Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worlds Roleplay

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Worlds Roleplay - Page 3 Empty Worlds Roleplay

Post by EphPhoenix 29th November 2013, 1:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The swirls of destiny and fate are like a ripple that reaches out into the ages, beyond worlds, beyond dimensions, beyond time. As they coalesce, decisions are made, lives are created and ended, balance ebbs and flows, and the price is paid...

The girl cried out over the gale that surrounded them, the light from the massive doors pulling her in. Her silver locks swept around her rapidly, her silver eyes reflecting the multi-hued light from inside the doors. Her dress fluttered and flapped about her as her left hand pulled against the door while her right reached out, stretched, looking for purchase to anything that might save her. Only the man before her could hear her as he tearfully reached for her, struggling against the forces throwing the door shut.

"Elise! Elise!" he thundered. "I'm coming! I'm here! Please! Hold on!!!"

He'd fought them all, he'd not let her be taken! He reached for her as she reached for him, their hands longing for purchase of the other. The gales and swirls of power, however, pushed them apart as the multicolored energies coalescing on the other side of the door relentlessly sucked her further in as the massive doors slowly closed.

He got closer and closer, but as his fingers brushed hers, a burst of energy knocked him back and she was sucked in, the doors slamming shut with a sound of finality eternal. The gales died down and the light faded, speckles of it dancing before his eyes. He slammed his fists against the doors, raging at it like a bull gone mad. He slammed again and again, blows so powerful it could be heard and felt for miles. His fists were bleeding, but the doors showed no signs of giving, or that he had done anything. He fell to his knees in sorrow as tears streamed his face, blood pooling around his battered hands.

"My love..." he said in a hoarse whisper.

He sat there in quiet for moments that seemed to drag onto eternity before his fists slammed the ground and a roar of feral hatred for all things filled the air for miles around him. "You shall not take her from me! Do you hear me?! You shall not take her! I will destroy everything! I will end all worlds until I have her back! Do you hear me! Do you hear me!!!
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Worlds Roleplay - Page 3 Empty Re: Worlds Roleplay

Post by xenolion 9th December 2013, 9:55 pm

{Attn: Mia, Open}

Ravenna steps out of the inn.  The world around her is very fluid and rushed.  She instantly missed the quietness of Miquelon.  She has to find her way back home.  Now that she is calmer she is able to soak in the people.  She is on the taller side of most of the people here.  Her skin is also paler, she is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

She wonders if the officers are still looking for her.  Then she remembers the building.  The people are seemingly calm though.  She stops at an intersection and is about to step out when someone grabs her arm.  She looks back and the person smiles at her and nods.  One of those armored vehicles passes in front of her.  The person points up at a sign with an orange stick figure.  Ravenna smiles at the person.  It is a good thing they do not know she is a magician.

xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 9th December 2013, 9:59 pm

[ATTN: Open]

He pulled himself out of his internal bubble as he heard screams - right. There were people here. He ducked as an explosion rocked the factory, covering his face with an arm as the ice cream vat exploded and set off the fire alarms. The sprinklers went on overhead, and he suddenly found himself drenched by gallons of pressurized water.

He spread his arms and looked up, letting the water wash the rice and jam off him as he watched the flames from the corner of his eye. He'd love to stay and watch. But others would be coming to investigate who set their factory on fire, and he was packing heat.

He took off, seeking out the staircase to the roof and sprinting up it to the rooftops. He needed to get his bearings. However he'd arrived here didn't matter as much as how he would get back.

He came out on the rooftop, looking around him. There were billboards in the distance, written in - Japanese? That's odd. Japan hadn't been heard from in years. They'd gone isolationist after the bombs dropped.

He could hear sirens and see emergency vehicles headed towards the factory, and he grimaced. Cops? Really? How dull. Best to find a place to lay low and regroup.

He turned, racing off along the roof as he started to put distance between himself and the factory.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 9th December 2013, 11:26 pm

Wraith turns himself over after hitting the skyscraper rooftop. That...had hurt. Disgruntled, he picks himself up, giving a sigh as he pulls himself to his feet and looks out over the landscape. These were skyscrapers like the ones on Rictchus. They were knocked over or in ruin on pretty much every other world he'd been to. The architecture was different, though. It looked less sleek and efficient. He hesitated to say it was plain, but everything around him was so ornamental. The atmosphere felt familiar and the sky was similar. But Wraith hesitated to call this place what he thought it was.

