Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race for the Throne

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 39 Empty Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 15th February 2014, 8:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jasmine put the last of her clothes away. She was lucky that she had her own room. Her brothers all shared the rest. She knows that her parents will want to head to the castle tomorrow to tell the Sentali's they are home. Her mom and Aunt Kali are still close as ever. Uncle Iverson is a decent guy. She holds up the coral she got for Serena. It is a pretty pink one.

Serena, or Her Royal Highness Princess Serena Grace Sentali, is one of her best friends. Although since they have been going to Moldova more, their friendship has been strained a little. Still she cannot wait to see her.

She leaves her room and is jumped on by Daniel. He is the youngest of the Lane kids. Jasmine loves her brothers, but every once in a while she wishes she had a sister. Serena is so lucky. “Come on Danny let's go outside and check on the greenhouse.”

She puts Daniel on her back and goes downstairs. Nathaniel is in the kitchen with their mom, Madeline. They are making a quick dinner. “I see that Daniel got you. Are you guys hungry? Mom and I are making something yummy.”

“Ohh what are you making?” Daniel asks.

“Something you will like.” Madeline tells him.

“I am going to take Daniel outside and get some of this energy out of him.” Jasmine tells them. She leaves with Daniel still on her back.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 39 Empty Re: Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 11:44 am

"How do you know that Serena?" Vincent blurts out. He covers his mouth. "I do apologize for that. We will talk later Serena."

Jasmine shakes her head. "No we will talk now. I know exactly what you mean Vincent. I appreciate the sentiment. I asked Brandon the same question. I will tell you what he told me. He said that he has taken care of men, women, and children and has never felt the way he has felt with me. I would appreciate it if you stop being protective and be happy for me."

Vincent's mouth was agape. "So this is serious? Well Langora should be fun on two levels. Who gets to break the news to Prince Anton? I am assuming Brandon will accompany us there."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 12:01 pm

Serena smiles at Jasmine before looking up at Vincent. She knows what he is thinking. They have only known each other for a short time and in that short time has seemed too fallen for each other quickly. Does Jasmine really have feelings for him or is it because he saved her life? Either way she is very happy for her.

“I think we should let Brandon tell him personally. See how fast Prince Anton blows up.” Serena said chuckling. “Jasmine, Vincent is like your brother and he is only protecting you. I will have a talk with him later to make sure he knows who is in charge. Besides I am thrilled for you.”

Brandon squeezed Jasmine’s hand. “Prince Anton, he is the prince of Langora is he not?” he asked.

“That is right Brandon, and he has been flirting and trying to get Jasmine to go out with him for the past few weeks. He is also Princess Nadine’s adviser for this contest.” Serena said.

Brandon reached over and picked up his shirt. He pulls the telegram out of his pocket and handed it to Jasmine. “That reminds me.” He said handing it to her. “Your parent’s send their love.

Vincent I understand that you are like a brother to Jasmine, but I want you to know that I will never hurt her. I will do as she asks and I will not stand in the way of her dreams. If she wants to be the next queen of Moldova then I will only ask to go with her to make sure she achieves that goal.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 12:54 pm

Jasmine had completely forgotten about Prince Anton until Vincent brought it up. She begins to fidget slightly. "We were only friends, Anton said so himself. He did ask to court me at the Solstice celebration, but I refused. Why do you guys think he will get upset?"

Vincent scratches his head. "What does the telegram say? Also what does Brandon mean? Did you give him trouble?"

"There was a minor incident this morning, but everything is fine now." Jasmine answers vaguely. She did not want them to worry.

"Jassy, you need to give yourself time to heal." Vincent looks over at Brandon. "I hope you kept some of the tea for yourself because you may need it with her."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 1:02 pm

Brandon chuckled. “According to her parent’s I will.” He said laughing.

“I’m not positive Jasmine, but maybe he will maybe he won’t. I know that his feelings are deep and even in your so called friendship he was trying to pull you in. Like the night that he shared his blanket with you and Nadine or even that other night that you did watch together.” She said. She wasn’t about to say what happened between them that night seeing as it was a personal. “Or when he bought you the barrette.”

Brandon looked at Jasmine. “If he is a problem to you, I am sorry. I know young men can be crazy at times when they think they are in love.” He squeezed her hand. “I will be there for you and if you need me to protect you from him, I will.”

Serena winked at Jasmine. “Not only is he nice looking, he is a protector as well. You really know how to pick them Jasmine.” She said picking at her.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 1:50 pm

Jasmine's face pales when Serena mentioned the campfire. "Can we not play the pick on Jasmine game. I am an injured lady and you don't want me to feel any worse do you?"

