Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Gateway

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 8 Empty Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 16th December 2011, 3:18 am

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The City of Myreria; it was quiet this time of the morning. Isadeva made her way silently down the stair cases, and into the main hall of the riders court. Several of the staff nodded towards her as she passed, some even greeting her kindly as she quickly brushed past them all.

No one was surprised to see her up this early. It had become a ritual for her; get up, eat a little breakfast, and rush through the Keep to avoid any and all attention. Her first stop was the dragon's nesting area. Several of the dragons loved the attention that she showered on them, and of all the talk of them being horrid beasts that could kill you with the blink of an eye, there was nothing they loved more than a chin scratch.

She stopped outside the Nesting, sighing happily at the warmth that radiated from the sand that the dragons loved to sleep in. Taking a deep breath she started off through the area, smiling at the feel of the sand on her feet. She was supposed to meet Darius and Rhaegar here for a bit of out of the classroom class.

[Attn: Dragons]
Lyamir let out a roar of a yawn, shifting in her shallow basin she had created in the sand. She had at some point turned so she layed on her back, and her feet swayed in the air slightly. All in all so far the day had begun to be good. The gnawing of the emptiness inside her soul was still there, and over time it had started to get worse. Part of her was missing and she wanted it back. Well perhaps back was the wrong thing to say, either way she wanted it, and was unhappy that they had postponed the initiation of the new recruits.

She felt some of the others join in on her discomfort, and sighed. At least she was't alone in it, she supposed it could be worse.

[Attn: Open, Irakvorr]
While most riders were just now awake, or just now attending their duties, Daiden was awake and already half way into the wilds. He had risen early and while Irakvorr was not happy aboutt it, Rider and Dragon had left the city to hunt. The mountains were a dangerous place. Home to wild animals, as well as people. Daiden wasn't worried, however, it would have to be something very big, or very stupid to ever attack a dragon. The trees were thick here, and Daiden had finally told Irakvorr to land. They could continue on foot, as much as he knew the dragon wouldn't want too.

He patted the scaley hide of the creature affectionately, starting through the underbrush.
"Be careful, and stay close to me. I don't want to get lost. Even with our telepathy it would take us forever to find each other again," he thought towards his dragon, the mental link between them sending it loud and clear into his dragon's mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 8 Empty Re: Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 6th March 2012, 8:15 pm

[Attn: Nephenee, Nedria, Joelle]

The ice that Nephenee and Nedria were sliding on, spiked suddenly. The spikes towardered over them, leaving them no room to escape except back the way they came. A shadow passed over them, and suddenly a dragon landed behind them.

It's frosty breath left ice crystals in the air which immediately fell to the ground. It was an ice dragon, and by the looks of its size a very old ice dragon. It lowered itself to the ground, allowing its rider off.

[Attn: Simone]
"Yes I'm aware," he whispered, ducking down a corridor. "I'm going to hand you over to a friend. Don't worry she'll keep you safe."

He stopped at a ledge, turning towards her. He took hold of her shoulders, turning her too look at him.
"I know you don't like dragons," he began slowly. "However, if you need help, use this."
He held up a device similar to a flute. It shimmered with magic.
"It is attuned with my...essence of a sort. If you use it, my dragon will answer. Don't be frightened of him."

[Attn: Rheagar, Darius]

The guard brought the two boys into a place that almost looked like a Colosseum. Isadeva was currently bustling around fitting each person with what appeared to be some kind of magical amour.
She came to a stop in front of Rheagar, brushing a strand of hair from her eyes. She seemed a little out of breath.
"I know you have questions," she began when she saw he was about to speak. "However, right now you must listen. I disagree with this, but the elders have decided to move up the initiation. I will not tell you more than that at the moment, I must wait for the others to get here. You must be brave, and remember, you can be hurt."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th March 2012, 8:24 pm

{Attn: Nephenee}

“Oh shit!” Is Nedria’s response to the spikes that appeared in front of them. She cringes when the shadow flies overhead and lands behind them. “Talk about being stuck between ice and a hard place. I hope you have a plan, because I don’t.” Nedria curses under her breathe about not having her powers up to full strength.

