Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of the Zodiac

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legend of the Zodiac - Page 6 Empty Legend of the Zodiac

Post by Ink 5th February 2012, 4:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Long ago, The Zodiac reigned supreme. Towering beasts whose power was unmatched. They raged on for millenia, laying waste to all that stood in their paths. No living creature went unnoticed. All was reduced to ash and ruin. This would go on for many years. Then, a beacon of hope shone over the world. A cataclysmic event swept over the land. The Zodiac fell. She who held our Earth took the weakened beasts and cast them out into the stars where they became spirits. The very power of these spirits moved the lights in the sky and gave form to the constellations we see every night, looking up into the sky. That is the legend of The 12 Zodiac Beasts.

Ages later, the rise of a new threat would bring about a new legend. This threat came in the form of The Titans. The Titans were massive creatures, embodying the very forces of nature herself. Their power was unrivaled. It was said that even the combined might of The Gods could not defeat them. However, The Gods knew that there was one hope. The Zodiac Beasts. These entities, when acting in unison, dwarfed the power of the gods. They could very well challenge that of the Titans. Using their own divine abilities, they transformed mankind into a series of conduits who could potentially draw on the power of the spirits in the constellations. They then chose the twelve most worthy individuals and granted them the power of The Zodiac.

The Zodiac challenged the Titans effective immediately. Led by the mighty Capricorn, the Titans were very much challenged. The battle raged for many days and many nights. Finally, the first of fatal injuries was made. Leo was critically wounded as was the predication of an elderly oracle woman. Now hope seemed thin. The Zodiac felt that even they could not stop the Titans. All seemed futile.

Then came the action that would define this age old war. The Gemini Twins conceived what they thought to be brilliance. Even against the wisdom of the Libra, they defied all sense. In a lapse of desperation, they took themselves to the constellation of The Gemini Zodiac Beast and absorbed the creatures spirit, growing vastly more powerful. But this was a short lived victory. The spirit of this devilish creature was too much for them to control. It overwhelmed them, corrupted them. It turned them into that which they swore to destroy. They became two beings of pure malice. With this power they could track down and destroy the Titans one by one.

Unfortunately, the Titans had grown wise when the mighty god of the underworld told them to be on the alert. They grouped together and easily defeated the twins. The remaining Zodiac Warriors then took the advice of the gods. They knew very well that they could not destroy the Titans. But they could defeat them. They led the Titans to a mountain and tricked the Titans into bringing it down on top of themselves, forming an inescapable prison around them. That was the end of the Titans...for the time being.

The Gemini Twins were imprisoned and all was set right again. However, not all will remain so. The Gemini did vow their ultimate return and they swore that they would destroy the gods for imprisoning them...and now they have escaped. They overpowered the underworld god and set an armada of underworld fiends loose in the land of the living. Now they seek the prison of the Titans...So it is only a matter of time.

Some six years ago, a young girl clings to a young boy as he stands in the doorway with a bag packed full of his belongings. "No, Faulkner! Don't go! You can't go! Mama and Papa wouldn't want this for you and neither do auntie and uncle!" The poor child cries as she tries to pull him back inside but he refuses to budge. "Please don't go," she whimpers. No such luck, however. Her brother had made up his mind. Without another word, he forcefully pulls away from her and walks off into the darkness of night. The girls he leaves standing in the door can only watch as he does so. She watched until he disappears over the hilltop. Then, she walks back inside.

Six years later, the girl is now a young woman. She stands in a new doorway now. This one, a doorway to an ancient building, a school. The doors are towering and made of stone. The double doors begin to open and she instantly sees a wave of soldiers in the front, practicing their sword exercises. Tucked to her side is what appears to be a rapier. She walks inside and is instantly stopped by two soldiers who immediately acknowledge her as a budding warrior. "Well, hello," one of them says. "So I take it you're a soldier-to-be?"

"O-oh, not exactly," the girl says.

