Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race for the Throne

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 10 Empty Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 31st July 2014, 8:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

"I cannot wait until we leave for the wedding." She hasn't told anyone about her doubts. She knows that Sangria would not be able to see her as a ruler because she is a woman. Langora want to see her with Anton. How is she going to be able to handle international affairs if there is this much resistance. "Do you think they will have the meal in the dining room?"

~~~~~~~~

"We will present Anton with both options and let him choose. If it wasn't for lack of protection, I may have suggested that Jasmine and Serena stay in the Lane house." Kalista sighs. She stand up and stretches. "Well I have some works to do. Don't worry Serena, you are safe in the castle."
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 10 Empty Re: Race for the Throne

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 4:00 pm

Iverson looks at Kalista’s panicked eyes. He tries to keep calm, but in reality he is also panicking. “Ok…just keep calm…”He said. He drops their bags and takes her arm. “I am going to help you to our room Kalista and then I will get help.”

Iverson is lucky. There is a maid in the hall coming over to see if they need anything. “Can I….”

She doesn’t get to finish her question. “I need a doctor fast. My wife is about to have her baby.” Iverson said. The maid nodded her head and quickly went for help.

Serena is just walking in to check in when the maid almost rushes into them. “Oh goddess…I am sorry Princess, your mothers water has broken. I am going for the doctor now.” She said. She then rushes out.

Serena looks at the lady puzzled and then rushes away from everyone. “Serena what is wrong?” Brandon said.

“Mom’s in labor!!” Serena said as she went around the corner.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 4:12 pm

Jasmine goes to Brandon "You have to go help them. I will get everything squared away down here."

The maid rushes to the owners. There is no doctor in town. They will have to go to the next town to get one. The wife begins to bark orders to the staff, telling them to get ready for a new baby.

The husband heads upstairs with towels. He sees Iverson in the room with Kalista. "We have no doctor in town. I have sent someone to fetch a doctor in the next town, but he may not be here until tomorrow." He whispers to Iverson. "My wife is getting ready for us to deliver the baby. We have three kids of our own."

Jasmine pulls Vincent aside and tells him to go upstairs and help them out. Vincent goes to Brandon and tells him about the doctor situation. "What do you need me to do?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 4:17 pm

Brandon starts barking orders to Vincent and Serena. He asks for some towels, his medicine bag and some boiling water. He then heads upstairs to check on Kalista and Iverson.

Kalista has a hold of Iverson’s hand. She is squeezing it for dear life at times. Iverson looks at the man and then at Kalista. “My son knows how to deliver babies…Please ask him to come up here.”

Brandon knocks on the door as Iverson explains the situation to Kalista. The husband opens the door and lets him in. “Can I help?” he asks.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 4:40 pm

"No, I am not going to let him deliver my baby. He is a child himself." Kalista screams and squeezes his hand.

"OK all the guys out of here." The wife comes in. "This is no place for a guy, except for you." She points at Brandon. "The water will be ready in a few moments. We have towels and some cool water as well. Don't worry Majesties, you are in good hands here."

Jasmine goes to Serena. "You may want to be in there to help with your mother." Jasmine gathers some chairs in the hall for the others with Jonathon's help. She sits on one as Iverson and Vincent gets booted out of the room.

Vincent takes the seat. "Iverson sit down, Brandon knows what he is doing. She is right the last thing they need is an audience."

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 4:48 pm

Brandon looks at Kalista who is in a lot of pain. He goes over and takes a seat on the bed beside of her. “I know you don’t want me to deliver this baby for you, but right now I am all you have. I am going to do this because I care. I care for my father, I care for my sisters and I do care for you even if you don’t seem too fond of me.” He ran his fingers through her hair as a contraction passed over her. She yelled in pain.

Brandon gets up and walks over to the end of the bed. Serena walks in with his bag and she takes her mother’s hand. “Is she ready Brandon?” She asked concerned.

~~

Iverson takes a seat and looks at Vincent. “I don’t know if I can sit too long. Oh goddess… I am so worried.” He said. He stands back up and paces the hallway.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 5:00 pm

"If Brandon can save Jasmine from a complicated injury, he can deliver a baby. Remember he learned from the best." Vincent assures him.

Jasmine sneaks out and goes outside. They were not prepared to have the baby now. She walks to the shopping area. Most of the stores were closing up. She comes upon a children's store. She knocks on the glass.

The store person points to the closed sign. Jasmine knocks again. "Please I know you are closed, but I need your help." She yells. "I am Princess Jasmine of Moldova and my aunt is about to give birth." She doesn't like to play the princess card, but sometimes it comes in handy.

The store keeper comes to the door and opens it. "Queen Kalista is having her baby?"

"Yes and they don't have anything along to bring the baby back to the castle. I have money to pay for whatever they will need." Jasmine tells her.

She opens the door the rest of the way. "By all means come in."

"Oh thank you so much. I was so worried that you wouldn't open up. I promise I won't take up too much of your time." Jasmine picks out some diapers, formula, a manual breast pump, bottles, closes, and a smaller bassinet to hold the baby in while in the carriage. She lays out the money and a few extra gold coins. "Thank you again and for your trouble take the family out on me."

Kalista screams again. "Oh Goddess." She squeezes Serena's hand hard as she bites her lip.

Jonathon puts a cool rag on her forehead and backs up. He is there for assistance only, but is excited to see the baby's arrival.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 5:45 pm

Brandon helps Tina, the hotel owner’s wife, to get Kalista ready for the baby. When she is ready, he does a quick exam. “Kalista, you are dilated all the way and you are ready to have this baby. On your next contraction I want you to push.” He said.

Serena looks at her mother and cringes when she squeezes her hand. She bites her lip hard as a few minutes later she does it again. “Push!” Brandon said.

Iverson can hear Kalista in the room. “I know, I know. It’s not him I am worried about, but her.” He said. He bites his lip and starts for the door. Vincent stops him and Iverson takes a seat.

Kalista pushes hard and Brandon can see the baby’s head. “That is good Kalista. Take a breather and when the next one hits, push again.” He said calmly to her. Jonathon takes the washcloth and cools it off for Kalista. He puts it back on her forehead and wipes her face off.

Kalista can feel the contraction hit again and yells with pain. Brandon is able to pull the baby out and Tina lays a towel on Kalista’s stomach. Brandon puts the baby down on her long enough to cut the cord. The baby is screaming at the top of its lungs. Tina then takes the baby and begins to clean him up. Brandon finishes up with Kalista and smiles. He takes the wrapped up baby from Tina and walks over to Kalista.

“Kalista… you have a bouncing baby boy.” Brandon said as he handed her the baby.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 5:52 pm

Vincent and Iverson look at the door upon hearing the baby's cries. They do not see Jasmine struggling up the stairs with all the baby items. She smiles. "Look like I got back just in time."

Vincent looks over at her. "Jasmine what is all that?"

"Consider it my baby shower present. I know you guys didn't bring anything for a baby, so I got some stuff to last at least a few days." Jasmine looks over at Iverson. "I hope I did alright? I also got some replacement towels for the hotel."

