Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Gateway

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 9 Empty Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 16th December 2011, 3:18 am

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The City of Myreria; it was quiet this time of the morning. Isadeva made her way silently down the stair cases, and into the main hall of the riders court. Several of the staff nodded towards her as she passed, some even greeting her kindly as she quickly brushed past them all.

No one was surprised to see her up this early. It had become a ritual for her; get up, eat a little breakfast, and rush through the Keep to avoid any and all attention. Her first stop was the dragon's nesting area. Several of the dragons loved the attention that she showered on them, and of all the talk of them being horrid beasts that could kill you with the blink of an eye, there was nothing they loved more than a chin scratch.

She stopped outside the Nesting, sighing happily at the warmth that radiated from the sand that the dragons loved to sleep in. Taking a deep breath she started off through the area, smiling at the feel of the sand on her feet. She was supposed to meet Darius and Rhaegar here for a bit of out of the classroom class.

[Attn: Dragons]
Lyamir let out a roar of a yawn, shifting in her shallow basin she had created in the sand. She had at some point turned so she layed on her back, and her feet swayed in the air slightly. All in all so far the day had begun to be good. The gnawing of the emptiness inside her soul was still there, and over time it had started to get worse. Part of her was missing and she wanted it back. Well perhaps back was the wrong thing to say, either way she wanted it, and was unhappy that they had postponed the initiation of the new recruits.

She felt some of the others join in on her discomfort, and sighed. At least she was't alone in it, she supposed it could be worse.

[Attn: Open, Irakvorr]
While most riders were just now awake, or just now attending their duties, Daiden was awake and already half way into the wilds. He had risen early and while Irakvorr was not happy aboutt it, Rider and Dragon had left the city to hunt. The mountains were a dangerous place. Home to wild animals, as well as people. Daiden wasn't worried, however, it would have to be something very big, or very stupid to ever attack a dragon. The trees were thick here, and Daiden had finally told Irakvorr to land. They could continue on foot, as much as he knew the dragon wouldn't want too.

He patted the scaley hide of the creature affectionately, starting through the underbrush.
"Be careful, and stay close to me. I don't want to get lost. Even with our telepathy it would take us forever to find each other again," he thought towards his dragon, the mental link between them sending it loud and clear into his dragon's mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 9 Empty Re: Dragon Gateway

Post by xenolion 7th March 2012, 8:16 pm

{Attn: Joelle, Nephenee, Syat}

Nedria does not say anything. If they think she is going to just roll over and allow them to ruin her life, they are wrong. She will fight this to the very end. "So you call short brief visits not tearing me away? I won't EVER accept this life you hear me? You may get my soul, if you can even find a dragon who will accept me. Good luck with that one."
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th March 2012, 9:17 pm

[Attn: Lazarus]

Thalas curled his neck around Lazarus in a makeshift embrace. A moment later he turned, allowing his rider to climb onto his back. He opened his wings, inhaling deeply before plunging off the side. He soared up, making haste towards the Colosseum.

It didn't take long for the dragon to reach his destination, and landed. He crouched for his rider to dismount, shaking himself once Lazarus was clear of him. He found Isadeva talking to one of the young recruits, and nudged Lazarus gently at his riders sudden jealousy over the affection in the woman's expression.
'Calm yourself,' his tone was soft, but firm. 'Do not fall out of character like you did yesterday. It is in her best interest if no one knows your affections towards her.'

His rider had been beside himself with worry, and guilt. It was Lazarus' anger that had caused him to lash out at the other dragons, and hurt Isadeva in the process. Both rider and dragon felt bad, but there was nothing to be done with it now.

[Attn: Rhaegar, Lazarus]

"It will be soon," she looked up as several riders began to assemble in the hall--some carrying other mages to help with the ritual. She caught sight of Lazarus, and just stared at him for a moment. Clearing her throat she turned back to Rhaegar, smiling. "It is not for me to say, the elders will announce it to you all as a group."

[Attn: Simone.]

