Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarrice Kingdom

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sarrice Kingdom - Page 3 Empty Sarrice Kingdom

Post by JerriLeah7 4th May 2012, 3:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

This southeastern Kingdom is ruled by Prince Tarren, a young lad who has only just begun with his responsibilities on the throne. He, too, lives in the country's capitol city, and is generally called upon by many women with royal bloodline in hopes for a marriage to gain a King and Queen, rather than only have a Prince.

This kingdom is far warmer than it's northern counterpart, as well as less prevalent in their naval power, due to the frequent tsunamis on its eastern border. Few live in the region due to the massive amount of repetitive damage that is taken to the area, and so is usually called the "Abandoned Waters."

The sun shines this Saturday morning, but his hidden by thick rain clouds that threaten to fall upon the Kingdom very soon.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Sarrice Kingdom - Page 3 Empty Re: Sarrice Kingdom

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2012, 12:29 am

[Attn: Ryla]

The lifeless eyes regarded her. "Sorry to disappoint," he said quietly. "I only play for money when my resources are low and I need to restock my supplies."

At Joshua's words, he shrugged. "If that is what you wish to do," he said in answer.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 20th May 2012, 8:28 pm

(ATTN : Lark)

''I'm not dissapointed, just kinda sad. I mean with the talent you have you could go so far !! And might make enough money to never fear when your next meal will be or where you'll sleep. It would surely far more enjoyable travel then what you're living now... which look harsh to go through.'' Ryla told him looking actually worried. Which was odd of her, since normally she's always so cheerful.

''Indeed, I think Ryla's word are correct. I didn't see you play, but when she see something that passion one said person, she's sad when they sound like giving up. And seeing how you've been living I too think that no one deserve this. Surely a young boy like you deserve a better life.'' Josuah added, looking concerned himself.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2012, 8:31 pm

[Attn: Joshua, Ryla]

Lark shrugged. "It's a life," he said with no more concern than for the weather, "I live it."

He finished the food before him. "May I go to this room, now?" he inquired.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 20th May 2012, 8:39 pm

Ryla really wondered what happened to this guy in order for him to be this way. ''S-sure ! Feel free to ask for more paper if need be. I'll get to cleaning your clothes and making small repairs if need be.'' She said with a warm smile.

''And I'll get back to my office for some work. Thanks for the meal Ryla.'' Joshua said with a smile to her before turning to Lark ''And I hope you'll get some nice rest.''

Ryla nods and take lark's hand and with her free hand, she take the papers and the pen on the table. A flash happen again this time though showing... someone ?.... seemed blurry though and she couldn't make anything of it so she just went on. ''This way !!'' Ryla exclaimed guiding him there.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2012, 8:43 pm

[Attn: Joshua, Ryla, Open]

Lark again found himself being dragged. He didn't understand this girl's need to keep grabbing hold of him. Especially in this instance as he was obviously willing to follow. Whatever...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 20th May 2012, 8:46 pm

When they got there, Ryla opened the room and smiled saying ''TADA !!!'' It was a simple room enough with some furniture and a double bed*. ''This will be your home while you stay around here !'' If he goes on the bed he'll notice it's really comfortable.

(*Think of hotel kind of bed*)
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2012, 8:51 pm

[Attn: Joshua, Ryla]

He looked around the room absently. It was obvious they were going for a homey feel, maybe they even had succeeded. He didn't know or care. It was just a room, and he'd only be here long enough to get his clothes cleaned and mended, get a new pair of boots, and restock on provisions.

He walked over to the bed and sat down on it. It was obviously designed for comfort, and in another lifetime, he'd have been happy about that. As it stood, it was just a place to sleep.

