Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Gateway

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 4 Empty Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 16th December 2011, 3:18 am

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The City of Myreria; it was quiet this time of the morning. Isadeva made her way silently down the stair cases, and into the main hall of the riders court. Several of the staff nodded towards her as she passed, some even greeting her kindly as she quickly brushed past them all.

No one was surprised to see her up this early. It had become a ritual for her; get up, eat a little breakfast, and rush through the Keep to avoid any and all attention. Her first stop was the dragon's nesting area. Several of the dragons loved the attention that she showered on them, and of all the talk of them being horrid beasts that could kill you with the blink of an eye, there was nothing they loved more than a chin scratch.

She stopped outside the Nesting, sighing happily at the warmth that radiated from the sand that the dragons loved to sleep in. Taking a deep breath she started off through the area, smiling at the feel of the sand on her feet. She was supposed to meet Darius and Rhaegar here for a bit of out of the classroom class.

[Attn: Dragons]
Lyamir let out a roar of a yawn, shifting in her shallow basin she had created in the sand. She had at some point turned so she layed on her back, and her feet swayed in the air slightly. All in all so far the day had begun to be good. The gnawing of the emptiness inside her soul was still there, and over time it had started to get worse. Part of her was missing and she wanted it back. Well perhaps back was the wrong thing to say, either way she wanted it, and was unhappy that they had postponed the initiation of the new recruits.

She felt some of the others join in on her discomfort, and sighed. At least she was't alone in it, she supposed it could be worse.

[Attn: Open, Irakvorr]
While most riders were just now awake, or just now attending their duties, Daiden was awake and already half way into the wilds. He had risen early and while Irakvorr was not happy aboutt it, Rider and Dragon had left the city to hunt. The mountains were a dangerous place. Home to wild animals, as well as people. Daiden wasn't worried, however, it would have to be something very big, or very stupid to ever attack a dragon. The trees were thick here, and Daiden had finally told Irakvorr to land. They could continue on foot, as much as he knew the dragon wouldn't want too.

He patted the scaley hide of the creature affectionately, starting through the underbrush.
"Be careful, and stay close to me. I don't want to get lost. Even with our telepathy it would take us forever to find each other again," he thought towards his dragon, the mental link between them sending it loud and clear into his dragon's mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 4 Empty Re: Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 31st December 2011, 1:38 pm

[Attn: Nephenee]

Deirra waited for the remaining guards to leave the scene, leveling her eyes on Nephenee. She let out a short laugh.
"I'm only called a lady because of my dragon, dear. Before that I was nothing more than a common whore on the street."

That was small lie. She hadn't been all that common, and she hadn't been on the street. She let out a sigh, not staying on that thought.
"I'm sorry for all this, love. Deidan is stuck up prig."

The girl obviously didn't seem to like Deidan--not that she blamed the girl really--and from experience she was good at playing at hatred more than anything.

[Attn: Irakvorr, Simone]

"Lets just all calm down," he replied softly, calmly. The heat surging from the fire ball near him was making his stomach clinch, and he really did not want that anywhere near his skin, ever. He shifted slightly, and tensed when she obviously took the movement as a threat.

"I was just shifting, my legs ripped all to shreds remember? It was comfortable having all my weight on it.

[Attn: Rhaegar]

A sound started in Drokui's chest like a deep rumbled. It was a purr. He was watching the fight between Thalas and Inra intently, ready to jump in if necessary. The fact that Isadeva had gotten hurt in the process saddened him, but there was nothing a dragon could do for her. Except aid the mage healing her of course.