~~~~~

Kalista starts to cry when she hears the baby. "A boy, I had a boy." She looks up at Serena. "You have a little brother. Thank you, all of you."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 6:07 pm

Iverson hears the baby’s cries. He looks over at Jasmine and walks over to her, knowing the hard part is over. “Oh goddess…Jasmine this is perfect. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to get anything tonight. Thank you so much.” He said. He hugs her as he begins to cry. “I just became a father again. It’s a wonderful feeling that I hope both of you feel someday.”

He helps her then to carry the things over to the hallway knowing they would need them.

Brandon smiled as Kalista cried. Serena was crying as well, but half of her problem was her hand was hurting. He walked over to her. “I will give you something for that pain Serena.” He said.

Serena looked at Brandon and smiled. “Thank you.” She mouthed. She then looked down at her little brother. “He looks so small.”

“He is a premature baby. Kalista was only about seven and a half months pregnant so he is about a month and a half early.” Brandon said.

Tina ushers Jonathon out of the room and she also leaves. She is about to get some more towels when they almost run into the guys and Jasmine outside with the things she got. “Oh this is perfect. I was about to go get our old bassinet and clean it up, but this one is much nicer. I will be back with some clean sheets and blankets.” She then leaves, happy.

Brandon comes to the door with Serena. Serena looks up at her dad and hugs him. “Go see the baby dad!” she said. She hugged him and then he walks in to see Kalista and the baby.

Iverson walks over to the bed and sits down beside of Kalista. “Are you alright?” He asked. “How is our baby?”

Serena waited until her father was inside and then smiled as he shut the door. “She had a boy!” She told Jasmine.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 6:15 pm

"He is small, but perfect. Serena was smaller though. Oh Iverson we have a son!" Kalista looks up at Iverson exhausted. "We didn't pack anything for the baby. I am so sorry Iverson. We should have stayed."

