Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Gateway

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 3 Empty Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 16th December 2011, 3:18 am

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The City of Myreria; it was quiet this time of the morning. Isadeva made her way silently down the stair cases, and into the main hall of the riders court. Several of the staff nodded towards her as she passed, some even greeting her kindly as she quickly brushed past them all.

No one was surprised to see her up this early. It had become a ritual for her; get up, eat a little breakfast, and rush through the Keep to avoid any and all attention. Her first stop was the dragon's nesting area. Several of the dragons loved the attention that she showered on them, and of all the talk of them being horrid beasts that could kill you with the blink of an eye, there was nothing they loved more than a chin scratch.

She stopped outside the Nesting, sighing happily at the warmth that radiated from the sand that the dragons loved to sleep in. Taking a deep breath she started off through the area, smiling at the feel of the sand on her feet. She was supposed to meet Darius and Rhaegar here for a bit of out of the classroom class.

[Attn: Dragons]
Lyamir let out a roar of a yawn, shifting in her shallow basin she had created in the sand. She had at some point turned so she layed on her back, and her feet swayed in the air slightly. All in all so far the day had begun to be good. The gnawing of the emptiness inside her soul was still there, and over time it had started to get worse. Part of her was missing and she wanted it back. Well perhaps back was the wrong thing to say, either way she wanted it, and was unhappy that they had postponed the initiation of the new recruits.

She felt some of the others join in on her discomfort, and sighed. At least she was't alone in it, she supposed it could be worse.

[Attn: Open, Irakvorr]
While most riders were just now awake, or just now attending their duties, Daiden was awake and already half way into the wilds. He had risen early and while Irakvorr was not happy aboutt it, Rider and Dragon had left the city to hunt. The mountains were a dangerous place. Home to wild animals, as well as people. Daiden wasn't worried, however, it would have to be something very big, or very stupid to ever attack a dragon. The trees were thick here, and Daiden had finally told Irakvorr to land. They could continue on foot, as much as he knew the dragon wouldn't want too.

He patted the scaley hide of the creature affectionately, starting through the underbrush.
"Be careful, and stay close to me. I don't want to get lost. Even with our telepathy it would take us forever to find each other again," he thought towards his dragon, the mental link between them sending it loud and clear into his dragon's mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragon Gateway

Post by Red 22nd December 2011, 10:39 pm

[ATTN: Daiden, Irakvorr]

Simone flinched as the dragon struck out - not at her, though, but at something above her. Everything moved in a flash - the rocks falling, her stumbling, and suddenly the dragon was on her, pinning her down.

Simone breathed hard, reaching with one hand for her bow that lay just out of reach. "So this is the honor of the dragon rider," she said spitefully. "Terrorizing innocent women. That's classy. I expected as much from your kind."

She managed to reach behind her to her quiver, grabbing an arrow and shoving it into the tender spot between the dragon's claws.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd December 2011, 11:11 pm

[Attn: Thalas]
Inra didn’t like the way the anti-social dragon was eyeing her human friend. Sneering at Thalas she stepped on his tail trying to take his attention away from the humans. Dragons weren’t supposed to fight in the nesting, but she didn’t like his threatening manner.

[Attn: Dierra]
Hearing Thalas in his mind, he ignored Dierra *No my friend, leave her there for now I’ve got a plan that I will share with you later* Looks drolly at Dierra not at all happy with her words, he’d gotten what he needed and he was done listening to her, “I’ll do this my own way, I do not recall asking for your opinion now how I should collect her. Go run along and knock someone over the head and collect them, I have other things to do.”

Seeing that Dierra had yet to move he sighed glaring at her, “This conversation is closed, go away now.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 22nd December 2011, 11:42 pm

[Attn: Deidan, Simone]

Irakvorr growled in pain as the human-flying-sharp stick pierced between his claws. He lifted his foot and the woman took the time to scramble free. But Irakvorr was too used to smaller prey and too used to cleverness. He knocked her back to the ground with a lash of his tail, then, walking on his other paws, lumbered over and cracked his tail like a whip at the base of the human's skull. He was careful not to overdo it and kill her; just enough to knock her out.

