Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun - Page 2 Empty Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun

Post by Ink 4th August 2012, 8:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

[ATTN: OPEN]
{{EDIT: Now You MUST Go With K's Party. No If Ands Or Buts))

Kantor City; a large city in which collaboration between magic and science has contributed to a truly prosperous living experience. In fact, Kantor is often called the most well off city in all the region of Grandor. The people are friendly, the monsters stay out of town thanks to a magic barrier cast to prevent them. Then there is the observatory. There in the star gazing dome sits a woman in white lab coat with long, brown hair, writing her notes as she occasionally peaks back into the telescope. This young lady is known the world over as Professor Sabrina Bizra; prodigal child with extensive knowledge in Science, Magic, and Alchemy.

Sabrina: (Bites the eraser end of her pencil) Hm...Cyan, would you hand me that chart of the star alignment around this area this time of year.

Cyan: (Bows politely) Of course, ma'am. (Turns and picks up the pile of charts, cycling through them all until she finds the one with the proper markings across the blank space) Will that be all?

Sabrina: (Takes the charts and looks over them then peaks back through the telescope for a quick moment) That's what I thought. These aren't our stars. This alignment isn't even close.

Suddenly, the alarm at the control hub goes off, a small red light flashing repeatedly at a high pace as a blaring siren sounds in the observatory. Something was amiss in the world of Vangeleon and it may very well be something incredibly crucial. Thus Sabrina gets up and packs her things.

Sabrina: Cyan, we're going back to the lab to gather a few things. We have a bit of a trip to take. (Turns and leaves with her hands in her coat pockets)

Cyan: (Bows) Yes, ma'am. (Grabs the Professor's bag and leaves with her)

Hasteriver Village; Town of Merchants, Farmers, Traders-

K: (Suddenly leaps over a fruit cart in the street being pushed along by vendors as two large men chase after her, plowing through the cart like bulls) Hey, that's property damage, boys! You gotta PAY for that!

And thieves...

K turns on a dime into an alley and uses the wall of the building to turn herself completely around, running along it over head before flipping behind the two goons and running off into a crowd, leaving the two idiots to fumble over themselves until they spot her running off in the opposite direction and get after her. K looks over her shoulder with a devious little smirk, weaving through the crowd with the small case she'd been holding still hugged tightly beneath her arm. Inside? Geno, the Currency of this world. Small gold tokens.

So yeah, that's me and the name's K. As you can guess, I'm the adorable little thing running from the big oafs here. Don't concern yourself with 'em. They're total morons the mayor hires out behind everyone's backs. He doesn't like me much. Even though all I did was take a few little Genos from the round little man. The man whose vault is as big as a house. Yeah, the twenty I took, he'd never miss. That is if he wasn't a money grubbing little greed ball. Oh, emphasis on that ball part. Seriously, he's- oh, whoops, interrupting. I'll just unfreeze the show now.

K ducks and weaves through the crowd before it starts getting thicker and she resorts to using people's heads as stepping stones.

K: (turns around as she runs off) Sorry, ev'ryone! (Disappears around a corner)

The two thugs push their way through the crowd to find that K had already gone. She had a knack for disappearing. That was for certain. The two of them then turn and walk off to go see the mayor.

Last edited by Silver on 17th August 2012, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun - Page 2 Empty Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun

Post by Guest 21st August 2012, 3:27 pm

Both Mel and K had left the little hut, and left me alone to do... well, more experimenting. This stew had a special something to it, and it was time to figure out what. Whilst doing such a task, I thought about K's adventures that were about to begin... was she serious? Could she really defend herself against the dangers of the outside world? In any case, I also had to put up the sign saying that the place would be closing in three days... a heavy burden to bear. This soup kitchen was one of the few ways the poor could get access to constant meals without fear of being overly taxed by that ball of fat known as the Mayor...

"I need to find a successor," I muttered to myself, "it's the only way this town won't be run over by aristocracy and the like." Taking the sign of closure, I made a few edits to the sign and finally posted it on the door.
---------------------------------------------------

Interested in cooking?

Want to test your skills in a fast-paced environment?

Think you can carry on a legacy?

Apply today for Lyon's Kitchen!

Arrive tomorrow after Lunch Rush for testing.

---------------------------------------------------

With all the experiments out of the way, my conclusion had come quickly and swiftly. Opening my book, I grabbed a quill and jotted down a mess of notes, most of which were useless and really only had four words of importance. Anyone who could see past the wall of words would realize that this stew was designed to boost strength for a short amount of time.

