Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarrice Kingdom

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sarrice Kingdom - Page 2 Empty Sarrice Kingdom

Post by JerriLeah7 4th May 2012, 3:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

This southeastern Kingdom is ruled by Prince Tarren, a young lad who has only just begun with his responsibilities on the throne. He, too, lives in the country's capitol city, and is generally called upon by many women with royal bloodline in hopes for a marriage to gain a King and Queen, rather than only have a Prince.

This kingdom is far warmer than it's northern counterpart, as well as less prevalent in their naval power, due to the frequent tsunamis on its eastern border. Few live in the region due to the massive amount of repetitive damage that is taken to the area, and so is usually called the "Abandoned Waters."

The sun shines this Saturday morning, but his hidden by thick rain clouds that threaten to fall upon the Kingdom very soon.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Sarrice Kingdom - Page 2 Empty Re: Sarrice Kingdom

Post by HikariKuragari 16th May 2012, 10:12 pm

(ATTN : Lark)

Ryla was pushed slightly by something and she blinked, not knowing what it was. He seemed to be listening this time. ''Oh sorry if I did intrude your personal space, just that you weren't giving any answers !'' She said cheerfully.

''Well erm, as I was saying you may want to write this on paper, you could come to my place if you wish for some and seeing how your clothes are pretty messed up, maybe my uncle would have something that would fit you. And... you could take a bath too, since y'know they're nice ! ... what do you say ?!'' Ryla was eagerly waiting for an answer.

HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th May 2012, 10:30 pm

[Attn: Ryla]

He wore an unreadable expression as he looked at her. Why was she being so persistently nice? What was in it for her? He didn't bother to tell her that he remembered any musical composition that he saw or heard so he didn't actually need to write it down.

"I have a place to stay," he said finally.

It wasn't exactly a lie. He had seen a hollow tree back in the forest earlier that would serve as a good place for rest, maybe even a makeshift house for a little while. Hands in his pockets he walked past her, unable to get by her easily without touching her once or twice.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 16th May 2012, 10:46 pm

''A place to stay?!'' He passed her without being able of not touching her, which revealed something blurry, like some hurtfull memory. ''Look I don't believe the place you stay at is in a house. And all I want is to help you, you should accept the help when people are being nice. C'mon !'' Ryla said grabbing his arm and starting to walk.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th May 2012, 11:01 pm

"H--hey!" he protested. "I said I'm fine! Are you even listening?!"

How had he gotten himself into this...?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 17th May 2012, 4:23 pm

(ATTN : All, Kaimele)

Members of the Sheherazade guild were splitting up searching in the whole town for the dancer who just had been discovered being a healer by Ryla. She surely would be cornered at some point, although, with her current appearance... it could be hard to find her. Will they or will they not find her ? That is the question.

(ATTN : : Lark)

''Uncle I'm home !!!'' Ryla exclaimed as she came in dragging the younger teen with her.

''Welcome back Ryla, weren't you at the wedding today ?'' He asked wondering.

''I was ! But stuff happened and I found this boy named Lark ! Think we can help him ? '' She said with a big smile.

''Goodness, this young man sure need quite a few things. And of course we can help him, but first let me introduce myself. I am Joshua, pleased to meet you Lark.''

Last edited by HikariKuragari on 18th May 2012, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th May 2012, 5:19 pm

[Attn: Joshua, Ryla]

She had dragged him the entire way. He finally gave up resisting and just relented. If she wanted to be a fool and give him shelter for free for the night, who was he to refuse. He'd be gone by the next day, anyway.

His empty eyes regarded this Joshua apathetically. "Lark," was all he said.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 17th May 2012, 5:28 pm

{Attn: Open}

Kaimele’s heart is racing as she walks through the town. She just knows they are looking for her…ah Clementina that is. Out of the corner of her eye she sees one of the guests at the wedding. She pulls the hood of the cloak over her head and rushes off in the opposite direction. She keeps an eye on the person as she goes. She crashes into another person. She lands on her butt, dropping her backpack. She looks up at the person she crashed into. “I am so sorry, are you alright?”
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 17th May 2012, 10:56 pm

''Welcome Lark. '' Joshua said with a smile to the boy. ''Well you must be wanting a bath to clean yourself. If you'd like I'll check into my clothes if there's something that fit you.''

''Yeah ! That would be awesome uncle ! '' Ryla said looking exited. ''Well follow me, I'll show you where the bath is. I can prepare a meal while you get yourself all clean again.''

''That would be great Ryla, I didn't eat yet.'' Her uncle said.

