Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OC Contest

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OC Contest Empty OC Contest

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd January 2012, 3:01 pm

Welcome to the Original Character Contest!

All characters will wake to find themselves on a warm, yellow cot and covered in a crocheted, golden blanket. They are each in the same room, the beds filed out evenly in an organized, simple fashion with the headboard against the wall. The room is dimly lit by only a single fireplace and a few torches on the pale, creme walls. The floor has a carpet, which is also of a tan or khaki color and there is only a single, brown door shown as an exit to the room.

It is quiet here, with only the crackling sounds of the firelight from the fireplace to give any signs that there is anything to be heard at all. When the brown door is inspected and opened, it will be opened with ease, leading down into a hallway where many doors can be found--twelve doors, to be exact, with six on each side.. However, only one being can enter one door, for once a person has crossed through, the door is blocked by a barrier, a yellow, translucent, thin thing that seems impossible to shatter.

Each door has a different frame--one is of stone, with no door and opening out into what seems to be a pitch black space or nothingness. The stone opening is cold and seems to emanate a cold, still air.

The other five doors on this wall, moving to the right with each one, are as follows: there is a door with a simple, mahogany frame, both shining as if it were just built and elegant in that both the frame and the mahogany door that it wraps around are intricately designed with little, vine-like carvings and other strange patterns.

Next, we have a small door that is significantly shorter than the others, one that anyone would clearly have to duck into in order to get through. The frame is a simple wire-like frame, but made of vines and leaves, rather than wires. There is clearly a forest through this doorway.

After that, there is a small, marble archway, which looks so bright through it's passage that one cannot see through it clearly, for it is only as if there is a sheet of white mist in the way. If one moves close to this door, they will feel warmth and thickness in the air.

The fifth door is black obsidian, cold as the stone, except far more icy to the touch. The door inside its frame isn't obsidian, but a sheet of black beads, easily moved to the side to give access to its realm. Nothing can be seen beyond the beads, except that there is a small, black light coming through.

The final door, which is closest to the firelight room where all of the characters have awakened, is a door made of nails, the frame, door and all. The door is closed, which may complicate things, as the handle, itself, is a large, thin nail that may be difficult to turn.

Across the way, opposing each door is another door that is similar, but is the opposite. Opposing the stone door is a sand door, opening out into nothing but a desert, or so it seems. Opposing the mahogany door is the gravel door, which appears to open out into a gravel road. Opposing the marble archway is a wire archway, this one being nothing but barbed wire and opening out into what looks like flat grasslands. Opposing the short door is one that is significantly larger than the others, made perhaps for giants? The doorknob on this might be difficult to open, as is the door to push open, as it is so large and heavy. The door opposing the black obsidian door is a clear, glass door, which can be seen to reveal a glass room of some sorts, though its depth is still quite a mystery. The glass handle seems to be quite delicate. And the final opposing door, which opposes the nail door, is a door made only of goo or slime. The gateway seems to open up into some sort of...mud or slime like texture on the ground.

Ah, such challenges and mystery, just waiting to be experienced by the characters that should be awakening soon to find themselves stuck together in an odd predicament....

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

OC Contest Empty Re: OC Contest

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd January 2012, 5:32 pm

[Attn: Open]

Joseph came to, his vision blurring into focus. He lay there for a minute until it dawned on him and sat up abruptly.

"That's not my ceiling!" he exclaimed, looking around. "Come to think of it...this isn't my room. Or Serena's. Or...I don't think this is any place I've been to..."

It was a homey room...for the medieval period. Torches on sconces lined the wall, a massive fireplace. He was in a small bed with the headboard pushed against the wall with a golden crocheted blanket. He looked around and noticed that there were a few other people sleeping.

Well, he thought, that concludes the talking to myself out loud portion of our segment.

They were all in beds like him. Interesting. He pondered on whether or not he should wake the others up or explore around first. After all, he had no idea who these people were. Perhaps the Tribunal had been restored and these were all Angels of Death like him. It would be their style to do a Shanghai in the middle of the night. Of course, he couldn't imagine them making such a homey scene. Maybe the Grim Reaper, but only because the guy had a warped sense of humor.

He looked down at his clothes and sighed. He was still in his pajamas. Double checking to make sure the others were still asleep and not looking in his direction, he focused. Immediately, mists swirled around him and he was immediately dressed in his normal street clothes; a nice green t-shirt, black jean shorts, and his sneakers. A little more mist and his hair was also groomed. There was nothing worse than a nappy box fade.

He didn't see any problem with looking around a bit while he waited, so quietly walking down the hall, he came to another room, but this one had several doors, each with a door made oddly. The ones of nails and barbed wire made him cringe. Guess which doors he wouldn't be touching if he could help it.

He quickly stepped back down the hall to see if there was anyone awake yet. No one. He waited a minute or two, and when nobody showed any signs of stirring, he decided it couldn't hurt to explore the doors.

"I feel like I've been Shanghaied to Narnia..." he said ruefully.

He looked at each of the doors, trying to figure out which one to enter. Finally, he decided on the marble archway.

"Mists don't obscure my vision," he said aloud, mists rising from his fingertips.

