Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OC Contest

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OC Contest - Page 23 Empty OC Contest

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd January 2012, 3:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Original Character Contest!

All characters will wake to find themselves on a warm, yellow cot and covered in a crocheted, golden blanket. They are each in the same room, the beds filed out evenly in an organized, simple fashion with the headboard against the wall. The room is dimly lit by only a single fireplace and a few torches on the pale, creme walls. The floor has a carpet, which is also of a tan or khaki color and there is only a single, brown door shown as an exit to the room.

It is quiet here, with only the crackling sounds of the firelight from the fireplace to give any signs that there is anything to be heard at all. When the brown door is inspected and opened, it will be opened with ease, leading down into a hallway where many doors can be found--twelve doors, to be exact, with six on each side.. However, only one being can enter one door, for once a person has crossed through, the door is blocked by a barrier, a yellow, translucent, thin thing that seems impossible to shatter.

Each door has a different frame--one is of stone, with no door and opening out into what seems to be a pitch black space or nothingness. The stone opening is cold and seems to emanate a cold, still air.

The other five doors on this wall, moving to the right with each one, are as follows: there is a door with a simple, mahogany frame, both shining as if it were just built and elegant in that both the frame and the mahogany door that it wraps around are intricately designed with little, vine-like carvings and other strange patterns.

Next, we have a small door that is significantly shorter than the others, one that anyone would clearly have to duck into in order to get through. The frame is a simple wire-like frame, but made of vines and leaves, rather than wires. There is clearly a forest through this doorway.

After that, there is a small, marble archway, which looks so bright through it's passage that one cannot see through it clearly, for it is only as if there is a sheet of white mist in the way. If one moves close to this door, they will feel warmth and thickness in the air.

The fifth door is black obsidian, cold as the stone, except far more icy to the touch. The door inside its frame isn't obsidian, but a sheet of black beads, easily moved to the side to give access to its realm. Nothing can be seen beyond the beads, except that there is a small, black light coming through.

The final door, which is closest to the firelight room where all of the characters have awakened, is a door made of nails, the frame, door and all. The door is closed, which may complicate things, as the handle, itself, is a large, thin nail that may be difficult to turn.

Across the way, opposing each door is another door that is similar, but is the opposite. Opposing the stone door is a sand door, opening out into nothing but a desert, or so it seems. Opposing the mahogany door is the gravel door, which appears to open out into a gravel road. Opposing the marble archway is a wire archway, this one being nothing but barbed wire and opening out into what looks like flat grasslands. Opposing the short door is one that is significantly larger than the others, made perhaps for giants? The doorknob on this might be difficult to open, as is the door to push open, as it is so large and heavy. The door opposing the black obsidian door is a clear, glass door, which can be seen to reveal a glass room of some sorts, though its depth is still quite a mystery. The glass handle seems to be quite delicate. And the final opposing door, which opposes the nail door, is a door made only of goo or slime. The gateway seems to open up into some sort of...mud or slime like texture on the ground.

Ah, such challenges and mystery, just waiting to be experienced by the characters that should be awakening soon to find themselves stuck together in an odd predicament....

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

OC Contest - Page 23 Empty Re: OC Contest

Post by xenolion 22nd June 2012, 3:13 pm

{Attn: Corellia, Femaust}

Kyrie follow Femaust carefully keeping alert for anything out of the ordinary. There are several time when he stopped and they moved out of those danger zones. Finally they make it to a massive wall. She looks up and sees what appears to be the bottom of a chair. It gets even darker under the chair. Kyrie tentatively touches Femaust’s shoulder and looks back to Corellia. “It may be useful to form a human chain in these low light conditions, so no one goes missing.”

Her eyes scan the area in front of her looking for something. She thinks she sees a hint of blue from an archway. “Femaust, what do you think of that? Is it a way out? It looks like water.” She sighs loudly from behind him. *Great just what she needs. Sure she may pilot the blue lion, but she cannot swim worth a d*mn.*
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 22nd June 2012, 9:12 pm

[Attn: Corellia, Kyrie]

Femaust feels a hand touch his shoulder followed by Kyrie's voice. “Femaust, what do you think of that? Is it a way out? It looks like water.” He stops walking, looking up at the arch and the expansive water beyond.

"One second." Femaust's runes glow softly as he inhales deeply. "It smells like the ocean, salt is in the air. It'll get stronger as we get closer." His runes dim out again and he starts probing the ground again as he leads them towards it. He notices the chair, and more importantly the fireplace that the arch is hidden among the hearth stones.

Getting closer to it he looks through it. "I don't see any boats or causeways. Right now we need to rest up. If the arch stays we'll got through it after I get some mana to make a boat. There is plenty of wood under us to make one. Though by the size of the arch I won't be making much of a boat on this side. It might be better to try and find another portal then risk the ocean."

Tapping the ground again he walks off to the side slightly and touches the fireplace. "What we need right now is shelter. I would very much like avoiding another of those giants. Judging by the chair, the one we saw earlier was a juvenile. See how much larger the chair is, it's made for something much larger.

Femaust closes his eyes and thinks as he gently analyzes the area around him. "I think I've recovered enough for one little chore." Deciding on the wood rather than the stone he reaches out with his magic and makes a pocket inside the floor. The floor ripples slightly as his magic modifies it. Eventually a crack appears, lifting up like a trapdoor to reveal stairs and a dark room within. "Thank the primes the floor is seasoned, I can't work fresh wood."

