Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race for the Throne

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 3 Empty Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 15th February 2014, 8:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jasmine put the last of her clothes away. She was lucky that she had her own room. Her brothers all shared the rest. She knows that her parents will want to head to the castle tomorrow to tell the Sentali's they are home. Her mom and Aunt Kali are still close as ever. Uncle Iverson is a decent guy. She holds up the coral she got for Serena. It is a pretty pink one.

Serena, or Her Royal Highness Princess Serena Grace Sentali, is one of her best friends. Although since they have been going to Moldova more, their friendship has been strained a little. Still she cannot wait to see her.

She leaves her room and is jumped on by Daniel. He is the youngest of the Lane kids. Jasmine loves her brothers, but every once in a while she wishes she had a sister. Serena is so lucky. “Come on Danny let's go outside and check on the greenhouse.”

She puts Daniel on her back and goes downstairs. Nathaniel is in the kitchen with their mom, Madeline. They are making a quick dinner. “I see that Daniel got you. Are you guys hungry? Mom and I are making something yummy.”

“Ohh what are you making?” Daniel asks.

“Something you will like.” Madeline tells him.

“I am going to take Daniel outside and get some of this energy out of him.” Jasmine tells them. She leaves with Daniel still on her back.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 3 Empty Re: Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 18th February 2014, 9:37 pm

“Welcome girls did you have fun today?” Madeline looks up as they come in. She has a few extra curves and a few gray hairs, but still looks great. “What have you been up to today?”

“Like Serena said we caught up a little bit. She told me about the ball they are having, so we have to go out shopping. She loves the coral as well.” Jasmine tells the others. “I finally know what to give her to her birthday. I am going to paint a mural in her new room.”

“New room? Oh you are finally moving from Mom and Dad?” Madeline teases Serena. “That is a thoughtful gift Jassie, I am sure Serena will love it.”

“Where are you moving?” Nathaniel asks. “Still within the royal wing I assume.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 3:01 pm

“Mom said it was the room that aunt Maddie had when she first moved into the castle.” Serena said. “So it can’t be that bad of a room.” She said.

Berenson took Madeline’s hand and then looked at Serena. “You’re taking what room?” he asked again. He looked over at Iverson as he came down the hall.

“Serena, did I hear you say that you would be taking the room three doors down?” Iverson said. He looked at Kalista. He had almost lost her to that room. “It could use some better memories.” He said under his breath.

Serena had caught what he had said as they walked into the dining room. “I think it would look nice. It has a balcony on it and it’s a nice room.” She said. “My current room doesn’t have a balcony.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 3:19 pm

Jasmine looks at both sets of parents. She saw her father's expression and heard Uncle Iverson. "Well I think it is a lovely room and I can stay in the adjoining one if I ever want to spend the night. Which I might when I start to paint. You know how I get. So if I am not home, I am at the castle."

Madeline looks at Berenson wringing her hands. "Are you sure you want that room? I know that Junaluska's room is unused as well. The closet in that room is huge as well. Not only that it is further down the hall from your parents."

Jasmine gives Serena a knowing expression. Something is up and she will get the to bottom of it, but not now. Not in front of everyone. Her mother only wrings her hands like that when she is upset.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 3:30 pm

Serena catches the expression from Jasmine and decides it’s time for a change of discussion. They walk into the dining room and everyone takes their seats. “I will give it some thought aunt Madde.” She said. She then looked over at her parents. “So after our lessons tomorrow, I am going to go pick up my dress for the ball. I am really excited about it.”

Iverson looked around the table. “Well I am glad you are excited about it. There are some people coming I want you to meet though at the ball.” He said.

Serena shrugged her shoulders as the kitchen staff bought out dinner to them. “That’s ok. I don’t mind meeting new people.” She said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 3:47 pm

"Oh how exciting Serena. I hope to find a dress too. Although Serena did give me a nice dress. One of your designs Aunt Kali. It is the navy blue one with white embroidery. I would wear it, but it is a little dark for a spring celebration." Jasmine tells her.

"I was wondering why that dress was in her closet." Kalista answers. "I am sure you two will find something tomorrow."

