Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun - Page 3 Empty Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun

Post by Ink 4th August 2012, 8:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

[ATTN: OPEN]
{{EDIT: Now You MUST Go With K's Party. No If Ands Or Buts))

Kantor City; a large city in which collaboration between magic and science has contributed to a truly prosperous living experience. In fact, Kantor is often called the most well off city in all the region of Grandor. The people are friendly, the monsters stay out of town thanks to a magic barrier cast to prevent them. Then there is the observatory. There in the star gazing dome sits a woman in white lab coat with long, brown hair, writing her notes as she occasionally peaks back into the telescope. This young lady is known the world over as Professor Sabrina Bizra; prodigal child with extensive knowledge in Science, Magic, and Alchemy.

Sabrina: (Bites the eraser end of her pencil) Hm...Cyan, would you hand me that chart of the star alignment around this area this time of year.

Cyan: (Bows politely) Of course, ma'am. (Turns and picks up the pile of charts, cycling through them all until she finds the one with the proper markings across the blank space) Will that be all?

Sabrina: (Takes the charts and looks over them then peaks back through the telescope for a quick moment) That's what I thought. These aren't our stars. This alignment isn't even close.

Suddenly, the alarm at the control hub goes off, a small red light flashing repeatedly at a high pace as a blaring siren sounds in the observatory. Something was amiss in the world of Vangeleon and it may very well be something incredibly crucial. Thus Sabrina gets up and packs her things.

Sabrina: Cyan, we're going back to the lab to gather a few things. We have a bit of a trip to take. (Turns and leaves with her hands in her coat pockets)

Cyan: (Bows) Yes, ma'am. (Grabs the Professor's bag and leaves with her)

Hasteriver Village; Town of Merchants, Farmers, Traders-

K: (Suddenly leaps over a fruit cart in the street being pushed along by vendors as two large men chase after her, plowing through the cart like bulls) Hey, that's property damage, boys! You gotta PAY for that!

And thieves...

K turns on a dime into an alley and uses the wall of the building to turn herself completely around, running along it over head before flipping behind the two goons and running off into a crowd, leaving the two idiots to fumble over themselves until they spot her running off in the opposite direction and get after her. K looks over her shoulder with a devious little smirk, weaving through the crowd with the small case she'd been holding still hugged tightly beneath her arm. Inside? Geno, the Currency of this world. Small gold tokens.

So yeah, that's me and the name's K. As you can guess, I'm the adorable little thing running from the big oafs here. Don't concern yourself with 'em. They're total morons the mayor hires out behind everyone's backs. He doesn't like me much. Even though all I did was take a few little Genos from the round little man. The man whose vault is as big as a house. Yeah, the twenty I took, he'd never miss. That is if he wasn't a money grubbing little greed ball. Oh, emphasis on that ball part. Seriously, he's- oh, whoops, interrupting. I'll just unfreeze the show now.

K ducks and weaves through the crowd before it starts getting thicker and she resorts to using people's heads as stepping stones.

K: (turns around as she runs off) Sorry, ev'ryone! (Disappears around a corner)

The two thugs push their way through the crowd to find that K had already gone. She had a knack for disappearing. That was for certain. The two of them then turn and walk off to go see the mayor.

Last edited by Silver on 17th August 2012, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ink
Ink

https://galvanicmedia.net/

Back to top Go down

Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun - Page 3 Empty Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun

Post by Ink 24th August 2012, 2:28 pm

[Attn: Lyon]

K: A-yup. The forest is the fastest way. Going around it would take weeks. We can cut through. If we stick to the path, we should be through in a few days.

K's ears suddenly twitch as she hears something faint in the distance but something that would escape a human sense of hearing. She then arches an eyebrow. That sound came from something too big to be a simply little woodland animal wandering around. But it could've just been a deer, she supposed.