Vincent is not sure if he is comfortable with them being a couple yet. He looks over at Brandon. "Are you prepared to be put through the ringer? Jassy here has 4 blood brothers and 4 other brothers. She is also the only girl."

"Vincent quit scaring him." Jasmine yelps. "Brandon is a good man and I love him. He is my angel."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 2:07 pm

“I can second that Brandon, asides from Audra and me she is the only other female in the family.” Serena said. “Don’t worry Jasmine. I will just remember the sounds you guys made the first couple of times you saw Vincent and me kiss.” She said winking at her.

Serena looked at Jasmine. Was she really ready to say she loved him? She looked at Brandon and his cheeks were a light rose shade. She chuckled. “Don’t worry Brandon, we aren’t picking on you.”

Brandon looked at Vincent. “I know she has four brothers, she has told me about them, and her adopted brothers. I kind of expected you to question our relationship.” He replied. He took the telegram and read it out loud for everyone.

“That is the telegram I received from your parents.” He said handing it to her. “I sent a reply to them giving them my name and that you were doing well. I didn’t say anything about this morning because I didn’t want your mother to stress. I understand she is early in her pregnancy and it’s not good for a pregnant woman to stress.” He explained.

Serena looked at Jasmine. “That was nice of them to send the telegram.”

Brandon found himself looking at Serena and seeing some similarities between them. They were defiantly siblings whether it was half or whole. He sighed gently wondering what it would be like in Rosario meeting his father. For that matter did Jasmine feel comfortable dating her cousin’s half-brother? He would have to ask her later.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 3:09 pm

"What happened this morning Jasmine?" Vincent asks outright.

"I was in pain, and Brandon was still sleeping. The pain medication was on the table next to you Serena. I didn't want to bother anyone and tried to get it myself. I am still a little weak from not walking around and didn't make it." Jasmine explains.

"And..." Vincent raises his eyebrow. "You are just like Aunt Madde when you are not telling the whole truth."

"Alright I kinda fell and may have hurt my shoulder a little." Jasmine blurts out. "Brandon already fixed it though and I am confined to the bed for the time being."

Vincent sighs. "If Uncle Berenson heard that he would be all over you, or have you strapped to the bed. All it would take is one telegram and he would be over here."

"He would not dare leave mom alone with the boys." Jasmine sticks out her tongue. "Trust me I learned my lesson and will stay in bed until I get the Brandon approval."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 4:55 pm

“She fell and she clipped her shoulder against the bed. I had to replace some stitches and I put her back into bed. When I think she is strong enough I will let her get up from the bed and sit in the chair.” Brandon explained. “Until then she has to learn to listen and take instructions from others.”

Serena shook her head at Jasmine. “Good luck with that one Brandon. She comes from a family of men…she’s as pigheaded as they are.” She said laughing.

Brandon chuckled. “I actually can’t wait to meet her family. After getting this message and hearing about them from Jasmine I think it would be nice. I am an only son…” He stops and thinks about that for a moment. He isn’t an only son anymore. He looks at Jasmine and chuckled. “So are you getting hungry? I know you didn’t eat all of your breakfast this morning and I think you could use some lunch. I finally let her have whole food again.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 5:15 pm

Jasmine is about to protest, but her stomach speaks for her. “Yes I could go for some lunch.”

Vincent raises. “I will go with you. That way we can eat lunch together.” Vincent wants some time with Brandon to feel him out and to make sure he is good for Jasmine. He stands up and goes to the door. “We will be back shortly. Serena make sure she doesn't do anything stupid.”

Jasmine sticks out her tongue at Vincent and the guys leave the room. As soon as the door is closed she turns to Serena. “Go ahead I know you want to say something.”

~~~~~~~

As soon as the door is closed Vincent turns to Brandon. “I am not going to beat around the bush, what is going on?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 5:21 pm

Serena gets up and walks over to Jasmine. She takes her good hand and squeezes it. “I am indeed happy for you Jasmine, but are you really ready to say the words I love you?” she asked. “I mean you haven’t known each other but three days and you are in his care.

I’m not saying that I am against your relationship with Brandon, he is gorgeous without his shirt on him, but you are certain you are in love with him?”
~~

Brandon looks at Vincent. He is not surprised by this action. “She is a nice woman Vincent. I do have feelings for her, but I am not ready to say I love you yet. She is in my care and yes I have taken care of others before but I have never felt compelled to have feelings for them before. Does it bother you that I do have feelings for her?” he asked as they walked down the hall.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 5:29 pm

Jasmine bites her lip. “I cannot explain it. There is something that tells me that this is it. I don't know if he feels the same way, and in a way if he did ask I would say not yet. However I want him in my life. I want to learn more about him and grow with him.”

