Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OC Contest

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OC Contest - Page 12 Empty OC Contest

Post by JerriLeah7 3rd January 2012, 3:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Original Character Contest!

All characters will wake to find themselves on a warm, yellow cot and covered in a crocheted, golden blanket. They are each in the same room, the beds filed out evenly in an organized, simple fashion with the headboard against the wall. The room is dimly lit by only a single fireplace and a few torches on the pale, creme walls. The floor has a carpet, which is also of a tan or khaki color and there is only a single, brown door shown as an exit to the room.

It is quiet here, with only the crackling sounds of the firelight from the fireplace to give any signs that there is anything to be heard at all. When the brown door is inspected and opened, it will be opened with ease, leading down into a hallway where many doors can be found--twelve doors, to be exact, with six on each side.. However, only one being can enter one door, for once a person has crossed through, the door is blocked by a barrier, a yellow, translucent, thin thing that seems impossible to shatter.

Each door has a different frame--one is of stone, with no door and opening out into what seems to be a pitch black space or nothingness. The stone opening is cold and seems to emanate a cold, still air.

The other five doors on this wall, moving to the right with each one, are as follows: there is a door with a simple, mahogany frame, both shining as if it were just built and elegant in that both the frame and the mahogany door that it wraps around are intricately designed with little, vine-like carvings and other strange patterns.

Next, we have a small door that is significantly shorter than the others, one that anyone would clearly have to duck into in order to get through. The frame is a simple wire-like frame, but made of vines and leaves, rather than wires. There is clearly a forest through this doorway.

After that, there is a small, marble archway, which looks so bright through it's passage that one cannot see through it clearly, for it is only as if there is a sheet of white mist in the way. If one moves close to this door, they will feel warmth and thickness in the air.

The fifth door is black obsidian, cold as the stone, except far more icy to the touch. The door inside its frame isn't obsidian, but a sheet of black beads, easily moved to the side to give access to its realm. Nothing can be seen beyond the beads, except that there is a small, black light coming through.

The final door, which is closest to the firelight room where all of the characters have awakened, is a door made of nails, the frame, door and all. The door is closed, which may complicate things, as the handle, itself, is a large, thin nail that may be difficult to turn.

Across the way, opposing each door is another door that is similar, but is the opposite. Opposing the stone door is a sand door, opening out into nothing but a desert, or so it seems. Opposing the mahogany door is the gravel door, which appears to open out into a gravel road. Opposing the marble archway is a wire archway, this one being nothing but barbed wire and opening out into what looks like flat grasslands. Opposing the short door is one that is significantly larger than the others, made perhaps for giants? The doorknob on this might be difficult to open, as is the door to push open, as it is so large and heavy. The door opposing the black obsidian door is a clear, glass door, which can be seen to reveal a glass room of some sorts, though its depth is still quite a mystery. The glass handle seems to be quite delicate. And the final opposing door, which opposes the nail door, is a door made only of goo or slime. The gateway seems to open up into some sort of...mud or slime like texture on the ground.

Ah, such challenges and mystery, just waiting to be experienced by the characters that should be awakening soon to find themselves stuck together in an odd predicament....

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

OC Contest - Page 12 Empty Re: OC Contest

Post by Fina 27th February 2012, 12:29 am

[Attn: Restoration Room]

Immediately after the sand was removed from her clothes, the room around them shifted to a more comfortable setting. She took in the new surroundings, eying the doors behind her interestedly. She also began to hear laughter, which she assumed was the "man" in charge. As she was about to let go of Femaust's hand, he tightened his grip, and, when she examined her hand, she immediately saw the Roman Numerals for 71. Also, as the numbers appeared she heard a male voice enter her mind, sounding the same as Femaust's. She could hear each word explode in her mind, but it did not push one issue out that slightly bugged her. He now knew her ability. Granted, she understood his now, but she did not like it. With all privacy taken away, she wanted to get as far away from everyone in the room as possible. Not even his reassurance of his lips not spilling her ability did not comfort her.

