Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Reign Role-Play

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elemental Reign Role-Play - Page 40 Empty Elemental Reign Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 20th July 2011, 10:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

As a war is threatening to begin within the five nations of Mezzo, Fire, Water, Air, and Earth, a dark cloud moves into the sky slowly, covering the sky for days and nights, hiding the, sun, moon, and stars. As of yet, no one has been able to discern why this has occurred for the past two moon spans, but it is believed by some to be a bad omen.

Fear begins to grow among the general populations and patience begins to wear thin as suspected Fire Nation becomes less and less popular as the loved ones of the other three elemental nations are mysteriously found dead. Although there has yet to be solid proof of the Fire Nation's guilt, the populace becomes more and more sure of it, anyhow.

The overall nations are governed by the Mezzo, but the Air, Earth, and Water Nations are growing thin with their tolerance of the Mezzo's slow and unsuccessful attempts to find evidence against their foe. As such, more controversies stir up into the region as the Mezzo Nation must try to be neutral and prevent a war that seems more and more inevitable as each day passes....
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Elemental Reign Role-Play - Page 40 Empty Re: Elemental Reign Role-Play

Post by HikariKuragari 1st February 2012, 9:48 pm

(ATTN : All)

Baren listen to everyone and simply reply to Xander's question with ''Sure I can.'' He get on his horse and listen the further explaination. ''Well we'll just have to see how it goes and if it goes bad... well let's just hope we don't have to go there mmm?...''

He waited for everyone to get on their horses and took the front. ''Tell me when you're all ready I'll take the lead.''
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 2nd February 2012, 7:52 am

{Attn: All}

"Just be sure to keep a good pace, we want to make it the to Capital quickly." Xander calls out to Baren.

They travel fast, pushing the horses. They take a break here and there, reaching the outskirts of the capital in the early afternoon. There seems to be an electric buzz around the usually calm city, and it appears the populous is excited about something.

They eventually had to dismount and walk with the horses. Xander looks up at the tall thick walls surrounding the city. He has never seen so many guards on duty at one time. People are grouped up around each of the gates too. Something must be going on. "Stay with the group." Xander commands Baren.

He walks up to a person waiting to be let in. "Excuse me, kind sir, can you let me know what is going on?"

The man opens his eyes with surprise. "You mean you haven't heard. There is a celebration going on. All the leaders of the Nations are meeting, here in the Water Nation! Everyone is talking about it, there is going to be a parade and everything later."

Xander smiles at the man. "Thank you." Damn this can either be really good or really bad. He looks over at the gates. Security has been heightened and it appears the guards are scrutinizing everyone.

He walks back to the group. "I have some news." He proceeds to tell them what he learned. When he finishes he waits for them to react.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 2nd February 2012, 10:39 am

[ATTN: All]

"Well, if all the leaders of the Nations are meeting, then that means we can talk to them all at once, right? Though we'd be in trouble if we had to fight them all at once...." Ares said. "But doesn't that mean that Aron should be here? He would help us."

On the surface, having all the Lords together seemed like it would help, but things could go wrong very badly and quickly.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 3rd February 2012, 2:18 pm

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Roxanne said. "Talking to them all at once would save us a lot of time, but if things go badly like they did last time..."

Last time, Minry's intervention was the only thing that saved them from feeling the Fire Lord's wrath. The other lords probably wouldn't have that kind of temper, but if they failed to convince them, the group would be stuck in a very bad situation.
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 3rd February 2012, 3:50 pm

Baren followed what Xander said about the fast pace and was leading the group toward the said capital. They finally reached the city in the early afternoon and he looked around wondering what was going on. ''I wonder why these folks are so exited.'' He pointed out wondering.

Then Xander tell him to stay with the group as he go play the diplomat card with some random person and he scratch his head while waiting. As he made it bad and explained, Baren got quite surprised at the current situation and it would probably be good for them, but might be really bad too.

''Well I guess we should simply try and see how it work, I could if you want take a different route if something goes wrong. Just proposing an idea.'' He said not too loudly so that only them would hear.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 3rd February 2012, 7:39 pm

Xander stands in line as they get closer. “Our first objective should be to get into the city. From there we should be able to gather some information. Since ALL the Nation Lords are here expect higher security. I know that Minry said that we are to travel incognito, but I wonder if/when people would recognize us. It may be beneficial or detrimental for us depending what the Nation Lords have been told. As a trusted Fire Nation Diplomat, I may have access to places a commoner would not. Unless, of course, they blame us for the Fire Lord’s death.”

