Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Gateway

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 5 Empty Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 16th December 2011, 3:18 am

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The City of Myreria; it was quiet this time of the morning. Isadeva made her way silently down the stair cases, and into the main hall of the riders court. Several of the staff nodded towards her as she passed, some even greeting her kindly as she quickly brushed past them all.

No one was surprised to see her up this early. It had become a ritual for her; get up, eat a little breakfast, and rush through the Keep to avoid any and all attention. Her first stop was the dragon's nesting area. Several of the dragons loved the attention that she showered on them, and of all the talk of them being horrid beasts that could kill you with the blink of an eye, there was nothing they loved more than a chin scratch.

She stopped outside the Nesting, sighing happily at the warmth that radiated from the sand that the dragons loved to sleep in. Taking a deep breath she started off through the area, smiling at the feel of the sand on her feet. She was supposed to meet Darius and Rhaegar here for a bit of out of the classroom class.

[Attn: Dragons]
Lyamir let out a roar of a yawn, shifting in her shallow basin she had created in the sand. She had at some point turned so she layed on her back, and her feet swayed in the air slightly. All in all so far the day had begun to be good. The gnawing of the emptiness inside her soul was still there, and over time it had started to get worse. Part of her was missing and she wanted it back. Well perhaps back was the wrong thing to say, either way she wanted it, and was unhappy that they had postponed the initiation of the new recruits.

She felt some of the others join in on her discomfort, and sighed. At least she was't alone in it, she supposed it could be worse.

[Attn: Open, Irakvorr]
While most riders were just now awake, or just now attending their duties, Daiden was awake and already half way into the wilds. He had risen early and while Irakvorr was not happy aboutt it, Rider and Dragon had left the city to hunt. The mountains were a dangerous place. Home to wild animals, as well as people. Daiden wasn't worried, however, it would have to be something very big, or very stupid to ever attack a dragon. The trees were thick here, and Daiden had finally told Irakvorr to land. They could continue on foot, as much as he knew the dragon wouldn't want too.

He patted the scaley hide of the creature affectionately, starting through the underbrush.
"Be careful, and stay close to me. I don't want to get lost. Even with our telepathy it would take us forever to find each other again," he thought towards his dragon, the mental link between them sending it loud and clear into his dragon's mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 5 Empty Re: Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 10:26 pm

{Attn: Nedria}

Kyra smiled, trying to look as friendly as she could manage. People skills weren't her forte. "My name is Kyra, I'm from Myreria and am looking for Riders. I'm sure you didn't intend for it to happen, but I saw you take down that pick pocket. Not only your magical skill impresses me, but your creativity. I think you are exactly what we are looking for in new Rider recruits." Kyra smiles again, hating feeling like one of the barkers in their stalls at the market, but knowing that sometimes this approach works.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th January 2012, 10:32 pm

{Attn: Kyra}

Nedria raises her eyebrow. She appreciates the woman's blunt nature. She remembers her parent's warning. "I am sorry you have the wrong person. I am just a simple nomad. I only know about farming." She smiles politely again and begins to walk away.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 10:34 pm

[ATTN:Grey]

Seeing that Grey was ready to leave and that he was now totally dry, Darius gets his clothes on and straps his weapon on to his back. He than goes up to Grey and rub his chin while saying "I think we are going to be great friends Grey" he said with a smile.

Darius than get onto Greys back with his weird position again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 10:47 pm

Kyra grinds her teeth, but keeps her smile in place as she falls into step next to the "simple nomad." "Right, of course, I must have missed the random patch of ice in the middle of the street. It must be pretty thick ice to survive in this warm weather. You've heard of the Riders of course?" She decided to try and use pity or sympathy to win her over. "We are in desperate need of new Riders. I don't know if you have heard, but we are losing recruits and dragons to an unknown source. Those that have been able to return, like my father, have no souls. They're like breathing corpses, completely unresponsive. Most haven't returned at all, like my mother." She lost her smile and had to fight not to fall into her anger.

{Attn: Darius}

Gray nods and then when Darius is seated, he takes off, rising quickly. He flies them on a roundabout way back home, already considering who he will ask to do their bonding ritual. His first thought is Deidan, but maybe someone else would be less busy. After Gray lands again in Nesting, he waits for Darius to dismount, and then isn't quite sure if he should wait for someone that is able to do the ritual to come through or go in search of someone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th January 2012, 10:56 pm

{Attn: Kyra}

Nedria stops in her tracks "You saw that, listen I don't want any trouble. He did steal from me first!" She sighs when she hears this poor woman's story. "I would like to help, but it sounds like you need strong fighters. I am not strong." Nedria has heard about riders and knew she had to shake this person. "I bid you well in your search."

