Gateway to Role-Play
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Gateway

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 10 Empty Dragon Gateway

Post by Guest 16th December 2011, 3:18 am

First topic message reminder :

[Attn: Open]

The City of Myreria; it was quiet this time of the morning. Isadeva made her way silently down the stair cases, and into the main hall of the riders court. Several of the staff nodded towards her as she passed, some even greeting her kindly as she quickly brushed past them all.

No one was surprised to see her up this early. It had become a ritual for her; get up, eat a little breakfast, and rush through the Keep to avoid any and all attention. Her first stop was the dragon's nesting area. Several of the dragons loved the attention that she showered on them, and of all the talk of them being horrid beasts that could kill you with the blink of an eye, there was nothing they loved more than a chin scratch.

She stopped outside the Nesting, sighing happily at the warmth that radiated from the sand that the dragons loved to sleep in. Taking a deep breath she started off through the area, smiling at the feel of the sand on her feet. She was supposed to meet Darius and Rhaegar here for a bit of out of the classroom class.

[Attn: Dragons]
Lyamir let out a roar of a yawn, shifting in her shallow basin she had created in the sand. She had at some point turned so she layed on her back, and her feet swayed in the air slightly. All in all so far the day had begun to be good. The gnawing of the emptiness inside her soul was still there, and over time it had started to get worse. Part of her was missing and she wanted it back. Well perhaps back was the wrong thing to say, either way she wanted it, and was unhappy that they had postponed the initiation of the new recruits.

She felt some of the others join in on her discomfort, and sighed. At least she was't alone in it, she supposed it could be worse.

[Attn: Open, Irakvorr]
While most riders were just now awake, or just now attending their duties, Daiden was awake and already half way into the wilds. He had risen early and while Irakvorr was not happy aboutt it, Rider and Dragon had left the city to hunt. The mountains were a dangerous place. Home to wild animals, as well as people. Daiden wasn't worried, however, it would have to be something very big, or very stupid to ever attack a dragon. The trees were thick here, and Daiden had finally told Irakvorr to land. They could continue on foot, as much as he knew the dragon wouldn't want too.

He patted the scaley hide of the creature affectionately, starting through the underbrush.
"Be careful, and stay close to me. I don't want to get lost. Even with our telepathy it would take us forever to find each other again," he thought towards his dragon, the mental link between them sending it loud and clear into his dragon's mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dragon Gateway - Page 10 Empty Re: Dragon Gateway

Post by JerriLeah7 29th March 2012, 9:16 am

[ATTN: Isadeva]

As he is pushed aside, Lazarus groans as she moves towards the creature carelessly, almost as if begging for Death to pay her frail form a visit. He scowls, following her a little too closely and protectively as she speaks to the dragon and begins to heal the girl.

"Must you really be so careless?" Lazarus scolds, "You're going to get yourself killed, but you claim not to need me. Clearly, you don't know what you do or don't need."

With all this going on, his face reddens slightly in irritation, but he keeps a more empty expression despite the concern in his eyes. It's his job, after all, to protect her.

"Just let me do my job." He states bluntly.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st March 2012, 9:03 pm

(ATTN: Nedria)

Nymeria opened one of her eyes. Wow they are still here. Those pesky humans were still in the colosseum.
A dragon was approaching one of them.
Ah poor dragon, he will be chained to this human forever, how lucky. I wish I could remain free, without any human in her life. One human was standing away from the others, like if she didn’t want to be in here. Nymeria thought that was kind of ironic, a human that felt the same way she was feeling. She was probably thinking how her life would change with dragon bounded to her. Nymeria shook her head, like if she wanted to remove these thoughts. I can’t pity one; I must stay silent and not attract any attention.

She went in the air, flying as high as she could. She did not wanted to be in the colosseum anymore. The sad thing was that she knew she could not remain unbounded forever. One say a human would be with her.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 31st March 2012, 9:30 pm

{Attn: Nymeria}

Nedria sat at the edges careful not to look at any of the dragons. She tries the doors, but they are locked. She is trapped in this...forsaken place until they let her out. She turns in time to see a dragon flying. It was the same one that caught her eye earlier. She puts the hand to her eyes, shielding her eyes from the sun. She watches it flying feeling a pang of sadness.