"Thanks," he said with empty politeness. "I'd like to be alone, now, please."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 20th May 2012, 9:09 pm

''You're welcome and sure thing. You must be tired.'' Ryla said with a warm smile. ''Sleep well.'' She said going out of the room and closing the door. ''Mm... I guess I could go take a little glimpse at what I found this morning~'' She thought walking toward her lab.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 20th May 2012, 9:25 pm

[Attn: Open]

As soon as he could no longer hear her footsteps, he laid down on the bed. However, he wasn't tired, so he sat back up and looked around the room. Seeing the window, he walked over to it, opened it, and looked out. The night rhythms of the city had begun and he could hear them. The mirrored the melody he had written along the wall earlier in the day.

He nodded as the thought occurred to him. Now would be an excellent time to test out the melody. He stuck his head out of the window. The house was brick, but the roof wasn't too far away from the window.

He climbed out of the window, standing in the windowsill. With a loud stomp, he converted the sound to kinetic energy for an extra bounce to his leap and grabbed the roof easily. From there, he kicked off the wall and flipped himself over onto the roof. Sitting up and balancing, he climbed to the rooftop's highest point. He pulled out his flute and began playing.

The melody was intricate, complex, and infinitely heartbreaking. It permeated the air and seemed to express a sorrow so deep, that any within earshot were moved to tears. An intense melancholy descended on the area as the beautiful, sorrowful melody rent the air.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 20th May 2012, 9:35 pm

{Attn: Open}

Kaimele drinks her tea by the fire place and enjoys the peaceful quiet. If she was still at home she would be fighting off her brothers. “Grandma, I must tell you that I love it here. Now please let me help you to bed.”

Grandmother stands up. “Thank you Kaimele dear. I am happy to have you here too, but you need to find your own happiness.”

“Grandma, I am happy, well at least I was. Who knows after today, I cannot be Clementina again that is for sure.” Kaimele helps her grandmother to her bed then goes back to the fire. The dancing thing was getting old anyway. She can always start new in a different city. Then she will have to live on her own. That will be scary, but may be necessary. She puts the fire out and goes to bed herself. She wonders what the day will bring.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 21st May 2012, 2:39 pm

(ATTN : Open, Lark)

Ryla arrived to her lab and took out a box before unlocking it. She was amazed on how this stone was shiny even after being buried into the ground for so long. It was in fact shining a bit in fact. Maybe it was an unknown artifact ? If so, the boss surely would congratulate her. Then again it was a sample that she found first. Which led her to make various experiment on it to see how it would react to some substances or thing. It was rejecting some substances making them blow out like bullets and startling her. At the sight of the damage in her lab she scratched the back of her head. ''Hmm.. Maybe I should stop before I destroy everything here...This thing is defenetly magical though mm...''

It was then that she started to hear.... music ? Going up the stairs she went to Lark's room, opening it and seeing he wasn't there. The window was opened and she tried to see where he was to notice it was coming from the rooftop. The music was so sad though, it made her feel like her chest was tight... Like she could truly feel the sadness from it. Without even noticing, tears went down her eyes. ''W-why am I crying ?....'' She rubbed her eyes a little bit in hopes to make it stop but more came down.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 21st May 2012, 4:05 pm

[Attn: Ryla, Open]

The night air echoed the lonely melody as Lark drew it to a close, holding the last note for a seeming eternity. He took a breath and tore into the next melody. It was called "The Unquiet Grave." It actually had lyrics that could be sung to it, reflecting the story about a young woman who had lost her love and mourned him relentlessly on his grave until he appeared to her. She wanted to be with him so much that she wanted to leave the living world and be with him. He dissuaded her from it, telling her to mourn no longer. It was a beautiful story, melancholic.

