Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race for the Throne

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 38 Empty Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 18th March 2015, 6:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jasmine laughs at Brandon. "Serena you have my permission to tease him when I get pregnant." She opens the door. "I suppose you guys are hungry. I just want Sakura."

"Baby snatcher!" Vincent crys out. "Brandon, better be careful you may never see your kids."
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 38 Empty Re: Race for the Throne

Post by Luna 25th July 2015, 6:10 pm

Serena wrinkled her nose. “I know, and I heard both of you scream from outside the room. Mom, I hope you aren’t mad but when I have the babies I want Vincent to be there with me. We want to be able to do this together.” She said. They walked into the baby store. “When we get done, I may come to the castle to rest and go home with Vincent afterwards.”

~~

Brandon was rather relieved to hear Jasmine say that. “I agree, right now with everything going on I don’t think parenthood is something we should consider, besides the goddess will bless us when we are ready.

Oh did it? I am so happy for them. If they have a child by the time we get home, I get to hold the baby first.” He said sticking his tongue out at Jasmine playfully.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th July 2015, 6:26 pm

"What do you need from the baby store? Or is this a pleasure trip. Because I would love to buy some stuff for my little boys." Kalista rubs Serena's stomach. "Reginald is standing. It won't be too long before he takes his first steps."

~~~~~~~~

Vincent goes to the study and takes some books on children. He sits down and begins to read the books.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Not if I get to the baby first." Jasmine winks. The carriage slows to a stop and the door opens.

"We are taking a break for lunch. If you want to get some food go ahead." The guard announces.

Jasmine steps out. "I hope that Audra likes the gift we got for Annaleigh. I will do a picture for them while we are out there. It is the first time Grandpa sent only me on a diplomatic mission. I hope everything goes well."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 25th July 2015, 6:35 pm

“This is just a pleasure trip for myself. We have everything that we need for them, but I always think we don’t have enough.” Serena said as she smiled at her mother. “He is getting so big, it won’t be long before he turns a year old either.” She said as she looked around. She picked up a shirt and smiled. “This would be cute.” She said. It said on the shirt, grandma’s boy.
~~

Iverson was looking for a particular book when he walks into the study. He sees Vincent sitting there reading on one of the couches. He walks over and puts his hand on his shoulder. “I heard you were one of the few who passed today’s physical exam. Congratulations Vincent, I am proud of you.”

~~

Brandon gets out of the carriage and stretches. “He wouldn’t send you on this trip if he didn’t think you could do this.” He said with a smile. “I think they will enjoy the home made rocking horse. You did a great job painting it.” He said. “And the painting for them will be wonderful. It will probably hang in their room.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th July 2015, 7:00 pm

"I will have to get two of them for your boys. I am so excited for you. I am missing so much with Annaleigh. Pictures are not enough." Kalista sighs. She picks out some more baby clothes for them. "One cannot have too much baby clothes."

~~~~~~~~

Vincent jumps when he feels Iverson's hand on his shoulder. "Oh hello Sir, thank you. It was tough that is for sure. Now I know why I have tomorrow off. If it wasn't for Serena, I may visit Cadence tonight. I don't want to worry her though."

~~~~~~

They walk to a restaurant. The people come out to greet them on the way. It is a small village but welcoming. There is one restaurant and the owner are humbled to meet them. "Welcome Majesties, it is a pleasure to serve you. Congratulation on your marriage. We were starting to think that Jasmine would never settle down." The owner winks at her. "My name is Joseph and welcome to my restaurant."

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 25th July 2015, 7:43 pm

“I know it is hard being so far away from them, but you will have us here. We are really glad that you and Samantha will be there to help. I am just ready to have these babies come out. I’m tired of feeling like a whale.” Serena said. She was looking at a few things and rubbed her stomach as she looked. “I was looking for a throw blanket so that when we do tummy time on the floor, they will be able to lay on it and not just the floor.” She said.

Serena picked up a blanket with different animals on it. “What do you think?” she asked.

~~

“You should make sure that you are alright. If you need to go see Cadence do it. I know Kalista was going to offer Serena to come up to the castle and stay. She looks ready to pop any day now.” Iverson said with a smile. “You should make sure you tell her how you feel as well. Serena is probably worried about you.”

~~

Brandon smiles as the owner takes them to a seat near the window. “It is a pleasure to be here. Thank you on congratulating us. I assure you that we are both happy with one another.” He said as Joseph handed them menus.

“I recommend the chicken and dumplings; they are the cook’s specialty.” Joseph said with a smile.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th July 2015, 8:16 pm

"I think that will be perfect! Let me get that as well." Kalista insists. "I know how you feel, but you look really good. I know Madeline was so antsy towards the end of her pregnancy with the twins." She finds another one that is a blue and red checkerboard. "I think this one will be good as well. It is big enough for both of them."

