Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race for the Throne

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 4 Empty Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 15th February 2014, 8:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jasmine put the last of her clothes away. She was lucky that she had her own room. Her brothers all shared the rest. She knows that her parents will want to head to the castle tomorrow to tell the Sentali's they are home. Her mom and Aunt Kali are still close as ever. Uncle Iverson is a decent guy. She holds up the coral she got for Serena. It is a pretty pink one.

Serena, or Her Royal Highness Princess Serena Grace Sentali, is one of her best friends. Although since they have been going to Moldova more, their friendship has been strained a little. Still she cannot wait to see her.

She leaves her room and is jumped on by Daniel. He is the youngest of the Lane kids. Jasmine loves her brothers, but every once in a while she wishes she had a sister. Serena is so lucky. “Come on Danny let's go outside and check on the greenhouse.”

She puts Daniel on her back and goes downstairs. Nathaniel is in the kitchen with their mom, Madeline. They are making a quick dinner. “I see that Daniel got you. Are you guys hungry? Mom and I are making something yummy.”

“Ohh what are you making?” Daniel asks.

“Something you will like.” Madeline tells him.

“I am going to take Daniel outside and get some of this energy out of him.” Jasmine tells them. She leaves with Daniel still on her back.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 4 Empty Re: Race for the Throne

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 3:30 pm

Serena is holding Jasmine as she cries. “That is so horrible. I cannot believe they had to go through that.” She said.

Justin shook his head. “Your mother and father went through just as much in their own way.” He explained. “Has your father ever told you the kind of person he was before he met your mother?”

“Not really, he always said he was a bad person but never anything more about it. He just says that my mother made him a better person.” Serena said.

“Your father was indeed a bad one. They always compared him to his father which is why I know you have heard the phrase like father like son.” He goes on to tell them about Lucia and the kind of man that Iverson was before they went to Moldova to meet Serena’s mother. He then goes on to explain about how Artemis dies.

“What no one really knew was that Lucia had been sleeping with King Artemis. Everyone knew he had been cheating on Queen Junaluska but no one had really seen it. That was until Madeline walked in on them thinking it was Iverson. He attacked her and that is how she damaged her voice box. If you noticed she doesn’t sing.” Justin explained. He quieted down for a moment when he thought he heard something, but it was only one of the horses moving in its stall. “Berenson killed King Artemis to save her life. That was before when they were only just beginning to date.”

Serena looked a little stunned. She never knew her grandfather had been killed by uncle Berenson. She looked at Jasmine. “This is so sad.”

“It gets worse.” Justin said. He then goes on to explain more about the priestess. “Celesta was a priestess at the Temple of the goddess. She was the head priestess. You will notice they never mention her there anymore. Not even the priest Xavier mentions her much. She came here to help with Kalista’s first pregnancy, Serena that was you. Now Celesta had been Iverson’s first lover. She never lost sight of that love for him even though he told her he did not love her.” He goes on to explain about the affair that Iverson and Celesta had that went on for at least three months before it was caught. “Your parent’s were in the process of working it out, but she chose not to sleep in the same room as he. She stayed in the same room that Madeline had been assaulted in. They had an argument one night and she threw a pillow. It landed to close to the fire and it caught fire. I never did think we would get that fire out that night.” He explained.

Serena had tears in her eyes at that point. “I can’t believe my father would do such a thing to my mother. How careless of him to throw her love around like that.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 3:44 pm

Jasmine holds Serena able to control her tears. “I also heard from grandma that Kalista was attacked on the way here. Is that correct?”

“I almost forgot about that. After their engagement, they invited Kalista, Lawrence, and Madeline to Rosario. Well the carriage that was holding Grimick - Berenson's uncle, Kalista, Madde, and Iverson was attacked. The others were just gassed. Madde was rendered unconscious and placed in the carriage. Iverson fought valiantly, but was knocked out in battle. Grimick died while trying to protect Kalista. Iverson and Kali were taken prisoners by a man who loved her. He beat Iverson and was about to assault Kalista when she awakened. She hit him hard and got the keys to release Iverson, but she ended up ran through with a sword. She has a scar in her side. Iverson ended up killing him and taking her to the temple saving her life.”

Jasmine sees Serena crying harder and holds her. “Tell us about Uncle Ashton.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 4:00 pm

Justin sighs. “Ashton would have been a good man if he could have seen around his anger. He was against Iverson marrying Kalista in the beginning. At first Iverson toyed with him, but as he had to grow up so to speak, he quickly changed that behavior and tried to make amends with him. Ashton would not even attend their wedding.

After their wedding, Lady Junaluska stayed here but it was good thing because within a few short weeks, Ashton had taken hold of Moldova.” He then goes on to explain how the royal family had been kept in the dungeon and how Ashton continued to lure Iverson out to where he was by taking over the goddess temple.