She closes her eyes and shakes her head. She turns around and pounds on the door in a panic. "Please, I have to get out of here!" She screams as the pounds. Why was she feeling this way about a dragon?
xenolion
xenolion

xenopouncer extraordinaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6th April 2012, 9:43 pm

[Attn: Lazarus, Nephenee]

"And you need to shut up, and let me do my job," she hissed, narrowing her eyes. She watched as Lyamir kept one wing slightly extended over the woman. The red lowered her head to gently nudge at Nephenee, checking to make sure the woman was unhurt.

Isadeva smiled faintly. Nephenee didn't want to be bonded, but it seemed she had no choice. She wondered briefly if it really was fate. If they never had a choice in the matter. She closed her eyes, gathering her magic to her. After a moment she began to chant, and her voice blended with the other mages.

Lyamir let out a surprised, alarmed noise. She felt a tugging in her chest, and a moment later threw her head back with a roar. A blinding white light enveloped her, and the light spread to encase Nephenee as well. Isadeva attempted to ignore the cries of pain coming from both woman and dragon. The ritual was short, but it was still painful. They were ripping something from you, something embedded in your body--it was bound to hurt.

The lights grew smaller until they formed two spherical balls, hovering between the woman and dragon. They pulsed, almost as if alive, and then suddenly collided with each other. This caused an even brighter light, and then finally the light disappeared all together leaving behind two glowing crystals.

Isadeva stopped chanting, and opened her eyes. She took the two crystals into her hand, holding them out to Nephenee. "Keep them close, and keep them guarded. Without them, you are nothing but an empty shell. Your life is now literally in the palm of your hand."

[Attn: Rhaegar]

Drokui tilted his head at him, watching him. He noticed how the young human seemed tense, waiting for him to try something. This amused him. The young one was smart, and perhaps they would get along. He reached out suddenly, barely nudging the boy with his talon. He let out a snort when the boy stumbled, doing it again.

[Attn: Simone]

"Princess, this is my domain. Do you honestly think I don't have servants?" She let out a chuckle. She jerked her head towards a door. "Come. Marcus said to keep you safe, and safe is how I will keep you. Unless of course you want to go run off and then I can truthfully tell him something ate you."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 11th April 2012, 2:40 pm

[ATTN: Drokui]

Rhaegar tensed when the dragon lifted a talon toward him; he didn't have time to get away or put up a shield. However, he was surprised when the talon gently nudged him. He stumbled and heard the dragon snort, almost like it was laughing. The talon pushed against him again, and this time it made Rhaegar angry.

"What the hell!" he yelled at the dragon.
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 11th April 2012, 3:35 pm

[Attn: Isadeva, Lyamir]

"What the hell is going--Aaaaaaahhhhh!!"

It felt like something was being ripped from her. Something precious, something irreplacable. She screamed until her throat was raw...then it was over as fast as it had began.

When the world made sense again, she saw Isadeva handing out crystals to her. She reached for them gingerly and held them.

"You bastards..." she growled. "What in tarnation did you bastards do to me?!"

She felt a link to the dragon that had its wing over her...and felt a weird affection for the beast--as if she'd known it all her life. What the hell had they done?
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 11th April 2012, 4:12 pm

[ATTN: Deirra]

Simone scowled as the Rider started towards a door. As much as she hated being here with this bitch... she really didn't have a choice. Leaving wasn't an option, not if she wanted to survive, so she was stuck.

"Fine, then," she said, starting back towards the Rider. She couldn't shake the bad feeling she got here...

But again, what choice did she have? Simone wrapped her cloak protectively about her as she followed Deirra inside.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th April 2012, 4:10 am

[Attn: Nephenee, Lazarus]

Isadeva turned towards Lazarus, leveling a glare at him. She started past him, pulled up short when Thalas extended his wing blocking her path. At first she was about to snap at them, until she noticed the soft purr that was rumbling through his chest. She sighed, reaching over to to scratch under his chin as he lowered his head.
"You're dragon has more manners than you," she muttered, turning to look at Lazarus. "You should try and learn something from him."