~~~~~~

Vincent cringes. "So that means that Jassy and Brandon will be here for the festival. I think I will see her. I did take a beam to the back. Who's idea was that course, because it is torture." He sets the book down. "Just tell her that I am packing. Which I will after seeing her."

~~~~~~~~~

"Well I know what I am having." Jasmine winks. "I love that they decided to stop here. This is a nice small town. I am enjoying this break. Will you be there when I present the treaty?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 25th July 2015, 8:33 pm

They pay for the items and Serena yawns. “I am hardly sleeping at night. I finally understand how Aunt Madeline felt when she was pregnant with the twins.” Serena said with a smile. “I do like both of those blankets we got. Thank you for paying for them.” She said. She looked over at her mother. “I am actually tired, do you think we could go back to the castle? I might talk to Vincent about us coming to stay at the castle so that if I do go into labor I won’t have far to go.”

~~

“I received a letter from Brandon and Lawrence. They are going to Altier on a dignitary project and then afterwards they are coming here. They are going to spend the night with them and see Audra and little Annaleigh before coming here for the festival. We will be happy to have them.” Iverson said. He wrinkled his nose as Vincent mentions the beam.

“Believe it or not, my father came up with that course. The sad thing is, those who make it out have been some of the best people we have. Those who fail it can take an easier test, but they get sent for more training in the end.” Iverson said. “How is Serena doing? Kalista tells me she’s beginning to nest and if she’s not doing that she’s sleeping.” He said with a smile.

~~

Brandon puts down his menu and looks at Jasmine. “I would like to be there if I can. I have not seen the presentation of the treaty. They have changed my studies so that I am focusing on laws and history now that I have passed all the other boring stuff.” He said. They put in their drink order and then he looks at Jasmine. “I have never seen anything quite like the history of Moldova. It interests me so much to know about the nation.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th July 2015, 8:05 am

"We would love to have you at the castle for as long as you want. I can have your room set up for you as well." Kalista helps Serena to the carriage. "We will sent Vincent down to pick up your stuff. Jasmine and Brandon can stay in his room."

~~~~~~~

"Serena is getting very sick of being pregnant. She is beginning to nest the best she can. Leigh Anne is Goddess sent now because she can help Serena." Vincent answers. "I better go see Cadence before they get back. I know she is shopping with Kalista now. If we are staying at the castle, I will have to pick up some items later on as well."

~~

"Well that is good. If you have any questions, I would love to help you." Jasmine takes his hand. "This will be a good Treaty presentation to observe. It should be quite simple. I know we won't be there until tomorrow. If you want, we can visit your mom as well. You can present me as your wife now."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 26th July 2015, 9:36 am

“Just until I have the babies.” Serena said as the guards helped her into the carriage. “I think most everything if packed, we started getting that ready last week when I went through that false labor pain. I knew then that I didn’t think I would last much longer.” She said. Her mother sat opposite of her on the bench. “I cannot thank you, Leigh Anne or Samantha enough for helping me these past few weeks. I feel like I have been overbearing to all of you.”

