threat."

Trick nodded, appearing to be lost in thought. He suddenly snapped his fingers. "There's something I have to ask you."

"Go ahead." Lord Kain says, turning to look at him with curiosity.

He pressed his palms together in front of his face, still staring out at the lake. It was a bit of a risk, but... "I'm looking for a man," he said. "Like us, not from around here, and like us he seems to be wandering around."

"Hmm..." Lord Kain ponders a moment. "Well, no man that has been without an Ainhimthe has been heard of here. Which means that he probably has one, or...he's very good at hiding from everyone. If he's gotten an Ainhimthe, he could only have done so via an Emerald Room and there are only two of those wihin this world."

Lord Kain pauses a bit in comtemplation as his Ainhimthe starts to walk around and stretch its legs. The Lord speaks again. "Yes, I could help you find him, if he came through my Room, but if he did not, you would have to travel to the Lowlands and see if the man you search for passed through there. It is an easy thing to do, to search for him, if his Ainhimthe is as odd as yours."

Lord Kain turns to walk back the way they had come, but slowly. "Emerald Rooms have a way of keeping records of all Ainhimthes that are formed within them. We could consult my room's memory, if you would like."

Trick ran a hand through his hair, Jest growling softly on his shoulder. "It's a stretch," he said. Of the thousands of worlds there might be out there, the chances of him stopping in this one were miniscule - and as far as he knew travel such as theirs left no trail. His face darkened as he thought of the man.

But then, one of their order that wasn't the man himself might have passed as well - they didn't know how many there were. His mouth twitched as he suppressed a twisted, bitter smile. "But it's worth a shot."

"Then I shall be happy to assist you." Lord Kain replies as he heads back towards the patio. "We can search them with the memory and we shall see if an animal that you would recognize shows in the records. If so, we will know that your man is here...I do hope this man is not a criminal. I don't need any more of those."

Trick slowly smiled. "You have no idea," he said as he followed. Let's hope he doesn't learn any more about me. The poor man might faint.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th January 2014, 1:59 pm

{Attn: Open}

Ravenna sits on the corner of the bed. She looks around the room, it is huge compared to her room at home. Talia seems to be less nervous around them as well. She sighs enjoying the quiet of the room. Ami Fidèle is curled up on the bed relaxing. Her mind goes over the events of the day. They are lucky. Their first travel experience went so well. It is odd that they were accepted so readily. Lord Kain is nice, but he is nervous about something.

Her mind drifts to the others. She has to tell someone about Trick. Her life has been threatened, and someone needs to know about it. The question is who? Who does she trust, who can she trust with this information? All she knows is that she needs help. Not only with Trick, but with other things as well. She has no fighting experience. She cannot depend on Ami Fidèle to fight for her. She has some experience with her broom, so maybe if she can be trained on a staff. Once again she is at a loss as to who will do that.

“I am going to have to talk to them aren’t I?” She asks Ami Fidèle. I know it is hard, but you will have to work with them. Not everyone will be like Trick, but be careful who you do trust. Ravenna sighs. Relax Ravenna, I will stand guard while you sleep. Ravenna hugs Ami Fidèle. "Thank you so much."

((OOC: Ravenna is the one who has the telepathy with her animhithe.)))
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 26th January 2014, 6:46 pm

Wraith stands outdoor by his lonesome. His arm is outstretched and his gun is smoking. He'd been taking the time to get a few practice shots in. Couldn't afford to get rusty. It was getting noisy around these people. His old crew at least knew when to not talk around him. He appreciated the quiet and the personal space. He blows the smoke away from the barrel of his handgun and looks down his makeshift range. He was annoyed. In fact, he couldn't remember a time when he was more annoyed. Taking diversions from his goal did little to do more than piss him off. Being around this group wasn't helping.

He didn't know enough to tell who was likable and who wasn't. But first impressions were everything and everything about his first impression with these people screamed trouble. More trouble than he'd like to put up with. He didn't have a choice but he dealt with it. If he had to sit through another petty little back and forth, though, he'd shoot someone...at point blank. He'd remember to keep his charge off...maybe.

Can't leave until balance is restored. Goody. Because he certainly needed the extra trouble right now. All Wraith knew was that it'd better be done with soon. Otherwise...

He holds the trigger on his gun and unleashes a charge shot at a vase. The vase doesn't merely shatter. It's disintegrated.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 29th January 2014, 2:33 pm

attn: open

Arien looked to her dragon, Nova, the name seemed to fit perfectly. She'd given it to the dragon without a second thought. Nova stared back at her before flying abruptly to the exit. The small gusts of wind it created knocked several books off of the shelf behind her. "What are you doing?" Arien questioned. There was no reason to stay in the library, but where did she want to go?