K: Let's just go, meow! Before it gets dark!
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun - Page 3 Empty Re: Wishful Thinking: Voyage to the Sun

Post by Guest 24th August 2012, 8:12 pm

[ATTN: K]

"Alright, then, lead the way." It looked like I still needed convincing, but we really didn't have a choice, unless we could FLY over. That looked just as, if not more unlikely, seeing as the spell for that hasn't been invented yet in magic yet. This forest itself was ominous, filled with tall trees that filtered out a large amount of the sunlight. The light was barely enough to see in front of them, let alone farther away, yet there was always that feeling of being watched. Soon, they reached a rather small open enclave, and despite the short travel time, we all felt exhausted.

"So, can we have a QUICK water break?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 24th August 2012, 10:07 pm

K tosses Lyon the canteen as she continues through the forest, her night vision particularly coming in handy for the darkness ahead, her boundless energy keep her charged. And Ryder? He just followed expressionlessly. K eventually stops as her ears twitch again. Whatever she'd just heard was closer than it was before and it was definitely the same sound. It was still too faint for human ears to fully register but K could hear it loud and clear and looked about the area cautiously.

K: Yeah, okay, let's take a break for a little bit.

Okay, contrary to how I'm acting right now, I believe this is close to what I'm actually thinking right now. "Get. Me. OUTTA HERE, MEOW!" But just a guess. I could be WAAAY off.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th August 2012, 10:17 pm

[ATTN: K, Ryder]

These two... were not... human... Thinking... in... spurts... So... freaking... tired. Now, seriously, how could they still want to press on? There were bunches of thick brush and logs and tons of other obstacles, and made me feel BEAT. Water quickly filled my mouth, and I wiped off the excess when I heard something in the brush. A vial cork popped off and a torpedo of fresh-smelling thyme appeared beside me. "Did anyone else hear that or was it just me?" This was a bad omen, Mel must've known that we would have taken the shortest route possible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 24th August 2012, 10:44 pm

Suddenly the K steps on a twig while looking around and finds herself caught in a net. The second Ryder tries to rescue her, he's caught off guard and struck from the air by yet another trap, this one being a swinging log. Out from behind a tree emerges a young woman with a cowboy hat and red hair, twirling a revolver on her finger. Seeing K caught in her trap and Ryder pinned under a log, she grins.

?: Well, I'll be. You're quite the hard little devil to find, you know that?

On a strap over this girl's shoulder, is a peculiar weapon. Half shotgun, half blade it seemed. A Katana blade to be more specific. She then takes note of Lyon.

?: Huh? Who're you? You weren't in the letter...Say, you aren't a prisoner or anythin' are ya? What're you doin' goin' around with these two?
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th August 2012, 10:55 pm

[ATTN: ?]

Ugh, really, Mel? You're sending a cowgirl shooter/trapper person to capture us? I REALLY should have seen this one coming, after all, the mastermind was a serial arsonist. "Let me put it this way, I believe Mel has forgotten about me already." A haughty laugh erupted from my mouth, how could Mel have forgotten that I was coming along on the trip? It was insulting, almost, and I made sure that this woman was on the receiving end, firing the torpedo at her before recalling most of the thyme. Another vial, this time, filled with a hot spice sauce, popped open, and formed another orb around me beside the slightly smaller orb of thyme.

"Mel seriously didn't mention a Lyon Dufresne in her letter? She must have wanted for you to fight me... or she's setting you up." A smirk creased onto my face. "After all," I droned on, "I wouldn't be as smart as that woman and have CARELESSLY forgotten about someone. Now, either you can feel insulted too, and forget about her ties to you, or we can fight." Should she choose the fight option, I would, upon hearing anything to do with fighting, launch the small torpedo at the net, hopefully cutting some of the rope, and then fired the Capsaicin Cannon at the mystery woman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 24th August 2012, 11:02 pm

?: (Flips over the torpedo and lands with her revolver to Lyon as she skillfully lands on her feet) What in the Sam Hill is wrong with you?! Who the heck is Mel?! The two are not only wanted as criminals but there's ALSO a bounty on both their heads!

K: It' not stealing if they never miss it!