She then let go of his hand and refused to make eye contact with Femaust from then on, though she smiled at him as though it was all alright convincingly. She deduced that, without contact, he could not hear or read her real thoughts. She then gazed at the food, but decided that she would not take anymore chances and refrain from touching it. I have gone longer without food, anyways. she thought to herself, remembering how her parents would neglect feeding her commonly.

Mariah then began to head over to the door, and approached them only, not opening them, yet. She was curious as to what would go on between Iggy and Trick. She listened to what each had to say, and turned to inspect the doors to hide her smile. This is odd material to use for a door, she thought to herself once again, Bone, perhaps? Nevertheless, this gives me enough signs to know not to take these doors. Just as she thought this, her decision was supported by two newcomers who warned them not to go through those doors.

She watched the boy and girl interact, and then stared as the boy sat down and began to stuff his face. What a trusting fellow. She again thought to herself. She then walked more into the center of the room and smiled at them both. "Hello, you two. My name is Mariah," she began, "It seems you enjoy this food well. Have you experienced any side effects after consuming any bit of it?"
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 27th February 2012, 4:39 pm

[ATTN: Kyrie, Indigo]

While searching for a way out, Rae thought he heard Kyrie make a sound. He turned in that direction and found an opening in the wall, and Kyrie was nowhere to be seen. He hurried over and looked through opening and saw a very disorienting room.

Kyrie was next to a ceiling fan, as if she were on the ceiling. There were various other things in the room, all using different walls as their floors. He turned his head, trying to make sense of the mess, but once again this place defied logic. There didn't appear to be anything dangerous, however, so he jumped in.

He stood next to Kyrie; she seemed to be all right. "It's okay, I'll survive."

She then asked him how many rooms he'd been in. He had stop and think about it for a moment, a lot had happened.

"Let's see... First I woke up in a room with beds. Then I took a door which led out into a courtyard. There I burned some kind of animate black liquid. I then met Femaust and we passed onto a bridge which led out into the sky. We were attacked by harpies, but escaped them. We made it into another room, then I passed through a door there that led me to you and Indigo."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 27th February 2012, 6:34 pm

Femaust wasn't about to keep up with Trick and Iggy's banter style fighting. Just as he went to open his mouth two newcomers burst through one of the doors. Taking a quick step back, both to allow room and to avoid any collision as they seemed to be running from something.

They both soon started arguing, Femaust keeping track of the conversation. Particularly now that he correctly identified the elven magus' protective spell. Her face tattoos where just decorative and not runic at all, allowing him to guess that she used vocal arcana, or possibly focus magic since she did have that purple staff.

The man however warrented more attention, perticularly at this moment. He was sporting several nasty burns and bite marks. A warrior by his armor and weapons, he didn't appear to be sporting any serious wounds otherwise he wouldn't be aruging so much right now. The elf ducks behind the warrior, and that is just before they introduce themselves.

'Corellia and Darian.'thinking them in his head heattempts to memorize them. The people in the room move, and Mariah who was studying the doors asks about the food. 'Easier to withhold it then poison us.'

'At least for right now it seems that they are beginning to accept this room and each other more. Hesitantly but still, progress.'

Slowly walking towards the two, he kneels down before Corellia. With his hands settled on his knees he bows his head subserviantely before speaking.

"As per Protocol: All Human Magus must upon meeting any of the Elvenborn must Identify themselves fully and offer their survices or be marked as renegades. Their Mana to be stripped from their bodies and slain." He practically quotes his masters instruction as his programming compels him, even though he doubts she is from his world.

"I am Femaust 71, a human Sirmacerlum, created by the renegade Retho. I am a Runic Transmutation Magus. I am currently unable to offer my services, should I recover before your departure I am willing to rebuild or repair your equipment if able." As he finishes speaking he lifts his head so he utters these last words while looking at her "Is this Acceptable?"

