Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Gateway

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 7 Empty Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 16th December 2011, 3:18 am

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The City of Myreria; it was quiet this time of the morning. Isadeva made her way silently down the stair cases, and into the main hall of the riders court. Several of the staff nodded towards her as she passed, some even greeting her kindly as she quickly brushed past them all.

No one was surprised to see her up this early. It had become a ritual for her; get up, eat a little breakfast, and rush through the Keep to avoid any and all attention. Her first stop was the dragon's nesting area. Several of the dragons loved the attention that she showered on them, and of all the talk of them being horrid beasts that could kill you with the blink of an eye, there was nothing they loved more than a chin scratch.

She stopped outside the Nesting, sighing happily at the warmth that radiated from the sand that the dragons loved to sleep in. Taking a deep breath she started off through the area, smiling at the feel of the sand on her feet. She was supposed to meet Darius and Rhaegar here for a bit of out of the classroom class.

[Attn: Dragons]
Lyamir let out a roar of a yawn, shifting in her shallow basin she had created in the sand. She had at some point turned so she layed on her back, and her feet swayed in the air slightly. All in all so far the day had begun to be good. The gnawing of the emptiness inside her soul was still there, and over time it had started to get worse. Part of her was missing and she wanted it back. Well perhaps back was the wrong thing to say, either way she wanted it, and was unhappy that they had postponed the initiation of the new recruits.

She felt some of the others join in on her discomfort, and sighed. At least she was't alone in it, she supposed it could be worse.

[Attn: Open, Irakvorr]
While most riders were just now awake, or just now attending their duties, Daiden was awake and already half way into the wilds. He had risen early and while Irakvorr was not happy aboutt it, Rider and Dragon had left the city to hunt. The mountains were a dangerous place. Home to wild animals, as well as people. Daiden wasn't worried, however, it would have to be something very big, or very stupid to ever attack a dragon. The trees were thick here, and Daiden had finally told Irakvorr to land. They could continue on foot, as much as he knew the dragon wouldn't want too.

He patted the scaley hide of the creature affectionately, starting through the underbrush.
"Be careful, and stay close to me. I don't want to get lost. Even with our telepathy it would take us forever to find each other again," he thought towards his dragon, the mental link between them sending it loud and clear into his dragon's mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 7 Empty Re: Dragon Gateway

Post by Red 22nd February 2012, 7:51 pm

[ATTN: Marcus]

"Hold off? That's it?" she snapped immediately, but she stopped herself after that. If he could follow through... that would give her time to replenish her magic. She'd have more power and more control. Higher chances. Not to mention they wouldn't be expecting it, hopefully.

Simone was still loathe to trust him, though. His last words struck a chord with her, somehow, and she struggled to keep from caring. They weren't her problem, whatever was happening was something for the riders to sort out. At least, that's what she told herself, but...

Damn it. "I'll work with you," she said, "on the condition that my soul stays my own. For as long as it can be arranged. Happy?"

Soon as conditions were better, she was breaking out. But he didn't need to know that.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 22nd February 2012, 10:44 pm

{Attn: Woman}

Nedria shakes her head, too tired to stop the woman from pulling her away. “How can I convince you that I am the wrong girl? I am just a small time farm girl who is a weak mage at best. I am not one you want for a mighty dragon rider.” Nedria yawns fighting sleep.
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th February 2012, 6:11 pm

[Attn: Nedira, Simone, Nephenee, Rhaegar, Darius]

The woman finally stopped inside a dome like structure. Several kids--rangeing from very young to young adult--were running around. Some were practicing. Others were just sitting around studying, or playing games together.

She let out a shrill whistle, which got everyone's attention.
"I want the lights out in twenty minutes. Its high time all of you were in bed."

There were a lot of groaning and protesting, but in the end the kids began to bustle along getting ready for bed. She started towards one of the rooms, gesturing. "Come along girl. You'll be rooming with some other girls that were brought in today. "

She paused, peeking into the room where Rhaegar and Darius were rooming together. She cleared her throat pointedly.
"Boys, I think I made it clear you were to be getting ready for bed." She arched an eyebrow at their protest, but didn't move until she was certain they were doing as they were told.

Moving on further down the hall, she opened the door. She bowed her head at the two riders that were still in the room with their wards.