He decided not the move for the time being. The others would be able to trace him eventually. It might take a couple of days but they'd find him. His eyelids were heavy and he was sluggish in every move. He hadn't slept in days. Rather, he hadn't slept well. He had flashbacks far too often. The day Earth was taken by those walking tin cans. Still, he could rest himself. It was probably best not to move anyway. Easier for the others to find him, that way. He sits there on the room, his back to the ledge and shuts his eyes. Sleep wouldn't bless him in any large amounts any time soon. But if he could just ease himself for a few hours, it'd be all he needed.

Needless to say, he didn't get all of those hours. He awoke maybe two hours later to the sound of yelling and the feel of someone poking at him. When he opens his eyes, he sees a group of men standing around in some sort of uniforms. They had badges of some sort. Were...were these law enforcement? Terrific. That's just what Wraith needed. He picks himself up at their yelling. They were definitely human...foreign, but human, speaking some language he didn't understand but was sure was some branch of Asian. He gives a sigh as he gets up. He dwarfed all of them and looked down at them all. "What?" He says.

They just continue rambling in unfamiliar language. "Right, just keep on talkin'. I'm sure I'll understand ya better eventually," Wraith remarks before pushing by them all and heading for the door. One of them runs up to him with a tonfa and hits him over the head with it. Wraith stops dead in his tracks and looks over his shoulder, completely unfazed. Then he suddenly turns around and grabs the beating stick, breaking it in half with his bare hands and throwing it over the side of the building. As they turn back to him, he's aiming one of his guns on them. Before they can draw their own firearms, he shoots them all. The sound of Wraith's gun going off was quiet and quick. There was no sound carried over miles for several minutes or ringing in the ears. It was a faint burst of energy with each shot, just powerful enough to knock them all down and stun them for a little while. "Don't go anywhere," Wraith says as he leaves through the rooftop door.

He attracted a fair amount of attention on his way out through the building, after eventually finding the elevator. Soon it occurred to him that his translator must have been broken too. Terrific. Finally he makes his way out into the streets, looking around before walking off to find a place to sit and wait for his crew.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 10th December 2013, 1:03 am

[Attn: Ravenna, Open]

A few hours in and I came to one realization. This had been a poorly thought-out plan. Travel weeks to a place I'd never been where I knew no one, let alone the language. I'd walked around the downtown area for a while, and occasionally got lucky enough to find an English speaker or two. After several different times I learned another thing: there was a large difference, apparently, between Yuko and Yuuko.

This was getting me nowhere. What had I even hoped to find? I'd been ambling about this overgrown, gaudy excuse for a city with no clear destination in sight. I was beginning to think it had all been a setup just to screw with me.

"Ooh!"

A couple of schoolgirls caught my attention as they looked to the sky and said something that sounded like naga and...boshi? Curious, I looked up to see the object of their attentions. Oh. A shooting star. Big whoop. I continued on my way.

Wait a second...? I turned and looked back. That thing was far too...oh shit. That wasn't a shooting star. Or if it was, it was about to be a meteorite crash site.

I took off running. Screaming behind me told me they'd become aware of their predicament. I cleared a couple of blocks when I felt the impact hit the ground. Shit. What was going on with this damn city?

She had lost all sense of time and spatial awareness until she'd felt a sudden lurch, then she was tumbling through the air. In her tumbling, she could make out bright lights--other than the ones immediately surrounding her. A city, perhaps? It was hard to try and get bearings when you were spinning out of control.

All thoughts got shoved away as she slammed into something. Hard. Her eyes tried to focus, but after all that spinning it seemed the world wanted to do it for her now that she had stopped.

Slowly, blessedly, the world started to settle and she was able to get a sense of where she was. A crater.

It was pavement, definitely, and she'd slammed into it pretty hard. Busted pipes leaked water into her little crater. She could hear loud noises, sirens, people's voices. Damn, she wanted to yell at them to shut up. Her head was ringing still even if the world had finally stopped spinning.

Her body ached. She should be dead. Or something broken, at least. She was strong, not invulnerable. Red encroached her vision in her right eye and she squinted and slammed her eye shut. Blood. That was more like it.

She gripped some of the ground beside her and slowly rose to her feet. She promptly turned to her side and threw up stomach acid. She hadn't bothered eating that day. She spit and then tried to get her bearings again. The first thing was to get out of this hole.

She took it in a leap, landing on the edges of the hole and stumbling to sudden gasps and exclamations of surprise. She wiped the blood away from her eye and took in her surroundings. A city, definitely, and...Asians?