'Am I never to be free from service Retho? Even after your death I am compelled. Makes it impossible to ever forget, I'm not human.' Despair and sadness entering his heart, the flicker of hope dashed again by his latent programming.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 27th February 2012, 7:01 pm

[ATTN: Restoration Room]

Darian shovels down food as he listens to Trick's inquiry. He grins as his head nods, a shrug half heartedly forming as he speaks to him in response.

"Players? If you mean by that that we are all little pawns on a chessboard to be played with and used, then yes. We're all here to be tested, man. Tested. Challenged. That's the way it works. If you don't know all of the rules, I can give you a quick summary, but I can do no more than that."

He begins to shovel more food as Mariah inquires about the food he is eating. He shakes his head again, his brow furrowing.

"No, girly. We're being tested, as I said." He answers, "She wants us healthy, you know. We're hardly entertaining to her if we starve to death. There's no need to worry about food. These rooms...they're here strictly to help us. They relax our muscles, quicken our healing...all of that fancy magical crap that you usually hear in fairytales. Blah blah blah."

As Femaust steps forward to speak with the elf, she looks at him with confusion as he speaks. He clearly speaks of a rule that is unknown to her world, but she says nothing as he continues on about it. She shakes her head sadly.

"I-I'm sorry." She says, blushing, "I don't need any services, unless you count some good teamwork and maybe a little friendship. Such slavery and stance is not required where I live."

She looks back over her shoulder at Darian, who is still rudely speaking and horsing down food simultaneously. She looks sickened by the sight and shakes her head.

"I'm hoping one of you is far better company than that one. He is strong, that one, and very powerful, but reckless. He rushes into battle with no strategy at all.

Transmutation, you said? A school of magic I didn't study. Not my area of interest, I'm afraid. I only use protection spells and a few additional others."

[ATTN: Judas]

As the woman's body lies there on the surface, it slowly begins to give off a faint glow. The water instantly evaporates from the pool, leaving nothing but the empty tank and the girls body, which is now beginning to crumble into dust. After a few moments, all that is left is the woman's harp, which somehow shrinks into a pocket size and seems to glow still on its own.

In the distance, Judas will almost be able to hear the harp playing, though the strings are clearly still. Yet, he can hear it growing louder and louder as the harp sits in the center of what used to be the pool, playing beautifully and yet not playing and tempting him to pick it up...filing him with a need to hold it.

JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by MethosArchaic 27th February 2012, 7:21 pm

As she speaks his assumption is confirmed, the bonds of compulsion fading away as she releases him from service. 71 becomes relieved and relaxes.

"Thank you. Those are favors and possible." he answers with a soft voice as he gets back up to his feet. "Are you sure there isn't anything you need made, or him?" he asks just to make sure. She shakes he head and answers in the negative, and doesn't speak for Darian.

"I'm intrigued by what he said, about Rules. New to this whole experience, but can't complain about being alive." he explains to Corellia. "I've got some preparation work to do, as my magic recovers. Saved those two, Trick and Mariah. The other two are Iggy and Alaya. You can feel free to sit with me while I work if you like" He says while casually informing her.

Walking to the fire he removes a few pieces of coal and then settles down next to his backpack and begins to draw a circle around the materials he set out earlier before talking to Mariah. He listens in as the others begin to ask questions and Darian talks. He notices Corellia barrier magic terminate as she dismisses her spell. He feels his mana returning faster then normal, the room aiding it somehow.
MethosArchaic
MethosArchaic

THE Forum Player Killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th February 2012, 8:30 pm

[ATTN: kyrie,Rae]

The pain from the collar had once again been activated making him let go of the wood he was going to throw into the fire. And now the room was flooding. Shortly after being relieved from the pain he got back up off his knees and observed that his two allies now had the same collars as he did and that they were experiencing the same pain.

Shortly after they all recovered Kyrie went up the wall and, with the great surprise of Indigo, she cut herself. The scent of her blood filled his nostrils, his eye started glowing red and veins appeared from the corner of his eyes to his temples. So he shoves his head into his hands and falls to his knees once more, trying to contain himself.