[Attn: Nedira]

Kahlain laughed. "Feeling adventurous today, huh?" She nodded her head towards the Market. "Always stuff to do over there. Make sure you watch your valuables though. Don't want to get pick pocketed. "
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st December 2011, 2:16 pm

{Attn: Kahlain}

Nedria laughs cheerfully. "Thanks, I don't have anything that is too valuable, mostly handmade stuff. Besides I have a few tricks up my sleeves if someone does try. So anywhere in particular you recommend, Kahlain?"
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 31st December 2011, 2:51 pm

[Attn: Deirra]

Neph relaxed a bit, but it was obvious in her stance she was prepared for treachery. "Alright," she said, "but if ya try anything funny like that Deidan bastard I'll hand feed ya yer innards for supper."

She clenched her fist and it shook visibly. "If I ever see that manhandlin', two-faced, good fer nothin', hog's ass again I'm gonna end his line then and there..."

She looked back at Deirra, silently admonishing herself for getting distracted by her anger. Her granddad had taught her better than that. First thing was to survive; she was outnumbered and outgunned, she'd need to find a way to escape. Once free, she'd find her way back to her granddad, then they'd come back and burn this place to the ground.

"So, where am I and what is this place?" she asked. "This a slave tradin' camp, what with the kidnappin's and such?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 31st December 2011, 4:19 pm

[ATTN: Drokui]

When the dragon began to purr, Rhaegar took that as a sign that his task was complete. He sat back for a moment, then got up and slid off the dragon. Everyone else seemed to be busy doing whatever they were doing, so he figured he'd be able to get out without anyone caring.

As he walked away from the dragon he looked back at it for a moment. He'd never felt so attached to anything before, let alone some animal.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 31st December 2011, 5:45 pm

[ATTN: Irakvorr, Deidan]

Simone closed her eyes for a moment, starting to feel exhausted from the effort of maintaining the fire. It wasn't even maintaining the fire that was the real problem; it was controlling it. Fire was practically a living element, and keeping it in a tiny manageable ball right now was one of the hardest things she had ever done. And it was draining her, fast.

"I'm going to let you go in a moment," Simone said. "When that happens, you will move slowly to your dragon and then leave - "

Something slipped in her mind, and in an instant the fire was free from her control. It expanded quickly, big enough that it brushed up against the Rider's face. Simone gasped, closing her fist, and in an instant the fire was gone.

Fuck.

She was fucked. No question. Starting a fire again now when she had no control would burn down the whole damn forest. Her one advantage was gone. Simone wasted no time, leaping to her feet and sprinting away from the pair, scooping up her bow and quiver as she raced into the trees.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st December 2011, 10:50 pm

Deirra let out a laugh, amusement dancing in her eyes. Just where did Deidan find this one, under a rock?
"Slave? Honey they brought you here to be a rider."

As if to emphasize her words a shadow descended upon them. The dragon snapped its wings open at the last minute to slow her fall, landing next to Deirra. She wrapped her tail around the mage's legs, as if to protect her. Tilting her head at Nephenee her yellow eyes seemed calculating.

[Attn: Simone, Irakvorr]

"Shit!" Deidan reeled away from her the moment the fire touched his skin. He whirled as Simone ran, calling out to Irakvorr.
"Damn it! Go after her." He couldn't run fast enough to catch her with his leg in the current condition.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 31st December 2011, 11:02 pm

[Attn: Deidan, Simone]

Irakvorr chuckled with amusement. "No need."

He inhaled deeply and let out a breath of lightning. The top half of the trees were ripped asunder and quickly lit on fire. He would not give the hatchling the time to shoot the pointy-flying-sticks at him.

He waited at the edge to pounce--the fire would smoke her out sooner or later. And if not, then he'd drag her body out of the flames.

[Attn: Deirra, dragon]

Nephenee yawned. "I took one of you on for sport this mornin'," she said unimpressed. "If that arrogant ass hadn't kidnapped me, I'd have taken one a' the wild ones and tamed it. And I don't remember bein' asked to be a 'Rider'--" she gave the word an ample dose of scorn to show what she thought of it "--so I don't much see how it's any differnt from bein' a slave. And if y'all think y'all can keep me here against my will fer long, y'all'll be findin' yourselves sorely mistaken."