That said, he stepped through the archway. As soon as he did, a yellow beam of light appeared behind him. It was solid and impenetrable, he tried to hammer it--a few times with supernatural force--but it wouldn't budge.

"Zavagabees!" he growled. "Well, looks like I walked into Ye Olde Game Show..."

He shrugged. "If I can't go back, then I must go forward. I hope those others will be okay until I can get back..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 3rd January 2012, 7:24 pm

{Attn: Open}

Kyrie hears some stirring, but blocks it out. After the night shift at Castle Control she deserves a rest. The crackling of fire enters her head making her snap her eyes open. What??? Fire?? She sits up in a cot and looks around in a calm panic. She sees cots lined up, some are filled while others are not. She stands up and looks closely at the people in the cots, not recognizing any of them. Great which planet am I on now? She walks to the far end of the room and takes out her communicator. "Kyrie to Castle Control, come in...." She waits for a response, but hears static. She curses under her breath. There is no way they can be blocked she just got it upgraded.

She looks over her shoulder at the ones on the beds. A part of her wants to wake them up, but another part doesn't trust them. She takes out her blaster and heads toward the brown door. She opens it up slowly only a crack and peers down the hall. There doesn't seem to be any guards or enemies. She opens it up more and quickly looks around the other side of the door, still no one.

She steps into the hallway seeing a variety of doors of all shapes and sizes. She walks slowly down the hall examining each doorway. She totally avoids the black one. She doesn't like the dark since what Prescott did to her. The mahogany one reminds her of home the most. She looks behind to see if any one else has entered the hallway. Not seeing anyone she turns the handle and enters. Kiah and Mishca will probably kill her for this. Naah Mishca will be right next to her, pushing her through the doorway.

She sees a yellowish glow from behind her and turns around. Around the door is some sort of barrier. She curses under her breath again and she pushes on the door. Of course she could not go through it.

Last edited by xenolion on 3rd January 2012, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd January 2012, 7:45 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Trick woke up quickly, but kept his eyes closed, knowing immediately that something was wrong. He had fallen asleep in the middle of Russia, and this was far too warm to be Russia. Had someone found him? He thought back quickly - he had found an employer that night, and the man had given him dinner as well as money as an advance payment. Perhaps the food had been drugged?

He heard a woman speaking professionally, and opened one eye. Whoever built the place knew what he was about, at least, and he scanned the room. He was in a bed, and several others lined the wall, some with occupants. He heard movement, and shut his eyes quickly as someone left - the woman who had spoken? He opened his eyes again quickly to see her shape leaving the room.

Trick sat up, pleased to see that his hands were still free. He checked his coat, felt the comforting feel of his gun, and checked for both of his boot knives. Everything was still there - even his deck of cards was untouched. Whoever had taken him clearly had no idea what he was doing. Trick grinned. That didn't matter. They were trying to trap him, and he'd be sure to make them pay.

He jumped up, landing lightly on the floor next to his bed. He reached for his gun, not pulling it out yet, and moved towards the door, opening it and peering around it. No one in sight. Even that woman had disappeared. Trick shrugged, stepping out quickly and shutting the door behind him.

"That's just mean," he said out loud as he saw that the hallway was filled with doors. But which was the way out? Or maybe this was a game, and games were meant to be played, after all. Trick smiled, browsing the selection. A door made of slime? Gross. But it's partner across the hall, a door made of nails, seemed much more promising. It almost looked like it was challenging him. Trick tested the handle - it was hard to turn, as if not wanting to let him in. That decided it. Trick grabbed the handle with both hands, managing to turn it and shove his way through the door of nails.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 3rd January 2012, 8:19 pm

Cosmo had gone peacefully to sleep that night. Jessie had told her a story about the town she'd come from. With the events of Zollo's attack now finally behind her, she peacefully rested. However, she awakens to an unfamiliar smell. Smoke. An instant later, her eyes have opened wide and dart around like those of a hyper child. She then springs up from her place over the side of the bed, looking around. This place. It was new to her. She then turns and sees several others. Not omnimytes...what were they?

Regardless, she hadn't the time to worry about that. Wherever she was, it wasn't the Inn. As such, she rushes out through the doorway, it being sealed by a wall of energy behind her. "W-what? Luna? A-Aqua? Anybody?" She then sees the remaining doors. She enters the smaller door of wire frame. On the other side, a forest. Not the Yellow Jacket Woods, mind you. A true forest. How strange, though. Upon making her way inside, the one longer strand of upright hair skimming the frame, the door is sealed behind her. She looks to her rears upon hearing the familiar sound. "Again? Luna? Bokoo? Drillbit? Where are all of you?"
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd January 2012, 9:46 pm

[ATTN: Joseph]

As the being enters the marble archway, the mist begins to fade away, with the exception of down near to the ground, but the area is still extremely bright. Joseph finds himself in a small room with strange lettering on the walls around him, spiraling in odd angles, at first, and then unwrapping into what would normally be a comprehensible, straight, left-to-right text:

Ncm bhyd vud nb mujh kuxxulm,
Bncmj ncuh nb jmua nctx pmxxulm,
Tx nb qnnmj rqn bhm xbqha,
Vctzc vtyy qhabqrnuryd uxnbqha:
Ujntitj

[ATTN: Kyrie]

As the woman crosses through the mahogany threshold, she finds herself before two people, both of which are unconscious and laying on a magnificent, golden scale several hundred feet above the floor. At the moment, the scale is perfectly balanced, but it is so up high that the two people, one of which is a man and the other of which is an old, frail woman, would die if they fell.