“A large battle was fought there. I had never been so scared in my life. I watched as Ashton made an example of the captain of the guard in front of his men. He slit Raphael’s throat and left him there to die. Iverson also watched.” He explained. He then went on to explain about the battle between Iverson and Ashton and how Ashton cheated. “Iverson almost died. By then Kalista knew she was pregnant but had not told Iverson. There is a massive graveyard on the temple grounds and both nations went to help rebuild the temple.”

Serena could not control herself from crying. She was heartbroken about what she was hearing.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 4:22 pm

Justin pauses. “Are you sure you want to hear the rest?”

“You mean there is more?” Jasmine brushes Serena's head with her hands. “Might as well tell us everything.”

Justin runs his hands through his hair. “Ashton was in love in Kalista. That is why he started the war. When he was returned here, he kissed her romantically. He escaped at the same time Damaskus did, but he went directly to the royal suite. He wanted to kill Iverson and take Kalista. There was a fight. Kalista intervened and Ashton pushed her into the bed post causing a major concussion. He almost succeeded in killing Iverson, but Priest Xavier pulled open the door. He tried to resolve the conflict peacefully, but Ashton impaled himself on the sword.” Justin sighs. “There you go the whole sorrid truth. Now you can see why they don't want to talk about it. I am going to let you girls be and we can practice tomorrow. Go do something enjoyable. I know there is some shopping you guys have to do.” Justin stands again and leaves the barn.

Jasmine hugs Serena as they both cry. “It is amazing what our parents went through. I never could imagine they had it so hard.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 4:30 pm

“I’m almost sorry I even asked.” Serena said as they cried. She wiped her eyes and tries to control herself. “I understand why they don’t want to talk about it. Both of my parents’ almost died and here I thought everything had just been handed to them. They must think I am a spoiled brat considering how easy I have had it.”

She laid back into the hay and sighed. “There is so much that we don’t know about life. They have learned so much though pain.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 4:37 pm

“It is no wonder that they 'spoiled' us as you put it. They didn't want us to know or feel their pain. I don't know about you, but I think they are heroes. I only wish I could tell them that I know, but I don't want Justin to get in trouble.” Jasmine wipes her eyes. “Serena before we go shopping do you mind if I visit Dad? I just want to give him a hug and tell him that I love him.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 4:52 pm

“I agree with you. Come on; let’s go see your dad.” Serena said. She fixes herself up before they head inside to the castle. “I can’t believe the struggle they went through though. I agree with you that they are heroes.”

They walk inside after Jasmine takes a moment to fix herself up and walk up to where Berenson’s office is at. He had changed offices sense taking the position he was in but he still kept his panted portrait of Madeline when she was pregnant with the twins. She had been sleeping in the rocking chair in one of the nurseries. It used to be over their fireplace of their house in Moldova, but he had replaced it every time she had become pregnant. After Daniel had been born he had painted a family portrait to put there.

He looks up at the girls and takes his glasses off. “Well hello there, are you girls done with your classes for the day?” he asked.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 5:01 pm

Jasmine walks into the office and hugs Berenson tightly. She kisses his cheek. “I love you Dad.” She whispers into his ear.

Berenson returns the hug. He looks at Jasmine a joke dying on his mouth as he sees her sincere expression. She is not doing this because she wants something. “I love you too Jasmine.” He looks over at Serena. She shares the same expression as Jasmine. “Are either of you going to tell me what is going on?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 6:51 pm

“We just wanted you to know how much we love you.” Serena said. She walks over and hugs him as well.

“Whenever you both are ready to talk about it, I will be here.” Berenson explained. He gave them both a kiss on the forehead. “You ladies go have some fun.” He said smiling.

Serena practically had to pull Jasmine out of the room. “Come on Jasmine. I want to go see mom before we leave so I can tell her I love her too.” She said.

Berenson watched the girls leave the room and shook his head. He smiled and went back to work.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 7:00 pm

Jasmine nods. “Of course.” Their next stop was in Kalista's office. She has decorated it with the pictures of her family along with some of the artwork from the people. “Hey girls done studying already? Don't tell me you want to shop with dear old mom.”

Jasmine stands back letting Serena approach her.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 7:08 pm

“I just wanted to come tell you I loved you mom.” Serena said as she hugged her mother tightly. Kalista looks a little puzzled at her daughter and at Jasmine.

“Are you ok sweetie?” Kalista asked Serena.

