Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Reign Role-Play

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elemental Reign Role-Play Empty Elemental Reign Role-Play

Post by JerriLeah7 20th July 2011, 10:56 pm

As a war is threatening to begin within the five nations of Mezzo, Fire, Water, Air, and Earth, a dark cloud moves into the sky slowly, covering the sky for days and nights, hiding the, sun, moon, and stars. As of yet, no one has been able to discern why this has occurred for the past two moon spans, but it is believed by some to be a bad omen.

Fear begins to grow among the general populations and patience begins to wear thin as suspected Fire Nation becomes less and less popular as the loved ones of the other three elemental nations are mysteriously found dead. Although there has yet to be solid proof of the Fire Nation's guilt, the populace becomes more and more sure of it, anyhow.

The overall nations are governed by the Mezzo, but the Air, Earth, and Water Nations are growing thin with their tolerance of the Mezzo's slow and unsuccessful attempts to find evidence against their foe. As such, more controversies stir up into the region as the Mezzo Nation must try to be neutral and prevent a war that seems more and more inevitable as each day passes....
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Elemental Reign Role-Play Empty Re: Elemental Reign Role-Play

Post by xenolion 21st July 2011, 12:34 am

Xander pants heavily. He has spent the last hour working with his tutor on his fire magic. The spells are getting stronger with each lesson. "Come on Master, I need to learn more. I know that I can use stronger fire.

The Master shakes his head. "Now, now young Xander, you've always been the epitome of your element. Hot headed, and rash. You need to learn to learn to slow down and perfect you current spells before using stronger ones."

Xander shakes his head. "I can use the spells, if only you would teach me!."

A chime rings. "Looks like our time is up Master. Next I have my sword classes." Xander politely bows to his Master. "Until next time, stay safe Master."
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st July 2011, 12:49 am

The clicking of the horses feet against the ground was like a never ending rythm. Juri stared out of the carriage and into the distance. Her hands folded politely in her lap, her legs crossed. Her dark blonde hair fell in waves, cascading past her shoulders. Her green eyes surveyed the surroundings. Her Uncle read the book in his hands, smile on his face. The man driving the coach turned back to them.
"We will be arriving at the Fire Nation gates soon.." He said curtly. At this her uncle looked up from his book, smile on his face.
"Well Juri, this is your second time at the Fire Nation isn't it?" He asked, Juri gave a nod.
"I am curious as to why you suddenly wanted to come along though.." Her Uncle pondered, and Juri then remembered.
The Overseer was there, she overheard some gaurds at the Earth Kingdom talking about it.
She needed to see him, to speak to him. That is why her and Fai were coming along.
"Ah, Juri, look!" Her Uncle smiled, pointed forward, she turned, to see the gates of the Fire Nation. They were there, they had arrived.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st July 2011, 1:03 am

Fai glided high above the carriage, using her bending to fly and control her glider. She kept a close watch on the carriage, making sure Juri, her friend, was safe inside. Her robes flapped around her and she pondered all that was occurring.
She and Juri needed to see the Overseer. They had to. Once the carriage stops, Fai would have to tell Juri her idea. They needed to meet that man..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st July 2011, 1:18 am

Upon arriving their bags were quickly loaded on by servants, she surveyed the city scape, her eyes wandered over the roofs and up the buildings. The carriage continued on through the city, to the Montegro house. Her Uncle was tutoring there. She remebered the son of the household, Xander. Although if that memory was fond or not Juri hadn't yet decided for herself. They soon arrived at the large structure, Juri didn't observe it closely though. She was going to meet, greet, then quickly search for the Overseer.
Her Uncle stepped out of the carriage and quickly helped Juri step out. Their bags were taken inside and they were currently waiting to be allowed inside, or greeted. Juri looked up at her airborn friend and jerked her head, signaling for her to land.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st July 2011, 1:26 am

Fai twirled down towards the ground, landing carefully and closing up her glider. She tucked the glider onto her back, giving a small smile toward her friend. She adjusted her flowing robes, proceeding to hide her hands inside the sleeves of her robes. "I must speak with you in private later on." Fai said in her soft, quiet voice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 21st July 2011, 12:01 pm

Ares and Caed sat in a tree just outside the Fire nation capital. They watched carriages, horseback riders, and those travelling on foot go to and from the city. Ares looked up and saw someone on a glider flying overhead; they angled downward and went into the city.

"That'd be pretty handy to have, huh?" Caed said.

"Not like we could fly it," Ares replied. "I can only use fire and you can't use anything."

Caed snorted. "You're no fun."

Ares looked at his friend. Caed's dirty blond hair was tied back with a string, just like Ares did with his own; that made it easier to move around with it getting in the way. His green eyes were gleaming mischievously.

"Let's go into the city anyway," Caed said. "See if we can scrounge something up to eat."