Her face remained neutral and gave away nothing, but she was shocked. She hadn't seen this many in a very long time. What the hell were they wearing? Oh right. Another world. However, she was very curious why they all seemed to be pointing hand-held devices at her. They seemed to be cameras from the way some of them were flashing. But that was impossible, cameras couldn't be that small. Another world...

There were vehicles with flashing lights converging on her position. Authority figures. She didn't have time for a lot questions--especially considering she had her own. Authority generally preferred to do the asking. She should know considering she'd been authority once.

She focused and leapt two stories in the air, then with a crackle in the air, she leapt again, flipping and landing neatly on a third story. Or at least, that's what she would've preferred, anyway. Instead, it was more like sloppy stumbling and crashing to her knees. She was off-balance. Her body was still trying to find its equilibrium and she hated it. But she needed to keep moving.

She took some shaky steps and forced herself into a run, leaping away from the area as quick as she could. Where, she didn't know.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th December 2013, 9:19 am

[ATTN: Dani, Open]

He'd made it several streets over when he noticed movement and something hurtled through the air above Tokyo, slamming into the ground several blocks over. Trick blinked and changed course, trying to see what was going on.

A woman suddenly leaped into the air to the rooftops, stumbling as she landed, and Trick dropped to the roof, keeping low. Well shit. Someone else had crash landed much like him. Or something, at least. No people that he knew moved that way. Apparently anything was possible now.

Could she have been sent after him? It was entirely possible. It was just as possible that she had nothing to do with it and was on the run herself. But the safer assumption was the one where she was his enemy.

He pulled open his jacket a moment to check his equipment. His pistol came away sticky, stuffed full of ice cream, and he cringed. The energy pistol didn't suffer the same problem, but it didn't exactly trust it to work after the beating he'd taken.

He scowled as the woman started to take off. He needed to trail her, determine what she was here for, or she might show up again when he least wanted her around. If he found a way to get the drop on her, he still had his knives and his hands. Maybe he could find something out about this madness.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th December 2013, 4:11 pm

{Attn: Open}

As Ravenna crosses the street she is looking up. She sees a streak of light in the sky. It looks similar to the one she saw when she first met Sandra. Her mouth drops open as the streak get closer. She takes a step closer and feels the impact. She can hear some alert noises from the intersection behind her. These armored vehicles are bigger than the others. They head to the crash site.

She wants to help, but cannot afford to be captured by the science officers. She steps to the back of the crowd hoping to remain inconspicuous while moving with the crowd toward the scene of the impact.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 10th December 2013, 5:15 pm

The lights began to dim around him and in an instance he was on another world. It was nothing like Toivoa ; that much was certain. This place was a full-fledged city. “Huh. Well this…this is good. I don’t know where I am, but at least it’s not a lava-planet or something. I can manage this.” He straightened his clothes and began walking down the street, trying to blend in as much as possible.

The place around him was so full of life; it truly was incredible. The lights, the tall buildings, it all was so much. He couldn’t help but wonder what this place was and they all…they all were human. “All of these people are actual thriving human beings!” He exclaimed out loud, causing a few pedestrians to stop and look at him questioningly before hurrying away. It was like the stories of Earth except not quite as hi-tech.

The excitement of the buzzing city caused his pace to quicken as he strolled down the street. He needed to find out where he was; after all, he did have a mad man trying to kill him. His only consolation was that he and the key were away from Toivoa. It meant that he would be on the run from now on out, but he would do whatever needed to be done.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 10th December 2013, 5:28 pm

He'd heard the sound of thunder. He felt the charge in the air. Then he looked and saw, for himself, the source. Something had just shot down from the sky. At first he'd expected it to be the crew, showing up to extract him. That theory was quickly brushed aside. Whatever it was, it was too small. Still, it couldn't hurt to see what it was. Maybe they could only send one after him. Or maybe he wasn't the only person pulled into this whole ordeal. Nonetheless, he moves out to see what the commotion was about.

Needless to say, he stuck out like a sore thumb. Leaving aside the matter of his attire, he stood at least a head over almost everyone in his immediate vicinity. As he shoved his way through the crowd, he drew closer to the impact site.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th December 2013, 9:51 pm

Ravenna scans the crowd closing in on the impact site. She herself tries to stay in the background, her past experience as a servant has some uses. She thinks she spots some others sticking out above the crowd. They draw her attention and she studies them. Their body language make it appear they are just as lost as she is. Could they be in the same situation as she, or are they disorientated from the impact.