He looked at his partner and held up his claw, awaiting his aid.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd December 2011, 1:06 am

{Attn: Darius}

Gray ate quickly and then decided he wanted to go for a fly. Kneeling low to the ground, he nudged Darius around towards his back. While he waited for him to get on, he looked around at the other dragons. A few of the other dragons were kind to him, but most avoided him. It was true that he never had wanted to be bonded to a human, but he had secretly hoped that if it ever happened, that others would accept him. Gray had no true friends, even the other humans that he has been around rushed through his care and then moved on without much to say. Except Isadeva. He did like her as she was always nice.

{Attn: Nyrishae}

Kyra smiled at the dragon. "I really just want to get out for a little while. Maybe we could go by the village and see if we see any promising potential recruits." They went by all of the nearby villages regularly. Kyra's only ambition was to build an army she could rely on and then find the bastards that are ruining their way of life. "Before we go, have you eaten yet? Or, would you like to hunt something while we are out?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 23rd December 2011, 8:29 am

[ATTN: Drokui]

Rhaegar looked up at the dragon and he could feel this was the one. His parents would be so thrilled to hear he finally got his dragon; they'd been sending letters since he got there asking why he hadn't gotten his dragon yet. The dragon indicated he wanted a spot between his shoulders scratched and Rhaegar frowned.

"How in the hell am I supposed to reach that?" he asked.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd December 2011, 11:11 am

[Attn: Kyra]

"Promising recruits?" said Nyrishae amused. "I know what you are about, partner of my soul. And a hunt sounds promising either way."

She stood and shook herself, then lowered himself for Kyra to get on. "Lying about like hatchlings is dulling my claws," she said, "Let us go where the action is."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd December 2011, 2:14 pm

[Attn: Nesting Gounds, Inra]

Thalas let out a roar, whirling on Inra with a vicious snarl. The rules here didn't phase him, and like hell he was going to just lie down and take it. He lashed out suddenly, claws raking against Inra with terrible force. The dragon wasn't holding back as Inra had on his tail.

Isadeva let out a gasp, starting towards the fighting dragons. She was stopped by a firm hand on her arm, and Marcus pulled her back.

"Don't, you'll get yourself killed."

The mage narrowed her eyes at the Rider holding her back, jerking free. Now was not the time to be thinking about her safety. Part of her job was to protect the dragons even if it was from themselves.

"Go get your brother, hes the only one that can do anything with his dragon." She said calmly although she was fuming on the inside.

[Attn: Lazarus]

"Welll, well. Look who it isn't," Derria chuckled, looking past Lazarus. The mage pushed past Lazarus to cofront his brother.

Marcus let out a heavy sigh, gently pushing the mage away from him.

"Lazarus I need you to come deal with your dragon, before he kills someone."

[Attn: Irakvorr]

"You can't carry all of us, my friend," Diedan said, wincing as he stood. The Rider limped over to his dragon, leaning against his scaly hide. He could feel the blood oosing down his leg and it made him groan.

"Take one bac to the city, and I'll stay here with the other. "

_____________________________________________-

[Attn: Rhaegar]

Drokui let out a noise that sounded suspicously like a chucle. The dragon shifted slightly, lowering himself into the sand, and opened his wings to lay on the ground next to him.

"I presume you know how to climb?"

Last edited by MechanicalAngel on 23rd December 2011, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 23rd December 2011, 2:22 pm

[Attn: Deidan]

Irakvorr had to fight wincing every time he felt his partner's pain through the link. While his partner took offense, for any hurt that became him, Irakvorr wasn't so mollycoddling. What was the point of a hunt if the prey wasn't worthy?

Irakvorr chuckled. "And which would you have me take first?" he asked. "Your prey or mine? Though I'd advise yours: you've made a powerful enemy this day and I fear she will not rest till one of you is dead. Perhaps I should end her here and now...?"

Irakvorr wouldn't mollycoddle, and he was fond of the young girl already, but if it was the choice between the life of her or his soul-partner, the choice was obvious. And the girl had murder in her eyes, sure as the sun rose and set.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd December 2011, 5:27 pm

[Attn: Thalas, Isadeva, nesting area]
Ok so maybe that wasn’t Inra’s smartest move in the world opening her mouth as he struck her with his claws she let out an almost unearthly sound of pain. Lashing out she snapped at him her sharp teeth glistening in the dull light of the nesting as she snarled and reached out with her claws barely missing him.