“Yea everything is fine mom.” Serena said. “We are going to go shopping now. If you want to come you can.” Even though she wanted to be with Jasmine to talk, she wouldn't tell her mother no if she wanted to go with them. Especially after hearing about her past.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 7:14 pm

Kalista looks over at Jasmine who comes over and hugs the two of them. Kalista begins to tear up. “Oh girls you are going to make a pregnant cry. Now shoo both of you and enjoy your time together. I have some work to do before you father decides that I need to stop working.”

Jasmine waits for Serena before they leave the room. “Are you ready to go or did you want to see Uncle Iverson?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 7:34 pm

Serena wipes her eyes and nods her head. “I couldn’t leave and not say goodbye to him.” She said. She gains her composure as they walk down the hall. She knocks on Iverson’s door and a moment later it opens.

“Well this is a nice surprise. I figured you ladies would be out shopping by now. Coming to have some lessons with me instead?” Iverson asked jokingly. His joke is quickly lost as he sees the look on Serena’s face. “What’s wrong sweet cheeks?”

“Nothing dad, I just wanted to come tell you I loved you before going shopping.” Serena said. She hugged him tightly.

“Well you ladies look like something is on your mind. If you want to talk about it I am here for you.” Iverson said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 7:46 pm

Once again Jasmine joins the hug. “Silly Uncle Iverson, we just wanted to know how much we love you.” She kisses his cheek and waits for Serena before leaving. “I want to stop at the nursery when we go to town. I hope you are good for walking. I can use a little exercise.”

They walk to town and go to the nursery. They find Madeline by the kumplah tree tasting one. She has dirt on her from working in the garden. Jasmine's lip quivers as she goes to her and hugs her tightly. “Well hello to you too, to what do I owe the pleasure of a visit?”

“I just wanted to know how much I love you.” Jasmine tells Madeline, her eyes threatening to water.

“Is everything alright?” Madeline asks concerned. “I love you too sweetie.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 7:55 pm

Serena joins the hug as well. She shakes her head at Madeline. “Nothing is wrong, we thought we would come by and check on you. Jasmine was telling me how tired you have been lately so we thought we would come check on you.” She said.

Madeline smiles at the girls. “Well I am glad you ladies came to check on me. It makes me feel loved. I love you both as well.” She said. “Now dry those eyes up. I will be just fine.”

Serena smiled at them and waited for Jasmine to finish with Madeline. When she was done they left the nursery. “So what would you like to do first? I know we have a lot to do.” She said as they walked through town. She loved being in the town and soon her eyes were dry. “I am proud to have the parent’s we have Jasmine. We are so lucky to have them.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 8:11 pm

“That we are. Well I for one want to see your dress and see if I can find something.” Jasmine hugs Serena. They walk into town and the people greet the girls. A little girl is walking a dog with her mom. The dog gets loose and trots over to Jasmine and Serena.

“Poco no.” The little girls yells at the dog. “Sorry Princess Sewena.”

The girls pet the dog and bid adieu. Their next stop is Jonathan's shop. The bell rings announcing their arrival. The worker looks up. “Oh Majesty, I will get Jonathan.” She disappears into the back room.

Jonathan comes out. “There are the treasures of both Moldova and Rosario. Princess Jasmine you are a sight for these old eyes. Seeing you is a reminder that Spring is on its way. Don't worry I have not forgotten the dark haired beauty that is Serena.”

“Oh Jonathan, quit flirting with me. I am way too young for you.” Jasmine winks at him. “I am dying to see Serena's dress and to pick one out of my own.”

“Oh yes, please come and I can help you both.” Jonathan leads them to the dressing area.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th February 2014, 8:23 pm

Serena smiled at Jonathon. “You are the best Jonathon.” She said. He pointed to a dress that was on a manikin. It was black with some blue on the top. From the top going down were gold beads making the black and blue blend in together.

“It is so beautiful Jonathon. How do you make them look so flawless?” Serena said.

Jonathon smiled and winked at the girls as he pulled a few out for Jasmine to look at. “That is a secret that you will never know. It really helps that your mother is such a great designer. Speaking of designer, Jasmine each of these dresses here are original Sentali dresses. These other two are dresses of my own. Serena if you want to try it on just to make sure I don’t need to adjust anything please.” He said as he assisted Jasmine.

Serena took the dress off the manikin and went to try on the dress. She put it on but couldn’t zip it all the way. She walks out of the dressing room. “Could I get a little help zipping the top please?” she asked.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th February 2014, 8:57 pm

Jasmine skims the dresses. “I am looking for something my aunt did not design.” She was about to say more when Serena comes out. The dress is a black ballroom style with a sweetheart neckline. The bodice of the dress has confetti style sparkles with in silver and purple. “Wow Serena that is beautiful. You are going to blow everyone away.”

Serena smooths out the dress as Jasmine motions her to turn around. “That dress is simply amazing.” She goes over to the dresses that Jonathan pointed out as he does some final adjustments.

