Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race for the Throne

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 20 Empty Race for the Throne

Post by Luna 11th October 2014, 1:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Iverson walks over with a box in hand. “I had it polished and cleaned last night. Vincent, I hope you wear this proudly as much as you love my daughter.”

Serena walks over to Vincent. She puts an arm around him and smiles. “I know he will.” She said.

Junaluska pops up with Reginald. “Here he is.” She said smiling.

Lucas was running from the little girl who was the flower girl. “Nooo…Don’t touch me!” he said. The little girl who was just a year younger then Lucas was blowing kisses at him.

“But I wanna kissy you!” she said.

Serena started laughing. “Come here you two, we are going to practice for the wedding.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

http://lunarruler.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Race for the Throne - Page 20 Empty Re: Race for the Throne

Post by xenolion 9th November 2014, 7:54 am

Jasmine nods. "Yes we are. He was misinformed about what really happened at the castle. He thought that Iverson sent Celesta away, and it was because of Kalista. Don't worry about us." She hugs Brandon. "Let's go downstairs, I am starving."

~~~~~~~

Vincent drives the boat back to the house. He takes the basket then Serena's hand. They go back inside. "I suppose we are leaving early tomorrow. We should pack now."
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 9th November 2014, 10:36 am

Brandon hugged Jasmine and held her in his arms for a moment. “I’m glad that the two of you could work it out. Everything will be alright.” He said. He kissed her gently before they headed down stairs.

Sarah was just putting dinner on the table. “Jasmine, I made these stuffed peppers for you. I also have a cook book to take back to your brother. I want him to have it.” She said.

~~

Serena sighs and as they walk upstairs. “I will miss this place, but I will be ready to make new memories in our new house together. There is still so much for us to do when we get home.” She said. “Though I have enjoyed this week, we will be starting a new chapter in our lives and I am thankful to the goddess that I am able to with you.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th November 2014, 4:00 pm

"I am thankful that we are going to be together for the rest of our lives. I love you so much. Now the only thing that will part us is the Goddess herself." Vincent takes her to the kitchen and empties out the basket. "I still cannot believe that the Lanes gave us their house. How do we thank them for that?"

He follows her upstairs and they begin to pack. "Knowing that this place exists will be wonderful. We can spend some winter vacations out here."

~~~~~~~~~

Jasmine loves being in Brandon's arms. She gives him a quick peck on the lips before they go downstairs. "Are you sure you want to give him your cookbook? I know he will love it. He is always looking for new dishes to try out at Mallory's. I swear he uses the patrons and Levi as his personal guinea pigs."

She sits down at the table. Not realizing her slip. "Who is this Levi? A regular at the restaurant?" George asks.

Jasmine looks over at Brandon not knowing how his family would accept Nathaniel's orientation.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 9th November 2014, 4:43 pm

“I don’t know, but we should do something nice for them. Maybe we can throw a baby shower for Aunt Madeline.” Serena suggested. “We could do it here in Moldova. What do you think?” she asked as they packed their things up.

~~

Brandon looked at Jasmine. He wasn’t sure how his family would take it. “Grandpa…Nathaniel is gay, Levi is his significant other.” He explained.

Sarah waved her hand at Nathaniel. “It is not my choice and nor do we give sight to his way of life, however it does not mean I hate the boy. I hate the sin, not the person.” She said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th November 2014, 4:52 pm

Jasmine takes a breath, not all people agree with the lifestyle. "Levi and Nathaniel are perfect for each other. Levi helps Nathaniel with the business aspect of running Mallory's. They are the perfect couple though. His parent's removed him from the throne and disowned him as well."

~~~~~~

"That will be around the Spring time. We will have to see if we are able to get the time off. I am sure they are going to need things for Sakura." Vincent takes down the bags. "This is the most depressing thing about a vacation, packing up."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 9th November 2014, 5:04 pm

“They are thinking of more than just family. It is like I said. I may hate the sin, but I do not hate the sinner. The goddess preaches that you should not judge another. I will do as she says.” Sarah said.

Brandon took his grandma’s hand. “You will like him, grandma. I think you will like Levi as well. They are good men and are very passionate about what they do. Nathaniel loves to cook and his cooking is right on your level. I hope you can meet them someday.”

Caleb shook his head. “I agree with momma. I might hate the sin but it doesn’t mean I have to judge the sinner. If your brother is anything like you, Jasmine, I will like him.”

~~

“I won’t have to worry about the time off. It will be you that will need the time off. I think we can plan it around the solstice celebration maybe. That way we should at least be there already.” Serena said. She picked up their carryon bags and took them down stairs behind Vincent.

“Do you think that maybe we could buy their baby furniture for them? By then we should have some money put up after having bought the new things for our house.” She said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th November 2014, 5:16 pm

"Sorry, I spend a lot of time defending him." She winks at Caleb. "He is my twin, in some ways he is just like me, but other he is my opposite. He is not as outgoing as me. He is known as the 'shy' prince. He is also not into archery, but both of us are damn good dancers."