The only safe way to come off of the scale, it seems, is for one side to be lowered so that they may step down..yet, if one side is lowered and the weight lifted, won't that cause the other end to fall so quickly as to cause a death?

And of course, a message is inscribed before her on a pedestal, which has a dark, black lever behind it that can be moved towards either the woman or the man to lower their scale, reading an odd inscription:

Bhyd bhzm zuh ncm xzuym rm ybvmjma,
Bhyd bhzm tx ytgm ltimh uha mpkbvmjma,
Xcbqya bhm ytgm rm iuyqma bimj uhbncmj?
Ncm iuyqm amnmjpthma rd cuhax bh u ymimj?
Puem dbqj zcbtzm.

[ATTN: Trick]

As trick enters through the doorway and the golden barrier shoots up behind him to bar his path from returning from where he came, he finds that he cannot step forward. There is no floor, but for the one tile that he is currently standing on. There is another door on the other side of the massive pit of which he stands over, straight across from him, but no floor to reach it.

He looks down to find only darkness, as there is no bottom to be seen, at least not that his eyes can see. How unfortunate. How is he to find his way across? He can almost see vague lettering on the door across from him, but the words are...odd:

Vuye Nctx Vud.

[ATTN: Cosmo]

As the being entered the forest, the forests sounds of the birds, insects, winds, and other wildlife immediately became silent within a heartbeat. So sudden, is this silence, that only Cosmos's voice can be heard as she asks for friends by name.

The only response to Cosmos's questions, however, is a deep, low, predatory growl from a creature that sounds wild and hungry. The thing didn't make it's location known, but spoke in an odd language that seemed to be in a threatening tone:

"Ocun abmx tn vuhn? Xcuyy tn rm pd pmuy? Xkmue vtxmyd bj rmzbpm pd kjmd."
The voice says with an oddly twisted voice.

((OOC: Hint -- U = A))

Last edited by Leah7 on 4th January 2012, 12:18 am; edited 7 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd January 2012, 10:09 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Trick spun as the barrier shot up behind him. He reached out to touch it - solid, no way back. And it certainly wasn't any technology he had seen before. Where on earth did they take him? He was starting to lose his patience.

He turned back around and squatted down, taking in his surroundings. No place to stand except for where he was, no way to the exit across from him. He tried to look down into the pit, but couldn't see a thing. How deep does that go? Trick reached inside his coat, searching his pockets for something he wouldn't mind losing. He eventually found his ammunition, grabbing a few bullets and holding them in his hand. Was it worth it? He reached back in his pocket, searching. One magazine with ten bullets, four loose bullets, including the ones he was holding, and whatever was left in his pistol. Surely he could afford one.

He threw a bullet down into the pit, crouching as low as he could to listen. Nothing. Then again, any noise it would have made would have been tiny. Still, he could guess it was fairly deep, not something he'd want to fall into.

Trick looked up, annoyed, at the door across from him. Was that lettering? Not in any language he knew... unless it was a code. Yes, it had to be a code, the middle word had no vowels. A puzzle, then? he thought, smiling. That made things more interesting. It almost made being kidnapped worth it. At least he wouldn't be bored. And maybe if he solved his host's little puzzle, he'd find someone who could tell him what the **** was going on.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 3rd January 2012, 10:19 pm

[Attn: ???]

Cosmo whimpers a bit as she slowly begins to turn herself in every which direction. The sounds, the comfort she'd felt in that environment...all faded away. Then she hears it. The growl of a potential predator...and Cosmo would be the prey. She swallows for a moment as she hears the whisper of this mysterious language.Now was a time more than any to be afraid. But while afraid, Cosmo was no coward. She stood her ground, spheres of light encompassing her hands. "He-hello?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 4th January 2012, 12:27 am

Joseph squinted for a moment; the bright light took some getting used to. The mist, however, had lowered to just around his ankles. He found himself in a small room with lettering on the walls.

"So..." he thought aloud, "did I walk into the asylum area for magical crazy people?" He grimaced as another thought came to him. "Or did whoever wrote this go insane after the fact?

"However," he added looking around, "it's not like I see any other way out of here...

"I hope whoever you were, you were a nice loon. I'd hate for these final words to be some weirdness about some girl you never got to date. Or worse, a bad joke. Yeah...that last one would really suck and I'd know you were channeling Serena's spirit--even though she's still alive" he muttered.

He looked at the writing and shrugged. "I didn't exactly bring pen and paper, buuut," he made mist rise off of him and it took the form of the words.

He sighed. "This'll probably take a while," he growled. "I was never exactly good at this kinda stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm smart," he added, defending himself against himself, "but I ain't some genius that could disassemble this in an instant."