''You always eat so late uncle, you should be more careful.'' Ryla said on a carring tone.

''I'll be fine.'' He replied to her again as he walked into another room to search for clothes for the young man.

''Well this way Lark~'' She cheerfully said leading the way to the bathroom.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th May 2012, 10:59 pm

"I don't...need a bath," Lark said evenly. "My clothes are fine. I don't need any new ones."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 17th May 2012, 11:09 pm

''Well at least accept some exchange clothes while I clean those you have. Unless you want to walk naked in the house that is~ '' She said cheerfully as a joke. ''Although still you can keep the other clothes we'll give you as well to give those a small break sometimes. I hope I can make the color of these shine again though, but it won't be easy.'' Ryla said scratching the back of her head.

''As for the bath, yes you need one. Think of your health a bit and just take it !'' Ryla took his arm again to drag him upstairs where the bathroom was.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 18th May 2012, 12:11 am

He fought less when she mentioned that she was just going to clean the clothes. The way they had talked, he had thought they meant to be rid of them. These were the last clothes his mother had made for him, and he'd wear them for as long as he could. Hopefully, until the day he died.

When she carted him into the bath, he immediately began taking off his clothes, completely not caring that she was still in the room. He was wiry, but there was a tone to his body that were obvious signs of a dancer's body. A burn scar was on his shoulder, as well as another long gash across his lower left abs that was unmistakably a knife scar. Other little silvery scars dotted him at random areas, almost completely gone from age, but revealing a once rough and tumble boy.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 18th May 2012, 11:04 pm

Seeing how he didn't mind following this time, she brought him to the bathroom and said ''Hold on, I'll adjust the water temperature...'' Ryla approached the bath to do so, when Lark started to literally undress right away which made her stop looking at what she was doing to look at him. She couldn't help but stare for a full minute, also taking notes of various things and being curious how some scars got there. The young man sure was appealing and she just hoped he wouldn't take it bad that she stared. Ryla just couldn't help it.

It was then that she gasp as she forgot about the water and it was a bit too hot, so she opened the cold water further. ''Well erm this should be a good temperature. You just have to close the water when you feel there's enough. Have fun~'' Ryla said cheerfully passing by him as she added ''By the way nice body !~ Just saying.'' She was almost outside, but stopped again. ''Oh and I'll come to leave some of my uncle clothes to you. Since I'll be able to clean yours only after dinner! Well have fun !'' With this she closed the door to leave him alone and still couldn't believe he just stripped like that. Maybe he was more eager then she thought to take a bath ?

HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 18th May 2012, 11:27 pm

[Attn: Ryla, Open]

Lark was unfazed by her minute-long stare. As soon as she was out of the way, he walked to the tub and got in. Sitting back and leaning his head against the wall, his muscles started relaxing. Knots he hadn't known had built up during all that time on the road released. It was all moot to him.

They had had a bathhouse, he remembered having to stoke the fires to get it nice and hot. He would soak for hours on a lazy day before his mother would tell him to get out before he turned into a giant white prune. Sometimes he and his father would have a bath together and they'd get into splashing matches. His father always won, having had years more experience, larger muscles, and even larger hands.

He stood up and began washing himself briskly. There was no reason to stay in the water. He stepped out of the tub, toweled himself off, and put the clothes on that had been left for him.

Stepping out of the bathroom, he looked around without really seeing, hearing the rhythm of the house. In an instant, he found a piece of charcoal and began composing a new melody along the walls.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 19th May 2012, 1:51 pm

(ATTN : Open, Lark)

Ryla went downstairs to make the food while Lark was taking his bath. Although she did let out a small chuckle thinking back of what she saw there. Joshua was the one who got to the bathroom to give the clothes in the end as Ryla was too taken into making the food.

The meal would be some long noodles with various spices and vegetable in it as well as steak on the side. She thought the boy would need more then just meat and she was starving herself too... regardless of the giant ribs and little appetizers from earlier.

When it was all ready and on the table, she went to the bathroom to get Lark. It seemed that he was already finished since the door was opened. Ryla got inside seeing to her surprise that he was... writting music on her walls ?!... ''Woooah ! Stop that ! You got to stop writting on walls y'know ! Here lemme guide you to the kitchen, there's paper there.'' She said dragging him again.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th May 2012, 3:20 pm

He was pondering over the climax of the melody when suddenly he was jerked. Again. It was the idiot again. He pondered why she seemed to think he was a ragdoll, but by now he no longer cared. He just went along with it, letting her drag him.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 19th May 2012, 4:48 pm

Ryla brought him to the dinning room where plates were already on the table. She took some paper and a pen to handle it to him. ''Here you go, write your music on that instead.. And don't forget to eat while it's hot !!!''