"Master Marcus, Lady Deirra," her eyes wandered over to the other two women. Derria's ward was as mouthy as ever, and she could feel a tick starting in her jaw.

"Young lady, if you please. Such foul language is not right for the young children, who need I remind you are right out side this door. I understand your frustration, but at least wait until the children are not in your vicinity."

She turned towards Simone, frowning slightly. The poor thing was scared even as she attempted to be brave, and that was a quality they highly needed at the moment. "Did Marcus get you some bed clothes, deary? If not I can fetch you some. If you would all please this young thing needs to stay in here with you. Try to be welcoming to her?"

She bowed her head once more to the riders, and exited the room. She needed to check the other rooms as well.

Marcus nodded his head respectfully towards Nedira, taking his leave. "If you have need of me, have a guard fetch me."
His words were mainly meant towards Simone, but the others couldn't be excluded from the offer.

Deirra snorted softly. "Ooo. Look at Mr. High and Mighty to the rescue. Well, ta ta for now lovelies. I'll be around first thing in the morning." She ignored Marcus' glare, bumping her hip against his as she passed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 29th February 2012, 6:27 pm

[Attn: Woman]

Nephenee had the sense to look embarrassed at using language in front of kids. However, as soon as she was sure none of them were within eyeshot, she shot the woman a rude gesture with her hand.

"If y'all actually understood anythin'," she growled, "then I'd be on my way home, not yer prisoner. And don't think the kids and the clothes and the fancy rooms will convince me otherwise. You can dress a gator in sheep's wool, but it's still a gator."

She went over to the nearest wall and leaned against it. "And not even my grandpa tells me when I go to bed, so stuff it," she snapped. "Do this, do that...next person to tell me ta do anythin' gets a fat lip," she grumbled.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 29th February 2012, 7:01 pm

{Attn: Nephenee, Simone, All}

Nedria is pulled by the woman as she walked through the facility. She sees a room of people, kids even. What the hell are kids doing here? Aren't they a little young to be dragon riders? The woman gestures Nedria to come with her, pausing outside of a room. She gets increasingly nervous about her potential roommates.

The woman finally opened a door and walks in. Nedria follows closely, taking a moment to look at the others in the room. One is a tall girl with green eyes and light brown hair. Nedria covers her mouth to hide a smile upon hearing the colorful language coming from her. The other is a little shorter than the first with black hair and brown eyes.

The other two are obviously riders already. The male one nods respectfully at her as he leaves. The female one follows behind. She waits until they leave the room. She goes to the door and opens it slightly to watch them leave. “Snarky little bitch.” She grumbles quietly as she watches them leave. She wonders how heavily the place is going to be guarded. She closes the door, leans against the wall and sighs. She holds out her hand in front of her and produces a little fireball in her hand. She knows she will have to wait for her powers to regenerate to their full capacity…Damn healing.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 29th February 2012, 9:45 pm

[ATTN: Neph, Nedira]

It was after that that Simone was taken to what must have been some sort of dorm room, accompanied by the Rider all the while. There was another Rider in the room, as well as the country girl she had seen taken earlier. Still, she remained silent, up until a strange woman brought in what must have been another recruit, a short woman with auburn hair.

She only glanced over at the woman. "I'm fine, thank you," she said. First she accepted their 'hospitality,' next thing she knew she'd be accepting their ideology. Not going to happen.

Simone watched, shocked, as the woman and the other two Riders suddenly left them all alone in the room. Really? She knew, at least, that the country girl and her wanted out, why leave them alone? Then again, with her magic depleted and the girl unarmed, what could they do?

Simone pushed off of the wall, surprised, as she saw the newcomer make a fireball in her hand. "You're a mage as well?" she said softly. Maybe there was hope after all, if she still had her magic with her.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 29th February 2012, 9:56 pm

{Attn: Nephenee, Simone}

Nedria dispels the fire immediately when the other girl speaks. "Yeah, and if it hadn't been for that asshole rider I would have been out of here. They forced me to heal him. I am not a healer, so it drained my other magic. For now they have me under their thumb. I shouldn't of stopped to help in the first place, but he fell on me."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th February 2012, 10:14 pm