"Somewhere safe of course," there was an audible grin in her voice. Her dragon was flying for what seemed like hours, when they stopped suddenly, hovering in mid air. Deirra began chanting something, her voice steadily growing louder. The air in front of them began to shimmer, and swirl. Suddenly the very seam of reality started to tear, and serpearte. The dragon began forward again, and turning side ways she glided through the tear just as it snapped closed again.

The area they now where in looked like a barren Hellish land. The land was blackened, and the foilage was all dead. The dragon glided over the place, snorting softly. She headed towards the looming castle to the east.

[Attn: Nephenee, Nedria, Joelle]

Syat sighed softly. Glancing up at her rider, she spoke only to her.
'Words will not change their minds, once the bond is complete they will understand.'

The ice dragon started towards the Colosseum, issuing a roar from her maw to announce her arrival.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th March 2012, 10:01 pm

{Attn: Nedria, Nephenee, and Syat}

Joelle sighed with her dragon, "You are right of course, love, but I needed to try." She pulls Nephenee into the arena, brushing off offers of help. This girl had proven she was not to be trusted and to keep her frozen Joelle had to stay in close proximity, usually touching worked best. When she gets her in place, she motions to two of her strongest guards, also with mage powers, she stations them with the Nephenee. She barely gives the girl a glance as she gives the guards instructions not to move away from her until the doors were locked and she could no longer escape. They were to use any means necessary to keep Nephenee in the arena. Isadeva had bustled over to Nedria to get her prepared, so Joelle moved to the raised platform, motioning to the crowd to quiet down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 7th March 2012, 10:09 pm

[ATTN: Deirra]

Simone was getting more and more uncomfortable, especially at the smugness in the woman's voice, but what could she do? Deirra was behind her, and while she could start a fire, she wasn't sure she'd be able to escape it's effects. She knew she could create barriers and magic walls, that was her specialty, but she doubted she'd be able to hold one for any real length of time.

So she was forced to sit in front of Deirra for what felt like hours, feeling more and more exposed as time passed. She wrapped her cloak around her, the altitude making the day feel much cooler, and jumped as the dragon suddenly stopped, leaving them hovering in midair. She gripped her cloak tighter as Deirra began to chant, and what looked like a portal, or rather a tear, appeared in front of them.

Simone closed her eyes against the land in front of them, through the tear. Alright, that's it, she thought, fear racing down her spine. No. She couldn't act afraid. She opened her eyes again, grimacing as they headed in the direction of an ominous looking castle.

"Alright, Rider, that's enough," she snapped. "Turn around. If that's supposed to be a 'safe place' I'd rather stay back in the mountains." She reached for her magic, ready to release her fire at any moment. How she herself would get out alive... She could come up with that later.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th March 2012, 10:16 pm

{Attn: Isadeva}

Nedria is handed off to yet another person. She stiffens up, walking as slow as she can as to drag out her last moments of freedom. She looks at the person leading her. "I suppose they suckered you into this whole dragon riders crap too. I hope you all feel good about yourselves. Stealing innocent people from their homes and ripping their souls from them." She mutters as she is pulled along. "So what is your position, the hostess?"
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 7th March 2012, 10:24 pm

Neph thought about the absurdity of the current situation. Her legs were broken and they were worried about her doing something? Apparently, she'd put the fear of God into them. Even in her delirious state she felt pride from that.

She felt lightheaded and sick and it was a struggle to remain conscious. Neph was tired and her head lolled as she finally passed out.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9th March 2012, 7:41 pm

[Attn: Rhaegar, Nedria]

"See," she whispered to Rhaegar as Syat landed in the Colosseum. She frowned when she saw the two young women in Joelle's care.
When the elder handed Nedria off to her she frowned at her back as she walked away. Shaking her head she smiled at Nedria.

"I'm sorry," she replied, placing the armor on the girl. She could feel Nedria's magic under her fingers as she worked, and sighed. Another mage. Weak at best, but still...she had a good spirit. She only hoped once this was over she would be more willing to at least listen to them.

"I'm here with the other mages to protect you," she replied at the hostess question. "I will tell you like I tell the others. You can be hurt, but we will not let you die. You must be brave and understand. Joelle will begin it soon."