She looked at the woman directly. "Now, do I go to some brig or what? And I damn well ain't gonna apologize fer kickin' their sorry asses. My grandpa was a soldier and he'd cry fer shame to see those sorry excuses out there. And if they touch me again they'll never be makin' babies again, I guarantee ya that!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st December 2011, 11:48 pm

"You fought Irakvorr today?" She let out a laugh. "No wonder Deidan wanted you here. You've got guts woman, I like you."
She glanced up at her dragon, gently running a hand over her snout. She'd seen the way the woman had gone ridged when Nesani had landed behind her.
"This is Nesani. She's my dragon, and means you no harm. Shes just fussy. There was a fight earlier in the Nest Grounds. "
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 31st December 2011, 11:52 pm

"I'm not surprised," she said bluntly, "what with all the kidnappin's I suspect fights happen all the time 'round here!

"Now, what's to be done with me?" she asked again. "Or are we gonna sit here and drink tea and eat biscuits till the cows come home?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2012, 12:16 am

[Attn: Nephenee.]

"There aren't many kidnappings, hun. I guess you're just unlucky today, or Deidan has lost his ever loving mind." She patted Nesani on the side, and the dragon took off with a great flap of her wings. She had just been checking in on her rider after the commotion going on near by.

Deirra watched her dragon leave, smiling faintly. "Whats to be done with you is as soon as they decided they have enough, acceptable recruits they'll send you into to find your dragon. There the dragons will test you. Most of them will attack you."

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2012, 12:19 am

Nephenee smiled defiantly. "So we're to be fodder for dragons, eh?" she said. "Well, hell, might as well have some sport while I'm here. Do they give us weapons, or do we take the critters bare-handed?"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st January 2012, 12:38 am

Simone swore, ducking instinctively as she heard lighting crash over her head. Something groaned, and Simone yelped as a tree crashed down in front of her, in flames. She reached deep for her magic, trying to control the flames, but the fire was already too big and too wild. She shuddered. It was just like when Arcen died...

Simone suddenly noticed she was shaking. Get a fucking grip! It was fire, her element, nothing to be scared of. She raced to the side, skirted the flaming branch only to find another fire in her path. That bastard dragon. Simone pulled her cloak over her face, trying to protect herself from the smoke. The fire was spreading, fast, and it became clear her choice was either die or face them.

Simone backed away from the flames. There had to be some other way out. She coughed violently, and crouched down in the forest, trying to breathe. This wasn't working. Simone backed away, staying low to the ground, looking about for an exit. She had no other choice now.

Simone turned back the way she came, running through the flames and notching an arrow to her bow. Adrenaline gave her speed, and she soon burst from the trees, bow already drawn. The dragon was there, waiting, and she shot the arrow at him, aiming straight for his eyes. She didn't wait to see if she hit him - she turned, running full out along the edge of the forest.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 1st January 2012, 12:51 am

[Attn: Simone]

Irakvorr had expected that tactic--her having done it before--and as soon as she had leapt out and shot at him had brought out his wing. He growled as it pierced through his wing. He quickly snapped it in half and charged after her. He winced as he spread his wings and took to the air, flapping his wings and generating gale-force winds that sent her flying.

Once more he was on her, once more she was pinned, except this time he took up her bow and snapped it in half and ripped off her quiver. The hatchling was little more than a babe in his powerful claws and he looked at her.

"Enough of this game, child," he said to her, showing the first signs of impatience. "You have lost this battle. Accept defeat with some dignity."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 1st January 2012, 9:42 am

Simone breathed hard, her lungs still burning from the smoke. She glared up at the dragon, not daring to speak. There had to be some way out, there always was, and she tensed in the dragon's grip, desperately trying to break free. But his grip was like iron, and Simone quickly stopped trying. She was exhausted, and she would never had been able to break free anyway at her best.