The servants start to serve dinner. "So Nathaniel did you help with this at all?" Daniel asks sitting in his chair like a gentleman. He is kicking his feet under the table.

"Yes I did, so you will like it." Nathaniel threatens him with his knife. "Remember you are at the castle, so if you aren't good you can be sent to the brig."

"No I can't, I am a kid. They don't put kids in the brig." Daniel sticks out his tongue at Nathaniel.

"Oh yes they do. They have smaller cells just for kids." Jasmine adds.

Daniel's eyes grow wide as saucers. "Uncle Iverson and Kali you wouldn't send me to the brig would you?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 3:54 pm

Serena had to cough into her napkin to keep from laughing so hard. Iverson winked at Kalista and looked at Daniel. “I one time put a kid in the brig for not eating all their dinner. He unfortunately grew too big for his cell and he can’t get out now. He is stuck in there for life.” He said looking entirely too sincere.

Kalista was laughing and hit Iverson. “Don’t you scare that poor boy to death Iverson.” She looked at Daniel. “I will have to take you down to the brig one day and show you. But I can tell you that your mother and father have been in there before.”

Berenson blushed a little. “Believe me son, you don’t want to be in the brig. So Madeline, did you go see Cadence yet?” he asked.

Serena couldn’t control it and started to laugh. “You guys are so silly. Poor Daniel, they won’t put you in the brig for that, but if you are a bad boy they will.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 4:16 pm

Jasmine looks at Serena again raising her eyebrows. Her parents were in the brig. Ohh this is going to be an interesting story. Daniel's expression turns to fright when Iverson tells him about the brig.

Madeline rubs Daniel's head. "Don't worry I won't let them throw you in the brig. And just to let you know Iverson spent more of his fair share in the brig as well. That was back in his wild days of course. Those stories are not fit for children's ears. And Cadence said that I was just fine. Just to rest and take it easy." She didn't want to announce another shared pregnancy in front of everyone.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 4:28 pm

Iverson was still laughing. “I was a bad boy when I was about Nathaniel’s age all the way up till we had you Serena. I have been a good boy ever sense.” He said.

Audra looked at her parents. “Well this is new to us. We didn’t know that you or Uncle Berenson or aunt Madde had been in the brig.” She said.

“That’s because you never asked.” Berenson said winking at them. “If I am not mistaken I was a bad boy and didn’t report to work one time like I had been told one time and actually a second time for being in a fight with your uncle Justin.”

“You had a fight with Uncle Justin?” Serena said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 5:27 pm

"Oh Goddess that was a huge misunderstanding, and I am still embarrassed about it." Madeline shakes her head. "It was after Kali and Iverson were married, they were away on their honeymoon. Berenson's former girlfriend came to town and wanted to get back together with him. Obviously he chose me, but when he went to break it off with his ex, she kissed him. Well the Watson's and I saw the kiss and Justin went to defend me. They fought and both ended up in the brig." Madeline squeezes Berenson's hand. "And the next day he made me the happiest woman in Rosario." She leans over kissing him.

All the Lane kids made gagging noises. "Keep that up and I am going to have another sibling." Jasmine jokes.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 5:39 pm

“Don’t you have one to many siblings already?” Serena quips. She looked at Madeline. “I think it sounds like a fairy tale ending.” She said.

Berenson chuckled as he squeezed Madeline’s hand. “It may sound like a fairy tale, but the very next day after that I found out we were expecting.” He said. “That’s when I learned that we were having a baby. Though I don’t think we knew we were expecting twins at that point did we?” he asked looking at Madeline.

Audra looked at her parents. “So grandma said that Aunt Madde and Uncle Berenson chose each other and that you and mom were an arranged marriage.” She said. “Why was that?”

“Well that will actually be in your history lessons about Rosario. A long time ago a war started between Rosario and Moldova. No one really remembers why they were fighting. It is now called the Lost Cause War. Berenson’s great uncle proposed that sense they had a princess that to end the war the countries unite for their people and to have their princess marry the crown prince of Rosario.” Iverson explained. “I actually fell in love with your mother before I knew who she was. I met her the night before her birthday in the Maze in Moldova.”

