Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Gateway

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 6 Empty Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 16th December 2011, 3:18 am

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The City of Myreria; it was quiet this time of the morning. Isadeva made her way silently down the stair cases, and into the main hall of the riders court. Several of the staff nodded towards her as she passed, some even greeting her kindly as she quickly brushed past them all.

No one was surprised to see her up this early. It had become a ritual for her; get up, eat a little breakfast, and rush through the Keep to avoid any and all attention. Her first stop was the dragon's nesting area. Several of the dragons loved the attention that she showered on them, and of all the talk of them being horrid beasts that could kill you with the blink of an eye, there was nothing they loved more than a chin scratch.

She stopped outside the Nesting, sighing happily at the warmth that radiated from the sand that the dragons loved to sleep in. Taking a deep breath she started off through the area, smiling at the feel of the sand on her feet. She was supposed to meet Darius and Rhaegar here for a bit of out of the classroom class.

[Attn: Dragons]
Lyamir let out a roar of a yawn, shifting in her shallow basin she had created in the sand. She had at some point turned so she layed on her back, and her feet swayed in the air slightly. All in all so far the day had begun to be good. The gnawing of the emptiness inside her soul was still there, and over time it had started to get worse. Part of her was missing and she wanted it back. Well perhaps back was the wrong thing to say, either way she wanted it, and was unhappy that they had postponed the initiation of the new recruits.

She felt some of the others join in on her discomfort, and sighed. At least she was't alone in it, she supposed it could be worse.

[Attn: Open, Irakvorr]
While most riders were just now awake, or just now attending their duties, Daiden was awake and already half way into the wilds. He had risen early and while Irakvorr was not happy aboutt it, Rider and Dragon had left the city to hunt. The mountains were a dangerous place. Home to wild animals, as well as people. Daiden wasn't worried, however, it would have to be something very big, or very stupid to ever attack a dragon. The trees were thick here, and Daiden had finally told Irakvorr to land. They could continue on foot, as much as he knew the dragon wouldn't want too.

He patted the scaley hide of the creature affectionately, starting through the underbrush.
"Be careful, and stay close to me. I don't want to get lost. Even with our telepathy it would take us forever to find each other again," he thought towards his dragon, the mental link between them sending it loud and clear into his dragon's mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 6 Empty Re: Dragon Gateway

Post by xenolion 19th January 2012, 7:54 am

{Attn: Open}

Nedria opens the cooler box and looks around. It seems they are fully stocked. “Where is everyone else?” Nedria asks curiously.

Jasmine takes some plates out of the cabinet. “They are out training or being trained.”

Nedria scoffs. “And you got stuck with babysitting duty.” She takes out some items to make sandwiches. She turns her back to Jasmine and wonders what her parents are doing right now. Surely they have discovered her absence. She will get back there.

Nedria notices a ripple on the wall. Damn it’s an illusion spell. There are doors here after all. Jasmine must be using her magic to keep it up. It must be straining her a bit if there was a ripple. Nedria smiles and keeps making some sandwiches. “Here you go. I know I promised something special, but I didn’t have much time to prepare.”

Nedria hopes that having some food will get Jasmine tired, so she can get out of this house. She needs to get out away from here.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 19th January 2012, 4:01 pm

[Attn: Deirra, Isadeva]

"Damnation..." Nephenee growls. "What is it with you folks? Y'all are passin' me around like a hot potato!"

She sighs and heads over to where Deirra had directed her. She sees a girl of her height with brown hair.

"Hello, 'simpleton,'" she growls. "Apparently, you can tell me what needs doing? These 'Rider' asshole done abducted me here but can't seem to figure out what they want. I feel like a wrangled sheep..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 19th January 2012, 5:06 pm

[ATTN: Deidan, Open]

Simone smiled coldly as the Rider helped her up. "Such the gentleman," she said scornfully. The urge to kick his injured leg was almost too much for her to resist. She considered lying and letting him untie her hands, but she doubted he'd buy it anyway. "I dunno, Rider, what do you think?" she said in reply. Oh, what the hell. Simone gave in to the urge, kicking his wounded leg, hard. Maybe if she was enough of a pain in the ass, they'd realize how stupid trying to get her on their side was.

Besides, as long as she was angry, her panic was manageable.

Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19th January 2012, 6:21 pm

(ATTN: Open)

Nymeria woke up after a deep slumber. She felt so tired. But now everything was perfect, she had all her force and strength again, everything but a small detail. A little disturbance in her thoughts, a tiny default in her mind. Like if she knew that an important event was gonna happen soon, but she couldn’t describe it. She would very probably know what all this is about soon anyway. Moving all her limb that was still numb, she deployed her wings. ''Ok I don’t think I should ever sleep for that long again'' she then thought. Suddenly, she rose in the sky, enjoying the wind for the first time in days. After a couple of minutes flying, she went back to the ground, in search for something to eat
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 19th January 2012, 7:13 pm

{Attn: Open}

After lunch, Nedria goes back to the common area. She still cannot see the door so instead she looks to where a door would be. Jasmine then leaves the room. Nedria smiles and walks up to the outer facing wall and begins to feel around. She hopes that Jasmine is gone for at least a minute or two.

Her hands slide against the wall until she feels it, a doorway. She immediately feels for a handle. Upon finding it, she looks over her shoulder just in case Jasmine was around. Not seeing her she turns the handle and leaves.

Nedria looks around the city. She tries to find the fastest way to escape. She cannot see anything right away. She decides just to walk ahead...don't look anyone in the eye... just walk.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23rd January 2012, 5:07 pm

[ATTN: Drokui, Grey]

Darius raises his fist at the Dragon who his Grey with his tail and yells out ''Hey! be careful with that tail of yours you big ugly lump!'' frustrated with its high and mighty attitude, He had been the same as them at some point and Darius hated the fact that he would put himself ahead of them because of age.

So he growled, crossed his arms and went back to his crouching position on Grey, frowning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27th January 2012, 11:25 pm

[Attn: Nephenee]

Isadeva jumped when the woman approached her. The woman's attitude and her stance was a little intimidating, and she wasn't dressed like she was used too. She nodded slightly as she talked, and it finally occurred to her what she meant. She gasped, placing a hand over her mouth.
"Oh! So....we have fell to that method."

She looked at the woman sympathetically. "I apologize," Though she didn't think a simple apology would work. "My name is Isadeva and...I..."
She glanced out at the rest of the new kids. "I...guess you could start with the others? If you feel comfortable with being around them..."

[Attn: Simone, Irakavorr, Nedira]

Dedian let out a harsh breath when her foot connected with his leg. He almost collapsed against his dragon, catching himself. Several guards came up, and he growled, waving them away.
"I'm fine! Get her out of here." He hissed. He slammed his fist against Irakavorr's side, sucking in a breath as he attempted to get his pain manageable. She could stay bound for all he cared, damn it, Ira was right. At this moment it was impossible to be nice.

He pushed away from Irakavorr finally, limping off into the building. He needed to find a healer, and quick. His head already felt a little fuzzy from blood loss, but now that combined with the pain was making it worse. He didn't even see Nedria until he had practically ran her over.

[Attn: Simone]

Marcus was still furious at his brother as he stalked the halls. Isadeva had almost died, and it was his fault. He came around the corner and stopped. His mouth fell open when he caught sight of the guards manhandling a woman down the hall. She looked like she had already been through enough as it was with out them adding to it.
"What in the creators name is going on here?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 27th January 2012, 11:50 pm

[Attn: Isadeva]

Nephenee folded her arms and leaned back against a wall. "No thanks," she said simply. "I ain't about to be herded to make nice and play a cooperatin' victim. Ya mark my words, I'll be gettin' outta this here shithole."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 28th January 2012, 12:08 am

{Attn: Dedian, Open}

Nedria was trying to make her way through the town. She is a bit disoriented, as this was the largest city she has ever been too. She was not paying attention until another young man crashes in to her. He seems a bit unsteady on his feet. She rolls her eyes, great of all the people she gets plowed over by a drunken slob. She tries to catch the man as best as she can. “Whoa, easy there, isn’t it a bit early to be hitting the bottle? “

As she tries to steady him, she does not smell the tell tale signs of alcohol. “Sir, are you alright?” She is torn, does she help the man or continue on with her escape. She can just hand him off to a guard or something.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st February 2012, 5:54 pm

[ATTN: Marcus]

Simone felt only a twinge of regret as she saw the Rider's reaction to her kick. But all her regret disappeared as soon as several other guards showed up to take her. Sleep with one eye open, Rider, she thought, straightening up as the guards seized her and pulled her along with them.

She tried to stay calm, but she couldn't stop her hand from shaking. She curled her fingers into a fist, wrapping her other hand around it to try and stop it from shaking. This was a nightmare, it had to be, please let it just be a nightmare.

As she was being dragged down the hallway, another man suddenly appeared, yelling at her guards to explain what was going on. Simone cut them off before they could respond. "You know, assault, kidnapping, the works," she said spitefully, valiantly attempting to maintain an image of lofty composure. But her voice nearly died out at the end, and her stupid had wouldn't stop it's shaking. Simone tightened her grip on it in irritation.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd February 2012, 1:25 am

[Attn: Nesting, Nephenee, Rhaegar]

Before Isadeva could answer the woman a loud growl echoed throughout the Nesting area. Lyamir had raised her head to eye Nephenee, not completely happy with the tone the squishy person was using towards Isadeva. She felt an unnatural pull towards the young woman as well, and that worried her.