"Sounds like a plan to me," Ares said, jumping down from the tree.

Caed followed him down, and the two snuck into the city among the various carriages going in.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st July 2011, 1:02 pm

{Attn: Juri, Open}

The Montenegro servants were on standby as the Wakapa. As soon at it was stopped they went into action. Watching over them with a close eye was Ezra Montenegro. As soon as Kain and Juri were visible he approaches bowing politely as he does "Kain, welcome to my humble home." He approaches Juri next taking her hand and kissing it. "And don't tell me this is the lovely Lady Juri. It has been so long since I have seen you last. You have grown into a beautiful young lady."

The servants rush around gathering the bags and depositing them in the correct rooms. Ezra motions for the two to come inside. "I am sorry to say that Xander isn't in just yet. He is still at his lessons, driven boy he is." The bells chime. "Ahh he should be on his way to his swords training about now. Let me show you where you will be staying. I am pleased that you chose to stay here while visiting the Fire Nation." He winks at Juri "Or if you want to catch Xander in action one of our servant can take you there too."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st July 2011, 1:16 pm

[ATTN: JURI, ALL)

Fai followed behind Juri quietly, examining the area around them. Her eyes wandered around the extravagant home; she was also looking for any dangers. She needed to keep Juri safe. She adjusted her glider, taking in the large, elegant home with a small smile. Fai never experienced being in a large home except for Juri's uncle's home.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st July 2011, 4:54 pm

"Oh, Princess Sai, you look so beautiful!" Yuki sighed happily, "I wish I could be a princess!" Yuki was around the same age as Sayuri. She was Saiyuri's servant, playmate, and closest friend. Yuki had been given to Sayuri as a birthday present on her 5th birthday. Now, 13 years later, the girls had formed a close bond, even though Yuki was nothing more than a low class servant, Saiyuri didn't care. Yuki had short, curly brown hair, and wore a nice, clean dress, but it wasn't anything too fancy. The dress was better than the rags normal servants wore. Sayuri was against dirt, and germs. She told her father that if Yuki was going to be around her all the time, she would have to be kept clean, and wear decent clothes. Besides, being Yuki's best friend, she didn't like it when Yuki wore normal low-class peasant clothes.

"Yuki," Sayuri said, giving Yuki a stern glare, "How many times do I have to tell you. When we're alone, you can call me just Sai, or Sayuri. You can drop the formality."

"Oh...yes ma'am..." Yuki said, turning a bright shade of red.

"And none of that either!" Sayuri said. Yuki continued to brush her strawberry-blonde hair. Sayuri wore an elegant blue dress. There was a very important dinner tonight. Some water nation diplomats were coming to discuss some important matters with her father, who had stated that he wanted his family with him. Sayuri found these meetings quite boring, but she couldn't question the commands of her father. She had to obey him.

Sayuri sighed. It was almost time to go to the eating hall. She was not looking forward to this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2011, 12:04 am

(ATTN: FAI, OPEN)
Juri smiled politely at the man. She needed to wait until her Uncle was busy to sneak out, so why not kill some time? Besides, Fai might enjoy seeing a fire user in action.
"Why, I might just take you up on that. Actually, I think I will." She said, watching her uncle. She would probably have to wait until it got darker outside in order to not be caught.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2011, 12:08 am

(ATTN: JURI, ALL)

Fai looked at her friend and slightly raised an eyebrow, giving a small smile toward Juri. She could already read her friends mind. It smelled like adventure it was and why not have some fun? Fai never neared a fire bender before. But, she knew oxygen and wind made fires grow so perhaps she'd get along with this fire bender.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd July 2011, 1:09 am

{Attn: Juri, Fai, Open}

Upon expressing interest in the training session, a servant was dispatched to show the two ladies to the building. She lead and they followed to a large building. "Master Xander should be in room three, but be careful he is quite intense.

Xander has already done his warm ups and is now facing the his Master. Both take a practice sword from the bin and bow to one another. The Master looks at Xander in a ready position "Let us begin, Xander, show me how much you have improved."

Xander takes the the first strike which was easily blocked. The Master counterstrikes, also blocked. Back and forth they go, some strike landing, most being blocked.

Finally they stop Master looks at his student, "You have learned a lot, young man, I am impressed. Now let me show you a more difficult move."

Xander bows "You have my complete attention."

The Master smiles back. "He shows Xander an aerial technique that consists of a series of hits. Then he flies up in the air and comes back down sword first into the floor. He creates a hole in the floor. He takes the sword out turns to Xander. ''That would be how the enemy would be finished on the end ! Although mark my words, this isn't a easy move. Allow me to show you step by step how it is done."

Xander and the Master practice each movement a step at a time. Xander is focused and is a good student. Finally the Master stops him. "I think you are ready to put it together, go ahead and give it a try."