"This should be adequate enough. I hope neither of you are afraid of the dark or confined spaces." Femaust walks down the steps into the darkness lighting it up with his glowing runes. "Is there anything you need before I rest?" He sits with his back in a corner, resting his spear against his shoulder as he relaxes.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th June 2012, 9:23 pm

Fog was not an adequate description of this... This was some thick, airy webbing. It didn't inhibit her, but it almost made her lower legs invisible. Her sword stayed pointed to the coffin, focused, almost ethereal, almost as if she were expecting something to happen. As the sarcophagi surrounding her began to shake and rattle, she suddenly reacted, rolling back and switching to one of her incendiary weapons in her bomb-tipped crossbows. Firing two bolts, she then hid into her coat, protected by the steel plating inside.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th June 2012, 10:08 pm

{Attn: Femaust, Corellia}

Kyrie watches Femaust curiously as his runes glow and he assess the situation. She doesn’t understand what he means about making a boat, wouldn’t that take a long time? He then approaches the fireplace and talks about a shelter. Again she thought it as odd they are inside a building, under a large chair. She’s been in worse places, much worse.

She watches as he closes his eyes. What the he** is he up to. She steps back as the floor ripples. She gasps as a crack appears eventually transforming into a trapdoor to a small room. “Holy…how are you doing that? I know you aren’t Petrovion.”

"This should be adequate enough. I hope neither of you are afraid of the dark or confined spaces." Femaust walks down the steps into the darkness lighting it up with his glowing runes. "Is there anything you need before I rest?" He sits with his back in a corner, resting his spear against his shoulder as he relaxes.

She follows him cautiously. “It takes a little more than a confined dark space to scare me. We all should rest and pray that the archway is still there when we awaken.” She raises her eyebrow at Femaust. “Are you sure it is safe or shall we set up watches?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 26th June 2012, 12:55 pm

[Attn: Open]

Mariah stood in front of the metal door for a couple of minutes, listening to her echo fade. Nobody is home? she thought to herself absently as she stared at the door, beckoning it to open, Perhaps the other building will have a resident.

As Mariah began to head across the field to the more delicate and gorgeous house, she admired the garden she passed. The various flowers looked very elegant. Too elegant to have simply grown that way with no help.

Once she got to the glass house, she eyed the table set up in there with tea on it. Somebody must live in this house, I am sure... she thought again to herself before approaching the door. She then took a bit of time to admire the door. The vines and floral pattern engraved in it were also very elegantly done. This door also had a doorbell, which was nice. Something about knocking on doors seemed too barbaric to her.

After taking in the beauty of the door, she finally pressed in the doorbell. "Hello?" she repeats, "Is anyone home?"
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 28th June 2012, 11:51 am

[Attn: Sword-dude]

Airtasm watched the man in shock. "How come you to possess the means for mobility through these realms?" he inquired incredulously. "Are you part of the plot?"

He followed the man.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 28th June 2012, 5:07 pm

[Attn: Kyrie, and Corellia]

Kyrie walks down the steps cautiously. "It takes a little more than a confined dark space to scare me. We all should rest and pray that the archway is still there when we awaken." By the light of his runes he see's her eyebrow raise as she looks at him with a question. "Are you sure it is safe or shall we set up watches?"

Femust drums his fingers on the shaft of his spear as he evaluates. After a couple seconds he shakes his head. "Negative Kyrie, posting a watch on the arch will only facilitate casualties. I doubt once the giants awake that we will be able to sleep, they shouldn't prove able to hide there movement. They are simply to massive, their footsteps will echo. That is why I've transmuted this bolthole."

Closing his eyes he relaxes his head against the rough wall of the hideaway. "Earlier Kyrie you mentioned Petrovions. What I am is rather complex but I was created on a world known as Terra." Femaust inhales and touches the wall. "I will answer as many questions as you wish, after I seal the entry door, and secure that it won't be detected from above. Is that alright?"

Femaust waits for both Corellia and Kyrie to agree before standing again and proceeding to meld the door back into its original state. He will settle back down in his spot and rest when finished, answering any questions asked.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 4th July 2012, 9:16 pm

Kyrie sits down. “I meant watches in here, but I guess we are safe.” She gets a smile on her face when Femaust mentions his planet name. She wonders how his Terra compared to hers. Although some people still call it Earth. “I would love to hear about your universe, both yours and Corellia’s. We should get some rest while we still can. I for one am thankful for the break. All we need now is some food and drinkable water.”

Kyrie sits down, exhaustion catching up to her. She stifles a yawn. “Well tell me about your world, your technologies, races, terrain. It should make for a good story.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 16th July 2012, 5:39 pm

[Attn: Kyrie, and Corellia]

Resting gently Femaust looks over at Corellia whom seems reluctant to share. "Most of my knowledge of Terra is academic. I've little experience in the outside world beyond the island." Femaust dwells on his growing sense of wanderlust he has had steadily growing since his arrival into Sufferia's Realm.

"Speaking academically: Terra is a world filled with primal beings and terrains for the Primes." Feeling a need to explain he taps his spear in thought finding the words. "The Primes are elemental beings created and whom control the forces of nature. Some of the more powerful ones are openly worshiped, but all take careful heed of them."

With a marginal effort he shapes the wood behind him to fit his form so he almost sinks in slightly. The brief use of magic brightens the room then dims again after he is done.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Back to top