It takes a while before they approach the gates. Upon reaching them they hear a guard instructing the crowd. “Welcome to the Capital City. Due to the special guests we have strict security measures in place. We are requiring documentation for weapons and proper identification papers. Please have the papers ready for an easier entry. We thank you for your cooperation.”

Xander’s eyes widen. “Shit.” He mutters. “I was afraid of this.” He scratches his head. He felt something weird in his inner pocket just then. He opens his vest and there are papers. He looks back at the others…
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 5th February 2012, 12:17 am

(ATTN : Xander, All)

Baren listen to Xander and nod. ''Indeed, but like I said we'll see how it goes. '' It was then that they got a bit closer to the door and the guard asked for paper and documentation for weapons. That was surely extremely not good, however it was then that some papers appeared out of nowhere inside of his inside pocket. He take it out and it's completely filled up, Baren couldn't help, but wonder where it was coming from. However he did not let it show and advance to show his paper.

''Here's the papers, all the weapons I have on my are mainly for hunting and protecting myself in the nature good sir. '' Baren commented with a smile.

The guard examines the burly man. He does not see his nation tattoo anywhere. Not looking at the papers, he asks the man. "State you name and reason for visiting."

''Baren the great ! That's how people call me at least ! As for reason for visiting, well I'm a traveler and seek to see the whole world, simple as that. I'm glad I'll be able to see the city with a festival ! I love festivals !'' He said cheerfully, probably talking too much and boring the poor man.

The guard raises his eyebow. "I need you to remove all your weapons and place them on the ground in front of you." He states in an authorative tone.

''Oh sure thing, I hope you're patient though...'' Baren said hoping it would not come to the worst having his weapons removed, he would certainly feel naked without them as a hunter. He start removing knives hidden/equiped here and there on him. Most of them were really small. He also show a dagger he have and finally come to his crossbow and arrows.

''Well that's about it, pretty much what any hunter would have, and if you didn't guess I don't have any powers so it's only natural to have a bit more of them. As you can see this permit here show that I have permission for them. ''

The guard's eyes widen at the amount of weapons. He hands the papers to another guard to check them thoroughly. He looks at Baren. "Are you traveling alone or with others?"

''Travelling alone sir ! Although I got a bit lost on the way and those peoples there showed me the way back on track. However I am travelling alone.'' He said on a very believing and cheerful way. Even though it was a lie he placed up, thinking he had probably more chance this way to keep his weapons and go on seperated way from the group in case something may happen.

The guard behind him calls out "Everything checks out, Sir."

The one speaking to Baren nods. "You may go through...Next."

With this he took back his stuff on him which took him a few minutes and looked back to the others ''Thank you for the help on the way again ! And thank you good sir.'' He ended the last one turning back to the guard and going forward inside.

(Thanks to xeno for the guard part =))
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 5th February 2012, 5:47 pm

Ares was wondering where Baren had gotten those papers when he found that he had some as well. He couldn't read them, but he figured they were what he needed. He handed them to the guard, and showed the guard his sword when asked.

"I'm travelling with those two," Ares said, gesturing toward Xander and Roxanne.

The guard spent quite some time looking at Ares and his paperwork. Ares got a little nervous; the guard probably noticed his striking resemblance to his twin. However, Ares' hair was such a disaster at this point that he most likely looked more like the street urchin he once was.

After a minute, the guard allowed Ares past and waited for the next person.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 6th February 2012, 8:38 pm

Just like the others, Roxanne found she suddenly had papers with her. The guard finished with Ares, and waited expectantly for the next person, which Roxanne realized was her. She stepped forward and tried to appear calm, but she wasn't really; a Water Nation guard probably had nothing good to say to an Earth Nation citizen. She gave the papers to the guard, and he read them carefully. He then looked up at Roxanne, his eyes looking at her features briefly before stopping to focus on her nation tattoo.

"So, you're traveling with those two?" he asked, looking from Ares to Xander. He sounded a bit skeptical.

"Yes," Roxanne replied.

The guard folded his arms. "What business do you have with these young men of the Fire Nation?"

Roxanne wanted to roll her eyes at the guard. He couldn't just let her by easily like everyone else. She thought quickly to create a believable story.