I decided that this was enough work for today, and gave myself time to rewind in the city's shopping district. Mel's VERY GENEROUS payment gave me some spending money for the first time in a while, and I wasn't about to just let it go for naught.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun - Page 2 Empty Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun

Post by Ink 21st August 2012, 5:37 pm

[Attn: Open]

Late that night, K is rudely awakened by something. A smell. A really strong one. It was smoke. The smell of brimstone. She could even feel a wave of heat from the alley. Getting up and wandering off, she finds the reason for this. The mayor's office and all of the buildings close to it had been set ablaze. The flames reflect in K's eyes as she backs away from them.

K: Holy Crap!
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st August 2012, 7:57 pm

Before I could even contemplate whether I wanted the frying pan or the pot, an aroma of... burning wood entered my nose. It was a familiar smell, but the problem was, there was really no restaurant in the area. Gulping, I dared to look behind where I was, and saw a catastrophic fire blazing where the Mayor lived. This was not good, this was not good! I know no one liked the guy, but burning his house?!? THAT'S JUST WRONG! Quickly, I went to the local market for materials and such. Throwing my money pouch back into one of the pockets of my coat and making sure that it was closed tight, I rushed to the scene of the fire.

This fire was one big blaze... In a few instances, I could feel people dying and children hurt... I could hear them cry so loud from the buildings. In an instant, I knew I had to do something, but what...? Flipping through my book, I needed to find a fire-retarding spell!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 21st August 2012, 8:11 pm

In a moment's notice, K leaps out of a building window. She was covered in ash and her arm was burned but she had a young child in her arms. People all around town were in a panic, running and screaming. K then looks around and sees Ryder helping a trapped man get out from behind a pillar that'd been engulfed in flame. This blaze was getting out of control. And it wasn't stopping. How did something this massive just start? Before long, K sees Lyon.

K: Hey! (rushes over after handing the child back to his mother) Try and help out anyone you can find, okay?

Suddenly there is a large explosion in the opposite direction. What in the world? The fire wasn't even anywhere near that area yet. Though it was still spreading like a wildfire to be certain, the explosion on the other end of town was...random, it seemed.

K: C'mon! (Runs off to find the source of the explosion)
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st August 2012, 8:42 pm

[ATTN: K]

"I'll see to it, you guys stay safe, I'll work on something to help everyone." Immediately, he thought of a way to induce a rainstorm of some sort... AH! Today is the day where taking my work everywhere with me will pay off. Pulling out the stew from earlier, I ate quickly, feeling a bound of strength coming from the magical stew. No source of water was nearby, so I had to just... well, make do.

It was just my luck, however, that I had purchased pasta from the market. Immediately, I worked on enlargening and tangling the pasta to make ladders. Locals abound came to help and took each noodly ladder, laying them on tops of buildings and helping others get out. Feeling satisfied, I took one of these ladders myself and rushed to the other side of town, knowing that the situation was at least better here than it was where an explosion JUST happened.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 21st August 2012, 8:49 pm

[Attn: Lyon]

There on the other side of town is a barricade. A wall of fire and stacked up debris, blocking off Town Square. Standing there in the center was the mayor, cornered by none other than Mel who stood there with crossed arms and a booted heel atop one of the little man's thugs.

Mel: Come now. What good did running do you, darling?

Mayor: You vile little witch. What are you doing to my town?!

Mel: (Looks around) Um...I'd say burning it to the ground.

K had managed to climb her way up to the roof of one of the few buildings in the area that wasn't burning yet. She was watching the entire thing from up there.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st August 2012, 9:13 pm

In a quick few moments, my legs had finally carried me to the residence of the Mayor. Before, it was a burgeoning symbol of the Mayor's affluence, as was this town. Large marble arches, statues of himself, and fountains that... FOUNTAINS. Quickly, I checked the fountains... Curses! Water's been turned off. Well, unfortunately, he knew nothing about actually RUNNING a town, and all the others saw that. What a tool. "Good god, Mayor, I hope you know you're going to be up the creek without a paddle pretty soon..." And curses, he wasn't here. Where was the Mayor?