Serena nodded her head. “That is interesting. There is a lot about the past I don’t know.” She said.

“Some of it will probably stay in the past. Some of it is too painful to remember.” Iverson said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 5:53 pm

Jasmine taps her foot but keeps her mouth shut. She wants to ask so bad, but knows it is none of her business. "So how did you and Uncle Iverson meet."

Kalista looks at Madeline. "Well it was the day before my birthday and I was going crazy. I was kept practically under lock and key because Father wanted to surprise me with the engagement. I convinced Madeline to cover me as I snuck out of my room.

I went to the maze. There is heard this man grumbling. The girl he was with dumped him in the maze and left. He was good looking and acted like a gentleman. However he did not know me which was wonderful. So I walked him through the maze and we talked along the way. So Iverson will you run away with me?"

"That is so sweet." Audra says as Kalista leans to kiss him.

This time all the Lanes voiced their dissent. With Madeline accenting it by adding. "Get a room."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 6:05 pm

“I asked you first and if I recall I told you I would run and keep running. I think that still stands.” Iverson said winking at her. He kissed her and heard Madeline talking about getting a room. “Hey do I need to put out there the count on the castle grounds?” he said chuckling.

Serena looked at Jasmine. The more they talked the more she wanted to know. She looked over at Jasmine who also had that look on her face. “I’m not sure I even want to talk about what the castle count is.”

“Good because you don’t need to know.” Iverson said chuckling.

Serena shook her head as they ate. “Well I have had my history lesson for the night.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 6:15 pm

"Well I think you guys won that." Madeline says.

"Only because you moved out." Kalista retorted.

"Well we felt bad about showing you up in the castle." Madeline replies.

"So is that why you expanded the territory?" Kalista sticks out her tongue.

"You know what I don't even want to know." Jasmine puts up her arms. "I think Serena is right about the history lesson."

Soon dinner is done. Jasmine is secretly happy that Mom and Aunt Kali get along so well. She is walking down the hall to the carriage house with Serena. The parents follow the kids. "I guess I will see you tomorrow morning for lessons. I don't even get a break."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 6:33 pm

Serena nodded her head and sighed. “Maybe we can get the rest of our history lesson tomorrow.” She said. “What we need is a vacation day.”

She stood watching the Lane’s load up into the carriage. “I will see you in the morning for lessons Jasmine. I guess I will see you too Nathaniel.” She said waiving to them.

Audra looked at Thomas. “I hope you guys have a good night. We have a long day tomorrow. Good night everyone!” Audra yawned and a moment later Kalista was yawning as well.

Iverson put his arm around her and smiled. He was thrilled that they were expecting again and secretly hoped they were having a son. He had always wanted a little boy. Though before her pregnancy was over he would have to get the rest of the laws changed. Just the main law was left. “I hope you guys have a good evening.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 8:05 pm

After returning home everyone retreated to their rooms. Jasmine stayed up a little longer to begin on sketches for the room. She knows that she will not get any information about the history from her parents. Maybe she and Serena can get further information from Glenn or the Watson.

She wakes up the next morning and after a boisterous Lane breakfast both Jasmine and Nathaniel head up to the castle. They are joined by Vincent who has early defense classes.

Jasmine goes to the royal wing where she is allowed in by guard. She gets to Serena's door and knocks.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 8:15 pm

After dinner with the Lanes, Serena and Audra had went upstairs talking while their parents had went on to bed. Their mother was more tired now that she was pregnant and they did not want to get in the way. They head off to bed their selves.

Morning comes and after a quick breakfast with the family Serena and Audra both get ready for their lessons. Serena hears the knocking on her door and opens the door. “Good morning Jasmine. How are you this morning?” she asked.

She closed the door behind her and looks around. “So are you ready for our history class with Glenn this morning?” she asked. “After the history class we have defense lessons with Uncle Justin. Did Vincent and Nathaniel go to see him first?” she asked.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 8:26 pm

Jasmine nods and yawns. "I wonder if we can get Sir Glenn to tell us anything about our parents? Oh and what do you think as a rough draft?" She hands Serena the line art of what the mural will look like. It is only half finished. "It may take me a bit, but I hope to have it done by your birthday." The girls walk down the hall to the study. It has been converted to a classroom.

