Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legend of the Zodiac

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Legend of the Zodiac - Page 2 Empty Legend of the Zodiac

Post by Ink 5th February 2012, 4:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Long ago, The Zodiac reigned supreme. Towering beasts whose power was unmatched. They raged on for millenia, laying waste to all that stood in their paths. No living creature went unnoticed. All was reduced to ash and ruin. This would go on for many years. Then, a beacon of hope shone over the world. A cataclysmic event swept over the land. The Zodiac fell. She who held our Earth took the weakened beasts and cast them out into the stars where they became spirits. The very power of these spirits moved the lights in the sky and gave form to the constellations we see every night, looking up into the sky. That is the legend of The 12 Zodiac Beasts.

Ages later, the rise of a new threat would bring about a new legend. This threat came in the form of The Titans. The Titans were massive creatures, embodying the very forces of nature herself. Their power was unrivaled. It was said that even the combined might of The Gods could not defeat them. However, The Gods knew that there was one hope. The Zodiac Beasts. These entities, when acting in unison, dwarfed the power of the gods. They could very well challenge that of the Titans. Using their own divine abilities, they transformed mankind into a series of conduits who could potentially draw on the power of the spirits in the constellations. They then chose the twelve most worthy individuals and granted them the power of The Zodiac.

The Zodiac challenged the Titans effective immediately. Led by the mighty Capricorn, the Titans were very much challenged. The battle raged for many days and many nights. Finally, the first of fatal injuries was made. Leo was critically wounded as was the predication of an elderly oracle woman. Now hope seemed thin. The Zodiac felt that even they could not stop the Titans. All seemed futile.

Then came the action that would define this age old war. The Gemini Twins conceived what they thought to be brilliance. Even against the wisdom of the Libra, they defied all sense. In a lapse of desperation, they took themselves to the constellation of The Gemini Zodiac Beast and absorbed the creatures spirit, growing vastly more powerful. But this was a short lived victory. The spirit of this devilish creature was too much for them to control. It overwhelmed them, corrupted them. It turned them into that which they swore to destroy. They became two beings of pure malice. With this power they could track down and destroy the Titans one by one.

Unfortunately, the Titans had grown wise when the mighty god of the underworld told them to be on the alert. They grouped together and easily defeated the twins. The remaining Zodiac Warriors then took the advice of the gods. They knew very well that they could not destroy the Titans. But they could defeat them. They led the Titans to a mountain and tricked the Titans into bringing it down on top of themselves, forming an inescapable prison around them. That was the end of the Titans...for the time being.

The Gemini Twins were imprisoned and all was set right again. However, not all will remain so. The Gemini did vow their ultimate return and they swore that they would destroy the gods for imprisoning them...and now they have escaped. They overpowered the underworld god and set an armada of underworld fiends loose in the land of the living. Now they seek the prison of the Titans...So it is only a matter of time.

Some six years ago, a young girl clings to a young boy as he stands in the doorway with a bag packed full of his belongings. "No, Faulkner! Don't go! You can't go! Mama and Papa wouldn't want this for you and neither do auntie and uncle!" The poor child cries as she tries to pull him back inside but he refuses to budge. "Please don't go," she whimpers. No such luck, however. Her brother had made up his mind. Without another word, he forcefully pulls away from her and walks off into the darkness of night. The girls he leaves standing in the door can only watch as he does so. She watched until he disappears over the hilltop. Then, she walks back inside.

Six years later, the girl is now a young woman. She stands in a new doorway now. This one, a doorway to an ancient building, a school. The doors are towering and made of stone. The double doors begin to open and she instantly sees a wave of soldiers in the front, practicing their sword exercises. Tucked to her side is what appears to be a rapier. She walks inside and is instantly stopped by two soldiers who immediately acknowledge her as a budding warrior. "Well, hello," one of them says. "So I take it you're a soldier-to-be?"

"O-oh, not exactly," the girl says.

"Oh? Then what are you? Cone on, then, what's your name?"

"My name? It's Reyna Harte."