Once again she walks away a little more hurried.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 11:07 pm

With an annoyed sound in her throat, she follows behind Nedria at a distance. As they pass an alley that leads to the woods behind the buildings, she gets a little closer and decides that she would have to do this the hard way. They reach the next alley and Kyra grabs Nedria's arm again, as she turns, Kyra says "I'm sorry." Before Nedria could process this, Kyra punches her, knocking her out. Kyra catches the other woman before she hits the ground. Easily picking her up, she ducks quickly into the alley and into the woods. Nyrishae, I need you to come help me with someone. We're close to the village, do your best not to be seen. When they are a little deeper into the woods, Kyra carefully puts Nedria down and grimaces at the already blossoming bruise on the woman's face. It wasn't a pretty, but it got the job done. "I hope you forgive me someday."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th January 2012, 11:52 pm

[Attn: Nedria, Kyra]

Nyrishae hears her partner's call. Really? he growls back through their mental link. A 30 foot dragon is just so easy to conceal...

She sighs, she'd rather take her prey directly, not slither like some snake on its belly. However, sometimes stealth was the way.

She sneaks her way in, having a close call when a couple of kids run out of a clearing. Luckily it's dark, and human eyes are easily fooled as long as one is still, and they mistake her for a large rock. Stupid humans...

Finally, she makes it to her partner. Dinky prey, she commented. I didn't know we were no longer tossing the minnows back.

She picks the girl up in one of her massive claws and motions for her partner to get on. Once on, she quickly ascends into the sky, taking off with their quarry.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2012, 12:13 am

{Attn: Nedria, Nyrishae}

Kyra laughs at Ny's sarcasm, I know she's small, but she is exactly what we are looking for. The trip back to Myreria is quick and once Nyrishae lands in Nesting, Kyra dismounts, picking up the still unconscious Nedria. Thank you, Ny. I'll be back quickly, we have a training class to teach. She gives her friend an irritated look, not wanting to teach the class, but doing it because it was the only way to ensure she could trust the new recruits. Kyra carries Nedria to the recruit dorms and finds an empty one. Nudging the partialy open door with her foot, she then sets the other woman on the bed. Kyra leaves the room quickly, not wanting to be around when she wakes up. Someone should be with her though, so Kyra stops by medical and asks a mage to go and sit with her, to explain where she was. On her way back to Nesting, she smirks at the likely outcome of her next meeting with Nedria. She supposed she deserved some retaliation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th January 2012, 12:18 am

{Attn Open}

Nedria looks back and didn't see the woman. She slows her pace, but continues to walk. Suddenly she feels a tug on her arm and sees the woman from before. Nedria hears her say sorry, then nothing...

Nedria wakes up with a splitting headache. Her first thought is that she had too much fun in the village. Then she begins to remember what happened. She snaps her eyes open and sits up. She looks around the room. Before she can stop herself she mutters. “Where am I?” She shakes her head. “I have to get home, my parents are going to kill me.”

She tries to get up and must have done it too quickly because she felt dizzy.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2012, 1:05 am

Jasmine, the mage Kyra had asked visit the newcomer, entered the room that she had been told would hold the recruit. "Oh, good, you're awake. Kyra thought it would be soon." Noticing the dark bruise, Jasmine winces. "Would you like some ice for that jaw?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th January 2012, 1:13 am

{Attn: Jasmine open}

"I will be fine." Nedria said slowly. Her mouth hurt like hell. She puts her hand on her jaw gingerly. Sure Nedria was upset that she was taken, but it doesn't mean she has to stay. "I can take care of myself. Just point me the way I have to go."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2012, 1:13 am

[Attn: Rhaegar]

Isadeva was still wincing as she walked, pressing a hand against her side. The young mage had healed her the best he could, but she was still sore.
Lazarus had immediately lashed at the mage the moment he had said that was the best he could do, and in turn she had ripped into him. They had both left the Nesting pissed off.

She had told Gray and Darius to stay put in the Nesting, and if she caught them running off again without permission she'd see to it that they were reprimanded.
She was currently hunting down Rhaegar since he had decided to leave the area once he had finished with Drokui.

She found him finally, and smiled at him.
"I'm sorry about that little episode, however I must ask you to come back, please. Kyra has finally returned and we can start the actual class now."

[Attn: Nephenee]

Deirra took the fiesty woman to the Nesting area first. The dragon's that were laying around looked up briefly, but went back to their dozing moments later. She noticed one young recruit, and Kyra standing near by, and snorted softly. So it seemed the fight was over.