However, in Lark's hands, the song was even sadder than normal. It danced through the streets filling the air with a melancholy so thick it was almost palpable.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 22nd May 2012, 8:12 am

The girl approaches the house, a look of sadness on her face. Her pale hair and skin seems to reflect with a bluish hue from the moonlight as the wind lightly blows her hair from her face and the white, long gown at her feet. She listens to him play, looking up with almost an empty expression in her green eyes. THen, after a bit of his playing, she begins to sing in a sweet, smooth, and sorrowful tune:

"Oh don't you see the fire sweetheart
The fire that burns so blue
Where my poor soul tormented is
All for the love of you
And if you weren't my own sweetheart
As I know you well to be
I'd rend you up in pieces small
As leaves upon a tree

Mourn not for me my dearest dear
Mourn not for me I crave
I must leave you and all the world
And turn into my grave
"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 22nd May 2012, 8:24 am

[Attn: Ryla, Open]

Lark perked an eye open as he heard someone singing to the tune. The voice was beautiful and as sorrowful as his own playing. As he finished the melody, he lowered his flute and his empty eyes regarded her, sitting quietly.

After a moment, the girl turned and began walking away. He had expected her to have something to say like the dancer and the idiot under this roof. He lifted his flute back to his lips and began playing. A tune called "Bitter Boy." About a woman who fell in love with a boy who couldn't fully return her affections and thus broke her heart.

No sooner had he begun playing then the girl had returned and began singing along, yet again. She apparently knew the words to this one, as well. On it went through the night as Lark kept playing and she singing along. If the song had lyrics she sang them, if not, she matched the song vocally. The night stayed filled with beautiful sorrow.

EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd May 2012, 5:50 pm

Kaimele wakes up the next morning at dawn break. She’s always been a morning person. She prepares breakfast for her grandmother. After eating with her, she sets out do to the chores on the farm. Her grandmother works on the plants and flowers while she attends to the animals. Kaimele cannot help but incorporate some dancing in to her chores. She sighs because she knows she will not be able to dance in Essentia anymore.

Her grandmother approaches Kaimele with the goods for the market today. They have an agreement with the local grocer in the market. Kaimele inventories the cart and goes to town. The town is already abuzz with people. Kaimele sees a person putting up a poster. She catches up to the person just as he is done. There is a picture of Clementina with a reward notice. Kaimele takes the poster and reads it as she continues to the market.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 22nd May 2012, 8:25 pm

(ATTN : Lark, Mysterious voice?, Open)

Ryla couldn't believe how much pain Lark probably had inside to play something like this, yet she felt his pain through his music. Then came a beautiful feminine voice to match his songs. ''Where... ?!...'' She thought as she looked outside, but didn't see much in fact from her angle. ''aww I can't see ! '' Ryla whispered.

Although she couldn't help, but think it would be nice to make the boy smile eventually. Ryla aimed for that goal and went toward the laundry to clean his clothes. Ryla passed a good time of the night just cleaning his clothes, doing her best to make the colors shine again. Also she noticed a few parts being damaged or having some sewing giving up. Taking a needle and some tread, she quickly fixed that and eventually manage to make the clothes look almost like new again. Well except for some tore parts, which she couldn't do much about.

Still hearing the sad melodies, she went back upstairs, but more in the direction of her room and started to write on her diary.

Dear amazing diary !

Here are the news today ! First I found something SUPEEEEER amazing in the ruins, you would never believe it ! I think I found some kind of artifact ! T-then I was reminded there was a wedding and I was all like... WOOPSIE and stuff and went there asap like WHOOSh ! Y'know speed of the wind and stuff ?!

Oh, but there was a distraction on the way ! Like a super talented boy was playing music with this awesome dancer... erm... I'll just call her Tina ! Although that's not her real name... shhhh ! But yeah I danced with them and I dunno... something about this boy is just off the click y'know ? Like he had a thick wall blocking everything ! Yet, I eventually made it to the wedding to discover the master found me hot. Still I didn't say anything about that, so just forget that ! Also I'll have to ask the married couple if they.... did it already ! I feel like I totally saw something I shouldn't have. *gasp* Anyways yeah I pretty much ruined the wedding... woopsie me again.

See that dancer was there and I saw she was a healer and freaked out !!! Like yeah totally !! I'll have to apologize to her I believe... I kind of feel bad-ish ?