I rushed to the center of the town, only to see a large barricade of... well, flaming wood, bricks, and mortar. A vial was quickly opened by my expert hand, as my mind quickly formed the projection of the missile that I wanted to fire... "THYME TORPEDO!" The herbal blast burned up right in the fire, barely denting the barricade. It was a mistake on my part, but I glared at the wall, preparing a... "BOULLION BLAST!" A barrage of food-related missiles continued to hail onto the flaming rubble, hoping to break through. This sort of stuff was NEVER good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 21st August 2012, 9:31 pm

K sees Lyon struggling below but returns her focus to Mel and the Mayor. Finally, she sees Mel tilt her head and pick up the short little man with one hand. That was it. K might've hated the little ball of mean but pushing people around who couldn't take care of themselves was low. She leaps down and lands on her feet, claws ready.

K: Hey, Mel!

K charges directly toward the black and red clad arsonist but Mel very suddenly turns around kicks K, forcing her to hit the ground and roll to a stop.

Mel: Please quiet down. The adults are talking.

K:Agh! (Gets up but holds the bruise on her arm from where she landed)
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21st August 2012, 9:46 pm

[ATTN: K, MEL, MAYOR]

Oh, it was on now. That wall was going to go down, one way or another, and he wanted to get it down. K's voice was unquestionable, but there was another voice... one that he couldn't quite place. It was time to get serious. His tome contained some more serious magic, reserved for some serious time. It would require actual cooking, but there was fire around, so that made it easier. Despite the situation, I chuckled at how easy it was to cook in a burning town... A quick sauce with a large amount of Stovine and mountain Tarragon. Time to put a deep freeze on things...

[ESTIMATED TIME OF COOKING: 5 MINUTES]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 21st August 2012, 9:55 pm

Mel: Oh, you're quite persistent...hm...you're the adventurer, right? Interesting...

Mel then tossed the mayor aside and he lands in a cart of hay. Following this, Mel crosses her arms and looks to K with a bit of en eerie smile, her eyes calm and cold, in contrast to the nature of her actions. The buildings were beginning to burn around them. K was still holding her bruised arm with her burnt arm. It was quite the problem at the moment.

K: What's the idea, anyway? What do you want?

Mel: Well I was here for him but now I find you rather intriguing. Tell you what. How about a little challenge? You want to be a Treasure Hunter. What if I told you about a very much sought after treasure? I propose we have a race for it.

K simply stands there and arches an eyebrow.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd August 2012, 8:21 am

[ATTN: K, Mel]

The sauce bubbled, chilling down rather than heating up. It emulsified and began to take on a hue of its own... Excellent. It was only going to be a matter of time now, and I could see that it would be a quick next few seconds.

[Estimated Time of Cooking: 45 Sec]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 22nd August 2012, 3:00 pm

Ryder suddenly appears, dropping down from a rooftop and between K and Mel. He looks to the both of them but Mel merely shrugs off his timely arrival with nonchalance.

Mel: What kind of Treasure Hunter would you be to pass up this opportunity?

K: A bad treasure hunter. But probably a smart person...kh...me-ow. (Continues holding the wound)

Mel simply stares K down fro a minute with an honestly disinterested look about her face. She then turns to the Mayor who was trying to get away. Like lightning, Mel appears before him and picks him up. Tilting her head, she then throws him back to the center.

Mel: You sad little man. Hold still, would you? Don't you dare think I've forgotten about OUR little arrangement.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd August 2012, 3:12 pm

[ATTN: K, Mel, Mayor]

Just like that, K had unknowingly bought enough time for me to finish this deep-freeze sauce. With the minute that Mel had been distracted by her disappointment to K, I finished cooking the potent sauce. Good job, K! The sauce had a sort of deep blue hue to it, even though none of the ingredients were blue to begin with. It was about time that I showed everyone what the true power of a culinary magician was. Eating some of my stew and then tasting just a SPOONFUL of the sauce, I exhaled, freezing bits of the debris.

CRACK! CRACK! CRACK!

The frozen debris took out some of the fire, and I was immediately elated. Taking a deeper breath, now, I proceeded to freeze the rubble-barricade ice cold. The ice crackled at the heat of the fire. but soon, it encapsulated the fire and smothered it in ice, leaving a large hulking ice wall, melting with the fire surrounding it.

Sighing, I calmed my nerves and set up my final pasta ladder. When I reached the top of that ladder, I was SHOCKED. Why are all of the hot chicks CRAZY? "MEL, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" Exhaling deeply, I created a ramp to slide down to the center of the town. "Why are you burning up the entire town? And what are you doing with the Mayor?" A glance at the Mayor in disapproval summed up my feelings. Somehow, the thought that the Mayor had done something stupid to shut down my shop never left my mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 22nd August 2012, 3:23 pm

Mel sighs. There were just too many distractions now. Should she really stay her course? No. Her issues with the Mayor were minor compared to this. She was done with him. Mel then turns and faces the rest of them, picking up the Mayor again, this time simply looking to him in silence for a moment.