She wonders if she should just go back to the room. Is Sandra still there? The crowd only gets thicker and Ravenna turns. She lowers her head. This is the last place that she should be, especially if she is trying to avoid the officers. Here Correia wouldn't be able to bail her out. She begins to walk in the opposite direction of the crowd.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 11th December 2013, 12:10 am

Arien gasped, her muscles, locked in place, loosened and her eyes fluttered open. She felt only slightly dazed but just as strong. She had no recollection of the journey to this world, none at all. It was as if she'd never left Arboga. Except, for that she was in a small, gothic styled, room.

"Yuuko," she whispered after a moment. She looked up to see a woman staring at her intently. Behind her were two other women, one tough looking and the other carrying a bag of  groceries. She gasped again, but this time in shock, and stared back at her. The woman had midnight-black hair that lay wildly by her sides down to her knees and skin as pale as her own. She was wearing a black halter top, red slacks, and high heels. The woman was beautiful, and mysterious, as well, and therefore could not be trusted.

Arien drew her sword when the woman said nothing. "You're Yuuko," she questioned, meeting her gaze through squinted eyes. She thought is was true, though she had to be sure. Despite her suspicion, Arien's heart thumped louder as the seconds passed without a reply. She was in no position to fight, if need be.

Last edited by Pachirisu71 on 11th December 2013, 12:43 am; edited 5 times in total
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

https://www.instagram.com/aforestclown/?hl=en

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th December 2013, 12:16 am

[Attn: Ravenna]

"Hold these, please."

Ravenna would turn to find a very tall Asian woman with long back hair placing two large sacks of groceries in her arms. Her dress was casual, yet nice, with a black halter top, red slacks, and a pair of shoes that looked expensive.

"Thank you," she said, ushering her to follow. "My assistant got held up, so I appreciate the assist. It's not good for travelers such as yourselves to just be wandering about."

[Attn: Arien, Ravenna, Open]

"Ah, good," came a voice from behind me, "here's the other one."

I turned to see...you gotta be shitting me. There was...whatever the girl's name was...holding two full bags of groceries following the tallest Asian woman I'd ever seen. Well, that wasn't saying much, but she was tall even by American women standards. At least six feet.

The woman had class and a certain air about her, wearing nice clothing and expensive shoes and somehow still seeming casual. I blinked. "Do I know you, lady?"

A smile crossed her lips that seemed mysterious, yet playful. "You do now," she said evenly.

"The hell I do."

Her smile deepened, and she began walking, beckoning the girl to follow and moving past me. "Come along," she said, "if I'm going to answer your questions, I'd prefer doing it where I'm comfortable and with some hot tea. Watanuki should be back soon and his tea is excellent."

What the fuck? I couldn't believe I was following this random chick. What is going on?

She led us through a residential area and finally to a modest house that looked more traditionally Asian than the rest of the houses around the area surrounded by an old, wooden fence. As we neared the house, the front doors slid open and two girls in Asian dress--identical twins except for one of them had blue hair and the other pink, both in different, intricate styles--came running out, speaking in unison.

"Welcome back, Yuuko!" they exclaimed cheerfully.

Suddenly, the air in front of us shimmered like a ripple of water, even looking like a large water bead. Hell, it even fell like one! Though slower, it oozed down to the ground in front of us, then fell away, revealing a pale young woman with elf ears. She immediately pulled her sword. What. the serious. fuck.

Yuuko gave her mysterious smile again. "I have been called that, yes," she answered.

[Attn: Wraith]

He would see a large crater in the pavement, and be stopped twenty feet before it by police officers making a perimeter. They'd give him a quick eye, however, before returning to look at the crime scene, speaking in rapid Japanese while young teens and adults tried to snap pictures with their cell phones.

[Attn: Trick]

She leaned against the wall for a moment, a momentary display of weakness she'd have never shown if there were people around. Her body ached, that had been no small hit she'd taken. She needed rest, but first she'd need to find a place to do that.

She'd long since taken to the ground after breaking into a closed shop and stealing a trench coat and hat. She hated stealing, but it was a necessary evil as she stood out like a sore thumb. Hopefully, she could find a way to repay the man for the damages. What a concept. It had been well over a year since she'd had to worry about such things. Issachar...