She won’t go down easily though. Ice dragon, hmmm maybe a little fire will help?
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th March 2012, 8:58 pm

{Attn: Daidan}

Kyra smiled when she heard her brother. Relief flooded through her, but she stayed in her chair. She wasn't really the emotional and hugging type. A mage had woken her earlier with a message from the Council that the initiation had been moved up. She needed to get there for it, but had wanted to make sure that Daidan had woken up. "The initiation has been moved. Another pair has been found and they are like the others, unreachable." She looked down at the floor, her sadness at recent events obvious. She had watched the rider being brought in to the infirmary during the night and it reminded her of her father. Shaking off her melancholy mood and putting her indifferent mask back in place, she looked back at her brother. "I am relieved that you are awake and alright, but I must go for the initiation. I will return to check on you when it is over."

{Attn: Nephenee and Nedria}

Joelle slipped from Syat's back and landed gracefully in front of the fleeing girls. Without expression she watched them for a minute. "Fire will not be necessary and would be an unfortunate waste of your powers, Nedria." She considered them for another moment, "You are the ladies that have been giving my riders such a difficult time. I have heard many complaints about you, but had thought with a little time you might settle into a satisfactory life here. Apprently, I was mistaken." Her eyes narrowed and her expression became as cold as the ice dragon behind her. "You WILL go to the initiation...now. I will NOT hear of any other incidents or you will be punished severely. If you cooperate with us, you will come to understand our lives and I think you can be happy here. But push me, ladies, and I can make things very unpleasant for you. Understand?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th March 2012, 9:03 pm

[ATTN: Marcus]

Simone took the flute cautiously, feeling the power running through it. "Impressive," she muttered, studying it. She shrugged, tucking it into a pocket in her cloak before anyone else saw it.

She took a breath then. "Thank you, Rider," she finally said slowly. "You've been far more... considerate than others like you that I've met." She frowned as she thought back to the Rider who had taken her and the country girl, and then shook her head. If she never had to see him again, she'd be more than happy.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th March 2012, 9:08 pm

[Attn: Joelle, Nedria, Syat]

Nephenee had grabbed chuncks of ice and rock as the woman had slid from the dragon and at her words her face grew red with anger. "You can take that and shove it up yer ass, grubworm!" she said.

She threw the cold muck at the eyes of both the dragon and the woman, grabbed Nedria's hand and ran past them, cracking the woman on the side with the butt of her spear as she passed.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th March 2012, 9:17 pm

{Attn: Nephenee, Open}

Nedria was about to respond when her partner in crime took action. She feels the girl tugging her along. "They rip us from our home and expect us to roll over and die." Honestly at this point if the girl hadn't taken action, she would have surrendered. It looks like they are together now come whatever hell they can dream up.

"I don't think we can just walk out the main gate, but if you get us to a low wall I may be able to push us over."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th March 2012, 9:25 pm

[Attn: Nedria, Nephenee, Joelle]

Syat snarled at the girls as they passed, and her tail sweeped sideways suddenly. It connected with Nephenee's legs and there was a sickening crack. She turned her head towards the girl as she dropped with the pain of her legs being broke, and ice began to cover in place.
'We will not tolerate it," the dragon and woman seemed to be speaking as one.

He smiled faintly. "I am...clearer headed than most." The sound of wings broke his attention, and Deirra landed. She slid off her dragon, giving Marcus a smirk. She arched an eyebrow at Simone, placing her hand on her hips.

"So your the little woman who Marcus is so intent on saving from this horrible plight?"

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th March 2012, 9:31 pm

{Attn: Nedria, Nephenee, and Syat}

Joelle wiped the ice from her face and approached the girl, her anger frigid, but she appeared calm and in control. She never, ever lost control. "It appears you have made your choice, my dear. It is a poor one and you shall regret it." She looked at the shocked Nedria, "And you, mage? What is your choice?" Fairness ruled her decisions and she had seen how Nephenee had pulled her along. This would be her one last chance to peacefully accept her fate or she would be "encouraged" to.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th March 2012, 9:35 pm

[ATTN: Deirra, Marcus]

Simone looked up as another Rider suddenly landed in front of them, this one a woman. The woman dismounted and approached them, and Simone tensed, afraid that this one might be an enemy, too.

Her words gave her pause. She glanced at Marcus, uncertain, then looked back to the woman. She certainly didn't seem... pleasant, but she'd take what she could get.

"Yes," she said shortly.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th March 2012, 9:37 pm

[Attn: Nedria]

"Sounds like a plan!" Neph said. "We need to keep to small corridors where that damn house-sized lizard can't snap us up like chicken feed!"

It was then that a tail flashed in the corner of her eye. She cried out as she felt her legs break.