"Oh? Then what are you? Cone on, then, what's your name?"

"My name? It's Reyna Harte."

With that, the both of them back away. Harte was a name they knew rather well. It would likely mean their end if ever they caused trouble for her. Faulkner Harte, this girl's brother, was one who put up with no nonsense. Even if he didn't particularly care for his sister, she could very easily tell him that she'd caught two soldiers goofing around. "Oh, do excuse us, miss. We mistook you for another. The ladies facility is in that direction," the other of the two soldiers says. Reyna then turns her head and approaches the female quarters rather deliberately.

Over the course of the next several days, Reyna must settle herself in and is eventually taken by one of the gods' messengers to the Zodiac Warrior training ground. Here she sat alone awaiting the arrival of the others so she might introduce herself. She knew that rumors had been circulating regarding the new student's arrival being a Capricorn and a Zodiac Warrior. Yet while she awaits the arrival of the others, she sits at the table to the far left of the room and reads over the book she'd been given upon entry.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Legend of the Zodiac - Page 6 Empty Re: Legend of the Zodiac

Post by Phirron 18th March 2012, 4:10 pm

{ATTN: Reyna, Linda}

Phirina becomes conscious again as someone pours some Mystic Water into her mouth. She hears someone speaking to Reyna and vaguely makes out a blurring profile of who this person is before she feels her ear pressed into the woman’s chest.

Again she hears some talking and hears something about Healing Nectar, and immediately recognizes what it is from her studies with the healers. Soon she taste some sweet drops of some kind of liquid and then a rush of warmth fills her veins and she can feel her ribs healing quicker than she thought possible. Clarity comes to her vision and she realizes the mystery woman was none other than Linda the Aquarius Zodiac Warrior she quickly thanks her as she realizes she had been given Healing Nectar, and as she was thanking Linda she heard Reyna’s words.

Upon hearing that she was accepted into Reyna’s Army for the Zodiac Games Phirina smiles and starts tearing up saying “Thank you, Reyna, thank you.”

She tries to stand up on her own and wince as her mending ribs were still a little tender and she begins to feel light headed. As such doesn’t make out what Promethus says and simply says “Food” as she manages to pull herself into a nearby chair.
Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 22nd March 2012, 9:40 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Linnea glanced up as she saw Promethus speaking, but didn't may much mind to him. Instead she glanced over her troop. "Alright," she said. "Go get what you need, fast as you can. We'll meet up back here in half an hour, then move out to start planning. Understood?"

She spoke with an easy, confident tone, almost overconfident, and her team nodded. She waved a hand, and they scattered, moving about quickly to pull together supplies that they would need for the games ahead.

Linnea felt the urge to reach up and rub her injured shoulder. She wouldn't be able to fight as well one handed, but... she could still think. That was, after all, what she was best at.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 24th March 2012, 8:03 pm

{ATTN: Open}

Phirina gratefully thanked the server who brought her a plate of food and dug in famished from not eating while she was healing. She ate with enthusiasm surprised at how hungry she actually was. Once she was done she got up and thanked Reyna again and tells her where her room is saying, “If ever you need me don’t hesitate to drop by and feel free to come and talk to me if you ever have some free time. Well I’m off to get some rest unless me to do something else first?”

Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 24th March 2012, 10:58 pm

[Attn: Phirina]

Reyna glances to Phirina when the injured yet healing soldier pulls her aside whilst she works with her soldiers and her guide to plan out strategy for the Zodiac Games. "Huh? Oh. All right, I will try to remember your room. You should really try to rest now. You're still very limp."

[Attn: Open]

Throughout the course of the day, the many Zodiac armies begin to unite. Reyna and her army work diligently to assure that they can prove themselves as worthy competition. Still, Reyna watches as other armies do drills throughout campus and rehearse strategies. It was...intimidating. Especially the Leo and the Taurus. Everything they did. It was almost all flawless. In fact, Nel would scold anyone within her army to make even the slightest of mistakes. Roderick would pay less mind to this. He merely thought these things over. Seeing the strengths and weaknesses of his combination of soldiers was playing itself well.