?: Pipe down, would ya? As for you, ya trigger happy loon, ya got one more chance to tell me who the heck you are and what your relation to these two is before I have to haul your hide in with 'em.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th August 2012, 11:21 pm

[ATTN: ?, K]

Oh, GOD. My hands shot up in the air, after all, I was being held at gunpoint. I looked up at K's trapped self and slammed my hand into my face in exasperation. "Why, K, WHY? You didn't tell me you were wanted, oh, I don't know, EVERYWHERE." I huffed and retrieved my ingredients, returning them to their proper capsules. This was getting loonier and loonier by the minute, and honestly, I wasn't going to have much more of it. Time to reason with her. "How much of a bounty is on her head? 'cause let me tell you, we three are going treasure hunting." Mostly those two, but I was benefiting as well.

"As I said, I'm Lyon Dufresne, MASTER CHEF of Vangeleon. And these two here are taking me treasure hunting to find herbs and spices." Hopefully, this was a woman who would sell her talents to the highest bidder. Remembering Mel's money, I took the pouch out and jiggled it around. "THIS? is what we've ALREADY made from knick-knacks and other antiques." Perfect bluff! This was going to work out greatly. "Now, why would you want paltry bounty money when you could join us for treasure hunting?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 24th August 2012, 11:31 pm

K: I didn't even know I was that widely wanted! I've never left that town until now!

?: If you're trying to bribe me, you'll have to know that I'm law enforcement first and a bounty hunter second. Turning these two in is a part of my job. The civil reward isn't as much as the bounty but bringing in criminals comes first.

K narrows her eyes while Lassy isn't paying attention and cuts through the netting with her claws, freeing herself and landing silently behind her. She then tackles her and pins her down.

?: Wha- HEY!

Ryder manages to free himself as well and grabs both K and Lyon, racing off, further into the woods with them both held at the wrist. They eventually stop further in, now having reached an even denser area.

K: Well, that didn't go too marvelously.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th August 2012, 8:49 am

Oh, thank GOD Ryder was there to save our keisters. I could have gone toe-to-toe with that "law enforcement officer", of course, but there had to be an admiration of her. She really fits under that goodie-good archetype, and that was something to be admired, of course, but sometimes, the Geno beats being honourable. Not often enough, but sometimes. "Alright, if I'm right, we'll probably experience more than one trap around the forest. Any ideas to avoid them?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 25th August 2012, 5:28 pm

K: Something smells fishy, meow. Mel wouldn't have had time to put a hit on me. We left too shortly after her. That Bounty Hunter must've taken the job from some other town. But that would mean someone who knows me went there and started framing me.

K paces about for a minute then turns and looks deeper into the woods. She could see much more clearly than the others and there was certainly still some ways to go. Lyon was right. A bounty hunter like her would've set up traps all over the woods. This was quite the predicament.

K: I'll try to sniff out as many of the traps as I can.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th August 2012, 5:38 pm

"K, if I may, it might be a good time to try out one of my newer spells," I said, pouring some spices and herbs into my hand. It was about time I saved their behinds instead of them saving mine. Concentrating hard, these herbs and spices began spinning around into a mini-tornado of sorts. "This should not only clear us a path, but it will also deactivate any traps she might have in mind for us in that path, but it will definitely give us away." I looked at K, holding the tiny tornado of 11 secret spices and herbs. "If you don't want me to, we'll just bushwhack. If you want me to, just point in a direction and I'll fire, but give me a definite yes or no..."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 26th August 2012, 12:06 pm

K looks around the woods and deeper in. She could see a light but something didn't add up. The light she was seeing...it wasn't sunset yet. The light was orange. She then closes her eyes and begins focusing more on her nose, sniffing the air. That's what it was. The smell burning wood. The forest ahead was on fire. Mel had been here.

K: Dang it. Bottle it. We're just gonna have to make a run for it. The woods are on fire up ahead we can't just wait around here for it to wrap up. We'll be sitting ducks!

