Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race for the Throne

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 2 Empty Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 15th February 2014, 8:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jasmine put the last of her clothes away. She was lucky that she had her own room. Her brothers all shared the rest. She knows that her parents will want to head to the castle tomorrow to tell the Sentali's they are home. Her mom and Aunt Kali are still close as ever. Uncle Iverson is a decent guy. She holds up the coral she got for Serena. It is a pretty pink one.

Serena, or Her Royal Highness Princess Serena Grace Sentali, is one of her best friends. Although since they have been going to Moldova more, their friendship has been strained a little. Still she cannot wait to see her.

She leaves her room and is jumped on by Daniel. He is the youngest of the Lane kids. Jasmine loves her brothers, but every once in a while she wishes she had a sister. Serena is so lucky. “Come on Danny let's go outside and check on the greenhouse.”

She puts Daniel on her back and goes downstairs. Nathaniel is in the kitchen with their mom, Madeline. They are making a quick dinner. “I see that Daniel got you. Are you guys hungry? Mom and I are making something yummy.”

“Ohh what are you making?” Daniel asks.

“Something you will like.” Madeline tells him.

“I am going to take Daniel outside and get some of this energy out of him.” Jasmine tells them. She leaves with Daniel still on her back.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 2 Empty Re: Race for the Throne

Post by Luna 16th February 2014, 7:25 pm

Serena sits on Jasmine’s chair and takes the coral piece from Jasmine. “Oh goddess, Jasmine, it is beautiful.” She said. “Did you get this from the reef or did you buy it at the store? Wow I really like the coloring on it.” she said.

Berenson walks past the door and looks in. “Well hello there Serena. It is good to see you. Jasmine, Daniel is playing in the back yard right now with Thomas. I am trying to get him to tire out so he will sleep and leave your mother alone this evening. She really needs some rest.” He said sighing. He left the room and Serena looked at Jasmine.

“How big of a handful is Daniel?” she asked. She looked at the coral piece. “I miss Moldova. I know we are going for the summer solstice. I am really excited.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 16th February 2014, 8:06 pm

Jasmine bites her lip. “A little bit of both. The man who sold it is a diver. The reef is protected, so he grows his own coral.” She looks up at Berenson. “Hi Dad, Mom mentioned seeing Cadence as well. Don't worry I will make sure he stays out of her hair. Daniel is just a hyperactive boy. Mom can usually handle it, but just lately she's been tired. Well what do you want to do at the small party? Do you want to have it here or somewhere else? I am a little nervous about the solstice. It will be the first one we attend as adults.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 17th February 2014, 3:53 pm

Serena was still enjoying the coral. “I still think it’s a great piece of coral. It will look good with the backdrop that your father painted before I was born.” She looks over at Jasmine. “I know your mother wouldn’t mind us having it here, but I almost feel like we should have it by ourselves. Away, I just want some peace and quiet and some fun. I bet you could use some fun as well.”

She looked out the window and saw the Watson boys playing with Daniel and laughed as the ball came down on his head. He fell over and pretended to faint. He scared the other boys. “Daniel is so funny. So why don’t we take the ball and play keep away with Daniel on the way back to the castle? So what are you afraid of? I will be an adult too. Ohh you know we will be of age now.” She said nudging Jasmine with her toe.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th February 2014, 4:07 pm

“I just want some girl time. You know there is this hotel room. I remember Dad mentioning it before. It is set aside for visiting dignitaries. Maybe we can rent it for the night and have a good old fashioned slumber party.” Jasmine sighs. “Your parents are going to be ruling for a while. Lawrence not so long, which means that either Nathaniel or I will be ruling Moldova. I only hope the don't thrust me to relationships.”

She kicks Serena's toe. “Or since Dad is home, why don't we ask him if he can take Daniel to the castle and we can go ourselves.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 17th February 2014, 4:15 pm

“Ohhh really now? I never knew that. I wonder if we could get it for the night and pay them off not to tell anyone.” Serena said feeling a little mischievous. “Hey I am just ok with that. I know mom and dad tell us stories all the time about how they took over when they were in their early twenties. They can keep it.”

Serena stands up from the chair after Jasmine kicked her toe and smiled. “Come on. I’m sure your father would do that.”

“Do what?” Berenson said walking back down the hall. He was holding a basket of laundry.

“Take Daniel to the castle. Jasmine and I are about ready to go and we thought we would ask sense you already had to go there, could you take Daniel with you?” Serena asked giving him those puppy dog eyes.