Reyna found herself trying to do the same. Still, her evaluation abilities were not as developed as they could be. She was a beginner and this wasn't something she was keen on. Could she trust any of the other Warriors to give her advice? Linda was nice enough. Still...she was competing with them. Opponents at battle wouldn't be so kind as to give advice in these situations so she didn't expect her quarry here to be either.

Then there was Nel. Every now and again she would turn her attention to the others; specifically the Capricorn army. Reyna, the beginner that she was, was doing as was to be expected. Nel all but sneered at the girl, laughing inwardly with a rather smug grin. The prodigal young girl conducted her army like an actual general. These games were a serious thing to her.

At last Reyna decides to give her army a brief moment of rest. She then approaches Linda. Curiously, her army was merely resting as well. Oh, wait. They were stretching. It was wise of her, she'd give Linda that. "Excuse me," Reyna says, approaching Linda who sits on a mat, legs crossed, eyes closed, holding a cup of tea. The Aquarius then looks up at the young Capricorn. "I...would you mind telling me a few things?"

"Sure thing, hon, what's the problem?"

"I...I would like to know a bit about the others but-"

"But it's intimidating lookin' at 'em all like this. Yeah, that was me when I first came here too. That and you drew the short stick, bein' s'young. Most of 'em look down on you. All right, let's go," Linda says, standing up and drinking the rest of her tea before beginning to walk off.

Reyna stands where she is and watches as Linda begins to walk away. When Linda turns and looks over her shoulder, nodding for Reyna to follow her, she does just that. Eventually they find themselves in a large room at the end of a long hallway. In the center of that room, elevated on a slab of stone is an enormous red book. "What's this?"

"It's the Chamber of Legends. How much do you know about the Zodiac?"

Reyna then thinks it over. She knows only what knowledge was implanted into her memory by the gods when she accepted their offer to become the next Capricorn Zodiac Warrior. That much she could recite. She could remember how many, many years ago there were twelve beasts known as The Zodiac which Mother Earth herself was able to consume and reject, casting them out among the stars. When the Titans threatened the Earth again several millenia later, the God empowered a thirteen individuals by connecting them to The Zodiac Beasts. In fighting the Titans, The Zodiac Warriors found themselves to be losing but the two Gemini Warriors found a solution in absorbing the full essence of their constellation. It corrupted them and transformed them into evil beings, bent on wanton destruction. She goes on to explain the rest of the story from there. "What about it?"

"Even when the twins and Titans were dealt with, The Twins swore they'd be breakin' out of there sooner or later. So the gods kept the Zodiac on Earth. The originals made this school. There have been generations of Zodiac Warriors. This hall is full of images of them and things they owned. The last generation of Zodiac Warriors happens to be the very group that's teaching ours. The last generations protected the world from other threats. But when the ultimate purpose of The Zodiac Warriors is fulfilled, I reckon that it'll all be over and the power can go back to the stars."

"The Zodiac Games...they've been around since the beginning, right?"

Linda nods. "Yep. When this little school was dreamed up, it was done based on the games. The Warriors collected strong young warriors to teach and lead against one another in War Games to keep their skills sharp. Promethus is the last generation's Aries. He always lost the games but he wound up bein' some kind of big hero. Never tells us what happened and his page was torn out of the book."

"How long have the rest of you been here?"

"Oh, I've been here about three years. I know that Nel girl's been here for about seven."

"Seven? Then why isn't she in the Elite Rank?"

Linda then giggles to herself. "This place doesn't work like a normal school. You're don't just base your rank by how long you've been here. You have to take the tests to advance your rank. From what I understand, Nel got here at twelve and half way through year one, she passed the Novice test. Three years, she just honed up her skills. Year four...boom. Intermediate passed in a flash. Year five, she hit Advanced. She's real good. I think her only goal in life is to be the best Zodiac Warrior ever."