The two others were now in the next room but the scent of blood was still the only thing on Indigo's mind, not any blood but the intense and wonderful blood Kyrie has. His whole body starts shaking as he gets up on his feet and one moment later he charges kyrie at full speed and tackles her to the ground, pinning her arms and legs down, facing her. He than shows his fangs, with his crazed blood Lusted appearance and goes for her neck but as the points of his fangs touch the skin of her neck and start applying pressure, he sends himself backwards, shakes his head and yells out ''HEAL YOUR WOUND AND GET RID OF THE BLOOD!'' as he takes his head in his hands again, trying to contain himself once more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 27th February 2012, 9:08 pm

{Attn: Indigo, Rae}

As soon as Kyrie thought of the notebook, it appears on the floor. Included with it was a pen and pencil. As she bent down she was pushed on the ground by Indigo. She was pinned under him. She looks at him with a frightened look in her eyes. She watches as fangs appear in his mouth. She starts to breathe rapidly and her heart begins to race. She closes her eyes as she feels his fangs on her neck. She will not show him that she is scared.

Suddenly he is off of her; he shakes his head and yells at her. “Fine, but I thought you said you were fine.” Her voice shaking as she speaks to Indigo. She heals her wound while glaring over at Indigo. She will deal with him later. Now she needs to think of their situation. She picks up the notebook and begins to write.

“OK, so this is what we know so far. All of us started in the same room with the beds. Then we all went down the same hallway. Do either of you remember which door you chose first? I am assuming the yellow barrier that was put on them prevented entry as well as exit.”

When Rae mentioned burning the liquid Kyrie looked up at him. “What do you mean ‘burned the liquid’? What exactly happened? Did the liquid burn or did the room?” She wonders if the overseer has an adversity for fire. “What can you tell me about this Femaust? How did you guys get separated? Do either of you know anything about Zelda or Jason?”
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 28th February 2012, 10:20 am

[Attn: Cosmo, Open]

Airtasm's dual-scythe spun like a hurricane in his hands, lashing out like quicksilver. The Xanabot mecha, however, was quite agile despite its bulk and dodged aptly, or deflected. The misses, however, sliced cleanly through walls and parapets like they weren't there.

"You could put Ginsu out of business if you went into knife making..." commented Xanabot.

Airtasm said nothing, coming down vertically with his scythe. Xanabot shot forward and caught it at the haft, his mecha strength straining against Airtasm's supernatural. Immediately, he tried to throw the scythe and Airtasm with it, but got a nasty surprise as the dual scythe evaporated into mist and another formed as Airtasm swung horizontally. Xanabot leapt backward, but took a nasty slash across his mecha body.

"This is getting annoying," he growled.

Immediately, he pointed his forearm and a mounted laser cannon popped out and fired. Airtasm charged forward as the blast entered his mists and went through Airtasm as if he wasn't there. Xanabot's eyes widened in surprise and he could only leap sideways as he lost the arm that fired as Airtasm's scythe sliced through it with ease.

"They say Death is relentless," commented Xanabot, "but you make that an understatement. However, if you're wanting to save the gargoyles, you're about to fail."

Airtasm turned and saw one of the gargoyle bots not engaged against Cosmo aiming a forearm-mounted laser cannon. Airtasm's eyes glowed with supernatural energy.

"Begone, artifice of mortal hubris!" he thundered.

The blast that shot from his eyes blasted the entire upper half of the gargoyle bot clean off and its pieces fell to the world below. Xanabot's surprise wasn't as long and he quickly pointed another forearm-mounted cannon at a gargoyle statue. Airtasm moved with inhuman speed between him and his target. As he fired, Airtasm deflected the shot with his scythe.

"So...you're tangible when it suits you," commented Xanabot. "But you should really watch your six..."

Airtasm groaned as a blast hit him between the shoulder blades. He turned to see a gargoyle bot with a smoking arm cannon. Airtasm's eyes glowed with fury and he threw his scythe like a boomerang, rending the machine in two and then catching his scythe just as Xanabot made it to him to punch him into a wall.