With that, the both of them back away. Harte was a name they knew rather well. It would likely mean their end if ever they caused trouble for her. Faulkner Harte, this girl's brother, was one who put up with no nonsense. Even if he didn't particularly care for his sister, she could very easily tell him that she'd caught two soldiers goofing around. "Oh, do excuse us, miss. We mistook you for another. The ladies facility is in that direction," the other of the two soldiers says. Reyna then turns her head and approaches the female quarters rather deliberately.

Over the course of the next several days, Reyna must settle herself in and is eventually taken by one of the gods' messengers to the Zodiac Warrior training ground. Here she sat alone awaiting the arrival of the others so she might introduce herself. She knew that rumors had been circulating regarding the new student's arrival being a Capricorn and a Zodiac Warrior. Yet while she awaits the arrival of the others, she sits at the table to the far left of the room and reads over the book she'd been given upon entry.
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Legend of the Zodiac - Page 2 Empty Re: Legend of the Zodiac

Post by Phirron 6th February 2012, 8:22 pm

{ATTN: Reyna, Open}

As Reyna shakes her hand Phirina says, “My names Phirina, in a month’s time my training will be complete I have been here the last 10 years of my life and plan to be a combat instructor after my training is done, unless I’m called for elsewhere. Also for your information I’m a bit temperamental at times, I’m a Gemini.”

She then sits down across from her and says, “That’s enough about me, what makes you You?”
Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th February 2012, 8:42 pm

{Attn: Open}

Lucette gets her meal and looks around at the dining hall. She sees the Capricorn with the lady who laughed at her earlier. Never figured her to be a suck up. She wonders who the other Zodiac warriors are. Promenthus did mention there were others. So far so good Virgo...At least I know the other warriors are human now too.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th February 2012, 8:49 pm

[ATTN: Lucette]

Linnea looked away as one of the warriors went to sit with the Capricorn. She frowned, turning away and grabbing a light meal before scanning the room for the other new one - the Virgo, that was it. She found her quickly, sitting by herself, as she had expected, and made her way over.

"Hey, Virgo, right?" Linnea said as she sat down. "Linnea Croix, Libra Zodiac. It appears we're gonna be partners then, right?" She held out her hand to shake. If they were going to be working together, she'd have to find some way to get along with them, she supposed. She could tackle the Virgo now, handle their 'leader' later.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 6th February 2012, 9:22 pm

[Attn: Phirina]

Reyna merely looks down at the surface of the table. "Me? Oh, there isn't much of anything to know. I grew up in a small town with my aunt, uncle, and brother. My parents were killed by monsters one day during one of the town's monthly monster raids. My brother chose to train to be a Zodiac Soldier and came here. And six years later, the gods chose me to be their Capricorn Zodiac Warrior...now here I am."
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th February 2012, 9:29 pm

{Attn Linnea}

Lucette smiles brightly as another young woman sat next to her. She takes her hand and shakes it. “So how long have you been training for? Have you met the other warriors yet? I ran into the one sitting by…Ms. Harte, she has a bit of an attitude problem. Then again she was at the training grounds. Oh listen to me jabber on, you must have something more important to do.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th February 2012, 9:45 pm

[ATTN: Lucette]

"Nope, nothing," she said, shaking her head. She had no one better to sit with anyway. For some reason, most of the people here didn't like her. She couldn't imagine why. "There's nothing more important than meeting your team," she said. "I know the Scorpio, sort of, and I've been training for two years and three months." She rattled off the statistic quickly, almost absently.

She looked over at the Capricorn and the warrior sitting next to her, and grimaced. "Yeah," she said, "a lot of people here do have that sort of 'attitude problem.' It's a real pain."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th February 2012, 10:00 pm

{Attn: Linnea}

"I just hope they aren't to hard on us in the beginning. I am not an expert with the whip. Although my horse riding skills are above par." She states as Linnea looks at Ms. Harte. She takes a bite of her food. "Go ahead and say hi to her. I am sure she would like to meet more of the warriors. I don't want to be in her shoes, such a huge responsibility at a young age."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 6th February 2012, 10:08 pm

{ATTN: Reyna}

“I’m sorry to hear that Reyna, that just makes me more determined to beat the sh*t out of those treacherous swine that the Gemini Twins are!!”