Oh and about the boy again you say ? Well I managed to convince him to stay at my place. I mean he's poor and look like he's always outside and and... okay I won't hide I want to know more about him... but he's so cold and empty it's scary ! I must help him hopefully to smile ! YESH I can do it !... WOAH didn't see the time ! Guess it's time to call it a day ! Bye d-....zzzz

As she wrote the last line, she litteraly fell asleep on it.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 22nd May 2012, 8:38 pm

"Lark, honey! Come on down! Your food will get cold!"

He got up immediately; mom's pancakes were the best! He sped down to the kitchen table where a steaming pile of flapjacks rested there, waiting for him, butter melting on the top. He quickly grabbed the syrup pitcher and slathered them on, then dug in. It was like heaven had entered his mouth.

"Thbbb buf, muvver!" he said around a large mouthful.

"Dear, I've told you not to talk with your mouthful!" came his mother's chiding voice, though amusement tinged it. "And you
are actually chewing your food, right?"

He swallowed. "Of course!" he exclaimed cheerfully. "Hey, mom, what are--"

His word died in his throat as he looked over to the form that was his mother. She was on fire and her skin was charring, but she stood as if there was nothing wrong.

"Careful, dear," said the charred corpse of his mother. "They're hot..."

His eyes popped open, only to squint as the sun blared down on him. He moved, then had to grip tightly as he suddenly started sliding down. He gauged his surroundings.

Memory instantly came to him. He was on the roof of that pushy girl Ryla. He had played the whole night long with that strange little girl singing along till sleep had overtaken him. Where had she gone...?

It was no matter, she was gone and that was that. He pocketed his flute, moved to the edge of the roof, peered over, found the window he'd come from, then dropped down, catching it. Pulling himself up, he clambered in and grabbed his belongings. He had errands to run.

He headed downstairs and out the door.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 23rd May 2012, 3:27 pm

(ATTN : Open)

Ryla snored on her desk till her uncle came to her room seeing how she wasn't up yet and time passed by. He shook her on the shoulder gently till she finnally hopened her eyes. ''Mmmmm.... Is it the time where I go to paradise of artifacts yet ?'' Ryla asked on a half sleepy tone.

''No, but perharps you should look out for your friend, he's gone. '' Joshua said with a soft smile.

''NO WAY !.... How could he go so soon without telling !'' Ryla got up and look determined ''I will find him !!!''

''Good then, have fun.'' Her uncle said, trying to keep a chuckle inside.

Ryla took her battle staff along with backpack and a few things. Then she was of- Or maybe not, she made a stop toward her lab and stopped to take the artifact. ''Aww... I guess I'll have to tell you bye soon. Here come into my nice backpack ! '' She told the sphere looking thing ?....

That done she was off, for real this time. Going straight to the guild to give the artifact, then she would probably make her own search on the girl.

*To Guild hall*
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd May 2012, 4:48 pm

"Son, I'm sorry, but you're gonna have to get new boots."

Lark's eyes sparked with specks of life at the news. "But...but..."

These had been a gift to him from his father. He had taken him to the cobbler and had him fitted.

"I'm sorry, son," the man said. "It's a miracle they've lasted as long as they have--shows they had a good maker. But between the obvious wear you put on your boots and the fact that your feet are two sizes too big--can tell at a glance--you're gonna need new boots."

The older man frowned worriedly as Lark's face became impassive and empty again. "I'm sorry, kid," he said again. "It's obvious they meant somethin' to ya--wish more folks had the proper respect like you--so I'll only charge you half price. How about it?"

Lark nodded. What choice did he have. Damn growth spurts. He sat down and cradled the worn boots to him like they were treasured gold as the cobbler measured his feet and got to work on a new pair for him.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 23rd May 2012, 10:37 pm

Kaimele continues down the street and comes across another poster. She tears this one down and looks at it. They posted a colored picture off Clementina and offered a reward for information. A young man watches her as she looks at the poster. “What do you think you are doing taking down my poster?”