Berenson laughed. “Don’t worry about it. I know how he can be sometimes. You girls have some girl time. I know Jasmine doesn’t get enough of it.” He put down the basket and walked over to Jasmine. He kissed her forehead and patted her on the back. “Now go have some fun.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th February 2014, 4:25 pm

“Oh thank you Dad !” Jasmine hugs and kisses his cheek. “Well grab your present and we can leave.” She gets a light jacket on and they leave the house. “So who do you want to invite. I don't mind if you invite some guys, but I want them to be our age at least. Ohhh do you think we can sneak a bottle of wine or two from the kitchen? Not enough to get stupid drunk or anything. Oh and we should have some cheesecake. What else do you want?” Jasmine smirks.

Most people see her and think she is a wonderful people person. She knows her way around people, and is well behaved. Only those that are close to her see her mischievous side. She is the peacekeeper with the boys and is the one to settle most arguments. However it is usually because she is sick of the arguing. She smiles over at Serena and links arms with her. “I am glad we are back to see you. I can't wait to see your gown tomorrow. Is it one of your mom's designs?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 17th February 2014, 5:02 pm

“Oh let’s do it Jasmine!” Serena said as Jasmine linked arms with her. They walked down the stairs of the Lane’s house. They sneaked out of the front after Serena had to go back up to get her coral piece and they left the house laughing.

“So I was thinking just a few of us. Just you, me, Nathaniel, Audra and Vincent. Do you know anyone else who would want to come? I mean I don’t want to invite the whole city or anything and make it big.” Serena said as they walked towards the castle. She looked over her shoulder and waved to a couple guys who had turned to look at them as they walked past.

“Oh Jasmine, I wish you could see the design. It is a beautiful one. Mother does such a great job creating those dresses. I wish I had her talent. Jonathon said he had the perfect fabric for it.” Serena said as she twirled around.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th February 2014, 6:01 pm

“I know all the attention will be on you, but I need to find a dress too. Who better than you to help me choose.” Jasmine tells Serena as she waves at the guys. They wave back but their eyes were mostly on Serena. Why shouldn't be? She is gorgeous with the dark black hair and crystalline blue eyes. People look at her and see the red hair. She doesn't even have the green eyes like Nathaniel. What color is gray for eyes anyway? “I think you have some fans.”

They get to the castle. The guards greet them. It was the shift change. “Well it is your party and smaller is better if we are spending it in the hotel anyway. I will tell them and we can plan it. What do you want for your birthday anyway?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 17th February 2014, 6:19 pm

“A good stiff drink is what I want.” Serena said chuckling.

Sam was doing a round and looked at the young ladies as they walked in. “Ah, ya wee lassies. Is that anyway ta talk?” he asked smiling. “Speaking of needing a stiff drink, majesty your dad was looking for ya earlier. Good luck to ya. Ugh…I’m thinkin bout retiring.” He said looking to the next guard. “Iham getting to old for this.”

Serena looked at Jasmine and chuckled. “Sounds like dad needs a drink, I wonder if we could get a drink tonight.” She said putting her finger on her lip. “So I don’t know what I want. I have just about anything money can buy. I tell you what I wouldn’t mind having… an adventure. To be able to get out and see the world.” She said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th February 2014, 6:30 pm

Jasmine hugs Sam. “Aww don't go retiring on me now Sam you know we love you.” She kisses him on the cheek. She remembers all that he did for both mom and her when she was just a baby. Jasmine pulls Serena close to her. “No, what your father needs is a pole extraction, but you didn't hear it from me.

You are lucky you at least get to go to other countries. The only other one I've been to is Moldova.” Jasmine replies. “I know that King Albertson loved to see you and Queen Micia said that you remind her of Kalista.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 17th February 2014, 6:54 pm

“That might be true, but at least you get to see your grandparents and have fun. All I get is ‘you have so much to live up to’ crap.” Serena said. She bit her lip and sighed. She needed to cool down a little. “I just need a chill pill. I know great uncle Albertson never had any sons of his own. He always asks about grandma when we see him.

And just between you and me, I think Audra has the hot’s for prince Malachi. I understand he will be taking the throne when queen Micia is no longer able to lead her nation.” They walk inside talking back and forth when Iverson runs into them.

“There you are! I have been looking for you everywhere. You missed your lessons with Glenn today. I will give you a free pass for today sense you have been with Jasmine, but don’t think it will happen again. Jasmine, welcome back from Moldova, I hope you and your family had a great time.” he said. “Is the rest of the family here yet?” he asked.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th February 2014, 7:19 pm

“Really? Audra and Malachai. He is older than me? He seems nice, but mom is uncomfortable around him still.” Jasmine discloses as they walk to the royal wing.