As she stated this her expression turned into livid rage and her face turned scarlet red with fury. Right afterwards though she composed herself looking rather embarrassed.

“I’m sorry for that outburst Reyna….I…. didn’t mean too….”

Phirina gets up to walk away, cursing herself under her breath, ashamed that she had lost it twice in one day… in front of two Z-warriors one of which being the leader of the Z-warriors at that.

Last edited by Phirron on 6th February 2012, 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Baal Xoia 6th February 2012, 10:14 pm

Xoia allowed himself a few minutes to relax and eat. But soon he knew he had to get back to
work. He walks into the kitchens, and immidately starts working in cleaning off the counters, scrubbing pots, and fetching water from outside. he worked quietly, and didn't really talk to anyone. As soon as he was done with cleaning( about an hour later) he returned to his room.

He lit a candle and started to read his book.
Baal Xoia
Baal Xoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 6th February 2012, 11:02 pm

[Attn: Lucette, Linnea]

Kyrios decided to grab a quick meal after smacking one of his schoolmates in the back of the head for making a rude remark about Reyna. Even though the girl was young, she still deserved respect. Kyrios took a seat at Lucette and Linnea's table and took a small bite of his food. "Good evening ladies. Sorry to interrupt your conversation, but I would like meet our newest guest firsthand." He then turned his piercing eyes to Lucette. "I'm Kyrios Bonaparte, but you can call me Kyrios, or Scorpio."
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th February 2012, 11:47 pm

{Attn: Linnea, Kyrios}

Lucette took another bite as a young man sits at the table with her and Linnea. She could not help but feel a bit flustered under his gaze as he introduces himself to her. “Thank you Kyrios. I am Lucette, but you already knew that. So how long have you been at the school for?” She holds out her hand to him. She considers herself lucky that the other Warriors seemed to be friendly. “I look forward to working with you.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th February 2012, 8:57 am

[Attn: Open]

Promethos then stands once more before the crowd of students with another instructor by his side. "Now, I would like all Zodiac Warriors to please stand where they are," he says. At this statement, Reyna stands last after the rest have risen. She looks around to find what others stand around her. All of them were older, significantly so, in fact. First stood one man, older than all of them, it seemed. Then stood a younger woman, younger but still not as young as Reyna. Perhaps mid twenties by age. One woman stands, her body in the amphibious form of the Pisces but she soon reverts to her human form. The rest all stood, some rather confidently, some rather in-between. "Now were still require some. But our Warriors are looking to be a beacon of hope in this war. Allow me to be the first to say...The Zodiac...are Eternal." With that, a great number of those in the crowd begin to cheer.

Rather quickly, they seemed to have forgotten the very thing that would likely have set them all back. Reyna stands there rather indifferently, only looking away from the surface of her table every now and again. This...was bound to be something she would not forget.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th February 2012, 10:48 am

{Attn: All}

When Promenthus asked the Warriors to stand, it took a moment for it to click that he meant her too. Her eyes circle the room to see the others standing. When he spoke it hit her....hard. She is among an elite few, chosen by a god. She puts her hand on her chest and one on a table to steady herself. These people, all of them are going to depend on her along with the others standing.

She looks over at Ms. Harte. They are going to be under her command. Lucette's mind started to race. What happens if they fail, or don't cooperate like a team should? What happens if they aren't strong enough?

She only hopes no one sees the worried look on her face.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 7th February 2012, 10:59 am

{ATTN: Open}

Phirina was so disgusted with herself that she left the dining hall and went straight to her dorm room where she collapsed onto her bed crying her eyes out. Once again she found herself thinking about being the Gemini Z-Warrior.

Not only did she hate the TWINS and think she could do a better job than they ever could, but becoming the Gemini Z-Warrior would probably be the closest she could ever come to being “stable.” She hates not being in control of her emotions. She can never tell if she will be mad, upset, crying, happy, and joyful at any given moment.

If she could only become the Gemini Z-warrior she could train to balance out all the emotions running through her head. She could even choose which personality to be in if only she could be chosen by the Gods.

