Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds Roleplay

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worlds Roleplay - Page 13 Empty Worlds Roleplay

Post by EphPhoenix 29th November 2013, 1:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The swirls of destiny and fate are like a ripple that reaches out into the ages, beyond worlds, beyond dimensions, beyond time. As they coalesce, decisions are made, lives are created and ended, balance ebbs and flows, and the price is paid...

The girl cried out over the gale that surrounded them, the light from the massive doors pulling her in. Her silver locks swept around her rapidly, her silver eyes reflecting the multi-hued light from inside the doors. Her dress fluttered and flapped about her as her left hand pulled against the door while her right reached out, stretched, looking for purchase to anything that might save her. Only the man before her could hear her as he tearfully reached for her, struggling against the forces throwing the door shut.

"Elise! Elise!" he thundered. "I'm coming! I'm here! Please! Hold on!!!"

He'd fought them all, he'd not let her be taken! He reached for her as she reached for him, their hands longing for purchase of the other. The gales and swirls of power, however, pushed them apart as the multicolored energies coalescing on the other side of the door relentlessly sucked her further in as the massive doors slowly closed.

He got closer and closer, but as his fingers brushed hers, a burst of energy knocked him back and she was sucked in, the doors slamming shut with a sound of finality eternal. The gales died down and the light faded, speckles of it dancing before his eyes. He slammed his fists against the doors, raging at it like a bull gone mad. He slammed again and again, blows so powerful it could be heard and felt for miles. His fists were bleeding, but the doors showed no signs of giving, or that he had done anything. He fell to his knees in sorrow as tears streamed his face, blood pooling around his battered hands.

"My love..." he said in a hoarse whisper.

He sat there in quiet for moments that seemed to drag onto eternity before his fists slammed the ground and a roar of feral hatred for all things filled the air for miles around him. "You shall not take her from me! Do you hear me?! You shall not take her! I will destroy everything! I will end all worlds until I have her back! Do you hear me! Do you hear me!!!
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Worlds Roleplay - Page 13 Empty Re: Worlds Roleplay

Post by xenolion 8th February 2014, 9:20 am

{Attn: Tristan, Trick, Open}

Ravenna looks down at the dagger Tristan placed in her hand. “Aren't you sure you won't need this?” She looks up at Tristan. “Thank you. I am not powerful enough to use my abilities like that yet. I know where I came from telepaths were used to relay messages within the group. If I learn that it maybe an advantage when we have to be stealthy.”

Ravenna listens to Tristan. “Sounds good. Should we move to a different room, I really don't want to inadvertently destroy any books.”

Before they have a chance to move Ami Fidèle stands protectively in front of Ravenna. *Someone is listening in on the conversation. I think it is the one you were speaking with before. I can smell him nearby.*

Ravenna begins to look around. Her hand unconsciously gripping the dagger handle. *Down Ami Fidèle, as long as he is not threatening me it is fine.* She hasn't said anything to break her promise to him. She looks up at Tristan knowing she will have to warn him about Trick.

xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 8th February 2014, 5:36 pm

[Attn: Ravenna, Trick, Open]

“It’s fine. I can manage with what I have.” Tristan had to admit that once Ravenna became more powerful, their chances of succeeding would become far greater. But he didn’t want to make her feel like she had to overwork herself. “That does sound quite useful, and in time, you will be able to handle such things.”

As he was about to move, Ami Fidèle blocked Ravenna. Tristan suddenly began to feel rigid and immediately his hand started to grasp his other dagger. Whist left his shoulder and took to the sky to get a better view. Tristan looked down at his hand and cautiously pulled out his dagger. He glanced at Ravenna and Ami Fidèle, was this sense of danger coming from them? He motioned for Ravenna to stay. “Yeah, our hosts would not appreciate the mess.” He casually stated, hoping it would be heard.