Jonathan didn't say which was his designs. She knows she didn't want a poofy ball gown. There is a shorter one that is white with black embroidery on it. She really likes that one then she sees a mermaid gown with a sweetheart neckline. Two delicate straps are at the top. The dress is a dark tan color with chocolate embroidery. The skirt of the dress is also the chocolate brown color that is diagonal mesh like material. She picks it up. “I love this one.”

Jonathan looks from behind Serena. “I designed that with you in mind. I know that red heads are hard to find colors for. Go ahead and try it on for me.”

Jasmine takes the dress and goes into the dressing room.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 21st February 2014, 5:55 pm

Serena smiles as she watches Jasmine looking at dresses. “Well I have a few dresses that mother didn’t make that are great, but I really like this one. Thank you Jasmine.” She stood still as Jonathon made a little change in the back with a pin and then used a needle and thread to fix it.

“There, you are ready for the ball. With the right kind of shoes you will look fabulous.” Jonathon said. Jasmine came out a moment later and he walked over to zip up her back. “You look fantastic Jasmine! Look at this dress on you! It looks marvelous with your red hair!” he exclaimed.

Jasmine turned around and was in awe of Jasmine’s dress. “Wow Jasmine, even your eyes look good with that dress!”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 21st February 2014, 9:44 pm

"Thank you Serena." She looks at herself in the mirror. "How did I get such boring eyes? Look at your eyes they are blue like the ocean. Nathaniel's is green like grass. Mine are boring gray."

"I think they add to your mystique. Your eye color is rare and very unique. You and Berenson are probably the only people I have seen with gray eyes." Jonathan walks around her. "So is this the dress you want?"

"Yes it is. Jonathon it is beautiful." Jasmine smiles and twirls around.

"That is what I like about you. You know what you like and don't need to try on a million dresses." Jonathon moves his head toward Serena and winks to indicate he is kidding. "Let me just measure you because you girls are growing like weeds. It is hard to believe that you fit in my arm and now look at both of you. You are so beautiful both inside and out."

"Why Serena I think we made Jonathon cry." Jasmine hugs him. "Thank you so much for being there."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd February 2014, 3:34 pm

Serena walks over and hugs them both. “You are the best Jonathon. Come on Jasmine, let’s go change. I have to look for a new bedroom suit. They walked into the changing room and as Serena was changing she talked out to Jasmine. “You know I think you have amazing eyes. Mom always called them the stormy eyes and said that she could always tell how you were feeling when she looked into your eyes.”

She changed and walked out holding the dress. “I can’t wait till the ball. I am probably going alone.” She said as they walked out of the changing rooms.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd February 2014, 4:18 pm

"Hey I will be your wing woman. We will be the best looking, most desired women there." Jasmine tells her. "Your eyes are the prettiest. A person can look into your eyes and smile because it reminds them of the ocean."

"I want to see both of you before the ball for one more fitting and Jasmine I recommend some brown strappy sandals with your dress since your feet will be showing. You have legs to show off." Jonathan put the dresses away. "Now have fun ladies."

Jasmine links arms with Serena again. They walk over to the furniture store. "So what kind of furniture are you looking for?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd February 2014, 4:24 pm

“Yea maybe, but at my eye color is so common. At least yours are unique.” Serena said as they walking into the furniture store. “So I’m looking for something that will say I’m Serena and this is my bedroom.” She said chuckling.

Andrew walks over and wipes his brow. He had been working on some new furniture. “Well hello there, and what brings you to my store today?” he asked. “I hope the royal ladies are doing well today. It is a pleasure to see you.”

Serena looks around and then looks at Andrew. “I’m looking for some furniture for my bedroom. I am not sure what I want though.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd February 2014, 4:35 pm

"Furniture for a young lady, a princess at that. You are going to want something that is mature and will last a long time. Tell me princess do you like darker or lighter woods?" Andrew asks leading the two to the back room.

Jasmine follows Serena. "Either one will look good with the mural I am planning."

"A mural? What kind of mural are you planning? It may help with the furniture." Andrew asks.

"It will be based off the coral reef." Jasmine digs in her bag. "Here is the drawing. I don't have it colored yet, but you can get the picture."

"Wow that is beautiful. Well look around and see what jumps out at you, Majesty." Andrew smiles. He has never been as outgoing as his brother, but is a good man.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 22nd February 2014, 4:59 pm

Serena looks through some of the furniture. “I was thinking the rest of the room could be a shade of blue or even a light sandy color. That way it shows off the mural. What do you think Jasmine? You were always better with colors then I was.”

Some light woods pop up at her as she looks around but she is more attracted to the darker woods. “I really like these darker woods. The cherry and ash ones here kind of attract me.” she said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top