"What about the others? And...and the games?"

"Well, Nel's won it three times. Rod's won it twice. I just completely space after that. I never cared much about the games. Just look out for the Leo, the Scorpio, and the Taurus. They're the heavy hitters."

Linda then leaves Reyna in the room. Once she's gone, Reyna flips the pages of the book. She then picks it up from that slab of stone and sits down with it, reading it over. There were dozens if not hundreds of Warriors in it. Then it came to the back of the book...the cod of the Zodiac. As she begins to read it, she begins to think over the entire ordeal.

Later on in that day, Promethus stands before the Warriors and their armies. "Greetings, students!" He says, his hands extended to the sky. "Welcome to the Annual Zodiac Games! I see now that the armies have finished preparing. I will quickly go over the basic rules. The perimeter has been marked. You will be monitored by Watchers," he says, as sixteen figures simply appear in a blur. They were all wrapped up in black with swords at their sides. What were these, ninjas? That was...a twist. "You may use all of the land within the marked perimeter. If you ever exit the perimeter, you lose the games. The Watchers WILL know. The perimeters are marked by a ring of aura. It includes the mountainous region to the East, the valley to the south, and the wastelands to the north and west. If a Zodiac Warrior falls, they and their army are to report back with a Watcher. The Watchers will be there during a fight to alert you on who the victor of any battle is. Now let your armies scatter. You will begin at first Moon when you see the Sunbeam Pillar rise into the sky," Promethus says, pointing out the sunset and that they have until the moon rises to be scattered throughout the perimeter.

At this, each army runs for it, making their way off, with their warrior, into the massive perimeter. The Watchers disappear as quickly as they had come and the games...had begun.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 25th March 2012, 12:01 am

When the groups were given time to train and ready themselves, Kyrios wasted no time when he drilled his army, looking for strengths, weaknesses, and roles for each person to fill. This year, the name of the game would be stealth. That meant using the night and its darkness as a primary advantage. That also meant teaching the army how to operate in dark areas. The two who were second in command were already used to moving around in the darkness, so they helped Kyrios teach the others in a sealed off room with no windows. Other than that, the group trained in communicating signals, moving stealthily, and a little hand-to-hand combat. By the end of the training, Kyrios still had doubts buzzing around in his head, but it was the best he could do.

When the games started, Kyrios and his group darted north in an organized fashion. The wastelands would provide cover and plenty of surfaces to break up their silhouettes compared to the other areas.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Baal Xoia 25th March 2012, 11:19 am

Xoia had been wandering around in this maze of caves for hours, and he had killed at least a dozen people, the cuts attesting to it. One should have almost severed his arm, but hadn't gone in nearly as far as it should, thanks in part to the leather armor. He thought back to the encounter that wasn't quite a dream. He thought he had been asleep, but knew that it was much more than that.

He finally saw a light at the end of the tunnel. A crack ran, about three feet tall and a few inches wide. He didn't have any more time to be stealthy. He took the last of his bombs, which was miraculously still in his pouch, and wedged it in the crack. Picking up a good sized rock he threw it at the flask, and covered his ears when the loud explosion rocked the cavern. So much for stealth. The crack was now barely wide enough for him to fit through, and he squeezed out, taking note of his bearings. He new where he was, and he wasn't far from the school. Running, despite his exaustion, he should make it in an hour or two, if he wasn't captured before then.
Baal Xoia
Baal Xoia

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 25th March 2012, 4:29 pm

{Attn: All}

Before she was ready it was time for her team to meet with the others. They are far from an oiled machine, and she knows it was her fault. If she was more experienced, they would have done better.

