Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarrice Kingdom

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sarrice Kingdom - Page 11 Empty Sarrice Kingdom

Post by JerriLeah7 4th May 2012, 3:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

This southeastern Kingdom is ruled by Prince Tarren, a young lad who has only just begun with his responsibilities on the throne. He, too, lives in the country's capitol city, and is generally called upon by many women with royal bloodline in hopes for a marriage to gain a King and Queen, rather than only have a Prince.

This kingdom is far warmer than it's northern counterpart, as well as less prevalent in their naval power, due to the frequent tsunamis on its eastern border. Few live in the region due to the massive amount of repetitive damage that is taken to the area, and so is usually called the "Abandoned Waters."

The sun shines this Saturday morning, but his hidden by thick rain clouds that threaten to fall upon the Kingdom very soon.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Sarrice Kingdom - Page 11 Empty Re: Sarrice Kingdom

Post by HikariKuragari 27th June 2012, 6:17 pm

(ATTN : Lark, Open)

Ryla wanted to say more, but she stopped herself about it. She looked a bit sad as she thought ''Why can't I help him ? He once seemed such a sweet guy, yet now ... Somehow I wish I could bring back his parents to him... ''

She helped him with the work for some time and then got up. ''I-I'll go make breakfast...'' Ryla said as she went back into the house.

When Ryla got downstairs, she saw her uncle snoring in his chair with the mouth open and everything. She chuckled and resisted the urge of pinching those cheeks of his. She went toward the kitchen and started to make food for the three of them. The menu was pancakes and fruits. Cooking was making her feel better, even though she was still lost in deep thoughts. Make em'... come back...'' Her thoughts suddenly came into live speech ''OH I know !'' She exclaimed loudly.

''Having ideas on morning while cooking again are you ?'' Her uncle said as he came into the room.

''Sure am ! '' Ryla said cheerfully, her idea in head.

''Say, why is there noise on the roof ?...'' Her uncle asked as he just noticed.

''Lark is repairing it, although I did help a little it was time I started making breakfast.'' Ryla said bluntly still in the same cheerful tone.

''He is ? But I thought he... ''

''It's alright uncle.'' Ryla cut him. ''Well everything is ready, I'll go get Lark.'' Ryla ran off upstairs and called up to him. ''LAaaaark ! Breakfast is ready !!!''
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 27th June 2012, 6:45 pm

[Attn: Ryla, Open]

"You guys eat without me," he called back. "I'm working."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 27th June 2012, 7:45 pm

(ATTN : Lark )

''Aww c'mon a big boy like you need to eat, come on down ! You can continue after ! Don't you want to feel the love of pancakes melting in your mouth ?! '' Ryla exclaimed cheerfully.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 27th June 2012, 7:47 pm

[Attn: Ryla]

"It all tastes the same to me," he answered nonchalantly as he hammered. "Go eat with your uncle and be happy, unicorn girl."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 27th June 2012, 8:02 pm

(ATTN : Lark)

Ryla gave a pouts and a glare toward the roof and decided to go up there. ''C'mon ! '' She said taking his hand. By taking his hand, she had once again a flash that seemed to be sometime when his dad showed him how to work wood. His dad looked to be a fun person, or so she thought. ''You'll have all the time to continue after, but you need to eat properly and take some strenght. ''
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 27th June 2012, 8:04 pm

Lark sighed as he was drug along. "Not this again..." he said.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 27th June 2012, 8:14 pm

When they arrived to the kitchen, her uncle greet the man and smile. ''Good morning Lark, I've heard you're making repairs on our roof. It is much appreciated, please have a seat. '' He gently said and Ryla let go of Lark at this instant and go to her seat since the food was already served. ''Let's eat ! '' She cheerfully said, starting eating again on some not so graceful way.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 28th June 2012, 3:00 pm

[Attn: Jacob, Ryla]

Lark shrugged for response to Jacob's enthusiasm and began eating his food. Food had long since lost its taste. He could've been eating ashes for all it mattered. He ate his food in silence.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 29th June 2012, 5:32 pm

Ryla was eating her food on really bad manners again and had already taken in four pancakes like nothing. Still there was a lot more left.

''Mmm... SO GOOOD!!!'' Ryla exclaimed.

''Ryla I've told you tons of time, watch out the way you're ea-'' Her oncle didn't have the chance to say more that there was a loud knock on the front door. ''I'll be right back.'' He said getting up.

Her answer to that was a small pouts. Then turning back to Lark she said ''So Lark you love them ?... Oh and I had an awesome idea to cheer you up !... Might take some time though, but I'll do my best at it !''

Jacob comes back and look at Ryla with some intense stare. ''Lady, I believe you'll have to get to your guild. Perharps you forgot about it and someone was just sended to recall you about it.