~~

“I remember Madeline being that way at the end of her pregnancy, but so was Kalista. You go see Cadence and I will have your room set up. It will be Serena’s old room.” Iverson said as he shook Vincent’s hand.

~~

“I would love to visit mom before we left. I know she would love to know the young woman who has become my wife and not just the woman who was once my girlfriend.” Brandon said. He smiled as he gently squeezed Jasmine’s hand. “I do miss her still, but she is in a much better place.

It will be nice to learn about the presentation ceremony. I know it will be a learning experience.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th July 2015, 9:46 am

"You have not been overbearing, not at all. Samantha and I know what you are going through. I know both of us will feel safer." They arrive at the castle and the guards help them out of the carriage. "Why don't you join me in the study while your room gets prepared. It won't take too long."

~~~~~~~~~

Vincent heads to the infirmary. Amelia looks up when he enters. "We were expecting to see you. We heard about the obstacle course. I will get a room for you."

Amelia leads him to a room. He changes into the hospital gown and sits on the bed. He knows his back is bruised, thankfully it is in a place that is covered up though. He does not want Serena to panic. He tries to stretch his back and cringes.

~~~~

"It is not very formal. I will lay out the treaty and show her where to sign. She will probably read it over before signing it under Lawrence's signature. Then I will place the Moldovan seal on it and her representative will place the Altiere seal. One copy will go back to Moldova and the other stays." Jasmine explains after the food is brought over. "This is delicious. I am glad I went with this."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 26th July 2015, 10:07 am

“That sounds like a great idea. I can sit in the recliner and relax a little. I haven’t been able to sleep on the bed with Vincent the past few nights either. I am up all night pacing the room and cat napping when I can. I just feel like I am staying cranky.” Serena said as they walked into the castle. They head up towards the study and Iverson is coming out.

“Perfect timing, I just asked Samantha to get your room ready for when you and Vincent were ready to come stay at the castle. I talked to him earlier and he is excited about having the babies.” Iverson said. He didn’t mention anything about how Vincent currently felt.

~~

Cadence talks with Amelia for a moment and then knocks on Vincent’s door. She walks in and smiles at Vincent. “I heard you actually made it through that obstacle course. Congratulations, not many make it.” She said. She walked over to him and shook his hand. He told her about his back and she noticed some scratches on his arms. “Let me check your back.” She said.

She undid his gown and tried not to wince when she saw the deep dark bruise in the center of his back. It took up half of his back. “If you are not feeling this now, you will most definitely feel it tomorrow. What in the world hit you? I think Amelia said a beam did?”

~~

Brandon nodded his head as they began to eat lunch. “Oh wow this is good. So that sounds pretty simple. Nothing hard at all.” He said as they ate. He asked for a refill on his drink. “So do you think Serena will have the baby soon? She is almost 8 months pregnant.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th July 2015, 10:44 am

"Now I know you will need some clothes, I don't think we have any maternity ones here." Kalista looks over at Iverson and can tell he is hiding something. "We will let Vincent know that you are here after he is done today. I must warn you he is going to be tired out. The obstacle course is tough and not many finish it."

She pulls an ottoman over to a chair. "How about I paint your toenails while you rest."

~~~~~~~~~

Vincent bites his lip when Candance touches his back. "It hurts like hell already, but it was either my back or a recruits head. This I can at least live with. Please tell me there isn't any further damage though. We have the festival coming up and I have to defend my archery title. I don't want to worry Serena either."

~~~~~~~~

"Oh wouldn't it be exciting if she had the boys while we are there?" Jasmine's eyes light up at the thought of holding two babies. "More than likely we will be staying at the castle. It will be weird staying in your room. It is big enough for us though."

The meal is finished and they try to pay the bill. Joseph refuses and shows him a full restaurant because of them. They go back into the carriage and continue on to Altiere. They will be stopping ovenight at an inn.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 26th July 2015, 11:43 am

“Very few finish it, but I hear he was one that made it though. I have nothing but praises for him, and so do the drill sergeants.” Iverson said with a smile.