Soon they are at the battle grounds. Lucette listens closely to as Promethus lays out the rules of the battle. “Ok guys let’s move out! I want to go try your hardest and she them how to do it!” Sure her words are full of confidence, she looks out at her troops and smiles.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 25th March 2012, 8:20 pm

Phirina heads back to her room and gets some rest waking up about an hour before dinner. She freshens up changes her clothes and heads out for the mess hall. She did this all without wincing and indeed it took until she was about halfway to the mess hall that her ribs while still hurt don’t in the slightest feel as bad as they had earlier that morning. She made a mental note to ask either the healers or Linda where she could acquire the healing nectar for it would not only be useful for her own personal use but for any she was caring about herself.

A few minutes later she arrives at the mess hall and takes her place with the Capricorns Army to await both the meal and the start of the Zodiac Games. At the end of the meal Promethus announces the rules of this year’s games and thus they started. Phirina falls into rank and awaits Reyna’s orders to move out.
Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 28th March 2012, 6:39 pm

Linnea worked at her team all that day, separating them into several smaller groups. Larger groups were harder to take down than anyone flying solo, and she knew that with her injury, she would be a top target for an 'easy' kill, and her fall would mean the end of the team. The game this year was stealth and trickery - she herself dressed dark, milling about her men aimlessly before the games began, before tacking herself onto one of her five teams as they all scattered.

Linnea kept her spear strapped across her back, her steps silent, as she integrated herself into the group. She had grabbed a cloak to throw over her shoulder, hiding the telltale injury.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 29th March 2012, 8:41 pm

The instant Promethus gives the command, Reyna gives hers. The army begins rushing off. Their strategy? Ill conceived perhaps but the best tactic here would be to use guerrilla strategies. Hit-and-Run. Her army couldn't afford to get into any longer clashes. If she was made to fight any of the other Warriors, she'd be finished. She knew that the instant two Warriors meet eye-to-eye, they would have to fight. The Warrior that loses would then return to the school with the Watcher and their army.

It was for this reason that Reyna chose to head to the lower mountainous areas. It was all forest over there. The perimeter was massive. They'd have plenty of time to take positions, set up a camp, and prepare for anything. They wouldn't be there right away by any means but they didn't have to worry. The official start wouldn't be until the rising of the moon. In any case, the games were on.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 29th March 2012, 9:47 pm

AT her orders Phirina and the rest of the Capricorn Army moved out heading for the forested area of the lower mountainous areas. From her studies and years at the school she good guess at what strategy they would be using, either guerrilla hit-and-run strategies, or traps. Either way it was a good idea seeing as their army was not nearly as strong as lot of them, and that Reyna was so new to the school.

At the fast paced march they were taking Phirina couldn’t help but notice the sting of her ribs but also noticed that they had truly healed a lot since she had received the healing nectar. For all intents and purposes she shouldn’t be able to keep up with the pace they were taking yet she was though not without pain. She realized that as long as they were still in it in a day or two she could fight during the games as well as heal.

Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 2nd April 2012, 8:48 am

When Kyrios reached a good place to rest, he let his army stay there until sun fall. The area was surrounded by several tall, dilapidated houses and had few points of entry, so it was the perfect spot to set up camp. One of the new soldiers hastily broke out a bottle of water and began gulping it down. Kyrios shot the soldier a threatening glare, causing him to put down the bottle immediately. "All right. This will be our resting place for now, but don't get too comfortable. As soon as the sun goes down, we're leaving. So check your gear and make sure you're ready." The commander said. He then ordered two soldiers to guard the entry points and watch for any movement while the rest rationed their supplies.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 4th April 2012, 8:24 pm

{Attn: Open}

Lucette leads her army on the field. She looks around at the terrain. Some of the other armies have rushed off to certain areas. "Alright guys, it's the calm before the storm. I want to to relax and observe the other teams, especially the leaders. They are going to be your primary targets, not the troops."

Truth be told she is scared. She only hopes that the other leaders underestimate her and her leadership abilities.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th April 2012, 6:04 pm

It would be some time before the games were to begin. With this span of a few short hours, Reyna settled her army into a comfortable spot of the woods at the foot of the mountains. The forestry was thick enough that Reyna's army could escape easily should any others invade. It would be at least another five hours. Climbing the mountain now would leave their army too easily exposed. They couldn't turn around, lest they be willing to march, head-on, into a slaughter. Here they would rest until the first moon.

