Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Gateway

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 2 Empty Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 2nd May 2013, 3:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Dragons]

Most dragons were still deep in their slumber, and Drokui was no different. He had his head buried semi-under the golden sand; his breath creating a puff of dust every time he exhaled. His tail tip twitched as he slept. He was young, but the signs of needing to bond was quickly showing in his behavior. He was getting more aggressive; as a fire dragon, his temper already was very short, but add the gnawing feeling that something was missing inside him and a fire dragon turned dangerous--not that they weren't before.

Lyamir yawned with a roar, that startled some of the younger dragons around her. Snorting slightly, she heaved herself up to walk towards the open balcony that allowed the dragons to venture outside as they pleased. She could feel her rider approach, and wondered what they would do today. She was as agitated as her rider at the sudden loss of Kyra's parents, she felt her rider's distress, and it carried over to her.

Inra opened one eye as Lyamir roared, before rolling over onto her back. She was one of the oldest dragons here, not that she really minded. There was some talk about her being defective, but it was kept at a hush, and usually scolded by Isadeva. She liked that one.

Thalas hissed as Lyamir made her show. The blues, dark eyes glinting with spite. He had half a mind to ice the fire one's back as she passed him, but the warning thought from his rider made him back down. They had a mission, and attacking the dragon of one of the noble families wasn't a good way to blend in.

[Attn: Open, Dragons, Zane, Cora]

Shadowmount, it was quiet this time of the morning. Isadeva made her way silently down the stair cases, and into the main hall of the riders court. Several of the staff nodded towards her as she passed, some even greeting her kindly as she quickly brushed past them all.

No one was surprised to see her up this early. It had become a ritual for her; get up, eat a little breakfast, and rush through the Keep to avoid any and all attention. Her first stop was the dragon's nesting area. Several of the dragons loved the attention that she showered on them, and of all the talk of them being horrid beasts that could kill you with the blink of an eye, there was nothing they loved more than a chin scratch.

She stopped outside the Nesting, sighing happily at the warmth that radiated from the sand that the dragons loved to sleep in. Taking a deep breath she started off through the area, smiling at the feel of the sand on her feet. She was supposed to meet Zane and Cora here for a bit of out of the classroom class. She had been surprised the day the Riders had come to her to teach the class. She wasn't a rider, and none of the dragon's had even showed an interest in her besides the normal affection they bestowed on her.

[Attn: Open, Armenian]
While most riders were just now awake, or just now attending their duties, Daiden was awake and already half way into the wilds. He had risen early and while Armenian was not happy about it, Rider and Dragon had left the city to hunt. The mountains were a dangerous place. Home to wild animals, as well as people. Daiden wasn't worried, however, it would have to be something very big, or very stupid to ever attack a dragon. The trees were thick here, and Daiden had finally told Armenian to land. They could continue on foot, as much as he knew the dragon wouldn't want too.

He patted the scaley hide of the creature affectionately, starting through the underbrush.
"Be careful, and stay close to me. I don't want to get lost. Even with our telepathy it would take us forever to find each other again," he thought towards his dragon, the mental link between them sending it loud and clear into his dragon's mind.

(I have a crap ton of characters. So no I didn't add all of them in at the present, I will slowly add them in later. You don't HAVE to to use the [Attn: -insert people here] but it helps if you do. Have fun!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 16th May 2013, 2:47 pm

{Attn: Isadeva, thalas, Phoenix Zane}

Cora watched with wide eyes as one of the dragons hit out at another dragon. She watched, her eyes darting to the dragons rider who didn't seem to care. She hoped that when she found a dragon she would care that her dragon that her dragon was causing fight. She looked up at Isadeva. "I'm going to go over there.. out of the way." she said pointing into the opposite direction near some other dragons, not wanting to get hit.

Lazuras jumped out of the way with an irritated growl watching as his dragon was hit. He glanced over at Isadeva and the female student. If he allowed this to go on unfortunatly they would get hurt and he wouldn't here the end of it. He reached up and touched his dragons neck. Enough now Thalas. when the dragon turned to look at him he narrowed his eyes. I mean it now. Enough.

{Attn: Joelle , Alhaim, Soreth}

Syat tilted her head letting out a sort of happy growl at the petting. She loved flying with Joelle in the morning it woke them both up and got her ready for the day ahead, and the evening it helped them both wind down and relax. Stepping out onto the balcony she pushed off of and dived down shadow mount, her wings spread out before they neared the ground she pulled up and flew, flying around the tip of shadow mount before flying steady. I'm sure you will find some really good pairings. We came out of a pairing that was a little early and look at us now. She said hoping to cheer up her rider.