Mel: Nevermind our arrangement. Your services will no longer be required.

Suddenly the mayor combusts in Mel's hand and she drops him there as he catches fire, landing there and screaming in agony, rolling to try and put himself out but before long, Mel raises a pillar of fire from beneath him, like a geyser of flame blasting into the air. The minute it's gone, too is the mayor. Reduced to ash. At this, both K and Ryder both watch in sheer awe. Mel had just slaughtered someone before their very eyes and not just slaughtered. She'd immolated him.

Mel: And now for a fun little game I'd like to play with you lot. Treasure Hunting. That is what you're about to go out and do, right?
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd August 2012, 4:24 pm

[ATTN: K, Ryder, Mel]

The moment I landed and touched down on the town square, I witnessed one of the most disturbing things that has EVER played out before my eyes. His screams were just horrifically loud and desperate, and despite my wish to act, I couldn't. It was like I was frozen in place, and before I knew it, the fat man who had been a tool for everyone, including Mel apparently, had burned into ashes. While no one particularly liked him, he didn't deserve to die as a huge ball of flame.

Any sort of delusion I had about Mel was quickly dispelled. Those eyes were now filled with a fire that I had not seen in her before, and something that I REALLY should have caught. "Mel, you... you monster!" Fury filled my veins and my lungs, as I took in a HUGE breath, spewing a chilly air in an attempt to freeze Mel in a block of ice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 23rd August 2012, 2:47 pm

Mel simply holds up a hand and the frigid gust stops cold a a wall of fire. Mel then snaps and the ground beneath the three of them explodes, scattering them across town square. She then crosses her arms and looks over them all. Her element may have been fire but her eyes were cold. Empty. As if she was completely uninterested in what was going on. And yet she wore a smile on her famous. A confident, devious smile.

Mel: Fine. Then I won't allow you to ignore me. The next town from here to the Northeast. Hyru Village. I should hope you beat me there. If you don't, you'll arrive to a burnt down pile of ash and debris. If you manage to beat me there, you'll be given a letter. I'll make sure you get it. It's hard to miss a Zuman in this region. God Speed, K. I would hate to have to reduce another to cinders. (Suddenly turns and jumps, landing on a burning rooftop in the first bound then looking down over the three adventurers before disappearing)

K coughs for a moment as she watches Mel disappear into the distance. She picks herself up easily enough but her arm still troubled her. She then turns to the others.

K: Come *cough cough* Come on. We have to *cough* We have to get outta here before the whole place burns down!
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd August 2012, 5:09 pm

[ATTN: K, RYDER]

My back slammed against one of the burning buildings and I slumped onto it, groaning. This girl was powerful. Powerful enough to burn down an ENTIRE town with enough to escape easily. I quickly leapt back up to my feet, and reached to my backpack. The sauce was, thankfully, still in it's bottle, and still retained it's dark hue. K was right. We had to get out of here NOW. "Leave that to me..." Another squirt of the sauce went into my mouth, and I breathed into my hand, a javelin appearing in it. Twirling it a little bit for added effect, I threw it as HARD as I could, still under the stew's magic, into the half-melting ice wall made of rubble.

CRACK!

The wall shattered into pieces, almost as if it were just a mirror. "You two, squirt some of this in your mouth. It'll give you the same ice breathing powers I've got." I threw the bottle to K, then ran out of the burning town square. "We HAVE to get to my hut first. If it hasn't burned to the ground, I need to get all of my plants and herbs OUT before they burn to a crisp." Expecting a snide remark about how unimportant herbs are, I explained that I needed these herbs to actually concoct these sorts of magical foodstuffs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 23rd August 2012, 5:16 pm

K: Ugh. Ryder, you go with him! I'm gonna go unblock the entrance so we can bolt! (dashes off)

K was a quick little thing and that was certain. She was as acrobatic as a full on cat and made her way through town but much more sluggishly. Her injuries were taking their toll but they were nothing she couldn't handle. Ryder then turns and runs off toward Lyon's hut without a word.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd August 2012, 5:52 pm

[ATTN: Ryder]

My legs quickly carried me to the hut, sauce still in hand... Please still let it be safe, please still let it be safe! The hut was about five homes away from catching onto flames. "Thank GOD." Ryder had arrived as well, and I was about to give him instructions when another scream was heard. "Oh, no..." There were bunches of people that were stuck in burning homes, unable to escape. Locals surrounded each home, trying to put them out and saving the occasional first-floor trapped person, but the ones on the second floors were sitting ducks.