Reyna sits on a fallen log and stares into a fire that one of her survival experts had stricken. It was a large, warm blaze. It gave off plenty of heat for the cold night to come. But given a moment and Reyna would find herself met with the company of another of her soldiers. The young, dark skinned girl she'd picked. They exchanged no words, only allowing the fire to cast its glow upon their faces as they stared into it. Reyna had hardly paid the girl any mind, for that matter. The fire was more than a comfort, light, or source of heat to her at this moment. It was a reminder. She remembered one day when she was young. Back then she and her brother were incredibly close. He'd stricken a fire for her while they were out in the woods, camping with their parents. She remembered what he'd told her. "Reyna, don't worry. As long as I live, I'll always be watching out for you." But as one could guess, this didn't hold. Her brother had begun to grow more and more distant with every passing year until the point when he would rarely speak to her unless it was necessary.

Reyna only manages her way back into reality when she hears a voice. It was the girl beside her. She'd spoken up though quietly and not very confidently. "H-huh?" Reyna questions, turning to her with large eyes. An intrusion into her world...it must have been a shock.

"I said my name is Mica. Reyna, yeah?"

"Yes," Reyna says, turning back to the fire. "So you...you have a brother."

Mica looks, without moving her head, in Reyna's direction. That wasn't the response she'd had in mind. "Yes. He's Attuma...a survivalist. He struck up this fire. If...if I may ask...why did you choose us? We're only Novice rank. What could we possibly offer you in this effort?"

Reyna simply looks to the trees around them and sees the remainder of her army either standing around, training, or setting the area. "There is only one thing you can offer me. Offer me your all. Just do the best you can."

Mica was suddenly taken off guard. Reyna was rather relaxed about this and she almost seemed to know entirely what she was doing. But in any event, she responds with only a nod before the quiet is interrupted by none other than her sibling, Attuma. "So you're the Capricorn the Warriors have been waiting for. My name is-"

"I know your're name," Reyna interrupts. Attuma had approached the girls from behind and at Reyna's stinging quick remark, she only scratched his head. "Thank you for the support."

"Oh, well...you're welcome and all but the truth is, I'm only looking after my sister. She's my top priority. Still though...if you need anything, just ask and I'll see what I can do."

Reyna then closes her eyes as the two of them leaves. The next few hours were all too uneventful. At first moon, the army was up and on the move. Reyna had taken the time to assess what she knew of the others based on what she studied when watching them. The Aquarius was one of the best medical experts in the school. That would have to be watched. The Pisces and Sagittarius were both the sort to keep low profiles. They would most likely be following other armies around with their own. Then there was the Aries who honestly didn't seem to have any idea what to do with her team. It did seem to be built dominantly on her obsession with being the strongest and would more than likely be based on brute force. The Virgo was just as knew as Reyna...and just as distant, possibly somewhat less. But she was older and stronger. She would still have to be careful. Things would get difficult when it came down to those remaining. The Libra would be able to deduce everything that she did before she could ever think of it. The Taurus's army was built to reflect him. He was far more experienced yet had the smallest army. The Scorpio seemed a brilliant enough tactician with the combat prowess to back it up. And then came the Leo. Perhaps it was fitting for the Leo to be called Reyna's first concern. She was certainly had it out for the young Capricorn and was one of the more experienced warriors. This would be a hard-fought game.