The dragon was right. End of the line. Panic gripped her, and she tried once more to wriggle from his grasp, but it was hopeless. Fuck it all. Simone forced her muscles to relax, her heart pounding, and she looked up first at the dragon, then the Rider. She didn't dare speak. She wasn't sure she could speak.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2012, 3:11 pm

[Attn: Rewilin]
Looking down upon the land nothing seemed to be amiss, but that didn’t mean that it wasn’t. As they glided over what had been a grove of trees a fourth night ago, but now it just seemed to be a burned out crater “Rewilin fly lower” He didn’t mean to sound so demanding but his hairs were stand on end and he had a very bad feeling about all of this. It looked like a fight among dragons had happened here.

[Attn: Kyra, Marcus, Isadeva, nesting]
Lazrus turned toward Marcus and the mage who looked as if he were about to pass out from fight, “She’s broken and bleeding out and you bring this mouse of a mage, does he even know what he’s doing?” his anger was kindled and it wasn’t just going to fade away and die. Was his brother really this stupid, if didn’t matter how fast you got a mage if the mage couldn’t hold his breakfast of his consciousness.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st January 2012, 9:32 pm

[ATTN: Drake]

Rewilin looked at the crater and started going down before Drake even saying anything. He than started looking for any signs of life. ''I wonder what happened here'' he said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd January 2012, 1:18 am

"No. Its just you girlie. No weapons. Luckily I had help." She raised a hand, fire flashing around her palm. Closing her hand the fire extinguished. "Though I think you have your own talents, right?"

She jerked her head towards the hall. "Come on doll, I'll get you all set up."

[Attn: Nesting]

Isadeva squeezed Lazarus' hand, glaring at him.
The 'mouse' of a mage as Lazarus had said knelt down next to Isadeva, resting a hand against her. He closed his eyes, and began to mutter under his breath.
Isadeva let out a gasp suddenly, as her ribs shifted to move back together. It hurt, but it was a welcomed pain.

Marcus glared at his brother, hissing. "Lazarus, can I speak to you. Privately. Now."
He was about fed up with his brothers attitude, and he was going to bring him down a notch.

[Attn: Irakvorr, Simone]

Deidan sighed heavily, limping over to them. "Can you carry us both?"
He didn't want to stress his dragon out, but the blood loss from his leg was beginning to make his world unstable and he needed to get it looked at.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 3rd January 2012, 1:34 am

Nephenee grimaced. Young dragons were one thing, but a full grown dragon bare-handed. She'd have to hit hard and fast. She started making a mental list of attacks she could use that might penetrate thick dragon hide. She could hit hard enough, to be sure, but effective damage was more important here.

She began walking in the direction Deirra indicated, lost in thought.

[Attn: Deidan, Simone]

"I can, as I previously stated," he replied. Deidan was growing weak, he could tell. "Bind her again--her legs too--and we can be on our way...to what's left of the soldiers. The girl was tearing them apart when I flew off."
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd January 2012, 2:01 am

{Attn: Nyrishae}

Kyra nods at Isadeva and quickly leaves. Heading to Nyrishae, she is relieved Isadeva didn't want her to stay. She easily jumps onto her back, Please, get us out of here, love. As they fly out the doorway, Kyra takes a deep cleansing breath. This is what she was meant for. If she could live on dragon back she would, though most would say she practically does. Pick a village, any village. Make it one decently far away, Ny. I need to breathe for awhile.

{Attn: Darius}

Gray laughed at Darius' antics and then waded out into the water. Water wouldn't hurt him much, being an ice dragon, but he didn't go far out because he didn't like to swim much. The water was warm and he enjoyed it lapping against his wings. He decided he really should do this more often.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd January 2012, 5:41 pm

[ATTN: Grey]

Darius got on Greys back for a while and played with him in the water. A little while after hw got out ofthe water, picked up his glaive and started training with it, mostly to get dry and not be cold.