With her own firey temper mixed with that womans...by the creators she hoped they weren't meant to be.

Drokui snorted at Darius, going to lay down closer to Isadeva. He eyed the new woman, along with Deirra, but remainded silent. Finally he glanced up at the human on his back.
"You have a name, fragile one?"

[Attn: Nedira]

Dedian let out a groan, resting his head against her. He wasn't even sure who the hell he had run into, but at the moment he didn't care. His legs went out from under him suddenly, and he all but slumped against the more mage.
"Leg," he managed to say; his words slurred from blood loss.

Marcus clenched his fists. "Who the hell authorized this?"
Kidnapping? He knew they were able to do so, but it hadn't actually been used before. The guards sputtered at him.
"Deidan s-sir."
Deidan...of course it was Deidan. The stupid fool and his sister were way too wrapped up in this crisis.
"I'll take it from here," he hissed. He glared at the guards who tired to argue with him. "If you want to argue about it, go find Deidan and tell him to come to me. We can argue about it, but I won't argue with you pawns."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 3rd February 2012, 6:39 am

{Attn: Dedian}

The man groans before resting his head on her. Nedria looks around in a panic. No, this cannot be happening! All she want is to go home. She would rather take her parents punishment then live a life of servitude as a dragon rider. What does she do leave him to the guards? He almost collapses on her. She made out the word leg.

Nedria looks down and sees the man's leg was horribly injured. Damn, this is not good. Her healing spells are sub par. What does she do? Does she take him back to the dorm where Jasmine can heal him. Does she expose that she is a mage and risk being caught again.

Nedria grits her teeth, the man is getting heavier and heavier. She maneuvers him so the injured leg is closest to her. "I will get you the help you need. There must be a healer around here somewhere right. She places her arm around his waist and his around her shoulder.

Nedria does a light healing spell to keep him from losing any more blood on the way back. In his state, he will not notice it...right? She gets back to the dorm and sets the man down. She knock on the door, waiting for someone to answer. She really just wanted to dump him and run, but her manners prevailing.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd February 2012, 11:37 am

[Attn: Lyamir, Isadeva, Open]

A growl brought her attention back into the nesting grounds. A dragon was eyeing here.

"What do you want, ya overgrown salamander!" she snapped. "I'm in no mood to be petsittin' and before I'm through with ya ya'll be a damn ostrich with your head in that there sand!"

Nothing sounded so good to her right now than a good fight--aside from putting a knife in that bastard Deidan's ribs. And if nothing else, one of these overgrown lizards would at least be good for that. However, she noticed a strange pull to the dragon that was eying her. She didn't like it, and it only made her angrier. She eyed the dragon, waiting for its move.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 3rd February 2012, 12:43 pm

[ATTN: Drokui]

"Rhaegar," Rhaegar replied. "And who are you calling 'fragile'? Now when do we get to fly?"

He was growing more and more impatient, he didn't just want to sit there on the dragon and do nothing. He was supposed to be learning things; how to be a dragon rider! This was just boring.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd February 2012, 10:55 pm

Simone felt the guards release her, and she let herself relax, but only slightly. She eyed the new man with some suspicion - the authority with which he carried himself and the way he spoke to the guards almost guaranteed that he was a Rider. She kept her distance. The man seemed reasonable enough, but as she recalled, the one who took her had been the perfect gentleman until he turned on her and the other girl.

That's right. The country girl - she should be here somewhere, assuming she hadn't busted her way out. Simone shifted her hands as well as she could. "So, what now?" she asked dryly. "Are you gonna be a nice man and let me go on my merry way?" Frankly, she doubted it, and her hands shook as she reached for her magic, feeling the barest remains of it left to her. She could start a fire here, but she would never be able to control it.

Frankly, she didn't think she would want to.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th February 2012, 1:36 pm

A woman opened the door finally. She looked at Nedira, and narrowed her eyes, but her attetntion was quickly changed to Dedian when the man groaned.
"You, bring him in here." She jerked her head towards a table.

When Nedira had helped put the rider on the table, the woman pressed her fingers against his neck.
"Do you know any healing spells, girl?"

[Attn: Rheagar]

"Patience. I call you fragile, because you are. It would take nothing for me to crush you if I so desired. Lucky for you, I do not. We will fly when your instructors deem fit. "
He snaked his head around to look at the human on his back, flicking his tongue out at him.

[Attn: Nesting]

"Lymair!" Isadeva called out, quelling the growls rumbling from the dragons throat. "Calm yourself, and go rub in the sand some more. Obviously you need it."