Ryder stands with his hands in his pockets and looks over his shoulder then starts to run ahead. K then turns and follows him toward the burning area of the woods. The sooner they got through that, the less dangerous it'd be.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th August 2012, 1:59 pm

"Roger that, K." The tornado was placed in a jar and then put into the satchel. I tried to keep up as easily as I could, but I was still human. There had to be a way to keep up with them, because I was lagging behind horribly. "Someone's... gonna... pay... for this!" I rummaged through my bags, looking for anything, ANYTHING that would help me keep up. A vial of Fairy's Wing found its way into my hand, and I sighed in relief. This might just do the trick. Coating it in some Nimeric Lava, I bit down on it, feeling a surge of energy with the leaf in my mouth. Quickly, I found myself back with the group, thanking the culinary gods for the epiphany.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 26th August 2012, 7:38 pm

In the rush to get beyond the burning woods, K decides to take this to the place where she could cover the most ground in as little time as possible and leaps up onto a tree limb. Ryder looks up at her then nods and keeps running as she jumps from limb to limb overhead. They were coming up on the fire. K suddenly sees a blur pass by at her side. Whatever it was had been even faster...than her? But...she was the fastest person she knew. She could even outrun Ryder.

K: Huh? What was-

?: HEY!

K looks down behind the lot and sees the bounty hunter from before, running them all down with a passion in her eye. K had to give her credit. She was determined.

?: What've y'all gone and done now?!

K: WE didn't! It was Mel! It had to be Mel!

?: There's that name again... Who's Mel?!

The branch K lands on suddenly gives out from beneath her and she plummets to the ground below, landing hard on her side. As she lands, another branch falls from above, landing on her, this one being much larger and pins her down. K tries tog et up but she then turns her head and sees fire creeping closer to her still.

K: Ouch! Gruh...MEOW!

?: (Stops and sees the other two stopping then turns around and sees K trapped behind her) Oh, for the love of- Hang on, I gotcha!

The bounty hunter then grabs the tree limb and lifts with all her might, trying to help K get out from beneath it. Between the two of them, they manage to lift it just enough and the hunter helps K to her feet. Ryder notes that K's hurt her leg and picks her up then nods to the distance for the bounty hunter to follow them before rushing off without a word. After briefly thinking it over, she relents. There was no way she was going to be fighting them under these conditions. It could wait. So she followed. Surprisingly, she was impressively quick.

?: The ends of these woods are a good couple days ahead of us but I know a quicker, safer way outta here! It's a cave to the east!
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th August 2012, 8:02 pm

[ATTN: ???, K, Ryder]

My lungs were burning, and thank GOD this woman had an alternate path out of the burning forest of Acheron. "Many... thanks..." This girl wasn't too bad looking either, now that I have the time to appreciate her. She was a country girl, through, and through, and that wasn't bad. An aura of goodness was NEVER bad either, unlike the mystery that surrounded Mel the first time they had met. "Holy... Sassafras..." By now, the Lava Wing had worn off and I was beat. Thankfully, we were already at the entrance of the cave, and it was good that we could rest here for a bit. "Shall we... break for lunch...?" As I said this, I began to wheeze and hack a little bit, completely winded. "I... have... cured... pork."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 26th August 2012, 8:18 pm

?: Yeah well...I couldn't leave y'all to roast alive. Just don't get too comfy...and it's Lassy, by the way.

K: Well, you didn't have to save me and you did so...thanks anyway. NOW! How about that lunch?!

Lassy blinks after that rather abrupt transition. K had been completely and totally serious for a moment there. Her entire demeanor just drastically changed completely out of left field. She then turns around and looks them all over. When she thought more about it...they all looked harmless. Something here didn't add up.

Lassy: Well, you're all tired. If you want, I can fix you up some western style steak nice'n quick.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th August 2012, 8:43 pm

[ATTN: Lassy]

Looking at Lassy, I vehemently shook my head. "Miss, if ANYONE'S going to be doing ANY cooking, it's going to be me. I'm sure your food's pretty good, but..." I had a rather smug look on my face as I said this, "I cook pretty seriously too." I was pretty tired, but to be frank, I was not going to let anyone feed me anything less than heavenly. I was the only one I knew who could handle heavenly like I did.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 26th August 2012, 9:06 pm

Lassy: All right, slow your role, bucko. Ya'int gotta be so rude about it. I was makin' a kind offer. If you're so obliged, why don't YOU go ahead and make up a Western Style steak.