''OHHHH !.... Right eheh, I totally forgot about this meeting. That's odd though, they normally never give meetings. Mmmm... Well I'll see. Even though I would have prefered to stay here and work on somethin. I guess it'll have to wait.'' She was a bit lost in her curiosity of what it could be.

''Good. Just making sure you won't arrive late to it like I've heard you did for the wedding. '' Jacob said with a sigh.

''Oh yeah... I was too much into digging stuff. But but ... I found an artifact ! Aren't I some awesome sauce ? '' She said looking happy.

''Right. '' He replied with a small chuckle. ''You should get ready for it and Lark feel free to stay as long as you'd like. ''

''Riiiight...'' Ryla replied not wanting to get ready.

Jacob gave her a look and she quickly got up stating ''Yes sir !'' And she was gone upstairs to change.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 29th June 2012, 6:00 pm

[Attn: Jacob, Ryla]

Lark ate, not acknowledging Ryla's query. He listened only half-heartedly as he finished what was on his plate. Once done, he got up without a word and went back to the roof and resumed his work.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 29th June 2012, 7:17 pm

(ATTN : Open, Lark)

Ryla changed into a pretty blouse and a knee long skirt. She brushed her hairs and brought them up into her usual two ponytails. In her backpack was still that loose suit she kept using, a helmet and a couple of other things. She was ready for a new day of adventure.

Running outside, Ryla looked back to see Lark upstairs and yelled ''I'LL BE BACK LATER !!! SEE YAA !!!''

She was off to her guild, the Sheherazade.

[Leaving Sarrice Kingdom tread toward Sheherazade]

HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 1st July 2012, 10:37 pm

"We have but a few hours, Kaime," Ruoh replies pleasantly, "Might I inquire as to what you enjoy doing on long trips? I'd most certainly like to succeed in keeping you entertained."

Ruoh spends the next few hours playing a few word games with Kaimele, as well as telling jokes--the few that he could remember. He also points out many, simple landmarks on their way, commenting on a memory or historical event from that location.

"....that large rock saved my life, once." Ruoh was saying, "There was a very large arrow coming at me--from a huge crossbow that was hinged into the ground! The thing was so large, it took several men to wench it! It was fascinating!

But yes, I didn't know the arrow was coming, as I was deafened and slightly blinded by the wild man's attack, thus I fell over behind that rock, which caught the giant arrow for me."
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 1st July 2012, 11:01 pm

After Ruoh asked his question, he kept Kaimele entertained with word games, jokes and stories. He points out a rock and tells the story about the rock. She studies him as he explains the crossbow. He seems so excited. It must be because of his background of working with his hands. She waits for him to finish. “So why Quinsenterra? A man of your multitude of talents will be welcomed in any guild.”
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 1st July 2012, 11:48 pm

Ruoh falls silent at Kaime's question. HIs head tilts and his eyes roll up to the roof of the carriage as he contemplates her question. He sighs outwardly as his shoulders slumps slightly. He doesn't mind the question--he's been asked many times--but it's just so difficult to answer!

"Well..." Ruoh says, "The majority of the other Guilds are about fighting and becoming stronger, as well as competition. Valoria, Walsh, and Rhodes are about competition and fame. Infinity Edge is about justice and crime fighting. Blazing Swords, which is pretty far away, is a very militaristic Guild, especially structurally so. Everyone knows about Dark Ascension....cutthroats and brigands are the general like.

Then, there's Ferrum Coordinator, which is a building and engineering Guild...they aren't quite prominent, but they are impressive. However, the forge and construction does not interest me in the slightest, though their progress and accomplishments are intriguing on their own.

Sheherazade are archaeologists--archaeology is fascinating, as well as an informing talent, but I can't say searching up the past is something that I am passionate about. I am more towards looking to the future.

And that leaves me with Quinsenterra. A group that can be, at its worst, very...aristocratic and narcissistic. However, at its best, it is very well mannered, which I come to appreciate, because there, all ladies are treated as they should be--with respect. As are gentleman. The level of refinement and decorum is quite pleasant.

And of course, the Guild has a deep appreciation towards art--they even offer certain art classes in different mediums, such as ballroom dancing, topiary, and sculpting. And...I'll be blunt...I truly believe that Quinsenterra would be best Guild for a healer.

Blazing Swords would place you in the medic tent for their mercenary groups and armies, probably working day and night to save those that can be saved....which might be very little, with the small wars that they start with their aggressive behavior.

Sheherazade will more likely study you--you're a rare find, Kaime, and I must say that Rex can tend to forget the people in someone if they seem more of an artifact to him. You'd become their new history project. I wouldn't want you to be treated that way.