"Bout time," Xanabot growled. "Anymore and I really would've thought death unbeatable."

He picked up his sliced off arm and reattached it. Airtasm picked himself from the wall, eyes glowing malevolently. It was on.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 28th February 2012, 5:04 pm

When Indigo launched at Kyrie with his fangs bared, Rae’s body immediately became paralyzed. He couldn’t even think about actually helping her, he was too terrified that he’d be next. Flashbacks of his brothers attacking him played in his mind, causing him to tremble.

An instant later, however, it was over. Rae relaxed slightly, but the thought still nagged at him that Indigo could attack again. He had no idea what had provoked it, though Indigo mentioned something about Kyrie’s blood. Rae edged away a bit, eyeing Indigo warily.

Kyrie seemed to be all right and continued the discussion they’d been having before the interruption. “I entered through the gravel door, which led to the gravel road,” Rae replied, his voice wavering a bit.

“The black liquid was on the ground, and it followed me as I moved, blocking doorways when I approached them and such. I decided to try my fire starter, which you ‘ave seen, and the liquid… It shrieked and retreated when it was burned slightly. It was odd. The area itself did not burn, ‘owever.

I met Femaust shortly afterward, when I saved ‘im from an area below me. ‘e seemed to ‘ave no more knowledge about this place than I did. ‘e was capable of some intriguing magic, I wish I could ‘ave asked ‘im more about it…

Oh, um, we were separated when ‘e was sleeping and I tried the other door in the room. It sucked me in and dumped me on you.”

Rae chuckled a bit in spite of himself. “Jason and Zelda? I cannot say I’ve ‘eard of them. ‘o were they? People you met in ‘ere?”

Rae began to wonder exactly how big this place was. There seemed to be multiple people in here all going through different things, and he hadn’t even met all of them. What even was the purpose of this place?

“And what about you? What rooms ‘ave you gone through?”
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 28th February 2012, 5:58 pm

{Attn: Indigo, Rae}

Kyrie shakes her head. “No, there were references that another person I met here made. Hmm interesting…So if my conclusion is correct, we each come from different, universes, for lack of a better word.” She narrows her eyes at Indigo. “For I have never heard of an undead parasitic creature, nor have I ever met anyone of your species, Rae. And I have met a lot of alien life forms.” She makes notes in her notebook. “I do not see any common thread either. We seem to each be different.

To answer your question, I took the mahogany door which led me to a room with a scale. It was a puzzle which I solved easily and saved two lives. My second room started out as a puzzle, but turned into a battle. I met Joseph there. He seemed like a normal human who could transform into a completely different creature, a ghost like creature.” She didn’t want to give away his true identity. She touches her necklace as she is talking about the second room.

“Joseph and I got separated in our next room of doom. Laser eyes on doors, and he made a Zelda and the Jason references. He called the eyes beamos. I barely made it out of that room alive. In the end he chose a different door than I.

Oh yes, then the evil puppets of doom room. They were controlled by an evil entity who loves spelling puzzles. Then I met Indigo in a pit stop room. It was nice to get a chance to have a break. Then we were in the room which he destroyed.” She points to Indigo. “Then we met up with you in the box room.”

She scribbles in her notebook some more. “I wonder if the rooms are truly connected, or if our ‘Overseer’ just thinks them up on a whim.” Kyrie looks up. “I would appreciate more rooms where I am not fighting for my life.”

She looks over at Rae and Indigo. “Do have any other observations to add. And how do we get out of this room?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 28th February 2012, 6:50 pm

"Where I'm from, we call them "worlds"," Rae stated. "You can jump from world to world if you know 'ow to make a portal. I assume someone made a series of portals or one strong portal and brought us all to this place, for whatever reason. I 'aven't figured out why yet."

"'Overseer'? Is that who is running this place? What do you know of them?"