~~~~~~~

"We should contact Mallory and Jacobi and see what they need. They will be happy to help us. You know how Mallory is." Vincent packs up their bags. "I think we should set out our clothes for tomorrow. That way we can pack up the rest. So what will you wear tomorrow, something more than your bikini I hope."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 9th November 2014, 6:32 pm

Caleb looks at Brandon. “You got a dancer as well? I bet she dances like her dad.” He said chuckling.

“She is a great dance partner. They are teaching me how to dance so that I can dance with her.” Brandon said.

“So your brother is a cook. Did he denounce the thrown? I would have thought he would have been in that race you were telling us about.” George said.

~~

Serena laughed at Vincent. “Well I thought tonight I would just sleep in the nude. I hope you don’t mind.” She said winking at him. “As for tomorrow I thought I would wear a nice dress. I have a sweater in my carryon bag.”

They finished and headed up stairs to get ready for bed. “So do I need to borrow a shirt or can I sleep in the nude?” she asked winking at him. “I think Mallory and Jacobi would love to help us. They will play along as well. I really like that idea. They will be able to maybe help us with a theme just in case they need a certain color for the furniture.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th November 2014, 7:00 pm

"He was in the race. He even won the first blessing, but he decided he didn't want to be king. My grandparents basically gave him Mallory's." Jasmine looks at Caleb. "How well do you know my father anyway?"

~~~~~~~~~

"You may need that sweater once we get to the Goddess temple." Vincent teases. "You are a little temptress, don't you worry about a thing, I will keep you warm. Even if we were in Rosario." He pulls her into his arms and kisses her senseless.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th November 2014, 4:50 am

"Not as well as I could have known him but there's not a lot that people don't know about him as well." Caleb explained. "He is a good man and we were stationed together at Fort Sumpter. He rose quickly through the ranks as he was an intelligent man.

He was our captain of the guard and he earned it well. He didn't earn that just because his uncle was Sir Grimick. No melm he was in battle and kept his men on constant alert. All of them came out of that battle with only one injury and that was to himself. He was shot in the arm with an arrow. It almost hit another man but he pushed him out of the way." Caleb explained.

~~

Serena looked up at Vincent. "Wow...you can still kiss me and leave me speechless..." She said. She had her arms around him to keep her steady. She then kissed him again. "I love to tempt you and see how far I can push you." There was a grin on her face.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th November 2014, 5:18 am

"Dad never spoke of his military days. It is just like him to take an arrow for someone else." Jasmine begins to eat. "I knew he was captain of the guard, but that was even before Mom met him. The guards all respected him though." It was on the tip of her tongue to ask about her grandparents, but that was even before Caleb's time.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think you have done that on the trip already. However, I love being tempted by my wife." Vincent holds her close and returns the kiss. He sits down on the bed with her. "Now stay here and think sexy thoughts as I finish up packing."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th November 2014, 1:34 pm

"Well they respect him because he earned it. I wish he had known his father, Berenson looks and acts just like him." George said.

"I don't think he knew him, did he Jasmine?" Brandon asked.

~~

Serena smiled at Vincent as she kissed him playfully. "I think I can do that. Besides there is a lot that I can think." She said as she winked at him.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th November 2014, 1:55 pm

Jasmine wrings her hands under the table. "We never talked about his parents. We know that they died when he was about Daniel's age. His father died in combat and his mother only a few weeks later. He doesn't remember too much about him. We don't even have any pictures of his parents." She gets a smirk on her face. "Mom told me in private that she is convinced that they would have not liked her."

~~~~~~

Vincent goes into the the bathroom and packs up the stuff in there, leave out only the items they need for the morning. He leaves the room to check the house for anything else. He finds a few items of clothing. He picks them up knowing that their bags are still mostly packed. They had spent the whole time basically in their swimsuits.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th November 2014, 2:27 pm

Brandon took Jasmine’s hand under the table as they listened to his grandfather talk about Berenson’s parents. “They were good friends of ours. I was in the military with his father. Berenson Lane was a good man. We met in the military together and went through basic training. Had he lived through the battle he would have been sixty five this year.

He was a strong and loving man and stood up for what he believed in. He was always sure of himself and never had second thoughts. As I recall, Mrs. Lane was a good woman as well.”

“She was a warm woman. I hated that she died the way she did. She died not long after her husband died, her heart broken at the thought of his death.” Sarah said.

Caleb chuckled. “Your mother is probably right, Jasmine. I don’t think she would have liked her at first.”
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th November 2014, 4:29 pm

"That much Dad has told me. I wonder how he would feel about Dad being a Prince? I know Mom would have won him over. She is blunt, but considerate as well." Jasmine sighs. "I know they are watching us from the gates. I just hope they are proud of us, even Daniel."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th November 2014, 5:00 pm

"Berenson was a man that believed that there was good in everyone. He might not have taken right away with your mother, Jasmine but he would have warmed up to her. I'm sure she has much charm and love to give to your father. Berenson would have Loved her. Not only her but all of you. He would have been proud of you and all of your brothers."