{Attn: Daidan}

After Kyra got out of the shower, she decided she would go see her brother. Dressed in her usual uniform, she headed down the halls to his room. It had been awhile since they had talked and they really were close they just didn't see each other much. She prefered her privacy, but needed him every few days to center her. The class today had been rough, but the first few with new recruits were always like that. They mostly spent time on getting used to riding a dragon and little on in air fighting. Sighing through her frustration at the slow progress of the new riders, she knocked on her brother's door. After a few moments there was still no answer. That was strange for him at this time of night. Shrugging, she headed toward his office area, where she figured he might be working late. Seeing a mage coming toward her, she stopped her and asked her if she had seen Daidan. "He's in the infirmary, Kyra, but-" Kyra cut off the mage in mid sentence as she raced away toward the hospital wing. Bursting through the doors she demanded to know where Daidan was. Another mage pointed to a closed off room and she rushed to it. Her first thought and worst fear was that his soul had been stolen like their father's. "Daidan?"

{Attn: open}

Gray watched Darius leave, still exhiliarated by their ride and the class. They had been the only pair that hadn't struggled and he could tell that Kyra was surprised at him. She was never surprised or pleased, so it thrilled him that he and Darius could make her happy. He bowed his head to Darius as he waved and left the nesting area and then headed over to get food. He was starving and exhausted. He couldn't wait to crash after he had filled his belly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd March 2012, 9:22 pm

[Attn: Everyone]

The city fell into silence as the night progressed. The only sound that filled the air was the sound of wings as the guards changed shifts. The moon shone brightly on the stone walls. A few guards patrolled the halls of the recruit dorms, no doubt having been alerted to the few who did not want to be here.

As quiet and still as the city was, no one was aware of the growing force in the north. Derria smirked as the anguished cries of the few riders they had abducted echoed through the keep. Her dragon padded softly next to her, and her tail twitched in distress. At a gesture from her rider, the dragon took off into the night.

The mage entered the front hall, kneeling down in front of the throne. The man--for his build suggested he was a man--raised his hand in a release. His face was shrouded in shadow, and even the faint light given off from the torches was not enough to reveal his features.

"The men are on alert, later tonight the bait will be placed. They will be forced to move up the initiation. "

"Good," the man replied. "Keep an eye on Lazarus, my sweet. I do believe he is beginning to stray."

"As you wish, my lord," she purred, moving up to slid herself between his thighs. She leaned over, her lips connecting to the man's. "I'll leave immediately then?"

"Yes, you'd best," he was audibly smirking. "If you were to stay I believe that our plans would be delayed."

The mage chuckled, bending to place a sweet kiss against the tattoo against his collar bone. She winked at him, starting back the way she had come. Oh yes, she'd keep a close eye on Lazarus, among other things...

((Skipping to the next day, about mid morning.))

[Attn: Simone, Nephenee, Nedria]

Marcus slipped through the corridors he knew were empty at this time, his pace quickened. He stopped at the corner of the hall, peaking around the edge. Once he was sure that no one was around, he slipped around it. Entering the Recruit Dormitory, he cursed as the alarms began to go off through the City. Of course, they couldn't have waited a little longer?

He unlocked the door leading to the room Simone and the others were in, slipping in. All the women were up and looking very alarmed. He held his hands up.
"Calm yourselves, it is nothing to worry about."

He cut his gaze to Simone, using his powers to mask his words so that only her ears could hear.
"You need to come with me. They are upping the Initiation, I need to get you out before they come for you."

[Attn: Lazarus]

Thalas landed on the balcony of Lazarus' room, let out a soft roar to awaken his partner. The ice dragon was fidgeting in place, glancing towards the Nesting Grounds. His head jerked up as the alarms went off. They were advancing the Initiation time. The other dragons were already feeling the effects of the Initiation magic, and were at each other's throats.

He padded into his rider's room as far as he could go.
We have been assigned Isadeva's protector this ritual time. You'd best get ready soon.

The finding of another destroyed pair had sent the city into a frenzy. Many more were still missing, and they were running low on riders.

[Attn: Kyra]

Deidan came awake with a start as the alarm blared through the hospital wing. He groaned, sitting up. He caught sight of his sister--whom apparently had stayed in his clinic room all night--and frowned.
"What is going on, Kyra?"