With that she was already digging in and eating with the same bad manners as before. Her uncle, Joshua made it to the dinning room and smiled. ''Lark, I found you a couple of other clothes that may fit you. '' This one sat down on his chair right in front of the young man. ''You seem like you had your travel pretty rough. If you'd like you could stay here for a while or even as much as you like. ''

Ryla actually found the time to swallow before speaking and replied ''Yeah that would be like awesome ! Know that I think about it the whole guild like music and would pay a nice price to get a talented musician like you to keep their spirit up with the awesomeness of music !.... Would give you far more money then performing in the streets ! What do you say ?! '' She asked with a big smile.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th May 2012, 4:52 pm

He looked down at the paper and the instant he had it in his hands, he had dropped to the floor and begun writing the composition again, becoming completely engrossed in it. Their words washed over him unheard.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 19th May 2012, 5:02 pm

(ATTN : Lark )

''Mmm-mm-mm MM-MM !! '' Ryla exclaimed I guess ?

Joshua looked over her with a small glare and she did a sorry face.

Ryla Swallow and repeat herself. ''I said there he goes again ! Lark why on the floor though ?!''
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th May 2012, 5:06 pm

A dissonant chord to break up the monotony. A move down to a third, a rise to a sixth to give a false sense of completion. Then...

He shook his head. That wouldn't be right. The tonalities would conflict. Maybe a switch to Frigian mode...?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 19th May 2012, 5:12 pm

''Does he have... social issues ?...'' Joshua asked wondering.

''Kinda.'' Ryla said going to the young man. ''Hey !'' She exclaimed placing her hand on his shoulder. ''You should eat before it get cold. Then you can finish the music alright ?''
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th May 2012, 5:21 pm

Maybe a diminished inversion to complement...

He was pulled out of his composition writing when hands suddenly clapped him on the shoulder. He sighed inwardly. What did she want, now...?

He looked up at her and heard her words. Oh. Food. A familiar gurgling sound alerted him. He looked down to the composition, longing to finish it, but she'd only interrupt him again.

He stood up and pulled up a chair to the table and began eating.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 19th May 2012, 9:38 pm

Ryla smiled and replaced the paper beside him on the table. ''So as my uncle and me were saying while you went in trance into that music thing. You could stay here as long as you'd want, we have an extra room after all. As for making money you could always do little jobs for the guild, or rather play music to keep everyone's spirit high ! I mean that would gain you more money then just playing in the street and maybe you could get well known too ! '' She said to encourage him.

''Indeed, the guild could spread the word of your skills to the kingdom. Who knows maybe you would get your own show sometime ?'' Joshua stated with a smile.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th May 2012, 10:07 pm

Guild? Show? He had little interest in such things. However, far be it from him to accept free lodgings for a couple of days.

"I won't be in town that long," he said simply. "Just need to get a few supplies and I'll be on my way. But I'll accept the room for the day or two restocking keeps me here."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 19th May 2012, 10:17 pm

''Aww and here I thought you wanted to become a known musician or something to be well known and have more comfort in your life maybe.... Mmm... you sure about this Lark ? '' Ryla asked worried about him somehow.

''Well at best we can offer him to come here whenever he need to in his travels. What do you say of this Lark?'' Joshua said with a smile. ''You'll be welcomed in this house. As for staying a few days it's fine by me.''
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th May 2012, 11:55 pm

{Attn: Open}

The woman laughs at Kaimele. “You young people are so much in a hurry. Are you alright my dear?”

Kamiele stands up, not noticing that her purple wig has fallen out of her bag. She quickly runs from the town. She returns to her grandmother’s farm. She enters the house and walks into the living room. Her grandmother is sitting by the fire. “I didn’t expect you home until later, Kaimele.”

Kaimele collapses into the chair opposite her grandmother. “They found out I am a healer. What did you do grandmother?”

Kaimele’s grandmother shakes her head and looks at her. “Joining a guild is not the end of the world you know. They are like a family, they will protect you and make sure you have plenty of stuff to do. Who knows, you may find the man of your dreams there too.”

Kaimele shakes her head. “They are so single minded, and territorial. I want to travel the world grandma. They don’t know I hate using my healing. I don’t like the consequences. Remember when you had food poisoning. I was miserable. Why can’t they just leave me alone?”

Kamiele’s grandmother shakes her head. “Well sooner or later someone will find you, Kaimele. For your ability is a rare and very useful one. I only hope for your sake it is someone of good repute.”
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top