Turning she continued to fly, her eyes open as they soared the skys, She could sense another dragon near. Turning her head she spotted a dragon with a rider on top heading straight for them. Hold tight my lady. She said quietly flying up, seeing if the dragon and rider followed them. Who are they ?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 16th May 2013, 3:05 pm

{Attn: Leader of thieves, Open}

Nedria was enjoying the scenery as she walks along. It was a beautiful afternoon and village is at the base of the mountains. Nedria feels the hair on the back of her neck raise as a man steps out. She takes her staff from her back. “First of all I am a young lady, not a 'thing'. Second, it is a free world, so why shouldn't I walk where I want? Or are you going to stop me?” She moves out of his path and motions to walk by him. Yes she knows that she is surrounded, but there is something they don't know. She is a mage and will not be afraid to use her magic if necessary.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th May 2013, 4:24 pm

{attn: Inra}

Yuzuki opened her eyes as she heard the fight break out, she lifted her head slightly, but it seemed that Inra had put her wing over her. She lowered her head, getting closer to her and snuggled up, if Inra was keeping her hidden, that must mean that the fight was not one to get close to.

She breathed through her nostrils deeply, starting to feel tired again. She curled up under Inra's wing and drifted again, hoping she would not be urged to cause trouble, she stayed near Inra as is was like a mother to her, but it was also because as she was a trouble maker, she needed to be kept an eye on. Right now was no exception to that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 16th May 2013, 4:25 pm

[Attn: Armenian, Deidan, Simone]

"What the hell does ridin' gottuh do with anythin'!" she growled. "You overgrown purse, get offa me! Damn it to hell, I--waitaminute." She turned her head to try and get a good look. "Did you just command a dragon to do something? And it did it?!" Wonder crossed her face. "I didn't know they could be trained. Wait'll I tell gramps about this!"

She squirmed against her captor, squeezing a hand to her side and pulling out a knife. Immediately, she jabbed it the best she could into the web of its talon.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 16th May 2013, 8:01 pm

[ATTN: Armenian, Deidan, Nephenee]

Simone followed the commotion down the mountainside, sticking to the brush. She could hear a young woman yelling at someone, and she reached the top of a small ridge to see, down below her, a dragon pinning a girl down with one claw. The rider stood by, watching. He was injured. Good. She was kind of impressed.

Simone grimaced, her heart pounding. Best to move on for her own safety, but this left her a bad taste in the mouth. The girl didn't exactly look pleased to be there. She toyed with the arrows in her quiver. But what could she do without getting caught herself...?

The girl squirmed beneath the dragon's talons, and Simone clung to the trees, looking down the ridge as something flashed in the sun. She'd found a knife, it seemed, jamming it back towards the dragon.

Simone drew an arrow quickly, drawing her bow. A distraction, maybe she could get away like that. These mountains were her home now, she could easily avoid them, and with that thought she took a breath and shot an arrow down at the dragon's wings.

She turned, darting off silently into the woods of the ridge, keeping the odd group still in sight.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 16th May 2013, 8:28 pm

{ATTN: OPEN}

Smiling Takahiro leaned back and closed his eyes yawning. The sound of the wind, children playing, and others working combined with the heat of the sun lulled him into a quick cat nap. He would remain likes this until a dragon and a rider came to give him a ride. All he would do at the site of the dragon would be to rub his eyes yawn and say, "Bout time someone showed up. Just how slow do the little drakes fly?"
Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 17th May 2013, 3:45 pm

Deidan, Simone, Nephenee open

Armenian roared with pain in his talon. It was enough to shake the area as he lifted his head. He was just about ready to snap the girls head off with his teeth when he felt something similar to a pin on his wing. It didn’t hurt but it was uncomfortable. He is angry enough as it is as he looks around. He sees a spot in his wing and sees the arrow. He lifts his wing down and looks at Deidan.

Please, will you pull this inconvenience out of my wing please? he requested. He then lowered his head and looked down at the girl.

I don’t know who you think you are, but if you keep stabbing me like that I will eat you. he said as he narrowed his eyes and snarled at her. Smoke came from his nostrils as he did so. Deidan, there is someone in the area shooting at us. I won’t know until I can get a look from above. Armenian was becoming angry now. He had had enough of this girl and her antics. It was too damn early in the morning for this.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 17th May 2013, 7:08 pm

Nephenee blinked in surprise. "I--I didn't know they could talk!" she exclaimed incredulous. "Shucks! I may have to stop beatin' on'em in the wild, then!"