Anger fueled her body, giving her strength to move again, and she pushed off from the wall she was leaning against and began walking once more. She was trying to find a park, yet at the same time she felt a feeling that she needed to go the way she was headed. It led into what looked like a residential area.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th December 2013, 3:23 pm

[ATTN: Dani, Open]

God he was glad when she went down to the ground. He couldn't keep up with her on the rooftops.

She didn't exactly strike him as quite human, so he needed to be exceptionally careful. He trailed her at a distance in the city proper - they both were taller than most of the crowd, so keeping track of her wasn't as hard. He casually pocketed a black scarf from a roadside stand as she did her business in the closed store. His own bandanna was still soggy.

He followed her casually at a distance until she made it into a more residential district. From there with less people it was harder to be subtle - but she was moving slow. Clearly she wasn't in the greatest shape, so he'd estimate her direction of travel and trail her via sidestreets and alleyways.

He watched from the distant shadows as she hesitated, stopping for breath. Silently he pulled out the scarf and wrapped it around the lower half of his face; after all, if he didn't need to kill her, he didn't need his face in police reports.

He pulled out of the shadows as she moved on, trailing her silently for a few steps until she passed by another alleyway. He darted forward, grabbing her by the back of her shirt and dragging her back, flinging her into the alley wall hard.

In an instant he had whipped out one of his knives and had it to her throat. He glanced down, seeing the faint outline of a gun under her coat. "Twitch and you die," he said, using his free hand to pin her against the wall. "You will speak only to answer my questions. Who sent you here?"

She had crossed an alleyway when suddenly someone grabbed her. She looked down to see a knife at her throat and some damp hoodlum on the end of it. That was just great, caught off guard by a common thug. Or so she thought until he spoke.

Instead of answering, she just looked at him silently, her face impassive. Only her eyes burned with the anger she felt at being in this position. She would break this man before it was all over.

He waited for her to answer, but she said nothing. How professional. He pressed the knife in her throat a little too hard, drawing blood. “Answer the question.”

She felt the knife dig in, probably enough to draw blood. He knew what he was doing; not a common thug, then.

"The body has minutes before it dies from a slit throat," she said in her neutral tone, unfazed. "That will be more than enough time before I slip into unconsciousness to rip out yours. Release me. Now. And instead of killing you I will only break you. That is the most you will get from me and be grateful for it."

He blinked, and beneath his scarf his mouth twitched in the mockery of a smile. “Not before you tell me where you crash-landed from,” he said, clearly amused. In a moment he pulled the knife back from her throat, trying to shift it as quickly as he could to a more fatal location over her eye.

The instant she felt the pressure release from her throat her hands reached and grabbed him, pulling him into her and bringing her knees between his legs before giving him an inhuman shove to the other side of the alley. "Thank you," she said.

The pain took a few seconds to hit as he slammed into the wall on the other side, but he fell to one knee and swore. He struggled to keep from curling up in pain and threw his knife at her, aiming for her legs as he pulled out the other from his boot.

She grunted when the knife stabbed into her leg. She pulled out her gun and aimed it at him. "Stop. Now." she said, her tone taking a more authoritive, if neutral, tone.

He had nearly hit a major artery before the the pain overtook him. She was in no condition for a protracted battle. The next moments would decide if he lived or died.

He breathed in hard and flung open his jacket, pulling out the energy pistol and pointing it back at her. “Sorry,” he said. “Don’t care to die today.”

He froze with the gun pointed at her, staring at her unflinching. He was bluffing, of course. It was more likely the thing would blow up in his face if he tried to fire it, but she didn’t know that.

"You should've thought of that before you went accosting people like a common thug," she returned. The gun was...interesting. It didn't look like it shot bullets. She felt a twinge of pain in her leg. She was in no condition to attempt to dodge it.

"Go," she began, as she opened her sight to the beyond and looked at his soul to mark it for later. There would be retribution for this and she kept her promises. However, upon seeing the chaos that was his soul, a hard edged laced her neutral tone. "Trickster?!" she spat. "You dare attack me?"

Immediately she shot off several rounds. Of course she'd end up in his world. The bastard would die.

He started to laugh as she told him to leave. It seems, try as she might, she’d answered his most important question in the end. His laughter cut off quickly though as she suddenly snapped at him, and he cursed and rolled to the side as she fired.

He shot to his feet, leaning hard against the wall and looking back at her. Another assassin after all? “Go to hell,” he snapped, throwing the gun at an angle down hard at her feet as he took off.