'You speak to loud, perhaps I should call you loud mouth?' Lyamir chuckled. She tilted her head at Nephenee, lowering her neck to look at her with one of her gleaming red eyes. She blinked slowly, and nodded. 'Aye, I believe you will be fine.'

[Attn: Rhaegar]

Drokui chuckled once again, circling the young thing. He had circled once more when the ritual started to take effect. The mage's voices around them seemed to circle and envelop them. Once the pain faded, he blinked several times as Rhaegar's mind linked with his. He growled softly, lowering his head.
'Hello, fragile one," he whispered into his mind.

[Attn: Simone]

Upon entering the castle doors, the sound coming from inside stopped. It seemed they were entering the mess hall.
"Carry on boys, just showing the new girl around," she gave Simone and evil smirk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Red 12th April 2012, 3:47 pm

[ATTN: Deirra]

Simone pulled her cloak even tighter about her, almost defensively. Somehow, I'm not surprised, she thought, eyes darting about the hall. Of course the bitch had been lying to her. This was more than just her 'humble abode.' She had suspected something like that from the start.

She was intensely aware of her own helplessness then. No way to leave, no weapons, barely any magic, and the Rider still on her heels.

The Rider was smirking at her, and Simone gave her a dark smile in return, saying nothing as she continued after her. Making a break for it now would end in nothing. She'd bide her time, maybe figure out what exactly she had gotten herself into here.
Red
Red
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th April 2012, 7:07 pm

{Attn: Coliseum}

Joelle felt the bondings beginning and was most relieved when Nephenee was bonded with a strong fire dragon. Lyamir would do well in keeping Nephenee in line and hopefully would calm the girl somewhat. She approved of the other bondings as well. Nature could choose better than she could, this she knew well. Continuing to chant, she looks around the room, noticing Nedria was as yet unbonded, but did seem taken with the dragon flying overhead. She frowned when Nedria began pounding on the door and screaming, but otherwise ignored it. Soon enough she would feel the pull and be unable to stop the bonding.

Kyra watched every thing, followed every movement. It wasn't unusual for the dragons and potential riders to become restless during the highly intense and emotionally charged environment during bonding. In every group there were also those, dragon and recruit alike, that didn't want to bond. Since the mages had to be in the arena for the bonding to take place, those that fought the feelings would sometimes try to attack the mages, trying to get it to stop. Little did they know, that attacking one mage would not disrupt the bonding once it had started. Either way, they didn't want mages hurt every Initiation, so a dragon and rider were placed to guard each mage. She'd learned the hard way that anything could happen at anytime, so she had to stay on high alert until after the ceremony was done and everyone had cleared the arena.

Nedria caught her attention when she started screaming. Maybe she had misread the girl. Kyra had thought she was a brave and creative mage, but it appeared maybe she wasn't. She understood better than anyone fighting authority or people controlling your life, but there was a point when the brave thing was accepting your fate with dignity and trying to make the best of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 13th April 2012, 6:07 am

{Attn: Open}

Seeing that her pounding was not getting her anywhere, Nedria walks away from the door once again. In one hand she charges a fireball, the other a water ball. She can see the other riders get antsy. She smirks at them, but instead of attacking the combined the two and created a fog around her. "Looks like you were wrong in your assessment, none of your dragons want to be bonded with me after all. Or could it be that some dragons, like humans, hate to have their lives taken from them too." Nedria states through the thickening clouds. She doesn't want to attack anyone, she just wants to hide so that dragon does not see her. That way it can be free too.
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by JerriLeah7 13th April 2012, 10:36 pm

[ATTN: Isadeva]

Lazarus raises an eyebrow as he smirks with what almost seems like mockery. He steps up to her, his face inches from her, kneeling in for what seems--for just a briefest of moments--to be a kiss. Then, his face shifts to the side as he first whispers into her ear and then speaks loudly as he backs away and moves to Thalas.