It was up in her face, but she didn't back down, glaring back at the beast. "Ya want me ta stop? Then get your damn scaly hide offa me, ya blasted overgrown iguana with wings!" For point she stabbed again. "Get. off!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 18th May 2013, 10:56 pm

[ATTN: Neph, Armenian, Deidan]

Her arrow had no effect, she realized, as she looked back. She sighed, drawing another, narrowing her eyes below. Too far to get an accurate shot, but...

She let loose an arrow arcing down at the dragon's face, then another, then a third, before she lost her nerve and darted back into the undergrowth in silence.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th May 2013, 8:20 pm

{Attn: Open}

Nedria begins to walk away when the group begins to close in on her. She looks around and makes a fireball in her hand. “This is only the beginning of what I can do. If you don't back off, then you will be in trouble.” She changes the fireball into a ring of fire surrounding her. “I am not afraid of harming you if you attack me.”

She stops the fire and places ice on the ground around her. If they were to approach, they would fall on the ground.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th May 2013, 9:50 pm

{Attn: Zane, open}

Gray ignored the fight between the other dragons. They were bad news and he was one they picked on easily if he drew attention to himself. He'd nudged the boy to get him to leave that area to be safe. He felt some connection with the recruit and it pained him to think of the boy hurt. As the boy came over, he huffed and nudged him with his nose again when he asked if he was hungry. Since Isadeva was obviously very busy at the moment, this boy would have to do in feeding him. He thought he'd heard Isadeva say his name, but he couldn't remember. He swung his head around and nodded toward where the food was, hoping the recruit would get the idea.

{Attn: Syat, Al, and Soreth}

At Syat's warning, Joelle looked around and saw the dragon and rider speeding towards them. They were still too far for her to see who they were, so she braced herself and hung on tight in the event they were not friendly. As they neared them, she finally made out who it was and sighed. Do not fear, love, it is just Al and Soreth playing with us. The long trip must be getting to them. She raised her hand in greeting. "Hello, Al. And how was Regit? I hope discussions were fruitful."

{Attn: Nedria, Lyamir}

Kyra turned her attention to the ground and saw the lone woman surrounded by the bandits. Frowning, she figured she ought to save her and was just about to tell Lyamir to go in and chase the bandits away, when the girl used both a fireball and ice to deal with the bandits. Smiling, she spoke to Lyamir. Ah, a worthy candidate. Land nearby and we'll see what we can do to convince this girl to join us. Besides, I'd like to see how she fights off all of those idiots.

{Attn: Marcus and Hiro}

Adela huffed as she took off for the village, going for the main gates to Shadowmount. Landing, she eyed the man that stood and spoke with such condescension. She let out a low growl, reminding the man that he should show respect to a rider and soldier. To Marcus, she sighed. Must we really take this man up to Shadowmount? He seems the type to only cause trouble.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 24th May 2013, 6:27 pm

Nephenee, Deidan, Simone.
Armenian felt the stab in the web of its paw. He roared in pain and looked at the girl. I will release you, but you MUST stay here. Deidan will want a word with you. Also if you STAB me just one more time I swear by my mother’s egg I will eat you, knife and all.

He lifts his foot off of her and puts it to the side. He doesn’t move however. Deidan, I don’t think she’s going anywhere anytime. he said. Just then he is hit in the face as Deidan removes the arrow in his wing. Three arrows hit him square in his cheek. He instantly takes to the skies as he has had enough of whoever is attacking him from afar. Deidan…I will find whatever piece of food is attacking me and I WILL eat it.

He takes to the skies looking for the human responsible for hitting him. He flies low to the trees to help him look for whoever is attacking him.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 24th May 2013, 6:42 pm

"I don't take orders from no scaly--hey!"

The dragon flew off, seeking whoever had been attacking them. She cupped her hands. "Whoever ya are, run! There's a rapist down here and he apparently commands a dragon!"

Free, she hefted her spear from her back and pointed it at the man the dragon had named "Deidan." "Well, whaddaya want, ya damn rapist?" she growled, smirking at his bloody nose and blackening eyes. She only wished she'd done more...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th May 2013, 4:48 pm

The lead bandit watches as some of his group step forward and slip on the ice like idiots. He uses one as a bridge to cross the ice. “I like your style girl, but how are you going to stop the rest of us?”