[Attn: Simone]

Deirra laughed softly.
"Easy Princess, I promised to keep you safe, and safe I shall. " Her dragon began to descend suddenly at a rapid pace towards the courtyard of the castle.
"And you just put that fire away, hmm. It is in my blood the same as it is in yours, It wouldn't do me any harm."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 9th March 2012, 9:17 pm

{Attn: Isadeva, Rhaegar, Open}

Nedria struggles a little as the girl put the armor on her. “Of course that is how it all goes. Beat the shit out of us to the brink of death, and then heal them. Because how good are initiates who are dead.” She grumbles as the armor is strapped on. “So is this to drain my magic even more? Heaven forbid if we would harm one of your dragons.”

She looks over at the other person. “So where did they kidnap you from?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 10th March 2012, 11:44 am

[ATTN: Nedria, Isadeva]

Rhaegar watched as a dragon landed. It seemed that things were going to start soon; he couldn't wait. However, some woman brought a girl to Isadeva, who then began putting armour on her too. Rhaegar could tell by looking at her that she was just some low-class girl, not worth his time. She then looked over at him and asked a ridiculous question.

"I have been training for this my entire life, wench," he replied. "You'd do well to stay out of my way."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th March 2012, 11:56 am

Simone scowled. "Everything burns," she said, but she wasn't so sure about that now. She gripped the dragon's scales tighter as they started to descend towards the castle. She watched apprehensively as they started to approach the courtyard, trying to hide her nerves. No bow, and if the damn Rider wasn't bluffing her magic wasn't going to hurt her either. She felt more helpless now than she had back when she was actually a prisoner.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th March 2012, 2:08 pm

{Attn: Colosseum}

Joelle waited a few minutes until everyone fell silent. She enhanced her voice so all could hear her. "Welcome to Initiation. I apologize for the late notice and rushed preparations, but it was necessary to bring in our new recruits ahead of schedule. This Initiation will work like usual. All dragons and all recruits will enter the arena, nature will take its course, the rider and dragon being drawn together."

{Attn: Colosseum, Nyrishae and Daidan}

It had taken them awhile to get there, but Kyra and Daidan finally reached the Colosseum. Joelle had just been starting her speech when they entered, so Kyra quickly sought out Nyrishae. Spotting her already moving towards them, she helps Daidan the dais where Joelle is, where he'll be safe, and mounts Nyrishae so they can protect Joelle and Daidan during the bonding.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th March 2012, 2:31 pm

[Attn: Rhaegar, Nedria]

"Alright listen, the both of you," she whispered. "From this day forth you are both on the same level." She gave Rhaegar a reprimanding look. "You are both dragon riders. Now, when you are sent in there, your dragon will find you. As Joelle has said, nature will run its course. The dragons are confused, hungry, and angry. They will play with you. Their goal is not to hurt you, but to test. Do not be afraid, and stand fast. Let them know you are not afraid of them."

She knew she was breaking the rules, but she had a fondness for Rhaegar. She wanted to make sure he succeeded, and the young girl seemed lost and angry. She wanted to help her see this life wasn't all bad.

[Attn: Neph, Dragons, All in Colosseum.]

While the people were getting the recruits ready, Lyamir paced the Nesting grounds--which were connected to the Colosseum. The room was filling up outside, she could hear them, and smell some of the human's fear. It was riling up the other dragons. They had been denied their morning meal, and they were all hungry, angry.

Drokui snapped at her as she passed him, and she whirled with an angry hiss. The two dragon's eyed each other down, and finally Drokui turned his head in indifference. Lyamir snorted, and continued her pacing.

Something else hit the dragon suddenly. Pain, and anger from outside coursed through her. Her rider. Her head jerked towards the Colosseum door, and she snarled. Some dragons were more attuned to their rider than some. The spell that some of the mages had already started was making that bond stronger, and it sent one thing to her mind. Her rider was in danger.

The dragon snapped open her wings suddenly, and took to the air. Drokui hissed something to her, but she was ascending too fast to catch his words. Flying through the opening that led to the outside, several mages shouted warnings, but it didn't matter. Lyamir shot through the open ceiling of the Colosseum, landing near Nephenee and her guards. The dragon roared, snapping at the guards--but not intending to harm. As the guards backed away from Nephenee, Lyamir approached. Slowly, cautiousness. She didn't really know what to do.