“Hello Uncle Iverson, sorry, but I had to kidnap my cousin after not seeing her. Congratulations on the baby.” Jasmine kisses his cheek. “We were talking about the ball, I for one cannot wait for it. Do you think I can borrow Serena to help look for a dress? Oh and they will be coming up later. Dad is sucking the energy from David.”

“I suppose that we can arrange something. However she still has her lessons, and while you are here you should be in those lessons as well.” Iverson answers.

Jasmine bats her eyes. “Uncle Iverson, you forget who keeps Serena in line most of the time. I love to have my study partner back.” She winks at Serena. “If you need us we will be in her room.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 17th February 2014, 7:34 pm

“Remember Audra and I, are the same age right now. He isn’t but two years older than you.” Serena quips back.

Iverson chuckled and shook his head. “You girls go have fun.” He said. He walked on his way down the hall.

Serena pulled Jasmine into her room and shut the door. “I wonder if mom and dad will want this room for the nursery.” She said as she walked over to a bookstand. The beautiful ocean picture that Berenson had painted years ago was still there. Serena put the coral piece that Jasmine had gotten her beside the conch that she had sitting there.

“It’s right next door to their room and I know for the first five years of our life both Audra and I shared this room. I kind of love this painting though. It reminds me of all those family trips to the island out there in Moldova.” Serena said in a slightly sad kind of voice.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th February 2014, 8:06 pm

“I know and I am about a year older than her, but love knows no bounds I guess.” Jasmine's face lights up. “I think I know what to get you for your birthday!” She takes Serena's hands. “Pick out a room and I will draw you a scene on your wall. How does that sound?” She hopes that Serena says yes. “We can tell your parents tonight and I can start working on it when I am here. It would be nice to get away from your parents.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 18th February 2014, 4:48 pm

“Would you really?” Serena said excitedly. Jasmine was a great artist and Serena had always loved looking at her sketches and paintings that she had done. “I would love that SO much!” she said.

They walk out of Serena’s room and look down the hall. Some of the rooms hadn’t been used in years but were still kept up. Others had been used by family when they had come to the castle to stay for a visit. Serena pulled Jasmine into one of the rooms down the hall. “I don’t see anyone ever go in this room anymore. I wonder why.” She said as they walked into the room. It was Madeline and Berenson’s room they shared after they had become a couple. It was also the room she had been raped in.

Serena walks around the room. “It looks nice enough. I wonder if it has access to the secret passages.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 18th February 2014, 5:06 pm

“All rooms in the royal hall have secret passage access. This room is awesome, but are you sure you want one that has an adjoining room?” Jasmine asks “Look it has a balcony as well. So are we going to ask your parents?” She looks around the room and begins to picture the scene she can put there.

“Ask them what? And what are you doing in here?” Audra asks coming into the room. “Oh hello Jasmine. I heard you guys returned.”

“Serena's decided it is time to spread her wings and move out of her current room.” Jasmine explains. “I think that wall will be perfect for the drawing what do you think?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 18th February 2014, 5:14 pm

Audra looks at Serena. “So what made you decide you wanted to move from the room you are in now? I thought you liked the painting that Uncle Beren made long before we were born.” She asked. She looked at the wall and smiled. She pulled back the wall hanging and pointed to the stone wall. “This is the entrance to the secret passage.” She said winking.

Serena began feeling around on the wall for the three stones. “Well I think I would be alright having a room that’s connected to another. There are only four rooms like that.” She said. “My current room and our parents, and this room and the one next door.” she pressed one of the stones and found it was the wrong one to press first. She started to look for the next one.

“I thought mom and dad would want the room for the nursery sense it was next door. I’m old enough to know when it’s time to be thrown out.” She found the last two and found the order pretty quickly. “Ahh I like how easy these stones are to press in.”

Kalista was walking down the hall and noticed the room door was opened. She looked in and found the girls in there. She looked at them. “Can I help you ladies with anything?”

“Mom why hasn’t anyone used this room in years? It’s a nice room.” Serena said. “Could I have this room in exchange of my current room? I thought maybe you and dad would want my room for the nursery sense it’s next door.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 18th February 2014, 5:28 pm

Kalista looks at the girls. So much has happened in this room. First with Madeline and later with her and the fire. "We never needed to use it. If you want it you can have it. This was you mother's room when she first came here Jasmine."