Now, the more pleasant and calm guilds, such as Ferrum, where you'd be working for the Guild, they are all about production and advancement of technology. Don't misunderstand me-though your talent is amazing, it doesn't quite fit in with the cogs and gears of this Guild's goals and directions.

Then, don't get me started on Valoria, Walsh, or Rhodes...they're all about personal achievement, bravado, and other such fighting ambitions. They do help their communities, but they are more focused with barbarism and the glory of battle...which is the opposite of what any healer would need. I'm afraid your talent would be in such high demand, and possibly accelerate their reckless behavior.

Infinity Edge. They are a very civic minded guild, doing much for the people--which can, indeed, tie into you. Nonetheless, they're more proactive in their search and battling of criminals that you'd hardly be safe. They are generally bringing themselves into the attention of the worst of brigands...which a healer will certainly add to that attention and cause you to become a target....

And speaking of brigands, that brings us to Dark Ascension. An assassin Guild with a mysterious Guild Master whom no one knows or has met? Instead, they have a proxy from the Council. The very audacity that they hide their true face says multitudes about their Guild. Would you trust a man or woman that you never knew, nor their goals or intentions?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 2nd July 2012, 6:19 am

Kaimele blinks when she hears his blunt run down of all the guilds. She thinks for a moment. “You seem to have done your research, and knew my true intentions when I asked the question. I didn’t want to be a member of a guild. I am afraid that my ‘talent’ will be abused especially with the side effects.” She falls silent and nervously plays with a curl. “I am surprised there aren’t tensions between the guilds seeing that most are volatile and violent. I am also partially surprised that they have an assassin’s guild. Then again what better way to watch those types of actions?

Please tell me you brought an instrument with you. If so, may I as that you play something…anything upbeat and lively.”
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd July 2012, 6:24 pm

"As many are volatile and violent, as well as competitive, the Guild Masters are not--nor can they afford to be. They're all being heavily watched by the UMS Council. We all need to make a living here, but a war is not how to do that." Ruoh replies before pulling out a small violin.

"Will this instrument suffice?" Ruoh asks kindly.

[Exit to UMS]
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 3rd July 2012, 7:44 pm

(ATTN : Lark, Viciluso & Donovan)

Ryla came back toward her home in hurry seeing that that boy was still on the roof. ''LAAAAAAAAARK !'' She yelled out for him to look at her downstairs. Viciluso and Donovan seemed to be following though a bit further behind.

When they caught up she said ''You can come inside for a few minutes.''

''I'm coming !!!!!'' Ryla rushed all the way up on the roof to go and see Lark from up close. ''So like change of plan ! We're going on a rescue mission and you're coming with us ! We'll travel together isn't it great ?! Oh and and... you'll get paid of course ! '' Ryla said with a wink. ''Don't worry about the roof, there's enough material afterall my uncle should be able to call someone to help him, c'mon !!!''

This one had thought to hear Ryla come in and so he came by the door and saw some kind of beast with another man. ''Who might you two be ?....'' He asked, curious.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd July 2012, 7:49 pm

[Attn: Ryla, Open]

Lark barely avoided hitting his thumb, again, as he suddenly heard the idiot calling for him. He sighed.

He was about to tell her to take her "mission" and shove it when it clicked. "A rescue mission?" he said.

She was from a guild and he'd heard guild missions were lucrative, and he'd emptied his purse getting the materials to fix the roof. Not to mention, rescue missions involved danger. Maybe, just maybe, he might find his end...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 3rd July 2012, 8:33 pm

(ATTN : Lark, Open)

''Yeah a rescue mission !!! Like we're gonna play the super spy of... but yeah I don't have all the details yet. '' Her cutting in the middle of the sentence sure sounded weird, but she was too exited and was bouncing from one thing to the other.

''We'll have all the details when we meet with some folks at Ferrum's guild. And I'll take whatever can help us like .... Mmmm... '' She turned and was making scribbles on a piece of paper.''
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd July 2012, 9:59 pm

She cut herself off mid-sentence, but Lark didn't care. She could keep whatever it was to herself. All that mattered was that it could be potentially dangerous.

"I'll get my things, then," was all he said, walking past her and climbing down to his room.

He was ready in an instant, having been on the road constantly for the past year having made him an efficient packer. That, and he'd been ready to leave the day prior. He looked at his old boots and clenched his fists. Soon. He'd be with them soon...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th July 2012, 3:29 pm

[Entering from Sheherazade]

((Donovan is still behind in Sheherazade packing his things.))