Vincent goes to Serena. "Congrats on the new baby brother." He notices she his holding her hand. "She didn't break it did she? Mom broke Maddy's when I was born." He hugs her and holds her close.

Jasmine looks at Brandon worried. "How is she? I got some stuff for them. It was a little heavy, but I am fine." She wants to go in there to see the baby, but knows that Kalista and Iverson deserve a little time together."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 6:31 pm

Serena shook her head. “I don’t think so, but my hand is in a lot of pain.” She hugs Vincent and laid her head on his shoulder. “Oh that was so nice of you Jasmine. Mom will be so happy.”

Brandon walked over and began to massage Jasmine’s shoulder. “You should have asked for help. I won’t say anything though, because the items were needed. Kalista is doing well. She is tired and is going to need rest. She will probably need some help tonight. I will stay nearby to help her tonight. The baby is also good. He is early, but with the right medical care he will be fine. She won’t be able to leave for a few days though.”

Iverson runs his fingers though Kalista’s hair. “You don’t have to worry about anything Kali. Jasmine was nice enough to go get all the things we needed to last for a few days. You look exhausted.” He looks down at their little boy and he starts to cry. “We have a little boy, Kali… We always wanted a little boy.”

He kisses the top of her forehead. “Don’t be sorry baby. We were given the clearance to travel. Though I wish you had seen the Altier doctor before we left. Brandon told me this morning he thought you were in the beginning stages of labor but he wasn’t sure. I am going to let the kids in to see before I shoo them out for the night.”

He walks over and opens the door. “If you guys want to come in and say hi to our little boy before you go to bed.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 6:40 pm

Jasmine rushes in and goes to Kalista. "Oh Aunt Kali, he is so beautiful. So have you thought of any names?"

"Reginald Quinn, after Iverson's brother and Raphael Quinn." Kalista answers. "You can hold him if you want."

Jasmine doesn't hesitate to carefully pick him up. "The inn keepers sent for the doctor who will be here tomorrow. Oh I hate to leave tomorrow, but we must be on our way." She sits down next to Kalista humming a lullaby.

Vincent and the others follow Jasmine. He looks at her holding the baby. "She will be a good mother someday." He claps Brandon's back and winks at him. "You should see the stuff Jasmine bought. I am surprised she didn't through her shoulder out bringing it here."

"It wasn't that much Vincent. Serena, Brandon would you like to hold your brother?" Jasmine asks.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 6:51 pm

Brandon watches Jasmine with the baby. He can only smile as he can see that motherly instinct in her. “We talked about that in the hall. I am not going to complain though because the items were needed.” He said.

Serena walks over and tentatively picks up the baby. “Reginald Quinn…Where have I heard the name Raphael Quinn from?” she said. She was holding the baby as she traded places with Jasmine so she could sit down. “He is so beautiful.” She was rocking him slightly in her arms.

“Raphael Quinn was the captain of the guard before Vincent’s father took the position. He was a good man, and a close friend. He was made an example of though however and was brutally murdered. I watched his death.” Iverson said. “His last battle was at the goddess temple. His body was laid under a tree up on the hill there where the other graves are at.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 7:06 pm

"You will have to thank the store keeper because she reopened the store just for me." Jasmine explains has she hands over Reggie. "Justin told us about that."

Tina comes in. "I set up everything you guys will need in the room next door. I am going to have to clean up in here. Whenever you are ready you can go over there. We also got a telegram from the doctor. He will be here tomorrow."

"Thank you so much Tina. Well I guess the party will continue next door. Iverson will you help me?" Kalista asks before trying to get up.

Everyone else goes next door. The items that Jasmine picked up were set up. It almost looks like a nursery. She looks at Serena. "If you want to stay behind with your parents and baby brother, I will understand. One last test and this will be done with."

Vincent goes to the bed and folds the blanket and sheet down for Kalista. "She will be lucky if they are cleared to leave for at least a couple of days. He is so tiny."

"Mom and dad had to wait a week in Moldova before leaving with us." Jasmine adds. "What would you estimate Brandon?
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 7:30 pm

Serena walked over and opened the door for her parents to the new room. “As much as I would love to stay¸ I think they need some time with their little boy. I think he is so cute, but he is just so small.” She said.

“I would say they will probably be here at least three to five days before they let either of them travel, especially the little guy. I wasn’t able to weigh him with anything, but I would have to say he was a little less than five pounds.” Brandon said.

Iverson walked over to Kalista and picked her up. “Here, let me carry you next door. You look too tired to walk.” He said. He kissed her forehead and walked her to the clean room. “Remind me to give the people here at the inn a heavy tip. They have been so kind to us and helped with everything.”