Xander steps to the middle of the of the mat. He closes his eyes and concentrates very hard. He takes a deep breath. He does the first move...the second.....the third...he get up in the air and adds a little bit of fire to his sword as he lands sword first. It was not as good as the Master's, but the enemy would not be walking away.

The Master shakes his head. "Always have to add the fire don't you..." He was about to speak again as a chime rings "Well that is all for today. You learned a lot Xander, and make sure to bow to your audience."

Xander turns and sees two young ladies. One he recognizes vaguely at first. He thinks about her name as he walks over. He bows and takes Juri's hand kissing it "Juri Wakapa, it has been far too long milady. We weren't expecting you until later. You have grown up to be quite a beauty." He turns to Fai "And who shall this delicate little flower be? I am Xander Montenegro, son of Ezra diplomat to the king."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2011, 1:26 am

(ATTN: XANDER, FAI)
"Would you please cut the charade Xander, I realize we weren't on the best of terms when I saw you last. I know you aren't the 'prince charming' you appear to be." Juri struck down his 'chivalry' with a polite, sweet smile. "Fai, this is Xander. He may seem charming, but when he learns you aren't a high class citizen, you're the dirt beneath his boots. However I do respect his skill as a fire bender."
"Either way, I was wondering if you'd be interested in showing me and my friend here what you could do, with a friendly match. That is, if you're not too tired." The polite, courtious tone never left her voice. But her eyes locked onto Xander. " I wouldn't ask you to use your fire, of course. Uncle is preoccupied at the moment and it's been a bit long since I've fought an opponent that hasn't been distracted by butterflies."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd July 2011, 1:41 am

{Attn Juri, Fai}

Xander laughs "Well looks like you haven't changed much at all Juri. And to think I was going to commend you on allowing your servant to wear middle class clothes. Tell me are you still wasting your time and pity on the lower class? Just don't expect me to wander the streets looking for you here. I don't have to play fetch for your uncle in the Fire Nation."

He takes out a practice sword throwing it to Juri. "I don't mind showing off my skills for anyone. Unlike you I have been training hard. And why are you afraid on my fire element? Are you afraid that I will beat you?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2011, 1:47 am

(ATTN: XANDER, JURI)

Fai felt a growl crawl up through her throat. She was angry and she hated being mistaken for being Juri's servant all the time. "I must correct you, Xander, that I am not a servant and these robes are the ones I received from the Air Temple.." Fai replied in her soft voice to this arrogant boy's manor. She breathed in slowly, calming herself and remembering what the monks taught her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2011, 1:50 am

" I am not wasting my time you insensitive ass. Low class, high class, we're all humans and I intend on them being treated as such." She gives a wry smile at Xander, catching the sword with ease. " You and your element pose no threat to me Xander. I just didn't want the little rich boy to get a boo boo because I played too rough. I've been practicing too, love. Hate to dissappoint you." She easily whipped the sword around in her hands. Her uncle, upon her request, trained her well.
"Now, let's dance." She said in an agressive tone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2011, 2:02 am

(ATTN: JURI, XANDER)

Fai sighed, spinning around so her light robes twirled around with her. She sat down on the side of the arena, watching Juri prepare. Fai slung her glider off her back, gently placing it next to her. Her robes flowered out around her, the patterns of the clouds intertwining through the thin silks. Fai extended her palm, twirling air around it with her finger.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 22nd July 2011, 10:29 am

[ATTN: Open]

Ares and Caed walked through town, throwing ideas back and forth.

"Hey, we should break into the Montenegro house," Caed suggested.

"Are you insane? Suicidal?" Ares replied incredulously.

"Just imagine all the good food and valuable stuff that must be in an upper class house like that! And besides, it'll be a good test of our thieving skills."

Ares shook his head in disbelief; his friend was completely out of his mind.

"Caed! There are sure to be guards everywhere there for the sole purpose of keeping people like us out!"

Ares knew he wasn't going to win this fight, Caed had that look in his eyes. There was no talking him out of it so he'd just have to follow along and make sure his friend didn't get hurt.

"I'm going," Caed said stubbornly. "You can stay here or come with me."

Caed turned and headed off toward a back alley, Ares sighed and followed. They followed the alley all the way to the upper class part of the city and immediately found guards patrolling the area. Irrevs like them weren't allowed anywhere near this area, so they'd have to be careful.

The pair waited until the guards went down another alley and quickly ran by. They almost ran into more guards and had to dive into a pile of garbage to avoid them. The guards walked past and the two boys crawled out and kept going.

After a few more close calls, they approached the large house. They stayed behind a couple boxes and watched the guards hanging around.

"Tch," Ares said scornfully. "Some people get to live like this and the rest of us barely get by."

"We'll show them that they're not all powerful," Caed replied.

Now that they were there, Ares was on-board with the plan. Seeing upper classmen live like this made his blood boil.