Rae was finding that he liked this Kyrie girl. She was very organized and thought things through well. He still didn't trust Indigo, however, and still glanced at him from time to time.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 29th February 2012, 6:15 pm

{Attn: Rae, Indigo}

“We have different planets, different galaxies even, and we travel using space ships. And ‘Overseer’ is the handle I gave to the being. I mean these collars didn’t attach themselves to us. I know no more than you do about it.”

Kyrie looks around the room. “I am really getting tired of jumping through the Overseers hoops though.” Kyrie looks at the wall lengthened bookshelf. “I say let’s relax a little and do some reading.” She hops on the sliding ladder, holding onto it tightly. It slides down its track due to her weight.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st March 2012, 8:30 am

Judas' playing came to an abrupt stop as he saw the woman float to the surface of the water. He was in shock, but decided to jump in and save her. But before he could, the water dissapeared, along with the girl. All he could do was stand there with his jaw dropped as he heard the faint melody of the harp.

"What the h*ll is going on in this place?" He said under his breath as he climbed into the empty pool. He walked up to the harp on the ground and picked it up. "Man... I've shocked a lot of pretty ladies with my performances, but this is ridiculous..." Judas said a little jokingly, not able to fully handle the situation. He looked at the harp but he didn't know much about it, so he put it in his pocket until he could learn more about it.

he walked to the door at the other end of the room and opened it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st March 2012, 9:14 pm

"As I suspected," Trick said, in response to Darian. "Her stars can hardly put up a show without rest, after all," he said, taking another bite of the apple. He hadn't realized how deep his hunger was until he had actually started eating. He finished the apple quickly, chewing it all the way down to the core, and set the core down carefully on the table. He reached out one-handed for the rest of the food - his other hand was still holding his gun at his side, ready for emergency use.

He pulled out one of the chairs and sat down across from Darian. "Let's hear more about these 'rules' then," he said, saying the word 'rules' as if the mere thought of it was painful. "Rule one, you do not talk about fight club?" he said, trying to be funny, feeling it fall flat even as he said it. Of course, most of the people in this room looked like they were from some other world entirely, especially Ms. Elf Mage over there, it wasn't like anyone would get the reference.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 2nd March 2012, 6:55 pm

[ATTN: Judas]

As Judas pockets the harp, any water that had previously been on his body went away, leaving him to be completely dry. The room is silent, as it was before, as he climbs his way out of the pool area and makes his way to the other side of the room.

As he opens the door and walks through, he finds himself in small, metallic chamber. There are no doors, as the one behind him suddenly disappears. There is nothing but a narrow, metal stall as a thick, liquid like ooze begins to leak into the room through tiny holes that are in the floor.

It's moving slowly, however, it seems to threaten to fill up the entire room and drown the trapped man as it slowly rises it up in the room and up his feet and legs....

Darian nods as Trick asks for the rules, and he inhales deeply before he speaks, though he looks slightly confused at Trick's last comment, as it made no sense to him. He inwardly shrugs it off and continues on his train of thought, where the rules he are about to mention will hopefully not go on deaf ears.

"Very well," Darian begins, raising his voice so that everyone in the room can hear. "Here's what I've learned so far:

Don't stay in large groups for too long, don't kill other people that would be allowed in the recovery rooms, never set stuff on fire or explode stuff, follow commands if they are written in black text that has a blue or purple like sheen to it, uh....." Darian goes off into thought, "...don't get boring?...hmm.....oh! And don't have conversations with the Golems.

Break those rules and you'll get collared, and if you get collared, don't try to take it off...that hurts. Bad.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Any questions?"

Last edited by Leah7 on 3rd March 2012, 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd March 2012, 11:15 pm

Iggy flinched when the entrance of two beings into the room brought him out of his thoughts. Howl chirped, his small eyes locking on the pair, as Iggy's movement almost dislodged his footing. Iggy missed his chance to say anything to the newcomers, but listened with growing curiousity to the two speak. The man introduced himself as Darian; he was human, and he loomed over the woman, introduced as Corellia; she was an elf with intriguing markings that laced her face.