"Oh really." She knows that Mother doesn't like the castle, and got snippets of what happened, but both she and Berenson have been tight lipped about it. "It is settled then. I will paint the scene on that wall. I will let you know when I am done and ready for the furniture. I am doing a scene for her birthday present."

"I have a better idea. Serena how about you get to pick out new furniture." Kalista offers. "Something that is adult and you can live with." She goes over and kisses Serena's head. "I can't believe my baby is grown up."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 18th February 2014, 5:43 pm

Serena hugs her mother tightly. “Really? That would be amazing, but could Jasmine still make the painting for me? I would really like it.” she said.

“Well I don’t have a problem with it, but I don’t want it to get in the way of Jasmine’s studies. Let her do it on her terms and conditions and when she can. Understand? And don’t get upset if it takes longer than expected.” Kalista said. She hugged the girls in a group hug. “It’s hard to believe that all of you are grown up. I remember each of you being born like it was yesterday.” She said.

“Oh mom, everything will be alright.” Serena said.

Audra nudged Serena gently. “That would be the hormones talking. Remember she’s pregnant.” She said.

Serena nodded her head. “We could do one big shopping trip tomorrow Jasmine. What do you think? We could look for you a dress for the ball and we could look for my new furniture.” She asked.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 18th February 2014, 5:58 pm

"Don't worry Aunt Kali, I won't let it get in the way. We have a little bit of time before her birthday. That is a good idea Serena. After our classes we can go." Jasmine stares at the wall already in artist mode.

"Before that it is dinner time." Kalista tells the girls. "So get yourself cleaned up." She holds the door open and waits for them to leave. She turns to the empty room. "Maybe it will help scare away the old ghosts."

Jasmine looks at Serena. "Something's going on. I don't know what, but Aunt Kali is acting weird."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 18th February 2014, 6:05 pm

Audra goes to get cleaned up and to put something on that will be nice for dinner. Serena looks at Jasmine and shrugs her shoulders. “I don’t know, but every time we come to this room it’s the same. Mom never really wants to be in there. It’s like she is afraid of it.” She said. “I wonder if it’s the pregnancy hormones. For that matter I don’t know if I want to have kids.” She said wrinkling her nose.

They walk back to Serena’s room and she looks at Jasmine. “Oh that reminds me, I was with mother in town before we found out she was pregnant and I was looking through Jonathon’s wares and found something you might like.” She said pulling out a dress for Jasmine from her closet.

“What do you think?” she asked.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 18th February 2014, 6:57 pm

Jasmine looks at the navy blue dress hanging in the closet. It is a sleeveless floor length dress. It has white flower embroidered on it. It is a color that will not clash with her hair. “Serena, this is beautiful. You know exactly what colors look good on me. Is this a Sentali original?” She places the dress over her. “I don't think it is pregnancy hormones unless she was pregnant all the times. Do you think Uncle Justin will tell us anything?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 18th February 2014, 7:04 pm

“It is a Sentali original. Mother made the design and I told her I thought you would look good in it. After she gave the design to Jonathon it didn’t take long for the dress to be made. He only made one.” Serena said smiling.

She tapped her fingers on the counter. “I wonder if he would. Oh you know what; he is giving me my defense lesson tomorrow. I wonder if he would give us a crash course 101 on history instead.” She looked at Jasmine smiling. “For that matter I wonder if we could sneak over to the Watson house later and see them.” She looked at Jasmine a little shyly.

“So are you and Vincent really going to the ball together?” she asked.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 18th February 2014, 7:25 pm

Jasmine shrugs. “I don't have any other date.” She looks at Serena replacing the dress in the closet. “Why is there a problem? It is not like a real date, just two dateless friends hanging out.” She puts her hand on her chin. She knows how Vincent feels about Serena. “You really should save a dance for him. I am sure he will like that.” She smirks at Serena. “We should get to dinner.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 18th February 2014, 7:36 pm

Serena nods her head and she brushes her hair back. They leave the room and head downstairs. “I was just asking is all.” She said as they walked. “I should give him a dance. It would be nice. I don’t get to see him nearly as much as I would like to.”

They run into Audra as they walk. “So Audra, I heard prince Malachi would be attending the ball.” She said. She winked to Jasmine as their parents joined them. Audra blushed a little and pushed Serena playfully.

Iverson smiled at the girls. “So I hope you all had a great day today.” he said.

“Yes daddy, it was good to be able to catch up with Jasmine. I have really missed them.” Serena said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top