He set off to solve this, setting the words he had formed in mist around him and spread out. "Hmm..." he said to himself, "my best recourse would be to start with the small words. There's only so many small words in an alphabet--assuming this is a cypher of English. If not, I'm kinda screwed..."

He wasn't sure how much time had passed, but he was sure it was several hours. The ache behind his eyes said he'd been at it for that long. To the side of the words he had started an alphabet of what each letter was. The breakthrough had come when he had applied "to" to the "nb" and other letters had started revealing themselves.

...okay, it had been a whole lot of guesswork, but he was sure he had decoded the message. He hoped. However, he had NO clue what the last word was or meant. It sounded Spanish. However, the message had been "clear."

"Artivir!" he called. "Oh, and if whoever wrote that crap is still alive--and can hear me--you owe me a bottle of Excedrin!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 4th January 2012, 7:26 am

{Attn: Open} Leah let me know if I need to change anything!!

After a few frustrated moments of trying to get past the barrier, Kyrie turns around. What she sees before is a large scale. It seems to be perfectly level. An even closer look reveals two unconscious people on the scale. She crosses her arms; this is too simplistic to be the work of Doom. There is nothing under the scale to guarantee the person will die upon falling.

In front of the scale she sees a pedestal with writing on it. She tries to read it to no avail. A smirk comes to her face. They are trying to stump her with a code, interesting. She takes out her communicator. She wishes she had the guys to help her out with this. Pidge would be drooling. Then she remembers the upgrades they did. She slides open the communicator and begins typing in the code. If it is a letter switch, she will have it solved in no time. She looks at the letters closely. Well U seems to be all alone, that is more than likely an A or I. It is slow going at first, but she thinks the has it solved.

only once can the scale be lowered
only once is life given and empowered
should one life be valued over another?
the value determined by hands on a lever?
make your choice

It is then Kyrie notices the black lever. She does not pull it right away, only once? That destroys her idea of a counterweight. She walks under one of the scales and looks up. She scratches her chin and starts to think. Maybe if she lowers one side down first. Then she can stand on it while moving the body. She wonders if she can climb up the chain and use herself as a counterweight. If she slowly moves across the arm of the scale, she can slowly lower the other side. It is risky, but if the doesn’t to it the one is going to die anyway. Time to put some of the training to use.

She walks over to the lever; the man is less fragile than the woman. But the woman has lived a full life. Which life should be saved first? Kyrie grabs the lever and does a mental einy meenie miney mo. She slides the lever to the right.

She steps onto the scale disk and checks on the woman. She seems to be alright physically at least. Kyrie helps her off the scale, being sure to stay on it herself. As soon as the women’s body is removed, the scale springs to life and starts to move upward, quickly at first. Kyrie is almost thrown from it. Eventually it slows down, but is not perfectly level. It appears the man is heavier than she is. That may help actually. She begins the task of climbing the chain taking it slow when she feels the weight shift. She will have to thank Hunk for the strength training when she gets back.

She finds herself at the top. She rests for a moment moving her arms around so they don’t stiffen up. She looks down to check if the woman has recovered at all. She begins the slide to the other side of the arm. Now she really has to be careful because if the moves too fast the weight can go down even more. So once again caution reigns. She inches over stopping when she feels the weight shift. As she gets to the middle the disk is lowered, until it touches the ground. She did it! Now she can throw caution to the wind and slides down the arm of the side on the ground.

Kyrie picks up the man and sets him down off the disk. Hmm what is going to weigh it down when she gets off? She will have to time this right. Kyrie runs and jumps off the scale watching the disk shoot up and balance out again. She watches it for a moment. Balance, I wonder when my life will have some. The woman and the man wake up and thank Kyrie for rescuing them. She looks beyond them as a door appears.

She walks over to the door and takes the handle. She turns it and cautiously opens the door. She looks back at the two people she saved "Are you sure you will be alright." They nod and wave her on. She walks through the door...

Last edited by xenolion on 4th January 2012, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 4th January 2012, 6:21 pm

Cosmo turned nervously in the woods. What was happening? The previous day she'd been on a rescue mission within the underground caverns of Mt. Iron. She recalled the entire event in fact. Her team consisted of Bokoo, Aqua, and Drillbit. Puff had gotten herself lost again while looking for her favorite fruit when a quake tore open the ground and wound her up at the bottom of the caverns. They managed to rescue her then.

Before returning, they visited Stripe in the Yellow Jacket Woods. This surely wasn't it. The bees, average or giant, weren't there. There was only the eerie backdrop all around. Unpleasant silence and unsettling darkness. She'd stepped on a twig at one point and heard only that as it echoed, bouncing from tree to tree. Her eyes now darted with fear, she proceeds to back into the woods, her charging Photon still encompassing her hands. She hears this voice once again. Fear was now an understatement.

She trembled, goosebumps along her arms. Holding the light around her hand to every crevice of the woods that she can find, she sees nothing still. Not even so much as a silhouette. Ears ringing, eyes ever wandering, and knees knocking, she pauses to clear her mind. She hears it once again now in her head this time. Replaying it to herself as if reconsidering. She understood this. Cryptic as it was, it wasn't the strangest thing she'd heard or seen.