Kaimele looks up at the man. “Just what has this woman done wrong that you are offering a reward?”

“The woman hasn’t done anything wrong, we are just need to speak with her.” The young man answers. “Why do you know who she is?”

“I think everyone in town knows of her. She loves to dance for the people after all.” Kaimele answers. “Why do you need to speak with her?”

“Let’s just say we do. And don’t worry we will treat her real good.” The young man smiles at Kaimele.

“Well if you want to get in touch with her, I hear she had a box at the letter office. You may want to try her there.” Kaimele discloses. She doesn’t like the feeling she is getting from the man.

“Well thank you young lady.” He digs in his pockets for some silver pieces. He hands them over to her. “For your trouble.”

Kaimele shakes her head. “No, thank you. I am fine.”

The man takes her hand and sets the silver in it. “I insist. Someone as beautiful as you deserves compensation.” He does not give her a chance to refuse and walks away.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 24th May 2012, 7:12 am

The new boots were well made and very comfortable--but he'd have traded all of that for the ones now hanging from his right hand as he walked the streets. He had restocked the necessary supplies and it had only taken the morning. He could now think about moving on and away from that lunatic girl.

He decided to stop and eat first, however, before he went back to their house to collect his stuff. He chose a nice gyros joint and sat down, taking his time about eating.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 25th May 2012, 5:37 pm

As the man walks away from Kaimele, the small girl edges towards her lower body. She is less than four feet tall with jet black hair and icy blue eyes. Her skin is dark and the entire left side of her face is scarred with a burn mark from the past.

As her hand reaches up to pull on Kaimele's skirt, her sleeve drops to her elbow to reveal that her arm also has a similar scarring. The child looks sad as she tugs very lightly a few times before lowering her arm.

"Can you help me?" The child asks sweetly.

As he enters the gyros joint, he looks about at the crowd with a bit of an impatient expression on his face. The man is huge--overly tall and wide--so he had to duck and turn to the side to enter the building. His bald head is marked with a black tattoo, but it is difficult to make out the patterning from this angle.

He's also wearing black clothing, all clearly special made for his size--his shoes, no doubt, had the same specialty creation. The owner of the place looks up with wide eyes and the entire group hushes as he enters, awed by his enormous presence.

"An'body in 'ere lookin' fer good pay?" The big voice says, looking around. Still, everyone remains silent, as if they are scared to reply, "Ya know, an'body capable?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th May 2012, 5:48 pm

{Attn: girl}

Kamiele crinkles up the poster and puts it in her bag. It is then she sees a little girls tugging at her skirt. She looks closely at the girl seeing scarring of the past. He heart goes out to the girl. She bends down so she is eye level with the girl. “What can I help you with sweetie?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 25th May 2012, 5:53 pm

Lark finished his gyros. He hadn't really been focusing on the taste, just paying tribute so his stomach would shut up. That had been his mother's phrase. She had a whole bookful of sayings.

He heard the man come in and start talking and saw the reactions of the people around him, but paid it no mind. He wiped his mouth with a napkin, left his money on the table, then got up to leave, walking by the man without a word toward the exit.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 25th May 2012, 5:58 pm

The girl smiles sweetly, hope rising up into her eyes. She's missing a front tooth, and the dark gap in her tooth adds to the sweet innocence of her countenance. She opens her tiny palm, the other that had not tugged on Kaimele's skirt, and reveals a crumpled piece of paper with sloppy handwriting on it.

"My mommy is dying," The girl says sadly, "but daddy says if I get these medicines, she might live for a little longer. I can't read, miss. I can't read. The medicine man at the shop won't give me the medicines for free."

With this last part, her tone slips into desperation as tears stream down her face, as if she feels herself a failure from all of the circumstances.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top