She dipped her head down, gently nudging the fragile human beneath her. She growled at the ice coating her, and opened her mouth. Her hot breath began to quickly melt the ice.

The dragon landed finally, and crouched down to let both women off her. Deirra pulled Simone down, chuckling.
"Welcome to my humble abode. Don't worry, you're perfectly safe here. And you also can't leave so I don't mind if you want to run around to your hearts content."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 10th March 2012, 3:19 pm

{Attn: Isadeva, Rhaegar, Open}

“Good for you, if I had my choice I would be home right now.” Nedria listened to the one that dragged her here speak. As if she would seek out a dragon. She already decided not to be cooperative at all in this process. If one of those miserable beasts wanted her it will have to come and get her.

She watches as one of the dragons flies into the Colosseum. It flies over to where Nephenee is being kept. Nedria scoffs, looks like her dragon has been chosen for her. Nedria wonders what would happen if she isn't matched with one. They would have no choice, but to let her go, right?
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 10th March 2012, 3:38 pm

Simone pulled away from the Rider as she dragged her down from the dragon. What the hell did the woman keep finding so damn funny? Simone would have asked, but she was almost afraid of the answer.

"You're humble abode," Simone repeated, deadpan. Yeah, like this castle housed only her. She'd believe that when she saw it. Simone scowled as the Rider continued. "Oh, really?" she asked. "What's stopping me from leaving?" She lifted her chin, trying for a look of mocking amusement. "There's got to be a gate around here somewhere, right?" she asked, glancing around the courtyard as she stepped away from the Rider and the dragon.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th March 2012, 8:04 pm

(ATTN : Open)

Nymeria was resting when she smelled... humans. She immediately got scared; of course she wasn’t blind, a lot of dragon had a human rider. She knew her time had come, one of the human that just entered was gonna be her rider. It was like a fatality that she couldn’t evade. It was her fate. She would become one with the human and never experience thing like they used to be. The problem was that she didn’t want that. Being a free dragon was perfectly fine.

After thinking about that, she flew to the other side of the coliseum, as far as possible from the humans.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 10th March 2012, 8:21 pm

[ATTN: Isadeva, Nedria]

Rhaegar nodded to Isadeva. He already knew which dragon was his, and he wasn't afraid. However, he refused to accept that this girl standing next to him was on his level. They had probably just plucked her out of some field somewhere.

He watched as a dragon made its way in, landing near some guards. The guards moved away, revealing that someone was there. He couldn't wait until he faced his dragon.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 11th March 2012, 11:20 am

{Attn: Open}

Nedria is forced into the coliseum. She hangs in the backs as the others rush in. She carefully scans the dragons that enter. She sees one hanging back and flying to the opposite end of the coliseum. She smirks. Could it be that the dragons are in the same boat as them? That cannot be, dragons are just animals. She looks up at the dragon again, and cannot help but feel for it.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th March 2012, 11:48 am

(ATTN: Open)

Nymeria, still hungry, was looking around to find some food she looked at the humans. So tiny and fragile. One little human seemed lost. Immediate eye contact. She looked angry to be here. They can think whatever they want; they never experienced flying freely without restriction. I’m the one who should be angry.
Realizing that looking at the human was increasing her chances of being chose, Nymeria closed her eyes, trying to give the impression she was asleep
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th March 2012, 11:34 pm

{Attn: Colosseum}

Joelle chanted the spell with the other mages, raising an eyebrow, but not pausing at the dragon that flew over to Nephenee. The guards looked at her as the backed away and she signaled to them it was ok to leave the girl. Since it appeared the dragon had chosen her already, there was no need to keep her guarded, she wasn't going to try anything when she woke up. All those, human and dragon alike, that were backing away were soon going to find out that bonding was inevitable.