"My name is Iggy." he had slipped the words in, bowing in his over-the-top fashion once more. It was the proper way to acknowledge someone, after all. If he remembered anything as vibrantly as the night his childhood was engulfed in glorious flames, it would be the decorum that had been carved into his way of conduct as a young boy.

Restoration room? Of course. You can't simply let your dolls wither away to nothing, can you? It would be such an awful waste. he thought. His yellow eyes immediately flicked to the ceiling, as if the one in charge was indeed looking down into a dollhouse. Testing us, are you? Did too many show up for the number of roles in the script? he laughed inwardly as he broke his upward gaze and once more looked at faces of the newest characters.

In silence, he observed the inhabitants of the room as they interacted with eachother. When he overheard Trick referring to the mismatched gang of characters as "stars" and referencing the '"show" they were performing, Iggy had to suppress his laughter. The man called Darian then spoke in a voice that could only be meant to address everyone, a general statement of... rules?

Don't stay in large groups? Don't start fires? Don't cause explosions? Iggy's thoughts were approaching a state of complete discord at an alarming rate. Why, in the name of all things deceased, would breaking the characters apart be of any entertainment value? This is not at all how Acts are to run, directress. Not at all. Unless, you have other ideas? Perhaps.. A more private look into your cast? Is that it? his thoughts were slowly returning to their normal amused and content state. And, the latter... it means.. you don't allow... art? No such thing involving beauty? an unstoppable grin snaked its way onto his face. Try to keep me from my art, directress. You will find that it simply cannot be done. Pain is not a burden to this body, nor a punishment through these eyes.

Iggy approached the table at which the others were sitting, selected a piece of fruit from the mass of food, and held it up to Howl. The bird nipped greedily at the morsel, and a low purr-like noise came from the creature.

"One question, if I may." Iggy said, his eyes on Darian, "Would you happen to know whom it is that is in charge of all of this?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 4th March 2012, 9:26 am

Airtasm and Xanabot's battle continued, but with a little twist. Xanabot was having to work harder as Airtasm kept disappearing through the mists and coming at odd angles to attack. Sadly, Airtasm didn't have a heat signature, so Xanabot had to be quick on his feet.

Airtasm slashed at Xanabot from behind and to the right, then disappeared; then from the front; from above; and from the left. Each time, Xanabot heard the distinct sounds of destruction. He assumed his little friend was duking it out with the other gargoyle bots. Finally, Airtasm came at him from the front. Xanabot charged him and again caught his scythe as each struggled to overpower the other.

"Eyes cast onward often overlook hindsight," warned Airtasm.

"What...?" said Xanabot.

Suddenly, Airtasm disappeared and Xanabot stumbled forward as Joseph re-emerged. Turning back was like having all his senses that had been on high alert suddenly muted and all the emotions that had been muted hitting him like a tidal flood. Even so, he managed.

"Watch your six," Joseph translated. "Now, Cosmo!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 4th March 2012, 10:50 am

[Attn: Joseph and Xanabot]

Cosmo turns to Xanabot and takes aim. "You won't hurt anyone anymore. I won't let you!" Photon!" She then charges a large sphere of Photon power and releases it. The sphere travels swiftly through the air. And upon making contact with Xanabot, it detonates with a blast so great and so bright that it can likely be seen from across the city. The light practically absorbs everything and Cosmo drops to her knees as it clears.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 4th March 2012, 2:51 pm

Xanabot looked behind him in alarm and tried to leap out of the way, but took the full-on blast of Cosmo's photon. The force of the explosion sent Joseph flying and he skidded and rolled on the ground.

He got to his feet slowly and coughed. "Okay..." he said, "might want to rethink my strategy next time. But that was still cool."

"Well played."

"You've got to be kidding--oh."

Joseph breathed a sigh of relief. Xanabot's robotic construct had proven resilient, but it was obviously out of the fight. Xanabot was reduced to a head on a flying platter as he ejected out of the remains of what had been his body.

"The Gargoyles have to run out of luck sooner or later..." he said. "Ta-ta."