He felt the dull ache of his leg, and looked down to see it mostly healed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 3rd March 2012, 10:05 pm

{Attn: Nephenee, Simone, Open}

Once Nedria finally fell asleep she slept hard and did not wake until late in the morning. Although it was hard to determine what time it was. She was pacing the room unable to unlock it. She did not get a chance to think before bells started to go off. She jumps, not used to city life. “What the hell is that?”

Then the guy she saw from before came in. She can see him talking, but cannot hear him. “What is going on? Please tell me?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd March 2012, 10:11 pm

[Attn: Open]

Nephenee had slept in a ball in a corner. It hadn't been the first time; there'd been a few cold nights in the mountains when she hadn't been able to make it home. She woke up, her memories awaiting her. She gritted her teeth, feeling naked without her spear and knives.

"I'll kill that bastard..." she said with a clenched fist.

An alarm sounded and she went on alert, but immediately calmed and leaned against a wall. Whatever it was, it concerned these bastards and she didn't care what happened to them one whit. Then a guy barged in and started mouthing to the girl who'd been there when she'd been captured.

"Shucks," she said, "can you take your love declarations elsewhere if you don't want us to hear'em?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd March 2012, 11:11 pm

[ATTN: Marcus, Open]

Simone had hardly slept at all. The other women had managed to sleep well enough, it seemed, but the few times that she did doze off, she found herself awoken by nightmares. She wasn't that tired, anyway, she reasoned, so she had been awake for a while when the alarms went off that morning.

Shit. What the hell was that supposed to mean? She stood up as the Rider who had helped her barged in, trying to console the others.

Simone clenched her hands into fists when Marcus spoke to her. She looked around at the other two, expecting some violent reaction, but all he could see on their faces was confusion. She looked back at Marcus, understanding then. He only wanted her to hear. He was only helping her.

Simone walked closer to Marcus. Or was he helping her? How could she really trust him? And why only her? If she could get out now, she would, even if it meant leaving the other two behind, but... she felt like she owed it to the country girl. She had failed to save her.

"The others?" she muttered, when she got closer to Marcus. "You're just leaving them?"
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 4th March 2012, 9:19 am

[ATTN: Thalas]

Lazarus says nothing, looking over at Thalas with an expression on his face that will probably come across as all too familiar. He stands, slowly at first, and moves over to his companion until he is very close and meets the eyes, the massive, beautiful eyes, of the creature that knows him best.

"What do you think is going through my mind right now?" He asks in a tense voice.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th March 2012, 12:20 am

[Attn: Girls]

Marcus cut a glance at Nephenee, and he let out a heavy sigh. That girl was going to be a handful.
He smiled apologetically at Simone.
"I have no choice, getting you out without alerting anyone will be easy. Getting all three of them, especially they have been placed under supervision by the council, will not be, and could end up with us all getting caught and punished. You have a choice to make. Either come with me, alone, or stay with them."

He could see the indecision playing in her eyes, but he hoped she'd take his offer. He understood her pain, and if he could save her from it then he would. Not that he didn't want his dragon, in fact he had fought for his dragon, but he still understood not wanting to go through it.

[Attn: Lazarus]

The ice dragon touched his nose to his rider, snorting softly.
'I know you're deepest and darkest thoughts, dark one. What started once as a game as turned into something deeper. I will not use those thoughts against you, but you'd best keep them locked inside.'

He let out another breath against his rider. He could tell that Lazarus was still angry over what had happened in the nesting grounds the day before. It had not been his intention to harm the girl. Especially since he knew of his rider's feelings. He also knew that Lazarus would not stay mad at him forever, and didn't worry too much about it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 5th March 2012, 10:41 pm

[ATTN: Marcus, Open]

Simone closed her eyes, taking a breath. She felt for her magic - still almost depleted, though there was a spark of it left. If she tried to break the other girls out with her, it'd never work. They'd all be doomed.

Fear ran through her like a knife. She couldn't lose her soul.

Again, she wondered why she was trusting this Rider. For all she knew, he'd just lead her to the same place the other two girls were going. But then again, he was her only hope.

"Fine," she muttered. She felt like shit, leaving the others behind, but she had no choice. "Don't make me regret this, please," she added, the pain in her voice evident.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 6th March 2012, 5:47 pm

[ATTN: Open]

Rhaegar practically launched out of bed when the alarms started to go off.