[Attn: Ryla, Lark, Ryla's Uncle]

Vicisulo was too excited due to Ryla's energetic attitude and so he darted about as he followed her. He jumped around people, leaped onto and off of walls, and caused a general stir. When he reached Ryla's house, a man came out asking who he was.
"Salvete!" He said jovially, but when he heard Ryla up on the roof he launched onto the upper rafters and scrambled up to the roof.

"Rylaaa~ Where fr-ind is? Eh?"
He asked merrily, but whoever it was already had walked back into the house. He had caught some of what they had said and realized that the friend was none other than the boy he had saved before in the alleyway. Ryla had said his name was Lark. Vicisulo moved on all fours like a monkey and swung up to Lark's room. He peeked his head in from the roofing so that his head came in upside down from the top of the door.

"Heeee! Salvete~, ahh, Gaood Morneeng (Good morning) Lark!"
Vicisulo said excitedly in a light, high-pitched voice that was not very loud. His rows of sharp teeth were all visible in his beaming smile.
"Ryla, Lark, fr-inds. Vicisulo fr-inds."
He said emphatically bobbing his head about with merriment. The words 'good,' 'morning,' and 'friend' were still a few he had trouble saying though he knew their meanings.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 4th July 2012, 3:49 pm

[Attn: Visiculo, Open]

Lark jerked his head to the window as he saw the beast man from yesterday that had saved him. He sighed. This is going to be a long trip...

"Ryla's back that way," he said, thumbing up to the roof.

He grabbed his pack, and left the room, heading to the front door. When he got there, he leaned against the wall and folded his arms, waiting for Ryla to be ready.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by HikariKuragari 5th July 2012, 3:53 pm

(ATTN : Viciluso, Lark)

Ryla's uncle seemed to be wondering what was going on and if Salvete was the name of the beast or not. ''Another energic one.'' He thought with a small chuckle.

Upstairs though Lark already moved inside and Ryla smiled seeing that this one accepted fast enough. She was about to move back inside herself when she saw that Viciluso was there. ''What are you doing Fluffy ? C'mon let's go inside, I'll go get some of my stuff ready !! '' Ryla said running toward her room.

She started to place various things on her bed ; a first aid kit, her diary, a few pencil, a bedroll, a water bottle, a few mining tools in case, a torch and few matches, ect.

''Hmmm... I think I need... A bigger backpack....OH I know !!'' Ryla moved toward her wardrobe and started to make various items fly across the room till she finally found what she was searching for.

''There it is !!!!'' It was a backpack that her parents gave to her for future travels. One that merchants like them would likely use due to all the seperate sections and straps to attach bedroll and so on. She started packing everything in it till she saw that her helmet wouldn't fit in. She shook her shoulders and placed it on her head. Everything was packed and Ryla took the backpack on her back and placed her staff on a special strap for it on the backpack.

Running toward the others she said cheerfully ''I'm ready !!!!'' It would show that she brought a lot of stuff.

Her uncle frown and say ''You're going on a mission or ?..''

''Yeah, in the UMS.'' Ryla replied.

''Oh I see, well have some safe travels and who knows... Maybe you'll see your parents along the way.'' He said with a smile and hugged her. ''Be safe dear.''

She smiled back and said ''I will! '' Then Ryla turned toward the others, taking out her map. ''Let's goooo!!! ....'' Starting to walk outside, she didn't really look where she was going and looked at the map mumbling to herself like she was planning a route or something.
HikariKuragari
HikariKuragari
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th July 2012, 4:01 pm

[Attn: Ryla, Visculo, Open]

Lark said nothing, merely turned and followed quietly. He hoped the beast man would occupy her attention so she'd leave him alone...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th July 2012, 4:22 pm

[Attn: Ryla, Lark]

Vicisulo was stuck with an empty room as Lark told him where Ryla was and walked out. He made a flat and confused expression. Ryla walked by.

''What are you doing Fluffy ? C'mon let's go inside, I'll go get some of my stuff ready !!"

He slipped off the roof-side and landed on the floor on his hind legs. He padded down the stairs quietly and saw Lark leaning against the wall outside. Ryla was downstairs quickly with a pack on her back and a helmet on her head. The man who greeted him before was talking to her, and then she walked outside.

Vicisulo waved to the man.
"Bye, good to have met, it is. I am Vicisulo. Take ta ta, later."
He garbled, attempting to say a decent farewell, but mixed up the sayings.

He walked out and then darted behind Lark, just behind him, shadowing and copying his movements as he went to follow Ryla. He had that same "kicked dog" look that Lark had. Sad, wary, and jaded. Then he ran up behind Ryla the same way copying her intense expression poring over her map. But he stopped after a few seconds and looked back.

"Where others are?"
He asked and would not keep following without an answer to the others' whereabouts.

Last edited by treomatos on 6th July 2012, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top