Serena walks over to the chair and sits down. She puts her feet up and nods her head at her mother. “That would be nice, mother.” She said. She looked up at her dad. “Is he alright?” She asked biting her lip.

“He will probably be tired and sore for a day or two, Serena, but I assure you that he is alright.” Iverson said.

~~

“We will have to see how she is doing. She might deliver while we are there.” Brandon said as they begin to continue on their way. “That was kind of Joseph not to let us pay. I did leave a tip on the table though.” He said winking at her.

~~

"Your back is so bruised that you might actually have a slipped disk or even a broken bone back here near your spine. It would be in this area if you did." Cadence said circling an area very lightly on Vincent's back. "I might need some xrays to make sure, but you won't be doing any archery for the next month, I can assure you that."
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th July 2015, 12:06 pm

"I used to feel bad about not paying for things. However Mom assured me that is was the way Royals are treated sometimes." Jasmine cuddles with Brandon. "That is part of the reason I do my art for free. My way of paying them back. I even paint bottles for the vinter to sell with his wine."

~~~~~~~

"You should be proud of him. It is like your father said, not everyone finishes the course." Kalista stands. "I am going to get my nail polish and be right back. Oh where is Reginald?"

~~~~~~

"That means the tournament is out. Everyone will be disappointed." Vincent sighs, but knows there are more important things than the tournament.

Cadence brings him gently into another room for the x-rays. He cannot help but be nervous. He is sore, but a broken back would not be good. He is supposed to take care of Serena and potentially the children, not the other way around.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 26th July 2015, 1:03 pm

“It is still hard for me, but it will take time for me to get used to that.” Brandon said. He listened to her as he put his arm around her as she cuddled up with him. “That is nice of you. It kind of works out then because they make more than if you had paid them.”

~~

“I am proud of him, I just hope he is ok.” Serena said. She sat back in the chair and rubbed her stomach as her father and mother stepped outside the room.

“Reginald was with Samantha earlier. He decided he didn’t want to hang out with me anymore earlier.” Iverson said chuckling. He closed the door behind him and looked at Kalista. “Vincent might be hurt but I don’t know how badly. He said a beam hit his back and I told him to go see Cadence.” He told her.

~~

Cadence gets Vincent ready for the xrays and steps to the side. She takes two shots and then comes back. “That didn’t take long, now come back with me.” She said. She is careful with Vincent and waits for a moment for the xrays. Amelia brings them in a moment later and she puts them up to the light.

Cadence winces as she looks at the xray. She looks at Vincent. “There is defiantly a hairline fracture in your back. It is going to be sore for a few days and I recommend you wrapping yourself up. With Princess Serena so far into her pregnancy and ready to give birth any time, I am going to recommend that you both come up to the castle to stay so that you both can get the help you need.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th July 2015, 2:04 pm

Jasmine could not help but close her eyes. Traveling by carriage always puts her to sleep. "Your heartbeat makes for a good lullaby."

~~~~~~~~~

Vincent cringes when Cadence gave him the news. "Well at least it is not a full brace. Are there any weight limitations to what I can carry?" He takes off the top of the robe with Cadence's assistance. "If I am this injured, how bad would it have been if the beam hit a head?"

~~~~~~

Kalista returns with Reginald and the nail polish. "Now pick a color and I will paint your nails." Reginald pulls him up and stands by the chair. He grins at Serena.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 26th July 2015, 2:15 pm

“Take a nap, baby. I hope you sleep well.” Brandon said. He could see her eyes were closed and he smiled as he hummed gently to help her fall into a gentle sleep. He loved to see her happy like this. It was always the little moments that he loved to spend with her.

~~

“Yes, but don’t worry you should be able to hold both the babies when they are born. They will both be small.” Cadence said. “No more than twelve pounds at the most and you may want to sleep on your stomach. It might hurt to be on your back.” She explained. She then gave him a few more instructions for the next few weeks. She then begins to bind him up.