What does it want? Shall it be my meal? Speak wisely or become my prey.

"It's...all right," she says. "I don't want to hurt anyone," she says, her Photons now glowing brightly as she collects herself. "I only want to go home...to my friends. Are you still there?"
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 4th January 2012, 7:57 pm

Trick frowned as he looked at the cipher. He checked the pockets inside his coat once again, but he already knew he wouldn’t find any paper. That certainly wouldn’t make this any easier. Trick’s hands rested on his pack of cards, and he pulled them out, suddenly struck by an idea. He whipped out his cards, laying about half of them down. The cards were starting to get old, battered, everyone else said he should get a new deck, but to him, they’d only just gotten comfortable in his hands. Trick pulled a knife from his boot and flipped the cards face up, carefully carving in a letter into each with the knives. That should help him visualize it, at least.

Trick stared down at his cards for what might have been hours. His eyes hurt, and his legs were sore from squatting, but focused as he was, he almost didn’t notice it. He was being challenged, and he wasn’t about to give up. He thought he had the middle word – This - but he couldn’t quite get the other two. He looked back up at the door, studying the phrase from a distance. There couldn’t be that many coherent 3-letter phrases with this in the middle.

Trick gasped as it came to him, and he swiped up his cards with a grin. A tune had jumped to his head, and as he studied the phrase, the more it made sense. Thank you, Aerosmith. If Salander wasn’t dead, he would have thanked him as well for introducing him to the band.

Walk this way, it said.

Trick’s elation died. Well, that had been a fun distraction, but it certainly wasn’t helpful. It almost sounded like he was being mocked. Trick gave a twisted smile. Well now, he thought, soon as he found his host, he knew how he’d entertain himself. Still, he had to find a way out, which there wasn’t, not as far as he could see. Unless… maybe there was a path? Something he couldn’t see, maybe? Trick reached an arm down, sweeping it out in front of him until he felt – yes – something solid. He searched with his hand, finding a small path roughly as wide as his foot. The only way across, it seemed. He wasn’t too keen to stand on it, though, and so Trick crouched down even further, grabbing both sides of the path with his hands and sliding cautiously out onto it. He made it forward a few feet before the path ran out in front of his hands – there was a moment of panic until he realized it had turned to the right. He shifted himself cautiously, continuing on, hoping that the path would actually lead him to the door.

He shuffled along laboriously in this way, up until he finally found himself in front of the door. The path widened out slightly in front of the door, much like his little island at the start. Trick stood up slowly, cracking his knuckles and twisting to loosen his back.

Trick put his hands on his hips, staring at the new door that was now across from him. “You’ve been a real pain in the ***, haven’t you?” he said under his breath, reaching in his coat and drawing his gun. No telling what was beyond. His amusement had died along the path, and now he was sincerely hoping he would get to meet his host soon. He had so many things he wanted to show him. Trick smiled to himself, and with a breath he slammed the door open, bringing up his pistol to meet whatever was on the other side.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 4th January 2012, 8:44 pm

As Trick slams the door open, throwing up his gun, he finds himself walking into quicksand, tugging him down almost instantly and drowning his form up to his elbows. There are no nearby brushes or objects to hold and pull him out, and if he's lucky, he hasn't lost his gun, yet...

Already, a little, thin, and frail looking girl steps forward with blue hair and eyes and speaks with a soft, timid voice as he struggles to stay up for a few seconds.

"Ujm dbq ybxn, lqhxythlmj? T zuh rm dbqj gjtmna, gbj U kjtzm." The small voice says meekly.

The voice almost seems to chuckle as one of the trees come alive, a face pulling away from the bark to reveal what appears to be some sort of nymph. It speaks with a voice that sounds like a mixture of many whispers:

"Uc, tn xmmpx nb rm xqzc U cujpymxx zjmunqjm. Amgthm gjtmna."

Now, all of the trees around Cosmo are becoming tree-like nymphs, speaking simultaneously to her as other wildlife creatures come to her location, surrounding her completely.

[ATTN: Joseph]

As Joseph says the word, the wall opens up to reveal a black room, with the exception of a large, glass tube within one of the wall's panels. Inside the water filled tube is a woman, eyes closed, as her hair and clothing appear to float weightlessly in the water.

The water is still, as is the woman, who may or may not be alive. A small inscription is underneath:

Xctiu vtxcmx nb xymmk,
Rqn xcbqya cmj xyqprmj emmk,
Ncm 'Cmuymj' atmx.
Tg dbq vuem cmj,
Dbq vtyy atm.

[ATTN: Kyrie]

Kyrie finds herself in a room that is identical to the room that Joseph is in, black walls, water tube with a woman, inscription, and all. What she is unaware of is that Joseph is just in the room right next to her. The words for her inscription, however, are a little different:

Xctiu vtxcmx nb xymmk,
Rqn xcbqya cmj xyqprmj emmk,
Ncm 'Jtlcn Cuha bg Amunc' atmx.
Tg dbq vuem cmj,
Dbq vtyy atm.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 4th January 2012, 9:43 pm

[ATTN: Girl]

Trick yelled in surprise as his legs suddenly sunk in an instant, throwing him off balance. He somehow lost his grip on his gun, and it landed down in the sand at his side. He lunged for it, but he was already waist deep in sand, and the gun had instantly sunk down into the sand, just out of his reach.