Arien stood up, placing the books back on the shelf hurriedly, and ran to her dragon. The library was somewhat of a maze but they made it to the window quickly. Nova glided from the window to the ground, while Arien looked around. She spotted Kain with Adrian together on the patio. Fantastic. She'd have to wait to speak to Kain. She didn't want to be anywhere near Adrien, though, she wondered what they were talking about.

She shrugged and leapt down, again, using her magic to make it effortless. He could be asking about anything, really. Nova flew back onto her shoulder, seemingly happy. "I see," she muttered. Nova had only wanted to be outside. She'd forgotten nature dragons were most happy around wildlife. Arien leaned against a tree and resumed her thinking. Mindlessly scratching an uncovered root, she looked at the sky.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

https://www.instagram.com/aforestclown/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 30th January 2014, 1:46 pm

With Mia in tow, Dani made it quickly back to the patio. There, she caught snatches of Talia as servants were bringing the provisions that Dani had requested for the trip. Not much, of course, as light travel would be best. Dani cut her eyes seeing the Trickster. Hopefully, he'd be otherwise occupied and wouldn't want to go after the assassin. After all, it was his own ilk; probably would be like hurting a second cousin. Then again, was the Trickster someone who actually put value in any living being?

"How long until we're ready?" Dani asked Talia.

"This is the last of what you requested," she said. "We can go any time. I'm waiting on you."

Dani nodded. The woman was capable. Dani had also noted the elf woman in the patio, she turned to Mia and nodded in Arien's direction.

"Do you need to speak with her before we leave?" she asked. Mia shook her head and Dani turned back to Tali, grabbing one of the packs and nodding at Mia to do the same. "Then let's be off."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 30th January 2014, 3:18 pm

[ATTN: Kain, Open]

Trick followed him back to the patio, his eyes darting to the side as he saw Talia, Anya, and Mia gathered there with bags packed. He almost started to move and intercept them, but remembered Kain at his side - damn it. Now was not the time to get on Anya's nerves. Who knows what she'd say and if Kain would be willing to assist him afterwards.

Instead he cocked an eyebrow at Anya as they passed, his eyes darting briefly to both Talia and Mia. Talia going with them was interesting, and it irked him that he hadn't had time to seek out Mia and learn more about her himself. He'd been lax on doing his 'homework.'

"Where is Talia taking the two of them?" he asked Kain casually as they crossed the patio towards the Emerald Room, his eyes wandering over to the elf girl Arien as well.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 31st January 2014, 6:03 am

Arien turned her attention to the group that had gathered by her. The Legionator sprinted to Talia, who had materials ready, with Mia following behind. The pair seemed to be packed to leave the lord's estate. Adrien looked confused, almost annoyed, meeting the Legionator's glare with a questioning look. Did they have a goal in mind or a reason for leaving?

"They must know something, and acted on that," she decided after contemplating it for a moment. With what she knew there was no reason to leave, especially not the same day they arrived. It still struck her as being odd but she wouldn't stop them from leaving, and she didn't care to follow them. At least she'd know where her supposed "teammates" had gone.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 31st January 2014, 12:26 pm

[Attn: Arien, Trick, Open]

"Ah, the Trodaí walked in on me conducting some business and offered to assist," he said mildly. He stopped to regard Arien. "Milady? Are you well? You seem a bit troubled." He bowed respectfully. "If there is anything I can do, you have but to ask."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 31st January 2014, 2:51 pm

Talking with Eva had been good; it had given him the chance to understand her better. As much as he was willing to continue conversing, Tristan felt as though he should do a little research before the morning.

“Well, it’s probably best that I try and learn something about this place.” He commented.

Tristan began making his way to the library. He could only speculate what the others were doing. He hadn’t even seen any of them since watching the games. Letting out a sigh, he cleared his mind and focused on learning what he could.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 1st February 2014, 3:32 pm

Arien stood up, while Nova flew to her side. "No. I'm not troubled, thank you." she paused to bow small. "Sorry to interrupt." Kain was more direct than she'd thought, and very well mannered. It also seemed that he was the cause for the Legionator and Mia's venture. The reason wasn't of her concern, however odd.

In reply to his offer she said, "Could you tell me about the spirit games? I'd like to learn how to fight with an ainmithe." Nova growled clearly in disapproval, which Arien ignored. She'd wanted to speak with Kain since their meeting and he was giving her the opportunity.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd February 2014, 12:34 am

[Attn: Trick, Open]

"I've already promised my assistance to this gentleman, here," Kain said, regarding Trick with a wave of his hand. "But afterward, I would be delighted to assist you in learning what you need to know."

"Okay," Arien nodded. Adrian was no gentleman, but she supposed that didn't matter. She didn't know much of him, anyway. "I'll be waiting, then."