Joseph ran over to Cosmo and high-fived her. "We did it!" he exclaimed. "Ahh...old school superhero cool..."

He looked back to Cosmo. "You okay?" he asked with concern. "How's your ankle...?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fina 4th March 2012, 4:37 pm

Mariah listened to Darian speak as he answered her question in a rude manner. She actually chuckled at his words, not offended at all, as that most likely was not his intent in the first place. He would remind me of Felix if he had reworded his answer a little. she thought to herself smiling.

As she was about to reply, Trick began to speak to him. She decided not to interrupt, watching quietly. As he spoke, she reached gingerly for a slice of watermelon, taking a bite out of it. The watermelon reminded her of her hunger, and she began to munch on it swiftly but delicately, much more elegantly than Darian's way of eating. She was then convinced the woman/man in charge would not poison their food... yet.

She stood there quietly, listening to the rules. All of them seemed very simple enough to follow. Avoiding large groups would be the most enjoyable rule of all. She then began memorizing the rules in her mind, repeating them over and over for safe measure.

As she looked around, the aura around Iggy seemed to swell as though something was wrong. She did not understand what, but she assumed his abilities conflicted with one of the rules. Pushing that out of mind, she watched Iggy compose himself and begin to speak. He asked a very sensible question; one she would like to hear the answer to. She then turned her eyes to Darian, waiting patiently for an answer.
Fina
Fina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th March 2012, 6:44 pm

[ATTN: Kyrie, Rae]

Indigo had finally got a hold of himself but he had missed bits of the conversation following his outburst, since he was containing himself to not decapitated his two allies. He had caught, however, the main idea of the conversation though.

He slowly gets up off his knees and wipes some saliva that had run down to his chin and scratched his head. ''My apologies miss Kyrie, it is very hard for one of my kind to contain himself in front of exposed blood, especially with the scent of yours. If i would have had warning i probably could have contained myself a bit better.'' He briefly pauses and than continues. ''As for my dimension, the only existing world is Transylvane, my world, so i cannot really be much help.'' he says with a shaky voice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 5th March 2012, 8:00 pm

[Attn:Joseph]

Cosmo coughs as she gets up, wobbly, to her feet. "I'll...I'll be all right. Thank you," Cosmo says. In fact...her ankle...it felt entirely better. "I feel better than all right. I feel great!" She proceeds to run around in a circle with her arms out to her sides. "Better than ever!" She then stops and bows. Now she was sure she could get to her friends...sure she could finally get home.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 5th March 2012, 8:04 pm

Joseph laughed as Cosmo ran around happily. "Glad to hear it!" he said cheerfully. "Now, if you'll excuse me..."

He immediately turned and bolted back to where Goliath lay in his stone sleep. "I doubt I will ever get another chance like this and I'm not missing it for the world--or the afterlife."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 5th March 2012, 8:17 pm

"I see," Rae said after Indigo's explanation. It was odd, but each world was different, he supposed.

He then walked over to where Kyrie was at the bookshelf. Rae loved reading, he'd spent much of his time reading in Unvanter. He was interested to see what kinds of books whoever ran this place would have.

"Toss one to me, would you?" he asked.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 5th March 2012, 8:33 pm

{Attn: Rae, Indigo}

Kyrie looks at the massive amount of books as Indigo gets up. He apologizes to her. To which she rolls her eyes, and continues her search. She cannot explain it, but there are a few books that stick out to her. She takes the book off the shelf. “Hey Rae catch. There are some more I need to grab. She pushes herself along the track. She cannot explain it, but she is pulled to some books on the shelf. She grabs a few more books before sliding back to the ceiling..err floor..whatever.

Kyrie loves reading books so she excitedly opens a book. She gets a puzzled look on her face. She looks at the book again. She can read the words, but they don’t make any sense. It is like the words are in the wrong order. She tries holding the book upside down and sideways thinking the gravity may have affected it. She finally shakes her head. “Well I can’t read it, Indigo can you? What about you Rae?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top