He laid her down in the bed and pulled the covers up. “Do you want to get some rest?” he asked. “I will stay here with you tonight.”

Serena still had the baby. She was putting a diaper on him and a super cute one zee that Jasmine had bought. “We will give you some time. We do have to go tomorrow, but I hope to see you at the temple.” She said. She laid him down in the makeshift incubator that Brandon had put together with the basinet.

“I will come check on you through the night and make sure the baby is alright as well. He is very small. When the doctor gets here tomorrow, I will let him take over.” Brandon said to Kalista.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 7:39 pm

Jasmine gives Reggie a kiss before leaving. She meets the others outside. "I don't know about any of you, but I am hungry. Why don't we bring Iverson up something as well. I don't think Kalista will be hungry for a while."

"Good idea Jasmine." Vincent takes Serena's arm. "You are so good with babies. You even remembered to put the hat on him. I think we will let your parents announce this birth. However they may come home to well wishers."

They all sit down in the dining room. Dinner was light a creamy chicken and broccoli soup and sandwiches. The kitchen had already prepared a tray for the new parents.

Kalista lies down with Iverson and Reginald. "He is so perfect. I wonder what color eyes will he have. I have to admit Brandon was a lifesaver. He was the first one I gave birth to naturally."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 7:50 pm

Serena looks up at Vincent and blushes slightly. “I always wanted a little sister or brother when I was younger and I always played with my dolls like it was a new born baby. I want to have children someday and I have always known that.” She said. “I’m certain by now this whole town is a buzz with well-wishers.” She said with a chuckle.

Brandon was eating sparingly. He had to admit he was getting tired, but his work wasn’t over with yet. He yawned and looked at the others. “I’m sorry to be a bummer, but I am tired. I will be up and down all night as well.” He said. He hugged Jasmine and whispered in her ear. “You will make a wonderful mother someday. He then kissed her forehead and stood up. “I will take them up some dinner and check to make sure Kalista is alright before I go take a nap.” He then left the table.

Iverson was sitting on the bed with Kalitsa. It was big enough for both of them, but he was afraid he would hurt her. He is holding Reginald in his arms as they talked. “I didn’t expect you to give birth naturally. I was afraid to be honest. I am glad he was here to help. I wonder if he will have your eyes or mine.” He put an arm around Kalista and ran his fingers though her hair. “The last time I was that scared was when you gave birth to Serena. I didn't know if either of you would make it. We should thank him somehow.” There was a knock at the door.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 8:02 pm

Jasmine blushes when Brandon whispers in her ear. "We won't be leaving until after the doctor gets here. I don't want to leave them with no medical coverage." She tells Vincent and Serena. "I am going to lie down as well. Now you two behave." She stands up and goes to her room. She gets ready for bed then works on a painting for Kalista and Iverson. It is one of Reginald in Kalista's arm with Iverson beside her.

~~~~

"I think we should take her advice and sleep in our own rooms tonight. I don't want to upset your parents. Plus you are safe here. I love you Serena. Do you want to go up to your room now?"

~~~~~~~

Kalista looks at the door upon hearing the knock. "Come in." Brandon enters with the food. "Brandon, it is good to see you. Did you have a chance to say hello to your brother?" She smiles at him.

"Look Iverson he brought some food for us." Kalista points out. She waits until Brandon is in and settled. "I know we haven't had the best relationship. I want to thank you for being there for us when we needed you."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 8:13 pm

Serena nodded her head and yawned. “I am so tired. Today has been one of those days that started out so bad and then ended on a good side.” She said. They paid for their meal and headed up stairs. They reach her door and she kisses Vincent good night. “I feel like I owe Jasmine an apology and at the same time I feel like I owe my mother an apology. I feel like it was my fault that she went into labor. She caught us this morning and she had Reginald tonight.” She smoothed out her shirt before looking up at him.

~~

Brandon shook his head and walked over. “No…I thought maybe the two of you would like some time together first.”

Iverson walked over and took a bite of sandwich before getting the soup. He walked over and sat down beside of Kalista. “Why don’t you come hold him?” He said.