"Good morning highnesses. It is nice to see you Jasmine." Glenn starts. "In light of your coming of age ball we will be covering the current royal families, so you know who you are talking too."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 8:50 pm

Serena takes the rough draft and looks over it. “This is going to be beautiful when you finish it Jasmine. I can’t wait to see what it will look like with colors on it.” she said. They take their seats and Serena looked up at Glenn.

"Good morning ladies. I hope you are ready for today's lesson. It is on current royalty of the nations." Glenn said.

“This is good, but we thought we might ask you some questions.” She said.

Glenn nodded his head. “That is fine, but it can wait until after we go over this list. If you go to your coming of age ball and you don’t know who the current royal families are then you will be behind.” Glenn said.

Serena sighed and nodded her head. She looked at Jasmine and she nodded to her agreeing but also a little disappointed as well. “You win.” She said.

“Now for the current list of royalty. You know the current king and queen for Rosario and Moldova.” Glenn said.

“I should hope so; my parents would kill me if I didn’t know.” Serena said as she stifled her giggles.

Glenn shook his head. “More than likely you are correct.” He said. “Now the King of Sangria is your great uncle Albertson or King Albertson. I know you both attended his wife’s funeral two years ago. That was quite a sad event, but she had been sick for quite some time.

The King and Queen of Langora are George and Lenora. They are indeed brother and sister and if you have more questions about that I can answer that as well. The king and queen of Altier are Scott and Micia. Micia’s adopted son will be there. He is the heir to the throne. You both know him as Malachi.” He explained.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 9:09 pm

Jasmine is taking notes. Not that she has to, she has met most of these people already. The royal family from Langora visited Moldova over the summer. Their son is gorgeous, but the fact that he is inbred scares her a little. Micia and Scott have a couple of children as well a son named Grayson, named after a diplomat and a daughter named Geneva. Grayson is a year younger than her.

Jasmine raises her hand. "Sir Glenn since this is a history lesson, and we are talking about current history, I was wondering if you can tell us about some recent history. I understand that Mom and Dad stayed in the castle during the conflict with Uncle Ashton. Exactly what happened in Mom's room?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 19th February 2014, 9:26 pm

Glenn looks at Serena and Jasmine. They both seem eager to know about that room. “Is there something in particular that you are looking for in recent history?” he asked.

“Your question doesn’t really help us, but maybe if we make it a little clear for you. I want to give my room up so that mom and dad could have it for the baby’s nursery. Jasmine and I were looking at rooms and the one I picked out was aunt Maddie’s room. They tried to talk me out of choosing that room, all of our parents did actually.” Serena said.

Glenn nodded his head knowingly. “I won’t tell you everything as it is all none of your concern, however we will have a short lesson on that room.” He said. “Lady Madeline was on bed rest at one point during her pregnancy with you and your brother, Lady Jasmine. While on bed rest, sadly she was raped by a man whom was staying in the castle.

A few months later and her majesty Kalista was in that room asleep when the room caught fire. She had been on bed rest as well during her pregnancy with you Lady Serena.” He explained. “She was saved by you father. They prefer not to talk about that room at all as it brings bad memories.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th February 2014, 9:54 pm

Jasmine looks at Serena and they both gasp in unison. Jasmine looks at Glenn. "How did the man get to the room as far as I know guards were posted at the beginning of the royal wing since King Artemis' funeral.

"The intruder used the secret passages." Glenn told them succinctly. "That is all I am going to say about that. Now back to the royal families. Since the civil war in Ellicott, the country split into North and South Ellicott. This will be the first appearance of the South Ellicott Royal family. They are King Sebastian and Queen Laurena and their two boys, twins Prescott and Peter. They are a year older than you."