Last edited by Red on 11th December 2013, 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 11th December 2013, 4:42 pm

Wraith glares down at the empty crater.  It was bigger than whatever fell from the sky to put it there but he didn't have time to speculate.  Hastily, he turns and leaves the crash site, beginning to wonder if his crew was going to be making it at all.  There was one trick up his sleeve that Xana had taught him, bless her heart.  A walking fusion reactor like him should be more sensitive to ambient energy.  All he'd have to do is open up his inhibitors a small amount and focus.  And there he had it.  This city was crawling with a net of this strange anomaly in the energy flow of the place.  It was like invisible streamers of the stuff blanketing the city.  But he had to focus on this one.  It was the freshest one.  Whatever was attached to it couldn't be far.  He only hoped that it wasn't one of those nightmarish tin can men.  Walking off very nonchalantly, he begins to follow the trail of this anomaly from the crater.

Soon he finds himself balled up in a maze of alleys and stores before finally reaching what he senses as some sort of spike. There were two of them in one place nearby. The instant he turns into an alley and finds them. The second he steps into the alley, he sees the girl getting ready to shoot. Things like this felt like slow motion to him these days. He draws up his firearm and shoots just after each bullet leaves her gun's chamber. Like flies they drop, met with their equal in Wraith's energy pistol, powered by the man himself. When he notices one of them getting away, he holds his arm out to his side. It's only after the guy runs into his outstretched arm that Wraith notices the mask. "And where did you think you were goin'?" He says. Then he senses another energy spike. But this one wasn't steady like theirs. It was erratic. Dangerous. With speed outmatching that of any normal man by ten times, he grabs the masked boy and tosses him into a corner before getting between these two and the unstable gun as it blows up his face...literally.

Opening his inhibitors just enough, she stands there in strain as his very cells consume the burst. What was a bright, white blast of explosive force shrivels down to a few sparks in moments before him. His hat had gotten blow off, though. Once it was over, her picks it up and looks down over the two of them. No words. Just a very empty glare.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th December 2013, 6:18 pm

[ATTN: Wraith, Dani]

As he turned to run another man appeared, grabbing hold of him and tossing him to the side. He hit the wall and dropped, leaping to his feet immediately as the energy pistol exploded.

The man stood in front of the pistol and literally ate the explosion, and Trick backed away from him quickly. He kept the new man in between him and the woman as he flipped his last knife into his right hand and took up a fighting stance. He'd screwed up. He'd screwed up bad. But he wasn't dead yet, and at the very least the new third party wasn't the woman's friend.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th December 2013, 7:04 pm

[Attn: Tristan]

"Excuse me."

Tristan would turn to see a young man in a black school uniform with a flat facial expression. "Would you please come with me?" he said.

[Attn: Trick, Wraith]

Dani blinked at the newcomer, assuming a fighting stance. In her current condition, she doubted herself equal to someone with that kind of power. It didn't mean she went down without a fight. From the Trickster's stance, they weren't allies. Not surprising, the bastard could make an enemy of an infant. Probably had.

"Heeeeeeey!"

A loud, whiny voice called out to them and a lanky young man with glasses in a black school uniform ran at them rapidly. He stopped within a few feet of Dani and came to an abrupt halt, bending over his knees and breathing hard--he'd obviously ran a great distance.

"She...said...you'd all be here..." he said in between gulps of air. "She said...she said you'd all be fighting and...destroying things..." He looked at Danielle with concern and then the Trickster with distaste. "Why would you attack her when she's obviously in a bad way?" he said angrily at him.

Dani felt annoyance. The boy could keep his mouth shut, giving potential enemies weapons.

"Here," he said in a kind voice, "let me help you." She stopped him with a glare. He gave her a pleading expression. "Please? You're obviously hurt and you're not far from Yuuko's. I can tend your injuries there and you can get some answers. You all can," he added looking around Dani at the others. "Though you don't deserve any help if attacking women is what you call a good time, you ruffian."

Danielle blinked, then opened her second sight and looked at him. She blinked again. His was a pure soul, untainted. Childish, definitely, but good in its intentions.

"Lead the way," she said neutrally, she said, beginning to limp in his direction. She held out a hand to tell him to stop when he tried to help her. She stopped for a moment and looked back to Trick. "If you ever touch me again, Trickster," she said in her stoic tone, "I will systematically break every bone in your body. And if you ever pull a weapon on me again you better make sure you have a killing blow or you'll regret it." The boy yelped in surprise. "Lead on."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th December 2013, 8:41 pm

[ATTN: Wraith, Dani, Kid]

Trick kept an eye on the woman, judging his chances. He didn't want to leave her alive when she could come back to kill him - but he didn't even have his gun. And with the newcomer his odds weren't fantastic...