Tristan looked up to the ceiling and found Whist hovering above a spot, and he quietly made his way around the row of books to see what Whist had found. When Trick came into view, he quickly put his dagger away before it could be seen. Trick was eavesdropping again. “Finding what you need?” He asked nonchalantly. Internally, he still felt confused as to what had made him so anxious, but if his hunch was right, it had to do with Ravenna's emotions.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 8th February 2014, 6:08 pm

[ATTN: Ravenna, Tristan]

Trick blinked as he heard Tristan talking about someone named Dani - holy shit. A slow smile spread across his face. Oh he was looking forward to seeing her again now.

His muscles started tense without thinking, and he looked up from his book in momentary confusion as Jest dug his claws into his shoulder. He listened to their conversation slow. Ah. About time. Probably been detected. Trick turned towards Tristan as he approached around the corner, not even pretending to hide the fact he'd been eavesdropping.

"Have now," he said, snapping the book shut and giving him a smile. It had been Ravenna. He was certain. She'd detected him first because he gave her reason to be paranoid, and Tristan was lagging behind. For someone who think's he's being hunted he's not nearly paranoid enough. "I was looking for you, actually. I need to talk to you about our mutual 'friends.' Can we speak alone?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th February 2014, 6:36 pm

Ravenna watches Tristan tense and feels bad. Once again her emotions are leeching out. She follows him as he approaches Trick. She keeps a neutral face when he reveals himself. A part of her want to Trick that she needed him first. However she is more interested in what kind of relationship Tristan and Trick have. She picks up Ami Fidèle. “Don't worry about me Tristan, we can always train later.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 9th February 2014, 12:00 am

[Attn: Trick, Ravenna, Open]

"For me?” He was slightly perplexed for a moment, but when Trick mentioned their “friends” his interest was piqued. He began contemplating on what Trick must have stumbled on. Could he have really found a lead that they needed?

“I thought you told me it was bad form to speak in private with you.” He joshed. Nevertheless, he couldn’t deny that he was curious about what Trick wanted to discuss with him, especially if it concerned their “friends.”

Tristan focused his attention on Ravenna as she said that they could train later. “Only if you are sure, Ravenna.” He didn’t want to abandon Ravenna like that especially after what had just happened.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 9th February 2014, 12:31 am

[ATTN: Tristan, Ravenna]

Trick blinked, then laughed. "I did," he said, his amusement dying and his expression suddenly dead serious. "I like your humor but you don't seem awful serious about your situation. I thought I said all private conversations were a bad idea. Me especially, yes, but now's not the time to talk to pretty ladies."

He cocked an eyebrow at Ravenna. "Stay with us a moment," he said, before glancing back to Tristan. "Let me ask again. Tristan, can we talk in private?"

He needed him to say it. It wasn't enough that Trick say it, Tristan had to do it because reasonable suspicion was a practice you engaged in, and he needed Tristan to make it a habit.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th February 2014, 8:53 am

Ravenna is irritated by Trick's veiled compliment. She looks down at the dagger in her hand. She doesn't know whether asking Tristan to train was a good or bad idea. She manuvers between the guys her back to Trick. She holds out the dagger to Tristan. “Why don't you keep this for now. You never know when you might need it.” She looks into Tristan's eyes, hoping he would get the following message. *Talk to him, but don't trust him.* "I will try to find an object that I can train with. After you are done, meet me in the patio area."

Ami Fidèle watches Trick the entire time. In case he decides to do anything. *You are foolish Ravenna, turning your back to him.*

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 9th February 2014, 3:43 pm

[Attn: Ravenna, Trick, Open]

As Tristan opened his mouth to speak, Ravenna maneuvered to be right in front of him. As he looked at Ravenna, he heard her warning and could see it in her eyes. He grasped the dagger from her hand and returned his weapon to its proper place. “Alright…I’ll meet you there.” He wanted to thank her, but instead, briefly smiled.