Lassy wasn't taking this sitting down. Though naturally not very competitive, it riled her to see someone being so downright offensive in response to an otherwise polite gesture. She technically COULD have just knocked them all out and dragged them in if she wanted.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th August 2012, 9:33 pm

[ATTN: Lassie]

IMMEDIATELY, I could see that I had ticked her off, and that wouldn't do. "My apologies, miss." Getting up, I coughed again and stretched. "I'm not trying to come off rude, but I take a LOT of pride in what I do, both in making and tasting food. I'll cook for all of us, please, relax, enjoy the company of the two here." Reaching for my bag, I grabbed a frying pan and some flint, arranging a fire and disassembled my spice storm, getting into my element. Soon, a divine scent filled the air of the cave, arousing the human palate.

"And here we are, this is just some pork chop, I wish I had materials for a sauce, but just pork will do."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 26th August 2012, 10:13 pm

Lassy: Not half bad. I can see why you'd be so darn proud.

K looks at Lassy in awe. How could she be so blunt? Was she really not totally mystified by Lyon's culinary genius? Was she missing key tastebuds? She simply seemed to be enjoying it. No sense of awe. No divine moment of splendor. Just a blunt remark and a satisfied expression.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th August 2012, 8:36 am

[ATTN: Cave group]

Oh, that could have turned out badly for us. It was bad enough to piss a girl off, but a bounty hunter with a gun as dangerous looking as that? Glad to get off relatively scratch-free. "Now, Lassie, is there anything we should know about these caves? Any dangerous inhabitants, or is this just a way to the next village?" Opening my book, I flipped through my list of rare foods and seasonings and noticed something that was here. My mouth went agape and I suddenly became very excited.

"Would you happen to know about Blacktop Truffles?" Blacktop truffles grew in the region, but only in places with little light (too much would cause overproduction of sugars and bursting of the tops) AND ample moisture. This cave seemed like the best place to harvest these truffles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 27th August 2012, 2:33 pm

Lassy: Yeah, the way out is just through here. Shouldn't be to-

Lassy was suddenly taken off guard by Lyon's inquiry and sudden eruption of enthusiasm. She blinks in response, with a puzzled look about her as he goes on.

Lassy: Should...I know what you're talkin' about or are you just goin' on into your own little sky saddle?

K: He's talking about food. You get used to it.

Lassy: Uh...well I guess it couldn't hurt to look or anything. Nothin' real dangerous in these old caves.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th August 2012, 3:57 pm

[ATTN: K, Lassy, Ryder]

My head bobbled back up and down in acknowledgement, and my senses were severely heightened at the prospects of locating a rare ingredient, as the group of four now set off deeper into the cave to reach the village. On the way, I figured that Lassy was going to have one of the wanted posters for K or Ryder. "Excuse me, Lassy, but do you still have those wanted posters? It might say who posted it up or something of the sort." It was imperative that we know who wanted the two, after all. My attention quickly turned to looking for mushrooms when my eyes caught an oddly shaped item along the wall...

"Ugh, false alarm." CURSES! And I got so riled up for it too. "This one's poisonous, let's move on."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ink 28th August 2012, 6:10 pm

Lassy: Wanted posters? Oh, right. Them. Well, I did but the kid here knocked my bag off'a me when we got to scrappin' earlier and it got crushed under that log from before.

K: How the heck can you blame ME for that?!

Lassy: Listen, ya little nugget, I have a photographic memory! It was DEFINITELY you on that poster. AND your little buddy here.

K turns and puffs a cheek, conceding and muttering to herself.

Lassy: Unless there's another varmint around that looks exactly like the rascal here, it's her, all right.
Ink
Ink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top