At their words, Neph spat at them. Her head was woozy, but anger and adrenaline were fueling her. "Go hang yerselves, ya kidnappin' cowards! Ya take people outta their homes then 'punish' them when they don't want to be kidnapped! If ya keep me here, y'all will regret, hear! I will dedicate my entire life to bringin' this godfersakin' place down on yer arrogant, high and mighty heads!"
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th March 2012, 9:44 pm

{Attn: Nephenee, et al}

Nedria’s heart stops when she hears the sickening crunch of the girl’s legs breaking. She knew then her chances of getting away are gone. She stands and glares at Joelle. “If you take me and steal my soul, I promise never to use my magic ever again. Then what will you do? The very reason you took me from my home will be gone, and I will be useless. Then what are you going to do?”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th March 2012, 9:48 pm

[Attn: Nephenee, Nedria]

'You fool of a girl,' Syat hissed, turning her head to focus one blue eye on her. 'We do not steal your soul. You are in full possion of it. You shouldn't believe every rumor you hear.'

She extended a leg. 'Now, up you go. '

"I mean what I said, Deirra," Marcus hissed, putting an arm around Simone's shoulders. He turned her to face Deirra. "Take her some where safe."

Deirra's smile widened. "Of course. Whatever you say."
Oh she'd take her some where safe alright. Somewhere where that magic of hers would be put to good use.

"Well, come on then," she started back to her dragon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th March 2012, 9:56 pm

{Attn: Joelle, Syat}

"Yeah sure, that is why Kyra's parents are in comas. If a dragon rider is in full possession of his or her soul then how does that happen? Looks like the rumors are true." She grumbles as she goes up. "And let me guess you are going to force her to go through with it in her condition too." She states coldly referring to the young girl. "You guys are sadists like that."
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th March 2012, 9:57 pm

[ATTN: Deirra, Marcus]

Simone looked at Deirra suspiciously. She was starting to wonder if this was such a good idea. The woman didn't seem that trustworthy to her...

But if she really was against her, she'd never be able to run away. Not with her magic still low and a dragon right there. She had plenty of magic left, though, to burn her to ash if she betrayed her and all else failed.

"Fine," she said, walking forward. "Don't make either of us regret this, Rider," she muttered to Deirra as she crawled up on the dragon's back.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th March 2012, 10:01 pm

[Attn: Nedria, Joelle]

Neph drunkenly cast for the spear and put it in her hands, then propped herself against the wall. The pain in her legs was damn near unbearable, but this hadn't been the first time she broke them. She wearily aimed the spear at them.

"I'll be no easy meat, bastards," she growled.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 6th March 2012, 10:10 pm

[ATTN: Isadeva]

Rhaegar followed the guard in a sullen silence. He looked around as they went, not recognizing where they were going. They ended up in a place that sort of looked like a Colosseum, with other people already there. Isadeva was there and she seemed to putting armour on each person. Rhaegar began to suspect what was going on.

Isadeva then came to him and told him that the Initiation would be happening early. Rhaegar's eyes lit up; he would become a dragon rider already. That would surely make his parents happy.

"Oh, I'm not afraid," Rhaegar replied boastfully. "And I assure you, nothing will harm me."
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th March 2012, 10:12 pm

{Attn: Neph, Nedria, Syat}

Joelle raised an eyebrow at Nephenee's outburst. She took the thumb and forefinger of her right hand and pressed them together, effectively shutting the girl up. "That is enough out of you." Then with a wave of her hand, the spear was flung from Nephenee's hand. Looking up at Nedria, she shook her head. "Syat is right, you should not believe everything you hear. I am the owner of my soul and Syat is the owner of hers. If anything, we are stronger together than we are apart, our souls merged together. Think about it, girl, to be able to trust and love one being with your whole heart and never doubt that. Everyone should be as lucky as you. Someday you'll see that." She motioned to Syat. "If you please, Nedria." Walking over to Nephenee, she picks the girl up under her arms, heedless of her painfilled protests, silent as they were. Though Joelle was one of the oldest in the city, she still was active and strong, easily lifting the girl onto the dragon. She doesn't even have to speak to Syat for the dragon to know what she needs to do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th March 2012, 10:27 pm

[Attn: Kyra]

"What?!" He hissed. Another one? He saw the sadness in his sisters face, and despite the warning from Irakavorr, stood up. He limped over to his sister, pulling her into his arms.
"I'm not dying, I'll go with you."

[Attn: Rhaegar]

Isadeva smiled at him. She finished placeing the magical amour on him, and brushed her hand through his hair.
"Oh of course," she was relieved at his bravo, but also nervous. He had no idea that he was actually going to have to fight the dragon, by himself.