Trick cursed loudly - the sand was already up to his elbows. He spun as well as he could as he heard a voice in a strange language, and saw an eerie little girl just standing on top of the quicksand. Not possible - but he had no time to think about that. If she could stand on quicksand, maybe she could pull him out, no matter her slight figure.

Trick kept his arms up high, trying to keep them free. He leaned forward as far as he could, the sand all the way up to his armpits, and reached for the girl. "Help me," he said. No time for pride - that didn't matter, this was life or death. "Please help me here, **** it, can you even understand me? I swear if you help me I will repay you however you wish."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th January 2012, 12:21 am

When the door opened, Joseph walked into the room. The first thing he noticed was the woman floating in the tank, then the inscription.

"Well," he said with a smirk, "it seemed I was right about the writer having a woman..."

With a wave of his hand, he immediately floated the the mists back up with the cipher, guessing at letters he had yet discovered and noting them once they were right. The message proved to be an alarming one.

"Shiva?" he questioned. "I thought that was some four-armed Hindu god of violence or something. She doesn't look like a four-armed death dealer."

It spoke of someone called "The Healer," though, and that this person would die if Shiva wasn't awoken. But if he did so, he would die. How did he resolve that one...?

"Waitaminute..." he said, putting a hand to chin in thought. "I'm an Angel of Death! I can't die!"

Then he thought about it. There had been a couple of times since taking on the role of a Death Angel that his physical form had sustained mortal wounds. Each time, he had become the Airtasm, and when he reverted later, the wounds were gone and he was fine. He had always pondered whether there was a limit to this.

Further, his first big battle as Airtasm had nearly destroyed his soul. So in essence, maybe he could die, after all.

He snapped his fingers as a thought occurred to him. It said if he specifically woke her up, that he would die. But was there another way to wake her up? One that wouldn't be him directly doing it?

He had a thought: what if he awoke her as the Airtasm, then quickly reverted back to himself. Airtasm and Joseph weren't necessarily one and the same. But would that little technicality save him? He's rather not bet his life on that.

He looked around. There was nothing else in the room that even hinted at a way he might cause that tube to be shattered and the woman to be awoken. Worse, how much time did he have? The cryptic message didn't exactly say, "You have till you get driven insane by boredom!"

If he died as Joseph, he could live on as Airtasm, though he had fought hard to earn his life back and didn't want to lose it so easily.

He sighed. "Whoever you are," he said, "there will be a reckoning."

Immediately, mists rose up around him, swirled rapidly, then dispersed. A tall wraith-like man stood where the shorter Joseph had been. A heavy gray hood rested on his shoulders, a tattered cape coming off it in the back, dark brown wrappings adorned his forearms all the way up to his hands, and dark metallic boots that stopped at his upper shins were the only thing that relieved the black of the clothing that adorned the rest of his body. Behind the hood, covering everything but his eyes, was a wrap of the same heavy gray cloth, but aside from that, everything above the cloth was wrapped in the deepest darkness, save his eyes. His pupil-less white eyes glowed with an eerie otherworldly light. His body was thin--almost emaciated--but well-defined and mists swirled and floated around his feet, obscuring them.

"Now..."

His voice boomed like the hounds of h*ll, seemingly coming from nowhere and everywhere, power radiating from it. He threw out his right hand and the mists converged upon it, elongating until in his hand rested a dual scythe. He stood before the glass, ready to attack it and do battle with whatever other-worldly force that would come to lay claim to his life once the die had been cast.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 5th January 2012, 7:01 am

Kyrie tenses as she enters in her black room. She puts her hand on her blaster and holds it out in front of her. She creeps forward slowly, hoping this isn’t one Prescott’s tricks. “A…Anyone there?” She calls out. Then she sees it in, almost imbedded in the wall of the room. It is a tube filled with water, and there is a beautiful woman inside. She puts her hand on the tube. There she sees the inscription. Not again…She unclips her communicator once again, hoping that the code is the same.

shiva wishes to sleep
but should her slumber keep
the 'right hand of death dies
if you wake her, you will die.

Now this…This sounds like something Lotor would dream up. Her life for another and the choice is mine. She looks around the room, not seeing a way out. She sighs and paces in front of the tube. Mishca always said she was too self sacrificing, but usually it was the lives of people she knew on the line. This time it was some stranger, the right hand of death.

People are scared of death, but it isn’t always a bad thing. Death is a part of life after all. She looks up at the tube. Goodness if the guys knew what she was considering, they would all tackle her. She laughs as she imagines that.

She takes out her blaster, her mind made up. She pauses and looks up. Mom, Dad, I will see you soon. She holds up the blaster, sets it at the highest output, pointing it at the tube… Four… Three… Two… One. She closes her eyes as she depresses the trigger.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th January 2012, 11:08 am

[Attn: Open, Kyrie?]