~~~~~~~

“No I just want to make sure you know what you are getting into. Goddess willing she will be Queen of Moldova. Are you sure you are ready for that? You and her will be scrutinized both separate and together. I won't be the only one to assume that you are taking advantage of her.” Vincent warns him. “Especially since you aren't of noble blood.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 5:35 pm

“Wanting to get to know him more and to have him grow with you is the best thing. I hope you are happy with him because that is all that matters. I know Vincent seemed to be a little protective of you but he is only worried about you.” Serena said. “I hope Brandon is the right man for you. He is such a nice man and he is taking great care of you so far.”

~~

Brandon looks into Vincent’s eyes. What he wouldn’t love to actually tell him that he was King Iverson’s son. “It is not about what she is Vincent. Others could say the same about you. It is obvious that you and Princess Serena are in a relationship. Who is to say that you aren’t taking advantage of her as well? It’s not about what I am ready for. It’s about growing and learning together. I would walk away right now if I knew she didn’t want me there.” He said a little heatedly. He was beginning to get perturbed at Vincent.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 6:00 pm

“Tell me what you think of him.” Jasmine asks her. Goddess, she wishes she can tell Serena the truth. “I know Vincent is protective of me. Everyone is, but I really can take care of myself. You know Brandon is good looking, nice and knows how to treat a woman. Unlike with Anton, I want to be with him. I want to know everything about him. I want him part of my life.”

~~~~~~~

Vincent smiles. “I know it may sound like I am against you and her. It is not that at all. I know all too well what people will say because they are saying it about me now. The difference is I have loved Serena since we were young. Plus I am Rosarion, the people know me and hopefully like me. You will be coming in as a complete stranger.” They get to the kitchen. “Jasmine is a very special woman and she deserves the best. Talk to her and get to know her.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 6:12 pm

“That is all that matters Jasmine. As long as you want him to be a part of your life then what I have to say or what anyone else has to think and say for that matter doesn’t count.” Serena said. She smiled at Jasmine. “I think he is handsome personally and I feel like he is level headed as well. I think he would be great at being your other half.” She readjusted herself as she was getting a little stiff.

~~

“I understand Vincent. I would rather get to know her then to not know her at all. I told her that we will take as long as we need to get to know one another. I know the people will have a harder time excepting me, which I expected to be honest. I know it will take time but we will do this together. I don’t care what others have to say. What matters is that Jasmine is happy. Nothing else matters to me.” Brandon explained. They were walking in and they were serving lunch in the kitchens.

Brandon gets a light lunch of a chicken salad sandwich and some fruit for Jasmine. “I am still having her eat lightly. I let her have some whole food for breakfast and I just want it to stay light for a few days before she returns to a more normal diet.” He explained.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 6:21 pm

“Are you alright Serena? You were walking funny before and now you seem stiff.” Jasmine asks. “He has a lot to face though. It is not going to be easy for him after we leave here.” She sighs. “I just can't wait to leave the bed.”

~~~~~~~

“You seem to know what you are doing. I must admit I am surprised in someone so young. You are not part of the temple. Where did you get your training?” Vincent asks. He gathers the same for himself and Serena. He hopes she likes the sandwiches.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 6:30 pm

Serena’s face turned a light pink. She had hoped she had worked the stiffness out during practice that morning with Vincent. “Well if he is going to be with you and you do make it to be the next queen of Moldova then yes there will be a lot for him to go though. The same that Vincent is going through. I can only imagine what your parents will say.” She said smiling. She looked down and then back up at Jasmine. “Don’t say anything Jasmine, but Vincent stayed with me last night and well… it lead to a little more than just sleeping.” She said blushing slightly. “He found my birthmark.”

~~

“My mother was a traveling healer.” Brandon explained. “We would travel from town to town and I would help her. I started young when I was only six and I wanted to help others so I continued to do as she said.” They began to walk towards Jasmine’s room. “We came here when she was getting sicker. She could not heal herself and had become terminally ill.” He explained. “She died just a few weeks ago.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 6:46 pm