"Of course, Princess. I wouldn't dream of it." Deirra positioned herself behind Simone. With a few silent words to her dragon, she dove off the ledge. She snapped her wings open at the last moment, soaring slightly before slowly beginning to ascend.

"You have a name, Princess?"

[Attn:Nephenee, Nedria]

'We have our souls, but we are also a part of each other. We feel each other's pain. If a rider dies so does his dragon, and vise versa.' Syat spoke softly, taking to the air once Joelle and the trouble maker got on her. She headed towards the Colosseum, glad that the woman could no longer speak.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 6th March 2012, 10:33 pm

[ATTN: Deirra]

Simone jerked as the dragon dropped, only snapping open her wings at the last minute, and glared down at the dragon's scales angrily. "Simone," she said shortly. "Care to tell me where we're going, Rider?" she asked, not bothering to ask her for her name, as well. "Or is that information classified?" She didn't like having the Rider behind her - she felt vulnerable like this. It crossed her mind that this might have been intentional.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 6th March 2012, 10:39 pm

[ATTN: Isadeva]

The woman finished strapping Rhaegar into the magical armour. It made him feel empowered, like he could take on anything. He grinned at Isadeva, probably the first real smile he'd had since he'd come to this hole.

"So when is the Initiation? What will be taking place?" he asked eagerly.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th March 2012, 10:57 pm

[Attn: Group]

Neph fisted the dragon as it picked her up, but to no avail. It didn't mean she stopped, though. She kept punching until her knuckles bled. Then, she looked at them, at the Rider, flipped her off and flung the free-flowing blood at the woman.
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 6th March 2012, 11:05 pm

{Attn Joelle, Syat}

“Yeah like that sound like you are in control of your own soul.” Nedria grumbles. She looks beyond the city gates one last time, for she knows her freedom is gone. Once she is bound to a dragon her life is no longer her own. She never got to say goodbye to her family. They are probably worried sick about her.

“You will never convince me that this is a good thing. Kidnapping people against their will and stealing their life is the sign of cowards.” She states defiantly but at the same time resigned.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th March 2012, 11:27 pm

{Attn: Nephenee, Nedria, Syat}

Joelle's hand shot up and the blood froze in mid-air, falling harmlessly to the ground and shattering. Calmly, she places a hand on Nephenee's arm, freezing her movements along with her speech. "I am done giving you chances. If you wish for any amount of freedom during your life here, you will stop resisting with violence and threats." Returning her attention to Nedria, she shakes her head. "Nedria, you do not understand. We have been here protecting your family for centuries from an evil you do not understand. You think once this evil is done destroying us they will calmly sit on the sidelines and leave the rest of the world alone? We do what we must to protect everyone, not just our people. You have been given the opportunity to help protect your family. You are not torn from them and someday, once you have accepted this life, you can see them again." They arrived at the Colosseum and when Syat landed, Joelle pulled the frozen Nephenee off the dragon with her. She laid a hand on Syat, a well of love and thanks in that single touch. "Come, Nedria, you must prepare."

{Attn: Daidan}

Kyra wrapped her arms around her brother, even though she was uncomfortable with the gesture. It made him happy to hug her occasionally and so she could handle it. She could feel his love and support for her and it helped her relax her control just a little. With him she didn't have to be so strong, she just forgot that until he did something like this. "You really shouldn't be up, Dai, but I would like you to be there with me. I'll help you there, but we must hurry, I have to help prepare the recruits."

{Attn: Darius}

Gray paced impatiently in the Colosseum, anxious for the ceremony and initiation to begin so it could be done. He didn't want to hurt Darius, but this was a necessary event in the bonding process. He paused and watched as Darius came in and was put in armor.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 6th March 2012, 11:59 pm

[Attn: Joelle, Nedria]

Nephenee's face was a thunderhead for the rage on it. She flipped the woman off to show what she thought of her words, her, and the dragon she rode in on. Chances, indeed. You better keep every soldier in this place out of my sight cause I will hurt them. You better sleep with one eye open because I will kill you...!
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 7th March 2012, 7:31 pm

[ATTN: Thalas]

Lazarus pushes his emotions down, his expression becoming that of a colder one, his eyes emptying as he readies himself for what he must do. His mind wanders to Isadeva for a moment, but he shakes the image of her away as he looks back at Thalas with a deep sigh.

"Shall we?" This time, Lazarus speaks with a much more friendly tone, or at least, as friendly as he ever usually gets. The tension is gone, and no anxiety can be very easily seen at this point.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top