These thoughts kept running through her head has she slowly cried herself to sleep wondering if ever she could be so lucking to receive the one chance she has at being “stable.”

Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 7th February 2012, 5:22 pm

[Attn: Lucette, All]

"I've been here for about 5 years now. My parents wanted me to join the academy once they saw how skilled I was at fighting." He looks down at the woman's hand with a bit of a confused expression and shakes it slowly with his own hand. "As do I." He responded to her last comment.

When the Zodiac Warriors were told to stand, Kyrios let out a small sigh and stood with his back straight. He kept his eyes on Promethos and Promethos alone. He was used to congratulations, but he didn't join to impress. Kyrios' eyes wandered to Lucette who appeared to be as nervous as when she was on the stage. He nudged her in the side with his elbow to get her attention. "Hey, lighten up. People won't take you seriously if you're always so nervous."
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th February 2012, 5:32 pm

{Attn: Kyrios, Open}

Lucette looks over at Kyrios as he nudges her. She can see the pride in his posture. Maybe that is something she will gain over time herself. She nods at him and stands up straighter. “Is this better Scorpio?” She asks with a smile on her face and a wink.

She does feel better that some of them are seasoned. She keeps an eye on Kyrios hoping that she can learn a lot from him.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 7th February 2012, 6:13 pm

[Attn: Open]

The next morning, Reyna is making her way from the dining hall, getting her morning's fill when she overhears a conversation. The hall was only about one third of the way full. The remainder of the subjects were either out training or hadn't woken up yet. She could easily hear as a small girl rather openly discussed her disapproval of the Capricorn with her peers. Most of which were young men all much older and bigger than herself, one of which fully grown and rather stoic.

Again she sits alone. This doesn't last for long, however, as suddenly, she is tapped on the shoulder. Looking up, she soon finds an elderly woman, an instructor, no doubt. The woman then guides Reyna over to the long table in the center of the room, inconveniently where this young girl and her group sit. The group is all shooed from the table aside from the small girl and the rather stoic gentleman who sits there with his arms crossed. "Uh, madam, why have you-"

"This is the table designated for the Zodiac Warriors," the woman says.

"It's where us Zodiac Warriors sit for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner," the girl chimes in, her arms crossed and face fixed as if annoyed. "I'm the Zodiac Leo and this chatty guy across from me is Taurus. You just call me Nel. He's Rodrick and, as you can see, he doesn't talk much."

"The rest shall be here soon, no doubt," the woman says before walking away, leaving Reyna alone with these two.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Baal Xoia 7th February 2012, 8:39 pm

Xoia got up early in the morning, as he always does. He went to the kitchen to help prepare breakfast. They set it out for everyone, then cleaned the kitchen.

He took breakfast out into the hallway, and sat down around the corner from everyone else to eat. When he was done, he brought his plate back into the kitchen and washed it.

He went out into the fields and into the shed. He grabbed out a scythe, and started to cut down wheat stalks.

About an hour later, he stopped to whipe the sweat from his brow. he looked off into the distance, and he saw a great dust cloud. At the base of it was a mass of moving shapes. After a few minutes, he saw the glint of steel, and could tell that it was made up of people, all running towards them.

He started screaming at the top of his lungs "BANDITS, BANDITS, WE'RE UNDER ATTACK"
Baal Xoia
Baal Xoia

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th February 2012, 8:48 pm

{Attn: Reyna, Open}

After dinner and more small talk, Lucette is pretty tired. She bids good evening to both Kyrios and Linnea and heads back to the dorms. She unpacks her bag a little, putting everything away. She sees a handbook for the school on the desk provided. She climbs on the top bed and begins to read it.

The next thing she knows it is morning. She had expected to hear a bell or some sort of alarm. She gets up and gathers her things. There are shared bathrooms in the school about 2 per floor. She was lucky and one was open. She takes a quick shower and gets dressed. Not quite sure what to bring she places her whip on her belt, and a small bag on her back.