"Alright doll, this is where the dragons stay. Both bonded and not bonded. "

[Attn: Simone, Irakvorr]

Deidan let out a sigh, going to retreive the rope that had been on Simone in the first place. Limping back over the two of them, he gently took hold of the woman's wrists, tying the back.
"I'm sorry you know, I wish we didn't have to recruit this way sometimes..."
It was necessary right now though. They needed people to fill in where the others had been lost.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2012, 1:18 am

Jasmine folds her hands in front of her. "Kyra gave me specific instructions to keep you here until she saw you again. I don't believe you have to stay in your room, but I can guarantee you won't find your way out alone. Are you sure you wouldn't like some ice or something? I can heal that for you if you would prefer."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th January 2012, 1:30 am

{Attn: Jasmine, Open}

Nedria narrows her eyes at the young lady for the briefest of moments. Then she plasters on an innocent expression. "Thank you for the offer, you can heal? I would appreciate it if you can help me. I can't believe how mean that woman was."

Nedria wants to be in top shape when she does see that witch again. "I would like to at least get out of this room if I may. Is there a restroom around here?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2012, 1:57 am

Being the trusting sort, Jasmine smiles. "No problem." She steps forward and puts her hand on her jaw. As she pulses a little power into healing, she smiles again. "I'm Jasmine by the way, a mage here. As for Kyra, she's not really a people person and her rough nature takes some getting used to. There, all healed up. How does that feel now?" She steps back and then turns to the door. "Bathroom is this way, one for every few rooms."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 8th January 2012, 2:08 am

{Attn: Jasmine}

"I am Nedria." She moves her jaw, the pain is gone. She wonders if the bruising is gone too. "I don't know why I am here or even where here is, but I appreciate your assistance. Hopefully that Kyra girl comes back so we can clear everything up."

There is no reason for her to be mean to a fellow mage. All she want is to go home, and she will no matter what.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 8th January 2012, 11:54 am

[Attn: Deidan, Simone]

"Now, you show remorse?" he said. "A little late considering the other woman has vowed your end, partner of my soul. You have made an eternal enemy this day, keep that in mind." He chuckled. "I look forward to the myriad of ways she will attempt to assassinate you."

When Deidan had finished tying the woman up, he picked her up in his front left claws. "Hop on, we must be away."

When Deidan got on, which he had a little trouble with is leg, Irakvorr took to the skies to head for home.

[Attn: Deira, dragons]

"Holy mackerel!" Nephenee exclaims as she looks in. "That's more dragons in one place than I've ever seen in muh life!"

She temporarily forgot her wrath, looking on in awe. There were all three kinds of dragon. It is an impressive sight. Then, her memory--and thus anger--kicks back in.

"Well," she said, "at least y'all ain't lyin' about havin' dragons. Though we had plenty in the wild back home. I bet'cha I'd've trained one up real nice and proper, too."

She turns and starts walking on. "Alright, let's get this over with. Show me my cell."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 8th January 2012, 11:57 am

[ATTN: Deidan, Irakvorr]

Simone smiled darkly up as Deidan as he tied her once again. "Oh, you mean you want to recruit me?" she said, feigning ignorance. "Give me a dragon and a weapon, and hope that I'll stay on your side? Flawless plan, that."

She looked over at the dragon. One eternal enemy? The rider had made two. She closed her eyes as the dragon picked her up, trying to stay calm as they rose into the air. There wasn't anything she could do now, but that didn't mean she wouldn't be ready to raise hell later.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 8th January 2012, 12:27 pm

[ATTN: Isadeva]

Rhaegar had made it quite far before anyone realized he had left. When Isadeva caught up to him, he whirled around and did not return her smile.

"The class hadn't even started?" he asked, irritated. "What the hell is wrong with you people?"

He turned and began to head back to the Nesting.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th January 2012, 5:46 pm

ATTN: Grey

Once they arrive to the nesting area, Darius says "So should i go get Isa to plan this rituel *he than starts to whisper* i cant wait to get outta here"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th January 2012, 11:00 pm

{Attn: all those in nesting and all new recruits}

Kyra reaches Nyrishae in nesting and turns to let out a shrill whistle. When everyone has shut up and looks towards her, she speaks loudly, "Alright, new recruits, choose a dragon. If you haven't found one that you would like to begin training on, choose now. After you do so, mount up and get ready for class. You have 3 minutes." Kyra smoothly mounts onto Nyrishae and waits impatiently for everyone to get ready. I hate teaching the newbies.