Nedria get nervous momentarily then form little ice arrows that hover in front of her. “Hey all I want to do is go to town. I don't want to hurt anyone, but I will defend myself.”

The leader grabs one of his men and shoves him closer. Nedria launches some of the arrows at him, none of them hit anywhere lethal. Some of the guys get scared and run away, but not all. Nedria is starting to get tired. She has never used her magic so long before. She only hopes she can get them to leave before she tires out.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th May 2013, 6:16 pm

Curious about the girl, she and Lyamir watched as she shot the ice arrows at the bandits. Impressed, she focused on the girl again, seeing that she was getting tired. Kyra debated interfering and helping the girl when she noticed one of the men had circled around the mage to sneak up behind her. Quickly mounting Lyamir again, she urged her forward. Make a good scene, darling. Chase those idiots away so we can chat with out little magician.

Lyamir did as she was bid and hopped up into the air, keeping low and flying out of the trees straight at the bandit sneaking up behind the girl. Growling, she went after the man, who froze in terror and then took off running. Satisfied with his response, she smiled as Lyamir turned to the others and let out a roar. On Lyamir's back, she pulled up her bow and aimed an arrow at them. "I suggest you follow your comrade's example or you'll have more than ice arrows coming your way." The bandits hesitated and then took off running, knowing better than to tangle with a dragon rider.

Lyamir landed in front of the girl and Kyra slid off. "Don't be afraid, she won't hurt you. You were impressive with those idiot males. What's your name?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th May 2013, 6:42 pm

Nedria's eyes widen upon seeing a dragon. Her family's warning ringing in her ears. The dragon takes out one of the bandits behind her before landing in front. She backs up slowly before turning and taking off. She didn't hear the rider's warning. *idiot, you used magic in front of the dragon riders. Now they are going to make you one and take you soul, your freedom, essentially making you their slave.* She won't give in and runs as fast as she can.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th May 2013, 7:05 pm

[Attn: Soreth, Joelle, Syat]

"Soreth, old buddy. Ready for some surprise tactics?" Alhaim said, slowly grabbing hold of his twin crossbows. "Then let's give Joelle a good morning workout!

"HEEEEY, JOEEEEEEELLE! LET'S HAVE A DUEEEEELL!!!" he screamed at the fellow Council member, before using his magic to charge the bolts on his weapons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th May 2013, 8:59 pm

Kyra sighed when the girl took off. "Really?" Mounting on Lyamir again, she waved her hand toward the girl. "Why do they always run? Catch her, please, love." Lyamir flew ahead and once again landed in front of the girl. Kyra slid off and aimed an arrow at her. "Please stop running, I don't want to hurt you, but I admit I will injure you to keep you in one place. Now, your name."

{Attn: Alhaim, Syat, and Soreth}

Joelle raised her eyebrow at Al and then sighed. In all the years I've known Alhaim, do you not think he would have realized I am not in the least playful? Stand your ground, Syat, we need to have a chat with Alhaim." She pulled some of her power around her, ready to defend in the event Al doesn't get the idea in time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 27th May 2013, 9:40 pm

{Attn: Kyra, Lyamir}

Nedria stops when the dragon lands in front of her. “I thank you for scaring off those bandits, but if you are looking for anything from me I can assure you I am just a poor nomadic farmer. We just got here and I wanted to see the town.” She hopes if she acts naïve they will let her go. She backs up slowly, hoping the rider does not harm her.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th May 2013, 8:05 pm

{attn: Joelle, Alhaim soreth.}

Syat sighed shaking her head, so much for a pleasant morning flight. The other council member was definitely one of the more wackier ones. Flying up she tilted her head. You wish to chat with him while he's in this state of mood ? I say we join him an wear him down. She said soaring back and forth watching the rider and dragon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30th May 2013, 10:29 pm

[Attn: Cora, Laz, Phoenix]

Isadeva let out a breath she hadn't even realized she'd been holding. She let her arm drop from where she had extended it to protect Cora. She was no match for a dragon fight, luckily Lazarus was here to stop his own dragon, but Phoenix was unbonded. She was reckless, and not easily controlled.

"Well, that sure was interesting to start the day," she responded shortly. She watched as Phoenix backed off, before turning to regard Lazarus with a guarded expression.

"Thank you..."

Drokui had been watching the fight near the humans, growling softly from his ledge. It was a stupid thing to do, fight with the humans so close. Not that he was surprised really. Anytime Thalas was around, a fight was sure to break out.