Her stomach commands she make a stop at the dining hall. Once inside she sees the Capricorn warrior sitting with two others she vaguely remember from the night before. She grabs a plate and sits at an empty table…until she is ushered to the other. Great looks like they are going to be stuck with one another. Not the bad Kyrios and Linnea seemed pretty nice.

“Hello, I am Lucette, warrior for Virgo.” She sets her tray down and sits, “It is nice to meet all of you.”

She is about to take a bite when there is a disturbance outside.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Phirron 7th February 2012, 9:02 pm

{ATTN: Open}

Phirina wakes up late and realizes she only has enough time to bath quickly and get dressed before she had to get to the mess hall for the morning meal. She curses under her breath at having missed her morning training but manages to half smile thinking*this will not ruin the day.*

She quickly grabs a change of close and rushes to the bath house and washes up, washing her face first to hide the fact she had been crying all night. Afterwards she dried off as fast as she could and gets dressed. Then heads back to her room puts away her night clothes and rushes to the mess hall.

As she enters the mess hall she hears the morning bell go off. She sighs to herself with relief she just made it in on time. She sees an empty table nearby and takes a seat and a waits for the morning message from Promethos.

Instead of the morning message there is a disturbance outside and she hears someone screaming bandits. She quickly takes her staff of her back and runs out to the her defensive position to await orders .
Phirron
Phirron

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 7th February 2012, 9:09 pm

[ATTN: Zodiac, Open]

The next morning, Linnea stumbled to the dining hall and grabbed her food, sitting down with a thump at the Zodiac table. She did all her best thinking at night - mornings were terrible for her, and she stared down at her food blankly. The Capricorn and the Virgo were already there, as well as the Leo and the Taurus.

She said nothing as she started eating, slapping herself across the face in an attempt to wake herself up. She stayed silent, absently tying her hair back into it's ponytail as she stared down at her food.

She looked up wearily as she heard a disturbance outside. "What was that?" she asked, to no one in particular.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Vye 7th February 2012, 9:25 pm

[Attn: Lucette, Open]

Kyrios grinned and gave a little thumbs up. Her posture was a little off, but Kyrios would live with it. He could see that the woman would need a lot of training, but he wouldn't mind giving her a lesson or two. Although he wasn't much of a teacher to begin with...

The next morning, Kyrios began his day with a quick set of 20 push-ups and a little target practice in his room. Once he sank the last throwing needle into the bulls-eye, he walked down to the dining hall to get some breakfast. As he picked up his tray, he saw the Capricorn sitting at the Zodiac table. Kyrios honestly didn't want to sit at the table. Something about sitting at a glorified table in the center of the room didn't seem right. Still, he nonchalantly walked up the table and took a seat.
Vye
Vye

I'm just a Grasshopper

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th February 2012, 10:01 pm

{Attn: Dining hall}

Lucette was happy when Linnea and Kyrios joined her at the table. She shrugged off the disturbance and took another bite of her breakfast when someone bursts in and yells something about bandits. Her eyes widen and she shoots into a standing position. "Come on we have to help." She looks at the others as she runs to the doors.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 7th February 2012, 10:38 pm

[ATTN: Zodiac, Open]

Linnea rolled her eyes, setting her fork down hard. "Alright, fine." Attacking this early in the morning was so rude of them. She stood up quickly, walking steadily back into the kitchen and grabbing a broom as a makeshift weapon. It was basically the same as her spear, anyway - it just didn't have a pointy end.

She followed Lucette outside, standing firmly outside the doors with her broom planted between her feet. "They can come to us," she said, sounding almost bored.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Baal Xoia 7th February 2012, 10:40 pm

Xoia stood there, frozen solid, untill he noticed that everyone else was doing the same.

"Run" he yelled to them.

It took him at least 10 minutes to shake everyone out of their stupor. By then he saw people just emearging from the school, and the bandits were right on top of him. One was striding up and holding a knife. Xoia started to back up, but tripped. The man grinned, and held up his knife. WIthout even thinking, Xoia swung the scythe and felt a sickening crunch as it buried itself in the mans skull, opening his eyes to see blood pouring out, Xoia turned around and vomited. He looked up, and already saw a people on both sides falling.
Baal Xoia
Baal Xoia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top