He jerked and turned as the kid suddenly appeared, running into the middle of the standoff. He's an idiot. The thought was further confirmed by the kids prattling conversation. He rolled his eyes as the kid yelled at him. Young, noble, and stupid, meddling in affairs that weren't his problem.

His eyes narrowed in confusion at the woman's parting words, and as she turned away he reached up and pulled off the scarf, exasperated. "Christ," he said. "Do I know you? Will you make up your mind about killing me!?" He gave the kid a dark look, shutting him up before he dared speak before his eyes darted back over to the woman, his gaze cold. "No wonder the meddling bastard wanted me if his own agents are this damn indecisive." He wasn't following anyone until he knew what the hell this woman's game was.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th December 2013, 8:46 pm

[Attn: Trick, Wraith]

Danielle only stopped briefly at the Trickster's outburst. The man never made sense to her. "I have no interest in you coming with me," she said in her eternally stoic tone. "So stay there till you rot, for all I care. You attacked me, not the other way around." She returned her attention to the boy. "Please continue."

"We kind of need him..." the boy protested. "Yuuko's orders were specific that all three of you come."

She folded her arms. "I have no power over and no interest in the man," she said flatly. The boy sighed.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th December 2013, 9:41 pm

{Attn:  Open}

Immediately upon turning Ravenna comes face to face with a tall woman.  She has the look of the  others around her.  The woman practically threw two grocery bags.  “Excuse me miss, do I know you?”  The woman doesn't answer, but hints that she knows something. Hopefully she has answers.  “Wait, please why did you call me a traveler?  I did not come here willingly.  I don't even know where I am.”  Ravenna takes the bags and follows the woman.

They meet up with Sandra who is just as confused as Ravenna is.  This is really weird too weird to be coincidence. The woman then says she will answer their questions.  Ravenna can go for a cup of tea and something to eat.  She doesn't remember the last time she ate.

Ravenna follows the ladies to a residental area they approach a nice house.  It somewhat reminds her of Miquelon, as it is not as modern as the rest of the city.  Two girls race out and greet the woman, naming her.  Finally a name to put to the strange lady.

Things got even stranger as the air in front of them begins to ripple.  A large bead of water? forms in front of them. The water slowly flows down and disappears, standing in the middle of it is another being. The woman doesn't appear to ready to attack.  No, she appears to be as bewildered as they are. Ravenna assess the person in front them.  She is obviously female, and has pointy ears.  Could this Yuuko be collecting them, why them, why women?

“Please we are all here, tell us what is going on?  Tell us how we can get home.”  Ravenna asks.  If it was just her and Yuuko she may use her magic, but not in front of strangers.

Last edited by xenolion on 12th December 2013, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th December 2013, 9:48 pm

[ATTN: Dani, Wraith, Kid]

Trick scowled. The woman spoke as if she knew him. He didn't know what to think. She certainly wasn't behaving as if she'd been sent by that poser in a trench coat. Christ, maybe I met her in Russia? Maybe he'd killed a friend of hers? Gotten her pregnant? He was drawing a blank.

He wasn't keen on what he was hearing of this Yuuko - Who else wants to get in my way? - but he had to be logical. The kid said she could provide answers. His most recent attempt to acquire answers had only given him more questions. Fine. If getting answers means taking one more job...

He scowled and flipped his knife in his hand, eyeing the big guy warily as he circled around him. "Fine," he said. "I'll play along. I want my knife back anyway," he said, glancing down at the woman's leg.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar 12th December 2013, 2:19 am

[Attn: Young Man]

The sound of the city was all around him and only made him want to see more of this world. Tristan heard the voices of so many people carrying on with their lives, but one particular voice came from behind him. It was very close that he couldn’t help but turn around to see what was going on.

Standing there was a young man who was looking right at him. “So you were talking to me. That’s interesting.” He muttered to himself. He was surprised that someone was addressing him and asking for him to tag along. Nobody here knew about him, so what was going on?

“Sorry, uh, don’t get me wrong, you look like you’re a bundle of laughs over there, but I think I need a bit more of an explanation as to why I should go with you. Fill me in and I’ll consider it.” He said lightly. He was lost and had no clue where to go, but he needed to remain cautious. He had no idea what the people were like around here.
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 12th December 2013, 6:52 am

"I see," Arien said, drawing in a breath and put her sword in her sheath. The two woman looked confused, almost lost. The smaller girl more so than the tougher-looking one. Arien noticed one of them had elf ears but was clearly not an elf. "Odd," she thought.