Snorting softly, he spread his wings, lifting from his perch. He dived down, burying himself in the sand once again. His eye slid open after a moment, studying the two recruits with Isadeva.

'Come, fledgling,' Inra said finally, shaking the small dragon awake. The ice dragon stood, flexing her wings. Her muscles had become stiff while sitting for too long.

'Let us stretch our wings, and get away from unnecessary fighting.' She made her way to the ledge that led to the open air of Shadowmount. Lifting her head, she snorted softly.

'Be careful, my friend,' he warned his dragon as the massive beast lifted into the air. Deidan turned his baffled glace to the wild woman in front of him. He whirled suddenly, kicking the spear from her grasp.

"I'm not a rapist, you damned woman. You attacked my dragon first, did you except me to sit back and let you get away with it?" He snapped, gauging the distance between the woman and where her spear had landed after he had kicked it.

Marcus chuckled slightly, patting Adela's neck as he slid off his dragon's back to land on the ground. He looked the man over, watching the way he reacted to Adela.
'I think he is just what we need, pet,' he spoke through their private bond.

"You asked to speak to a rider, and here I am. What is it you want?" His words were to the point, but they were kind.

The snow began to thin the closer to Shadowmount. The air turned warmer, not something completely comfortable to a dragon used to freezing temperatures.

There was a roar suddenly, followed by several answering roars. The sky darkened with shadows as dragons began to descend around Bithore. The leader of the group, eased her dragon forward.

Deirra narrowed her eyes. "Speak quickly dragon, who is your rider?"

Lyamir snorted, shifting her stance to be a little less threatening--as possible seeing as she was a dragon. She tilted her head at Kyra, then responded to the human.
'Do not bother trying to lie, girl. I sense your magic pulsing through you, even had you not just used it.'

She raised her head slightly to get a better view of the girl.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 31st May 2013, 6:25 am

[Attn: Deidan]

She grunted as the spear was kicked from her hands. Her belt knife was out in an instant. "And until you I didn't know people could own dragons! So when some asshole jumps me outta the blue in my mountains, I know what to expect! Now, you attack me again and ya better be ready to kill me cause I won't stop fightin' till one a' us is dead..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st May 2013, 7:02 am

{Attn: Kyra, Lyramir}

"It spoke!" She exclaimed. "Well you got me, I am a mage. Listen, I thanked you for saving me, so our business is done here." She begins to step away again without turning around. She narrows her eyes at the rider. "I have not harmed you in any way and don't take kindly to threats."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st May 2013, 2:43 pm

Bithore had been flying for a while. As he had been getting further away from his home and closer to the place he was heading too, he had noticed how the weather had gotten increasingly calmer. It had actually been quite a while since Bithore had flown in such weather. He enjoyed how he didnt have to think of what he needed to do to stay in the air, instead he could just enjoy the view.

Just now, bithore noticed some movement on the ground. He descended and saw that the things that were moving appeared to be a small herd of wild horses. He hadn't eaten anything for 2 days so he felt like having a snack. He fold his wings slowly and dived down towards the horses. He swooped down 3 times and each time he caught a horse inbetween his jaws. He flew to a isolated hill and started to eat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 31st May 2013, 10:27 pm

Takahiro watched as the male rider got off his dragon and quickly sized him up. Before he responded to the rider he looked at the dragon as it growled at him.

"Look I meant no disrespect by my statement it was just a thought in my head that combined with my boredom and general lack of mental verbal filter it just came out. I'm sorry if I upset you?"

He then turned to the rider and held out his hand.

"Hi my name is Hiro Haru. I am a water mage and have been traveling the country these last 5 years learning what I could about the world and selling my services to farmers as needed to make enough money to live by. This lifestyle while good has gotten to be kinda boring. As such I have decided to join the dragonriders to spice up my life and give me purpose. I have no family, no home, almost no money, and no one to truly call a friend. All I have left to lose is my life so I might as well make my life mean something before it gets taken from me like everything else has."

With that Takahiro shrugged and looked into the riders eyes and then into the dragon's before speaking again.

"So do I make muster as a new recruit, and if so how exactly do I get on the dragon to be able to enter Shadow Mount or do I have to climb the mountain?"

Takahiro quickly gazed at the mountain and judged that it would take him a couple weeks at least to climb to the top. He then stuck his hands in his pocket and looked back at the dragonrider and awaited his reply.
Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top