Brandon looked at Jasmine."is there anything you want to know about your grandparents?
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th November 2014, 5:41 pm

"Besides everything? Tell me your favorite story about not only my grandfather, but my grandmother as well. One that would explain to me the kind of people they were. Oh and where does the artistic talent come from?" Jasmine demands playfully.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th November 2014, 6:05 pm

George runs his fingers though his beard. “Hmm...Let me see.”

Sarah popped George’s shoulder. “Oh stop teasing the girl. I think the artistic side comes from both sides, Jasmine. Your grandfather was a wonderful writer, and your grandmother was a wonderful artist.” Sarah gets up from the table and walks into the living room. She comes back a few minutes later with a painting of some birds.

“Your grandmother painted this for me a long time ago. It was before your father was born.” Sarah explained.

“I have a book upstairs that your grandfather gave to me as well. It was a journal he kept during the war that goes all the way until his death. If you would like it, I will give it to you. He asked that I kept it and one day give it to his son or his kinfolk if they wanted it someday.” George said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th November 2014, 6:17 pm

Jasmine looks at the picture and tears come to her eyes. "If you wouldn't mind. I am sure Dad would love that." She looks at Brandon. "I am going to have some reading material for the ride home. Thank you much for sharing it George. Sarah, thank you for sharing the picture."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th November 2014, 6:35 pm

Dinner draws to an end and they clean up together. They then take their talk to the living room. George heads upstairs and grabs the journal and something else. He heads downstairs and hands the items to Jasmine. “That is his journal. Here is an added bonus. I managed to keep to keep this all these years.”

George handed Jasmine a picture of a small family. There was a young man with his wife and their young son. “Is this the Lane family?” Brandon asked as he looked at the picture.

“That is Berenson, Laura and their son Berenson Alexander. Berenson could not have been more than two in this picture.” George said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th November 2014, 6:45 pm

Jasmine sits on the couch with the family after helping to clean up. George disappears and return with a book and some pictures. Jamine looks at the picture after Brandon asks who they were. "Oh Goddess, look Brandon, it is a mature Daniel. Do you mind if I take these as well? Dad doesn't have any pictures of his parents. Thomas look like Dad so much. Except for his green eyes. So where do the grey eyes come from? I can't tell from the pictures."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th November 2014, 7:27 pm

“Berenson’s eyes were grey. Laura’s eyes were blue.” Sarah said. “That is why she fell in love with him. She could read all of his emotions in his eyes. She always said when he was angry they raged like a storm and when he was happy it was like the breeze blowing the grass.”

“Please take them. I would love for your family to have them.” George said. “Berenson should know what his parent’s look like. If you ever want to know more about them I am sure that I could answer more questions for you.” He said.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th November 2014, 7:42 pm

Jasmine stands up. "I have tons more questions, but they will have to wait until later. When you come out for the Summer Solstice, please tell my father and us about Grandma and Grandpa Lane. I am going to my room and absorb this all." She gives George and Sarah kisses on their cheeks and goes upstairs.

She sits on her bed and studies the pictures. She knows that Brandon will be up soon, but needs a few moments to herself. She knows Dad will have questions. There are tears trickling down her face. She only wishes the pictures could talk.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna 10th November 2014, 8:00 pm

Brandon sits with his family as Jasmine headed upstairs. “She told me that they never talked about them that they were always told that they were watching over them from the gates of the dark forest. In a way I think she is right.”

“Berenson was young when his father died. He was only five or six I believe.” George said. “The memories he probably has or had have faded over the years. All I can say was that his great uncle was a great man to take him in.”

“He lost his mother less than a year later as well. It does not surprise me that he doesn’t remember anything about his mother either. She drowned herself in her depression and she never came out of it. She lost her fight when she became sick from not eating. That is something Jasmine does not need to hear.” Sarah said.

“Thank you for sharing these memories with her. I am sure that it was both sad yet fulfilling to know what kind of people they were when they were alive.” Brandon said. He gets up and hugs his family. “I am going to go check on her to make sure she is ok.”

Brandon headed upstairs to Jasmine’s room. He knocked gently on the door before looking in. “Can I come in?” he asked.
Luna
Luna
Administrator

GTR's guinea pig

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th November 2014, 8:26 pm

Jasmine wipes her eyes before looking up at Brandon. "I think I know at least a fraction of what you felt when you found out about your family. Grandma and Grandpa Lane were the white elephant of the house. I talked to Mom about it during our girl time. She told me that Laura died from a broken heart. I remember feeling angry. How can a mom just do that and not take care of her child? However now I think I know how." She touches the pictures as she looks at them again. "I can see traces of the boys in the pictures. Daniel is Grandpa made over. Thomas has Grandma's smile. Nathaniel has his chin."

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top