Airtasm swung and the blades of his dual scythe cut through the air silently, making the barest fraction of sound as they sliced into the tube. However, at exactly the same moment that his blade sliced the tube, so, too, was there the concussive force of a blast hitting it from the opposite side.

No matter, he had committed himself to this action and would see it through. He sliced the glass open on his side effortlessly as the blast obliterated the other side. His job done, and as the water poured out, he glided to the back of the room in a dark corner and became all but invisible save for the glowing, menacing eyes, awaiting the price that must be paid.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 5th January 2012, 2:22 pm

The tiny girl smiles, reaching out her hand to Trick's, sweetly offering him a way out with a look of innocence upon her face. As his hand takes hold of hers, she pulls him out with what looks like little to no effort at all. She drags him out of the expansive pool of quicksand, out onto the flat grounds. This time, she speaks in his tongue.

"You speak an odd language," The tiny girl says meekly, "but it will do. I'm not supposed to help the travelers that are lost here, not at all, but now that I am involved, you'll owe me. Feel better now? You must press on. If you're in one room for too long, you'll surely die."

[ATTN: Joseph, Kyrie]

The lady's eyes open as the glass shatters around her, attack from both sides, as it were. Her body remains in the air for the briefest of moments until she falls onto the glass underneath her. She now stands in a doorway between the two occupied rooms, the floor giving way to frostbite the moment that her feet meet its surface.

She remains still as the frostbite spreads outwardly, reaching out and spreading onto the walls. The air becomes freezing, the breathing of the three creatures now becoming visible before their faces.

Shiva speaks with a cold voice, a cold tone: "You would disturb my slumber? It was meant for only one being to die. I shall not murder both of you. As such, you should both either fight together or fight each other. Make your choice."

Shiva speaks calmly, not sounding angry or anything of the sort. She sounds almost amused, if anything. She backs away from the entrance and into the healer's room, giving way for the two to see each other, as well as interact.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 5th January 2012, 2:23 pm

Cosmo watches at the trees all transform around her. Surely a sight to behold as their bark to to the facial forms of nymphs. Still she felt unsettled. Then they spoke, their whispers eerie but somehow gentle. She is at rest for only a moment. Their cryptic language, she knows it somehow. Innately perhaps. In any case, they spoke and she deciphered.

Ah, it seems to me such a harmless creature. Define friend.

Wild creatures took up position around her, some familiar, some not. One she notes is a wolf, another being a deer and the next a black bear. She approaches them all and puts the deer gently first, next scratching the wolf around the head area. The smile on her face projects her warmhearted manner as she moves out, individually playing with each animal, even the more dangerous ones. By whistling in a way that her friend Viper taught her, she was able to charm a snake. She knew most of these animals thought they appear a bit...differently on Omnivia.

"A friend," she says, "It's someone you care about. Even the animals and plants."

Holding her hands over a small flower, she projects her charging Photon again, showering it with light similar to the solar which it requires. She giggles as the flower reacts then turns her attention to the tree nymphs.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th January 2012, 2:36 pm

[Attn: Shiva, Kyrie]

As the woman backed away into the other room, Airtasm's eyes fade away and Joseph walked forward. He would not reveal who he was if it was avoidable, but if this woman of ice meant him harm, he could return to Airtasm in the barest fraction of a second.

He walked cautiously forward. "You admit it's murder," Joseph said bluntly. "Why threaten us in the first place? Why must we fight?"

He looked across to see a young woman. "Are you the Healer?" he inquired. "Well, you seem nice--as evidenced by whatever you broke the glass with on your side--so at least I know I sacrificed my life for someone worthwhile. But, I won't fight you, if it comes to it. So, I guess that means we have to fight together?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 5th January 2012, 5:06 pm

{Attn: Shiva, Joseph, Open}

Kyrie hears the glass shatter. She swallows hard and slowly opens her eyes. She lowers her blaster and stands ready for whatever is to come. She sees a hint of a shadow move as the glass falls. Shiva's eyes suddenly open.

Shiva stays in the air for the briefest of moment before her feet touch the ground. Kyrie watches as ice appears on the floor and spreads throughout her room quickly. Soon her can see her breath. She rubs her arms trying to stay warm.

Shiva then speaks her voice as cold as the air around them. Kyrie raises her eyebrow raises. "Both of us? I was the one that shot the tube with my blaster?" Shiva steps into her room and she sees the other walk forward.

Kyrie's eyes open widely when the new person calls her a healer. She has kept her abilities secret, then she remembers the inscription. "You don't look like someone who can be classified as 'right hand of death'. Please do me a favor and don't tell anyone about the healer thing, just call me Kyrie. So either one of us dies or we work together? Well together it is then."

She looks over at Shiva. "So what is our challenge?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 5th January 2012, 5:16 pm

[ATTN: Girl]

The girl grabbed him one-handed, dragging him all the way out of the quicksand and onto solid ground. Trick pulled his hand back slowly, alarmed. There was something deeply wrong here. He had known that, of course, ever since he had awoken, but it hadn't hit home until now.