It looked as if he was dancing with his weapon, he was in perfect sync with its movement, creating a great defense and offense at once.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 3rd January 2012, 7:14 pm

[ATTN: Deidan, Irakvorr]

Simone closed her eyes as they spoke, trying not to panic. Damn it all, why she had decided to try and play the hero today, she'd never know. But it was too late now. She tried to find some traces of her magic left, but she was completely spent.

She opened her eyes again, looking at the Rider. He was looking pretty spent, too. Seems his wound was starting to hurt him bad. She smirked. Maybe she could get a good kick in, before they dragged her off.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 1:02 am

{Attn: Nyrishae, open}

After Kyra had centered herself, she started paying attention to the scenery, quickly noticing a village far below them. That looks like it could be promising, land there please, Ny. As the dragon smoothly lands in a clearing nearby, Kyra hops deftly off. She turns her face into Nyrishae's neck briefly, Thank you, friend. Ny would know she doesn't just mean taking her to this village, but the fact that the dragon was the one being she could count on other than her brother. Deidan was much too busy with his new responsibilities and building an army to be bothered with her emotions, but she knew he would be there for the big stuff. Pushing away her brief moment of melancholy, she straightens from leaning against Nyrishae. I'll be back soon.

Kyra walks quickly to the village, watchful and alert. As she enters the small town, she watches the people closely, looking for any signs of a good fighter or magical talent, though that is much harder to notice. She wanders the streets, waiting for someone to jump out at her as a likely candidate.

{Attn: Darius}

Gray cocks his head and watches Darius train with his weapon while he dries off in the sun. When he woke this morning, he didn't expect the day to be any different than normal, but look at how it had turned out. Against his will, he had found a rider, but it seemed his luck had been with him. Darius didn't seem mean, abusive, or full of himself and like he would be a considerate rider. Even better, he didn't want to stay around here. Gray had come around to the idea of leaving, just knowing that the other dragons and some riders, would constantly give him gloating looks, the "I told you so" look that he just wouldn't be able to stand. After awhile of watching Darius, Gray stood and shook the sand from himself, signaling that he was ready to go.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th January 2012, 1:15 am

{Attn: Open}

Nedria was having fun in the shopping area. She found and outdoor theater area where some musicians were setting up. Soon enough they started playing a lively tune. People started dancing and having a good time. It was hard not to get caught up in it.

It wasn't long before a stranger pulled her in to a dance. Nedria accepted with a smile. She was busy dancing, she almost didn't feel the hand slipping into her pocket. She spins around and locks eyes with a man for the briefest of moments before he takes off running.

Nedria chases after him. They run down the alleyway, around the corner, and down again. Nedria is used to the running from the hard work on the farm. If this asshole thinks he can get away from her he is wrong.

She chases him to a quieter area with less people. She smiles. This is good. She stops and coats the ground with ice. The man steps on it and slides into a building, hard. Nedria smiles and approaches him, melting the ice so she doesn't slip. She takes her wallet from him. "Hurts doesn't it. Maybe you will learn not to steal wallets."

She shakes her head and start back to the party.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th January 2012, 1:24 am

{Attn: Nedria}

Kyra hears running behind her and presses herself into a narrow doorway just before a man and woman run by. She pokes her head out to see what was going on and sees the woman form ice on the ground in front of the man. Kyra takes a minute to watch the exchange and then follows the woman as she heads back the way she came, towards the music. This was the sign she had been waiting for. First she would try to convince the woman to join them and hopefully the woman would take the easy way, because Kyra had no problem with doing things the hard way.

Before the woman reaches the crowd dancing, Kyra closes the gap between them and taps her on the shoulder. "Excuse me, but could I have a word with you?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 7th January 2012, 1:58 am

{Attn: Kyra}

Nedria was feeling pretty good about herself. She didn't kill the guy, she got to use a little of her magic, and the party was just starting. She was walking back when she feels a tap on her shoulder. She turns to see another young woman. "Depends on what you need? What is it you want?" A cheerful smile is on her face.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top