"So how are we getting in?" Ares asked.

As he asked that, a couple servants walked by, completely unaware of the two boys hiding there.

"That's how," Caed whispered fiercely.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd July 2011, 11:17 am

{Attn: Juri, Fai}

Xander first turns to Fai. "My deepest apologies if I offended you with my incorrect assumption. I have the deepest respect for those from the temples."

He then smirks at Juri "Wow and they say that the Fire Nation are a bunch of hot heads. Here I was looking for just a little sparring and you want to harm me. Lucky for you I have no problems holding back just because you are a girl."

Xander gets into a ready pose "Well my dear, ladies first, I insist."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2011, 11:29 am

The smile never leaves Juri's face but inside she is seething.
"I must apologize myself, I never wanted to relay the notion that I wanted to harm you." She said calmly. " I merely wanted to explain, I have no sympathy for roaches like you, so I am taking measures to ensure I do not go overboard and harm you."
"Also, I am not your 'dear' anything, so your pathetic attempt at chivalry is quite..... ham handed."
Juri also assumed a fighting pose, then with a quick two steps, collided her sword with Xanders.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd July 2011, 11:41 am

{Attn: Juri, Fai}

Xander blocks the attack and strikes with his own "No matter what you think darling you are a high class citizen. I will treat you as such." He winks at her with a mischievous smile on his face. "Besides you are even beautiful when you are angry. I do have to wonder why you harbor such hatred for me."

Xander strikes again making her back up a step. The cocky smile remaining on his face.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 22nd July 2011, 11:50 am

[ATTN: Open]

"Wow, these clothes feel nice," Ares said. "Even the servants have nice stuff."

"Stop admiring that, there are bigger things we're after. And we gotta hurry!" Caed snapped.

The two picked up what the servants had been carrying and tried to look natural. They had done stuff like this before, but only at small-time places. This would be their biggest heist yet. They had to get it right.

They went around to a back door which they assumed was the servants' door. They entered through it and found themselves in a hall with more servants swarming around. They didn't pay any attention to Caed and Ares.

The smell of food wafted to them from somewhere in the hall. Their stomachs growled savagely, and they looked around for the source. They found the kitchen after a bit of looking and went in. There were cooks and servants hurrying around; one ran into Ares and cursed him.

A woman thrust a plate of food at each of them and said, "Here, take this and be on your way!"

The pair smiled at each other and nodded, going back out into the hall. "Man, this is too easy!" Caed whispered triumphantly.

The two wolfed down the food viciously. "Wow, this is amazing!" Ares said.

"Just imagine what they give the people who live here if this is what the servants get," Caed said in awe. "Let's keep going."

"C'mon Caed, we got our food. Let's get out before we get caught."

"They're not gonna catch us. See how easy this was?"

Without even waiting for a reply from Ares, Caed continued down the hall. Ares hurried after him, annoyed. They came to a door at the end of the hall and Caed pushed through it. They came out into a very fancy hallway; Ares was stunned, this is what he imagined castles to look like.

They walked along, looking nonchalant but keeping their eyes out very intently. They soon saw a very fancy-looking door; something was written on it but neither Caed nor Ares could read.

"Let's go in there," Caed whispered.

Ares was about to argue, but knew it was useless. He made a gesture for Caed to go ahead. His friend pushed the door open and they quickly snuck in.

The room looked like a prince's room. The two stood there in awe for a moment, then came to their senses and began looking around.

"It needs to be something small so we can easily smuggle it out," Ares whispered.

"How about this?" Caed asked, holding up a very expensive-looking necklace.

"Perfect," Ares said. "Now let's get out."

Caed sighed, but pocketed the necklace and went back toward the door.

Last edited by LadyTwi on 22nd July 2011, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2011, 11:53 am

"Oh? So you'll be a complete suck up and lapdog? Love, if you live your entire life trying to appease other people you'll find yourself being nothing more than a second class citizen to them." She smashes her sword against Xanders once again, yet this time with such force that he was forced to take a step back. She wasn't going to let him get ahead on her. "I don't HATE you. Hate is SUCH a strong word, I preffer the term 'strong repungance'. You know why, or has all that hot air you seem to be full of gone to your brain?"
Xander takes another move, rapidly and seemingly effortlessly slamming his sword into Juri's. The barrage continues and while Juri is capable of blocking, she does not enjoy the fact she has to keep backing up. She parries and smashes her sword into his with a display of raw power. Although this did little more than even the playing field.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd July 2011, 12:01 pm

(ATTN: JURI, XANDER)

Fai watches the battle, taking a small interest into it. She looks out the window, admiring the scenery. The gardens seemed quite lovely and the butterflies that flitted around were beautiful. Fai began to hum to herself, ignoring the hollering, shrieks, and pounding noises from what was occurring. She did glance back every once in a while, checking to see if Juri was safe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top