Kyra and Nyrishae watched the ceremony with narrowed eyes, watching everyone closely. Sometimes the dragons or recruits resisted a little much and tried to attack the mages around the room. Each mage had a dragon and rider protecting them. So far, the only movement that had made them tense was the dragon, Lyamir, moving to the unconscious recruit. Kyra raised her eyebrow at that, usually their recruits were awake for this. Through their mental connection, she spoke to Nyrishae, What happened to that girl Lyamir seems to have connected with? She and Daidan hadn't arrived until after all the recruits had and the sleeping girl confused her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 24th March 2012, 11:57 pm

[ATTN: Isadeva, Thalas]

Lazarus approaches Isadeva with an alert eye towards a particular dragon with wariness as he clearly positions himself between Isadeva and the creature in a protective manner. His mind races as he considers the threat the creature might be, considering many possibilities of outcomes should the dragon attack in rage.

He observes Isadeva's clothing, his eye wandering over her form with analytic gazing and critical intensity as he clucks with disappointment and shakes his head with what might be a condescending disdain. The dress is truly lovely, making her far more attractive than he would ever like to admit to himself.

"Tell me, Isadeva," Lazarus asks bluntly as his eyes meet hers, "When are you ever going to learn to start looking presentable in public?"
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26th March 2012, 7:26 pm

[Attn: Nephenee, Lazarus]

Isadeva clenched her fists as Lazarus spoke to her. Creators, he made her blood boil. She gritted he teeth, hissing. "What? Not whoreish enough for you? Thank you Lazarus, but today I do not need your help."

She pushed past him suddenly, ignoring the alarmed hiss that Thalas made. She slowed once Lymair noticed she was getting close, and the red dragon let out a warning growl.

"Shh, I'm not going to hurt her. I'm going to heal her." She started forward again, crouching down next to Nephenee, resting a hand on the woman's knee. She closed her eyes, muttering a spell of healing under her breath.

[Attn: Rhaegar]

Drokui caught sight of the young recruit that had recently drawn his attention. He felt the unnatrual tug towards him, and almost without realizing it started towards the boy. A rumble started in his chest the closer he started towards him, tail twitching like a cats while it hunted.

"Princess you can leave the Castle anytime you wish, I warn you though, even we don't know what lay beyond our wall." She chuckled. "Or did you completely sleep through me opening a tear into the veil? We're in another dimension, sweet heart. And no one can find you with our help."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 26th March 2012, 7:43 pm

"'We?'" she asked, turning back around to look at Deirra, not hiding her irritation. Of course she was right. Likely she'd never be able to make it anywhere out here without a dragon or some sort of mount. "Don't tell me I have to deal with more of you," she deadpanned, starting back over to her slowly. No one can find me? She wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. Sure, she didn't exactly want to be found, but she didn't want to be here with the alpha bitch, either...

Last edited by Red on 26th March 2012, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 26th March 2012, 7:44 pm

{Attn: Nymeria}

Nedria watched the other dragons. One of them going for the idiot she was with earlier. She stands back, her eye catching the same dragon as earlier. Damn it, what is going on. She does not want to draw the attentions of any of the beasts. She goes to the wall and sits down. She watches the rest of the idiots eagerly giving their lives to the wretched beasts. Well not her! What are they going to do if a dragon does not choose her?
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 26th March 2012, 8:25 pm

[ATTN: Drokui]

Rhaegar immediately found the dragon he had met before, there was no mistaking it. The dragon moved toward him, the large form getting closer and closer, a rumble coming from its chest area. He watched its tail moving, but stayed his ground. He would not show any fear to this creature.

He bent his legs and brought his arms up in front of him, ready to dodge or cast magic if he had to. He didn't know what the dragon would try to do to him, but it would not be getting the best of him. He hadn't trained all these years to fail now.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 26th March 2012, 8:32 pm

Neph came to. She felt a dull ache in her legs, but it seemed to be ebbing. "What in blazes...?"

Memory came like a punch in the gut. She looked to see Isadeva over her and saw her legs had been healed.

"You don't seem so slow to me," she said. "Uh...thanks..."

She suddenly became aware of her surroundings. She glared. "Oh, I see, this is sport for these bastards..."

She looked to see a red dragon in front of her. "And what do you want?" she growled. "If'n yer thinkin' I'm a morsel fer you to chomp on, think again!"

She felt drawn to the dragon, and that worried her.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top