"We'll travel along the base of the mountain," Reyna says. "If any army were to cut us off, we'll ascend and then take to the other side. After that, what happens will vary. If the Libra, Virgo, Pisces, or Aquarius armies, let them chase you down a bit. Then, when you're far enough, turn right back around and start fighting to the top so we can corner them. If any of the other armies...run for the open." Reyna hadn't the faintest idea of whether or not this strategy would work. It was simple enough but, at the same time, lacked any for of true guidance.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th April 2012, 11:30 am

Lucette goes to the forest area. "Ok guys tell me what we need to know about the leaders of the other team. Here is what I know Libra is wounded, so her army will be protecting her. Capricorn is a new one just like me. However she seems to be close to another solider, maybe related. So she may be tougher than she appears. Taurus has the smallest army, but he seems to be strong. Aquarius knows how to heal others, so she will be tough. I can heal myself, but not others. I think the best thing at this point is to watch the others. Let them charge in and sneak in behind them."

She looks around the rest of her troops. "Do you have any other recommendations or suggestions? I may be a leader, but my success depends on you guys."

She watches as the moon rises. "Now, stay alert guys, the games have begun."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 8th April 2012, 3:15 pm

As soon as the moon rose, Kyrios turned to his team. They were all standing there, muddling about, training, or doing otherwise. "Alright guys, listen up. I have formulated our temporary plan of attack." When the group huddled around him, he proceeded to explain his strategy. "I will sneak up close to the enemy and use my toxic gas to smoke them out. If everything goes perfectly, a couple of them will fall victim to my gas before they even know it. Now, it would be stupid for the enemy to sit around when they know they're in a toxic area, so they will either scatter or move out. That's when you all come in. First, I want those who use long range weapons to pick off any enemies you can, myself included. Then, I want those who use short range weapons to go in and fight. Do your best, and try to spread out the enemy. Finally, I'll go in and go after the Zodiac Warrior. Also, keep the direction of the wind in mind, because that will dictate where I am and where not to go. If you get caught in my toxic gas, you'll end up paralyzed or dead. Any questions so far?"

One of Kyrios' second in command soldiers raised his hand. "Where will we be when you gas the place?" Kyrios grinned and answered. "You all will be spread out behind me in a sort of semi circle. That way, you'll have plenty of vision without the danger of getting in my toxic cloud. Any more questions?" One novice spoke up. "Why is this a temporary plan? Sounds pretty good to me." Kyrios then looked the boy straight in the eyes. "Because in here, there's no telling what can happen." After that remark, Kyrios stood straight and grabbed his supplies. "Let's go huntin', boys." He said before quietly making his way out of the area. The group followed right behind him, as stealthily as they could be.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 14th April 2012, 10:40 pm

Linnea followed after the team she had tagged along with, keeping her injured arm hidden. The other teams already had their orders - spread out, stay hidden, and cause havoc. The goal was to throw them off before they could get themselves set up - a quick attack by a skilled team of soldiers while the other armies were still formulating plans would knock them out of the game quickly.

She knew such a strategy wouldn't work well on the big players - those who knew what they were doing probably already had a plan in place. But it would take out the small fish quickly, meaning they wouldn't have to worry about some upstart jumping into a fight that was already going on and taking advantage of the confusion.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 9th May 2012, 9:51 pm

Reyna walks along the base of the mountain slowly with the half of her army on the defensive. If any lesser name armies approached, her party would head over the mountain and then turn right around to chase them back to the top where the other party would be waiting. Sandwiching in the lesser name armies was the easiest way for the less experienced groups to go about this process. As far as the bigger name armies...well that would be much more difficult, now wouldn't it. Still Reyna holds one hand over her rapier. Phirina, Mica, and Attuma were in her party as well, walking tend paces ahead of her. She was covering the rear, it seemed. "Be on the look out. In these more forested areas, the Sagittarius, Libra, and Scorpio are bound to be the most dangerous."

In the plains, the Leo army marched in a large huddle. The perimeter of this huddle was entirely built of the stronger, sturdier fighters. Those inside were faster, and much more lethal in numbers together than spread out. If anyone could manage to breach the wall of muscle around them, they'd soon meet a barrage of quick successive attacks that'd surely get them removed from the game.