[Attn: Derria, Marcus, nesting]
Turning towards his brother Lazarus let out a growl until he began to speak about his dragon, “Since when has my dragon been a danger to anyone but you?” Wait, Thalas was in the nesting and so was Isadeva and if Marcus was here then he couldn’t be the one Thalas was angry with, shit. Pushing his brother out of the way he ran towards the nesting, no one should be left with Thalas when he was pissed. The sounds of dragons fighting reached his eyes as he got. What dumbass dragon had decided to piss his dragon off *Thalas!* Gods he wasn’t close enough to see what was happening and his heart was thumping loudly in his chest as he ran.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd December 2011, 6:40 pm

[Attn: Nesting Grounds]

Thalas snarled, frost collecting around his maw. He didn't release the blast at Inra because he knew it would do no good. He barely heard Lazarus call his name in his mind, but ignored the rider. The dragon lashed out at Inra once more, but saw the other dragon dodge it.

He counteracted by lashing his tail around to whip at Inra's legs. The move never connected with the the other dragon.

Isadeva let out a hoarse scream when Thalas' tail crashed into her side. She had managed a weak shield before the blow landed, but it didn't completely soften the blow. She felt and heard a crack moments before pain exploded through her ribs.

She coughed, blood splattering her lips as her legs went weak beneath her, and she fell to her knees causing another cry to escape her as the landing jarred her ribs.

[Attn: Irakvorr]

Daiden hesitated, looking between the two women.

"No, we aren't killing anyone. Take the wild one first," he replied, nudging Nephenee with his foot. He went to the pack strapped to Irakvorrs side, and pulled out some rope. It was always something he kept on his person--or his dragon's person as the case my be--because you never knew when you might need it.

He used his sword to cut the rope in half, and used both halves to tie both girls hands behind their backs.

"Don't worry about me, friend. I'll be fine."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd December 2011, 6:55 pm

[ATTN: Gray, Nesting Grounds]

Darius was looking at Gray eat his meal very speedily, it made him wonder if the dragon's vital system was similar to humans or not, he often wonders these things he doesn't really need to know but it keeps him occupied for some time.

Darius was lost in his thoughts when Gray nudged him to get on his back. *ooh this is where the fun starts, ive always wanted to ride a dragon on my own..* he thought to himself and he than says ''Well im up for this !'' with a smile. He climbs up on Gray's back and goes in a crouching position, Darius never actually sits down, even on a chair, he is in crouching position, he claims that it helps him think better. Once in position he calls out ''okay im ready whenever you are!''

[ATTN: Drake]

Rewilin Smiles at Drakes compliment about him being a great friend and replies *you are my best friend to Drake and I will follow you everywhere you go, I owe you a lot after all*. Rewi finishes eating his meal, leaving nothing but the bones of the poor animal. He than stretches and jumps up for a few seconds, does a back flip and while falling he does a 360 degrees dive and lands with a thrust of his wings, making his landing soft and elegant. *There im ready, thank you for taking care of me again Drake!* He thought while going up to Drake and licking his whole face*
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd December 2011, 7:30 pm

[Attn: nesting grounds]
Hearing Isadeva scream out Inra turn to the woman ignoring Thalas as she slowly walked over to her human friend like a pet who need they did wrong. The blood on her lips scared the older dragon as she let out a cry of sorrow laying down by Isadeva’s side having no idea what to do.

Lazarus’ heart stopped as the female scream that rent the air. Running into the nesting ground his blood froze as he saw Isadeva on the ground catching sight of the red on her lips. Running toward her he dropped to the ground beside her *Thalas…wha…what happened?* A small part of his mind was aware he sound be mad at the dragon, but for the moment he was too scared for Isadeva’s life. “Isadeva love, I’m sorry.” She was so pale, oh gods, he knew he couldn’t pick her up without someone with health or medical knowledge to look at her, he didn’t want to cause her more harm.

[Attn: Rewilin]
Chuckling Drake patted Rewilin on the head *You are my friend and I will always take care of you to the best of my abilities. Lets patrol the north country side and make sure everything seems right* There were too many disappearances and very little seemed to be right these days, but they still had to patrol no matter how dangerous it got.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd December 2011, 11:40 pm

{Attn: Nyrishae and others in nesting}

Kyra mounted, revved for their flight, but she heard the fight just before they were to leave. Dammit, she was really never going to get out of here. Nyrishae, let's go deal with this drama before we go.. As Nyrishae walked over to the ruckus, Kyra saw Thalas' tail hit Isa. "Enough! Lazarus, get Thalus under control and out of here now! Marcus, get a healer for Isadeva." Kyra dismounted and walked to Isa, kneeling next to her friend. "Isa, we should lie you down and then try not to move until we know the damage."