{Attn: Darius}

Gray leans down so Darius can get on his back. Looks like they had to wait until after class. Hopefully, Deidan would be back by then. Gray sighs, accepting they will have to wait longer. He hopes Kyra keeps it short today.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th January 2012, 7:00 am

{Attn: Open}

Nedria exits the room, Jasmine follows. “The closest bathroom is right down there.” She points to the left. “It’s the third door down.”

“Thank you.” Nedria states as she walks away. She enters the restroom. It is one of the fancier ones she has ever seen. It has several stalls and separated showering area. She goes over to the sink to take a look at her face. Just as she suspected, her jaw is still discolored. Her parents were right; the dragon riders are a cruel lot. Now they have her. Not for long if she has any say.

Nedria exits the bathroom and looks down the hall. No one is around, not even the Jasmine girl. Nedria decides to explore a little. She found it a bit odd that her room and the bathroom had no windows in it. She knows that most people relish the light. She is used to not having windows; then again the canvas of the tents does allow some light to come in.

She also finds it odd that no one else is around. Maybe they are a bit desperate for members. No matter, she closes her eyes remembering the stories her parents told her of the life of a dragon rider. Your life is no longer your own when you get ‘tethered’ to the beasts. You became a slave to them, and they become a slave to you. And the both of you are property of the city, and nothing more. Nedria feels bad for the creatures, and will fight her hardest to not become a rider.

As she walks through the building, she looks for somehow to escape. There has to be a window...door…something. She finally reaches a stairway and goes down. There she enters what seems to be a common area. She finds Jasmine sitting and reading. Not only that, but windows. She races over and discovers they are not your typical windows, but glass blocks. Very difficult to break, but efficient at letting light in. She doesn’t think her magic is strong enough. She looks outside to gauge where she is. It appears the dorm is almost built into a mountain, explaining why there weren’t any windows on her side.

She looks around at all the buildings and the people outside, suddenly feeling a bit claustrophobic. She has heard of the cities before, but has never been to one. People crammed into one area like sardines. This keeps getting better and better. She puts her hand on the window. I am so sorry, I should have listened. She looks down at her hands. These powers are more of a curse than a blessing.

Nedria turns to Jasmine. “I don’t suppose you are going to tell me where the door is?”

Jasmine shakes her head. “I am sorry, but Kyra gave me orders to keep you here until she returns.” She smirks slightly knowing that the door is in fact close by, but her illusion magic hiding it from Nedria. It was then Jasmine hears the new recruits stomach rumble. “If you are hungry I can take you to the kitchen area and make you something.”

Nedria wanted to say no, but she is hungry. “Yes please take me to the kitchen, but I can make my own food. I will even make you something, probably better than you can get in the city”

Jasmine leads her to the kitchen area and watches her as she prepares both herself and Jasmine a dish. No need to be cruel to the one stuck babysitting her. It is not in her blood to be mean to a fellow mage, not matter the circumstance.

xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th January 2012, 1:25 pm

[ATTN: Grey]

Darius see's Grey leaning down, and, excited for another ride he gets on quickly, once again in his weird position. Although he was much more excited to start the ritual...

But they would have to wait after class. Darius couldn't wait to go flying with grey, free.

''Okay lets do this Grey!'' He said with a smile.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 14th January 2012, 1:30 pm

[ATTN: Nesting peeps]

Rhaegar made it back to the Nesting in time to hear someone giving out instructions. It appeared that they would actually be learning to ride a dragon, rather than that foolishness Isadeva had them doing before.

He went over to Drokui and climbed onto him once again. He took a seat on the dragon where he figured would be the right spot and waited for further instructions.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th January 2012, 1:14 am

[Attn: Nephenee]

Deirra let out a chuckle. "I'm not putting you in a cell. However, right now despite wanting to wisk you away and have you all to myself. You have to stay here. Initiation."

She jerked her head over to Isadeva whom had entered after a bit. She had nothing but disgust for the girl.

"Ask the simpleton over there what you need to be doing, and I'll be waiting for you over there."

[Attn: Rhaegar, Gray, Darius]

Drokui shifted to look back at the human as he climbed up onto his back. He stretched his wings, standing up with a groan. He walked past Gray and Darius, hitting the younger dragon with his tail. It wasn't anything that would hurt him, but it was enough to get his point across.
Mind your elders.

[Attn: Simone, Irakvorr]

It didn't take long for the group to land. Deidan slid off, ignoring the soldiers as they crowed around him. He limped slightly, but bent down to help Simone to her feet. The woman seemed mostly unharmed, and that made him relax in relief. Honestly he didn't want to hurt anyone.
He cut the bonds on her legs, pausing at her hands.
"If I cut them, are you going to attack me?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top