The Leo herself held her own position in the dead center. She could tell already how this would pan out. The first army she would end up fighting was going to be the Taurus. But when that was over, she only had eyes for two others; The Scorpio and the Capricorn.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 12th May 2012, 9:31 am

Lucette hears movement in the distance. She looks out, but sees nothing. The moonlight obscures any sort of visions they have. They will have to wait for the armies to approach them. She knows it is risky, but it is a good plan. Let the others tire themselves out first before approaching them. The forest will give them the advantage of a surprise attack.

She sees a small army approaching. It appears to be Capricorn…ugh Reyna’s army, but it was not her complete army. She knows Reyna selected more. It would be easier to attack a smaller army, all they have to do is defeat the leaders after all. Lucette thinks for a moment before holding up her hand. The signal indicating not to attack. Capricorn is the future leader, she will be the one who will draw out the others. Lucette just hopes her decision does not cost them.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 14th May 2012, 2:55 pm

{ATTN: Reyna}

Phirina nods her understanding as Reyna gives her orders and then scans the surroundings keeping all her senses active. Time passes and they move forward at a steady but almost silent pace pausing every once in a while at various sounds but only checking a few out only to find an animal of some sort had just paced by. Then a loud thud and cry of agony was heard off in the distant, Phirina quickly help up a hand and quietly unsheathed her quarterstaff from her back as she dodged back behind a nearby tree to both await which army/armies where ahead of them and the corresponding actions to take.

Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 16th May 2012, 10:23 pm

[ATTN: Reyna]

Linnea's team continued on silently, not making a sound. She pulled up her cloak as it started to slip, her spear held loosely in her good hand.

One of her men near the front raised his hand - one group sighted. There was a pause as the group turned to look at her, and she pointed out two of them, sending them out to further scout. They took a long time before coming back, and when they did, a quick series of hand signals revealed the target - the Capricorn herself. A series of hand signals told her plan - spread out and flank them along one side, drive for the Capricorn. Linnea held her breath, moving silently as her team fanned out. Always aware of your surroundings. She glanced back behind her occasionally - now would be a great time for someone else to attack her team. She'd be wary.

She held up one hand. Wait...
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 18th May 2012, 7:43 am

Lucette sees another army approaching. It is the Libra army. She smiles and signals to the rest of her team. They stay hidden up in the trees. This is exactly what her intentions are. Let the other armies battle between and they will take them when they are weak. She waits silently for the two armies to make their moves.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 25th May 2012, 8:27 pm

The Scorpio and his team dash silently from the wastelands and out into the plains. The group kept its head low as it silently scurried around, looking for its first target. Kyrios's two best men were ahead of the pack, scouting for any armies. They found Leo's army fresh after a battle, but it was difficult to see who was the loser of the fight. Without a word, the two men returned to Kyrios with the news. With the little protection that the plains provided, utilizing Kyrios's plan would be impossible. The leader then decided to keep a far distance from the enemy team and progress into the trees. With any luck, he wouldn't have to face her later on.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th June 2012, 6:40 pm

Reyna and her army had come to a stop. Thus she finds herself alerted when she hears the sound of a twig snapping and turns around. "Oh no," she says to herself. "Everyone, up the mountain!" She says. She and her army then break away from the path and race up the side of the mountain. There were other armies close by. She could feel it.

The Leo had defeated several members of the Taurus army though the Taurus himself and several members hadn't yet been seen. It seemed as though he'd sent a distraction fleet. She watched as several Taurus army soldiers are guided back by the overseers of the games who had acknowledged their defeat. They saw all...and so did the Leo. She knew there was an army nearby. She hadn't known who or if they intended to attack but they were there.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 24th June 2012, 9:55 pm

[ATTN: Reyna, Open]

Linnea scowled as she heard the sound of the Capricorn's army fleeing. Their advantage was lost. She shook her head and waved her hand for her army to stand down. They'd wait to attack until they had regained the advantage.

Linnea's small force blended back into the forest, silent, waiting.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top