"What the bloody hell is that racket?!" he exclaimed. "Have these people no sense?!"

He stormed across the room and grabbed some clothes; as soon as he got dressed he planned on searching someone out and giving them earful about this.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th March 2012, 5:55 pm

{Attn: Nephenee, Simone, Open}

Nedria watches the two talk. They must planning something. Nedria glares at them not liking it. Her sleep replenished her powers, but she does not want to waste them yet. She will wait until she is outside.

She approaches the other girl. She bends down whispering to her. “Sounds like you are here against your will like me. So what are we going to do about it? I am a mage, elemental by trade, so will you help or hinder?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th March 2012, 6:32 pm

[Attn: Rhaegar.]

The boy was met at the door by a guard. He nodded his head respectfully.
"My lord you are to come with me immediately. As are you," he glanced towards Darius.

"Due to certain events in the night we are being forced to move a head of schedule. The riders will explain once we get there."

[Attn: Nedria, Nephenee, Simone.]

Marcus nodded his head. He gently took hold of her arm, bringing her against him as he started towards the door.
"Don't worry, girls," he spoke to the other two calmly. He caught the mage's words, and the corner of his mouth quirked up into a smile. There was a knock on the door suddenly, and several guards stepped in.
"Lord Marcus!"

He felt Simone tense against him, and he tightened his hold on her reassuringly. "Don't worry about this one, I've got her. Be careful with the others." He nodded his head towards Nephenee. "She was the one that put Deidan in the hospital."

He saw the guards pale, and started around them, keeping Simone close to his side.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th March 2012, 6:39 pm

[Attn: Nedria]

"Hinder?"

The sheer bluntness shocked her out of her anger for a moment. "Why, hell, you point me in the right direction and I'd help you take this place down brick by brick!" she snapped.

It was then that guards came in. Neph kicked off the wall and took a fighting stance.

"Come and get yer beatin' for breakfast, boys!" she snapped.

She looked to see one of them carrying a spear. She knew who her meat was...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 6th March 2012, 6:45 pm

[ATTN: Guard]

As Rhaegar was just about to leave, he almost walked into a guard who had opened the door.

"Damn right they'll explain. This is ridiculous!" he growled.

He walked out past the guard, then waited in the hall for him to take him to the riders.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th March 2012, 6:56 pm

{Attn: Nephenee, Open}

Damnit, she is stuck with and impetuous idiot. “Listen we should wait until we get outside at least. I have most of my powers back, but not all.” What an idiot. Maybe Nedria should let her distract the guards. She owes the girl nothing, if she wants to be brash that is her prerogative.

Nedria steps away from Nephenee. “Please get me away from her. I will come quietly I promise.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th March 2012, 7:03 pm

[Attn: Nedria, Open]

"Like hell I'll be easy meat!"

She rushed the guards, aiming for the guy with the spear. He was nervous and overreacted--much to Neph's delight. She easily danced out of the way of the spear and cuffed him in the throat, then kneed him in the groin, relieving him of his spear.

She caught it in mid-air and tested the balance. "Time for a mountain ass-whoopin', y'all!"

She was a whirling menace with that spear and in the blink of an eye had taken out the rest of the rabble. She looked back at Nedria with a raised eyebrow.

"Well? Get yer head outta yer ass and get a move on!" she snapped, before turning and heading out the door.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th March 2012, 7:37 pm

{Attn: Nephenee, Open}

Nedria would be the first to admit she underestimated the young woman. “I hope you know how to skate.” She puts a thin layer of ice on the ground it is enough for them to slide. She gets a running start and grabs on to Nephenee, using the ice to slide on. “Now let’s get the hell out of here before they steal our souls.”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th March 2012, 7:41 pm

[Attn: Nedria]

"What in the Sam hill are you--woah!"

The next thing she knew, she was sliding on ice. Neph took to it like she did sliding on her shield.

"Yeeeee-HAW! Why, this is as much fun as sled-slidin' in the mountains!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th March 2012, 7:56 pm

[ATTN: Marcus]

"You know, the country girl isn't gonna go easy," she muttered, keeping up a convincing glare at him for anyone who might pass by. She felt for her magic again, feeling the reassurance that, if all else failed, she could still burn the building down around them. "So, what's you're master plan? Where are we headed?" she asked softly.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top