“You are lucky that all it did was a hairline fracture. It could have completely broke your back and had this been someone’s head then one of two things would have happened, a complete loss of memory and probably trauma to last the rest of the person’s life, or death. I hate to think of the second one though.”

~~

Serena rubbed her eyes and smiled at Reginald as he stood up. “Someone is doing a great job.” She said tickling his chin. He giggled at her and stomped his feet. “I like this color.” Serena said choosing a purple color. “I wonder if he will be walking by the time the babies are born.” She could feel one of the babies moving and smiled as she put Reginald’s hand on her where they were moving. “Your nephew is moving.” She said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th July 2015, 2:45 pm

Vincent bites his bottom lip as Cadence wraps him up. She gives him some cream to help relax his muscles. After she is done he gets dressed and goes to the royal hall.

~~~~~~~

Kalista watches as Reginald squeals at Serena. She takes the nail polish from Serena and starts on her toes. She hears a knock on the door and looks up. "Oh hello Vincent, I hear congratulations are in order. Come sit down you look a little sore."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 26th July 2015, 3:26 pm

Serena is playing with Reginald when Vincent walked into the study. “You look tired and sore, Vincent, are you alright?” She asked. She looked up at him a little worriedly. “I was just playing with Reginald here. I was thinking that maybe we should stay here at the castle until the babies were born. Are you alright with that?”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th July 2015, 3:55 pm

Vincent smiles at Serena playing with Reginald. "I was told by Cadence to stay here as well. I am on a weight restriction of no more than 12 lbs." He sits down on the couch. "I will go and pick up some stuff later, for now I need to sit down."

Kalista watches him walk gingerly to the couch. "Well your room should be ready, after I am done with your nails. You can lie down until dinner."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 26th July 2015, 4:30 pm

Serena looked up at Vincent worriedly. “What did she say was wrong Vincent? Oh goddess, are you alright?” She started to half panic as she tried to sit forward. She looked at her mother and shook her head. “I have to take care of Vincent right now, I can’t rest.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th July 2015, 4:38 pm

Vincent shakes his head. "How about we both lie down after your nails dry, we both go lie down. The pain meds will kick in at that point. Serena, don't panic about me. I just have a bruised back and a hairline fracture. It was my back or another recruit's head."

Kalista listens to Vincent. She goes over to Iverson and whispers to him. "We should speak with the CO. If it is as he says, he is a hero."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 26th July 2015, 5:28 pm

Serena reached over and takes Vincent’s hand. “I am proud of you for taking the hit for the man, but I am worried about the fracture. I promise not to panic.” She said as she squeezed his hand. “It looks like you need some rest so I will sit with you in the bed so that we both can rest.”

Iverson raised his eye brows. “They didn’t tell me that when I heard the report that he had passed. I heard the guy that was with him also passed as well, but just barely. I will speak with the CO and see what really happened. If he did stop that beam from hitting the guy’s head then he is indeed a hero and deserves an award for it.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th July 2015, 5:54 pm

"Actually for once it may be better if you sleep in the chair." Vincent hold out his hand to help her up. Reginald crawls over to them and hold his hands up. Vincent looks down at him. "Sorry little man, I can't carry you right now."

Kalista goes down and scoops Reginald up. "Go ahead and take your naps. We will see you at dinner."

Vincent walks with Serena to the room. He gets Serena settled on the chaise. He slowly takes off his shirt and lies down on his stomach. Just in time as the pain meds kicked in.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 26th July 2015, 6:09 pm

Serena kisses Vincent’s cheek after she stands up. She puts her hands on her back and looked at her mother. “We will see you down stairs for dinner.” She said. She waddles over to the bed and can hear Vincent’s shallow breathing. She was worried about his back. She sees the bandage and pulls it up slightly so she can see his back. It is black and blue and she shivers slightly. She is so mad at her father for letting this happen to Vincent especially with the birth of their children so close. A tear trickled down her face as she wipes it up. “I am proud of you Vincent, I just hate that you are hurt.” She said. She then walked over to the door. She was mad.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top