She returned to the library deciding it was her best option and waited where she had been before. She didn't want to waste any more of his time unnecessarily and so, pulled a book from the shelf to see what information she could gather. She sighed. "When will we be able to leave this world?"Anything learned would eventually become pointless.

"Shall we?" Kain said to Trick.

Kain led him to the Emerald Room. Once there, Kain pressed his hand on the hand print. Runes appeared on the pillar. "Please compile a list of all notable creatures that have formed an Ainmithe."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd February 2014, 7:14 pm

[ATTN: Kain]

The images of several animals popped up - everyone from their group and about six others he didn't recognize. It looked like a dead end. "Not really surprising," he said. But still vaguely disappointing. "Unless you don't recognize any of those six?" he said, pointing out the ones unfamiliar to him. Perhaps some agent from another world entirely passed by - but that really was a stretch.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 5th February 2014, 10:59 am

[ATTN: Arien, Trick]

As he ponders over the animals left in view, he easily cuts out the few, rare species of his own world and this leaves room only for the current Ainhimthe of his guests. It is clear that this man's target has not used his Emerald room...but hope for Trick is not lost, he is sure. He smiles at him as he closes the device away.

"You needn't worry." Lord Kain says softly, "There is still the Emerald Room in the Lowlands. If you don't find him there, then your target won't have been here. I'm not sure which outcome you'd prefer, but I am relieved that he's not been in my estate...you understand."

With that, Lord Kain exits through the library, gesturing to Arien with a polite wave of his hand. He will go ahead and begin her training early, since she seems so very eager to fight. He smiles at Trick, then, looking down at him, as well.

"Would you like to join us in a light sparring? Nothing like early training to keep the blood running and the mind sharp." He asks.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 5th February 2014, 12:28 pm

[ATTN: Kain, Arien]

Trick nodded. "Of course," he said. Part of him was glad his target wasn't here as well. Things could get very messy very quickly, and there were some things the good Lord just didn't need to see.

A small smile played on his lips as he turned to follow Kain out, and the man offered to let him join in sparring. Trick shook his head and bowed respectfully. "I must decline," he said. "I have someone to speak to, and then I wish to go the Lowlands as quickly as possible." Cover all his bases. That and he couldn't really afford to fight with Jest anyway.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 5th February 2014, 2:51 pm

Ravenna tried to get some sleep, but her mind won't let her. It rehashes the events of the day including experiences with the others. Out of all of them she knows Dani is not a fan of Trick. The others she doesn't know. She remembers seeing him and Tristan talking.

She doesn't want to admit, but Trick scares her. He is not one to have unveiled threats. She needs to tell someone, but no Lord Kain. As long as he does not get his man she is safe. She decides then she needs to learn to defend herself.

She gets out of bed and explores the estate, looking for Dani. She sees the others scattered about, but not her or Mia. Who else can teach her how to fight quietly? Arien is with Trick and Lord Kain, so asking her is out for now. Maybe Tristen, but can she trust him? She walks to the library hoping to find him.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 6th February 2014, 3:45 am

Tristan made his way into the library. He scanned the room, noting that there were not as many people from the group here. Maybe some of them retired for the night or decided to explore more of the place. “So…” He quietly mumbled to himself as he began to inspect some of the books.

There were so many books here; it was a bit overwhelming. After picking out a couple that looked interesting, he found a quiet spot to settle himself at. He wondered how long they would be staying at this place. Hopefully he wouldn’t get through all these books before leaving. He smirked at how impossible the thought was.

Might as well get started. He opened the first book from his stack, wondering how old it was, before he began reading.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th February 2014, 7:09 pm

{Attn: Tristen, Open}

Ravenna sees Tristan at the table with a book. She picks up a book sitting close by, but doesn't want to interrupt his reading. She wrings her hand under the table. “So did you learn anything new?” She leads with staying with a safe conversation starter.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th February 2014, 9:15 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Trick took his leave, turning and walking back towards the library to continue his hopeless search from before. Jest dug his claws into his shoulder momentarily, and Trick took it without a word as he started to hunt through the stacks of the massive library.

He'd wanted to talk to Tristan earlier and even more so now. He did have a contract after all, one he actually wanted to keep, and it'd be easier to keep an eye on the boy if he could drag him with to the Lowlands. Is that wisest though? He'd run into a trap once before, maybe taking him with wasn't the best idea. But leaving the naive idiot alone wasn't great either.

Trick scowled, pacing through the stacks, occasionally stopping and looking for books on the Lowlands.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 7th February 2014, 1:53 am

[Attn: Ravenna, Open]

Tristan glances up from his book, noticing that Ravenna has shown up. Placing his book down on the table, he gives a small smile at her when she addresses him.