What was with the dragons this morning? It seemed everyone was angry or agitated. She let out a sigh, turning to Nephenee as Lymair settled back down into the sand.
"Where are you from?"

Marcus took hold of her arm, dragging her to him as he started down the hall. He didn't say anything until the guards were well out of earshot.
"Listen to me. If you run now, you'll just get caught," his voice was low enough only she could hear.
"We have dragons, even riderless ones, poised everywhere. They'd spot you, and bring you back. You can stop trying to use your magic as well," he glanced at her, a small spark igniting in his free hand.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 9th February 2012, 1:44 pm

[Attn: Isadeva, Open]

When the dragon settled down, Nephenee sighed with frustration. She had wanted a scrap. She wanted to tear down the walls of this place.

Her eyes cut on Isadeva at her question. "Dragon Teeth mountains in the north," she said testily.

She knew the girl wasn't the reason she was here, but she still couldn't find it in her to be sociable.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th February 2012, 2:23 pm

{Attn: woman}

Nedria looks at the woman while struggling with the man. She looks at the woman sharply when asked about healing spells. “What do you mean…I am not a mage. I was just minding my own business when he almost collapsed on me. I knew he was a dragon rider by his outfit, and brought him here.” She turns away from the table. “Now that he is safe I will bid you goodbye.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th February 2012, 2:27 pm

"Don't play the fool, girl. I know who you are. Kyra has alerted us all, as did Jasmin when you went missing. I need help, if not he will die."
She leveled a look at her, narrowing her eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th February 2012, 2:48 pm

{Attn: Woman}

Oh shit. Was the first thing the pops into her head. She turns around and looks at the woman. "I don't know how much more healing I can do. I used some on the way here. You better get some assistance." What a turn of fate. She is not a dragon rider yet, and if they think they can make her one easily...well they have another thing coming. They have yet to deal with a Verta.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th February 2012, 2:55 pm

She let out a dramatic sigh. "Don't you die on me, rider."
Walking over to the cabinet, she pulled out some bits of cloth. Grabbing a pair of scissors, she cut open his pants leg, and handed the cloth to Nedira. She didn't say anything, getting a bowl of water.
"Clean the wound."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th February 2012, 3:20 pm

{Attn: Woman, open}

Nedria cleans Dedian’s wounds and does a little more healing magic. Working with the woman they stabilize him at least until a real healer can take a look at him. “I don’t suppose you are going to let me out of your sight.” Nedria grumbles tired from the healing. It is not magic she is skilled in so even the little bit that she did wore her out.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 9th February 2012, 10:15 pm

"Damn it all," Simone cursed, "I've hid my magic for years and now suddenly everyone and his grandmother knows about me?" she asked.

She pulled away from Marcus at his words. "If I can't get the hell out of here, then what are my options, Rider?" she asked in an aggressive undertone. "Stay here and let you give my soul to some beast? By then it's too late. My only chance out of here is now, and if you're thinking you'll try and stop me, this building will be burning down over your head in a minute."
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd February 2012, 6:43 pm

[Attn: Nesting Grounds]

Kyra took the group through some basic maneuvers, and while she didn't let them fly too far, she allowed a little just to see how much they would have to work on it later. She signaled for the dragons to land finally, and ordered the new recruits to bed.

Isadeva let out a soft sigh, glancing at Nephenee. She was going to be a difficult one to handle. She just hopped that once she was bonded the dragon would mellow her out some. The hostility around the woman was enough to choke her.

[Attn: Nephenee]

Before Isadeva could say anything to her, Deirra walked up, smirking at Isadeva. She held her hand out to Nephenee.
"Come on doll, we don't what this simpleton, as you called her trying to chain you down. I'll show you to your room."

Marcus sighed turning towards her. "Look I understand, but right now...we need help. I...I can probably get them to hold off on your initiation. That way you won't give your soul too," he had to pause, fighting over the words. He didn't think his dragon was a beast. His dragon was a part of him. He WAS his dragon, and anyone that thought that...
"To the beasts. Its just...people have been going missing...good people. And some them have been brought back, tortured and broken..."
His expression was pleading as he looked at her.

The woman smiled at her. "So you are a smart one. No, girl. I will not let you out of my sight."
She gestured at her appearance, tsking. "Come, we will get you cleaned up, fed, and off to bed. Don't think about trying to leave then. We will have a dragon stationed to guard you. A red one. Nasty tempers they have..."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 22nd February 2012, 6:51 pm

[Attn: Deirra]

Nephenee sighed angrily. She wanted to bite something. "Yeah, yeah..." she growled pushing off the wall and walking past Deirra. "Lead me like I'm a g*ddamned horse..."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top