Jasmine's mouth drops. “Really? Are you sure you know what you are doing? Uncle Iverson would kill Vincent if he ever found out.” Jasmine is curious about how it went, but didn't know how to ask. “Well you know the consequences to your actions, so I am not going to lecture you more. Just be careful.” Jasmine has to admit she is a little scared knowing what her mother went through.

~~~~~~~

“Please accept my condolences. So you are like me with my archery, young and well trained.” They begin to walk back to the room. “Thank you again for putting up with Jasmine and for healing her. Their family is a little snake bit and could use some good luck.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 6:54 pm

“I mean I know it was wrong but I was afraid and I put all of my fear into Vincent last night in turn for that moment with him. I know what could happen if we aren’t careful and I know what could happen to Vincent if dad ever found out but goddess, Jasmine it was so worth it all.” Serena said smiling. “It was just amazing. I knew what mother had told me about the birthmark but oh goddess it is just like lust takes over your mind when it’s touched like that.”

“You could say that. I never used a bow before, but my skills are well adverse as you are with your bow.” Brandon said. “I was a little upset with her this morning but I realize now just how stubborn she can be. I only hope I can break her curse and make it a happily ever after moment for her.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 7:03 pm

Jasmine head begins to pound. Here they are the best of friends and she cannot tell her that she has a brother. “Well that will give me something to look forward to. I had to tell Brandon about the birthmark during the spongebath. I didn't want him to touch it by accident. He is the first guy outside of family who has seen me well undressed.” Jasmine's cheeks turn red. “I never even asked if he liked what he saw.” She puts her hand over her shoulder, worried about her scar again.

~~~~~~~

Vincent pauses at the door to knock on it. “Keep that up and you may get my approval.” He winks at Brandon before pulling open the door. “I hope you guys are hungry, we have plenty of food here for everyone.” He sets the tray on the table and hands Serena a plate.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 7:44 pm

“Oh if he decided to stick with you, he must have liked it.” Serena said as she winked at Jasmine. There is a knock at the door and Vincent opened the door.

Brandon walks in and sets a tray down on a table beside of Jasmine. He scoots the table over her and then puts a plate of food on the table for her. “Jasmine, is your shoulder bothering you?” he asked as he noticed her hand over her shoulder.

Serena takes the plate of food from Vincent. “Thank you love, I appreciate it.” She said as she looked at Jasmine. “I didn’t think to ask you if you were sore Jasmine.”

“If you want something for pain I can give you something that won’t make you drowsy but it may not work as well. It may lay off the pain for a while but the pain may come back quicker.” Brandon explained.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 7:53 pm

Jasmine shakes her head. “I am fine for now. I am starving though.” She reaches for the plate with the sandwich. She carefully places it on her lap. “This looks so good. I love fruit.” She begins to eat. “I never though solid food would taste so good. And Nathaniel didn't even make it.”

“Considering you haven't had much to eat in days anything would taste good now.” Vincent jokes around with her. “Are you sure you are feeling alright?”

“I am not in pain. We were just having girl talk and I am being vain again.” Jasmine explains. She looks over at Brandon because he knows what she means.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 7:58 pm

Brandon wipes his mouth and points to Jasmine. He was sitting in a chair at the table across the room from her. “Remember what I told you this morning.” He said smiling at her.

Serena looked at Jasmine and shakes her head. “Are you worried that it is going to leave a scar?” she asked.

Brandon nodded his head. “She was talking about having the Moldovan women official gear remade so that it covered her shoulder. I told her that she should wear her scar proudly that she earned it and that it was a mark from the goddess.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 8:11 pm

“But it isn't, my birthmark is a mark of the goddess. My scar is a mark of a vengeful princess. Not that I regret what I did. I will do it again in a heartbeat.” Jasmine smiles wearily at Serena. “But, I do not want it to be the first thing people see. Especially when I know the reason I got it is going to be covered up.”

Vincent stands goes over to the bed. “Listen, no matter what happens you are still the same woman you were before. You are just as beautiful, just as smart, and just as funny. It is no different than any other scars you have from your brothers. Do you not still show off your legs despite them?”

Jasmine looks at Vincent dumbfounded. “You are right. I know you are, but I just have to get used to the idea.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 31st March 2014, 8:21 pm

Serena winks at Brandon. “And she has some nice legs at that.”

Brandon face palmed and laughed. “Jasmine you have some remarkable friends and family. They really do love you and care for you. You are very lucky to have them in your life.” He said.

“Oh no sir, if you are going to be with Jasmine then you will just have to become one of the gang as well. I won’t accept just half of her. I need a whole Jasmine and that includes her other half.” Serena said winking at Jasmine.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2014, 8:29 pm

Jasmine waves her hand. “Whoa, you are getting way ahead of yourself Serena. He isn't my other half yet, so I would appreciate it if you don't scare him away.”

Vincent raises his eyebrow at Serena. “That is my woman for you, always the romantic.” He leans over and kiss her. “Let them date first, remember they have not known each other as long as we have.”

Jasmine stuffs her face with the sandwich so she does not have to add anything. Her cheeks are flushed though.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top