Brandon walked over and reluctantly took Reginald. He looked up at Serena and smiled. “I know you were against me helping you, but I knew he wouldn’t wait. I won’t turn anyone down that needs my help. You both have done so much for me and I know it’s not much, but this is the least I could do.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 8:21 pm

"Actually I think she would have had Reginald no matter what. And why do you think you owe Jasmine an apology? I know she is probably awake if you want to talk to her." Vincent walks her to her door. He flashes his lopsided grin before leaning in and kissing her. "I love you and will see you in the morning."

~~~~~~~

Kalista rolls her eyes playfully. "Listen to him Iverson. You just gave birth to my son. It means more than I can ever express. You look almost afraid to hold him. Go ahead say hello to your brother."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 8:32 pm

“Because I feel like I might have hurt her feelings this morning.” Serena said. She gave Vincent a kiss and he flashed her, his lopsided grin. She hugged him and then he kissed her. “I love that lopsided grin of yours. It’s what made me fall in love with you. Good night Vincent. I love you.” She watched him walk down to his room and she knocked on Jasmine’s door gently.

~~

Brandon looked down at Reginald. He yawned and looked up at Brandon before closing his eyes again. “Thank you Kalista.” He rocked the little boy in his arms gently and hummed a little tune to him. “Hello Reginald.” He whispered as he held him.

Iverson handed the cup of soup to Kalista and smiled. “That tune is a lullaby that you hear a lot of times at forts. The wives of the soldiers teach it to their little ones.” He said. He looks at Kalista. “How do you feel?” he asked.

“I learned it when we stayed at a fort one time. From a man that taught me how to use the sword. When I would be close to falling asleep when I was out with him, he would hum it to me and I would fall asleep. I never knew the words to it though.” Brandon said. “I hope someday that you grow up to be big and strong, Reginald.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 8:40 pm

Jasmine jumps when she hears the door knock. She looks up from the picture. The line art was almost done. She walks to the door wondering who it could be. "Oh hello Serena. You are lucky I heard the knock. Come in, I want to show you something."

~~~~~~~

Kalista gets tears in her eyes watching Brandon with Reginald. "You are going to be a good big brother." She takes the soup from Iverson. "This is amazing. Why don't you go ahead and get some sleep. We can take care of Reginald. We had two other children." She winks at Brandon. "Iverson come lie next to me. You aren't going to hurt me by lying down."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 20th August 2014, 9:09 pm

Serena walks into Jasmines room and smiles. “I wanted to come apologize for this morning. I know I said some things that were probably mean. My morning started out rough and it is by no means an excuse.” She said.

~~

“Yes Kali.” Iverson said. He smiles and chuckles. “Whenever your wife says do something, Brandon, you do it.” He gets in the bed with Kalista and sits down beside of her.

Brandon walked over and put Reginald in the basinet. “He is a good looking boy. I will come check on you tonight to make sure you are not in any pain and to make sure everything is alright. Thank you both for letting me be a part of this family. It means a lot to me.” He walks over and Iverson hugs him.

“I am just grateful that you were here. The goddess works in mysterious ways.” Iverson said. “Now go get some rest. We will be alright to night. You can check on them in the morning.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th August 2014, 9:24 pm

"I just want you to know that you are in no way obligated to me at all for anything. If you want to stay with your family, stay. Your mom is going to need help. I am so sorry if I ever made you feel like you had to do anything." Jasmine hugs Serena. "Now take a look at this and tell me what you think."

~~~~~~

"Iverson is right. You need to get some rest, you will be leaving with Jasmine in the morning. It will take you most of the day to get to the Goddess temple." Kalista smiles. "She is going to make a good Queen."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 21st August 2014, 7:45 am

Serena hugs Jasmine. “No Jasmine, It’s just that I need to face my fears. I want to be strong and I know in order to get stronger I need experience. I wanted to come with you. I started this with you and I am going to finish this with you.” She said.

She looks at the art work that Jasmine has been working on. “Oh goddess…Jasmine, it is beautiful!!” She looks at the whole picture and tries not to cry. “I know Uncle Berenson painted pictures of both me and Audra with them, and now they will have this one of their little boy. I cannot tell you how excited I am to have a little brother.”

~~

“She will. She is humble and loving, and she cares. I love her very much.” Brandon said. “She is also strong willed and so much more.” There is a smile on his face as they talk about Jasmine. “Good night. I hope you both sleep well tonight.”

Iverson hears Reginald making some noises. He gets up and walks over to him. He picks him up and walks over to the bed. “I think he is hungry.” He said looking at Kalista. “Thank you again Brandon for all you have done. I will see you in the morning and then I will see you off.” He said.

Brandon smiles and then leaves the room. He goes to his own room and takes a quick shower. He feels a little dirty after helping with Kalista’s birth, but he is happy that she is doing well. He lies on the bed and quickly falls to sleep.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top