After Darius mounted Gray's back, he heard the commotion and went to leave quickly. He didn't want to get dragged into a dragon fight. He saw Isa go down and hesitated, but there was enough going on. Gray went to the exit and lifted off easily into the bright sunlight. Gray tried to forget about everything going on and just concentrated on giving Darius a fun flight. He flew high into the air over the mountains, circiling peaks and clouds. Then he plunged down towards the ground at an exhilarating speed, laughing inside as he went.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th December 2011, 1:08 am

[ATTN: Gray]

Darius is in awe, he is having so much fun on Gray's back that he was screaming out and laughing and.. as always noticing some odd things about his surroundings, and saying weird things to himself. He was no longer in crouching position, he had taken place on his stomach and was holing on to Gray with his arms. ''You fly really well Gray !'' Darius says while chuckling.

Rewilin lays down to let Drake mount him, and when he is assured that his rider is well place, he lifts off with agility and blasts off towards his destination at high velocity, Grinning with satisfaction. *And to think only a few months ago i was having a hard time walking, this progress is in part thanks to you Drake ! thank you again !* He thought at the intention of Drake.

Last edited by JackSkillet on 25th December 2011, 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th December 2011, 5:17 pm

[Attn: Lazarus, Kyra, Dragons]
Isadeva tensed when Lazarus practically slid to a stop next to her. The concern he showed for her baffled her, but right now she didn't care who was there as long as someone was.
Her hand clasped his tightly, and she shook her head at Kyra when the elder rider attempted to make him leave.
She tried to talk, but all she managed to do was splatter more blood around her lips. Her breathing was becoming labored, and it was wheezy. She figured one of her broken wings punctured her lung.

Marcus gritted his teeth at how quickly she welcomed his brothers affections even after everything Lazarus had done to her.
"I'll go," he managed to say between clinched teeth, slowly backing away.

Thalas let out a noise that sounded suspiciously like a whimper, laying down next to his rider. The dragon laid his head down next to Lazarus, allowing his nose to touch his leg.
'I apologize...'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th December 2011, 2:23 pm

[Attn: Rewilin]
The wind whipped at his face as they rose high into the sky, many would think it was a miracle Rewilin was in such good shape now given the past few months, but it wasn’t a miracle it was long days and nights of care and nursing and it was something Drake would do again in an instant *I’m glad you’ve healed and are able to fly and have a life like any other dragon*

[Attn: Kyra, Isa, dragons]
Lazarus glared at the older dragon who judging by the gash marks on her, she was the one Thalas was fighting. Turning his head he glared at Kyra, “Thalas is under control you unobservant woman.” Laying his free hand on Thalas he allowed the dragon to know it was ok, what was done was done. Now he was just worried about Isadeva’s survival, “It’s going to be alright Isadeva, oh gods I’m sorry.” Grasping her hand he’s never forgive himself if she died.

Scared and hurt Inra slunk off into a back corner of the nesting. Closing her eyes she hopped her human friend could make it through this, she shouldn’t have angered Thalas, but she’d never imagined anyone besides her would get hurt.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 26th December 2011, 8:32 pm

[ATTN: Drokui]

Rhaegar watched the dragon lower himself so he could get at him easier and he scowled at the dragon's chuckle. He still wasn't all that struck on this foolishness, but he might as well humour everyone. He was distracted for a moment by what was going on elsewhere in the nesting area, but it didn't concern him so he looked back at his dragon.

He approached the dragon and said, "I can climb, it's just a matter of whether I want to."

In truth he had had more magical training than physical training, and he certainly hadn't had climbing training, but if this was what it would take to get his dragon then he figured he had to do it. He picked up a handful of sand and scrambled awkwardly up the dragon's wing, making his way toward the shoulders.

He begun to rub the sand on the right side, assuming this was the spot the dragon had meant.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th December 2011, 11:56 pm

Gray laughed again at Darius' obvious excitement. He enjoys flying, but has never had so much fun. With a start, he realizes he is happy for the first time in...as long as he can remember. In a split second he decides to bond with the recruit on his back. That would mean that he had to leave the only home he's ever known, but when he really thought about it, he didn't feel much. He would miss his family a little and the people that were nice to him, but this was his chance to really fit in and be happy somewhere. Gray couldn't help but laugh at the irony of the situation. He's spent his whole life fighting the bonding process and now he's excited to bond and run away.