Jasmine continues to take notes, but her mind is elsewhere. Now she knows she needs to talk to Justin about her parents. She looks over at Serena and knows she is thinking the same thing.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 8:35 am

Serena is taking notes and looks up at Jasmine. She wants to ask more questions, but she knows that Glenn will not answer them. She looks out the window dreaming of more and wondered how their aunt had been raped. Such a sad thing to happen to a woman of such caliber.

Glenn hit his desk with a ruler bringing Serena back to reality. “Lady Serena, can you tell me what I just said?” he asked.

“uhh…that the family from South Ellicott will be here.” She said.

“Wrong, I said that five minutes ago.” Glenn said. “I was saying that the royal family from North Ellicott was Queen Anne and King Herald. Their daughter Princess Leeann and their son Prince Jarrod will also be here. The princess is five years older than you and their son is about three months older then you Serena.

They do get along with South Ellicott and both nations are striving to help their nations return to order. This will be their first time meeting each other outside of their countries and King Iverson hopes to help them keep peace.”

Serena looked up wondering. “I wonder if that was who daddy wanted me to meet.” She said.

“I wouldn’t be surprised. They have only been a nation for about a year now. They were at one time the third largest nation in the area, behind Moldova and Rosario. Now they are two individual countries.” Glenn explained. “Their civil war continued on for about three years before the rebels won. The leader of the rebels was King Sebastian himself. They are very humbled to be able to come to this year’s ball. I hope when you both meet them you will treat them well.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 2:42 pm

Soon Glenn is done he only hopes the girls actually paid attention. Jasmine links arms with Serena as they walk to their defense classes. "So what do you think, do we need to question Justin? I cannot believe Mom was assaulted like that. I only wish I knew who did it so I can put a few well placed arrows in him. You know come to think of it they don't talk at all about the conflict with Uncle Ashton. I think it is time we get some answers."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 2:51 pm

Serena was enjoying the walk. Justin always had his lessons out in the barn when it was a warmer day. “I couldn’t believe that. It is horrible to think that aunt Madde was assaulted like that. Though we never did hear about what really happened about Uncle Ashton. Anytime I ask mother about it she says she doesn’t want to talk about it. And I never knew that there had been a fire in the castle before. Mom never talks about it. I didn’t know she almost died.”

Justin turned around and looked at the girls as they walked in. He could hear what Serena was talking about as they walked inside. He looked at them. “I take it you girls are just finding out something’s of the past. Your parents consider them ghosts and I can’t blame them. Both of your parents are lucky to be here today.” he said. He sighed knowing that he had just walked into a major history lesson for the girls. Why did he always kick himself in the butt like that?
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 3:08 pm

Jasmine looks at Justin and bats her eyes. "Justin, please we heard stories about both of our mothers. We just want the truth. I don't want to traumatize Mom or Dad regarding this. Please help us."

Justin sighs and closes the door to the barn. He looks around to confirm that the room was empty. He then motions the girls to sit down. "What I am about to tell you cannot go any farther than us and Nathaniel. Don't give me that look Jasmine, I know you will tell him. The freaky twin connection will go off."

He sits down. "First I will tell you about Madeline and Berenson. Now for that story we have to go back a little." He tells the story about Berenson and Susan. "Now Madeline was a breath of fresh air for him. She took him out of his funk and showed him to love again. Jasmine, how much of your mother's childhood do you know?"

“Well she talks about grandma and grandpa all the time. She has even told me about some of her former boyfriends. Some of them are really nice.” Jasmine answers him.

“Has she told you about Grayson?” Justin asks

“What does Micia's son have to do with this?” Jasmine replies.

Justin stand up and begins to walk around. “Now most of this I got from Maddie and Berenson.” He tells them about Grayson and Damaskus. He tells her about how Damaskus tried to get her at the ball, the assault, and his death.

Jasmine has tears in her eyes. “I always knew Mom was tough, but I never knew how strong she really is. Poor mom and poor dad.”

Justin turns to Serena. “Now it's your turn.”

~~~~~~~

Nathaniel was studying history with Glenn. He suddenly feels sad for some reason. He looks up at Glenn. "Something is wrong with Jasmine. She is crying, I just know she is."

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top