"Manners are a falsity of which have no meaning to me," Lazarus whispers, "Unless it should benefit me to be fake, myself. I am not a fake. Besides, with manners come respect and you have not earned it.

We don't really have to talk, Isadeva. I'm just here to keep you safe. Nothing more is necessary, correct? So let us be silent. Unless you think you can school me in proper etiquette, 'lady.' Hmm?"

This last is said with pure mockery (as if she could be a lady) as he has backed away with his arms crossed and a look of frustration or irritation on his face.
JerriLeah7
JerriLeah7
Administrator

Soul Bearer

https://www.gatewaytoroleplay.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Holsety 14th April 2012, 12:16 am

[ATTN: Drokui]

Rhaegar watched, irritated, as the dragon circled him. It was toying with him, and he'd much prefer it if the dragon just did what it was supposed to and attack. How was he supposed to prove himself like this?

However, something strange started to happen. The mages' chanting seemed to be getting closer, as if it creeping in around him and the dragon. Then came the pain. It felt like his very core was being ripped from deep inside him. He'd never felt something so horrible in his life, and he couldn't help but scream.

When it finally ended, Rhaegar found himself on his knees. There was a strange sensation inside him, he felt connected to this dragon in front of him. He looked up at it when it - he - spoke into Rhaegar's mind.

H-hello...
Holsety
Holsety
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by EphPhoenix 18th April 2012, 6:26 pm

[Attn: Lyamir, Open]

"You call me that only if you want a fat lip," she snapped, but her heart wasn't in it.

She stomped to her feet and started scanning around. "Oh, they like to make sport of people's pain, do they? I'll give'em some bloodsport..."

She began looking around for the nearest soldier, barring that, she'd crack a few of these mages' skulls...
EphPhoenix
EphPhoenix
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24th April 2012, 6:40 pm

Nymeria was still flying high in the sky. She looked down to see if the human were gone when fog began to form around one of the human the fog was thick and the human quickly became invisible. Nymeria lowered her altitude to see what was going on. Even if it was a human, Nymeria’s heart couldn’t let that happen. This human might be choking in this, I need to do something. She dived into the mist and picked up the human that was standing in it with her claw, making sure she wouldn’t hurt the human.

She flew away of the cloud and landed, letting the human, which was a girl, go back on her feet. Nymeria stepped back and standed there, not doing any movement. This woman didn’t look like the other careless humans that entered the arena.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xenolion 24th April 2012, 7:07 pm

{Attn: Nymeria, Open}

Nedria was happy when the fog made her invisible. Now, only if she could make it bigger or move with her. She does not get the chance as she feels talons around her. She feels talon type claw circling her body as it is lifted off the ground. “Let me go!” She yells as she pounds on the talons. She is pulled away from the fog she created.

The creature sets her down and steps back and just stands there. As soon as Nedria is steady on her feet she whips around. “Why did you do that? Didn’t you see I was trying to hide?” She looks up at the dragon and shakes her head. “No, go away! I don’t want to be joined to you. My soul is my own.” She clutches her head as she feels a pull to this dragon. Her face contours as she looks away. “Go away, be free...Before the assholes force us together”
xenolion
xenolion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28th April 2012, 2:24 pm

Right after they landed, the girl starts to talk to says she didn’t want to be bonded with a dragon. Nymeria immediately starts to think about it too. She might be doomed and lose her soul. She had to fly away... but something was preventing her from moving away from that girl. She kinda had the same thinking as her; not wanting to be bonded. Suddenly, something changed in her mind. Nymeria was now sure; she would be bonded no matter how far she would escape. This girl that was standing in front of her was, without a doubt, the human that would accompany her for the rest of her life. She shook her head and said, calmly, with a voice she didn’t know she had:

''Our destinies are tied together, young human. No matter how far you run, we will be bonded. We cannot resist.''

She then approached the girl, waiting for her response

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top