“Actually…yeah.” His fingers tap the open book. He made a mental note on the page he was at so he could pick it up later. The book was addressing the various forms of demons and their characteristics. “It’s well…” He paused to look at her. Some of the things he had read were graphic. It was almost hard to believe that such creatures existed in a place like this. “…well actually it’s about some of the creatures that exist. Nothing I’d like to run into, mind you.”

He shifted his position to look straight at her. She definitely seemed apprehensive about something, which concerned him. Then again, he couldn’t blame anyone for being cautious when it came to him. “Are you alright?” He asked seriously.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th February 2014, 2:50 pm

“On your world did you ever have to fight?” Ravenna asks cautiously. “What I mean is do you know how to defend yourself?” Ami Fidèle rubs up against her trying to calm her down. “I initially wanted to ask Dani, but I cannot find her. Is there a chance you can teach me self defense?” More hand wringing under the table. “We are lucky on this world, but who knows about the others we may go to. It is something I need to learn.”

She will not tell him that she does not trust Trick, and the real reason why she is pressed to learn is because of him. Now she regrets not taking advantage of Correia's attempts to teach her. Eventually she will be able to use her ability for this, but not now. Maybe she should practice both her abilities, but she would need to gain that person's trust as well as trust him or her.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 7th February 2014, 6:54 pm

[Attn: Ravenna, Open]

His eyebrow rose at the question Ravenna had asked, but he remained silent as she explained herself. As he spoke, his voice remained quiet, not out of fear of being heard but more out of respect to his fallen brethren.

“Yes, I have. In my village, children begin a form of boot camp at a young age. The training encompasses a variety of survival techniques, combat happens to be one. I suppose we try to pass on whatever knowledge and skills we can to help the next generation to survive.”

Tristan rested his right hand against his temple as he contemplated what he could offer her. “Dani would probably be the best tutor. She is certainly one of the most skilled and focused of our companions. But seeing as she isn’t here, I will offer what I can until you get someone more qualified than I.” He said reassuringly. “That being said, it will be up to you to incorporate your own skills and techniques so that you make it truly your own.”

Tristan stood up from his spot and quickly cleared off the table. Ravenna desiring to protect herself couldn’t come at a better time. After what he had read, he wasn’t sure how much longer their luck would hold.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th February 2014, 7:51 pm

{Attn: Tristan, Open}

Ravenna stands with Tristan. “I haven't had a conversation with Dani. Do you think she is trustworthy though? I haven't told anyone about my ability, except for you and Trick. What do you think of him?” Ravenna waves her hands in front of her. “Nevermind, that makes me sound like a gossip. I am still trying to get a feel for the team. What are you going to teach me first? I don't have a lot of skill, but I am handy with a broom. I suppose one would call it a staff.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 7th February 2014, 8:20 pm

[ATTN: Tristan, Ravenna, Open]

He wandered a long while before he heard voices, talking softly among the stacks. Jest perked up on his shoulder, and Trick slowly approached the voices. They were coming from one row over, and he stopped on the other side of the stacks, searching the books absently.

"...one would call it a staff."

The little lady then. He paused, reaching towards the stacks and pulling out a book, flipping it open with one hand. He was unseen on the other side of the stacks, but then Ravenna had her mental cheat code. He wasn't sure how it worked, if she could just sense him there - but he could guess he wouldn't be able to lurk long.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 8th February 2014, 12:46 am

[Attn: Ravenna, Trick, Open]

Tristan chuckled quietly to himself. “I haven’t had much of a conversation with her either, unless you count her reprimanding me. But I think she may be inclined to help…or you could at least persuade her to.”

He tried to consider how he would phrase his thoughts on Dani. He hadn’t had a conversation with her, so he was only going by her actions. “I can’t say I trust her to concern herself with other people’s needs or interests, but I trust in her determination to accomplish her mission. She’ll do what is right by her.”

He frowned after he realized what he said. That didn’t really inspire much confidence that Dani would be someone good to reveal her abilities to. “She doesn’t seem the type who would abuse your abilities. My guess is she would rather rely on her own capabilities than on anyone else’s.” He added.

When Ravenna mentioned Trick, he simply shook his head. “As for him, well he’s a bit of enigma…a clever one that likes to keep you on your toes.” He said casually. Tristan then pulled out one of his knives. “This and hand-to-hand combat is what I am best at.” He grabbed her hand and placed the knife in it. “Here. Only use as a last resort. A staff seems far better suited for you.”

He scanned the room as he continued talking. “Well first, I’d like to see what you already feel comfortable with. Basics like your stance, swing, block. Then, we can go from there and focus on various things like disarming and manipulating your opponent to incorporate their weaknesses.” It was as though he could hear his instructor’s voice yelling at him. “Don't worry though with practice your muscles will remember. You will be able to anticipate your opponent’s move, and I believe your abilities will allow you to be even more perceptive than most of us.”
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 26 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top