As for Yuuko, she was smiling. She was obviously keeping something important from them all.

"You don't have a reason for coming here? Who are you, anyway?" Arien asked curiously. Did Yuuko bring them here, why? Her reason for coming was so huge.. How could they be granted to see her like this? She was waiting for an explanation but she doubted she'd get one. They were in the dark more than she was.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 14th December 2013, 9:01 am

It appears she isn't the only one with questions. The new woman was asking questions as well, questions that Yuuko was not answering. At least the new woman had an easier entry. Ravenna sets one of the bags down and approaches the new woman. She holds out her hand. “I am Ravenna. It appears that both of us have the same questions for our hostess.”

She raises an eyebrow at Sandra wondering if she still believes Ravenna's worldly travel theory is still crazy. Or perhaps this species of human is on her world as well.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 14th December 2013, 6:37 pm

[Attn: Arien, Ravenna]

I am a governmental weapon. I set shit on fire with my brain. Yet here I am, holding grocery bags for some random ass bitch while listening to two loonies go on about my supposed "not having a reason to be here." Who is this chick, anyway, and how the hell does she know if I have a reason to be here?

And the fuck! I she blind?! I look at the chick with the funky sword. Talk about a weirdo. Why would anyone use a frickin' sword these days when you got guns? "Can't you see I'm the bag lady?" I switch my gaze to that of the Asian chick. "Did you want me to put up the milk for you, too? Or can I go now?

"Woah," I said, throwing my hands up, "why am I even asking? I'm outta here!"

I roll my eyes, place the bags down, and ready to make my leave. This place is a nuthouse and it's way more than I bargained for. I'm going home.

"I thank you," she said to my back, "as long as you are being so helpful, are you also going to return my talisman that you traveled two weeks by ship to come here? Watanuki can be so clumsy."

Ah. So she's that Yuuko. Guess I have a reason to be here, after all, Ms. Sword Chick. I pulled the talisman out, looking at it with a slight possessiveness. "How do I know that this is really yours? Perhaps you came into Lia's possession?"

"Lia?" she said, her tone suggesting she was tasting the name. "That would be the angry one you were fighting, correct?"

"She's the ass I was kicking when I found your talisman, yes."

Yuuko raised an eyebrow that seemed to question that statement. So it happened to be a draw, but I never implied that I was winning. Merely that I was beating the shit out of her.

"My business takes me all over," she said as the twins grabbed the groceries I dropped and took the others from the girl. "That day, I just happened to be passing through New York."

"Well, at least you got your thingie back," I said handing it over to her.

"Yes," Yuuko said, taking it. "My assistant unfortunately is very excitable and dropped it on...your associate. I hope its flash didn't startle too much. It was designed to respond to strong emotion. One of you must've been feeling very strongly."

I cross my arms and lean against her fence. I've nothing to say. She's clearly some kind of psychic crazoid who wants me here for some reason. At least I'll have a good story over some strong drink later.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pichuspark 14th December 2013, 8:57 pm

Arien eyed her hand hesitantly before shaking it, it was an odd gesture she wasn't accustomed to. "I'm Arien. Hmm, I suppose we do." Arien hadn't even asked half of her questions, though. There was much more she needed to know about her world. Ravenna raised an eyebrow to the other woman, who ignored it. Do they know each other?

Can't you see I'm the bag lady?"

"O-," Arien began to say. "Did you want me to put up the milk for you, too? Or can I go now? Woah," I said, throwing my hands up, why am I even asking? I'm outta here!"

Arien stood staring at her back. She was.. the bag lady? Why was she so eager to leave? Arien listened to their conversation curiously.

So, that was her reason for being here, to return a talisman. Arien stayed silent when the woman had nothing more to say. Anything she said would probably be ignored, anyway.
pichuspark
pichuspark

is ready to battle

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 15th December 2013, 7:12 pm

Ravenna shakes Arien's hand. It was then Sandra started to protest. It appears she knows Yuuko, so this must be her world. She listens to their conversation. It does not explain why she is here. She thanks the one who takes her bags and waits until Yuuko and Sandra finish talking.

“It seems that you two are acquainted, but that does not explain why I or this other young lady is here.” Ravenna pauses. “It is dangerous for me to be in Science territory, so if you can return me home I would be most appreciative.”

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top