Things were never simple when dealing with Trick, and he needed to be cautious. He could tell that Ravenna and Ami Fidèle were uneasy around Trick. Had something happened between them? Trick showed no sign of it, but then again he wouldn’t. He needed to keep Ravenna’s warning in the forefront of his mind. He leaned against row of books, but his body remained alert for any sudden changes. “So is this on or off the record?”
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 9th February 2014, 4:15 pm

[ATTN: Tristan]

Trick closed his eyes a moment as Ravenna left, his irritation obvious. Alright. I guess I will have to be more explicit. He took in a deep breath. Patience. He shouldn't have let Ravenna leave, that was the point he was trying to make, that there was safety when there were witnesses around, but the things that seemed obvious to him wouldn't be to anyone who wasn't in his line of work. But he had very little patience.

He pulled out his recorder and switched it off. "Off the record," he said. He hefted the few books he'd collected from his wandering in his hand. "I've been doing some hunting. It seems that one can look through the 'history' of an Emerald room, so to speak. If someone from this organization is on this planet, or has passed through, we'd be able to tell."

He sighed, and leaned back against the bookshelves. "I will be going to the Lowlands to examine their Emerald room. I'm giving you two options then. Come with me or stay here."

Trick gestured with one hand. Explicit, then - just this once. "You come with me and you and I will be alone - I can handle keeping an eye on one person, not more. That means you accept every risk that goes along with traveling with me. This is not a bloody trust exercise." He smirked. "Should we find signs of someone else like us that has passed through - which I wouldn't bank on - you will have direct, first-hand access to all information learned. But this could go horribly wrong as well - it wouldn't be the first time they've set up a trap for me."

"Your other option, of course, is remaining here. You will only know whatever information I give you, should I choose to share it with you, and should you choose to believe it. You will be here alone with the lord and what of us remain - Dani and Mia I believe are going out on their own little excursion themselves."

He shrugged. "I'll say if you join me I have no intention of harming you - just of doing my job." And he was going to have fun with that. "But we've discussed the dangers of trusting me. Your decision."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th February 2014, 5:04 pm

As soon as Tristan takes the dagger Ravenna walks away. She cannot help but worry about him. *You know I would never had turned my back on him if you weren't around right Ami Fidèle?*

*You are still too trusting of him. You will have to tell someone about his threats.* Ami Fidèle tells her.

*I will, but I don't know if I can trust Tristan. He seems to be working with Trick. The only one who has shown open animosity toward him is Dani. I don't know how she will handle my abilities. For now let's try to find something I can use as a staff.* Ravenna scratches Ami Fidèle's head.

*That will be the kitchen. I am sure we can find a broom or mop you can use.* Ami Fidèle.

“To the kitchen we go then, thank you.” Ravenna finally says out loud as the two of them go to the kitchen.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 10th February 2014, 1:38 am

[Attn: Trick, Open]

Tristan took notice of Trick’s irritation, but said nothing. He hadn’t made Ravenna stay like he was supposed to do. He really was never good with following instructions. He probably irritated the council more than most back on his world.

He glanced at the stack of books Trick had accumulated. “We will be able to tell because of their Ainmithe?” It made sense; after all, the creatures are representations of animals from the individual’s world.

He shifted his position so that he was standing fully straight as Trick explained his choices. Going alone with the man was less than favorable; in fact, he was wary. It would mean he’d be on his own, but he wanted to know more about the ones who were behind whatever was going on.

“I’m a dead man already.” He stated indifferently. “There’s just well something I want to know. Why me? I mean I know there is the contract thing and the fact that I’m great company. But seriously, I’m neither the strongest nor the most useful.” He paused and thought about the plan itself. Maybe it’s because I’m the only one who would actually agree to the idea.

He looked at Trick in disbelief. “Just doing your job? You know, technically, it was also your job to kill me, along with the others.” He let out a sigh. “But you already know my answer, don’t you? You wouldn’t be here if you thought I’d say no.” Apparently, his self-preservation was very limited, but he hoped that it would be worth the risk.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th February 2014, 7:44 am

Trick nodded, masking is surprise. Really, he'd thought the kid would say no. "Please," he said. "I was offered that work, yes. And I kindly told him to go fuck himself." Trick gave a wry smile. "That's the reason you. Your contract, for now, I've decided to keep. But the decision to go along with this was yours to make."