Trick looked back towards the quicksand longingly. Fat lot of good his spare bullets were now. Trick turned back around quickly as the girl spoke, and he couldn't suppress a shudder. 'A strange language?' What was that supposed to mean? She didn't know it, yet she had already could speak it?

"Thank you," Trick said warily, wishing he had his gun back. He didn't feel so great about being in this chick's debt now. "Well," he said, unsure of what to say. "Uh, in that case, I should go on," he finally said, wanting to be out of there. The girl was giving him the creeps. He scanned the room quickly, finding the door and running up quickly to it. He reached down, grabbing one of his boot knives and pushing the door open, more cautiously this time.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th January 2012, 5:27 pm

[Attn: Kyrie, Shiva]

Joseph grimaced when she said "Right Hand of Death." She must've had the exact same inscription on her side of the wall. "Well, Kyrie, you keep that Death stuff to yourself, and I'll oblige you the same courtesy," he told her with an uneasy chuckle.

He nodded at her affirmation that they'd work together. "You wouldn't happen to be able to tell us why we're here, would you?" he asked this Shiva person.

He looked at Kyrie and wondered why she looked like she escaped from a Cosmic Fantasy game. Was she from another time? Or was she an actress for tv show?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 5th January 2012, 5:47 pm

Femaust awakens to a dull pain in his side. Something isn't right but he just can't put his thoughts straight. Finally his sluggish mind makes him awaken and opens his eyes. The sight that greets him isn't the forest, not even his masters tower. Instead he finds himself somewhere completely different, a stone room with a fire burning in the fireplace.

This must be what Master must feel like when he dies and wakes up somewhere else Femaust thinks to himself, but wait I don't have a vessel waiting for me. Sitting up suddenly afraid he cries out in pain as the wound in his side cracks and starts bleeding afresh. That's right, the Boar he realizes as he clamps a hand over his side in the rent of his armor.

Peering around he notices several lumps... on beds... Then slowly with comprehension he realizes that they are people asleep. It would have to wait before exploring, for now he stripped off his armor and noticing his backpack at his bedside he fished around till he found his first aid kit. With much practice he cleans the wound, and biting his axe's handle stitches it shut. Groaning slightly he releases his axe, his jaw cramping now that his task is complete. Standing up out of bed he puts his gear back on and shoulders his backpack. Leaning over he attempts to wake another one of the sleepers, after a few tries he gives it up, perhaps they are under some magical slumber.

Walking to the end of the room past the numerous beds, he pauses in the door, then turns around and grabs the torch nearest him from the sconce on the wall. Then with a light he continues past the door into an odd room filled with many doors of truly bizarre manufacture. Several of the doors seem to shine an odd yellow color. Upon closer examination he realizes through touch and the faint hint of energy that they are some kind of barrier. Focusing he places his hand on the cool surface of the marble archway and attempts to disperse it, ground it to the floor, or shift the door archway itself. His attempt is forcefully rebuffed as he is thrown backwards through another door. Flailing for purchase his hand cuts itself on the wireframe before he vanishes into oblivion.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 5th January 2012, 6:35 pm

The nymphs gasp with surprise with each other, all moving and shifting to look at each other with pleasant surprise and interest, as the animals are so accepting to the lively, kind creature. They smile pleasantly, then and speak more:

"And what," They say, switching to her language, "Does that make us? Are we your friends?"

[ATTN: Joseph, Kyrie]

Shiva blinks slowly, moving none of her body, but remaining in her icy corner, where ice blocks are now forming around her slowly, building up at an alarming rate around her as she speaks with them, answering Joseph's questions.

"I do not threaten," Shiva states calmly, "I merely warn. Things are as they must be, and as a task manager, I must fulfill my role and follow the rules. This is the way of things.

I am your challenge, your purpose for being is that you must face all challenges and either die or succeed and live to face your next challenge."

Shiva finishes speaking as a wall of ice surrounds her body and her body appears to be frozen. Within seconds, however, the ice shatters, sending ice shards towards the two within moments as her arms stretch outwards with the force of her reign.

The girl giggles, her body bending over forwards in laughter as it grows in volume. She looks back up after a fit of it, still chuckling, and her eyes are truly merry and happy. She holds out his gun, hanging from her index finger, as she tilts her head to the side with interest. She stands on the other side of the quicksand, now, as the puddle of goop seems to have moved between the two.

"You weren't going to leave without this....were you?" The little child asks sweetly?

[ATTN: Femaust]

As the being falls into barbed archway, the yellow barrier shoots up around him, where he finds himself in nothing but flat grasslands, where the grass is short and the area is identical in each direction. The archway seems to come from nowhere--just standing there as if someone had taken the building it was once connected to and removed it.

The sky is a plain blue, no clouds or sun visible in the sky, though it is very well lit as if it is day. Due to the lack of a sun and the strange surroundings, there is no way to tell the difference between north, south, east, or west.

It seems, however, as though there are several patches of grass that almost look fake, littered about the grasslands around him. Perhaps he'll find his way in here...or maybe he won't.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top