Gray wheels around and rockets back up into the clouds, high above the mountains. He starts to head to a nearby lake he knows of that is really beautiful. When he reaches the lake, he drops down to the water level, skimming his feet and the tips of his wings in the water. As he reaches the other bank, he starts to slow and land on the soft sand. They would spend some time here and then go back. Gray would find someone to do the bonding ceremony when they got home.

{Attn: Isadeva, Lazarus, nesting}

Kyra glared at Lazarus, but held her tongue, Isa didn't need an unconscious Lazarus falling on top of her after Kyra knocks his lights out. Instead, she smiles down at Isa, "Alright, he can stay as long as you lie down and stay as still as possible. Marcus will be back shortly with help." God, Kyra hated feeling useless and couldn't wait until Marcus came back with a healer so she could get out of here. She was concerned about Isa of course, she was the closest thing she had to a friend, but she couldn't stand not being able to fix it. Looking towards the door again, she wills Marcus to come through the door with a healer.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th December 2011, 8:14 am

[ATTN: Gray]

When Gray landed on the sand Darius jumped off, still laughing, and lied down on the sand to start making a sand angel. He than had a question about dragons. ''YOOU have to satisfy my curiosity ! this would be so cool ! can dragons swim !!??'' Although Darius's face is half hidden by his mask, it was obvious that he was excited by this new idea. To persuade Gray to get in the water, Darius took his clothes off until he only had his boxers left and jumped into the water.

He than waved and says ''Cmon in !!''

Rewilin was surprisingly fast, even some would say faster than other dragons, and due to his little size he was very agile. Once arrived at their destination he started gliding slowly and scouting the area. ''Do you see anything unusual Drake?'' he asked. He was a bit worried about going far from the security of the city due to the bonds that were breaking for some unknown reason, but he still did his duties.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 29th December 2011, 8:01 pm

Irakvorr nodded. "As you wish."

He clutched the one called Nephenee in his claw and leaping off his hind claws took to the air. The flight was long, and the girl was not out for long, screaming obscenities until Irakvorr told her to shut up. Much to his surprise, it worked. The reason after was obvious.

"I didn't know dragons could talk," she said numbly.

"Just those of us from the city," Irakvorr answered. "I'm afraid that Deidan was quite right about the ones out in the wild being the same as animals."

"Not buyin' it," the girl answered stubbornly--he really did like that in her. "Someone had to do it at one point otherwise the rest o' ya wouldn't be able to do it."

Irakvorr chuckled. "No one is quite sure why that is," he said honestly, "although, with your spirit, you may very well have proven everyone wrong."

"I can still do it, ya damn overgrown lizard," Neph snapped defiantly.

"I'm afraid you don't realize the precarious nature of your situation," he told her. "You are being taken to be initiated into the Riders."

"Well, I don't want to be a 'Rider' so yer wastin' yer time!" she growled.

"I'm afraid the choice is no longer yours," Irakvorr told her simply.

"We'll see about that," Neph snapped. "I'd rather die than be made to join people who go kidnappin' honest folks off the street."

"I can arrange that," Irakvorr said sharply. "I could just let go here and now."

"Then do it," Neph said flatly. "If for no other reason than that partner of yours...if I ever see him again, I'll kill'im dead. He's lucky I missed the artery in his leg, cause I was sure tryin'."

Irakvorr almost did as she said right then and there, but then he remembered Deidan's words and thought against it. Besides...

"Then so be it..." Irakvorr said.

"Wha...? I just threatened your 'partner' and all ya can say is 'So be it'?!?" she growled incredulously. "You guys sure are close. Like two cats in a sack..."

"Don't misunderstand," Irakvorr said, amusement in his voice. "You've already proven your worth, and your strength. You are a worthy adversary. I fear the man is getting too soft, and some new blood to keep him on his toes is just what he needs to stop brooding so much."

"I'll kill'im if I get the chance..." she warned.

"I don't doubt you will..."

After that, it was a quiet journey. Nephenee only made one other comment.

"It's amazin' up here," she said wonderingly.