"I hired them as bodyguards to protect me from bandits on my way here," Roxanne explained.

The guard looked at her for a moment, seeming to be not entirely satisfied. He then looked at Xander and Ares again, as if he was waiting for them to object. Nothing was said, and the guard sighed. He asked to see Roxanne's weapons and she showed him her dagger. The guard scrutinized the papers again for a minute before thrusting them at her.

"Go on," he said shortly, and Roxanne walked past him after taking the papers. "Next."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th February 2012, 11:07 pm

Xander was a bit disappointed in Baren. He could have simply said they were together. Hopefully the guards will not find it suspicious that they are together once they are inside.

He overhears what Roxanne told the guard. She isn’t lying exactly, they have been brought together to protect her. However no one is paying them. The guard looks to him as he is next in line. He presents his papers to the guard. “So how did you meet Ms. Piper? I thought the Fire Nation took care of their own?”

Xander knew the guard was trying to get a rise out of him. “We have our contacts, and the pay is damn good. The only think that sucks is that she is Earth, if you know what I mean.” He winks at the guard.

“All clear sir.” The second guard says to the first.

“You are free to enter.” The guard says to Xander. He turns to the second guard “There is something about them. We need to keep an eye on them.”

Xander enters the city right behind Roxanne. “Nice job guys. Now we need to figure out what to do. The castle will be under heavy guard. I don’t know how we are going to get in.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rensaku 9th February 2012, 5:33 pm

Rensaku woke up to see that he was in bed with his parents beside him. He flinched as his dad hit him across the head with the back of his hand. "did you honestly believe that you were going to get away from us, you have a kingdom to run ounce your old enough and you will comply with it...." He stepped out of bed and walked with his parents to the meeting room to have a conference about something. When they got there he was surprised to see all the lords were really there, it must of really been important for them to all be gathered around like this. He moved his hair behind his head and sat in the chair to listen to them communicate to each other. He barly paid them any mind but remaind respectful by pretending to listen when he was really thinking about how he was going to escape, he wondered if they would buy in to him giving up and let their guard down for him to make his move. He moved the hood over his head, the shadow slowy creeped down his face until all that could be seen was his mouth. He noticed them glance at him for a moment but then go back to their disscusion.

O.O.C. I fixed my cpu so this should be the last late post.
Rensaku
Rensaku

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 11th February 2012, 8:22 pm

(ATTN : All, Open)

Baren was trying to be into his wanderer form and looked over the rest starting talk to them the way he should to not raise attention. He wave to his 'new friends' assuming the lie he pulled up and say ''Hey guys ! How about a good drink later after I go to do some city viewing !!! To thank you guys for showing me the way up here.'' He said with a good smile.

''WOAH !! Talk about huge place !! I mean this is H-U-G-E !!! '' He continued on acting like some tourist would, maybe enjoying it a little too much even.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 16th February 2012, 3:45 pm

Xander's demeanor tenses up as he looks around the cramped city. "The castle is in that direction." He points off the to north. "It is probably heavily guarded with all the lords here. I wonder if they will recognize us at all. Well come on let's go and stake it out and try to gain an audience."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 18th February 2012, 3:22 pm

Ares looked around at the city; it looked pretty different from the capital of the Fire Nation. There were people everywhere, all of them out for the festivities. He looked in the direction that Xander was pointing and saw the castle.

"Might as well go check it out," Ares agreed. "And I dunno, they might recognize me, since, you know."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiseki 18th February 2012, 3:33 pm

Roxanne looked past the crowd of people and saw the castle. She wondered if they would be allowed in at all with what was going on. She did know, however, that it was highly unlikely that anyone would recognize her; her connections were very few.

"I doubt they're letting in many people today," Roxanne said. "We'll need a good reason. Let's go see what we can do."
Kiseki
Kiseki

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 20th February 2012, 7:46 pm

''Wooo, guys how about we hang out a lot to see the city ?! Wouldn't it be nice !!!'' Baren said rather loudly, still acting like that tourist. He got a bit closer to Xander and whispered to him. ''You should be careful on what is said around the public, I believe we might be watched.''

Then getting a bit away from the man he said ''Soooo what do you say from my awesome proposition to go at some tavern when you have some time along with your friend and cute girl there.'' Baren said stil goofing around and doing a wink to Roxanne, but following the group anyway into whatever direction they were doing.

-------

https://gateway-2-rpg.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=713
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top