He pulled several texts from his small stack and started over to Tristan, shoving them in his hands. "A little required reading on the Lowlands. Skim it, because we leave by morning."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 10th February 2014, 6:53 pm

[Attn: Trick]

“Well at least you turned him down kindly.” He replied. He still wasn’t sure what made Trick want to uphold his contract, but for now, if it didn’t get in the way of his goal, it seemed as though Trick was willing to keep it.

Tristan accepted the texts handed to him. “Ah, some light reading. Needed some.” Despite his comment, he was actually pleased that he would have some idea about the Lowlands. Reading always helped clear his mind as well. “Thanks. I’ll be prepared when we need to go.”

With each moment, morning would be approaching. He needed to get through what he could and prepare himself for whatever lie ahead. Maybe they would find something; maybe they wouldn’t. He simply had to be ready. “Any other last advice before I start going through these?” He asked as he waved the stack of texts in his hands. He planned on heading to the patio and finding a spot to read.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th February 2014, 7:41 pm

Trick hefted his own stack and shrugged at his question. "No," he said. "Well. Don't die before morning. That shouldn't be too hard, even for you."

He brushed past Tristan as he made his way out of the stacks, his shoulder bumping into his hard enough to move him a little. He... was looking forward to this far too much.

A small smirk played across his face as he rounded the corner, leaving Tristan behind.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th February 2014, 9:17 pm

{Attn: Open}

Ravenna enters the kitchen and looks around. She finds the a closet. The brooms are way to tall for her. She searches some more, refusing to be discouraged. Finally she sees it. It is a dust pan that hase a tall handle. The handle is a little taller than she, but is perfect for what she needs it for. She hopes that Lord Kain is not too upset.

She unscrews the handle and goes to the patio, hoping that Tristan and Trick are done talking. She jumps down the step and takes some practice swings. It is still a bit taller than she is used to. She grips the pole with her hands apart. Her feet are about shoulder width apart her right foot in front of the left. She balances her weight on the ball of her feet. She pretends there is a target in front of her and swings the pole again.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 11th February 2014, 3:49 am

[Attn: Trick, Ravenna, Open]

Tristan stumbled back a little bit as Trick brushed past him. He took a deep breath once Trick was gone. “What have you gotten yourself into this time?” He asked himself. He always seemed to get himself into more trouble.Whist landed on his shoulder again and just looked at him. He could tell Whist wasn’t too happy about this situation. He wasn’t particularly happy about it either.

After walking to the patio, Tristan noticed that Ravenna was already practicing. He was glad that she had been able to find something to use. He started to make his way over to her. “Nice form, you are keeping yourself grounded.” He said to her as he placed the stack neatly on the ground; he would get to his lovely pile of materials soon.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th February 2014, 3:23 pm

{Attn: Tristan}

“Thank you Tristan. It is a little tall, but is the best I can find. It is actually from their dustbins.” Ravenna laughs. She sees him set down some papers. “Got some homework?” She is dying to ask him how his meeting with Trick went. “Looks like a lot of reading. If you want I can help and give you a synopsis of what I read.” She stands with the staff beside her and waits for his answer.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 11th February 2014, 5:02 pm

[Attn: Ravenna]

“From their dustbins?” He chuckled at the thought of Ravenna rummaging around. “You certainly are resourceful. That’s for sure.” He took a look at her staff. It looked sturdy and didn’t seem like it would break easily. No doubt it would work nicely.

Tristan turned to look back at his stack of papers. “Yeah…need it read by morning.” He wanted to tell her what was going on, but he didn’t want her to worry either. “Actually, I wouldn’t mind the help, but I don’t want to take you from practice.” Trick simply said he had to go alone with him not that he couldn’t have help with his research.

He made his way to his stack and slid to the ground. “It’s about the Lowlands. It will be interesting to know what is actually down there.” He added.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th February 2014, 5:13 pm

“When you are a servant, sometimes you need to get a little resourceful.” Tristan turns back to the paperwork. “The Lowlands?” Ravenna's eyebrow raises. “What made you interested in the that subject?” It was the first time she has heard of that outside of Lord Kain. Ravenna lays her staff down. “Well if you need to read it by the morning, that takes precedence to my training. I am not going to be a fighter overnight.”