"You'll soon get used to it when you get your own dragon partner," Irakvorr commented.

Soon, they made it to the keep. Instead of the nest, Irakvorr landed in the courtyard. A few soldiers ran up to meet them.

"Hail, dragon!" called one, a lieutenant. "What brings us the honor?"

Irakvorr nodded; this human had been taught well. "I bring a new recruit courtesy my Rider Deiden. However, she is not a willing candidate, so be careful."

"The will be pleased," commented the lieutenant.

"We have one more to bring, as well," Irakvorr replied. "Look for us on the morrow."

"'Be careful,' he says," commented a soldier scornfully as he reached down to lift Neph to her feet. "She's just a little girl, what danger could she possibly be?"

Irakvorr lifted into the air and began to fly off. "She attacked and held her ground against me," he commented. The lieutenant paled and looked at the girl in astonishment.

"We will be careful, sir," he said, slightly put off.

As he flew off, he suddenly heard a commotion below. Well, he had warned them. He quickly made way back to where his partner lay. After hours, and night almost upon him, he found his partner.

"I have returned," he said. "Last I saw, the girl was proving to the doubters of her danger. And no, I didn't help them. If they're fool enough to underestimate her, then they should learn the price for such foolishness."

He looked to the woman, who was obviously wide awake now. "Do you want to go back, now, or would you rather wait till the morning? I'm certain I can carry you both. It would also be wise as Nephenee did mention a grandfather, and if she regards him highly, then it'd be in your best interests not to linger before he comes looking to find what happened to his 'helpless' granddaughter."

[Attn: Open]

Nephenee gritted her teeth as the soldier belittled her with his question. As he hoisted her up, she decided to show him. She stomped his foot then rammed the back of her skull into his face. Immediately, she leapt into the air, bringing her legs up and slipping her arms around them, bringing them in front. She turned, grabbed the soldier, then using her hip as leverage, threw the man on his back onto the ground.

The men were stunned, but she knew they wouldn't be for long. She ran at another and plowed into him with a leaping kick, rolling off of him and pulling out his knife, that she quickly used to cut herself free and then threw into the shoulder of another soldier, whom she was on in seconds, kneeing him in the groin, fisting him in the solar plexus, then grabbing his sword.

It wasn't a spear, but her grandfather had been thorough. The soldiers had regained themselves and were closing in on her. She deflected a thrust and cut the man across the chest, spun, and impaled another that had tried to attack her from behind. She dived under a cut, through the man's legs, and slashed him down his back.

Another came and...

"You have a glaive!" she said joyfully.

A glaive was merely a spear's cousin. A sword was at a disadvantage against its reach, but she'd be alright. She blocked a thrust and sped in, only for him to quickly sideswipe and push her back. He knew how to use that thing. He was, after all, the lieutenant.

"Archers!"

She spared a glance, looking around her to see that several archers had their bows trained on her. Crap on toast.

She growled and ran at a soldier. Several archers let fly and she stabbed the man and used him like a human shield. She pulled out his boot knife and threw it at the lieutenant, who rolled out of the way to dodge, but she was on him, stabbing him through his stomach and hiding behind him as the archers were ready to let fly.

"Thanks for the glaive, sugah," she said, "you might want to get that sword wound check out for ya die!"

She kicked him away from her and made for the gate, dodging left and right and using attacking soldiers as shields. She made it to the doors, just as a giant shadow loomed over her. She turned just to catch the backhand of a large man.

She hit the ground hard, rolled to her feet, but the other soldiers jumped her in an instant. She had taken out three of them before they managed to finally subdue her. She'd been caught.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 29th December 2011, 10:25 pm

[ATTN: Daiden, Irakvorr]

Simone woke up shortly after the dragon left with the other girl. She cursed inwardly, feeling the bonds around her wrists. She couldn't see a damn thing in her position, and so she waited, trying to understand what was happening by listening.

A long time passed, and Simone heard the sound of the dragon landing. She closed her eyes, feeling her heart sink. She had no doubt what was going to happen. They were bringing her with them, they'd take her soul and give it to some beast, and all her efforts to avoid this would be for naught. And once she was there, it was only a matter of time before they discovered she was a mage.