I had to act, these guys couldn't get the rest of the locals out there without SERIOUS casualties. "Ryder, listen carefully. There are THREE plants at the back, and jars all around the kitchen. Fill the jars with soil, then put a seed from each plant into the soil. Then uproot the three ENTIRE PLANTS and put it in this bag." I handed him a small woven pouch, which was sturdier than it looked. "People have to be saved."

Nimbly, I made my way to the source of the screams. Some of the men had water buckets filled with sand, and were trying to fight the fires that way. Squirting a large dose of the blue semi-liquid into my mouth, I handed it off to the other firefighter with the bucket. "Squirt it into your mouth, and breathe out towards the flames. Pass on the instructions." My face steeled over, and my breath got cooler. I took a deep, deep breath... and BLEW.

WHOOOOOOOSH. The wind stirred and stirred, frigid in nature. Glaring at high-up windows, I created planks of solid ice, making pseudo-ramps for people to leave in. Within minutes, people slid down the ramps to safety, watching in horror as everything they worked for burned to rubble...

Running back to the hut, I nodded to Ryder, taking the bag from him. "Alright, let's go."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 23rd August 2012, 7:44 pm

Later, K and Ryder rest on the road with Lyon, having made it out of the burning town. It was hard to believe that one person did all of this. It was harder to believe how easily she did so. This was a power stronger than anything they'd seen. Ryder sat by K and tended to the injuries upon her arms as K just watched the flames in the distance. Her eyes were large. Beaming, in fact. This was the only place she'd ever known. She always thought about getting out...but she never wanted it to burn down. This was too much, even for her. And for the first time in a long time...she was speechless.

The distant orange glow reflected in her eyes and she stared emptily. What did they do now? She snaps out of it when Ryder tightens a bandage and she yelps briefly, turning to face the cause of this pain. That had been the bruised arm. The burned one just itched by now.

So...I don't know. For once I have, like...NO idea what I'm going to do. I've never felt that before. It's...weird.

Ryder: (Finished K's bandages) There. We have to get out of town now before she burns down another one...and another.

K: (Stares off in a daze) ...
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd August 2012, 8:00 pm

[ATTN: K, Ryder]

Dang it... this was so wrong. The three of them had escaped without a scratch while the other citizens of a town run by an idiot were now suffering the consequences of their leader's failures. The three of them were now going on an adventure by force, instead of by choice. Even more importantly, Mel had forced them to become nomads, wandering only to go on a wild goose chase to appease Mel's crazy appetite. I threw my fist to the ground in frustration, but looking at Ryder's bandage, I sighed.

"K, are you going to be okay?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 23rd August 2012, 8:09 pm

K looks to Lyon and Ryder. She sees the two of them and her eyes suddenly seem to lock in purpose. A raging fire of passion burns and K stands.

K: I'll be fine. Listen...unless we want THAT to happen to anyone else, I say Mel's going to find a snag in her plan. She isn't going to take too many breaks. She WANTS to burn down the next village and I'm going to beat her there so it doesn't happen. So are ya comin' or are ya gonna stay planted?
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd August 2012, 8:15 pm

Looking deep into K's eyes, a fire lit into mine. I knew she was right and was fired up to do something about it. "Let's rock and roll, then, no time to waste. We'll give her heck. No, we'll not just give her heck, we'll give her something WORSE than heck." I had a spell SO READY for that woman. It was just a matter of time before our paths split into two different walks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 23rd August 2012, 10:36 pm

Episode 2 - The Bounty Hunter, Treasure Hunted

K and company proceed along the path to the next village. As they do so, the lot of them come to a stop at the edge of a densely wooded area. This could very well pose a problem. Most wildlife was territorial around these parts and K knew that much. She's been to this forest before though not very far in. Now it was going to end differently. She was going to be heading through the entire thing. They stopped and K had her hands behind her head as they just stared at that first big cluster of trees.

K: Hm...So we ready for this?
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th August 2012, 10:14 am

[ATTN: K, Ryder]

I gave K a simple nod, and grabbed at my bag, handing K a map. "Where did Mel say we had to get to again? More importantly, you're SURE we go through the forest." Hey, there was reasonable doubt, after all, none of us had been past this forest before, for all we knew... A quick look at Ryder was taken. No one knew where he came from...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top