Ravenna goes over to the stack. “Shall we get started, or is this something you need to do on your own?”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 12th February 2014, 2:40 am

“You were a servant?” He hadn’t quite taken her for a servant but she did seem quite hardworking.

He scanned the area to make sure nobody was around listening. It seemed that over-half of his conversations were overheard lately so he wanted to be cautious. “Ravenna, I am leaving in the morning.” He said quietly. “That’s why I need to know what is out there.”

He handed some of his papers to her. “As long as I know about the Lowlands, I don’t see any reason why I can’t do this research with you.” He said shrugging. He picked a book from the stack and began reading.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 12th February 2014, 2:55 pm

Ravenna nods. “Yes, before I realized my abilities, I was considered a natural. In my world naturals are second class citizens. But I am rambling...”

Tristan looks around before explaining more. “You are leaving? Is that what the private conversation with Trick was about?” Ravenna shakes her head. “No don't answer that. I don't know what is safer, going alone or with him. If you were going alone, I would ask you if I could come along.”

Ravenna takes some of the papers. “First Dani leaves and now you and possibly Trick. From what I have been able to pick up Dani and Trick are similar, both loners and are closed off. The major difference is that Trick has no conscience. If you are going with him beware, he will have no problems killing you once his needs are filled.” Her tone was serious and her eyes were on the papers before her.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 12th February 2014, 6:02 pm

He couldn’t help but smile at her rambling. Her world certainly was complicated. There was no such thing as second class citizens in his village. Everyone was equal. No wonder she wished to make her world a better place.

Tristan had no clue whether he was safer with or without Trick. It wasn’t about trust with Trick; it was about what could be gained. “I think I’d feel more at ease if you could come along.” He focused on his paper as he spoke. “But no, this is something I have to do. I won’t drag you into my mess.” He wanted to tell Ravenna about his world, the key, everything. But it would only put her in danger and that would be on him.

Looking up from his papers, he frowned at what Ravenna said about Trick. He knew Trick would do whatever it took to get to Thorne, and if he needed to break his contract, he would. “I know I may not be coming back. But if there is even a chance I can find information about the ones who are after me, it’s worth a shot.” That’s what he kept telling himself anyway.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 13th February 2014, 4:33 pm

[attn: Kain, library, open]
Arien was idly flipping through the pages, having given up on finding information. She thought back to her world again. A shudder ran up her spine, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was forgetting something important. She sighed and let go of the thought.

Kain returned, though still talking with Adrian. He whispered something she couldn't make out and then asked if he would join in learning how to fight. Luckily, he denied. Once he was gone Arien snapped the book shut and stood up. "Why are there ainmithe battles?" Before she began training she needed to have an answer to that question. She wasn't going to waste time unnecessarily.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

https://www.instagram.com/aforestclown/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th February 2014, 8:06 pm

“What exactly do you mean by your mess?” Ravenna bites her lip. “Ugh I love sticking my foot in my mouth don't I?” She starts to read through the books that Tristan gave her.

“Well this is interesting.” Ravenna begins. “It appears that the Lowlands are known as that because of their elevation. Not only that the people there are shorter as well, only three to four feet tall.”

Ravenna continues to read. She makes further notes for Tristan.

*This is the note that Tristan will see later when he checks it.*

Spoiler:

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 14th February 2014, 3:37 pm

“Well I wasn’t going to say anything...” He said jokingly. It made things more personable when she spoke her mind. “As to your question, I mean that I am on the run for a reason. I did something to irritate someone and he took it very personally.” I guess stealing never goes over well even if it’s for a good cause. He thought to himself

He stopped his skimming and looked over to what Ravenna was reading. “That’s interesting. It may also explain why they thought we were from the Midlands, because of our height…” He speculated. After noticing that Ravenna was making notes for him, he returned to his book. Having the help did make it a lot easier.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top