She couldn't let that happen. She closed her eyes as panic filled her chest. They couldn't make her go. Simone took a breath. She had to get out. She reached inside her, feeling for her magic, grabbing hold of the only offense she knew. Small flames burst from her hands, burning the ties off. In an instant she was up, diving at the dragon rider, and soon she had one arm around his neck. She swung her free arm up, producing a fire ball and holding it near his face.

"No one's taking me anywhere," she said hoarsely. "Unless you're looking to die, Rider."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th December 2011, 11:22 pm

[Attn: Lazarus, Kyra, nesting]

Isadeva just concentrated on her breathing. The people crowding around her made her nervous, and she squeezed Lazarus' hand, gestureing in a sweeping motion with the other. It was meant as a sign to make the others leave. She love Kyra like a sister, but the Rider had other things to do then worry about her.

She was relieved then when Marcus finally came back into the Nesting Grounds. A young mage followed him, and the poor thing looked tousled and nervous. He was new here she realized, and Marcus probably just snatched the nearest mage he could find.

[Attn: Nedria, Open]

"Can I help you?" A soft voice asked suddenly. Seeing how the girl had marveled at her surroundings, she had made the assupmtion the had been the first time she had entered the village.
She gave Nedria a kind smile. "I'm Kahlin."

[Attn: Nephenee]

Deirra was still fuming about what had happened with Lazarus. The man had just bolted off like his life depended on the stupid twat. They needed to keep him under control if he was going to be any use to them and it didn't seem like they were having good luck with that. She stopped suddenly hearing a commotion.
She came upon several guards roughly escorting a young woman through the Keep. She was a scrapper she could see--especially since some of the guards were all but licking their wounds.
"Whats going on?" She asked.

"Lady Deirra," one guard stepped up to stop her from coming in contact with their prisoner. "Becareful, this woman is more animal than anything. She could hurt you."

Deirra raised an eyebrow at him, swatting him away from her. "I'm sure she could boys, however why don't you let us have some girl time, hmm?"

"M'Lady. Sir Deidan--"

"Deidan? That holier than thou prick," she let out a chuckle at their shocked expressions. "You boys should learn that we don't all get along. Now run along and let us girls get to know each other."

They hesitated, and her expression hardened. "Need I remind you that as lowly guards, as a rider I am of higher rank you will obey me."

"I...as you wish M'lady." He jerked his heads towards the other guards, and they reluctantly let go of their prisoner.

[Attn: Simone, Irakvorr]

Deidan tensed when her arm wrapped around his throat. That didn't unnerve him as much as the fire ball did in the next moment though. Great, she was a mage...
"Relax," he spoke up, keeping his voice calm. He raised a hand towards Irakvorr to calm his dragon as well before he could do anything to get them both killed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 29th December 2011, 11:43 pm

[Attn: Deirra]

"Animal, huh?"

As soon as he released her, Neph ran up and kneed the guy in the nuts. "Put that in yer pipe and smoke it, asshole! What? I'm supposed to be meek as milkwater cuz ya kidnapped me and are tryin' ta hold me against muh will?"

The other guards scooped him up quickly and moved away. Neph rounded on the woman. "Lady, huh?" she said testily. "You'll forgive me if I don't bow and scrape or lick yer boots!"

She readied herself in a fighter's stance, expecting this woman to attack, as well.

Irakvorr lowered the pounce he had readied at Deidan's behest. Instead, he looked at his partner with amusement. "You really know how to pick women, don't you?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 29th December 2011, 11:58 pm

{Attn: Kahlin, Open}

"Nice to meet you. I am Nedria. I am new to this village, we live just outside." Nedria winks at Kahlin. "So where can we have some fun?"
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 29th December 2011, 11:58 pm

[ATTN: Deidan, Irakvorr]

Simone took a shaky breath. It was harder than she dared to let on to maintain her fire -at least, without losing complete control. She had barely given any time to practice with it, not since Arcen died...

The flame flickered as she thought of him. Keep it together. She was almost out of this. "You and your beast will leave this place immediately," she said. "You will not attempt to bring me with you. And you will not tell anyone of me after this. If I see anyone that I even suspect was sent by you, I will kill them and then find you. Are we clear?"

She watched the dragon warily. "And don't think you can stop me," she added to the dragon, wondering if he could understand her. "By the time you moved to save him he'd already be dead, so don't fucking try anything." She could tell she didn't have much energy left, curse her negligence in training. She only hoped they'd leave before she ran dry.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top